Mozilla Firefox

Firefox Web Browser. We are Mozilla. Doing good is part of our code. Different by Design.

Work for Mozilla Firefox?

Learning about Firefox?

Mozilla Firefox Reviews

Showing 131 Firefox reviews
Firefox review by <span>Danson M.</span>
Danson M.

"Best browser and always keep getting better"

What do you like best?

I have been using Firefox for more than 5 years now. I tried several other browsers before I settled on Firefox. Its easy to use and have features such as shortcuts thats lets me access various functions by clicking a combination of buttons. I can also add addos and plugins that make my experience with Firefox very good.

What do you dislike?

I do not find anything that I do not like in Mozila Firefox. However, I would be happy if they provided video tutorials for the advance use of Mozila Firefox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mozilla firefox is a modern web browser to use when watching videos, reading emails, shopping, video calling, voice calling, chatting among other amazing features. It is also easy to add addons and plugins to customize the browser to suit you.

Mozila Firefox is my preffered browser for shopping, reading emails, reading news and downloading files.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mozilla Firefox
Firefox review by <span>Damien H.</span>
Damien H.

"Reliable, Secure Browser"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Firefox is that is is constantly upgrading to stay on top of the internet browser standards. It is continuously offering updates that increase its functionality. I also like the fact that Firefox is user friendly and customizable. It's continuous improvements prove that it is looking out for the best interests of its user. I also like the fact that it is a secure browser with a reliable pop-up blocker, allowing its users to customize the level of security.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the amount of crashes and slow loading of web pages that I experience with Firefox. While a lot of this has to do with its constant updates to improve the interface, it can prove to be quite a downfall. I also don't like Firefox's lack of integration - it only works with itself and it's add-ons - being able to integrate with other programs and applications - similar to several of its competing browsers - would be a good advance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Mozilla Firefox to those who seek an internet browser that is reliable and constantly upgrading to stay at level of or to advance beyond the level of its competition without its updates totally changing Firefox's look or feel. It is easy to navigate and secure, offering one of the best pop-up blockers that I have discovered. Also good that you are able to sign in to Firefox, using any email address, and your browsing history and bookmarks will always be there when you log in - even if it's on a different device.

My company needs a reliable browser that is easy to learn. While Firefox is always making updates to improve, it never loads too many new upgrades at once - something that would confuse or overwhelm the average user. Firefox knows how to slowly implenient changes, which makes it one of our choices for internet browsing. This saves time and money that would have been spent learning a basically new system each time upgrades to Firefox are made. Another benefit is being able to log in to Firefox so that your browsing history, preferences and bookmarks are accessible on any device.

What Browser solution do you use?

Firefox review by <span>Jose David M.</span>
Jose David M.

"A browser whit own intelligent "

What do you like best?

this browser is excellent, it can help improve the experience in the network in 5 years with the new updates it is one of the most popular a useful browser in the market now i an tell you guys the plugins in it , the features is so great, an the quickly when it can open pages waow the cahe is so useful i thing it can read your mind hahaha belive me is the best opcion rigth now.

What do you dislike?

I do not find anything that I do not like in Mozila Firefox. However, I would be happy if they provided much more information of the plugins an what can i do whit this browser such as, the translate funtion and webside main code, this funtions we can used but no have information about then, maybe a tutorial for begginers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Firefox is extremely useful and easy-to-use. If you haven't used Firefox in some time, give it a try and you'll be surprised by how much it has improved.I would be happy if they provided much more information of the plugins an what can i do whit this browser such as, the translate funtion and webside main code, this funtions we can used but no have information about then, maybe a tutorial for begginers.

yap I do literally everything with Firefox, from using the inbox, to every other online app. Because its fast and light, Firefox is extremely comfortable to use, and is the better option for go on in the network.

Firefox review by <span>Richard G.</span>
Richard G.

" Firefox your best option"

What do you like best?

Firefox I like it because it is a pretty nice and easy to use browser, its physical appearance, its icon, I can also save many pages as favorites and then have access to it very quickly and efficiently, I can also copy and send links with ease .

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is usually a bit slow, but the rest is quite effective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have several problems with other browsers, Firefox is an excellent option to do your research.

firefox is the best thing to open pages that other browsers do not load, this is my main browser and I trust faithfully in it.

Firefox review by <span>Shouhei M.</span>
Shouhei M.

"The most Enterprise-friendly browser "

What do you like best?

This browser is enterprise friendly. We are able to create Corporate profiles and apply them to all of our end users. Because of this, we are able to maintain uniformity settings through-out and eliminate many of our issues that plagued individual profiles. I also like that the user interface is customizable to really make a personalized browsing experience. I also like the fact that we can enable/disable security features since we are working with legacy software and plugins, this level of customization helps up keep Firefox up to date while still able to let our older programs run through it with out any issues.

What do you dislike?

There is almost too many settings to keep track of within firefox, making it difficult to track down more advanced settings to configure. It does not have basic productivity features built in like Chrome, such as Flash, Java, and Google Docs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Firefox is a great enterprise-grade browser. It has numerous settings that are customizable and is easy to incorporate a corporate profile for use and uniformity.

Free software to use and customize. Replaces the outdated Internet Explorer for most of our browsing needs. While there are still old websites that require Internet explorer, I'm glad that those are very few and Firefox works for most sites that we use.

Our Core Financial System requires the use of firefox to run. Firefox is our primary browser for all business conducted. Firefox replaces Internet Explorer on all websites that we use that does not explicitly need Internet Explorer to run.

Firefox review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"The Internet Browser that I Always Recommend "

What do you like best?

Firefox is the browser that I always recommend to my coworkers. This is because it is the most compatible internet browser that I have found - and I have used several different browsers. When I'm unable to access a web page using other browsers or when other browsers aren't loading or compatible with the website that I'm trying to access, I always find success with Firefox. My new absolute favorite feature that became available with Firefox's latest update is the screen shot tool! That's right, Firefox has now built in a screen shot tool that allows you to capture anything on your browser/screen directly from Firefox! It is so easy and convenient - I no longer have to switch to another program to capture a screen shot of something on a website, I'm able to quickly take a shot without leaving the browser!

What do you dislike?

While I think it is great that Firefox is always improving and making updates, they can be quite annoying and time draining. I have found - more recently - that when I'm attempting to do work in Firefox or look something up, I'm delayed with a pop-up telling me that I need to download a Firefox update. Then, after I take the time to get the update, I'm forced to restart my browser for it to take effect. It even sometimes can cause Firefox to freeze on me and I'm forced to manually force close all of my open pages and restart what I was doing on Firefox from scratch. I wish that Firefox could give you the option to have it automatically update when you aren't actually in the

middle of using the browser. That would make it a lot more convenient and time saving!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Firefox for those people who have compatibility issues with their current Internet browser. I also recommend Firefox for those who find themselves frequently capturing screen shots of websites. Now the latest Firefox update includes a screen shot function, you're able to easily snap a screenshot without leaving the browser. Firefox also syncs with your Google account, making your frequented websites/your browsing history, accessible from any device. It also has a very reliable pop-up blocking feature. Overall, this would be the Internet browser I recommend over any.

Firefox has provided a huge benefit to our company since it is the only browser that is compatible with a lot

of the websites that my organization uses on almost a daily basis. We know that it is the one internet browser that we can rely on to set as our organizations manual default browser - meaning that when we click on internet links, they will automatically open in Firefox - because so many of the other internet browsers aren't compatible with our internal website or websites that we use often. Also, being in a position where I am always assisting people in accessing pages that are housed on one of our internal websites, I am able to confidently recommend that they use Firefox to access the website that they are having issues with on a different browser. In this way, Firefox has helped us solve a lot of website compatibility issues that are experienced when browsing using a different internet browser.

Firefox review by <span>Anand S.</span>
Anand S.

"Mozilla is one of the most independent browsers in the market today."

What do you like best?

Unlike other browsers backed by advertising platforms, Firefox has been independent and does not share your behavior with advertisers. Privacy coupled with some strong plugins make it easy for us to blind advertisers trying to manipulate us. The application is also smooth on most laptops and common specification hardware on both non-touch screen and touchscreen devices.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes feels a bit old school on the android compared to competitors as it does not leverage the gestures and mobile specific features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommend using Mozilla for most Windows and Linux machines in the office or on personal machines.

I use firefox to keep my logins in sync as well as to collaborate my tasks on different devices. It works better than chrome and does not consume much battery compared to the default

Firefox review by <span>Christin W.</span>
Christin W.

"A lot less glitchy than Internet Explorer."

What do you like best?

I like the way the screen is laid out. Everything is easy to find and very intuitive. I also enjoy that it works better than Internet Explorer, meaning, does not crash my system or leave me open to attacks the way Internet Explorer does.

What do you dislike?

While Firefox is better than Internet Explorer, it too suffers from the occasional system error. Also, after so many updates to your system, it can begin to run very slow during start-up or if a very complicated ad is trying to run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This in a great search engine. The installation is easy and fairly quick, and it is easy to maintain. The screen and controls are very intuitive, picking up just how it works was very easy.

I use Firefox on both my personal and my business computer. I find that the speed at which it gets me to the information I am seeking is great. I don't usually have to fight with the frozen screen and spinning wheel of a difficult to load screen. This is important as I sometimes need to move very quickly to meet deadlines and properly complete my job.

Firefox review by <span>Angela B.</span>
Angela B.

"A better browser"

What do you like best?

Over time, Firefox has become a great alternative to Chrome, making a decision to move to it a much easier one. Firefox is fast and much less resource hungry browser. Overall, very good.

What do you dislike?

Unlike Google Chrome, Firefox has a weaker ecosystem of apps and extensions. A big part of chrome extensions are supported, but still not all of them which is a shame.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do literally everything with Firefox, from using the inbox, to every other online app. Because its fast and light, Firefox is extremely comfortable to use.

Firefox review by <span>Thomas H.</span>
Thomas H.

"One of the best browsers out there!"

What do you like best?

Everyone who use a web browser must have heard of firefox. It is very different from its predecessor netscape netvigator, and it had improved a lot. There are two things I like firefox the best. One is the support for third party plugins. At one of my workplace, I used vpn software to log in to the intranet to do work. I had installed the plugin for Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. They both do not work, and Firefox is the only one that works right away. The second reason I like is the Mozilla Firefox developer edition. It provides a very good user interface for devleper to improve the webpages. The tools it provides are very good, and it is comparable to the developer tools in Google Chrome.

What do you dislike?

Not much really. The browser uses to have a lot of problem in terms of memory usage, but they had spent the time to improve, and it had becomes of a lesser issue. It had improved a lot compare to the earlier version of Netscape netvigator. The tool has become more slick and user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install both the Firefox version for browsing and also the developer edition. You will love the tools!

Mainly used for testing the web application. It provides good tool to measure the performance of a webpage, and help resolve a lot of javascript errors. It also accomopanies a console where one can type javascript on the fly, which is very useful for prototyping.

Firefox review by <span>Avery S.</span>
Avery S.

"The web browser that started with tabs and kept going"

What do you like best?

Firefox is my go-to browser. It's available on all the desktop OSes I've used *and* on Android devices too. It brought tabbed browsing into the world when every other browser just opened another window. It has a huge library of add-ons that range from simple tweaks to whole features. I'm a big fan of ad-blocking and of mouse gestures, both of which are easily downloaded from the centralized add-on site. On Windows, it silently updates itself so you don't need to go back to the downloads page ever again.

What do you dislike?

It is still a little bit laggy. Loading a new tab can sometimes briefly freeze all the other tabs if you have certain add-ons installed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, it's free! Pick some add-ons or themes you think you'll enjoy (like ad blocking, requiring HTTPS where available, and controlling your browser with mouse gestures) and give them a try. You'll never realize what you were missing until you add something and then find you can't go back without losing productivity.

I use Firefox as my web browser. I personalize it and make sure it gives me the (ad-free, secure, very tweakable) experience that you don't get from Internet Explorer.

Firefox review by <span>Maryna I.</span>
Maryna I.

"Good and fast browser"

What do you like best?

I'm mostly a Google Chrome user, but Firefox turned out as a great secondary browser. It's fast, reliable a generally easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The extensions ecosystem is better on Chrome. Also, if you're using Android, it's just more comfortable to use with one Google account to sync all data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good as a secondary browser. Consider if you value performance and speed.

Great for fast researches and work with most online services and apps.

Firefox review by <span>Janene S.</span>
Janene S.

"One of the Best Browsers on the Market"

What do you like best?

Firefox was so frequently my go-to browser for years, until it became such a resource hog that I switched over to Chrome, on,y to switch back when testing browser compatibility issues for our websites. My favorite thing about Chrome was the extensive library of add-ones and plugins, many, though not all of which are also to be found on Chrome. Firefox also seems to be more willing to cut out the middle man on some functions, such as the simple right click and save image options that is absent from Chrome.

I also like Mozilla's various documentation designed to provide guidance for seasoned and aspiring developers, alike. And it's availability as an app on iOS mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

As said before, Firefox is an absolute resource hog. I need a browser that can generally run fast and efficiently, and Firefox, particularly in recent years, regularly failed to do just that. It is a drain both on the CPU and the battery. It crashes often. And, the barrage of updates are a nuisance. I also find myself frequently running into situations where Firefox simply isn't compatible with certain tasks I.e., that some websites function better in other browsers (usually Chrome).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Firefox is free to install and use, and is really quite a powerful browser. Don't just kick the tires, investigate if there are additional features that can improve your browsing experience.

In general, accessing the Internet is a given for any business. I had initially been loyal to Firefox once Internet Explorer became more and more unstable. That was years ago. As I said before, my favorite feature are the add-ones and plugins such as tracker blockers, audio and video file converters, bookmark menu expansions, productivity boosters, and even enhancements for particular websites. Were it not for the problem with the browser being so inefficient, it would be the first browser I would use for everything.

Firefox review by User in Executive Office
User in Executive Office

"Simply the BEST! I won't use anything else!!"

What do you like best?

This is the safest browser out there! This is constantly updated & improved! The effort that goes in to keeping it the best is 2nd to none! I was referred to FireFox years ago after a Serious virus was rapidly eating data! I have NEVER looked back or taken even a thought of another browser!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Absolutely nothing! Again - the effort that goes into constantly improving FF is incredible! I don't have issues that I am always hearing others & other businesses complain about! I have referred it to MANY individuals as well as businesses!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have referred 100's of people & companies to use FF!

I would not use any other!

Reasons why:

Speed

Accuracy

Safety

Performance

Simplicity

Features Galore

Personalization

Safety - For my internet, research & data!

Speed - Always great!

Performance - Always has been awesome!

Secure - I can sleep!

Firefox review by <span>Ticia L.</span>
Ticia L.

"Great Browser "

What do you like best?

I like that it is fast and easy to use. It has some great features that you can customize.

What do you dislike?

If you have a problem it is very difficult to get Firefox customer service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great browser that runs fast and effectively. You will not be disappointed with this browser. The simple design makes it easy to use. It has customizable menus and works on many platforms. Firefox’s interface is well organized, uncluttered and intuitive, which makes navigation easy.

Since it runs so quickly it makes using the internet very easy. It is also very nice to be able to search in a private mode.

Firefox review by <span>Giuseppe A.</span>
Giuseppe A.

"Great browser but could be better"

What do you like best?

The browser is ok, powerfull flexible and customizable. I Use it as sw developer and I find it very usefull, i prefer is as chrome.

What do you dislike?

Some expect could be better: memory consuption is vary bad. Javascript engine is not soo fast. After intensive use, sometimes it creshes and after that i have to stop the process by task manager. At the end, stability could be better

Recommendations to others considering the product

Improve performance, expecially in ram consuption and javascript engine.

I use it daily as software FE developer. Firebug is a great extention, but even the builtin utilities ar e good.

Firefox review by <span>Mast S.</span>
Mast S.

"Before we got the Mozilla Firefox update"

What do you like best?

Before we got the Mozilla Firefox update, we felt great,I love a lot

What do you dislike?

Since Mozilla Firefox has been updated, it has not been good since then millions of people have reduced the usage and there is a request from our whole team that they upload the old version, or people are looking good to see it. To use only, this little thing looks very different. Some functions that are not working Some software that has stopped working in Mozilla Firefox We have a complete request from the company that it uploads the old version, thanks guys.

in Business Line

Firefox review by <span>Bruce F.</span>
Bruce F.

"The Most Customization "

What do you like best?

This has the best options for add ons/extensions that enable a lot of functionality that can not find on other browsers. It has a lot of features that are hard to get in others. So many settings are open to change.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit cluttered and the changes they have made can get a person lost easily when there are UI updates. The planned change to add ons will not be good as that is what keeps this a great browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and get to know what it all has and what it can do for you.

This is the last one that does add ons with a ton of power and run plug ins that offers more compatibility than others. It is easy to install for people and manage,

Firefox review by <span>Tella J.</span>
Tella J.

"Excellent Product "

What do you like best?

Fast boot time

Awesome features

Easy to use and understand

Excellent security for browsing the web and does a great job protecting you against viruses, spyware, malware, and Pop-ups. Private browsing is an awesome tool which allows you to browse in secrecy.

Smart Location bar

Great browser for advanced or beginner users

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that it is very difficult to reach support I would almost say it is impossible to reach them if needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend easier access to support team

Virus, Spyware, and Malware protection. We just had something hit our server and shut down entire company. So we are looking at better protection from every angle.

Firefox review by <span>Michelle L.</span>
Michelle L.

"The ONLY browser I'll use"

What do you like best?

Out of all the web browsers on the market, including the new one called Microsoft Edge (which by the way sucks, don't use it), FireFox is the only one I use. Firefox adapts to new software such as Windows 10. Its constantly upgrading so you always have a great user experience. FireFox has add-ons which are extra little apps built into the software that can help when surfing the web. For instance Ad-block. And Ghostery. These work in the background and take away all that crappy user ads crap that you see on facebook for instance. They block websites that try to add cookies to track you and a whole slew of other awesome things. Firefox has Persona's too. That is kinda like making Firefox your own. There are literally thousands of themes to choose from too. You can also incorporate whatever search engine you want too. I use FireFox, but I use Google for searching. FireFox is peer reviewed and non-profit which makes it all the better. Firefox is user friendly. No complicated things to learn or documents to read until you pull your hair out. Really. This is the best browser and I'll never use anything else.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I know I have to say something here but seriously, nothing. I love Firefox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like the rest of the world since Windows 10 came out, Microsoft Edge came with it. For the love of God, get rid of that browser. Trust me, it will be the best thing you did. Edge has so many glitches and errors and blank screens and everything else to give you a headache for a week. Don't use it!

Easy of use, I use Firefox for personal use and I use it at work. I use it on my tablet too. And my travel work computer. Its everywhere I go.

Firefox review by <span>Jacopo V.</span>
Jacopo V.

"Firefox review"

What do you like best?

Plugins are various and very useful, it is open source, it is pretty fast.

It is complaints with almost all HTML standards

What do you dislike?

It definitely uses a lot of resources, it drains ram and processor

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just pay attention opening many tabs and installing many plugins as it will slow down your computer

I can debug very well websites, it's is pretty much HTML standard compliant and all new url features (tags, css pseudo-classes) are well supported

Firefox review by <span>Stjepan M.</span>
Stjepan M.

"The Best Browser Out There"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, the ability to enhance the browser with multiple plugins, less issues with javascript than the other browsers. All the benefits of the browser greatly goes over the flaws.

What do you dislike?

Memory leak (the huge amount of memory used if FF is used for a while), this is the works thing that is happening to this browser, and I'm not sure why it's not fixed. I'm working 8+ hours in Firefox and it can get up to 4GB of used RAM

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a reliable browser, fast and stable use Firefox.

My company works with cloud CRM, and we are using browsers, Firefox is proven to be most reliable and fast of them all (Chrome is close second).

Firefox review by <span>Lauren H.</span>
Lauren H.

"Just don't say it's "just a browser""

What do you like best?

Firefox has some of the best add-ons available. I use Easy Copy and it has saved me countless hours over the years.

What do you dislike?

Every once in awhile, you will come across a website where some functionalities don't work when you're using Firefox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore the add-one available- they're awesome!

Keeping track of sources is so much easier when using Firefox + Easy copy. Now whenever I want to cote something, I copy it with easy copy and a link to the source page comes right along with the quoted text.

Firefox review by <span>Erin H.</span>
Erin H.

"Second Best Browser"

What do you like best?

Everything works on Firefox! I work specifically with an in-house system that works best on Firefox, simply because Firefox was the easiest for our tech team to work with. Everything that we needed our in-house system to do was possible through Firefox when other browsers like Internet Explorer and Safari had glitches.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately for Firefox, the growing presence of Chrome is threatening. Firefox has nothing particularly wrong with it besides the fact that it is not as attractive or well-known as Chrome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great browser with nothing you don't need. It may not have the frills of Google Chrome, but it also does not have the compatibility issues of Safari or Internet Explorer.

Firefox has allowed our system to function well for many years now! Without Firefox, most of what I do would be much more difficult and our tech team would be spending a lot more time working out glitches.

Firefox review by <span>Marco Antonio P.</span>
Marco Antonio P.

"One of the best internet browser of the web"

What do you like best?

This software has a great interface and a good performance, it comes with Phishing protection and pop-up blocking and tracking protection.

Is very easy to manage cached passwords.

What do you dislike?

The only problem with Mozilla is that doesn't provide live support

Mozila Firefox is my browser navigate the web pages, reading emails and news, is fast and reliable.

Firefox review by G2 Crowd User in Entertainment
G2 Crowd User in Entertainment

"Firefox Out Performs the Competition"

What do you like best?

User friendly platform that is open source.

What do you dislike?

Unlike Chrome, Firefox is not sandboxed for additional security

Recommendations to others considering the product

If security is an issue, recent reports have shown that all web browsers are vulnerable to attacks. Firefox offers ease of use, plug-in's and add-ons that enhance the product, and is open source, allowing for a wide range of personal tweaks to satisfy even the neediest browser.

We were trying to find a web browser that was fast enough to handle our needs, but stable enough to rely on it when information was needed quickly.

Firefox review by <span>Cassondra J.</span>
Cassondra J.

"good browser"

What do you like best?

great browser. never really had any issues with it. better than explorer.

What do you dislike?

crashes sometimes, wish it was more integrated like chrome.

browsing the internet and accessing websites

Firefox review by User

"mozilla is easy to use and virus safe"

What do you like best?

Mozilla seem to have a better lay out of their page for ease of use

What do you dislike?

there would seem to be more bugs than internet explorer

Recommendations to others considering the product

Beware of bugs and viruses, please use an anti virus with this

I use this tool for all of my work in general. It solves my daily questions and saves me time

Firefox review by User in Internet

"Fast browser that is controlled by me (not a big corporation)"

What do you like best?

It's very fast (as of version 57 and up) and I can do anything I want with it. Mozilla is a non-profit organization that produces this browser for me to use as I wish, not to turn me into a drone of some big corporation with other interests.

What do you dislike?

Some extensions don't yet work with Firefox 57+.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It had gotten slow and clunky. With version 57 that has all changed - it is excellent now.

I want to browse the web without being spied on or told what I can and cannot do.

Firefox review by <span>Jessica M. G.</span>
Jessica M. G.

"My Go-To Web Browser"

What do you like best?

I like the tabs and quick bookmarks that appear at the top of the screen.

What do you dislike?

There are some websites that just work better with Internet Explorer (but not many).

Legal research.

Firefox review by <span>James G.</span>
James G.

"Firefox the Ever Evolving"

What do you like best?

While it may no longer be the standout pioneer platform it once was, Firefox still morphs ahead at a rapid rate. If you have any complaint about Firefox, odds are it is being addressed right now. Even though it's not necessarily behind, Firefox is constantly playing catchup with its competition. Mozilla has also been an outspoken advocate for net neutrality and user privacy. The foundation's unique structure allows the browser's development to flow in the direction of "good for the internet" and not "good for the company." Add that on top of the fact that Firefox is a very customizable browser with a shiny clean interface and you've got yourself a real solid internet experience.

What do you dislike?

Firefox is a rock. It is a safe and strong browser, but along with that comes a lot of weight- it is a resource hog and not quite as zippy as Google's counterpart. However, as I mentioned earlier, Mozilla has taken great strides to address these complaints and Firefox continually gets lighter and lighter.

I did notice more crashes when Firefox jumped from version 20.0 to 30.0, especially in conjunction with flash. Yet, sure enough over time, I've experienced fewer and fewer hangs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Firefox is definitely an upgrade form Explorer or Opera. The big question is how The Fox stands up to Chrome. For me, the differences between browsers are so minute that I would say if you've used one in the past, stick with it. The benefits are probably not worth the migration time.

Your browser is the core of your internet experience. Whether you're seeking information, downloading new software, corresponding via email, it all flows through your browser. Explorer seems to chug along and Chrome is iffy for it's connections to Google, while Firefox just offers such a tight experience and safe environment.

Firefox review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"Firefox"

What do you like best?

I like that Firefox is constantly improving itself. It used to be the only tabbed browser and rested on its laurels, but it's continued to improve itself. I also like all the extensions that they are constantly adding to their surface.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit slower than Chrome, so I wish it was a little bit faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. Compare it with Chrome. See if it meets your needs.

None at the moment. We have switched from this to Google Chrome.

Firefox review by <span>Mandy N.</span>
Mandy N.

"Use for both personal and professional browsing"

What do you like best?

Clean, simple, easy to customize. Firefox does it all.

What do you dislike?

Firefox does not play well with Flash, and has a tendency to crash unexpectedly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to stay on top of the updates

I use Firefox as my default browser to streamline my internet needs at work.

Firefox review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"It is reliable and a good search engine"

What do you like best?

It is updating and trying to keep up with the new generation, It works quickly and has a good layout and look.

What do you dislike?

Not much I dont like, I have run into a few issues where firefox hasnt opened certain website or slows, so I switch to Chrome.

Its search engine does its job, it works quickly and suffiently. The design is well thought out.

Firefox review by <span>Arvind K.</span>
Arvind K.

"User Of Mozilla"

What do you like best?

I like the defaults addon's and safety features that comes along with Mozilla

What do you dislike?

Mozilla should allow users to select the add-on they want to use while installing Mozilla. Which I feel, is currently missing. This feature of adding add-on on the go while installing could solve many problems for the developer's.

I have been using mozilla firefox for my application testing and also as base for application development.

Firefox review by <span>Sam M.</span>
Sam M.

"My 2nd Browser of choice"

What do you like best?

With the update to Firefox 30.0, Firefox took a giant leap in both looks and performance. It does now look a lot more like Chrome, but the overall performance has improved dramatically over previous version. Firefox used to be a giant memory sink, but with this latest iteration, it has improved drastically. One running instance of the program was only using 100,000KB of memory whereas before, version 28.0 as an example, was using north of 250,000KB. This is a large improvement and one that I have liked the most.

The 2nd best thing has been the overall performance. Firefox has always been a decent browser and was even my go-to before Chrome really found its stride. I use it when I have ran out of Chrome instances and I need to be able to log into a system more than a few times simultaneously.

What do you dislike?

This is a bit of an overarching dislike, but having the difference of 32-bit and 64-bit offerings. For most, this wouldn't even be on the radar, but with 64-bit applications being able to take advantage of higher end hardware, it is nice to have.

My main complain with Firefox specifically has been it's lack of integration. It is a third party solution which is nice that it is carving its own niche out, but it also means there's no integration outside of itself and add-ons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Firefox has come a long way since it was a resource hog and is the browser of choice when Chrome has either been updated with a poor release version, or I have ran out of instances of the browser. Would I pick Firefox over Chrome or vice versa? No, both are on the same level for most, but Chrome has been faster and my personal preference.

Firefox is nice to have when I have ran out of instances of Chrome as it is my 2nd browser of choice. Firefox isn't as fast as Chrome, but it handles nearly everything the average user. I haven't been able to test it's GPU acceleration yet, so I'm unable to fully test that on the newest version. The older versions didn't take full advantage, but it did a decent enough job.

Firefox review by <span>Ashish L.</span>
Ashish L.

"Nice Browser..!!"

What do you like best?

Firefox browser provides lots of good features free of cost. I like very much the 3D view features of Firefox. The element inspection process of Firefox is fabulous.

What do you dislike?

Developer console is not so friendly for developers, need to improve it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You must use this browser for better performance and user friendly UI.

We are using Firefox browser for daily debugging process. For better and fast net surfing.

Firefox review by User in Information Technology and Services

"The best business class browser"

What do you like best?

it is much more memory and CPU optimized comparing it to Safari/Edge/Chrome

it has the most powerful history and universal history search mechanism

What do you dislike?

Need to periodically clear cookies+cache in order to keep browser in top shape

other than that, there is nothing to be improved with the browser

Recommendations to others considering the product

use it

browsers are becoming more and more ubiquitous : everything runs in a browser.

web based apps, surfing internet, etc

Firefox review by <span>Jeff S.</span>
Jeff S.

"Great browser"

What do you like best?

Not heavy laden browser. Simple to use quick and responsive.

What do you dislike?

Can be difficult to add options and configure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Got robust brower that is free

Cost is minimal

Firefox review by User

"A very average browser "

What do you like best?

It doesn’t take up too much memory. Also, it’s not very slow.

What do you dislike?

I feel that Firefox is more prone to computer viruses. Also, there are certain websites that I cannot open in Firefox because they are not supported in this browser.

I have predominantly used Firefox for browsing the Internet.

Firefox review by <span>Bill M.</span>
Bill M.

"Once was the king of browsers, but has been dethroned"

What do you like best?

Firefox is wonderfully customizable. There are tons of themes and options to make it look and run the way you want it.

What do you dislike?

It seems like with every update, Firefox becomes more prone to crashing. That indicates to me that Mozilla pushes out updates before they're ready, and that's rarely a good idea.

My work requires a browser that can handle fairly heavy Internet use. Firefox used to be that browser, but lately, it's gone downhill. It's still light years ahead of Internet Explorer in terms of quality and ease of use, but Google Chrome has proven to be more reliable, at least lately.

Firefox review by <span>Chris P.</span>
Chris P.

"Ideal Internet Browser"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Mozilla Firefox makes navigating and browsing easy and quick due to its find-on-page function. This feature is sleek and non-intrusive way to allow you the ease of finding a word or phrase on a particular webpage. Firefox has this feature right on the bottom of the browser window so you don’t have to mess with pop-up windows. The internet browser also has a voice interaction add-on to allow for browser searching on the internet by using voice commands.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that Mozilla Firefox voice interaction is an add-on that is not built in the browser. So far that is the only dislike that i have been able to notice or have a convenience dislike towards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Mozilla Firefox meets my requirements so far.

- Its ease of use is very user friendly and I have had no problems using Firefox.

- I have not sought the need for support for Mozilla FIrefox, with that said should say alot about the convenience of the browser.

From my experience I have not solved any business problems or realized any benefits.

Firefox review by <span>Brittany T.</span>
Brittany T.

"My browser of choice for work "

What do you like best?

I love the ease of fire fox as a browser. It is easy to use and learn, all of the features of fire fox make sense and it is easy to develop to.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like the plugins that come standard so I am always sure to get rid of those first thing when I start using a new updated version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Overall the browser is solid and worth using! I would highly recommend fire fox for a great web browsing experience at work

I love that fire fox is always improving and when they do improve the browser it is not a whole new version. They understand how to slowly implement changes and not overwhelm the user with a whole new set of tools that are unexplained.

Firefox review by <span>Tori G.</span>
Tori G.

"Why Mozilla is my go to browser."

What do you like best?

I like most that I am able to open conversations from notifications in facebook. I also appreciate the speed of mozilla. Compared to the other browser I used the most before it, Mozilla is super fast AND reliable!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I cannot work in two different gmail accounts at once... I have to open another browser to do that. I think that's likely more a gmail issue than a mozilla one, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mozilla is far better than the other options I've tried. I highly recommend it!

I wasn't able to work in my back office of my primary money making effort with the browser I used to favor. Mozilla enables me to access my back office, which is VERY helpful and sometimes necessary. I couldn't run my business very well without it!

Firefox review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Nice browser for those that are wary of Google/Chrome"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, library of plugins, company independence. When I stopped using IE and Safari (with my Mac), the first browser I downloaded was Firefox. It's also fantastic for people who might be wary of the whole "Big Brother" aspect associated with Chrome.

What do you dislike?

I actually switched from Firefox recently once it started crashing more and more. Every now and then I'll go back to it, but the crashing is what turned me off of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great browser if you want to support an independent company, but don't want to necessarily be tied into the Google ecosystem.

At any given time, I run about 20 browser tabs. I run a combination of email, web apps (e.g. SM/SEO management tools, Google Docs) and other content.

Firefox review by <span>Avni S.</span>
Avni S.

"Best Browser to use!"

What do you like best?

Unlike internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox loads pages faster and blocks pop ups better than chrome/explorer combined. I think security wise, its effective in blocking out malicious websites from obtaining data. Saving bookmarks and creating tabs for your favorite sites on the browser is a great feature.

What do you dislike?

I cant say I dislike anything. This browser has been effective for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking for a fast and efficient web browser, you can't go wrong with Mozilla!

Benefits include safer web browsing, more security, pages load faster, and just the fact that it's one of the top browsers to use in the world reaffirms my decision to use this product.

Firefox review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"My backup browser"

What do you like best?

I have a few apps that have very nifty Firefox add-ons that pushed me to this browser. I was surprised to see how many add-ons they had in the Mozilla store. It's a fast enough browser for most purposes. It's much better than Safari and a world better than IE.

What do you dislike?

It's not as fast and efficient as Chrome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare it to Chrome, checkout the add-on store and see which ones have the tools you need. Personally, I prefer to have several browsers at my disposal and Firefox is a must have.

I have a couple SaaS applications that I use that were built for Firefox.

Firefox review by <span>Christopher E.</span>
Christopher E.

"The Premier Web Browser With Lots of Flexibility"

What do you like best?

For me, Firefox just makes the most intuitive sense in terms of ease-of-use and the aesthetics of its design layout. It loads pages at reasonable speeds and has LOTS of ad-ons available out there to make your life and web browsing experience significantly easier. Mozilla is a non-profit company (unlike the owners of all of its main competitors), which means that its products are far more open to innovation and improvements by others. I like that!

Finally, while many people consider the frequent software updates to be a disadvantage, I consider it a strength. When it comes to Internet security, you want to make sure you´re on the cutting edge and always updated with the newest and best technology. That is where Firefox is!

What do you dislike?

Firefox can be slower at loading SOME pages than Google Chrome, so it´s nice to have Chrome as a complement. From time to time, Firefox also freezes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Firefox and Google Chrome are both far superior to every other web browser out there. I personally recommend that you get both because each has its own advantages and some websites may be optimized for one or the other. My personal preference between the two is Firefox, though, but a lot of it has to do with style and what you find, personally, is easier to use.

Firefox review by <span>Jeff L.</span>
Jeff L.

"Mozilla Firefox Review"

What do you like best?

Firefox has always been my browser of choice on Windows machines. Not only is it more secure from hackers, but it's also been a leading-edge browser with regard to the feature set offered in the UI. Personalization is easy. Extensibility is easy with numerous available plug-ins.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the plug-ins don't keep pace with the browser update versions, causing page load issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has always been my favorite browser since it's introduction. I even use it on my Mac instead of Safari.

Secure, reliable browsing for the corporate environment. Much more secure than Windows Explorer.

Firefox review by <span>Neha K.</span>
Neha K.

"Mozilla Firefox"

What do you like best?

Browsing made quick and easy. I like how I can arrange and organize my bookmarks. I can make bookmarks as different tabs. It's a reliable browser.

What do you dislike?

Constant updating of plugins can be a headache.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe Mozilla is a good counterpart to chrome and it is recommended by me.

Browsing the web in an safe and efficient manner. The browser hardly crashes for me.

Firefox review by <span>Victor C.</span>
Victor C.

"My "Go To" browser"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and fast browser. I like that I can "sync" my bookmarks across devices. It allows me to have a consistent experience across any computer.

What do you dislike?

I struggle to come up with something that I don't like. If anything, their lack of a mobile browser is a bit disappointing.

No real business problem. Ease of surfing the web and doing what I need.

Firefox review by <span>Alejandro A. C.</span>
Alejandro A. C.

"Great backup browser"

What do you like best?

I was kind of used to IE and lately to Safari, but I have to admit in terms of compatibility and ease of use, Firefox has always been the "steady cousin". As compared to Chrome, it's better at using resources. Have you ever noticed on the Program Task Pane when you run google chrome that it has a lot of lines there, eating up your memory? Firefox doesn't do so, so you can have various open windows of it, and use it, and still be able to go through your outlook mail or other "heavy-on-the-memory" program of your choice.

What do you dislike?

Crashes down when an add-in or plug-in or similar doesn't work out. It just crashed down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free and it's always good to have a backup browser!

Firefox review by <span>Daniel L.</span>
Daniel L.

"Firefox did what Netscape failed to do - we are all indebted to the Mozilla community"

What do you like best?

Their excellence years back gave Microsoft the push to improve their browser to compete. The Mozilla community strongly advocates for a free and open world-wide web, which is great. Plugins took a leap forward with Firefox. The plugin quality and variety has been second-to-none on Firefox for quite some time.

What do you dislike?

There can be some inconsistency in performance, particularly when running on different OS environments. However, entrenched interests (Microsoft and Apple) probably want to keep it that way. Sometimes plugin stability can cause Firefox to crash - it could be better sand-boxed sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add it to your browser line-up, but don't leave out the others that are also popular (IE, Chrome, Safari, etc.).

Firefox review by <span>Jenny P.</span>
Jenny P.

"A good web browser."

What do you like best?

I like that I can move my bookmark pages over from IE. By doing this initially with set up I didn't have to go back and rebook mark everything!

What do you dislike?

Some pages don't respond to mozilla in the same way that they respond to IE, Chrome, or Safari.

We often recommend Safari when our our clients are having trouble with our web portal. It's a good back up web browser.

Firefox review by <span>Daniel B.</span>
Daniel B.

"Gotta love the fox"

What do you like best?

Firefox, like chrome is heavily focused around open source innovation and novelty. Also included with Firefox is a sync service for all your information. Unlike chrome, you have to set-up a specific account just for Firefox sync.

What do you dislike?

My biggest annoyance is the fact that you have to set-up an account for firefox sync, while chrome can just use your google account. It is much easier and quicker.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Firefox is one of the best browsers to handle multi tab browsing. If you constantly have 5+ tabs open when your online, firefox is gonna be the less resource hungry and more capable broswer for you.

Firefox review by <span>Flavio M.</span>
Flavio M.

"So flexible and powerful!"

What do you like best?

The developer tools are really powerful. The flexibility around addons and plugins also make Firefox one of the most flexible browsers in the market.

What do you dislike?

One thing I really didn't like was around iFrames, where Firefox was blocking them for security reasons and I could disable this functionality.

It really helps me develop sites and understand technologies behind the best sites available on internet.

Firefox review by <span>Jon J.</span>
Jon J.

"A very useful browser for developers. Very many development addons available."

What do you like best?

The thing I like most about firefox is the addon firebug. Chrome's inspect element seems to be OK, but as far as navigating through code firebug is a lot easier to use. That's seriously one of the only reasons I would choose firefox over chrome.

What do you dislike?

The options you can get with chrome in regards to mobile device support are fantastic and I sure wish firefox had something similar. the ability to sign in and create bookmarks and saved passwords and then have that sync to all your devices in chrome is amazing. Maybe there is this option in firefox and I just haven't found it, but if I haven't found it then maybe that is something firefox needs to market and advertise more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure and scope out the many many addons that are available for firefox.

Firefox review by <span>Sapna P.</span>
Sapna P.

"My go to browser!"

What do you like best?

Pages load fast, security is strong, and it's inexpensive. Does a great job of blocking pop ups.

What do you dislike?

There's always updates and I wish it would decrease.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mozilla is a leading browser and It will continue to be popular. I highly recommend.

It's a reliable browser that works great.

Firefox review by <span>Michael S.</span>
Michael S.

"Reliable, but bland"

What do you like best?

I love how reliable Firefox has been for me. I worked for a time for a credit union which use a web-hosted CRM. While employed there I used both IE and Firefox. 50% of the time if our system wasn't working it was due to an error with the browser. That browser was always IE. Firefox was always reliable. I never have inexplicable freezing or application terminations. I still use Firefox today, but mostly as a backup browser (reasons for this are in the dislike field).

What do you dislike?

In spite of the reliability of this product it is for the most part bland. I will admit a completely logical person would say that functionality is all that matters, but users and consumers are rarely completely logical. I definitely fall into that category. I want my products and experiences to fulfill all my needs with regards to functionality while presenting class and flare. Right now I primarily use Chrome. I would say that Chrome doesn't compare to Firefox's reliability, but destroys them in flare and UX in general. The streamlined integration available in Chrome makes is a great candidate for my top choice. And it is the lack of UX and modern design that Firefox falls into my number 2 spot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I present the same software and app evaluation process I have presented before.

1. For what purpose are you using this browser?

2. What features would you like to have in a browser?

3. Spec comparison (If in doubt spec it out)

Firefox review by <span>Ruban K.</span>
Ruban K.

"After IE, Before Chrome"

What do you like best?

It was once a top used browser of the industry. It is still the secured browser. Firefox is better than IE and safari. There are plenty of add-ons available to mock up the missing features. It's opensource and so you can expect updates every now and then.

What do you dislike?

You need to restart the browser after every add-on installation. Firefox is heavy and and customization is limited when compared with CHROME. Mobile version has to be available for all platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's better than your default browser.

Firefox review by <span>Madeleine B.</span>
Madeleine B.

"The workhorse of browsers"

What do you like best?

I love the spell check options, especially for foreign languages.

What do you dislike?

The look and feel of Firefox. After using Chrome it feels outdated. (although really not a big deal)

Benefits - fast access to information required for work.

Firefox review by <span>Brittany H.</span>
Brittany H.

"Beats IE, Pretty Close to Chrome"

What do you like best?

It's fast and comparable to Apple's safari. Intuitive, well-designed...it works.

What do you dislike?

It's not quite as easy/fast as Chrome, but I use it almost as often. I only started using chrome because sometimes websites will layout a little funny on firefox (but not that often).

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with other browsers, it's free to download and can import your bookmarks. If you are cautious about downloading new software that's free, take the word of me and many other reviewers here that your computer will be safe :)

Firefox review by <span>Michael H.</span>
Michael H.

"Not the worst browser but far from the best"

What do you like best?

compatibility with a plethora of devices and OS's.

What do you dislike?

It's slow like I.E 8,9 and 10 were where it used to be faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's bulky and slow now. It used to be slim and fast like Chrome is now.

Web broswer compatibility testing

Firefox review by <span>Alyssa S.</span>
Alyssa S.

"Best Browser There Is!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can go from Mac to PC and always use the same browser. You get comfortable with a certain browser and not having to switch on each device is nice. I think the UI is great in comparison to other browsers. I also feel it tends to be faster than others, might just be because I favor it so much though!

What do you dislike?

Some applications don't work as well with Firefox. WebEx sometimes requires a Firefox update which can get annoying. Once it is updated everything works fine but running into those issues from time to time when trying to put on a presentation can cause a lot of problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download it! Firefox is better than the rest!

Firefox review by <span>Stefan B.</span>
Stefan B.

"A good and compatible browser"

What do you like best?

It loads almost anything properly and has good standards support.

What do you dislike?

It feels a bit like playing catch-up with Chrome, where many developers seem to be having the most fun.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good and decent browser. Would recommend it over Internet Explorer.

Use it as an alternative browser on Windows, when Internet Explorer has problems displaying websites.

"Best internet"

What do you like best?

Fast, easy to use. Weird better than chrome or internet explorer

What do you dislike?

Ads, the many needed restarts usually during research

Fast goggle searches for research

Firefox review by <span>Michael S.</span>
Michael S.

"Fast browser with complete history synch"

What do you like best?

I like that all my bookmarks and even tabs are synced across multiple computers and platforms.

What do you dislike?

some plugins tend to need constant upgrading and often stop working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best browsers available for PC, Mac and Mobile browsings. Tons of useful plugins due to the open source nature of the product

How to efficiently browse the web and organize saved web pages.

Firefox review by <span>Mark R.</span>
Mark R.

"I just like Firefox"

What do you like best?

It's clean and works. I almost never have an issue with it. Constantly updated. Lots of plugins for the applications that I use. Can also run on your smartphone and tablet and share your bookmarks. Firefox is supported by most websites.

What do you dislike?

I occasionally run into a site that says that it does not support Firefox. Usually not a problem. But you never know what might not work on these sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great browser. I highly recommend.

Firefox review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Firefox is amazing"

What do you like best?

Search is fast and secure. Can look up anything.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes what works in chrome doesn't work in firefox

Set appointments using online software

Firefox review by <span>Winston K.</span>
Winston K.

"Not what it used to be 2 years ago"

What do you like best?

Great alternative to Internet Explorer

What do you dislike?

The interface feels a little clunky compared to Chrome. But its mainly aesthetics. From my experience it had some problems crashing as well, which is when I decided to try Chrome and I haven't changed back.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Firefox is a hell of a lot better than Internet Explorer, but it isn't as smooth as Chrome. I feel that Chrome does a better job on the small details such as administration and bookmark management.

Firefox review by <span>Charysse S.</span>
Charysse S.

"First runner up to Chrome"

What do you like best?

Firefox is a much better alternative to Internet Explorer and Safari. Before I used Chrome, Firefox was my go-to browser. I like the fact that it does constant updates of its software.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, Firefox loads slower than Chrome and sometimes crashes/freezes. If you don't like constant updates, you may see that as a disadvantage. I did notice a slow decline in quality over the last 3 years or so, which is why I made the switch to Chrome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have Safari or Internet Explorer, switch to Firefox. The pop-up blocker is an asset.

Firefox review by <span>Tom L.</span>
Tom L.

"My Second Favorite Web Browser"

What do you like best?

Firefox is definitely a lot better than IE and has a lot of plugins that can improve the overall browsing experience. One plugin in particular, FireFTP makes Firefox into a nice little FTP client.

What do you dislike?

The updating process can be a bit of a pain and Chrome is still a better overall browser as far as speed of page rendering goes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only downside to Chrome is that there are still some web applications that don't render correctly when viewed with Chrome, so it's still nice to have Firefox available as an alternative browser when it's needed and the extra plugins can give you some nice little utility features.

Firefox review by <span>Jamie F.</span>
Jamie F.

"Seems like the step child to Chrome"

What do you like best?

I do miss how it had a search bar right at the top to search google instantly. That was nice and convenient.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how when you are typing into the navigation bar, it doesn't automatically fill in the address for you. You actually have to move and click to what it brings up, and I think Chrome's way of doing saves me some time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try chrome.

Firefox review by User in Higher Education

"Firefox is a great browser that is set up very well. However, it has performance issues"

What do you like best?

Aesthetics, layout of toolbars and options, the fox logo and customization/themes

What do you dislike?

Firefox crashes a lot. It is very finicky in regard to performing with multiple tabs. It can freeze and hang up a lot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful not to overwhelm Firefox with too many video / flash / shockwave pages. Be sure not to keep too many tabs open, as it eats up a lot of memory and can slow down your computer. Be sure to close out Firefox whenever it is not in use.

Firefox review by <span>Videha D.</span>
Videha D.

"A Good Browser"

What do you like best?

It is one of the leading browsers and the best thing about firefox is its customizability. You can add varies addons and they are many things that you can do with the browser

What do you dislike?

Sometimes firefox freezes on my laptop. and it is also a bit laggy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a browser that needs to be customized then go for firefox. You have a hell lot of addons you can add and make the most out of a browser

Firefox review by <span>Stephanie W.</span>
Stephanie W.

"The Best Browser Out There"

What do you like best?

Firefox is a strong all-around browser, but it's greatest strength is the variety of its add-ons. I have a core set of free Firefox add-ons that I use daily in my work, and they save me tons of time. Additionally, Firefox is fast, compatible, and displays well.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps not as efficient and streamlined as Chrome, but I think the add-ons more than make up for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download it - you have nothing to lose!

Firefox review by <span>Shyam K.</span>
Shyam K.

"My second favourite"

What do you like best?

It is an essential tool in my arsenal especially when testing out new applications. In some instances it has proved to work better than a number of other browsers.

What do you dislike?

Not as slick and easy to use do certain things as it is on chrome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its great as a backup and some sites work better on firefox than most other browsers

Firefox review by <span>Ahmed S.</span>
Ahmed S.

"My favorite browser"

What do you like best?

The most thing I like in Firefox is the customization. I've been using it for my database developing work it is great and you can rely on

What do you dislike?

From my work experience, it freezes sometimes and doesn't respond to any thing you have to close it and restart again but you can restore your sessions and this is nice

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unique browser, highly recommended

Firefox review by <span>Jeremiah M.</span>
Jeremiah M.

"Because of the Add-Ins that I need"

What do you like best?

Ad Block.

I like that it's all open source and etc... etc... It's a nice bit of software and it's free and it does everything I expect a browser to do. And it lets me shut off advertising, so I'm very, very happy about that.

I suppose there are other add ins, and it's good that there is an add-in developing community.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't work without an internet connection? Seriously - it's fine.

I'm sure many users have sophisticated and elaborate opinions about their browsers and their add ins and so forth - but I am content and consider Firefox to be only slightly better than any of the other main browsers available.

Firefox review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Decent web browser"

What do you like best?

It's a great browser, fast, good support, and the team that makes it is concerned with your privacy.

What do you dislike?

It's just not as fast or robust as chrome and doesn't have as many features. Not as much money as google has to develop it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Chrome is better

if I need ot have a second browser open other than chrome, firefox is my next choice.

Firefox review by <span>Erin P.</span>
Erin P.

"Good, but still behind Chrome"

What do you like best?

Ad blocking. I don't do much web development, but they offer a good number of time-saving add-ons for that.

What do you dislike?

Performance is pretty slow compared to Chrome. I have better luck in Safari, too, with load time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not a bad option, but still worth testing other browsers.

Firefox review by User in Internet

"Still the best? Maybe not, but really good."

What do you like best?

I like Mozilla as an organization. They build great software and they have a great mission.

The Firefox extensions are still the best. Some earlier versions ran into serious performance issues, but ever since 12 I feel like Firefox is back!

And building extensions for Firefox is just good clean fun.

What do you dislike?

Their new web developer features are annoying. Sometimes they won't go away, and whenever I say "Inspect Element," I expect Firebug to open instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't used it in a while, give it another chance. It's become my #1 again, I've switched back!

Firefox review by <span>Mitch M.</span>
Mitch M.

"Open Source At It's Finest"

What do you like best?

There are tons of add ons available for this browser built by developers across the globe. It's probably the best solution for you if you run Linux.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it's a great browser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Chrome is a little better but this is a great alternative

Firefox review by <span>Greg M.</span>
Greg M.

"Solid browser. Better than IE. Wide range of plugins available."

What do you like best?

Solid browser with good compatibility across the web. Speedy. Fewer javascript quirks than IE. Easy to install - even offers to import your settings from IE. There's a large number of plugins available that are easy to download and install, including some great development tools.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally a memory hog, but better than in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Has shifted to smaller, more frequent updates rather than larger releases a la Internet Explorer. This has its benefits and its drawbacks.

If you don't like Firefox, try Chrome. Both are better than Internet Explorer.

Firefox review by <span>Shane H.</span>
Shane H.

"My go-to browser"

What do you like best?

The fast speed and user interface are my favorite

What do you dislike?

Compatibility is sometimes an issue with trusted sites and security problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best feature-rich browser available, in my opinion.

Web browser

Firefox review by <span>Shane A.</span>
Shane A.

"If Chrome wasn't out there this would be #1"

What do you like best?

Great fast browser. Does everything you need.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It is a great browser. I think the icons on the bookmark bar are hokey.

Internet application interaction and web browsing

Firefox review by <span>Nick T.</span>
Nick T.

"A Good Alternative to Chrome"

What do you like best?

Firefox is just smooth and it works very well. It was my top browser until Chrome came along.

What do you dislike?

It's not quite as user friendly with bookmarks and such as I'd like it to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have it handy for when Chrome has crashed or doesn't render a certain site very well.

Firefox review by <span>Eric M.</span>
Eric M.

"Tried 'em all and chose this one..."

What do you like best?

All the add-on's available to use aa a developer, load time, speed, separate configuration for proxy settings that are not the same as the system settings, syncing with smart phones!, look and feel of browsing experience.

What do you dislike?

None.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Updates automatically, not part of "windows update"..., fast, reliable, etc.

Firefox review by <span>Bobby H.</span>
Bobby H.

"Second best browser out there"

What do you like best?

It's better in every way compared to IE and Safari. Mozilla is constantly innovating their solution and with that they release new versions of their browser every few weeks. Tweaking security issues and increasing performance

What do you dislike?

Not as fast as Chrome and lacks the same amount of plugins

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Chrome, if not stick with Mozilla

Firefox review by <span>Susie C.</span>
Susie C.

"Safe browser to use and compatible with most sites/systems"

What do you like best?

Blocks ads, and it is compatible with many of the systems that I use and support.

What do you dislike?

Wish the load is faster, like Chrome. Sometimes it take awhile for some sites to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better than IE!

Firefox review by <span>Trevor R.</span>
Trevor R.

"There's an plug in for that. "

What do you like best?

The features! I process a large volume of URLs on multiple gTLDs and ccTLDs, and am constantly finding new Firefox add ons that make my work so much easier than it would be.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the updating can be a bit overzealous, and the occaisional crashing that can be expected of any browser constantly in development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't let Chrome fool you, Mozilla is superior. But honestly, it comes down to which browser has the look and feel that works the best for you.

Firefox review by <span>Jakub A.</span>
Jakub A.

"Our default browser"

What do you like best?

IE was never smooth and developed a consistent tendency to crash. Firefox has always been simple to use with very few issues. The ability to manipulate multiple tabs and bookmarks makes for a simple interaction.

What do you dislike?

Recently there has been an increase in the browser crashing along with Java. All tabs stay in the history and reopen upon a restart so it really isn't a major issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a chance if you have never used it. I prefer the simplicity and ease of use, never had comparability issues either which should be a significant consideration.

Firefox review by <span>Solomon R.</span>
Solomon R.

"Can't stop loving it."

What do you like best?

This is the first browser that I have used and still quite love it for its use of it.

I come to firefox whenever chrome fails me.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the browser just hangs for no reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An alternate browser option.

Firefox review by <span>Daniel W.</span>
Daniel W.

"Better than IE; not as good as Chrome"

What do you like best?

Firefox was the first "alternative" to Internet Explorer that I used. It has an amazing set of extensions and is massively customizable.

What do you dislike?

Firefox is a bit slow and a memory hog. It can take a long time to load when you first fire it up, and page retrieval is only so-so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Firefox is still great if you want to do website debugging. Plus, it's good for testing website functionalities.

Firefox review by <span>Sai K.</span>
Sai K.

"best browser with good plugins for a developer"

What do you like best?

Unless google chrome, mozilla firefox is non profit company. It does not want any of your data. It is very good and easy to use browser. I think firebug and selenium like plug in are very useful and developer must have.

What do you dislike?

no iPhone or iPad app

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a good desktop browser

Firefox review by <span>Francis P.</span>
Francis P.

"Firefox apps are its strength but looses out Chrome in speed."

What do you like best?

The work horse for a lot of users the shear amount of add-ins you can get for Firefox makes it invaluable, skype integration, developer tools, privacy tools and app integration. I use it daily and without the add-ins I'd be stuck :)

What do you dislike?

Its slow and has lost ground to Chrome. If they can improve the performance I think Firefox could come back into the running.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have Chrome on your desktop first.

Firefox review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great network for plugins and skins"

What do you like best?

Firefox has a great developer network behind it. This is most likely because it was the first real alternative to IE.

Very stable and quite powerful. If you need a plugin for anything browser related, there usually is one for firefox.

What do you dislike?

Chrome feels quicker. But still firefox is very still a great browser

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose this or chrome

Firefox review by <span>Dan S.</span>
Dan S.

"The only browser I use"

What do you like best?

Besides being another great free product, Firefox has tons of plugins available. This is one of the smoothest browsers I have ever used.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing bad to say about it. It is customizable to fit users as they see fit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely give this a try, even if you are a chrome die hard.

Firefox review by <span>Tim P.</span>
Tim P.

"Superb witht he Widnows 8 version"

What do you like best?

Very fast, never breaks, no scripting errors, better features than Chrome, slick modern interface. this is my favourite browser in Windows 8 (64 bit)

What do you dislike?

Nothing! Seriously - there's nothing at all that I've discovered after +/-5 weeks use to dislike. works better than IE 10

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it.

Firefox review by <span>Vidya R.</span>
Vidya R.

"Slow and cumbersome"

What do you like best?

I like that there are options for browsers in the marketplace and I'm not stuck with Safari. Used to love it back in the day.

What do you dislike?

It's very slow and makes everything on my computer run slower. Also it seems to update too often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use Chrome.

Learning about Mozilla Firefox?

* We monitor all Mozilla Firefox reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.