Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Moz Pro

(240 reviews)

Boost your online visibility and keep ahead of competitors with Moz Pro. Start your free trial of the all-in-one set of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) research and analytics tools.

Work for Moz Pro?

Learning about Moz Pro?

Moz Pro Reviews

Ask Moz Pro a Question
Showing 249 Moz Pro reviews
Moz Pro review by Pawan K.
Pawan K.

"Good Tool For Tracking Website Ranking"

What do you like best?

Moz is a great tool to track your ranking by analyzing your backlinks, ranking keywords etc. It is a basic tool to track website performance. Its keyword explorer is good to find new keywords. Its biggest benefits is the keyword difficulty report. Moz is very good for basic SEO of your website. It helps in on-page SEO of your website. For its better functionalities and easy to use interface I like it.

What do you dislike?

Its Good for SEO, not the best, for proper SEO I like to use other tools along with this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, there are much better tools are available in the market. But they are more expensive than Moz. Going for MOZ for on-page SEO and taking another Offpage Tool has a great cost-benefit. So I recommend this tool for its good functionalities.

I am using this tool for tracking keyword rankings and traffic on my websites. Thanks to the keyword research tool with its difficulty score I can estimate my potential rankings pretty well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Moz Pro
Moz Pro review by Corey N.
Corey N.

"An OK Starting Place or Piece of the Puzzle"

What do you like best?

Having been in SEO for 18+ years, I've been an on/off Moz user for years. They've done a good job owning SEO for beginners in a post-Panda world. 2012 made all of Rand's previously incorrect advice some of the best advice around. Arguably every tool in Moz has an objectively better niche alternative, except potentially two right now. The first is MozCast (which is free), the second are their keyword research tools, which are strong. And it's nice that they port over to rank tracking.

What do you dislike?

If you're doing more than the most basic local work in a market with no competition, you'll need more. A lot more. Ahrefs has a vastly superior backlink database and Majestic has the only really usable link API. SEMrush and Search Metrics provide endless SERP scrape data. The crawler is limited to a very simple report, so you'll want something like Screaming Frog or Sitebulb. You'll probably want a rank tracker that updates daily and is more configurable and reliable (take your pick). You'll probably need other styles of keyword tool, too. Other insights on links and opportunities, beyond simple server errors, contain so many false positives and issues that you're usually better off without them.

A strong keyword tool and exportable ranking PDFs that are pretty. They're doing a good job keeping up on new SERP features too. Beyond that, Moz is just a tool, and it solves maybe 20 issues of potentially over a thousand.

What SEO solution do you use?

Moz Pro review by Miguel P.
Miguel P.

"MOZ, la herramienta ideala pra el inbound marketing"

What do you like best?

Moz currently represents one of the best alternatives for marketing. This platform provides several specialized tools to improve and create marketing strategies that will help position and improve your content writing, including choosing topics to write about and develop. Moz will also help you to improve and optimize your social network strategies, in short, there are many possibilities that this tool offers you to improve your marketing projects.

The power of MOZ is eradicated in a set of tools that I highly recommend:

MozBar: It is an extension available for Google Chrome, which helps you to evaluate the domain authority and the page authority, this information is essential to improve our web project.

Keyword difficulty: Gives you information about the difficulty of positioning keywords, and is one of MOZ's strong points.

Crawl test: This tool is designed for SEO practices and allows you to structurally and technically scan a website to determine the quality of all aspects related to search engine positioning, with this tool you can evaluate the titles, headers, goals, duplicate content and structure of a website.

Open Site Explorer MOZ: This tool available in MOZ allows you to analyze the links of your website, including the links of your competitors, which gives you a competitive advantage because you can analyze the link profile of your project.

What do you dislike?

The tools available in MOZ can be complex to use, they are not designed for beginners. Sometimes navigability can be uncomfortable because of the large amount of information it shows, so if you are going to use this tool you should study first. It can also be expensive for some small projects that want to scale and improve their sites.

MOZ allows you to evaluate, project and design a marketing campaign, all its tools are designed to provide valuable information that will determine the direction of your web strategy, as well as saving you a lot of time.

Moz Pro review by Madeline L.
Madeline L.

"The best all-round SEO Software"

What do you like best?

Moz's Keyword analysis tool and link analysis are both excellent and thorough. The site crawl function has also been instrumental in helping us identify and clean up website problems.

Moz's Keyword explorer is also incredible. Building campaigns and exploring areas where you can be successful is straightforward and really helps create a vision for future SEO plans.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I find navigating around the tool to be a bit confusing, things aren't always where you expect them to be. They also give suggestions for "fixing" your problems that could be much more detailed and targeted at the issue you are experiencing. Sometimes the help is not relevant or just missing some vital information for addressing your issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Moz is constantly innovating and updating. If there is something that you feel is missing then just check back in a few months. It is always getting better!

We know so much more about our online position. Link building and keyword analysis of ourselves and our competitors have been two huge areas. Moz's keyword explorer is an amazing tool for finding new keyword opportunities

Moz Pro review by Dragan N.
Dragan N.

"Moz Pro"

What do you like best?

I like it offers website crawling and checks for duplicate content. Their knowledge base is huge and you can find it throughout the Moz Pro dashboard when you need it most. You'll even find Rand Fishkin's videos that explain what the feature does, so you'll always learn something new while using the platform. When setting the campaign, you'll be asked to input 3 of the competitor websites. I find this feature quite nice, as you'll be able to track the progress nicely.

What do you dislike?

I dislike UX and it takes me a lot to find what I want within their dashboard. While their crawl index is big, it can't be compared to Ahrefs' or SEMrush's. What this means is that you won't get the complete picture when it comes to inbound links for your websites. The design language is not uniform, you'll occasionally find yourself lost or worse "Ooops, Sorry, something happened" message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Moz is a great SEO knowledge source, but their marketing platform is not very easy to use. Their index is not very big and does not present the full picture when it comes to backlinks. The onsite SEO modules are quite good and I can recommend them for beginner SEOs.

I was performing website audits and onpage SEO. Moz Pro showed me a clear path my marketing campaigns should take. It will definitely help you grow your online presence, I'm just not sure it'll get you all the way,

Moz Pro review by Anju P.
Anju P.

"Best SEO Tool for the Smarter Marketing"

What do you like best?

For SEO purpose Moz Pro is a nice tool to track your ranking by analyzing your website backlinks, ranking keywords, top pages etc. This is a basic tool to track full performance of any website. Moz Keyword explorer is good to find new keywords to rank better in Google SERP. This tool helps in full on-page SEO of website.

What do you dislike?

Moz Pro is good for On Page SEO but it is not the best tool, for proper SEO I like to use other tools along with this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You Must try this tool for On Page Analysis.

I am using Moz Pro tool for tracking keyword rankings and traffic on any website. This tool is also helpful for backlinking analysis.

Moz Pro review by ankita s.
ankita s.

"Moz is great SEO tool"

What do you like best?

I am using this to measure my backlink and on page site SEO. And this tool has proved very useful as using this tool I have really improved the SEO of my website. Moreover, this tool has helped me to perform SEO audit on my website and improved on page & off page SEO efforts

What do you dislike?

This tool has really helped me and as of now I did not find any problems with this tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a comprehensive and robust seo tool then try it

This tool is excellent for performing SEO audit and find and analyze the backlink profile of my website. Moreover, this tool helps me to find new backlink opportunity for my website

Moz Pro review by Brandon W.
Brandon W.

"Super Useful and Great Content!"

What do you like best?

Moz is a tool that is easy to approach for a newbie. While providing advanced functionality to expert users. As you probably know, Moz puts our a lot of really great content. Naturally they are great at guiding you through the process of learning Moz, while educating you in general SEO principals. I really feel like I have grown into Moz.

What do you dislike?

Moz has a way of sinking their teeth into you with the data they collect. At this point it wouldn't be easy for me to switch to something like Ahrefs, which I have seriously considered. I also find that some of their SERP data is a hair off reality. Nothing crazy, but in a super competitive keyword search it matters if I'm 3rd or 2nd, and moz will sometimes report one to two positions higher or lower than reality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd highly recommend Moz to anyone looking, but I would advise you to also take a look at Ahrefs, and see if it meets your requirements. I find Ahrefs to be a bit more feature rich, and a better value than Moz, but honestly, you'll be in good hands either way.

I use Moz to monitor our SERPS, keywords, domain authority, and fin technical errors on our website all with the goal of getting ranked higher on Google. I also use Moz to pull technical information on my competitors' websites when doing competitive audits. Other members of the team use Moz on behalf of our clients and have no complaints.

Moz Pro review by Heiko T.
Heiko T.

"SEO Tool with good Cost-Benefit Ratio"

What do you like best?

MOZ is great for the basic SEO requirements like tracking your rankings, monitor technical issues or keyword research. You get weekly ranking updates, usually at monday. You can check the currents SERPs in detail, looking at your ranking history and discover interesting opportunities, like all the different SERP Features for your tracked keywords (featured snippets, image packs, reviews, videos, knowledge cards, related questions etc). For the keyword research the keyword explorer is doing a good job. You get a lot of keyword suggestions, which you can filter by relevance or search volume as well. One big benefit is the moz difficulty score. The higher this score, the harder it is to rank for the keywords. Over time you get a pretty good feeling for which difficulties it makes sense to write content, which ones will need some more "offpage efforts" or for which keywords it makes just no sense to create content at all, because the competition is just too high.

What do you dislike?

For offpage SEO I would prefer other tools, as MOZ has quite a low crawl depth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definetly there are slightly better tools on the market. BUT they are way way more expensive. Going for MOZ for onpage SEO and taking another Offpage Tool (e.g. Majestics) has a great cost-benefit ratio. However if you want to have you are really advanced and want to have all the fancy features on the market you can go for searchmetrics or sistrix. But they will cost you 5+ times more per month.

Tracking keyword rankings & traffic developement. Thanks to the keyword research tool with its difficulty score we can estimate our potential rankings pretty well and don't target competitive keywords.

Moz Pro review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"It's good, not great"

What do you like best?

The new keyword explorer is the best feature in the Moz Pro subscription. They recently just upgraded it and it is really, really great.

What do you dislike?

Open Site Explorer is pretty weak compared to other tools with the same capabilities. For the price point it doesn't have the same power as Ahrefs or SEMRush. It seems like Moz is stagnant and isn't keeping up with current industry trends.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're just starting out in SEO and looking at monitoring the technical aspects of your site and keyword research, then this is great for you. However, if you're an experienced SEO person, then you probably want to go with a more versatile tool that can do more for you.

We used Moz for keyword research and to monitor site problems. It was a good starter tool for us as we got into the SEO game. We are planning on switching though.

Moz Pro review by Chad M.
Chad M.

"Moz Pro Streamlines SEO "

What do you like best?

A lot of people approach SEO like it is magic or that if you just cheat well enough - you'll show up first in the search engines. This isn't true, particularly with all of the intelligent updates Google has made over the years. The simple fact is that SEO is a methodical process and Moz Pro helps keep that process in sight. I love how simple it is to track keyword performance, to see your pages are ranking - and how well SEO has been implemented - and tons of other features. Moz Pro takes what could be a complicated system to implement and twists it into something that is simple.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is how tracked keywords count as an additional keyword for each location you track that keyword. For some accounts we manage, the keywords being tracked can add up quick if they have a couple locations and upgrading the account might not fit the company's size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Moz Pro requires some time to do things right - as does SEO done correctly. Make sure you set aside enough time to be able to spend time with this.

We use Moz Pro for our website and the websites of our clients. In all cases that we've used Moz, we have been able to rank our clients extremely well in the search engines. And this is what our clients wanted. Instead of being a company that only offers results for long-tail keywords that nobody will ever search for - we're able to put our clients in front of their customers.

Moz Pro review by Chris K.
Chris K.

"Marketing Manager Review"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Moz is the massive amount of functionality it offers, from link tracking, competitor tracking, DA and PA tracking, and keyword tracking.

What do you dislike?

I wish that you could go father back in time when looking at the domain authority tracking. It would be nice if you could see an entire history, or at least when you started the campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Moz Pro to any digital or marketing manager. It has almost all tool you could need from a digital marketing perspective, top notch customer service, and the best support community you can find.

Moz allows me to track online competitor activity, improve overall website SEO, and provides me with a variety of online tool and resources for digital marketing. We have realized benefits improved DA, PR, organic traffic, and increased sales.

Moz Pro review by User in Computer Software

"Useful For A Proper Website Audit"

What do you like best?

I think that Keyword explorer is the best as I am able to find the best-ranked keywords for my blog. There is many keyword suggestions and also provides SERP analysis. I am able to analyse my competitor's blogs and website with full detail of their Domain Authority and Page Authority. I am able to find my blogs errors by using the full site audit feature. it helps me to perform the best SEO with high ranking results.

What do you dislike?

MOZ is no doubt rich in features but is somewhat expensive for the base package. It offers a free trial for 14 days but after that, If we want a pro version of that we need to pay a huge amount. If you want the other modules like Keyword Research, Backlink Reports, Local SEO, you have to pay extra for each.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the best tool to improve your ranking in the Search engine and also provides deep matrices on DA and PA of your website. It breaks down website data for better analysis and strategy formulation and to rank high on the search engine.

I use to analyse my blog and website through MOZ. I also use this software to compare my competitor's blogs and website for DA and PA as well as to generate more backlinks for my blog. Keyword analysis is the best I think so I use to find Keywords that are high search volume and has moderate competition and CPC. it also helps me building and ranking my long tail keywords.

Moz Pro review by Chad B.
Chad B.

"A great tool for analytical insight. "

What do you like best?

I love that I'm able to accurately track historical data with Moz, and compile that data in easy to read reports. I'm able to keep data on hand for all of my clients, and easily organize the information.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the navigation was easier and more user-friendly. Overall, this tool is a great weapon to have in your back pocket (especially when working on SEO/SEM for clients).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool to use, but ensure this isn't the only analytical tool you have. I'd recommend using SEM RUSH, SpyFu, and Alexa along with this tool to get the best insight on your site's data.

We track the historical data for our site's and our clients' sites rankings of keywords and search terms. This allows us to more easily direct efforts on what we should be targeting with our digital marketing efforts.

Moz Pro review by Jessica B.
Jessica B.

"Moz Pro Allows Us to Optimize Web Pages Effectively"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy using Moz Pro because it is user-friendly. The subscription we utilize allows us to host up to 10 of our clients within the platform, and gives us the ability to understand their SEO optimization scores. We're able to optimize our clients' web pages based on highly searched keywords and ensure that their title tags, meta descriptions, h1 headings, URLs, and image alt attributes all feature the keyword. Being able to conduct in-depth keyword research allows us to ensure that our clients' audience is finding their site as a reputable source of information/services/products.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, the site will kick me out randomly and I'll receive a 404 error. Another issue we've run into is that Moz will not pick up changes I've made to our clients' sites. This could either be a caching issue or an issue with the site crawlers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly consider giving Moz Pro a go. It is worth the investment and allows you to provide your clients useful insight on their brand.

We're able to help increase our clients' organic site traffic by doing keyword research and optimizing their web pages for highly search keywords that are relevant to their business. By increasing their organic traffic, we're able to increase their leads, whether they be form fills or phone calls. Along with optimization, knowing which keywords have high monthly search volume also allows us to recommend content to our clients. Based on our keyword research, we're able to suggest blog topics, the addition of new web pages based on demand, and are able to give our clients insight on which of their products or services are searched more than others.

Moz Pro review by dinesh g.
dinesh g.

"Moz is an allround SEO tool "

What do you like best?

Moz is a comprehensive SEO tool. I use this tool to analyze keywords, backlinks and brand alerts about my website. Moreover, this tool helps me to perform SEO audit for my website. This helps me to increase Domain authority and organic search of my website

What do you dislike?

This tool is a great SEO tool and I have nothing against this tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is great for people who are serious about SEO and want to build online business

This tool has helped me to increase SERP of my website and helped us to scale the backlinking efforts of my website. We need not to invest in external tool using this tool

Moz Pro review by Rahul S.
Rahul S.

"Nice platform to start"

What do you like best?

MOZ is a wonderful platform for SEO as their features to track rankings, keeping a tap on issues, and keyword research. It provides you. You ranking updates per week. by its report you can find opportunities to improve. The feature vwhich I like the most is moz difficulty score.

What do you dislike?

It has low crawl depth and you can not switch to other products after keeping your data in moz.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, there are some other good tools available in the market but they are more costlier than this.

Keeping a tap on keyword rankings & traffic developement. The wonderful keyword research feature through which we can estimate our potential rankings.

Moz Pro review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Robust, Intuitive and a Great Value"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the Keyword Explorer functionality. It helps us make informed decisions on which keywords to include in blog posts, etc. as opposed to relying on our intuition

What do you dislike?

I've seen better iterations of Moz's Open Site Explorer. It's definitely not bad, but our site has a lot of secure links that Moz can't really analyze.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've got the budget, I'd definitely consider it. They've got tons of information on their site that simply explains SEO in general without beating you over the head by promoting their product as the best. Rand Fishkin (Founder, CEO) has been doing this for a longer time than most. It definitely shows when you use Moz.

We're learning which phrases to emphasize in our organic content, when to emphasize them, and gaining a much better online presence because of this

Moz Pro review by Ryan Paul S.
Ryan Paul S.

"Very useful tool and insights"

What do you like best?

Keyword tracker and website crawl tool. The report identifies any problems with the website and a series of recommendations of what needs fixing. You can also analyse specific pages and MOZ gives them a traffic light grade so you know what you need to do to improve the overall score of that page.

What do you dislike?

The MOZ toolbar is only available for Chrome - need one for Safari! Also, the chromebar is flaky at best. It doesn't always work and you often find yourself refreshing the page for it to bring the metrics in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the overall reports and subscribe to their webinars to further understand how the software works and how to use all of its features.

Identify where client websites rank and how they can improve their overall score.

Moz Pro review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great SEO tool"

What do you like best?

I like being able to find broken links, unlinked brand mentions and recently discovered links. The keyword tools makes it easier for me to find relevant keywords for each client.

What do you dislike?

When a site has more than 40,000 back links you can only see 40,000. I wish there was a way to see all the links in one report. I also dislike how long it takes for a report to generate. I also wish there was a way to delete duplicate domains.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this software for link building purposes. I use this tool daily.

I can see all of a competitors backlinks in one spot. With the new feature of lost and discovered links I can see when I loose links and gain new links. Being able to see the lost links has made it easier for me to get the link fixed or reinstated.

Moz Pro review by Lisa  M.
Lisa M.

"Excellent tool for SEO monitoring & optimization"

What do you like best?

The keyword explorer tool is great along with their new additions that enable you to better understand what keywords competitors are optimizing. The overall UX of the platform is easy and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Its hard to call out a specific dislike. Overall i have been very happy with the value we get out of the tool for the price point. One area of improvement could be with the backlink analysis feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for businesses of all sizes. It is able to meet the needs of our company and provides the same value than other SEO tools that costs thousands/month

It helps streamline our SEO efforts and easily measure progress. Additionally, it has made it much easier to identify new keyword and optimization opportunities.

Moz Pro review by Vijay C.
Vijay C.

"Moz is excellent Tool for tracking website ranking & backlink audit"

What do you like best?

I have been using this tool to track the website ranking on Google and also find the new backlink opportunity for my website. Moreover, this tool helps me perform Backlink audit and also this tool is excellent for finding keywords for my blogs.

What do you dislike?

This tool fulfills all what I require hence I have no problems with this tool

This tool is helping me to perform seo audit on my website and find best performing keywords for my website and improve SERP and backlink of my website. Overall it is a complete SEO tool

Moz Pro review by User

"Moz makes quick SEO easy!"

What do you like best?

Moz is a great no-nonsense platform for basic SEO. I like that I can go on and find the answer to a question quickly for a client or co-worker. (It usually requires so little clicking around with Moz's platform, that I can just keep them on the phone, which they appreciate.) Keyword Explorer is among the most straightforward SEO tools of its type that I've used, and creating keyword lists and campaigns is relatively painless because there are no bells and whistles.

Moz resources are top-notch as well and they're one of my go-tos for SEO news and best practices. I feel well-supported by their team, even without hands-on help.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I overtly dislike about using Moz, but I do wonder how accurate the metrics are from time to time since we have received conflicting information from other platforms when searching simultaneously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Moz Pro is probably not your best bet if you run an Ecomm site with a large number of categories and product pages. In that case, you would need to invest in something with more campaigning and segmentation capabilities. Moz Pro is perfect for small to mid-size companies and marketing firms, particularly those that deal with services rather than products.

Moz Pro is helping us shape up our SEO and our clients' SEO with confidence. It's offers an overall SEO picture without extraneous tools which. In my experience with past platforms, all the "extras" confused and convoluted marketing goals.

Moz Pro review by James M.
James M.

"Great for new and experienced search engine marketers"

What do you like best?

Moz is slick, easy to use and integrates well with Google Analytics. Its best feature is Campaigns which helps you to pin point a page(s) and associate keywords and track competitors.

What do you dislike?

Its freemium model is great for scalability, but if you want beyond five campaigns you have to upgrade. It may be better to tier on the basis of company size or usage.

Our company target niche keywords, so having the ability to present our perfomance and competitors' rankings to our board has supported company buy in to our marketing. It really has opened doors to building strategies based on what info Moz provided.

Moz Pro review by Kevin G.
Kevin G.

"Easy to get great insights"

What do you like best?

The interface is intuitive and the data available allows for actionable insights.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to better customize some of the reporting but the out of the box functionality is good as is.

Our use of Moz went down three different paths. 1) Initial keyword research. We were trying to uncover the keywords that would drive traffic but also remained extremely relevant to our content and audience. One component of the keyword research is the relatively new relevance score that can help gauge whether a keyword is on target for the content you are trying to create. This relevancy helps to expand your initial concept and sometimes exposes related concepts that may not have made it into your list originally. 2) Keyword Tracking. Once we had optimized a page we used Moz to review how the optimizations we put in place were performing in the search engine results. 3) Lastly, we used Moz for on-page optimization grading. This allowed us to review pages that we hadn't yet had a chance to review previously and take action on those pages.

From use of Moz we were able to drive relevant traffic and explore concepts that we had maybe not considered before. Through the expanded content we increased visibility for our clients' site and exposed our clients' site to a broader audience. This broader related audience increased top-of-funnel visitors that played into a long-term content strategy.

Moz Pro review by User in Tobacco
User in Tobacco

"Great software tool to help track and maintain your website performance. "

What do you like best?

I like that the tool is very easy to navigate. I use the rank tracker along with open site explorer, and the keyword explorer on a daily basis. These tool help me make sure that we are building and maintaining SEO ranking with our site.

What do you dislike?

When using the Keyword explorer when you search a keyword there is a section called SERP analysis and this only gives you the info on the first page (about the top 10 ranked pages) I would like to see this be a bit more extensive. I also think that the Rank checker should automatically update the ranks on the keywords you choose in stead of having to manually updated each line daily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that this tool has a number of great functions for a SEO professional looking to optimize and maintain their site for a small or large business.

We use this to maintain and gain SEO keywords within google and other Search engines. We do benefit from using the tools as it gives us insights in our own rankings as well as our competitors.

Moz Pro review by Sarah F.
Sarah F.

"SEO and Website Info in one place"

What do you like best?

Moz is great because it crawls your site constantly and gives you the info you need for success. This is from a development side and a content management side. If you need to edit 404 errors it will let you know and will also give you input if you need to beef up content for a targeted keyword.

What do you dislike?

I do wish that Moz Local and Moz Pro were more seamless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very user-friendly and easily navigated. We use this program to keep on top of not only our website but Google Algo updates. We couldn't be happier with the price point or with the return on investment here. We are able to separate different locations into different campaigns to have scalable views to see where we need to improve.

It’s like having another person on my team. There’s always a fresh crawl for me to dive into and there have been plenty of times that it has brought errors to my attention I was unaware of.

Moz Pro review by George A.
George A.

"Great tool for *some* metrics related to SEO health"

What do you like best?

Domain authority and keyword optimization of specific pages.

What do you dislike?

Keyword discovery and semantic grouping are not as sophisticated as Ahrefs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would hesitate to recommend Moz Pro as your only paid SEO measurement tool. It works great in conjunction with Ahrefs--if you have both, you can triangulate keyword data between the two (for example, they will give wildly different stats for monthly search volume and keyword difficulty). However, if you have the budget for only one, I would have to recommend Ahrefs. It's a more analytical tool, less intuitive, but also does *much more* in suggesting keywords that are related to keywords you already know about. Moz suggests keywords, but they are often irrelevant or related only in that they contain the same words. Moz does not seem to understand the real semantic content behind a group of related keywords as well as Ahrefs.

Tracking domain authority and rankings for keywords which we believe we should be ranking for.

Moz Pro review by Isabel H.
Isabel H.

"All-in-one, everything you need for SEO!"

What do you like best?

What don't I like? We only start using Moz a few weeks ago (we are still using the free trial!) but we've managed to fix so many issues with our website with the help of its crawl reports and on page SEO graders. I can't think of a more in-depth and helpful tool for any company that wants to keep their SEO efforts in-house. The customer service is fantastic as well, offering valuable and helpful information when you ask. Very impressed. We will definitely be using this service for a long time!

What do you dislike?

Their backlink analysis isn't as in-depth as some other tools, such as Ahrefs and SemRush - we don't seem to be getting as many links with Moz as we do using these other tools. But that isn't really of huge concern, as Moz is better in so many other ways so we can use a different tool for backlink analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're planning to do all of your SEO in-house, then Moz Pro is definitely the tool to use. It has everything you need from keyword analysis, rank tracker, crawl tests, etc.

That our WordPress settings were not configured properly, as we did not have a no-index on image attachment pages or pagination (which was causing page duplication issues). We also discovered how well we were ranking for certain search terms and how we could improve on our rankings.

Moz Pro review by Agency in Computer Networking
Agency in Computer Networking

"Best data for SEO campaigns out there"

What do you like best?

We like to use Moz to get accurate data about our keyword rankings. The presentation of the keyword rankings in the reports are impressive to clients and let's us know if we are on the right track with our optimizations. At any given time we can see the ranking of keywords we are tracking and up to 3 competitors. We also like the backlink data which we find to be a lot more accurate and useful. Not all links show up but when they do you know the links are good.

What do you dislike?

A bit pricey but you get what you pay for. The cheapest plan they have is for $99 per month so you need to have at least 5 sites to make it worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cost is an issue you have to shell out a good amount each month. Probably you could find all this data for free through other programs but its worth the convenience to pay Moz to do it for you.

We try to up sell SEO services to clients but we need accurate data to do the work and we also need a professional way to show reports to clients so they can see the progress of the campaign.

Moz Pro review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Powerful rank tracking capabilities "

What do you like best?

Moz is leading the entire SEO industry with its own metrics, Domain Authority, MozRank and MozTrust scores. Therefore, their product has become a must-have for many SEO managers. Besides that, it's actually useful. The ability to accurately track historical data across multiple geographies and devices - is amazing and highly useful for SEO.

What do you dislike?

Their user interface experience isn't as easy as expected. Also, it is almost impossible to do some basic things like tracking rankings of a list of competitors, using the same keyword list that you're optimizing for. For that to happen, you'll have to duplicate the list into different campaigns, which is not the right way to do it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their rank tracking capabilities are amazing. Better than most competitors in the space. As for tracking backlinks - others are doing a better job at it.

Optimizing web pages for better crawlability, indexing, and relevancy. Improving overall SEO for better rankings, organic traffic, and conversions.

Moz Pro review by Samuel K.
Samuel K.

"Great SEO tools and better resources"

What do you like best?

Moz's keyword research tools are very handy, as well as the competitor and ranking analytics. We're quickly able to evaluate the status of our SEO efforts with the campaign dashboard and the On-Page Grader is helpful for addressing problem areas.

What do you dislike?

Limited number of competitors is an inconvenience. A few additional features like a site mapping tool would be handy. We've found that while Moz does a lot of things well it's not a complete "one-stop-shop" for all things SEO and additional tools are needed to fill the gaps.

We use Moz as the starting point for all of our SEO projects and continual site optimization in terms of both content and technical improvements.

Moz Pro review by Katie B.
Katie B.

"Fantastic for organizing campaigns and developing key words"

What do you like best?

I LOVE the keyword optimizer. I use it every single day in developing keywords for individual articles as well as whole-site keywords that we are trying to focus on. I use the "Suggested KeyWord" and ability to sort them by average number of searches every time and always learn a new key word that I would not have thought to try to rank for. I also love Moz' daily and weekly videos. They are incredibly helpful.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a way to compare keywords for an individual post without having to add them to a campaign. I am often looking for small keywords for articles that don't merit a full "campaign level" of research, but do require a bit of searching and comparing to find keywords. A simple "compare keywords" selection option would be fabulous.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! The pro version of Moz is a must-have for anyone who is taking the time to research keywords for ads, campaigns, and even individual articles.

We use Moz Pro to help us develop strong keywords that will likely lead us to success via eyes on our product. Moz has helped us choose keywords that are highly searchable, easy to rank for, and still genuinely reflect the content we are trying to share. I can't imagine how I would know the right keywords without it!

Moz Pro review by User in Computer Software

"Moz is Perfect Lightweight Tool for SEO "

What do you like best?

Moz is intuitive, easy to learn but has in depth metrics for experienced marketers. We've found it to be extremely helpful in launching new products and go to market strategies. It has also been very helpful in identifying competitor strategies.

What do you dislike?

It's not as powerful as other SEO and SERP tools on the market. It doesn't crawl as frequently as others. Moz has also been known to alter their algorithm and completely ruin your historical data. I have been using them for 4 years and this has happened twice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a long hard look at your SEO strategy and evaluate tools based on your specific needs. A lot of Moz counterparts offer more bells and whistles, but much of that isn't necessary.

We use it for site crawling, keyword research as well as monitoring our page ranks and competitors. It has also indirectly been very helpful for our content strategy.

Moz Pro review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Great for tracking specific pages, getting quick result son domain authority"

What do you like best?

I really like Moz Pro's rank tracker because it quickly gives me up-to-date information about where my articles are ranking in Google search results. Moz Pro has also been an indispensible asset in determining the page authority/domain authority of other sites that I can contribute to.

What do you dislike?

The main drawback to Moz is how slowly it catalogs inbound links from other sites. Links to our site have been published for months and Moz has yet to recognize them. While it's a great tool for knowing your DA, I think it lags behind in cataloging links.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for tracking search results for individual pages as well as being a quick resources for knowing the approximate DA of other websites.

Moz gives us a simple way of tracking multiple pages for search-result strength. We really like having all those results on one page and it's really easy to get the latest page rankings.

Moz Pro review by Gaetano Nino D.
Gaetano Nino D.

"Phenomenal tool for SEO, Content Marketing, and Link Analysis"

What do you like best?

Keyword explorer by far is the best feature in the Moz Pro suite. Love that they're getting back to SEO as their main focus. The new site crawl feature is pretty cool too, but I'd prefer more robust options like Screaming Frog for that,

What do you dislike?

Rank tracker needs a refresh ASAP. You can only track 50 keywords at a time depending on your plan, which should be way more. Moz bar chrome extension is extremely buggy sometimes too, but can be effective for quickly identifying metrics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a phenomenal option for companies looking to improve their SEO, on-page targeting, keyword monitoring and link management.

Keyword research every day. Helps me optimize landing pages and articles very effectively. Traffic has increased 2x in 6 months as a result of using Moz keyword explorer.

Moz Pro review by Kristen H.
Kristen H.

"A great resource for inbound marketers"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to search for and analyze potential keywords, and then easily add them in and monitor the results and movement of how pages with that keyword are ranking. The analytics and results that Moz provides are very detailed and helpful. It's easy to spend an hour every week making sure we're as optimized as possible.

I also love that Moz tells me what I need to fix to optimize our SEO results. It's easy to find pages with broken links now.

What do you dislike?

These seems like something silly to complain about, but I almost feel like Moz has too many great features. They're all useful features, but it took me a while to figure out all of its functionality when we first got started. Once I figured it out though, it's been a lifesaver.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you're set up, make sure you play around and check out all the different features. There's a lot you don't even realize is there. Play around with testing different keywords before adding them in. Analyze and compare your company with your competitors. They come out with new features, so keep your eyes peeled for them!

As an inbound marketer, Moz makes it easy for me to bring in more leads through Google search. A good chunk of our leads come from landing pages with forms, and the higher those pages rank from the keywords we enter into Moz, the more likely we are to get more marketing qualified leads in the door. It helps make my job easier.

Moz Pro review by Brad J.
Brad J.

"Comprehensive SEO Software"

What do you like best?

Useful to be able to see how competitive keywords are, so I can carefully choose what keywords I want to target when doing keyword research for search engine optimisation.

In browser extensions are also super handy for doing competitor research on the fly or as you stumble across websites.

Insights also provide a quick way to see where you can make some easy improvements.

What do you dislike?

Search rankings aren't always accurate - these need to be taken with a grain of salt - although this is the same with most SEO software.

Some numbers don't make sense and are kind of skewed. For example the search visibility number. this doesn't seem to be that useful to compare yourself with competitors as its based solely on your keywords and isn't a true representation of how you compare in search engine results pages.

Agencies can't give you access to see the account, which is a bit frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the trial to see how it works for yourself and make sure you take ad advantage of all the features as this is the best way to get ROI.

Knowing which keywords to target, which are easiest for us to rank for organically, and to a certain extent how we compare to our tracked competitors.

The business benefit is that we use less guess work when working on SEO and we can actually track whether the work we are doing is having an effect. It also gives us actionable insights that would have otherwise been overlooked when doing SEO.

Moz Pro review by Jay H.
Jay H.

"I've used Moz at three jobs in a row now - love it"

What do you like best?

This is a terrific way to track SEO performance, to find keywords, to get information on which of your pages are failing the "optimized" test, your domain authority etc. It's really worth the $199/month we pay for it - I've found that my search terms always do much better once Moz crawls my pages and makes suggestions.

What do you dislike?

The layout of some of the features can be a little strange at times. Like any software, it takes a little clicking around to totally figure it out.

Better visibility for our pages in search rankings. Moz has really helped get us to #1 or #2 for all key terms, and helps us benchmark against our competitors.

Moz Pro review by Jeremy W.
Jeremy W.

"Great Tool For Marketing - keep track and developing strategies"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and straightforward. Set up is quick and integration to Google Analytics simple. Provides a wealth of (useful) information and being able to monitor yourself against competition is great.

Highlights the areas to address and also the insights are useful.

What do you dislike?

there is not a lot i dislike but if I had to say something then the number of campaigns on the account is limited at just 5 without upgrading - also the cap of the number of terms feels a bit low at times especially for long tail campaigns - makes you think creatively!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product without question. i have tried various other tools in the marketplace over the years and keep coming back to MOZ Pro. I also use MOZ alongside other tools that complement each other with some/a little overlap.

Take the free trial and make sure it offers what you are looking for - the same for pretty much any software, the vast majority offer a free trial.

Provides a good level of information, easily customised to your needs and has masses of date that can be used for reporting for all levels from very detailed to high level less detail.

Once set up make sure you have a play around with the features and see what they can do and how they can be used - you can miss a lot. the team at MOZ are always on hand to help and will easily schedule calls with you to go over anything. Worth doing

The need to track current SEO performance and the ability to grow and link to business growth and profit increases. It highlighted the work we needed to do and the journey the business is on and it is all measurable.

Moz Pro review by Steve W.
Steve W.

"Moz is the Perfect SMB SEO Suite for Agencies"

What do you like best?

Account setup is self-provisioning and takes seconds. Integration with Google Analytics is fast and easy. Creating custom reports and having those reports automatically delivered to clients is simple and intuitive. The data is always accurate and the weekly frequency is more than enough for a small to mid-sized business. Having Moz is a huge value-add to those clients who would have had to pay a premium for a one-off account, where agency pricing is extremely affordable. Mobile and desktop rankings available. We love all the off-campaign tools available to explore competitor content and link strategies.

What do you dislike?

I'd like our clients to be able to explore their campaigns, but there is no client-level access (only admin). We're a consultancy, but have multiple clients who we'd like to give access to. Market share reports are limited to trend charts (vs pie charts like competing enterprise suites). No Google Search Console integration. No customization on Google Analytics fields (just traffic). Moz is a scaled down "essentials" version of larger solutions, but just right for smaller businesses who just care about trending upward in traffic and rankings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore both enterprise and SMB suites before signing up for Moz. You may fine that the solution is perfect based on your resource limitations, or not granular enough if you have the web analyst in-house who can manage a more robust solution. For our SMB clients, Moz is perfect.

We use Moz and SearchLight to monitor holistic search engine optimization strategies (traffic and rankings). The extras Moz offers, such as insights tools, community forums, and features beyond campaign tracking are and always have been phenomenal and a permanent part of our browser bookmarks.

Moz Pro review by Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.

"Great way to see SEO details"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the level of detail for webpages at the very detailed level. It allows me to pinpoint what is hindering my SEO.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve to the software itself and without having the coding knowledge, I'm not sure how to get the service to crawl every page of a site, it has just been crawling a main page while omitting many other pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should know exactly what you're looking for when it comes to improving your website for SEO. Have a goal to reach and a reasonable timeline for improvement.

I enjoy being able to deep dive into SEO issues as well as look at MOZ rankings.

Moz Pro review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"Like a port in a storm"

What do you like best?

Where do I start? It's simple: I'd be lost without you, Moz. This is the first and last SEO tool I'll ever use. We get competitive insights, daily rankings information, and even help optimizing our pages for technical and on-page content.

What do you dislike?

Literally nothing. The value is unmatched. If they raised their prices 10x I would probably be okay with that.

Organic search is our top performing channel, so it's critical to know exactly where we rank for the phrases we want to rank for. Moz also gives us ideas into new rankings that we could capture. Without it, we wouldn't be able to stay ahead of the competition.

Moz Pro review by Katie H.
Katie H.

"Moz Pro makes my job easy :) "

What do you like best?

I love using Moz Pro. The product is great for someone managing several clients and accounts. This tool allows me to gain insight on website traffic, traffic acquisition, and SEO rankings. I have several clients that are concerned with their SEO and using Moz Keyword Ranker allows me to track keywords over time. It also allows me to "grade" the content on each page and see how effective keywords are being utilized.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, Moz Pro just announced that they will be discontinuing the social media integration aspect of the software. I used this in order to track social media traffic and report on site traffic that was acquired from social media. Though I have other tools that will help me with this, using this feature in Moz was nice because it collected all the social data in one place. This feature will definitely be missed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a software that allows you to see website traffic acquisition, SEO tools, and content quality all in one place, Moz Pro is the best choice for you. As a digital content strategist, I highly recommend this product to others in this industry.

Moz takes the guesswork out of content creation. By grading each page, I'm able to test my writing against how it would be seen in search engines. It's made me a much better writer for web-based initiatives and I have gained tremendous insight on SEO.

Moz Pro review by Kevin W.
Kevin W.

"Moz is an excelelnt tool for any SEO strategy"

What do you like best?

Moz provides a great user-interface that we often take screenshots of and include in client reports (e.g. keyword difficulty visuals). In the past, I've had to reformat or even recreate some basic visual information to have something polished enough to be client facing. Additionally, I like that they have wrapped Local Search tools into the main platform as it save from having to have a separate Local Search tool.

What do you dislike?

I think that the number of campaigns at the lower price tier is a little wanting. While these packages are likely aimed at smaller organizations, 5 campaigns is very restrictive. I also think that the keyword limit for each campaign should be higher. If you are wanting to build out a robust long tail strategy within a campaign you run out pretty quickly.

The tools in Moz Pro allow us to keep track of duplicate content, broken links, and areas of opportunity in SEO. We also mine OSE for links and insights, and make extensive use of the Keyword Difficulty tool for research, and have improved our domain authority by implementing a backlink and local citation strategy.

Moz Pro review by Aaron T.
Aaron T.

"Couldn't live without Moz"

What do you like best?

I love the easy of use of the software, the fact that Moz is the leader in SEO space and that they are constantly updating their product to bring the newest and best tools to SEO workers everywhere!

What do you dislike?

There is really isn't anything that I truly dislike--there are of course things that I wish the product did better. (Better reporting, more customizable features, etc...) But they have been aggressively updating their product this past year and I have a suspicion that many of these minor issues I have with the product will be fixed or added eventually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the free trial and just look at and read their extensive blog articles. You will know if they are right for your company right away!

I was solving how to monitor and complete my daily SEO tasks. Moz gives me a dashboard, reporting, research tools and technical analysis that help me complete my day to day job in the SEO field and provides us the best opportunity to stay ahead of the competition.

Moz Pro review by User

"Moz is a fantastic SEO Tool"

What do you like best?

I love most of Moz, but the most used feature that I use with Moz is the browser toolbar that can quickly fetch the domains DA, page titles, metas and more.

What do you dislike?

Per the above, there are often times that the dashboard will have a glitch and not load properly if I need to quickly pull DA for a client on a call. This can be frustrating when the toolbar will not load when I need an answer quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version and the trial version of Pro to see which option fits your needs best.

Its a top tool for SEO, looking and assessing opportunity, as well as the local feature for managing all of my local business listings.

Moz Pro review by Lauren S.
Lauren S.

"Not super impressed overall"

What do you like best?

"Spam Score" analysis. It's a small feature but it' is kind of nice.

This uses 17 unique signals to determine how likely a site is to get penalized/banned by Google. Domain Authority, though not necessarily an authority on a website's quality, it's a nice indicator to keep in mind for competitor links, combined with Domain Authority and Page Authority. You can't take any one of these too seriously, but it's nice to have a basic metric to keep in mind.

On page optimization grader is cool. However, a lot of tools have basic functions on this and makes it not worth the while. I would say this is a step above other tools in this regard.

What do you dislike?

The Open Site Explorer link tool is actually not very accurate. I've used it for about 2 years. At this point, it's not working that well for us: there will be many links it doesn't pick up that Google's Search Console will, and that Ahrefs will. It seems like it's way behind on picking up links.

The "Link Opportunities" does not do a very good job of finding mentions. I have found some when the tool finds none. In my somewhat-limited experience with it.

Also, the Keyword Explorer, though cool, doesn't provide enough keywords to make it worth the cost. As a Moz Pro subscriber, Standard, it's $99 a month. 5 Keyword Reports. The next level up has 30 full keyword lists, which is good.

The Standard plan tracks 300 keywords, which is not even remotely enough for a semi-serious SEO professional to make it your main rank-tracking software. The highest showed plan on their pricing is 7,500 keyword rankings for $599. That's way more than you can get for more keywords on other rank tracking services, like SEranking. Yes, there are other tools you get when paying for MOZ. But all of these SEO software tools have multiple features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is fine if you're just starting off and need some tools in minimal quantities. But if you're a serious professional with dozens of clients and campaigns, I think you'll find you've outgrown this tool. $99/month for a basic package is not bad. But the link research tool is only semi-effective. The Keyword Explorer is cool but doesn't provide you with enough if you have dozens of campaigns, without costing a lot more than $99/month.

Overall I would suggest this for someone who's perhaps starting off and can't spring for pricier, more in-depth tools. I think this is a good basic starter tool, but once you get more serious, have tons of clients and campaigns, and can afford to pay for several different tools, I think you might find you've outgrown this.

This helps with minimal backlink research, Domain Authority and other MOZ website indicator calculations, keyword research, etc.

However it feels a bit like a dilettante tool in that I haven't seen it do any one thing excellently, rather it does a number of things to an okay degree. Subpar to other tools that focus on those areas. Like Ahrefs for link building, SEranking for rank tracking, etc.

Moz Pro review by Scott E.
Scott E.

"Moz Pro just gets better and better"

What do you like best?

I really like the ability to access all the tools, then import new suggestions into the existing campaign. Another great feature is the ability to assign seats to other users. Tools are unmatched with Moz Pro

What do you dislike?

Not being able to restrict a newly assigned user seat to a particular campaign so they can't see all the other campaigns in our account. I think they're working on that though

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great platform for tracking SEO and overall online presence and progress. Great for beginners on up to advanced and the tools are especially helpful

We need to track the efficiency and profitability of SEO for our clients, so MOZ Pro includes all this data in one platform. We are able to pull in myriad data for key indicators like traffic and links without having to go into all the other platforms. Plus, the reporting is cool.

Moz Pro review by Lindsey M.
Lindsey M.

"Useful Tool, Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Moz is great for snapshot information. Where pages are, how many are ranked, etc. Campaigns were easy to setup and you can create them in a hierarchy that works. The rank tracker and crawl reports are also helpful in tracking and solving issues for SEO.

What do you dislike?

It is tough to get trending data, and when you export the reports you get a lot more detailed information, but that is not displayed in a visual within the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't change the admin on the account after it is setup. Support gave me an option for a work-around, but it would be nice to be able to hand off the account if someone leaves.

Improve our SEO rankings across many pages within certain keywords. Track the ranking of our top keywords and watch for trends upward or downward to address any decreases. Solving technical SEO issues where needed. Being able to track issues.

Learning about Moz Pro?

* We monitor all Moz Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Moz Pro