Moz Local

Increase your visibility in mobile and local search, and drive more foot traffic with accurate, consistent business listings across the web. See how your business is listed online.

Work for Moz Local?

Learning about Moz Local?

Moz Local Reviews

Ask Moz Local a Question
Showing 428 Moz Local reviews
Moz Local review by Ryan J.
Ryan J.

"Affordable and easy to use Local SEO tool"

What do you like best?

There are so many directories that you have to align to get good local SEO results, and MOZ local does most of the work for you. It is a much more inexpensive option than Yext (which seems to have some sort of unholy alliance going on with some directories like SuperPages) and either automatically updates listings for your or tells you where you need to establish/update an account.

MOZ Local also offers an option to push changes directly to Foursquare and Google My Business, which is useful.

What do you dislike?

Some of the updates take an extremely long period of time to be made via MOZ Local. Sometimes, I'd get impatient and do them myself. Some never seem to get updated, but overall, it does a pretty good job. Also, it doesn't always do the best job in identifying duplicate accounts.

Their customer service is also not great. If you're confused in using it, you may get lost and stay lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are really only two options - this and Yext. For small biz. MOZ is much more affordable, while Yext seems to have more coverage.

There are a lot of directories that search engines use to offer the right location and contact information for brick and mortar businesses. To align them all individually is time consuming and some seem impossible without paying Yext. this tool helps you see the important directories, understand what is missing or inaccurate, and either updates it for your or points you in the right direction.

I've seen a lot of local SEO benefits for myself and for clients.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Moz Local
Moz Local review by Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.

"Okay Tool"

What do you like best?

The best part of Moz Local is being able to clean up your local NAP information across the many, many local sites across the Internet. The task is virtually impossible without using a local aggregate.

What do you dislike?

Moz Local needs to provide better training on how to use the tool. There are many aspects that are confusing and their help guide provides very little answers. I would also like some sort of reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's fairly cheap and quick to get your correct information out. It doesn't do much more than that.

The benefits are having the correct and up-t-date store information posted across the internet. We've also found many duplicate or fake pages that we did not know about and can work towards getting them removed.

What Local SEO solution do you use?

Moz Local review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Visually good - its like voodoo"

What do you like best?

I liked the fact you can see instantly the score of your local SEO it gives you a percentage and then what you need to get all your ducks lined up to get a good local score. Its very visual and it does help you to standardise your brand. You can also manage multiple clients the system and help them achieve better local listings.

What do you dislike?

It is expensive and it seem not to work very well for UK businesses it also could change from week to week without any logic. It says your not a member of a directory when you are and some of the information is out dated. The pricing was a little unclear as well for the UK market and they kept changing the price

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you have setup you do need to keep checking the portal to make sure elements don't break and that everything is accurate. It is a good tool but I am sure their are cheaper ones out there. The issue with the UK version is the directories I don't think are very good quality and I think it could be improved

Brand awareness and making sure you had one message across the board. The benefits actually help standardise how you talk about your brand online. Making sure that your in the right business directories and make sure you have no typos. It also helps you find out which listing you do have and which ones you need to get listed in. We found though on some of the directories that it was quite hard to get setup

Moz Local review by Fred H.
Fred H.

"It does a job"

What do you like best?

Moz Local has good things to offer, is fairly reliable, and works well on the free model. I like the DA bar in the bookmarks section of Chrome - a must have for any website analysis.

What do you dislike?

Paywall is frustrating - you have to pay a bit to get a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can get more for a lack of prohibitive cost elsewhere on Moz. As stated, the free tools Moz makes available can serve their purposes regardless of geographic (re: local) concentration. As for a local concentration, Moz themselves have even recommended some tools that I would deem superior and cost effective for today's startup. Tools as simple as spreadsheets (Local Competitive Audit Spreadsheet, for instance) or Chrome extensions or the more cumbersome packages like Google Search Console can aide and abet your search engine optimisation goals.

Having said that, startups and entrepreneurs trying to get their ship off the ground would do well to give this a go. Whatever you can do to automate your presence (as MOZ Local functionalities like Google My Business API integration and Customer Success Manager do allow) is a big help in these tender early days of your soon-to-be-thriving company, and MOZ Local can open up new avenues and generate conversations in your locality whilst your busy trying to build something beyond a concept and into a reality.

We're mostly trying to understand our presence on local scale online. We're not really actioning anything off of it.

Moz Local review by Administrator in Maritime
Administrator in Maritime

"Business listings and basic SEO info made easy with Moz Local."

What do you like best?

Moz Local saved us big time when we moved to a new location. I had tons of trouble updating our address and other contact number across a wide range of places, but Moz made it easy to push all relevant information to places like Google, Yelp. Yahoo, etc. It's awesome to know that customers are finding the right information online every time.

What do you dislike?

With Moz's pricing and yearly contract, it's clear that if you use them to update contact info across various web spaces, it will disappear if you move away from using Moz. In short, seems like we're pretty locked in. Not a problem since Moz works well for us, but something to keep in mind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this if you can't figure out how to fix contact information on your own across multiple platforms.

Solved a major problem of getting contact info up to date in places I could not access. Huge win in that regard.

Moz Local review by Sarah F.
Sarah F.

"One View for all Citation and Directory Needs"

What do you like best?

I have our Moz Listing bookmarked on my toolbar so I can check's our directory listings at all times. I can see if anything needs to be updated manually while Moz updates our information automatically when it see something wrong.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the integration between MozLocal and MozPro were more seamless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is great and will make sure you don't have incorrect listings wondering around the web. Even if you think you don't, you can check and edit those listings ar no cost. It's a free service and if you would like a more automated approach, the cost to have Moz keep an eye on everything is extremely affordable.

We are able to really dig into our local search results. We are able to see where our SEO efforts were boosted once we completed directory submissions. We also were able to see places our listing was incorrect. Since those places are of high authority according to Google and Moz, we were able to update and create our consistent citation across the web.

Moz Local review by Administrator in Consumer Electronics
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"Moz Local Is Amazing "

What do you like best?

We joined 7 business areas to test it out. To keep the test legit, we're not doing some other work on them. Following 5 weeks in the program all postings enhanced, yet not all sites and databases made strides. New postings were made and information was included and adjusted existing profiles.

Moz Local is fantastic when trying to get accurate and complete syndication through Localeze. It also beats the nightmare that is Yahoo Local, justifies the Moz Local price.

What do you dislike?

It does take quite a bit of time to see the results of having your business on Moz. While this is not their fault but rather the way search is. I also would prefer to see EVERY single listing my site is on. i would also like to have better reporting on these programs as well. When clients are using this they want to be able to see the growth overall for their account and there is no way to download a PDF or another form to show them this information

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the more cost effective solution on the market

We are using Moz Local to increase the amount of directories we are in and also increase the correct information throughout these directories. That is the biggest problem we've faced before coming to Moz local. We have seen a huge increase in correct information for our businesses across the web. We have noticed an increase in traffic as well

Moz Local review by Jon R.
Jon R.

"Moz Local has helped my business tremendously!"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, you basically just input all of your correct information and it puts it out to most of the major directories. It basically assists you in ranking better in local search results for a very reasonable price, and not much work is involved.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, except that the changes and improvements do take some time to notice. If you sign up with Moz Local, your Local SEO isn't going to improve over night, but it will certainly improve over 6 months to a year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it to anyone owning a business that wants to get better local search results.

It has saved me many hours of inputting our NAP on sites. It has done all this for me, and continues to do so.

Moz Local review by Brian B.
Brian B.

"SEO for Humans"

What do you like best?

Moz Local takes the complex world of SEO and makes it (relatively) simple and convenient. An all-in-one hub for you to manage your business locations. The concept is great -- anyone who has hunted down their business location all over the internet will know how frustrating it is to do all of the legwork yourself.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike, but I have had trouble getting my location to 100% accuracy. I've greatly improved it, but haven't reached "perfection."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask their customer service anything. They're so helpful.

Publishing consistent info on your business across the web. Searching out all places it's listed. Plenty of SEO training and resources.

Moz Local review by Jonathan S.
Jonathan S.

"Very easy way to cover all your basis in Local SEO"

What do you like best?

I liked how it was visually simple to go through your results once you've ran a site in the system. It's simple to see where you are strong and where you are lacking. And it's very easy to notice any major issues that might be hurting your local results.

What do you dislike?

I noticed sometimes, not always, but when I would go fix an issue or a local citation, I would come back after I've cleaned up a few, and there didn't seem to be any changes in the results. Maybe there is just a delay in the crawling, or maybe a delay in how fast the local listing will update their info, but I found that difficult, because you would have to remember to come back a few days or a week later to check on your progress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used Moz Local as a solid starting point for cleaning up and optimizing local presence. Like any online Saas, especially anything related to the dynamic SEO world, the data provided on these should be taken with a grain of salt. Always have at least two software's giving you info, so that you can take those into consideration and make the best call yourself.

I was working with a real estate agent as a client to clean up her local citations and boost her search presence. They had a bunch fo listings but were wildly inconsistent and missing a lot. Moz Local made it super streamline to start dealing with the issues and filling in the holes where they were missing quality listings.

Moz Local review by Michael R.
Michael R.

"Multiple auto renews despite cancelling! Updated - More unauthorized charges!"

What do you like best?

Dashboard graph of listing and % complete

What do you dislike?

UPDATE 12/14/16 - My head is going to explode dealing with Moz....

From "Lisa" via chat support "We are certainly happy to refund listing renewals within 2 weeks of the renewal. To do that, I would need you to cancel your listing for..."

OMG - seriously? 2 weeks to get a refund for a listing I HAD previously cancelled and Moz again charged me?

WAIT IT GETS BETTER.....EMAIL 12/14/166....

"Hello, David from Moz Local here. I'm sorry to have to inform you we have accidentally renewed one or more Moz Local listings you had set to not auto-renew at the end of the term for listings set to renew in November and December. We will be submitting refunds for the listings and making sure they are canceled to prevent future charges. If you wish to keep your listing active, please let me know by end of the day Wednesday December 21st. We will start processing the cancelations and refunds on Thursday December 22nd. I apologize for the trouble this has caused. If you have any questions at all, please do let me know."

Now I don't know how many more listings they unauthorized auto renew - appears to be at least 4 maybe 5 now.

My advice - DO NOT EVER, EVER GIVE THEM YOU CREDIT CARD!

1) WAY too long for listings to update...if they ever do!

2) Auto renewals despite cancellations.

3) After contacting support about unauthorized renews and requesting NONE of my listings be auto renewed several months later ANOTHER UNAUTHORIZED auto renewal. Now I waste more time getting my money back.

4) I do not TRUST this company at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do NOT give they your Credit Card - I have experienced multiple unauthorized changes over multiple months. The excuse is always "Computer glitch".

Trying to provide Local SEO for my clients.

Moz Local review by Katie H.
Katie H.

"Moz Local Saved my Clients!"

What do you like best?

I love how simple Moz Local is to use! My absolute favorite part is that you can update your company's information on ONE platform and it changes it across the board. No more logging in to every individual platform and changing information one hundred times.

What do you dislike?

Wish it connects to more listing accounts. I have a few niche clients I manage and Moz Local, for now, only connects to some of the main listings like yelp, Google, etc. My clients would need some more specific platforms added to be fully functional.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a multi-location business, a business that's been around for years, or recently changed locations, consider using Moz Local. This will save you a headache of trying to update your listing in one hundred different spots.

A client of mine changed hours, website, and phone number. It was a nightmare to try updating this across the web. Being able to update from Moz Local allowed me to update information across the board without having to track down every incorrect listing.

Moz Local review by Jason B.
Jason B.

"If you're thinking local marketing, think Moz"

What do you like best?

It's extremely easy to use and navigate and it doesn't take much to learn the platform.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is MUCH more difficult than it seems... it's not as easy as 'updating a citation' and presto everything is good to go. Not only that, but social media and citations change all of the time so you've got to make sure you're up to date on things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth the effort... if you doubt it, the annual fee isn't all that much for the value you're getting! Give it a try.

Management of multiple social media and digital citation platforms at once, all in one place.

Moz Local review by Hannah B.
Hannah B.

"Good analytics but hesitant to use for listing cleanup"

What do you like best?

Moz local is a great tool to use for insights on how your business is listed across the Internet. You can pull reports on duplicates, inconsistencies, and more.

What do you dislike?

when setting up a business for listing distribution and clean up, our agency has been hesitant to move forward in the future. We've use multiple clients ( all local businesses) that one analog then say things are cleaned up, there's no duplicates, etc. but when we do our own digging and look on specific sites this is not the case. We then have to reach out to support and work through getting the information cleaned up which seems counterproductive.

Businesses that have lots of locations, especially over 10, that need citation cleanup or citation building.

Moz Local review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"Moz Local; Great Tool!"

What do you like best?

Fairly low fee and easy management of some of the most important directory listings. Once it's setup Moz does the rest for you and you can track the progress and see improvements in your reach and presence.

What do you dislike?

I really wish that there were more directories available in this tool. Nobody seems to have a universal solution, but MOZ is a guaranteed necessity. Just wish they had a bigger reach.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it up and running. Decide on how you want your listing to look ahead of time and keep it uniform everywhere else.

Started a new company a while back and needed to get all my directories consistent and verified. I've seen online leads jump over the last year and a half I've used this service. Really helps organic ranking and improves overall branding and presence.

Moz Local review by David S.
David S.

"It works... as far as I can tell."

What do you like best?

Moz Local saves a ton of time with keeping our business information accurate and up to date across the myriad of web listings. It also identifies potential inconsistencies, duplicates, and other errors. Correcting listings one-by-one would take ages (I know, I tried), and in some cases cost a pretty penny. This is a simple and affordable solution to monitor how our business info shows up across the web. I really appreciate that it actively crawls and will report issues that might come up. I would otherwise have no way of knowing if and when bad info is being distributed through other channels.

What do you dislike?

The interface isn't always intuitive or responsive - or maybe its just that it is overly simplistic. I might click on something, thinking I'm resolving a problem, but nothing happens... at least not as far as I can tell. I like to be a little more hands-on. Moz Local will show me a list of potential duplicates and as if I want to "Ignore" or "Close" (and submit a removal request, but maybe the solution is somewhere in between. I wish I could jump straight to the issue and correct the errors manually instead of sitting back and hoping that the right information is being distributed.

Our company changed its name several years ago, and so began a long, drawn out battle to update our information across the Internet. Long story short, it was a mess. I tried to handle most of the updates manually, but probably ended up creating more problems for myself. I wish I had just started with Moz. After signing up, most of the listing issues we resolved in a few months.

Moz Local review by Jace B.
Jace B.

"Awesome Results For A Great Price"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to get setup and provides great reports for my clients that I can send them on a weekly basis. The results that it gets are great and I am able to confidently set up a client of mine and know that they are going to be happy with the results that this software gets. It makes me look great and they don't even know that I am having it all automated and getting it done for me.

What do you dislike?

Not knowing when things update when I get listings made. Also I'm not a huge fan that there isn't a "report mode" that gets rid of things like "Edit" or the potential bar. I always get into the code and remove those when sending screenshots to clients.

I feel like this is just a little bit of a lack of control and the way that data gets presented sometimes. For example I can't get an address of a client of mine to show up as 780 S 360 E, it shows up as 780 360 E. This could easily be my fault with Google but I just am unsure how to change it and would like just a little bit more help with getting things like that fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to do this for you or your client just set it up! It's incredibly affordable and gets great results.

I'm able to very quickly setup a new client and automatically have Moz Local do the work for me. All I have to take care of after that is sending the reports to my clients.

Moz Local review by Greg R.
Greg R.

"Moz Local - A Good Tool at an Good Price."

What do you like best?

Simplicity, easy to understand.

Saves time and resource in identifying listing and making sure they where consistent. We are able to make sure their brand, contact information & overall message are consistent on different directories all in one dashboard. If your client makes changes , you can push that out from one dashboard instead of logging into hundreds. Great Solution.

What do you dislike?

Needs more explanation on specifics topics and I find that results are often inconsistent when it comes to submitting sites. Some information will get through to sites right away and it will show that they are approved, but other sites will be stuck for a long period of time. I would like so feedback on what is happening to the submissions.

It saves time and resource hunting down local listings and making sure they are accurate. Its quick and efficient so time and money is saved - to works as well!

Moz Local review by Jane B.
Jane B.

"Moz Local - A Good Tool at an Affordable Price"

What do you like best?

I use Moz Local to push out consistent business information for clients to improve their visibility online. Moz Local consolidates a lot of online accounts in one place, and shows me where there are duplicates or inconsistencies. It's affordable for clients. Plus, I can use one dashboard to manage multiple clients.

What do you dislike?

The connection with Bing has been down a lot lately. I'm told it's a problem with the API with Bing, and all the companies like Moz Local are experiencing the same problem. There are also messages, like "We are temporarily unable to connect" with a variety of accounts. When I want to send a client a screenshot to show the progress I'm making, and the program cannot connect to the accounts so the stats look low, that's frustrating.

I wish it were easier to contact the various data aggregators to manually remove duplicates and clean up inconsistent accounts. That still takes a lot of effort, but at least Moz Local shows them to me conveniently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Moz Local does good work for you, but be prepared to fill in the gaps. You still have to have solid business information with well-written texts and compelling images to flesh out accounts. For existing businesses, you also need to plan on time to manually contact data aggregators to remove duplicates and clean up inconsistencies. That work takes longer than you might think!

For brand new clients, Moz Local is a time saving way to push out identical information to online data aggregators and directories. It increases Google juice because the data is consistent. I can also help clients remove duplicates and clean up inconsistencies in accounts because Moz Local shows me problem accounts. Cleaning those up really does help improve search result placement for clients.

Moz Local review by Scott E.
Scott E.

"Moz Local makes your life easier"

What do you like best?

The cost is so low for everything it does. All I have to do is minimal monitoring and Moz Local does the rest. The reporting is great, too. Great time saver for those tasks I don't like to do anyway! It's such an easy interface / dashboard that is suitable for customer-facing presentations. If there are any errors, Moz Local simply tells you what the problems are and you don't have to manage all the separate directories individually.

The add on option for Search Insights is another great, low-cost way to measure Visibility, Performance, and Reputation, too. This is crucial for small local business, too, especially if they need help with branding or any reputation management issues.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I don't like. Just keep adding directories!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Moz local is super easy to use and the cost is well worth all the updates and relationship management it comes with. It even comes with a cool interface / dashboard that can be customer facing even. The reporting included with each location is another value add for your clients, too.

Solving outsourcing directories to better utilize my time, increase NAP local listing accuracy across the web, improve local search engine results. It's also another channel we can use to generate revenue for us and the customer alike. We have definitely noticed increased visibility in local SERPS, which has led to more impressions, clicks, and sales.

Moz Local review by Amy F.
Amy F.

"Easy to use and cost effective"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use and understand. The dashboard is helpful because I can see all of my clients information at the same time. .

What do you dislike?

I don't like how you have to pay extra if you want to get the insights. It seems like it should all be includes in one package. I also don't like how this solution is unavailable to people who don't have a street address. We should be able to just use State, Zip Code and City.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Users must have a street address to use this product. It costs extra to get detailed insights. But otherwise, it is a great tool to get your started with local listing management.

I am using this platform for many different clients. All of which were looking for a way to improve the local listing optimization. I've realized that it saves to much time using a tool like this than trying to do it manually.

Moz Local review by Jack B.
Jack B.

"Great product and VERY affordable"

What do you like best?

Once you figure out how to best add your data on the web, it is an amazing product that helps push your data to multiple sites. I am using the basic program of $7 per month for (2) website and am about to do it for a 3rd site. It is a great product that keeps our page relevant and on the web. We add the content and SEO and go from there.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is the fact that it takes some of their aggregate partners so long to respond. Not a Moz issue, but for instance City Data says they take up to 6 months to make the changes. I wish Moz had a way to make it easier so that changes, like to phone numbers, are updated much sooner than 6 months later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is VERY affordable to use Moz Local as compared to other products like YEXT. Having access to their webinars and videos from Rand Fishkin is also priceless. SEO was hard for us when we first started and now it is much easier and we have Moz local to thank for it!

People need to be able to find us online. They search online at Google first. This helps us get recognized as a real, local business. With the help of reviews and more local content, we are able to get to the first page of Google and the annoying calls from people trying to get us to the 1st page have almost gone away.

Moz Local review by Randy G.
Randy G.

"Great Results and Time Saved"

What do you like best?

I like having a dashboard at my fingertips where I get all of the updated information about all of our locations. I'm able to quickly tell what we need to fix or improve. The best part is that we get to witness those improvements on the charts, which is fun.

What do you dislike?

The dashboard can be confusing for a new user as there isn't really a step-by-step process that leads you in how to get set up. You do have to read the FAQ and do some investigation. A quick-start guide or step-by-step setup wizard with annotations would be extremely helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend MOZ Local. I have used the tool not only for my company but for many outside clients, and 100% of the time MOZ Local has achieved a positive ROI. The service is well priced and affordable, and the time saved is huge. It would have taken me vast amounts of time to create directory listings in all of the directories that MOZ covers with a simple submission. I do recommend that you invest some time (an hour or two) reading the FAQs to get a better understanding of what you need to do to start and keep your listings maintained.

Our eight branch locations are seeing not only improved search visibility, but we're also beating out competitors that are not so consistently listed across directories and data aggregators.

Moz Local review by Edgar J.
Edgar J.

"Great product with a simple interface but minimal features for measurement with the stock plan"

What do you like best?

Moz local has allowed me to simplify location management through the application. Some areas take a bit of getting used to but overall, very intuitive to use. It saved me hours of work by allowing me to manage listings from one central location.

What do you dislike?

The interface seems to not connect with some listing locations requiring you to go to those sites to update or access an account. I wish it could all be done through the Moz Local interface. That would save a lot more time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I only wish that analytics were not an add-on. I also wish i could see the referral sources for the traffic that is received by location pages. I know I can get most of that in Google but to have an all in one solution for all digital media... now that would be perfect.

Through streamlining location management, we have been able to find erroneous listings and potential referral sources for future business.

Moz Local review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"Easier than managing listings manually"

What do you like best?

It's great because we can see all of our listings in one place. This is huge for us because with nearly 30 locations, trying to do that manually for all of the directories that Moz Local submits to would be impossible without hiring extra staff. With that in mind, this has saved us a ton of money.

And it works well too. It is great to have everything updated and consistent--a must for good SEO--across all available directories. It seems crazy that these directories are still so important these days but they are and tools like Moz Local are really the only way to manage them.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit confusing to get started. Perhaps it is too simple if that could be a thing--it made me wonder if I had done everything correctly. I wonder if a quick tutorial or video would be helpful for new users. But in the end, it was an outside agency that did most of our work and they are well versed in Moz Local so it wasn't really a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a couple of locations, you can probably manage this yourself, but I would recommend hiring an agency to help if you have a lot of locations. But that's more of a recommendation for general marketing and not so much specifically for Moz Local.

Moz Local makes publishing to directories easier. I've looked at other services before but this one seemed the least sketchy and most professional. I'm glad that our marketing agency suggested this as what we use.

Moz Local review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Great tool for managing and updating all your listing in one convenient and easy hub"

What do you like best?

Simple and self-explanatory UI where you can manage all your listings from one dashboard and see where any inconsistencies lay. Moz Local can points out and show you where phone numbers or addresses are wrong. even If you are unaware that you have some already existing listings -auto generated- across the internet.

claiming your foursquare listings is simple. However claiming other listings, can be a bit more hustle (like Yellowpages, Superpages).

What do you dislike?

For example, if you have a listing on Yellowpages that has the wrong phone number, Moz Local will point it out as an inconsistency, but you have to manually go into Yellowpages and correct that phone number. This can be difficult if your client didn’t create the Yellowpages listing. This creates an extra step where you have to claim the listing on their behalf before you can update the phone number.

The price needs some revision, since they simply points out the problems you have and you still have to manually fix it in many cases. Another example is finding an auto generated facebook page of your listing, then contacting fb to claim it or fixing it is another headache that in my opinion should be handled by Moz.

Recommendations to others considering the product

knowing your local search status has a valuable benefit in directing your SEO efforts.

Trying to figure out the current status on local search, having local Moz speeds up the process a bit and may show you some never expected old / wrong info.

Moz Local review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"Moz Local helped improve our business presence online"

What do you like best?

The ability to track our online presence across a wide variety of sites and engines- all from a single page. Efficient and fairly user friendly. Relatively low price for what you get out of it. Ability to upload photos of your business to a wide variety of sites with a single click is also pretty great. Excellent option for a new business.

What do you dislike?

Moz seems to take a long time to update listings, and sometimes it doesn't seem to get the updated listings sent across the various platforms. If there was a better tool to show how the updating process was going that would be super helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a wide variety of search engines and sites to update your business on- and Moz speeds up that process greatly. It is not perfect- but it helped make our online presence a lot more consistent, which helps drive new customers to our shop. For the price it is definitely worth it for the first year at least. I am not sure if we will renew given that our presence is now established and accurate online- but for that initial setup I would highly recommend it.

Limited time to manage online presence- and wanting to improve our online search results. Our business went from not being listed on the front page for coffee in our area to being the #1 search result for our category, and Moz was a part of that success.

Moz Local review by Paul D.
Paul D.

"I manage the web presence of several companies as a SEO/copywriter at a small agency."

What do you like best?

I like that it gives me a bit more visibility into a clients citation situation.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the marketing behind it promises a more automated process than the product delivers. It's more of a diagnostic tool than a citation changing tool. Also, so far I haven't seen a lot of evidence that citations on Moz Local partner sites (e.g. FourSquare, etc), really do get picked up much by other sites to spread citations throughout the internet. The product doesn't do a good enough job showing that this is happening, if it is happening.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you're buying. It's not a quick fix, it's not as automated as it claims, nor does it offer an exhaustive look at all citations associated with a NAP profile -- that would be awesome. Instead, it's a good basic diagnostic tool to give you visibility into how your NAP info (or your client's) is displayed on some of the more influential citation sites. The promises of citation info on these aggregator sites' getting picked up and distributed out into the web at this point feels a bit overblown or at a minimum unproven by the product.

I hoped to generate a critical mass of correct citations for my clients and correct duplicate and inaccurate NAP info automatically. I'm now seeing that this is not a realistic unless Moz' business partner relationships get a lot tighter, allowing Moz Local to edit content on business partner sites across the board.

Moz Local review by Ava P.
Ava P.

"Small Businesses - This is for you!"

What do you like best?

Moz Local is great because it simplifies something that is not necessarily easy or easily accessible for small business owners looking to increase their local presence. The tools that Moz Local provides are user friendly and really make the process of submitting your business to local directories quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

The platform could be more transparent as far as exactly what directories your business is submitted to, but other than that it is a great platform!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read up on the product and how it works before utilizing. While it is an incredible tool, it's important to have a mild understanding of exactly what Moz Local provides and how transparent it is with it's directory submissions. If a business is looking for complete transparency of individual listings, I don't know if this product is at the right stage yet for their needs.

Getting the correct information out there and correcting any stale information about your business is crucial for local SEO and Moz makes it very easy to do so.

Moz Local review by Brian M.
Brian M.

"MOZ Local - Fast, thorough & convenient"

What do you like best?

Moz Local is a very cost effective way for businesses to perform their local SEO and keep their listings current and synchronized. We have recommended it to hundreds of clients and it's been very well received.

Compared to the alternatives or manually submitting to local directories, Moz Local provides an excellent service.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is that some clients have a little trouble understanding how to properly format their business information. With a little coaching, that's easily overcome.

While we do manage the process for some of our clients, many of them prefer to do their Moz Local work on their own. With a small amount of training, it's very easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very reasonably priced for the value provided. Much easier than trying to do all the functions manually. Moz Local monitors the profiles and alerts you to any changes, which is extremely helpful and allowed us to catch quite a few potential issues and fix them before they impacted the search results.

Local SEO, Local directory synchronization.

Moz Local review by Evan L.
Evan L.

"Quick, inexpensive and effective"

What do you like best?

It is a very quick and inexpensive way to ensure the correct information about your business is being fed to the major data aggregators.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about it per se. I think it's great for what it is and a great value. Using a manual submission service like Whitespark has advantages. Using Yext has other advantages. Both are significantly more expensive. So it depends what your needs and budget are. Moz Local is a great option for many businesses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good tool to use as part of a larger local SEO strategy. It is most effective for small businesses with a physical location.

Ensuring consistent NAP info on local directories and review sites. I use it as a backup to Yext. If you ever cancel Yext the listings could be reverted to a previous state. By using Moz Local in tandem I ensure the short term benefits of Yext while also making sure the major data aggregators have the correct data.

Moz Local review by Susan R.
Susan R.

"Bet Customer Service on the Planet"

What do you like best?

Their customer service folks answer questions fast, friendly, thoughtfully and dare I say, with a sense of humor. I am not just talking about one person but I have communicated with at least 5 different people over there and they are all customer service wizards. The contact support balloon is at the bottom right on almost every screen so they are easy to reach. This link also brings up all your previous inquiries so you don't have to search your email for the answers, they are all right there. And I love all the free tools they offer like the Open Site Explorer. You can out a lot about your site and your competitors. The Moz Bar for Firefox is great too. I constantly have detailed info on hand for every search I do. Not only do I use it for SEO, it helps me in my personal choices in choosing a search result.

What do you dislike?

I really can't think of anything I don't like

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run, don't walk, over to Moz right now and sign up

I moved my business to a new city and we all know how painful updating your web presence can be. I wanted help deciding on whether to combine the two listings and shuttering the old one, or keeping both. They helped me make decisions about how to go about it and now for a mere pittance they are doing it for me.

Moz Local review by Anthony G.
Anthony G.

"Does it Really Improve Ranking"

What do you like best?

I have a client whom I signed up with Moz Local last year. I'd never tried it myself but the buzz of the industry was that it was a reputable service and should help rankings... but like a lot of these things it's really hard to measure. So while I set it up everything seemed to be fine but as I was performing other SEO tactics it was hard to measure if it was Moz Local or many of the other methods I was using... or most likely a combination of both.

Well a couple months ago I notified the client that his Moz Local subscription was lapsing and asked if he wanted to renew. He never got back to me about that and I've noticed his website has dipped a full page sense the lapse... as it has remained in the exact same spot for over 7 months I can only conclude that this was due to Moz Local.

What do you dislike?

I didn't care for the rate hike... I mean it's an annual subscription after all.

Saving Time. I used to perform directory submissions manually... but it takes a lot of time.

Moz Local review by John B.
John B.

"Love Moz Local - Affordable, Accurate and Effective"

What do you like best?

Moz Local utilizes the most important directories for citation inclusion.

They are one of the most affordable options on the market.

If you are doing organic optimization, it's perfect, because you are likely using the Moz platform already and it is a natural extension of your work in your own company or for clients.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about it.

It doesn't include deep insights and tracking engagement without paying extra, but even that extra cost is more affordable than other solutions.

It would be nice if this was included in the base price, but I would probably be dreaming if it did.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a business that relies on local data to help and attract customers this is a must!

The cost is low enough that you can't afford not to try it.

I guarantee to you that it will help with your visibility online.

If you are doing this manually, the product will save you time, by allowing all changes & updates to take place in a single interface.

No logging into to 15+ different directory accounts.

This ensures consistency across the web for your businesses core information: name, address, phone, services, images, logo, etc.

This will feed services that utilize local data such as maps, apps and the search engines.

People will find your business more often and it makes it easier for them to get info from you, call you, etc.

More leads, more customers, more revenue.

Moz Local review by Kate N.
Kate N.

"Good experience, easy to use"

What do you like best?

The fact that they disseminate the information to all the major and many minor data centers that then send your business information all over the Internet. It is impossible to check each and every one of your listings. Moz Local makes it a much more streamlined process.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes for the information to trickle down. Also, if there is conflicting information more than 2 tiers or so down, the information you enter into Moz Local isn't always the information that is prioritized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Realize that results are NOT instantaneous. Also, you do need to put work into it to make sure your information is correct. You may also need to correct information, but Moz Local will show you how complete/accurate your listing is for several different networks.

SEO, consistent listings, and disseminating business information across Internet. For the most part, this has happened. However, there have been some glitches. Moz Local's support was only so-so.

Moz Local review by Carl M.
Carl M.

"MOZ Local is the quickest, simplest, cheapest, and most effective way of improving local SEO"

What do you like best?

MOZ Local allows you to access each of the data aggregators via a single application, meaning you bypass additional fees and ensure all information is synonymous across the internet. This process alone will significantly improve local search engine optimization by improving NAP consistency. MOZ Local is also the cheapest option available online and has a sleek user-friendly interface. I've already referred dozens of our clients to MOZ Local.

What do you dislike?

The process they have available to remedy duplicate listings could use some improvement. There was also an issue with MOZ Local syncing with Acxiom that took a couple times on customer support to fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for ways to improve your online visibility and reputation, especially those businesses operating locally, MOZ local is the single most important tool you can use.

We use MOZ Local to help push out our business information to hundreds of online directories, as well as clean up inconsistencies in the data. This helps our visibility and reputation online.

Moz Local review by Scott B.
Scott B.

"The best place to get your citations addressed with the major aggregators"

What do you like best?

Moz Local is by far the most effective way (both time and money) to get your citations cleaned up with the major aggregators - InfoGroup, Acxiom, Factual and Localeze. The time and effort to go after those 4 directly isn't worth it - just pay Moz and let them do the work. It's harder than it looks!

What do you dislike?

What they are doing is not easy, but citation reports are not always accurate, and some sights become unreachable for unknown reasons. I wouldn't simply "trust" their data/numbers, when you dig in, some of the things they are reporting are not correct.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely give it a try. The cost of entry is low relative to the value.

We offer a service that allows VSB's (very small businesses) to be more authoritative online. One of the first things in this area is to have clean citations. We believe that fixing you citations with the major aggregators and highest trafficked directory sites is job 1 - and Moz does that better than anybody and at a fair price. The other options focus on mostly irrelevant directory sites that don't matter much.

Moz Local review by Kristi G.
Kristi G.

"Effective and Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

I love the MOZ Local is both effective and easy to use! As an agency that manages a wide range of clients' search engine marketing, I needed a tool that would work for me. MOZ Local does just that. I simply input client data into the easy online form one time, and within 15 minutes or less my job is done. MOZ Local then takes the data and submits it to over 50 relevant data aggregators. We have directly seen the impact that these back links has had on our sites' through analytic refer data. I couldn't ask for an easier tool that has had a positive impact on our websites. Thanks MOZ!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was even less involvement on my part. I have found that when there are duplicate listings on some of the sites, that you need to manually verify and sometimes even call the third party site to get the problem resolved. Because I am an agency, the third party sometimes gives me a hard time for trying to manage the profile because it is not my company. If there was a way that we could give MOZ control or the authority to handle these cases it would be so convenient. It would also be nice if we could select an industry and get a list of all the sites that our data has been picked up on rather than just seeing the 5 data aggregators in your dashboard. Clients sometimes ask "What sites am I on?"

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your business does not have a physical address or you work out of your home and do not want the home address listed on Google, then do not sign up for MOZ Local. I did this by accident with a client who builds fences for people (MOZ will let you set it up and pay) but then it will prompt you that the business does not have a physical location in Google and because your data is already submitted to MOZ Local (charges have occurred) there is nothing you can do. You will be out your $84.

As I stated before we are already seeing the benefits of unified company information throughout the web and directly in our analytic's refer data. We are saving time and money by submitting to MOZ local and letting them do all the work for us.

Moz Local review by Gary S.
Gary S.

"Has Increased Our Local Visibility - Ten Fold"

What do you like best?

The easy to use dashboard and the organization were big things for my company when we decided to use Moz Local for our maintenance company. Also, doing all the mundane citation work and submissions were a plus and allowed us to free up time that our staff needed elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

It may be a little confusing to someone who isn't familiar with SEO and marketing dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation would be to spend some time getting to know the dashboard before jumping all in. This will give you some ease of use once you have purchased the software. Knowing the various features and components will also help you be successful when deploying it for your company, or if you work for an agency, then for all of your current and future clients.

We are solving the verification issue a lot of businesses have with their local citation listings. A lot of businesses have no idea if they have any listings, or if they are correct. Moz does a great job of keeping your listings consistent and updated.

Moz Local review by Frederick T S.
Frederick T S.

"Great for occasional Updates of your information"

What do you like best?

Moz Local helped identify the sites that had my listing information formatted incorrectly and action items to make them consistent

What do you dislike?

I had Moz Local for 2 years, and some of the features that suggest they're automated either weren't or never updated the info. These were fringe sites from my accounting, and while the service is nice for getting you moving, I didn't find much value continuing yearly support for something that wasn't updating these sites. I've had other companies update the info as well, with mixed results

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't updated your online information, it's a great tool to streamline your online presence. If you have already run thru it once or twice with others, it's good to double check your online presence for consistency. Yearly subscriptions for stable companies seem unnecessary unless you change phone numbers, web sites or location.

I don't know if I noticed any significant web tracffic increase, as I have been focused on Google reviews as of late. The biggest thing I focus on are increased reviews. We monitor those directly and address them accordingly.

Moz Local review by Thomas C.
Thomas C.

"Local Citations the Right Way"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it has been helping multiple businesses easily increase their local citations. It's very easy to see errors in existing citations and make corrections.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot to dislike about a service that automates a huge process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a small business and you want to increase your local SEO; Local Moz is the way to do it quickly and efficiently without requiring thousands of dollars spent to a local citation service. This is a great product that you can do yourself. And the price is top notch for what you get. For a local business the few dollars that it costs per year this is a must have.

Using Moz Local saves me dozens of hours of work creating or fixing local directory citations for small business clients that I work with. It's a simple process and their system works quickly and diligently. One client recently moved offices and instead of chaining our info across hundreds of websites, all I had to do was update the address in Moz Local and the update was carried out to those websites swiftly.

Moz Local review by Jeremy W.
Jeremy W.

"Simple to use and effective tool to help local businesses stay on top of listings."

What do you like best?

Moz is an easy to use interface and it seems to stay up to date. I had a client change a phone number and within a few minutes Moz notified me of the changed and I login and changed it across all the listings. It is easy to update and the reporting is valuable to show clients.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the tool have more listings than the ones they currently interact with now. Meaning there are a lot of other listings like showmelocal and other web properties they could write a script to and update to add value to the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get started ask questions and read the support articles. It is a community and the tools are amazing. If you need help ask.

As an online marketer it is important to keep lots of listings on multiple web sites up to date with the business basic information. This helps with leads and rankings. We also use this service and we bill our clients for keeping these listings up to date and accurate.

Moz Local review by Scott M.
Scott M.

"Save time and get a comprehensive overview"

What do you like best?

Moz Local doesn't do anything you couldn't do manually, but it saves you hours and stress and is worth the investment. With a few keystrokes you get a comprehensive overview of how your clients appear on local listings like Google Local, Bing, Yellow Pages and more. For companies who need to show up in their community, a consistent listing on all sites is a big factor in local SEO. If this is you, you should use Moz Local. If you have multiple URL's, you should use Moz Local. If you don't, feel free to ignore.

What do you dislike?

Moz Local doesn't provide anything you can't do on your own, so it feels painful paying for it, but your time is probably worth more than Moz's low price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Search Moz Local (for free) to see how you show up on local listing and then decide if you need the tool.

Local SEO is different than general SEO. A consistent local listing is a factor in showing up in your community. Moz Local helps you check if there are discrepancies and update them quickly.

Moz Local review by James Philip L.
James Philip L.

"Huge Time Saver, Delivers on its Promise"

What do you like best?

One-stop shop to submit a local organization to all search engines. Saved me hours of time.

What do you dislike?

Has been a bit buggy historically. Some search engines have info fields that others do not, and Moz Local wouldn't always fill in the unique fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not perfect, but it will save you hours of your time.

Helping ensure that regardless of the search engine being used, a user will easily be able to find the phone number, address, and other basic info about the business I was promoting.

Moz Local review by Alex R.
Alex R.

"Excellent Tool for Getting Local Search Listings in Order"

What do you like best?

Easy to use dashboard with simple setup. Easy to maintain and make changes to listings. Huge cost savings over individually maintaining listings.

What do you dislike?

Limited number of databases it contributes to. Need to have verified Facebook and Google listings already. Duplicates can be difficult to resolve sometimes. Product occasionally misidentifies companies, and sometimes takes a long time to update databases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to have verified Google and Facebook listings, otherwise the tool is nearly useless. This can sometimes be a major hiccup and cause a lot of delays when working with an external client.

As a marketing company, we need to be able to get our small and medium sized business clients listed in the major online directories. This product saves us tons of time and money, gets our clients where they need to be found, and lets us easily manage their listings while generating additional revenue.

Moz Local review by Renee D.
Renee D.

"Moz Local Review"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the ability to add and update information for our clients in a one-stop-shop kind of way.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the setup of putting in the essential information first, then buying the package, and then having to go back in and edit the profile to add all the actual business information. I wish I could just do it all at one time before buying.

We are solving efficiency in pushing out consistent information for our clients across the board with minimal work.

Moz Local review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Local Listings Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Easily keep track of multiple client locations and how they are ranking locally on Google. The dashboard is intuitive and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit confusing. May take some time to get multiple locations set up to be tracked. Can also be a bit difficult with more clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have multiple locations that you are trying to optimize and track for local search traffic then this platform is for you. It is much easier than manually tracking with Google search.

We previously manually tracked individual local results. With MOZ local you can view all locations in one easy-to-use dashboard and follow/track their rankings in local search.

Moz Local review by Eric L. J.
Eric L. J.

"Less expensive than than most."

What do you like best?

Moz Local is your basic service to make sure your business listings are up to date. At the time of this review, their pricing was at $84 for the year which we found a great price compared to other companies providing the same service.

What do you dislike?

The one key thing that I did not like about the service is they are a little limited in the number of listing services that they 'reach out to.' We still have a couple of listings and repeat listings that are near impossible to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that Moz Local is not the end all to creating or changing all listings on the Internet. We have found that some of our duplicates from old listings were not touched. It did perform the tasks that they advertised and we have no complaints. Their support is there if you need it and they have additional features if you choose to use them.

We had a name and address change and did not want to pay the high amount that some of these other listing companies want or be stuck in a contract. Moz Local was a one time cost for a year of listing management for most of the popular services. It costs less than performing these tasks in-house.

Moz Local review by User in Higher Education

"Very Limited For Citation Management"

What do you like best?

One of the advantages of Moz Local is that you can view your business listing across numerous citations including four data aggregators - Localeze, FourSquare, Factual, and Infogroup. You can see how complete your information is across several search engines, so you can clean them up accordingly as needed. MozLocal provides a quality score that either improves or depreciates with updated or missing components

What do you dislike?

inaccuracies - At times, MozLocal updates are slow or completely inaccurate. For example, in some instances, even citations that already include multiple images are listed as missing images, which decreases the quality score. Aside from seeing how complete our information is across several search engines, MozLocal is very limited its citation management capabilities because it does not provide automated content updates across multiple search engines similar to Yext. Citation management with MozLocal is a manual effort. You could rely on the Moz Enterprise for additional citation management, but with this paid subscription, Moz only sends business information to four data aggregators.

Citation management and optimization. This is primarily what we use MozLocal for. Aside from providing us with the ability to see how complete our information is across several search engines, it has failed to meet our need in automated citation management.

Moz Local review by Sergey S.
Sergey S.

"Moz Local has helped me manage my business, as well as my client's business listings easily."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it's extremely easy to use. It takes about 10-15 minutes to get everything setup and then you are ready to go!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I wish that there was a better way to see what other listings you are missing out on in a local area. For example, "we noticed you are a plumber in Seattle — you might want to consider these other listings as they are popular in your area!"

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a local business owner, or if you are a consultant (SEO, etc.) I would highly recommend Moz local for managing your local listings.

I'm helping users find my client's businesses. The benefits of this aren't easily measured, but it has been getting easier to show my clients that users are indeed calling them from local listings as well as visiting their websites.

Moz Local review by Rickey P.
Rickey P.

"Essential Tool for a growing Business"

What do you like best?

Very easy to find duplicate and incorrect business listings and correct them.

What do you dislike?

It is a little disappointing that the "Insights" feature isn't included in the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Including the insights feature would keep us renewing our subscriptions in order to get a 3rd party perspective on our traffic. Especially if I could get Insights for all 60+ locations for a low/fair price as opposed to subscribing for Insights by each location.

I mainly use this to correct errors in older locations we have and setup new locations with ease, but once I have everything corrected or setup I won't need the subscription.

The ability to list our business with all of the major data aggregators in one swoop helps a small company like mine be far more efficient (and accurate) as we expand to more locations across the country.

Moz Local review by Daniel B.
Daniel B.

"Moz Local Review"

What do you like best?

I like the simple interface that allows me to easily add and update business information. I also like the simple graphic data presented for how each listing is doing and how much more info is needed for a particular directory to get 100% complete.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the analytics feature is an additional paid add on. I think at least some basic info about business visibility should be available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to download the spreadsheet they provide and get all of your info in that first. Then upload it so everything is done. You can then go in and edit any info later on.

This service allows me to get all of my clients business info into the main aggregators that feed smaller directories. Being able to do it all in one place makes it so much easier.

Moz Local review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Thumbs Up for Moz Local"

What do you like best?

Moz Local is worth every penny. If you're looking to help clients ensure their addresses/business names are consistent across the board (which is crucial for SEO, of course), this is the best local service for you!

What do you dislike?

Honestly I don't have much to say here, it's a great product that has been immensely useful so two thumbs up from me.

Many businesses don't realize how many inconsistencies there are in their listings on the internet. They often have an office manager or less experienced person creating these listings for them online with inconsistencies in their business name. Or they move locations and have a bunch of listings online with their old address. The benefit of Moz local is in tracking down all of the business' different listings on the web so that you can update each one to have consistent, accurate information. This is crucial for SEO purposes!

Moz Local review by Adam S.
Adam S.

"Moz Local is an expensive next step up from doing it all yourself in a building your web presence."

What do you like best?

For a small fee once a year you can easily keep up to date on how visible your website is across all the major search platforms and correct things when necessary.

What do you dislike?

Moz is unable to send your website information to every search directly. It does go to the few major important ones but outside of that is only a fraction of what other sites like Yext will do (at a much greater cost however).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because of it's low price for the specific package I use it is definitely worth the cost for what you get compared to other similar services.

I'm utilizing Moz to make my business website as visible online as possible. I've been able to maintain one of the top few positions on the first search page when searching for my profession specifically in my area.

Moz Local review by Mustafa S.
Mustafa S.

"Moz Local Keeps Track of your listings! So you don't have to do it manually!"

What do you like best?

I like how it is easy to submit a site/ listing to all of the major directories. This used to be a headache for us before. It was time taking as well as expensive. Now I can go through all of them in one swoop and the cost is nothing more than drop in a the bucket for the value provided.

What do you dislike?

I find that results are often inconsistent when it comes to submitting sites. Some sites will get through right away and it will show that they are approved, but other sites will be stuck for a long period of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a good value for money you spend! Gets job done well!

Clients never know how they are represented on various local listings, so Moz Local was a simple way for us to provide local listing support!

Moz Local review by Garrett K.
Garrett K.

"Big Moz Local Supporter Since Day 1"

What do you like best?

Before finding Moz Local my only experience with data aggregators and automated local listing management was with Yext, which was terrible. Moz Local is more affordable, easier to manage and won't delete all of our listings if we end up having to cancel a location.

What do you dislike?

I was bummed when the price jumped up from $50/year to $84/year, but aside from that I'm really pleased with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. It is by far the best local listing creation/management solution that we have found - and we have tested and researched a ton.

We used to build local listings and earn citations manually be creating/claiming listings on any and every reputable site we could find. We still have to do that to some extent with Moz Local, but the majority of the busy work has been removed. Huge time saver.

Moz Local review by Caitlin B.
Caitlin B.

"Help Your SEO Team Flourish"

What do you like best?

It's is VERY easy to use and VERY helpful when creating, planning, and implementing organic and SEO related projects as locations and local listing are super important these days.

What do you dislike?

checking that local listings exist for clients, making recommendations if not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really helps you understand current local information about a client and the areas that have room for improvement.

local listing recommendations - networks that clients could improve in when it comes to listing their business.

Moz Local review by Thomas S.
Thomas S.

"A strong service that is easy to use, though, sometimes is inconsistent"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to submit a site to all of the major directories and aggregators. This process used to take a ton of time and it was expensive. Now I can go through all of them in one swoop and the cost is nothing more than drop in a the bucket for the value provided.

What do you dislike?

I find that results are often inconsistent when it comes to submitting sites. Some sites will get into the aggregators right away and it will show that they are approved, but other sites will be stuck for a long period of time when it seems that all of the information that has been submitted is similar between the two sites. The other complaint that I have is that the reporting for the results really isn't there. I would love to see a report that lists everywhere that my site is showing up and a link to those results, which just isn't there right now. I also feel like some of the services are kind of negligible since Moz just directs you to the website where you yourself need to make an account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend using Moz local as a base point, but it is essential that you use other services, such as Whitespark, in order to maximize your sites online placement. Moz is good for the basics, but doesn't go beyond that.

The greatest benefit of this service is the time that is saved. Instead of spending hours and hundreds of dollars to submit sites to all of these different directories, I can pay a small fee and get it done in a matter of minutes, which is a huge benefit.

Moz Local review by Demi B.
Demi B.

"Moz Review"

What do you like best?

It shows what you can be doing better in order to optimize your listings. It shows what I am missing on my social accounts and what I need to do.

What do you dislike?

It has limited functions on how to too improve SEO. It tells me what I am missing and my current situation but not exactly how to solve it. Where do I go from here, as a non SEO guru I need more help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

It tells me when/if I have unnecessary listings and what my overall social score is. It needs to go more in depth on how to solve my listings' problems.

Moz Local review by Abigail D.
Abigail D.

"Moz Local for a Variety of Clients"

What do you like best?

It streamlines the process of getting local listings set up immensely. Moz local allows me to see exactly which listings were covered and can communicate to my clients the timeline of when they will be completed.

Instead of researching which listings are going to have the most help with ranking for my clients, I simply put in the client's information once and it is sent out to every channel that Moz local supports.

What do you dislike?

There are extra steps for some listings, which means you have to look through which listings are going to require additional verification steps.

We save a great deal of time by using Moz Local. We are able to quickly get listings up, through inputting data once - rather than over and over.

By saving time, we save money.

Moz Local review by Jane B.
Jane B.

"Great for ensuring directory accuracy"

What do you like best?

I use MOZ local for almost all my client to ensure all their directory listings are accurate. My favorite thing about MOZ is NOT having to do that manually! It's also very reasonably priced. Though not as robust as some others, it gets the job of directory accuracy done!

What do you dislike?

Too many add ons. would prefer to know upfront what total cost will be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for small local businesses to keep tabs on the accuracy of their directory listings. Highly recommend.

Corrects existing directory listings in all the major online directories AND creates listing where none exist. Several clients have multiple locations and MOZ local is also great for making sure all the directories are showing all locations.

Moz Local review by Justine H.
Justine H.

"Keeps Track So You Don't Have To"

What do you like best?

Moz Local was one of the best products to come out in 2015 for our clients. We are able to make sure their brand, contact information & overall message are consistent on a variety of directories all in one dashboard. I am a fan of the entire Moz product family, but Moz local was a huge game changer! You can easily see your listings and make sure the data is consistent. If your client re-brands, you can push that out from one dashboard instead of logging into hundreds. This is a great product, at a really great price and worth the effort!

What do you dislike?

I wish it was quicker in pushing out changes made to the businesses location information. Many times I notice it can take weeks for simple changes like an address update or hours change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for 1 dashboard to help manage the important local listings for your business or clients, then this is the platform for you!

Moz Local review by Patrick S.
Patrick S.

"My go to solution for local businesses"

What do you like best?

Moz local makes it so easy to quickly get my local clients a strong foundation of good citations. Not to mention that they get you on the big aggregators with out having to pay a ton of money and jump through a lot of hoops.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to get the citations up and running. But at the same time I understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do local SEO for clients or you are a local business, then Moz local is a definite. For what you get and the cost, it's an absolute no brainer.

Correct and consistent citations are crucial to local businesses being able to show up in the Google map pack. Moz local makes that really easy to get that foundation of citations going.

Moz Local review by Todd G.
Todd G.

"Moz Local"

What do you like best?

The amount of time it saves from needing to search and correct all the individual profiles and directory listings that are out there for a client.

What do you dislike?

The fact that when you stop paying the annual subscription, they revert all the information back to what it was prior to using the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on your resources and options, you may feel uncomfortable "renting" the updated information from Moz because if you decide not to pay next year (or any future year), you will have all of your accounts reverted back to the old information.

Getting your NAP consistent and accurate across all of your online profiles definitely helps boost your local SEO and makes it easier for local customers to find you when they are searching online.

Moz Local review by Kevin N.
Kevin N.

"Great for brands with several locations"

What do you like best?

It's great to have everything all in one place. Easy to manage, easy to troubleshoot if there's issues.

What do you dislike?

Having to make certain major changes on Google My Business prior before making the adjustments on Moz Local would probably be my biggest complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to manage all your listings in one. I used to do it manually for 40+ locations and it's definitely not worth the time and hours that come behind it. You'll be sitting in negative ROI forever.

Trying to ensure that all the brand's listings can be updated and changed on the fly and for any new store openings to be able to have it be distributed accordingly with the other partners and local search engines as quick as possible.

Moz Local review by Hubert S.
Hubert S.

"Best Bang for Your Buck Local SEO Tool"

What do you like best?

I truly enjoy the fact that I can do bulk uploads as well as get regular updates on how my optimizations are doing. Moz Local has taken a task that is quite task-intensive and simplified it tremendously. For that, I am so grateful.

What do you dislike?

I would like the system to run a little faster. I also am not a big fan of the fact that a new browser window is created when I click on a property.

Many of my clients need to synthesize their business' professional information online. As with many, they are subjected to data suppliers who get the information from who-knows-where. Moz Local does a great job of tackling 80% of this problem and providing great guidance for the remaining areas.

Moz Local review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"Makes Local Listing Manageable Again"

What do you like best?

If you have a new business to list this tool is fantastic. It saves so much time not having to list on all these sites Manually.

What do you dislike?

The tool is still rather basic. I really wish it could be integrated with more local listing sites and integrated better (there too many manual steps that need to be taken to correct existing listings).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend highly if you are looking to start a new listing, not as much if you have an existing listing as it can be a little cumbersome.

It streamlines the process of listing new businesses and getting a handle on what needs to be changed. I managed to isolate lots of duplicate listing and tackle getting the wrong ones removed.

Moz Local review by Jenni S.
Jenni S.

"The easiest tool you can use to help identify and clean up your digital footprint"

What do you like best?

Moz is so simple a child could use it. By inputting very little information its possible to determine how much irrelevant and incorrect information is circling the web that is hurting your search ranking, and you can aggregate and update in in a quick step-by-step process.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when trying to update listings it can be a huge pain to get verifications and authorization to update. This is not a fault of Moz, but it can be a nail-biter to actually go through and clean everything up if you don't check it regularly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are still googling yourself to see how you rank, Moz can help you by combing through all of the search engines and providing real information that is out there about your business. It makes updating information easy.

I work with local businesses to clean-up their online presence to help drive traffic to their site. Moz makes my job easy!

Moz Local review by Randy D.
Randy D.

"Great Tool for Local SEO Citations"

What do you like best?

Moz local shows you a summary of what you have and you are missing in citations. It even provides a link to actually update the listing manually.

What do you dislike?

It's not real time so your updates may not show for months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free tools will give you a good assessment of citations but not quite as good as YEXT. Direct links to the citations is a great way to manually update you citations.

If you want to use their 5 Major Data Aggregators it's reasonably priced but these citations go away when you quit paying. That's OK if you consider this advertising. If you have deep pockets go with YEXT for aggregators.

We prefer doing our own manual listings but BrightLocal does the job for a reasonable fee.

Finding & fixing issues with local citations - NAP (Name Address Phone)

Moz Local review by John R.
John R.

"Good quality product - slightly unclear metrics"

What do you like best?

Moz Local pushes citations to some of the highest quality directories, and does so much more efficiently than I would be able to. It's easy to set up, and I love how automated it is from a user standpoint.

What do you dislike?

The completion percentage is a difficult metric to interpret. I'm not always positive what that score is relaying to me. I think there's room to increase the number of directories as well, especially compared to other sites like Yext.

Local SEO is an important offering for our clients since it has some different uses and applications than traditional SEO. Local SEO, when done manually, can be very time-consuming and tedious, which Moz Local is great at helping to expedite.

Moz Local review by Kyle H.
Kyle H.

"A useful tool for direct management of local SEO, a little more difficult for agency use"

What do you like best?

Very straightforward compared to competing products. The interface requires very little training and the service delivers as promised over the course of a year.

What do you dislike?

Currently, PDF reports must be received via email at predetermined intervals; there is no way to generate and download on demand. While the reports themselves are easy enough to white-label, the emails are not, so this complicates workflow a fair bit. Additionally, there used to be a feature that would tell you how long it would be before updates would likely be implemented - this has disappeared recently.

We have many clients that have poor visibility into location data and local SEO - this service provides an affordable place to start that conversation.

Moz Local review by Crisy S.
Crisy S.

"Easy to enroll and worth every penny!"

What do you like best?

Easy to sign up and very accessible from my computer or my iPhone. I can sign in quick and I get emails on a regular basis to inform me of how my business and my vendors are thriving in my local Charlotte, North Carolina market.

What do you dislike?

It's really hard to say anything bad about Moz Local because so far I haven't had any complaints. I do wonder if the increase in telemRkerters calling me has to do with joining Moz. That's something I'd like changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you ask for technical support whole going through the enrolling process.

More traffic to my website and I am getting more phone calls about my business and the services I provide.

Moz Local review by Laurence C.
Laurence C.

"Essential marketeers of any level"

What do you like best?

It allows me to get a non-biased view on the Drum website and its performance in terms of how Google views it.

What do you dislike?

The free version is restrictive, but you can't complain about anything that is free. The paid model is most probably too expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the most of it. Change your location when using the keyword explorer. Too many times I have forgotten to do so.

Clarity on the performance of our website.

Moz Local review by Yev M.
Yev M.

"Automating our efforts"

What do you like best?

We were looking to save our time by outsourcing efforts that help us get our agency listed in directories. That's exactly what we received. Most of the listings are active and we are able to update/upgrade any if we want to in the future.

What do you dislike?

Would be good if all of the business information can be imported from a directory that I already had info in. Then I can update additional info that was missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The listings were live, ranging from within days to weeks (depending on inventory). Make sure to include as much info as you can about your business.

Saving time and spreading the info about our business. Both were accomplished at a basic level.

Moz Local review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"MOZ LOCAL - MAYBE A LITTLE TOO EXPENSIVE"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, all in one place makes it easy for you to manage or is it !!

What do you dislike?

Some of the review sites you have to manually do yourself, which should have been explained a little bit better before signing up and they shove their analytics down your throat every time you sign in. For what you get i class it as a little too expensive when really you could do all of it yourself. They should have better links with certain citation sites.

It does make it a little easier to manage but like i said before it could have been a little cheaper, i actually think a more reasonable cost would have been £49.

Moz Local review by Laura S.
Laura S.

"Invaluable Access to Local Listings"

What do you like best?

The ability to view all your local search listings in one place is invaluable. Our team saves hours of time each week by being able to track and make edits to local search listings from Moz Local's easy-to-use platform.

What do you dislike?

If there was just one thing I could change about Moz Local, it would be easier access to make changes to certain citations. Certain platforms require you to make multiple phone calls to submit changes - and it would be nice to change all of them at the same time.

We are tracking search citations for a number of clients. Our team loves how easy Moz makes managing local listings for clients that have numerous branch locations.

Moz Local review by Cody O.
Cody O.

"Moz Local is Essential for SEO"

What do you like best?

Moz Local allows you to see exactly where your business, or your clients' business, stands online in directories that are important to SEO and organic visibility. It's an essential part of my agency's online marketing strategy and is one of the first steps we take towards optimizing the organic visibility and web presence for a client.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing about Moz Local that I don't like. It's easy to use and delivers important metrics quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I fully recommend checking out Moz Local if you have a business and wan to be visible online, period.

I am able to see what issues are outstanding for my clients so I can fix them quickly and improve rankings locally.

Moz Local review by Brooke M.
Brooke M.

"Your Online Presence in One Spot"

What do you like best?

It is difficult to know all the sites on the web that list your company, address, phone, etc. We moved a year ago, and when we signed up for MOZ Local, we were really surprised by how many sites still had our old address. It was easy to see and fix the issues from the MOZ Local site.

What do you dislike?

I wish MOZ could fix all the errors themselves. Some of the wrong information was able to be fixed by MOZ directly, but some of them I had to manually fix. It makes sense, but it sure would be great to click the FIX button and have all the sites updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for the MOZ Local package to clarify your information on all web platforms. They make it easy and there are many sites with business information listed that you don't even think about.

Our office moved one year ago. If someone was looking at yp.com, instead of Google - they would have gone to our old office. Since we don't know what sites people use to look up addresses and telephone numbers, MOZ made it easy to see if our online presence was consistent. We made many corrections and now our information is not only correct, but also consistent across all the platforms.

Moz Local review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Beneficial Service But Has Some Major Caveats"

What do you like best?

Cost - this service is one of the more affordable options for aggregation. The benefit of reaching a number of popular directories is great. The dashboard is fairly easy to navigate as well. The support staff at Moz was very friendly and helpful.

What do you dislike?

If your Facebook and Google+ pages are not claimed, verified, and accurate before you start, Moz Local is unable to fix the issues. You will have to claim the existing listings first. If you are unable to claim them, you will be forced to create another listing and be charged additionally. Moz Local does not have the authority to force location changes to directories like Yext.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Moz Local is a great starting place to generate local listings if you follow the steps very carefully. If you want real results, Yext is the way to go.

By using the Moz Local scan tool to scan the listings, I found a number of inaccurate listings that I was able to fix. After fixing the listings over at Yext, this has boosted my Local Search Results in Google tremendously. My site went from ranking number 13 to number 3 in just a few weeks.

Moz Local review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for local businesses "

What do you like best?

Moz Local is easy to use and user-friendly, so just about anyone can get started with it. It's also really affordable and a great way to increase the accuracy of your business's NAP (Name, Address, Phone number) online.

What do you dislike?

This may not be Moz Local's fault, but some directories take a while to publish, and for me, some directory publishing dates kept getting pushed further back. So when the original publish date was approaching it would refresh and show a day further away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. More directory submissions can't hurt. Plus you will see benefits from Moz Local.

Moz Local is helping solve NAP issues. I recently moved locations, and as a result, my NAP (name address and phone number) were inaccurate in several locations. Moz Local helped fix some existing submissions as well as create new ones, which is always great for local SEO! Now my Moz Score has gone up, and my website ranking is steadily rising too.

Moz Local review by Joshua J.
Joshua J.

"Moz is the authority on SEO, so it makes sense to use this service for your business"

What do you like best?

I felt that because MOZ is the authority for all things SEO that I would be in good hands with their tools. I also liked that the overall setup and interfaces wasn't spammy. So many of the tools in this space are very spammy. I also liked that the product worked and that they sent you a report.

What do you dislike?

It wasn't simple at all. You had to do it manually via csv file and really could figure out how to change things that were wrong on different portals. Navigating the report they sent you and making changes was a hassle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have a ton of time and want to make sure you have broad coverage on multiple "local networks" then you really can't go wrong.

I did notice an overall increase in our search engine rankings as well as inbound calls. We ended up on several networks that I didn't even know existed. I receive small amounts of traffic from these sites now as a result.

Moz Local review by Vadim M.
Vadim M.

"Great to tackle aggregators, if time is on your side!"

What do you like best?

Gets top aggregators and then manually you can fill in other directories!

What do you dislike?

Time, and you have to understand it's not so much Moz Local's fault here, it's just aggregators take their time, and it could be a bit unpredictable at times per listing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are clients that are a perfect fit for Moz Local, or if you are a business owner that doesn't have the time to create and manage manual listings but does not mind waiting for them to be created in a reasonable time. There are competitors that are significantly more expensive but have direct partnerships which makes sense for those that need to see the listings live immediately. However the value and ease in Moz Local cannot be understated!

You are ranking in Local Search and aggregators are a must, they cannot be ignored. This is the benefit is the value you get for the amount of directories and listings set up for the price you are paying.

Moz Local review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"I don't leave home without Moz Local"

What do you like best?

I love being able to update the business information in a single spot and then have that info pushed out to so many different sites.

What do you dislike?

If I could change one thing it would be the speed of the submissions. Sometimes it can take several weeks for a listing to be updated on all of the different sites and I wish this was a little quicker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time filling out all of the sections. Being thorough with local listings is key to performance and you want to make sure that all of the listing information is correct. The other thing I would recommend is if you are working on a tight deadline for completing the submission of listings through Moz Local, you'll want to make sure your client has a verified Google+ listing or Facebook listing. Without one of these Moz usually can't find and validate the info and so you'll have to wait until it can pick up one of those before you can start filling out Moz.

Mainly the problem of how much time it takes to submit directory listings to help local performance. Moz Local saves me several hours.

Moz Local review by Consultant in Construction
Consultant in Construction

"Moz Local Has Been A Good Service That Provides A Strong Value."

What do you like best?

Very simple to use and understand the functionally of the software. The fact that it cut my time of data entering by weeks was a big relief. I can't find any other software out there that will do what Moz Local does at this price point.

What do you dislike?

It takes a little longer to go into affect than expected, but SEO in general takes time so I don't expect it to take place over night.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd pay the money for this value. Moz Local does a great job at providing small businesses with an easy option to fulfill a large need. I love that Moz Local has cut my time from a full week to something that only takes me 45 minutes and then they take control of entering the information.

The one thing I didn't care for was that my Bing Local didn't seem to make the address change when we moved locations. I had to manually enter in our new address and I'm not sure why this was the case.

Moz local takes typing in your address, phone, website 80 times to only once and they do the work for you.

Moz Local review by Leland B.
Leland B.

"User-friendly, easy to manage system for auditing and managing local SEO profile"

What do you like best?

In a short period of time, the Moz Local system allows you to quickly assess how well a local business' listings are showing up on various sites (if they are showing up at all). In some cases, it can help fix them directly, but other times provides a helpful road map of what you need to do and any issues there might be. It's a great, useful took that I refer many of my clients to.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be challenging to get a sense of where the bottlenecks are (some of the sites are great at incorporating the changes you request, others not so much).

Recommendations to others considering the product

There aren't too many competing products out there that offer this price point and none of the potential downside (e.g. Yext). It's a worthwhile investment for a small, local business.

This tool helps me see what the issues are with my clients in a way that they sometimes don't know themselves.

Moz Local review by Cody M.
Cody M.

"Functional but difficult to see value in paying for extra features"

What do you like best?

As an agency, Moz Local has allowed us automate some local SEO processes, which has made us more profitable. Naturally, it is more efficient than our manual processes and also provides better tracking of those changes over time. Certain features, such as the duplicate removal and listing score, make the product a no-brainer for us.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to understand the value in paying for additional search insights. It's a considerable amount of money for what seems to be a small switch. The small trial we were provided was underwhelming. Also, I'd like to see Moz Local better integrated with my Moz Pro account. Why can't my website's NAP become factored into the overall listing score?

Also, unrelated to the actual program, I was disappointed with how long it took before the listings were changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prior to using Moz Local, understand that it will not solve most of your Local SEO issues. Be aware that it handles one thing, very well, and charges for additional reporting services that are pretty essential.

I've mentioned this before but the increased automation has saved our agency time and increased our profits and efficiency. The detailed reports help show our clients the value of the service.

Moz Local review by Mazyar M. H.
Mazyar M. H.

"Moz Local"

What do you like best?

Moz Local is a bit of a secret weapon for small businesses that want to stake their claim online. The service goes deep to allow users to correct and control their information - not just on the usual sites (Yahoo!, Bing, Google) but the deep sites that control local business listings. That is a strong advantage.

What do you dislike?

Moz Local is great for its simplicity but it's always better to have more choices - richer controls, perhaps a more informative dashboard experience. There have been times when the interface is so simple I'm not sure much is happening (until I notice a few months later than scores have gone up and my local visibility is stringer). Still, it would be nice to have a comparison side-by-side to prove just how effective the service is.

SEO and local marketing. Benefits include ramping up sustained local presence in directories and other sources on which the big boys (Google, Bing!, Yahoo!) will draw when publishing one's listing.

Moz Local review by Ann S.
Ann S.

"Helped us clean up our act!"

What do you like best?

It is an inexpensive way to make sure that your information is consistent across all local business listings. The dashboard is easy to follow and spells out the problem areas with inconsistencies, incomplete listings, and duplicates.

What do you dislike?

My frustration is not with Moz, but with the local business listing websites who have duplicate listings that I didn't create and weird access to my listing on their sites.

Moz helps our business to have a strong consistent presence on the Internet and show up in the first few listings of the organic search on Google. We moved a year ago and also merged with another business down the street. When we subscribed to Moz Local, we were not even showing up on Google because of the number of inconsistencies. Our score was around 50% and our accuracy was around 10%. Since subscribing to Moz Local, both our score and accuracy have been consistency in the 90% range.

Moz Local review by Agency in Information Technology and Services
Agency in Information Technology and Services

"Not a fan"

What do you like best?

Not a whole lot unfortunately and I wish the support responses were a lot more appropriately thought out and that escalation of obvious defficiencies were carried out. The product has been getting better but I've been continuously embarassed by getting a long time client into the moz local system.

Try asking support for an explanation of (1) listing reach and (2) why listing reach might have gone up or down. Both are useless questions and that metric shouldnt even have been shown so prominently if support can't answer what it is based on or how it is calculated.

What do you dislike?

1) support has literally not had a sensible answer to the meaning of some of the metrics that are given in the dashboard - this has been shocking all along

2) for a long long time, and I think less so now, the conceptual diff between the directtories or aggregators moz local pushes its data to ,and the directories/aggregators being reported in the charts, have been a real problem.

3) the variability minute by minute of local listing percentage completion being reported, due to API issues between moz & aggregators/directories, is absolutely a problem that deserves a better thought process within moz.

4) an eval with the brightlocal tool shows that moz may have actually pushed out a redundant and/or inappropriate listing for my client that I wasn't aware of until getting the bright local report a year later

5) the process of creating the original spreadsheeet was grueling and full of ambiguities in fields such as category that took way too much time and suppport requests to resolve. Yet, Moz Local was publiizing a short effort being required to get started. Totally not short, and mistakes in this part of the process could be way too problematic in the future.

6) The whole idea of the listings being under a bulk account and not individual accouns that can be corrected and managed outside of Moz is almost as bad as Yext. The only advantage is that Moz Local is insanely underpriced.

7) I have considered Synup (from Bangalore) because it claims to make listings under individual accounts per customer. However, I can't imagine them being able to scale the skillsets required to do this stuff right.

8) Whitespark citation building services, somewhat related in concept to Moz Local, is able to affordably do indidual logins per citation source, so I again feel that Moz should be able to do this.

9) Overall I do appreciate the reporting n Moz Local and especially the great pricing, but after seeing reports from Brightlocal more than a year down the road from getting Moz Local in play, and from experiencing what I consider very poor and inadequate support replies given the huge importance of local seo, I feel that I should have done it all manually, which is a bear, but would have not gotten me into some embarassment as a recommender of moz.

Recommendations to others considering the product

consider other options before you give away ownership of your *crucial* local listings

Tried to solve the pain of doing this stuff manually. The pain was still there at the beginning due to the very painful spreadsheet content that had to be strategically chosen based on way too much ambiguity. I do feel that Moz saved a lot of Manual effort overall but after several years I still dont trust the results as much as I wanted to at the start. The product / service is desparately needed but it should not have been launched until it was ready for prime time, and I'm not certain it is ready even today.

Moz Local review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="5fd9fde4-5619-4b7b-a093-dbf2f9b3f3f0">Patrick C.</span>
Patrick C.
" itemprop="name" />

"MOZ makes it easy"

What do you like best?

the ease and friendliness of their service. I can customize it to my liking. Submit to multiple directories at once. The submissions are automated for ease. Accuracy is shown and what changes may need to be made to the listing on a particular directory. I am very satisfied with the service and will continue to use MOZ for as long as I am in business.

I would recommend MOZ to anyone who owns or is thinking about starting a business.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything off hand. All the services are super easy and user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MOZ is a Great service,and a must have in today's markets. I will continue to use MOZ for life.

MOZ can automatically submit for me and show me any errors,incompletes,or wrong information.Validation was simple. Duplicates are shown and published listings as well. I can purchase insights if I want. They are free for a while at first.

The authority that MOZ has has pushed my listing up in rank by millions.

Moz Local review by Chris (Swanie) S.
Chris (Swanie) S.

"MOZ Local Review"

What do you like best?

Trust and Price: I've had MOZ Local since it first started. The price is very fair and helps automate the most important citations for clients. I always start with MOZ Local when I sign up a new local SEO client. I also feel that I can trust MOZ Local to do the right thing. There are some shady SEO companies out there. MOZ is not one of them.

What do you dislike?

Time to Work: Sometimes, it can take 3 months or more for citation fixes to get updated and propagate. In some cases, if a citation has already been created (Localeze, for example), it's not possible to merge accounts. I have to continue to manage an already created/claimed citation manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A BIG frustration I have right now with Google My Business is the management of practices and sole practitioners. Google recommends merging the practice name and practitioner name into one listing. Eg. Johnson Dental - James E. Johnson, DDS.

If we don't do this, GMB creates a duplicate listing, whether we want it or not. MOZ Local will also identify this as a duplicate listing. What are we to do?

With MOZ Local, we can rather quickly, efficiently, and accurately improve a vast number of online business directories. This helps us make sure information is complete, accurate, consistent, and not duplicated.

Moz Local review by Jacob W.
Jacob W.

"MOZ Local is ok, but not amazing..."

What do you like best?

Initial setup was really straightforward and easy to understand. Descriptions of tasks were easy to understand .

What do you dislike?

Data updates are delayed quite a bit. It was very frustrating to not be able to see changes within a few days. When their was a problem with the listing I spent 3+ weeks trying to work with support to find a real fix.

Their seems to be a substantial limitation with what support is able to do. I was unsure if it was an issue with to much demand and not enough support staff or if it was because support is truly limited in what they can do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their needs to be more specific direction in updating listings when their is an issue. For example I had multiple issues with duplicated entries with bad data and the turnaround time on a resolution was virtually non-existing

We were trying to solve the issue of making sure our business information was corrected on multiple information resources online. We did get most data corrected but it took a substantial amount of time (up to 3 months) for the items to get updated.

Moz Local review by Matt G.