Mozy

Whether you're backing up a home, small business, or large company, Mozy has an online backup plan for you.

Work for Mozy?
Druva insync  eou  2x

Learning about Mozy?

Mozy Reviews

Showing 50 Mozy reviews
Mozy review by <span>Devona A.</span>
Devona A.

Mozy has saved me - and my files - on multiple occasions!

What do you like best?

I can "set and forget it" - but if a backup hasn't been able to complete, I get a notice about that so I can always make sure my files and data is protected. The ability to get to my files and data anywhere that I have an internet connection is invaluable, and one that I've used several times. I don't dread replacing my computer now that I have Mozy - it's very simple to move from one device to another. I also like being able to have my husband's computer on my plan, so I have piece of mind that both devices are being regularly backed up.

What do you dislike?

In the event that you have to restore your files, it can be very time consuming - but considering how much data is being saved, it's a small price to pay.

There have been several times that I've used my Mozy backups to retrieve files that were accidentally deleted. I've also used it to seamlessly move from one computing device to another. I've also recommended Mozy to family and friends and they have been thankful for peace of mind it has provided.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mozy
Mozy review by <span>Ranjeesh Y.</span>
Ranjeesh Y.

Mazy Pro Backup Office Laptop

What do you like best?

It doesnt bother the user when backing up. Just runs in the background in specified intervals.

What do you dislike?

If the backup didnt run the user doesnt get any notification of failure. The IT guys dont keep track of whether our data was backed up or not.

Sometimes background running slows the PC down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mozy Pro lets you manage backup and restore remotely from admin pc.

Easy migration of data from one laptop to another in case of hardware failure. The restoring of backup if pretty simple and happens in th ebackground one new hardware has been setup

What Backup solution do you use?

Mozy review by <span>B.J. E.</span>
B.J. E.

Quality Back Up Service For A Good Price

What do you like best?

The syncing process of uploading your files to the cloud is very easy. I never had any trouble figuring out what files were backed up and which files weren't. Also the process of downloading saved files after a crash was very easy. It's s service I sued moer than once.

What do you dislike?

While the software provided is powerful, I think they could do better with the amount of space they give you for the money you are paying for. Ultimately I discontinued using Mozy because I needed more space. The features I traded from mozy for more space were worth the money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are just getting started backing things up online into the cloud, Mozy is a great place to start. Very user friendly sfotware.

The recovery of my lost data was the biggest problem I solved with mozy. While I didn't settle on this software overall, I would certainly recommend it to someone who was curious to try it out.

Mozy review by <span>Derek S.</span>
Derek S.

Great backup software with automated replication to the cloud

What do you like best?

Ease of use, install and backup data to the cloud.

What do you dislike?

Not great for backing up databases, such as Exchange or SQL. Best fit for smaller environments (1-2 servers).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you require a backup software for data, Mozy charges based on space. This is not a great solution if you have a very large set of data as you will pay for it to upload to the cloud. That being said, if you're a small shop with "average" data, this tool will automatically backup all data effortlessly.

The software is great for backing up data and replicating it in real time to the cloud. It does not do a great job with databases or bare metal restoration of servers. Best fit for smaller companies but is very easy to implement and administer.

Mozy review by <span>Holly F.</span>
Holly F.

I finally feel confident that my files are getting backed up automatically!

What do you like best?

That it is fairly cheap for an online backup system, it's very easy to setup, it's easy to add more space when needed, and it's VERY easy that it just does it's "thing" behind the scenes and I will never be put in the situation where I lost all of my important files and photos!

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I don't like about Mozy. I am only sorry that I had to lose a lot of my files and photos first before I started using Mozy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NO matter what, all home user's should be backing up their important files and photos to an online backup service - Mozy is a perfect answer for that!

Not only do I use Mozy to backup all of my client files but I tell all of my clients to use Mozy to create online backups of their data too.

Mozy review by <span>Punit K.</span>
Punit K.

Good to use but makes the system extremely slow

What do you like best?

Mozy is easy to use. I was able to recover the files very easily once when I lost few files from my system.

- Easy to recover files.

- Not much difficult to configure, although we had some IT help.

- We can schedule the backup's.

- The alternative for poor performance is do not schedule the backup in the office hours.

What do you dislike?

- When mozy is in progress of taking backup, the system becomes drastically slow.

- It's very hard to even pause then mozy is in progress.

- All you have to do it bear with it.

- We had to select the folder manually which has to be added for backup, that process somewhat can improved.

- if your system has antivirus and mozy both running, you can't do anything else, even though my system RAM was 32 GB.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Easy to Configure

- Easy to Use

- All I did not like is, it makes the system pathetically slow, rest all is quite good.

We had mozy installed in everyone's system. We were using mozy to restore the lost files.

Learning about Mozy?

* We monitor all Mozy reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.