Moz Pro

Boost your online visibility and keep ahead of competitors with Moz Pro. Start your free trial of the all-in-one set of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) research and analytics tools.

Work for Moz Pro?

Showing 230 Moz Pro reviews
Moz Pro review by <span>Madeline L.</span>
Madeline L.

The best all-round SEO Software

What do you like best?

Moz's Keyword analysis tool and link analysis are both excellent and thorough. The site crawl function has also been instrumental in helping us identify and clean up website problems.

Moz's Keyword explorer is also incredible. Building campaigns and exploring areas where you can be successful is straightforward and really helps create a vision for future SEO plans.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I find navigating around the tool to be a bit confusing, things aren't always where you expect them to be. They also give suggestions for "fixing" your problems that could be much more detailed and targeted at the issue you are experiencing. Sometimes the help is not relevant or just missing some vital information for addressing your issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Moz is constantly innovating and updating. If there is something that you feel is missing then just check back in a few months. It is always getting better!

We know so much more about our online position. Link building and keyword analysis of ourselves and our competitors have been two huge areas. Moz's keyword explorer is an amazing tool for finding new keyword opportunities

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Moz Pro
Moz Pro review by <span>Dragan N.</span>
Dragan N.

Moz Pro

What do you like best?

I like it offers website crawling and checks for duplicate content. Their knowledge base is huge and you can find it throughout the Moz Pro dashboard when you need it most. You'll even find Rand Fishkin's videos that explain what the feature does, so you'll always learn something new while using the platform. When setting the campaign, you'll be asked to input 3 of the competitor websites. I find this feature quite nice, as you'll be able to track the progress nicely.

What do you dislike?

I dislike UX and it takes me a lot to find what I want within their dashboard. While their crawl index is big, it can't be compared to Ahrefs' or SEMrush's. What this means is that you won't get the complete picture when it comes to inbound links for your websites. The design language is not uniform, you'll occasionally find yourself lost or worse "Ooops, Sorry, something happened" message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Moz is a great SEO knowledge source, but their marketing platform is not very easy to use. Their index is not very big and does not present the full picture when it comes to backlinks. The onsite SEO modules are quite good and I can recommend them for beginner SEOs.

I was performing website audits and onpage SEO. Moz Pro showed me a clear path my marketing campaigns should take. It will definitely help you grow your online presence, I'm just not sure it'll get you all the way,

What SEO solution do you use?

Moz Pro review by <span>Brandon W.</span>
Brandon W.

Super Useful and Great Content!

What do you like best?

Moz is a tool that is easy to approach for a newbie. While providing advanced functionality to expert users. As you probably know, Moz puts our a lot of really great content. Naturally they are great at guiding you through the process of learning Moz, while educating you in general SEO principals. I really feel like I have grown into Moz.

What do you dislike?

Moz has a way of sinking their teeth into you with the data they collect. At this point it wouldn't be easy for me to switch to something like Ahrefs, which I have seriously considered. I also find that some of their SERP data is a hair off reality. Nothing crazy, but in a super competitive keyword search it matters if I'm 3rd or 2nd, and moz will sometimes report one to two positions higher or lower than reality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd highly recommend Moz to anyone looking, but I would advise you to also take a look at Ahrefs, and see if it meets your requirements. I find Ahrefs to be a bit more feature rich, and a better value than Moz, but honestly, you'll be in good hands either way.

I use Moz to monitor our SERPS, keywords, domain authority, and fin technical errors on our website all with the goal of getting ranked higher on Google. I also use Moz to pull technical information on my competitors' websites when doing competitive audits. Other members of the team use Moz on behalf of our clients and have no complaints.

Moz Pro review by <span>Heiko T.</span>
Heiko T.

SEO Tool with good Cost-Benefit Ratio

What do you like best?

MOZ is great for the basic SEO requirements like tracking your rankings, monitor technical issues or keyword research. You get weekly ranking updates, usually at monday. You can check the currents SERPs in detail, looking at your ranking history and discover interesting opportunities, like all the different SERP Features for your tracked keywords (featured snippets, image packs, reviews, videos, knowledge cards, related questions etc). For the keyword research the keyword explorer is doing a good job. You get a lot of keyword suggestions, which you can filter by relevance or search volume as well. One big benefit is the moz difficulty score. The higher this score, the harder it is to rank for the keywords. Over time you get a pretty good feeling for which difficulties it makes sense to write content, which ones will need some more "offpage efforts" or for which keywords it makes just no sense to create content at all, because the competition is just too high.

What do you dislike?

For offpage SEO I would prefer other tools, as MOZ has quite a low crawl depth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definetly there are slightly better tools on the market. BUT they are way way more expensive. Going for MOZ for onpage SEO and taking another Offpage Tool (e.g. Majestics) has a great cost-benefit ratio. However if you want to have you are really advanced and want to have all the fancy features on the market you can go for searchmetrics or sistrix. But they will cost you 5+ times more per month.

Tracking keyword rankings & traffic developement. Thanks to the keyword research tool with its difficulty score we can estimate our potential rankings pretty well and don't target competitive keywords.

Moz Pro review by <span>Eric S.</span>
Eric S.

It's good, not great

What do you like best?

The new keyword explorer is the best feature in the Moz Pro subscription. They recently just upgraded it and it is really, really great.

What do you dislike?

Open Site Explorer is pretty weak compared to other tools with the same capabilities. For the price point it doesn't have the same power as Ahrefs or SEMRush. It seems like Moz is stagnant and isn't keeping up with current industry trends.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're just starting out in SEO and looking at monitoring the technical aspects of your site and keyword research, then this is great for you. However, if you're an experienced SEO person, then you probably want to go with a more versatile tool that can do more for you.

We used Moz for keyword research and to monitor site problems. It was a good starter tool for us as we got into the SEO game. We are planning on switching though.

Moz Pro review by <span>Chad M.</span>
Chad M.

Moz Pro Streamlines SEO

What do you like best?

A lot of people approach SEO like it is magic or that if you just cheat well enough - you'll show up first in the search engines. This isn't true, particularly with all of the intelligent updates Google has made over the years. The simple fact is that SEO is a methodical process and Moz Pro helps keep that process in sight. I love how simple it is to track keyword performance, to see your pages are ranking - and how well SEO has been implemented - and tons of other features. Moz Pro takes what could be a complicated system to implement and twists it into something that is simple.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is how tracked keywords count as an additional keyword for each location you track that keyword. For some accounts we manage, the keywords being tracked can add up quick if they have a couple locations and upgrading the account might not fit the company's size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Moz Pro requires some time to do things right - as does SEO done correctly. Make sure you set aside enough time to be able to spend time with this.

We use Moz Pro for our website and the websites of our clients. In all cases that we've used Moz, we have been able to rank our clients extremely well in the search engines. And this is what our clients wanted. Instead of being a company that only offers results for long-tail keywords that nobody will ever search for - we're able to put our clients in front of their customers.

Learning about Moz Pro?

* We monitor all Moz Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.