Moodlerooms

Moodlerooms is an education technology company dedicated to bringing excellent online teaching to institutions across the globe.

Work for Moodlerooms?

Learning about Moodlerooms?

Moodlerooms Reviews

Showing 39 Moodlerooms reviews
Moodlerooms review by <span>Erinn C.</span>
Erinn C.

"Great tools for any education."

What do you like best?

It is the better way of making a present online teaching and learning practice. Also, I like that its perfect for both of sides. The learners and educators can use it on every device from phone to desktop with no having to set up an app. It is great that I have the ability to different training options to contain various learning manner.

What do you dislike?

Don't worry I don't want to say something bad about that product as I like it very much. But I have problems with upload big size documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, it is the key to bright education. You will see how styling accommodates to all mobile devices in the very easy way. Gives flexibility that conforms to any study plan with many helpful plugins to expand functionality. I recommend.

With the Moodle, we have big help with all install and we can be sure that our website is accurately configured to secure our needs. To be ensuring that our learning experiences with the highest level and will be suit for all people with any kind of skills.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Moodlerooms
Moodlerooms review by <span>Gerald G.</span>
Gerald G.

"Simple and easy."

What do you like best?

I'm glad that it also highly secure and allow high step of productivity. It is great to create a content and edit our courses. The great way of using teaching and learning tools. I like the way to navigate and carry out common tasks.

What do you dislike?

There is a small issue with uploading big folders. All of the rest of this program works well. Actually, it is the good and fast learning program. I like everything that this platform gives to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Will allows you to manage all your teaching process. The perfect and organized way to prolong your unique quality, deliver an unforgettable learning and teaching experience. Realize an e-learning performance that drives cooperation between teachers and students. I recommend to use it.

As for our team, these intuitive workflows make work easier. I guess it is the best system for both of sides as teachers and for students. Ability to work on any electronic device with no having to set an app. We have different training options to contain various learning styles.

What Corporate LMS solution do you use?

Moodlerooms review by <span>Brooke H.</span>
Brooke H.

"Moodle"

What do you like best?

It is a great way for people to collaborate with each other. It is also a great way for Teachers to teach a classroom of students online. We can give polls to the students, split them into groups for collaboration, and chat with them in a chat box. There are also many features the students can use with the teachers, such as raising their digital hand to ask a question.

What do you dislike?

Some features are difficult to find on it, such as the "away" sign and the hand signals. I also wish the polling on the Moodlerooms was easier to send out to students. I wish there was also an option to prevent students from unmuting themselves without permission.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If u need easy and effective collaboration, then use this LMS. It provides a great way for you to reach a wide-network of people located in various regions of the state. I believe it is the most useful when teaching others in a classroom environment. It is also very fun to use. This is mostly because of its minor capabilities - such as being able to use a chat box for side conversations, break out rooms for partner or group conversations, polls to evaluate opinions, and icons to let the teacher know each student's needs.

The main problems we face are simply with schools being able to provide computers and other ways for students to access the Moodlerooms. It's benefits include being able to reach a wide-spread network of schools all around Arkansas.

Moodlerooms review by <span>Tandy A.</span>
Tandy A.

"Great experience."

What do you like best?

As for me, it is great learning system. I like that everything is totally organized.I can easily share all information and nice way of working side. I can easily work on development.

What do you dislike?

I rather like it than dislike.I like the way how it works. Doesn't take it to long to understand.I mean very easy to use. Perfect that I can have everything in one place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution for keeping control of education. To control students and make their ability to study much better and increase their knowledge. I like it and I recommend it.

I have the ability to control of professional progress. Also, its gives a way to cooperation between teachers and gives solution how to the delivery of educational skills.

Moodlerooms review by <span>Mike G.</span>
Mike G.

"Nice Learning Management System"

What do you like best?

Moodle is a really nice learning management system for our online learning. We also use moodle for supplemental material in our face to face classes. The grade book is one of my favorite things about moodle. It allows me to create quizzes and homework assignments and easy grade them and quickly gets grades back to the students.

What do you dislike?

The only issues I have is with uploading large files to my course, but I believe its because we don't have a lot of space and my video files are too big.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Moodlerooms can be a wonderful management system for small institutions and large ones too! Definitely give it a try if this is something you are looking for. The support for Moodlerooms is also very good. They are quick to respond back with helpful information.

Being able to post content and have students take quizzes and complete assignments and then being able to quickly grade them has been a great experience for me.

Moodlerooms review by <span>Dani S.</span>
Dani S.

"Moodle on steroids"

What do you like best?

How fast it behaves, in comparison to a plain moodle deployment. You can have a full working environment in a few days -most of them are taken by bureaucracy- without the need of deploying your own Moodle in your bare-metal servers.. Keep it simple and deploy fast.

What do you dislike?

There are some options that are unavailable and have to wait for the next major update (each 6 months), like any sort of custom development outside of the system connection boundaries (LTI, websockets, etc). Anyway, this is the direction all major LMS are heading to: SaaS deployment and external applications without any connection to the LMS core, against the old inner plugin approach.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you like how a plain Moodle works, want to have quick and fast, and are not eager to implement any complex customizations, this is your product.

It's a quick way to sell a Moodle environment to a client without having to mantain the hardware infrastructure or taking care at all. Moodlerooms practically turns Moodle into a SaaS.

Moodlerooms review by <span>Pat H.</span>
Pat H.

"Useful tool for educators"

What do you like best?

It was easy to use and useful for a teacher. Once I learned how to use it, I enjoyed trying it in different ways. My university students enjoyed the interactive experience that I was able to give them. I like the ability to give quizzes and get student work.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve was a little tough. I wanted to know how to do what I wanted to do immediately and this took time. I didn't feel that it was intuitive. I don't like having to go to trainings and listen to someone explain how to use it. Then I have to play with it for awhile before it is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since we were using Moodle, this was a great tool to use.

I work in education so I didn't have an business problems. I did like how I was able to integrate it with my classroom.

Moodlerooms review by User in Higher Education

"Use of Moodlerooms as an educator"

What do you like best?

The instructions are pretty easy to follow for designing a course.

What do you dislike?

It is not easily compatible with an iPad and the Moodle App has not been useful for students as it is hard to use with assignments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use with a PC. There are a variety of assignment types and assessments that can be used to provide a well rounded course. It is not easy, however, for students to upload large files. I have had graduate students assigned to post lectures but they have not been able to upload them as a student.

It was used to improve student learning at the college. It has provided us with a centralized means of introducing content and assessments to all students.

Moodlerooms review by <span>Lauren H.</span>
Lauren H.

"Average"

What do you like best?

The ability to provide quick feedback and grading to students. In addition to creating quizzes and homework assignments. Great way to build in technology to teaching. Students can access homework online and upload assignments. Similar to programs used in college level classes.

What do you dislike?

Finding a balance and accessibility restricted to only when I had access to computers. Probably more beneficial to teachers teaching grades 4-12. Not as user friendly for younger children. Time it takes to create assignments is an adjustment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a teacher this is a great resource to add to your toolbox. Especially if you are trying to incorporate more technology into your teaching style.

Communication and ability for students and parents to access feedback quickly from home.Great for preparing high school student on ways college homework might be submitted.

Moodlerooms review by <span>Dirk H.</span>
Dirk H.

"Excelleny service but a bit pricey."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, no internal technical support needed, 24x7 support by knowledgeable engineers.

What do you dislike?

Inability to access and manage all the Moodle install folders.

Need to pay for third-party plugin QC testing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to do a lot of customization and add a lot of plugins this may not be your best option.

Providing a reliable online LMS.

An LMS that is responsive, always available and up-to-date.

Moodlerooms review by <span>Lindsay Jo B.</span>
Lindsay Jo B.

"Moodlerooms review"

What do you like best?

I like how Moodlerooms allows me to connect with students, teachers, and parents with live simulation and controlling progress of student interactions and at-risk behaviors.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how Moodlerooms conflicts with our use of Infinite Campus portal.

We are solving the connectedness issue between teachers and parents at the beginning of each semester. We have realized streamlined communication benefits thanks to Moodlerooms.

Moodlerooms review by User in Libraries
User in Libraries

"Simple enough for novices with enough features for most users"

What do you like best?

Moodlerooms has enough support and is intuitive enough that a novice should not have trouble using it, while at the same time providing enough features that most users will be satisfied with their experience.

What do you dislike?

The only problems I have ever encountered with Moodlerooms occurred when professors would attempt to schedule modules in advance and occasionally the modules would be missing. 9 times out of 10 this was user error, rather than the program. Anything else that went wrong, the support was easily able to resolve in a timely manner.

Moodlerooms makes it much easier to manage multiple sessions or classes, manage higher numbers of students, and it also provides good feedback for user participation and, if the instructor uses the grading, it gives a clear picture of where a class as a whole is succeeding or struggling.

User in Education Management

"Moodle was tough on my noodle"

What do you like best?

There was not any characteristic that I liked. It was very difficult and well see comments under dislike. I in my defense did not use the program often or for a very extended period of time. Probably would have hopefully gotten more easy with use.

What do you dislike?

Well it would be easier to say what I like about it. Nothing. Its complicated confusing. Pointless. There are lots of programs out there that are so much easier to use. Userfriendly. This is not one of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please don't

Not business related per say. Educational wise. Yes. Some of the teachers I work with like this. I first was introduced to moodle for the classroom when I was in a college teacher education class. Not a fan. But Im an older professional so there could be bias because of that.

Moodlerooms review by <span>Matthew R.</span>
Matthew R.

"Moodlerooms changed how I teach"

What do you like best?

The ease of communication with students and parents. I can keep parents more actively involved in their child's education. It also gives the students an easy-to-use online platform for a large amount of their work, which is important right now as education and technology are becoming coterminous.

What do you dislike?

I struggled at first with balancing the online work with the teacher-led activities of the classroom. I felt obligated to make EVERYTHING happen on Moodle...and that wasn't working for me. I have since found a better balance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are an educator, use this product. It will change how you teach.

Communication has greatly improved. I am much better able to track student work and progress.

Moodlerooms review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Clunky learning management system - not as easy to use as blackboard"

What do you like best?

I like that this is open source. I believe this saves my institution some money.

What do you dislike?

I use about five percent of the features Moodle offers. The interface is a bit clunky. For example, I only use Moodle to edit course content. When I contacted my college's IT department to see whether it is possible to keep editing mode on instead of turning it on every time I log in, they said this was not possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to factor in the extra IT cost when considering switching from other LMS systems.

The benefits are that I think we are saving money. This program is a learning management system that functions as my course web page.

Moodlerooms review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"It was an enjoyable way to connect with a slightly complex learning curve. "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to communicate with others and work through discussion boards. Communication is always a good thing with out work, but it can sometimes get overly complicated. Especially when we work with people who are less familiar with modern technology, it ended up being a crutch more than a useful tool for our purposes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that so much had been relegated to the program. Though it is good for assignments and projects to be listed, many users do not post them. Unfortunately as well, when information is so readily accessible to everyone, it become more and more difficult to "shut off" work. With less efficient professors, students had to frequently check their assignments to see if they were posted. If not correctly set up, quizzes can also be overly objective in their responses. This is more operator error, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It seems to be the best option for us, but keep in mind that online learning and collaborating is often more difficult than face-to-face learning styles. The program itself is great, but administrators need to ensure teachers are using it well.

It is good to be able to post projects and work on them together. When we had assignments that were due, it was nice to be able to collaborate together, think about possible solutions, and even post or work with the moodle program. However, some would have issues uploading. Ultimately, graders ended up printing everything out anyways.

Moodlerooms review by <span>Avery S.</span>
Avery S.

"Moodlerooms is an excellent tool for organizing classes. "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create and organize different modules. It's easy to have everything organized into different weekly units for an online class.

What do you dislike?

I think that the platform could be more user friendly. When you click on external links it should open in a new tab.

I have used moodlerooms as a way to take online courses.

Moodlerooms review by <span>Angela V.</span>
Angela V.

"Good product with limitations."

What do you like best?

Good tool for providing students with access to course materials and resources.

What do you dislike?

Limitations in report options made it difficult for us to generate some of the reports we needed in a user-friendly format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't need to do a lot of reporting this is a very good product. If you want to generate reports I would recommend taking a look at the specific reports you need to generate and make sure you can get the reports you want.

We needed a strong learning management system for our school. It allowed us to offer more hybrid and online options for students and give all students better access to course material.

Moodlerooms review by User in Higher Education

"Lost information, not a Moodle Fan"

What do you like best?

Moodle theoretically works great but I struggled when I used it. There were quite a few technical challenges and a lot of times I needed to replicate information and recreate what had been done sometimes several times.

What do you dislike?

I had to recreate a number of modules and had issues with information disappearing or not showing up correctly. Many times students would need access to information and could not see it. Additionally students would not be able to see information I had posted.

We primarily used Moodle for collaboration and I taught online classes. I did like the theory behind Moodle but struggled with the execution.

"Learning with Moodle"

What do you like best?

I like that the classes are online and you can take them at your leisure!

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of, except having the option to pause, save, and resume at a later time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for consistent online training for your employees, Moodle is definitely an option to consider. Their site is very user friendly. As far as pricing, however, I was not privy to this information, just a user!

No problems that I have personally experienced. Benefits that my school district has experienced is the ability to give the same training to all of their staff.

User in Education Management

"Fulfills need for uploading weekly lesson plans"

What do you like best?

I like that we can post lesson plans and refer back to plans for the quarter!

What do you dislike?

I feel like I have to click several options before I get to the screen to upload my lesson plan files. Less clicks and mire direct access would save me time.

We are able to put team lesson plans in a place co-teachers can see and supervisors can review.

Moodlerooms review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Moodlerooms for online learning"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup and the partnership with blackboard. Easy to teach and set up lessons for students... still in the initial setup and use of it but fairly easy to set up along with the training I have received.

What do you dislike?

I would like a few more themes to make it easier on the eye to fit my students.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial for setting up classroom for the school district I work in. Fairly easy to pick up as I have only received training from one person and use it with my team.

Helping make classwork, homework, etc available at all times. Use this for announcements and vital information for classes and even turn in assignments online (going green!)

Moodlerooms review by <span>Betsy L.</span>
Betsy L.

"Moodlerooms experience"

What do you like best?

Easy collaboration amid the already great and user friendly moodle platform -- integrates seamlessly with outside platforms in ways that I haven't seen with other LMS

What do you dislike?

Honestly nothing-- if I have to say something, I'll say that sometimes the site crashes, but this is rare

Solving the problem of students being in the dark about their grades, namely in an online setting. The easy to use grade book solves it all

Moodlerooms review by Administrator

"Moodlerooms Experiences"

What do you like best?

Great system for organization, sharing and collaboration. Makes it easy to provide professional development.

What do you dislike?

The software can appear to be a bit basic, and unlike other similar systems, doesn't pay as nice with "outsider" and web-based software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You might be better served by Canvas by Instructure.

Management of professional development and record keeping. Collaboration between professionals, and delivery of educational content.

Moodlerooms review by <span>Jeffrey O.</span>
Jeffrey O.

"Not the best blackboard application out there - but meets needs."

What do you like best?

Moodlerooms provides easy to navigate screens with breadcrumbs to allow you to go back to a prior screen with minimal fuss. It clearly submits assignments and provides you access to easily upload documents.

What do you dislike?

The site has serious limitations, including that if you use your browser's back button and happen to hit forward again after hitting back, it will repost your posting over and over each time... so following the breadcrumb links for the Moodleroom environment is absolutely essential. Messaging between other users is incredibly cumbersome. The Moodleroom's peer to peer help discussion thread is constantly receiving new inquiries because the site is not as clearly navigable as it could be. Other products provide a more robust environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Blackboard - it seems to be more robust, then make a decision based on what best meets your needs.

It allows for paperless exchange of files, great for submitting assignments and passing files within the environment. The greatest benefit is the ability to clearly track the status of assignments, their grades, and receive feedback for work. I am both a user and a peer administrator.

Moodlerooms review by <span>Sara G.</span>
Sara G.

"Not much experience"

What do you like best?

It was nice being able to communicate with others easily.

What do you dislike?

It is confusing at times to navigate through any PD.

It creates an environment that all employees can use.

Moodlerooms review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Slow and hard on computers"

What do you like best?

There isn't much I do like about this program. It is extremely slow and hard on any computer. There have been times when my computer has over heated while in this program.

What do you dislike?

Slow, not user friendly, does not flow well. There are so many tedious steps to get to where you want to go.

I have not seen many problems solved. Moodle seems to cause more problems

Moodlerooms review by User in Higher Education

"Functional but not ideal"

What do you like best?

Access and setup to/of quizzes is fantastic. Editing items within the program is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Load times can be a pain - it's visual presentation is lacking in style. It never quite does everything I want it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out for your educational institution. It's worth a gander - though it won't blow your socks off.

Grading for classroom activities and attendance rosters. Grade calculation and quiz offerings.

Moodlerooms review by Administrator in Writing and Editing
Administrator in Writing and Editing

"Moodlerooms is okay"

What do you like best?

I do not like using Moodle. It is not very intuitive or user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the entire platform. I've used other online classroom environnents with much better results. Canvas and D2L come to mind as being much more user friendly.

I use Moodle to run my classroom at the college where I teach. The only real benefit is that it's accessible for all students.

"Classroom"

What do you like best?

Instant communication and interaction with other users

What do you dislike?

Nothing really but sometimes the user interface could be better

Communication and classwirk

"Moodleroom"

What do you like best?

I personally do not use Moodlerooms but out entire campus (faculty) uses this product and there seems to be a ton of buzz about it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - I believe that there is so much positive feedback that it would be impossible to give negatives.

I believe we are being able to provide scheduling for different classes

Moodlerooms review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Moodle is Just ok for me."

What do you like best?

That every semester I’m teaching I can import all my projects and information from the last class I taught.

What do you dislike?

It can be tedious trying to upload class projects and grades to moodle.

Having to continually start for scratch at the beginning of a new semester if I’m traching the same class.

"Moodle Review"

What do you like best?

I like the new improvements to the grading platform that allow you to view and comment on assignments right on the assignment page

What do you dislike?

It is still extremely clunky to grade using Moodle. In-line comments would be great

We are able to collect, grade and track student assignments.

Moodlerooms review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Fun With Moodlerooms"

What do you like best?

I like that Moodlerooms is a name that many recognize.

What do you dislike?

The platform is clumsy, and difficult to use.

Within a flex scheduling environment it is often difficult to coordinate and implement training. Moodlerooms provides an effective platform that engages the group.

Moodlerooms review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Confusing interface"

What do you like best?

The interface wasn't bad. Easy on the eye.

What do you dislike?

Taking classes in order to learn how to use the software was tedious and took away from the point.

Communication with others. It didn't work very well.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The bold wording and the navigation is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The color of the Website is not very appealing.

Allowing other staff or students to communicate with one another.

Moodlerooms review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Moodle use"

What do you like best?

Ease of moving through the shells and adding new info

What do you dislike?

The gradebook is too wieldy and often does not cooperate

Presenting info to various students: diversity, culture, etc.

"Used it as a MLS"

What do you like best?

Graphics that we could display in the class

What do you dislike?

Organization of the content for the class

Teaching

Learning about Moodlerooms?

* We monitor all Moodlerooms reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.