Mozilla Firefox

Firefox Web Browser. We are Mozilla. Doing good is part of our code. Different by Design.

Work for Mozilla Firefox?

Learning about Firefox?

Mozilla Firefox Reviews

Showing 121 Firefox reviews
Firefox review by <span>Damien H.</span>
Damien H.

Reliable, Secure Browser

What do you like best?

What I like best about Firefox is that is is constantly upgrading to stay on top of the internet browser standards. It is continuously offering updates that increase its functionality. I also like the fact that Firefox is user friendly and customizable. It's continuous improvements prove that it is looking out for the best interests of its user. I also like the fact that it is a secure browser with a reliable pop-up blocker, allowing its users to customize the level of security.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the amount of crashes and slow loading of web pages that I experience with Firefox. While a lot of this has to do with its constant updates to improve the interface, it can prove to be quite a downfall. I also don't like Firefox's lack of integration - it only works with itself and it's add-ons - being able to integrate with other programs and applications - similar to several of its competing browsers - would be a good advance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Mozilla Firefox to those who seek an internet browser that is reliable and constantly upgrading to stay at level of or to advance beyond the level of its competition without its updates totally changing Firefox's look or feel. It is easy to navigate and secure, offering one of the best pop-up blockers that I have discovered. Also good that you are able to sign in to Firefox, using any email address, and your browsing history and bookmarks will always be there when you log in - even if it's on a different device.

My company needs a reliable browser that is easy to learn. While Firefox is always making updates to improve, it never loads too many new upgrades at once - something that would confuse or overwhelm the average user. Firefox knows how to slowly implenient changes, which makes it one of our choices for internet browsing. This saves time and money that would have been spent learning a basically new system each time upgrades to Firefox are made. Another benefit is being able to log in to Firefox so that your browsing history, preferences and bookmarks are accessible on any device.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mozilla Firefox
Firefox review by <span>Shouhei M.</span>
Shouhei M.

The most Enterprise-friendly browser

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

This browser is enterprise friendly. We are able to create Corporate profiles and apply them to all of our end users. Because of this, we are able to maintain uniformity settings through-out and eliminate many of our issues that plagued individual profiles. I also like that the user interface is customizable to really make a personalized browsing experience. I also like the fact that we can enable/disable security features since we are working with legacy software and plugins, this level of customization helps up keep Firefox up to date while still able to let our older programs run through it with out any issues.

What do you dislike?

There is almost too many settings to keep track of within firefox, making it difficult to track down more advanced settings to configure. It does not have basic productivity features built in like Chrome, such as Flash, Java, and Google Docs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Firefox is a great enterprise-grade browser. It has numerous settings that are customizable and is easy to incorporate a corporate profile for use and uniformity.

Free software to use and customize. Replaces the outdated Internet Explorer for most of our browsing needs. While there are still old websites that require Internet explorer, I'm glad that those are very few and Firefox works for most sites that we use.

Our Core Financial System requires the use of firefox to run. Firefox is our primary browser for all business conducted. Firefox replaces Internet Explorer on all websites that we use that does not explicitly need Internet Explorer to run.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Browser solution do you use?

Firefox review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services
What do you like best?

Firefox is the browser that I always recommend to my coworkers. This is because it is the most compatible internet browser that I have found - and I have used several different browsers. When I'm unable to access a web page using other browsers or when other browsers aren't loading or compatible with the website that I'm trying to access, I always find success with Firefox. My new absolute favorite feature that became available with Firefox's latest update is the screen shot tool! That's right, Firefox has now built in a screen shot tool that allows you to capture anything on your browser/screen directly from Firefox! It is so easy and convenient - I no longer have to switch to another program to capture a screen shot of something on a website, I'm able to quickly take a shot without leaving the browser!

What do you dislike?

While I think it is great that Firefox is always improving and making updates, they can be quite annoying and time draining. I have found - more recently - that when I'm attempting to do work in Firefox or look something up, I'm delayed with a pop-up telling me that I need to download a Firefox update. Then, after I take the time to get the update, I'm forced to restart my browser for it to take effect. It even sometimes can cause Firefox to freeze on me and I'm forced to manually force close all of my open pages and restart what I was doing on Firefox from scratch. I wish that Firefox could give you the option to have it automatically update when you aren't actually in the

middle of using the browser. That would make it a lot more convenient and time saving!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Firefox for those people who have compatibility issues with their current Internet browser. I also recommend Firefox for those who find themselves frequently capturing screen shots of websites. Now the latest Firefox update includes a screen shot function, you're able to easily snap a screenshot without leaving the browser. Firefox also syncs with your Google account, making your frequented websites/your browsing history, accessible from any device. It also has a very reliable pop-up blocking feature. Overall, this would be the Internet browser I recommend over any.

Firefox has provided a huge benefit to our company since it is the only browser that is compatible with a lot

of the websites that my organization uses on almost a daily basis. We know that it is the one internet browser that we can rely on to set as our organizations manual default browser - meaning that when we click on internet links, they will automatically open in Firefox - because so many of the other internet browsers aren't compatible with our internal website or websites that we use often. Also, being in a position where I am always assisting people in accessing pages that are housed on one of our internal websites, I am able to confidently recommend that they use Firefox to access the website that they are having issues with on a different browser. In this way, Firefox has helped us solve a lot of website compatibility issues that are experienced when browsing using a different internet browser.

Firefox review by <span>Christin W.</span>
Christin W.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the way the screen is laid out. Everything is easy to find and very intuitive. I also enjoy that it works better than Internet Explorer, meaning, does not crash my system or leave me open to attacks the way Internet Explorer does.

What do you dislike?

While Firefox is better than Internet Explorer, it too suffers from the occasional system error. Also, after so many updates to your system, it can begin to run very slow during start-up or if a very complicated ad is trying to run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This in a great search engine. The installation is easy and fairly quick, and it is easy to maintain. The screen and controls are very intuitive, picking up just how it works was very easy.

I use Firefox on both my personal and my business computer. I find that the speed at which it gets me to the information I am seeking is great. I don't usually have to fight with the frozen screen and spinning wheel of a difficult to load screen. This is important as I sometimes need to move very quickly to meet deadlines and properly complete my job.

Firefox review by <span>Thomas H.</span>
Thomas H.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Everyone who use a web browser must have heard of firefox. It is very different from its predecessor netscape netvigator, and it had improved a lot. There are two things I like firefox the best. One is the support for third party plugins. At one of my workplace, I used vpn software to log in to the intranet to do work. I had installed the plugin for Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. They both do not work, and Firefox is the only one that works right away. The second reason I like is the Mozilla Firefox developer edition. It provides a very good user interface for devleper to improve the webpages. The tools it provides are very good, and it is comparable to the developer tools in Google Chrome.

What do you dislike?

Not much really. The browser uses to have a lot of problem in terms of memory usage, but they had spent the time to improve, and it had becomes of a lesser issue. It had improved a lot compare to the earlier version of Netscape netvigator. The tool has become more slick and user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install both the Firefox version for browsing and also the developer edition. You will love the tools!

Mainly used for testing the web application. It provides good tool to measure the performance of a webpage, and help resolve a lot of javascript errors. It also accomopanies a console where one can type javascript on the fly, which is very useful for prototyping.

Firefox review by <span>Avery S.</span>
Avery S.
What do you like best?

Firefox is my go-to browser. It's available on all the desktop OSes I've used *and* on Android devices too. It brought tabbed browsing into the world when every other browser just opened another window. It has a huge library of add-ons that range from simple tweaks to whole features. I'm a big fan of ad-blocking and of mouse gestures, both of which are easily downloaded from the centralized add-on site. On Windows, it silently updates itself so you don't need to go back to the downloads page ever again.

What do you dislike?

It is still a little bit laggy. Loading a new tab can sometimes briefly freeze all the other tabs if you have certain add-ons installed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, it's free! Pick some add-ons or themes you think you'll enjoy (like ad blocking, requiring HTTPS where available, and controlling your browser with mouse gestures) and give them a try. You'll never realize what you were missing until you add something and then find you can't go back without losing productivity.

I use Firefox as my web browser. I personalize it and make sure it gives me the (ad-free, secure, very tweakable) experience that you don't get from Internet Explorer.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Mozilla Firefox?

* We monitor all Mozilla Firefox reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.