Movavi Screen Capture Pro

Movavi Screen Capture Pro is lightweight yet powerful video recording software, designed to help users capture streaming video and music from websites, save Skype calls and program activity, take desktop screenshots, and much more.

Work for Movavi Screen Capture Pro?

Learning about Movavi Screen Capture Pro?

Movavi Screen Capture Pro Reviews

Ask Movavi Screen Capture Pro a Question
Showing 20 Movavi Screen Capture Pro reviews
Movavi Screen Capture Pro review by Lissa K.
Lissa K.

"Movavi for instructional videos"

What do you like best?

It is very easy and quick to use. I can create instructional videos for my employees in minutes. It's also very easy to edit and save videos in the format you desire

What do you dislike?

There is not an easy way to edit instructions into the actual video, however, we loaded all our videos onto an unlisted youtube page for our employees and I put the written instructions in the description which works just fine.

This cuts down on direct questions from my employees who can check on a video to answer their questions as well as cuts down on our face to face training time. It is also extremely helpful with reinforcing the information that they learn in initial training because they can now practice on their own and practice doing things correctly since they have visual directions right in front of them

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Movavi Screen Capture Pro
Movavi Screen Capture Pro review by Martin C.
Martin C.

"Fast stable software for capturing my screen"

What do you like best?

Fast to install.

Easy to do first run.

It is very convinient to record my screen with one key or doing one click.

Easy to use without difficult preferences and tune difficult codecs.

Can easily do screenshots with one click.

There is Intel acceleration for video compressing and special "superspeed" acceleration of Movavi.

It have different frame rates for video - from 5 to 60 frames per second, for sound - from 22 to 48khz with mono or stereo.

It has png/bpm/jpg formats of screenshots, which I can choose in the settings.

It has three configurable hot keys for record video, do screenshot or pause record of screen.

Good stablility of software, it very rare hangs up.

It has many languages in the interface settings.

It has different default areas in the video capture settings and I can manually set the area.

What do you dislike?

There is rare crashes when exporting or save video files. So for best results I need backup video files.

There is not smart tunings for video and for the audio input and output sources.

It is not convinient for do smart automatically snapshots in choosen directory with chosen settings of files. Need prompt every time when do screenshots with directory, filename, filetype, but can click save one time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use but without intelligent settings for codecs or sample rates.

I record video lessons for business needs with recording my screen of using business products.

What Screen and Video Capture solution do you use?

Movavi Screen Capture Pro review by User

"Great substitute for TechSmith Relay software"

What do you like best?

As a university instructor, I often need to utilize screen capture software (especially for the occasional online courses I teach), and Movavi offers a great substitute for TechSmith Relay. TechSmith takes much longer to process videos, and it does not -- as far as I understand -- permit users to download the files: rather, users are merely provided a link to embed the video in their learning management systems, which is to say that the files stay in TechSmith's database. In contrast, Movavi allows one to process the files himself, which is faster, and the files stay on one's own hard drive, which makes Movavi much more versatile. For instance, I can upload them to shared Google Drive files or use them on my personal academic website.

What do you dislike?

The two drawbacks I see with Movavi are that the edit options are not straightforward, and the media files are far too large. As an example of the first concern, if one wishes to trim a screen capture video, dragging the timer to the spot where one wants the video to end and pressing the scissors icon doesn't seem to be enough to trim the file: there is no button to confirm a trim and yet saving the file at this stage would save the entire, unedited version of the file. I'm still trouble-shooting this. As an example of the second concern, after testing this each minute of a screen capture seems to consist in roughly 12.5 MB, which makes these files unwieldy and less versatile. Ideally, one would be able to send these video files via email (which generally has a 25 MB limit). And even if one uses Movavi Video Converter, which allows one to compress the file, the data is still large and the quality of the video quickly declines. I tried converting a 4-minute screen capture video on the lowest video-quality conversion setting and the quality was absolutely horrendous and the file still exceeded 35 MB.

I use Movavi Screen Capture to provide my undergraduates in my online courses more interactive lecture slides, and to provide students feedback on their working drafts of academic papers.

Movavi Screen Capture Pro review by Dymond C.
Dymond C.

"This software is absolutely stunning!"

What do you like best?

I am a huge fan of this screen capture software! The interface is very easy to work with, and it takes very minimal effort to work through the functions of the software. The timing conversion is astounding, there is no visible delay that I have seen as of yet.

What do you dislike?

My only issue with the software is that I cannot edit in the one place. However, it does not take away from the experience of screen capturing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple to use and affordable option for screen capturing, Movavi Screen Capture Pro is the way to go. You will have a delightful time using this software for all types of work needs, such as powerpoint presentations, live on-screen demonstrations and so much more.

I have been able to record videos of my processes, which have greatly aided in my business dealings with potential partners for upcoming projects. I have been able to explain in better detail what it is that I do, and I've created a multitude of business connections from using this software to record my screen while working.

Movavi Screen Capture Pro review by Maxim O.
Maxim O.

"Fast and good product for screen recording"

What do you like best?

You can capture from different screens, with sound. Change capture rectangle by pixel entering or choose from existing sizes. Show/not show cursor, or special customizable highlite to cursor. You can schedule screen capture, time (when) and duration. You can also record keyboard keystrokes. Also you can select capturing area by clicking mouse. Very reliable software, about 98-99% of time it works without freezes. Bmp, Png, Jpg compression formats of screenshot. Can use H264 codec for video encoding. It has several languages out of the box, and have good help. Very simple product for installing and first use out of the box.

What do you dislike?

Very rare application freezes, so cant recommend to use only it in one time for recording. Need to record by two different application for best result. Cant upload automatically to ftp/http/youtube/dropbox etc. Small quantity of encoding options for video and audio, so need install special codecs or use additional software for post-production of video file. Cant set compression for jpg screenshot output. Two types of acceleration when use video recording. You can change video size of the output video with recording screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use only Movavi for recording in the expensive video sessions. Movavi very reliable software, but it hasn't 100% guarantee.

Record my screen for sharing later manually via dropbox, youtube links. Good software for record video lessons for other users.

Movavi Screen Capture Pro review by Anuradha P.
Anuradha P.

"Wow! this is a great software"

What do you like best?

This product is easy to use and built-in editor makes it more attractive. This product also provides regular updates. The feature to select the recording area is another feature I love.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing, this is a great user-friendly software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have checked few other software, and this is the best. You can not beat the price, value of money and user-friendliness.

I am using this software to create video tutorials for my tailor made software. This software is very easy to use and people like to watch a video rather than reading a guide to learn how to use my tailor made software.

We also use this software to prepare demonstrations of our software.

Movavi Screen Capture Pro review by Alex S.
Alex S.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and handles my needs

What do you dislike?

I wish it were free! I didn't understand how the movavi audio capture worked at first because it added a movavi sound grabber on my mac and initially I could not get the sound to record. Then I figured it out to choose the moavi sound grabber instead of my internal speakers to capture audio with the video.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I read a review on download.com - it worked as promised so I bought it.

I use Movavi to make instructional videos for our customer community. Movavi is an incredible value. It is very easy to use and works to capture images and video making it easy to produce educational content.

Movavi Screen Capture Pro review by Ensar H.
Ensar H.

"No-nonsense Screen Capture"

What do you like best?

Does exactly what is expected plus some more. In combination with other tools from the vendor it becomes serious productivity tool. Available on both PC and Mac.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to discover any negative aspect of the software. So far it has been rock solid and reliable.

The tool can be used to make tutorials, capture videos, and many more. As mentioned earlier, the real strength of the tool is when used in combo with other tools in the suite. Easy video editing, that in some features matches and surpasses even professional grade tools. Never failed me when I had to work around clock to meet deadlines. Both PC and Mac version.

Movavi Screen Capture Pro review by Tina K.
Tina K.

"Great for creating HOW TO videos for my customers"

What do you like best?

This was a lifesaver! I looked everywhere for a program to record the screen that was a reasonable price. I've tried expensive programs in the past but this was by far the easiest, cheapest and the HD Quality was great. I create How To videos to help my customers.

What do you dislike?

I countdown took a little time to get used to.

Support Issues

Movavi Screen Capture Pro review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Screen Capture is Awesome!"

What do you like best?

It's ease of use and it's very intuitive. You can be up and rolling in no time. As a presenter you don't want to be all tied up with software that requires a lot of learning. Screen capture is just that. Easy to use screen capture.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of yet. I've had the software for less than a year and I don't have anything to report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price there's nothing better out there.

I can capture what I want to capture to present with ease. As a presenter ease of use is paramount.

Movavi Screen Capture Pro review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Great product - Life ssver"

What do you like best?

I do a lot of online training. Having screen capture allows me to go back and watch live webinars over and over again thus increasing my knowledge. I can stop video, rewind, go forward etc. I love it. Thank you Movavi

What do you dislike?

Nothing. It's great. Easy to use to I really have nothing negative to say as yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it

I'm able to review video for learning

"Great Recroding Product"

What do you like best?

It is very easy and quick to use. I can create sales videos and record presentations very easily. It's also very easy to edit and save videos in the format you prefer.

What do you dislike?

There is not an easy way to edit instructions into the actual video. Sometimes it crashes when exporting or save video files. So there is a need backup video files.

I record video lessons for business and sales needs with recording my screen of presentation and making sales videos.

Movavi Screen Capture Pro review by Chris G.
Chris G.

"Movavi Screen Capture"

What do you like best?

Ability to resize the screen capture area, 1 click to bring into the editor and a great price!

What do you dislike?

No complaints! Make sure to check out the additional Movavi products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mobile app as well!

Tutorials, Google Earth capture, educational uses.

Movavi Screen Capture Pro review by Charles G.
Charles G.

"Great for capturing screen webinar's"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, easy to setup, once I figured out how to size the screen to capture, the rest was easy, and simple

What do you dislike?

Was missing full editing, I ended up getting another one of your products so everything is solved now.

recordiing business webinars, great reviewing info

Movavi Screen Capture Pro review by Jody B.
Jody B.

"Excellent product!"

What do you like best?

It does everything! I record instructional videos and it is absolutely the best!

What do you dislike?

The time that it takes to load when starting the program.

I record instructional videos.

Movavi Screen Capture Pro review by User

"Excellent Screen capture and Training tool"

What do you like best?

The fact that the software can capture my 2 monitors wide. Save the video in several different formats

What do you dislike?

Not sure yet, have not explored all its features yet, but I have used it 5 times and like its ease of use.

Used as a training tool to capture processes in video format to show other colleagues the steps to complete a process

"Works Great!"

What do you like best?

Works just as it was sold maybe even better!

What do you dislike?

I wish it run it self so I can be lazy no problems to report at this time.

We are able to capture our Webinars that are not allows published after to show the rest of my staff.

Movavi Screen Capture Pro review by Administrator

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Movavi Screen Capture Pro is easy to use and does a great job. I was skeptical at firs but now I use it on a regular basis. Love it

What do you dislike?

Nothing ..........................................................................

Recommendations to others considering the product

You want be disappointed

Easy to record screen for use in training purpose

Movavi Screen Capture Pro review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"Limited under Microsoft 10 Edge Browser."

What do you like best?

The ability to capture a full screen using Firefox.

What do you dislike?

Unable to retain control of Windows 10 Edge Browser while in capture mode.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use the Microsoft Edge Browser, this is not for you.

Setup instructions.

"Neutral review"

What do you like best?

It is great when Movavi screen capture works

What do you dislike?

It is very frustrating when it does not work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe check out other providers as well

recording of Skype conversations/videos

Learning about Movavi Screen Capture Pro?

* We monitor all Movavi Screen Capture Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.