Munis

With Tyler's Munis enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, you can manage of your core functions, including financials, human resources and citizen services and revenues.

Work for Munis?

Learning about Munis?

Munis Reviews

Ask Munis a Question
Showing 95 Munis reviews
Munis review by <span>Susan L.</span>
Susan L.

"MUNIS Review"

What do you like best?

MUNIS is very user friendly for entering payroll changes and running payroll. Tyler Technologies is constantly adding new features to make payroll processing even easier to use. The Tyler Technologies support staff has been extremely helpful in fixing errors and answering questions.

What do you dislike?

Some changes or adjustments I need to make manually. However, I have learned that more recent versions allow these processes to be done automatically. It is helpful to be on a current version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it for payroll processing and employee administration. If you implement a newer version, it would be more helpful due to having more features.

I run our payroll through MUNIS. I am also able to export data to EXCEL in order create reports. We are currently upgrading to a newer version, and I have learned that there will be many more tools in the newer version that will make payroll processing and employee administration much easier.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Munis
Munis review by <span>Don H.</span>
Don H.

"Munis - Almost Perfect"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Munis is that I can access to it everywhere I go. Before Munis, there was no way for our financial software to do that. With a lot of features, the possibilities are really unlimited.

What do you dislike?

We are currently a SaaS client and since the feature is new, there are still some bugs that need to be fixed. I'm sure Tyler is working on it and will deliver a solution soon in the future.

Tyler Cashiering has been crashing for SaaS client and there is still no solution just yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The implementation process can be overwhelming at first, but you'll get familiar with it in no time. Munis is a no-brainer for your organization, so please consider it.

We are solving a lot of problems with Munis. We now have a PO/REQ system and an electronic approval process. We also have access to real-time data and the ability to generate any reports we want without having to contact the IT Department.

What US State & Local Government solution do you use?

Munis review by <span>Kristen R.</span>
Kristen R.

"MUNIS user for 4+ years in county tax department"

What do you like best?

I love that most everything can be done with one system! We can keep up with payments, amounts owed, notes on payment agreements, make changes to bills and accounts(current and past) all in one system. The software is pretty straight forward and requires minimal training to be proficient at using. This system is definitely user friendly!

What do you dislike?

I wish the codes and what not were easier to manage on the finance side of the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great software program. It is very user friendly. It requires minimal training to be proficient in its use. It allows several users to access the same information at the exact same time. It makes daily , monthly, and yearly record keeping very simple. They also have a wonderful support team. If ever you have an issue, they have a wonderful staff on hand all of the time to help with any issues you may experience. We use this product to keep up with property tax accounts for 35, 000+ properties. Within this system we can keep track of values, as well as payments made and balances owed, also we can easily make changes on batches of accounts or on individual accounts. I highly recommend this software to anyone in the market for this type of product.

Our office has found that this system makes it easier for everyone to stay on the same page as far as account management and collections.

Munis review by User

"Frequent, though untrained, often confused and frustrated user"

What do you like best?

I can appreciate that it's hard to create an accounting system for a complex organization with a $100M budget, but come on... this system is a total mess.

What do you dislike?

Nothing about this program is user-friendly. I have been using it for six years, and it never gets easier. Maybe if I used it every day, all day I would get the hang of it, but it's about 5% of my job, and it's a total headache ALL THE TIME.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please don't buy into this system. I don't know if it works better at other places, but the occasional user will have nothing but headaches.

OR, give away training to all of your clients so that new users have a hope of figuring out how to use it. We have no training.

All of our organization's accounting is handled in MUNIS. I manage my tiny little part of the overall budget. I put in requisitions, check on invoice payments, pull budget reports, enter my budget projects and requests once each year.

Munis review by <span>Amelia B.</span>
Amelia B.

"Comprehensive solution but functionality, programming standards, & user interface could be improved"

What do you like best?

I like that MUNIS supports our full P2P process flow from requisitioning through check printing. THe system allows for us to manage contrats, purchase orders, p-card statements, and the city's vendor and item files.

What do you dislike?

A number of areas need improvement:

- Programming standards needs to be implemented and made consistent throughout the solution. Functionality does not always operate consistently from one program to the next

- Tyler needs to take a much more aggresssive approach to testing their products and updates/MUNs/fixes prior to deployment. Regression testing could find some significant issues without requiring the user community to identify and report issues (thus having to actually experience the issue)

- The user experiene could be significantly improved. Many processes are still very time intensive and manual. Focus on compliance and lega requirements first and foremost, but then on ways for the user to get their job done that don't hamper productivity

- The user groups could be a GREAT tool for future development ideas, but instead are run in such a way that there is little time (or room) for that

- Upgrades: - clients need a full, comprehenisve, and specific overview of ALL changes during each upgrade, including training materials, and screenshots. Often times we find that the upgrade notes don't cover everything and our users are confused by new or modified functionality, leaving us all scratching our heads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly consider the ability of your internal resources to support the system. It requires significant commitments in terms of administration, training, and user resources to run effectively.

Effectively tying requisitions/POs and P-card purchases to contracts

Monitoring Contract SPend

Monitoring Project Spend across multiple depts/contracts/users

More visibility on overall spend and trands (needs more details line level reporting though)

User in Education Management

"Munis is not an HR platform"

What do you like best?

There is little I like about MUNIS. It's funcationality isn't robust enough for a true Human Resource employee management platform. It is fine for accounting and budgeting. We also use it for reporting modules and state mandated reporting. The functionality with the state system is fine.

What do you dislike?

MUNIS is not intuitive and isn't very user friendly. It definately works best as a financials accounting platform, and is not tailored for the needs of a human resource department. It doesn't track salary history, prior positions, moves, the history functions are limited. It's difficult to set up various groups and sub groups. I especially do not like that it doesn't "talk" with our application system.

We use MUNIS as a disistrict wide finanical accounting platform. Because we are unable keep all the information we as an HR deparmtent need in MUNIS, we find ourselves suplementing with spreadsheets, other platforms, and using various work arounds to meet our needs.

"A Powerful Product"

What do you like best?

What I like most is the amount of capabilities that the product offers as well as the dedicated staff that are available from Tyler to help their customers. I feel as though that the program is pretty straight-forward to adapt to not only as a first-time user, but also after upgrades.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are performance issues and some of the cards in TylerHub are not descriptive in their title, thus the user isn't sure what they are adding until the card is added. When troubleshooting it may be difficult due to the user (I am in IT myself) not understanding the environment, but I think interactions with Tyler staff helps fill that gap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend trying out a demonstration and if possible gain access to the Tyler Community so that you can see the opinions and experiences of others who are using MUNIS currently.

As a member of IT I haven't used it much for business; I mainly make sure that MUNIS is up and running with as little errors as possible as well as up-to-date. That being said however it is the most used application in our organization and I know that a good portion of our staff get majority of their work done with MUNIS..

Munis review by Administrator in Government Relations
Administrator in Government Relations

"Switched to Munis from outdated system"

What do you like best?

Munis is a great modern system that has updated features compared to what we are used to. It is a great HR and financial system

What do you dislike?

I am not fond that it is built on SharePoint, to some people in IT, that could play as negative but as an end user, it shouldn't be a problem

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although we are still implementing Munis ERP into our system, so far it has been a great experience. The support from Tyler is amazing and always willing to help when needed.

We are replacing our 30-year old financial system with Munis and we have successfully migrating all of our users to the new system

Munis review by User

"You have to select too many buttons to do one thing, such as a search."

What do you like best?

The ability to attach files, no matter where you are in the process.

What do you dislike?

When entering a requisition item you have to do several different steps to do the same thing. Such as a search, you have to tab into the field and then when you type the correct code/search into the field, it opens another box, you have to select it again, and then select submit or enter and it brings you back to the main screen where you originally entered the correct info to begin with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask actual users what the product is like and test it for a week before buying...

It creates a log of all receipt items and ultimately is the final record. Prior to this there was a working file with each person that touched it causing multiple copies to float around.

Munis review by <span>Josh A.</span>
Josh A.

"10 year user who finds Munis a very functional product"

What do you like best?

I like the finance, budget and accounts payable functions of Munis.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes with multiple versions out there it can be tricky to have clarity on which version to switch to and when. On occasion when i see the functionality of the product and where Munis is giong I like your path forward but i often feel like its just not quite there yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product, but make sure you really think through the implementation.

TCM was very helpful for storing our backup and our required timeframe to keep documents.

Munis review by <span>Aaron S.</span>
Aaron S.

"MUNIS"

What do you like best?

-That the product can be decentrailzed

-Centralze programs are robust and getting better with each release.

-Intergrated document imiging-TCM

-The product seems to be moving to a more intergrated manor. Meaning there are more programs being combined and less clicking..

What do you dislike?

-There is way to much clicking but it is getting better.

-Some programs that seem to be built by computer people and not finance people.

-P-card decetrilization

-Improived workflow with less paper

-Being able to communicate with other departments with their financail reports.

"Very good product"

What do you like best?

Having access to yearly updates that are included in maintenance fee. Existing clients have a big part in communicating the need for changes that are in updates.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are long waits on responses to support issues. Have had most of these problems on state reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation should be thought out and planned carefully. Keep up to date with the offered upgrades to take advantage of the software fully.

Budgeting and finance

We have saved many man hours by using Munis to prepare budgets and reports to our school board. We have made our purchasing paperless which saves money and personel.

Having the option of moving data to excel to be further manipulated for reports is extremely helpful.

Munis review by <span>Jillian J.</span>
Jillian J.

"Does what we need"

What do you like best?

Great for tracking my warehouse and doing orders. We also use this for writing checks.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to run more reports for my inventory

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research before committing but for the most part the system works for us.

This is organizing our ordering system and warehouse

Munis review by <span>Gus T.</span>
Gus T.

"Munis 11.2"

What do you like best?

Solution is hosted and stable, can support many different area and can be integrated with other systems like ESRI

What do you dislike?

Integration and lack of depth in information. Support and implementation teams are week in sharing information among each other, Internal knowledge base and cross training needs to be given a higher priority. Flow charts and Visio diagrams of processes and data.

Library of data flow and processes for customers and implementation teams would be great.

Utility billing module

Munis review by <span>christina t.</span>
christina t.

"Munis Review"

What do you like best?

Human Resources is able to directly approve and implement salary changes, deductions and benefit changes electronically. The import templates are simple and quick. Quarterly reporting is simple.

What do you dislike?

We have only been live for 4 months so we are still trying to create new processes and procedures. I do not like how earnings and deductions are created late in the payroll process to capture last minute tax changes and direct deposit changes.

payroll

Munis review by <span>Paul S.</span>
Paul S.

"Well Rounded Product"

What do you like best?

Speed at which I can complete basic tasks, like invoice entry, or basic administration functions. Accessibility without installing any applications, all web based.

What do you dislike?

Error messages are not useful, do not provide instructions to fix. SSRS reporting has no options for providing audit reports for RBAC or workflow. Searched Tyler community and there are several other customers looking for the same report functionality.

Better accountability through Workflow. More granular permissions with RBAC.

Munis review by <span>Joe H.</span>
Joe H.

"Have been using and supporting MUNIS since 2010"

What do you like best?

A robust ERP system built specifically for local government. The system is some what flexible but not so flexible that it takes huge amounts of IT staff and business analysts to implement.

What do you dislike?

Versions prior to 11.1 used a GDC active X client instead of a true HTML interface. Version 11.1 is HTML 5 and truly platform independent. I also dislike the lack of APIs or an SDK for in house addition of functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MUNIS is a great solution that is very affordable for local governments of all sizes.

I was able to make my organization much more paperless and efficient through the use of MUNIS and Tyler Content Manager. We have paperless time sheets, procure to pay and invoicing processes now.

Munis review by <span>Carmen C.</span>
Carmen C.

"Munis ERP System - a great solution for our organization!"

What do you like best?

Munis is user friendly, robust, and has allowed us to make great striations when it comes to achieving many organizational goals. This system provides us with enough flexibility to make decisions and implement functionality, but it's not so customizable that it creates paralysis by analysis.

What do you dislike?

Tyler is a partner of Microsoft, therefore it has been a bit of a challenge / delay before Munis apps and functionality is available on Apple products. Our management team is relaying more and more on iPads than Window’s tablets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When possible have as much buy-in as possible. When you have Executive buy in, your end users are significantly less resistance to change. The more employees embrace the change, the easier the implementation and conversion become.

We finally have a tightly integrated ERP system! We continuously add new functionality and this is allowing us to achieve our goal of becoming a paperless shop. The workflow that is built into Munis has also allowed for efficiency and high productivity.

"Could be better"

What do you like best?

I like the many product features but some are not utilized by my company.

What do you dislike?

It does not follow the process. I have to go to many tabs just to complete one process. There isn't a true connection to flow seamlessly. Also, there isn't a validation between employee deductions and and the coverage level for the deduction. An employee can have a dependent added on them but the coverage level could be missed and charge the wrong deduction amount. It would be nice to have an alert if it does not match or have it automatically update.

HRIS, FInance, Procurement, Purchase Orders, Applicant Tracking

Munis review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use but had glitches "

What do you like best?

Very simply program for anyone new to Tyler platforms to learn and retaining documents like invoices in a simple searchable form is great

What do you dislike?

Glitches can take weeks for tyler support to correct

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is great for government businesses that need to retain a lot of information for long periods with a secure cloud platform.

Accounting, much more simple program with the ability to store copies of checks and invoices

Munis review by <span>luis r.</span>
luis r.

"was not what expected"

What do you like best?

req entry is easy and easy to navigate i like how they updated attachment currently on 11.3

What do you dislike?

procurement process is the issue with my company because they choose to put in barriers for all proceses and gm has to review and approve all req no matter the price

permission access issue that have to go to munis for fix and can't be fixed internally

Munis review by <span>Lynne M.</span>
Lynne M.

"Munis"

What do you like best?

The functionality of the product is vast and takes in many different aspects of the financial department. The many users have just one resource to use for the many functions they need daily

What do you dislike?

The time that it takes to set up a new module is time consuming for departments and IT staff.

The need for many software products is not needed.

Munis review by <span>Mary Beth N.</span>
Mary Beth N.

"Easy data exports"

What do you like best?

Easy export of HR data to Excel

Easy search functionality (e.g. every field in modules)

What do you dislike?

Lack of free use fields within each module

PA proofs do not contain all changes

PA proof export to server has limited options (txt format only... not pretty)

HR data storage and payroll processing

Benefits - easy retrieval of data for analysis and reporting

"Munis from a Techie"

What do you like best?

Tech support for our tech team is exceptional. Availbale staff and community involvement is some of the best of all vendors we work with,

What do you dislike?

Not much. There are a few features that would be better if we could have access to them or be able to configure t our liking

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You won't know until you do.

Cannot speak much to this but I do know that it has provided some peace to our business office over our previous antiquated system. Munis continually strives to be modern and user friendly which is a bonus.

"IT Side of MUNIS"

What do you like best?

One of the best things i like best about munis is the way the dashboard looks for all of our users.

What do you dislike?

one of the the things I dislike about munis right now is support it take some time to get a hold of them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Munis is able to meet our needs.

Our City did alot of paper process we are trying to streamline this with MUNIS. Our AP invoce process would sometimes take 3 weeks with paper going to each department. Now with MUNIS we are able to streamline this process in less then week.

Munis review by <span>Veronica W.</span>
Veronica W.

"User friendly with Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Munis is an easy to use, self-explanatory program. Anything that comes up as an issue can be easily resolved by contacting the ever available customer service staff.

What do you dislike?

There needs to be a way to split accounts used for purchase requests by percentage, not just amounts.

Using cubes helps my office see what our budget looks like easily.

Munis review by <span>Daphne C.</span>
Daphne C.

"Munis"

What do you like best?

Keeping up with the latest and greatest. New features of Tyler Notify, Dashboard one stop shop

What do you dislike?

Upgrades are mandatory to get latest and greatest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

do everything you can do during testing and implementation before going live.. purchase fully integrated products and services

Utility Billing, citizen self service, tyler notify, tyler forms, tyler content management and more

Munis review by <span>Michael M.</span>
Michael M.

"Brought our office up to the 21st century"

What do you like best?

Ease of access. I am always able to access MUNIS no matter where I am at.

What do you dislike?

Having to wait to upgrade to receive the latest enhancements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Any converversion is hard, but it was well worth it.

Connecting payroll and HR to each other. We were able to bring our payroll processing back in house.

User in Education Management

"Easy to Use All in One Service"

What do you like best?

MUNIS is easy to use & allows me to perform payroll, purchasing, employee maintenance and enter evaluation data all in one platform.

What do you dislike?

There might be TOO much offered. I haven't had time to explore all the areas offered & it is a little overwhelming.

Tracking employee evaluations - MUNIS helps us keep and run reports on which are finalized & which have not been submitted.

Munis review by <span>Melissa W.</span>
Melissa W.

"Munis Implementation"

What do you like best?

System potential. There is room for growth and expansion. The program can be customized to our needs.

What do you dislike?

Number of clicks required to get something done

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the leap it is a lot but worth it

Legacy product is at end of life. Company growth and fixing processes.

Munis review by <span>Jennifer L.</span>
Jennifer L.

"Just starting out"

What do you like best?

I like the amount of support we receive from trainers. No questions are stupid and I learn tons

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's confusing but explained later

Recommendations to others considering the product

Research what you actually need

We are going from a very old system to Munis. All of it is beneficial

Munis review by <span>Gilda H.</span>
Gilda H.

"MUNIS Financial Support"

What do you like best?

The support teams are very helpful most of the time.

What do you dislike?

I do find that some in cases MIU may take awhile(months) to repair. USB security installation needs more expertise for support. Support waits are lengthier than before.

AP invoicing, paper Vendors Services.

Munis review by <span>John P.</span>
John P.

"All encompassing"

What do you like best?

All ERP functionality in one place. New features are developed routinely based on feedback from customers.

What do you dislike?

Starting a new process from scratch can be cumbersome. Once processes are created it can be difficult to change setup.

Reducing paper workflow, increasing automation.

Munis review by User

"Munis runs very efficiently"

What do you like best?

Munis has been very reliable and easy to learn. There are many other users available to talk to ifyou feel you need other users experience.

What do you dislike?

I am not a fan of support. Many of my issues go unanswered

I am not a fan of support. I have issues that have not been resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Munis takes some time to learn. Be patient and reach out to other companies.

Invoicing, incorporating other Munis modules to replace other software i.e. QuickBooks

Munis review by <span>Marvin L.</span>
Marvin L.

"Senior Accountant at municipality"

What do you like best?

More intuitive than prior system. A lot of custom abilities (e.g. cubes).

What do you dislike?

Certain critical bugs are not addressed as timely as we would like. Sometimes support gives bad/wrong guidance.

Adding more ERP functionality which builds the organizations digital nervous system.

Munis review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Munis is OK"

What do you like best?

Quick to run reports

Many features for various tasks

What do you dislike?

Software feels outdated

Not the most user friendly software

Munis helps multiple departments keep track of finances. I like that I can search in Munis for keywords, amounts, or dates.

Munis review by <span>Heather B.</span>
Heather B.

"Looking forward to 2018"

What do you like best?

My users have found it easy to learn and navigate.

What do you dislike?

Service Packs and Hot Fixes can cause more issues than they fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go directly to 2018

Financials. The Munis workflow functionality has eliminated a lot of paper.

Munis review by <span>Roshanna G.</span>
Roshanna G.

"Munis in an HR World"

What do you like best?

Modules are available to assist with every facet of employment from job postings to termination of employment.

What do you dislike?

Limited supports in place for Human Resources

All HR functions, especially pay for employees that start or leave mid year

Munis review by Administrator

"Strong Financial, Weak Inventory/Work Order System"

What do you like best?

Increasing user friendly environment especially with the introduction of Hub.

What do you dislike?

Inventory control is lacking features that allow the warehouse manager complete control over product rotation and individual locations without going into deep configuration.

Work orders need an easier method in allowing individual users to have their names assigned to order pick tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have method for historical data saved .

Integration of multiple financial modules which can give a clearer picture of current situations.

Munis review by User in Government Relations
User in Government Relations

"Excellent for vendors "

What do you like best?

Minis is used by my company for our accounting and financial, as well as hr and citizen services. I like that it can handle so many different aspects of our job.

What do you dislike?

Munis self service can look a little dated. For example, the employment opportunities page isn't attractive and you can't search by department.

We use this for billing payments, as well as job postings. It's simple to put many things in one place.

Munis review by <span>Jessica A.</span>
Jessica A.

"Munis ESS / Aplicant Tracking"

What do you like best?

Data is transferable directly from the application process to the live munis section.

What do you dislike?

Not as user friendly and third party programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the newest version possible.

Elimination of paper process. Value for the product.

Munis review by User in Higher Education

"Munis -Government Financial Software"

What do you like best?

Integration within all departments. Being able to perform project accounting without having to use separate spreadsheets and software applications such as Microsoft Project.

What do you dislike?

Not as user friendly as anticipated - would have liked to been able to see dashboards that were more modern and easily recognized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to include the actual users when determining it's value rather than just the top players. Those individuals rarely use the platforms.

Project Accounting

"Munis"

What do you like best?

The product is always adapting to change.

What do you dislike?

Some aspects of customer service. It takes a long time get support to work on certain parts of Munis. TCM team in particular

Creating less work for employees which allows them to perform other task and roles. Recently we implemented CSS which has allowed our employees to spend more time in the field collecting on delinquent accounts or business who have not paid.

Munis review by <span>Edena J. A.</span>
Edena J. A.

"MUNIS would be Great if Support was better."

What do you like best?

The features of this software is very good and it automates many functions of my entity.

What do you dislike?

The support and amount of key stokes for certain features.

Financials for a municipal entity

Munis review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"MUNIS is comprehensive and powerful, and helps keep accounting on track."

What do you like best?

I like its comprehensiveness. It has the ability to provide structure for all of our accounting practices.

What do you dislike?

MUNIS is complicated to learn. Once a user gets used to the program, this is mastered. But before mastery, it seems a little esoteric; a little hard for the occasional user to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MUNIS is powerful and comprehensive. I recommend it.

We use MUNIS for general accounting, purchasing, and budgeting..

Munis review by <span>John T.</span>
John T.

"JT Review"

What do you like best?

That it is evolving so its becoming better each time hope this is 40 characters

What do you dislike?

Current 10.5 version-too clanky

Even more opportunity to say nothing

Budget building with Excel

Munis review by <span>brenda p.</span>
brenda p.

"requisitions"

What do you like best?

speed and ease of ordering and also love how screens are set

What do you dislike?

not enough ways to search, also need more ways to condense purchase oders and vendor roles

n/c

Munis review by <span>Evan W.</span>
Evan W.

"Munis - the tool for the town "

What do you like best?

Workability with different departments and needs

What do you dislike?

Drilling in to a lot of screens and the overall stretch of it makes it overwhelming

Billing needs with water and wastewater

Munis review by <span>Sean B.</span>
Sean B.

"Billing Operations Supervisor"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, great product overall, user friendly

What do you dislike?

Can be a little difficult to navigate sometimes

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient, great tech support

Making Service Orders, billing customers efficiently

"I Like Munis"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Intuitive. Lots of data access in different formats.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I wish that certain data was on certain reports but I think this is solved by Excel Cubes and some other improvements I've seen in the classes during Tyler Connect 2018

I work mainly with accounts payable so keep budgets within allocations and checking if payments have been made and checks cashed.

Munis review by <span>Julie M.</span>
Julie M.

"MUNIS"

What do you like best?

Robust. Integrates finance, payroll, HR.

What do you dislike?

Historical data is unwieldy. Especially as related to HR functions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get lots of documentation until implementation

Integration across functins

Munis review by <span>Cynthia C.</span>
Cynthia C.

"Newish users yet this product has helped to streamline a lot of our processes saving time & money"

What do you like best?

the simplicity of moving between modules

What do you dislike?

setting roles and user attributes can be confusing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend!

Streamlining processes, improving time and staff utilization

Munis review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Education Management
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Education Management

"Transitioning from Skyward"

What do you like best?

Similar interface to SharePoint, very functional.

What do you dislike?

Hesitant to provide access to Crystal Reports because they want to fully migrate to SSRS. As an organization than recently transitioned from Skyward to Tyler, we lost a lot of already completed Crystal Reports that are no longer of use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Similar interface to SharePoint.

Currently using SSRS to connect to Tyler database and pull data.

"Munis as a service"

What do you like best?

The ability to track permits from start to finish, the ability to track inspections from start to finish within a particular project and for a particular parcel.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the restrictions of reporting, or at least the ones that are contained in the tables that are invisble to me.

Trying to attribute time stamps to different processes.

User in Education Management

"I was a cheerleader- what happened?"

What do you like best?

I love the interface and the simplicity of the view. Reports are ok.

What do you dislike?

With upgrade to 11.3 everything takes sooooo long. I am literally pulling my hair out and spending hours a day just clicking a button adding zero value

I was able to run reports and show trends- allowing me to load balance with my people

Munis review by <span>Wanda H.</span>
Wanda H.

"Munis"

What do you like best?

The Import Feature is my favorite feature

What do you dislike?

Not being able to merge several different reports into one

Budgeting

Munis review by User

"MUNIS is specific to your departmental function."

What do you like best?

The program is specific to my department. Having the product calculate permit fees is a big plus.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the current version we use because the font is small and we are very outdated.

I don't know what business problems we are solving but the benefit is that each inspector can add to a permit.

Munis review by User

"User friendly (for the most part)"

What do you like best?

It is easy to learn. Most things are very user friendly. I love the train environment.

What do you dislike?

Refunds are painful. Sometimes it feels like there are too many steps to a process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's better than JDE!

It is more time efficient than any other system i have used. More people can easily use it.

Munis review by Administrator

"Review from a client going through implementation"

What do you like best?

Software is government focused. Lots of government clients

What do you dislike?

Implementation staff have insufficient experience to provide solid consulting support

Hoping to use a vendor that will be around for a long time, one who is forward-focused, using R & D to continually update the products with new features and benefits for our users.

"munis user"

What do you like best?

Great project managers who get the job done nd provide useful support and understand our needs.

What do you dislike?

Munis fixed assets. Some of our project managers have been ineffective and disappointing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

invest in training, shadow another user to get a feel for new products

PO's, PR, onboarding, UB, Dashboard for new user ease

"Munis Review"

What do you like best?

Tyler Contect Manager and attaching documents to various processes

What do you dislike?

Number of steps in processes. and the inconsistencies. Some programs require output posting to hit general ledger other do not. Some programs allow posting to effective dates outside of period, other do not.

Easier budget development for new fiscal years

"Technology"

What do you like best?

The fact that it is time sensitive and we are able to see or audit everything

What do you dislike?

the issues that we have with some of the modules

Recommendations to others considering the product

We need to ensure that the Tyler people understand the educational. arena when building the products

We are able to do things electronically

"Effective"

What do you like best?

I love that we are able to help all departments in our school district effectively with the Munis product

What do you dislike?

The only thing of dislike is when upgrading we experience issue that were not present before.

We are able to process payroll with so many moving parts that come together.

Executive Sponsor

"Functional system will save time in most cases"

What do you like best?

This is a web based system that allows paper minimizing workflows.

What do you dislike?

While there is a lot of functionality, there are some things that just don't work as well as the existing system in some cases

We are on an old mainframe based system that is out of support

"New User"

What do you like best?

I love the CENTRAL programs within the applications. It's a one stop shop. I also like the ability to import/export into the applications

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet as we are new to the system.

Someimes have issues with timely Support resolutons but the issue is usely resolved onceupport get involved

"Munis Review"

What do you like best?

We can have our Financial and HR/Payroll data in one system. The ability to search and export data is absolutely powerful

What do you dislike?

The limited reports, the inability to integrate with other software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation is very important

Financial reporting, giving users the ability to track their own financial information.

"Deputy Finance Director"

What do you like best?

the many modules that can link together. the new changes done every year that makes it better & better

What do you dislike?

Our slow speed because we have to go thru a township firewall

timeclocks will now automate our payroll system & save time & be more accurate and detailed

Munis review by Administrator

"I am very pleased with MUNIS"

What do you like best?

As an IT director I love the customer support that Tyler offers

What do you dislike?

nothing very pleased. i suppose if it was cheaper it woild be nice. but i feel i am getting great customer service

we use it for Financial and utility billing. very happy

"Munis"

What do you like best?

It is a very well put together system that has everything in one place.

What do you dislike?

It is a little complex at times but the customer support to help understand the product is amazing.

We are trying to unite all of our data in one place.

"Implementation"

What do you like best?

All-in-one versus several third party softwares. Easy conversion from another sql based database.

What do you dislike?

We are still in the early stages of implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to have an ERP analyst on staff and get to know your implementation team with Munis

Search in TCMEE.

"Sr IT Analyst"

What do you like best?

Providing solution. Make my colleages' job easier

What do you dislike?

politics. people not focus on a common goal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

ask lots of questions and make sure they show you to make sure it works the way you want. Don't let the sales person fool you.

Financial, HR

"Total Solution"

What do you like best?

The Munis product line addresses our needs in most all of the departments across the County Government.

What do you dislike?

The Re-occuring cost of the product is substantial as is the initial investment for additional modules and implementation.

Sharing data across the organization

"Munis Financials 11.2"

What do you like best?

We just went live on 11.2 April 2018. The reporting capabitites.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes to enter information into the system and process checks.

We are now able to pay our vendors with ACH. We can send out electronic POs.

"Overall a plus!"

What do you like best?

Excited to see the future enhancements of 2019, especially in the realm of applicant tracking!

What do you dislike?

Currently, nothing as we have yet to implement!

Many! The biggest is the fact that we will have one combined system for benefits and payroll!

Munis review by User

"Munis is a great, well rounded product"

What do you like best?

that all modules are linked allowing City's like mine to be on one universal platform

What do you dislike?

some modules aren't as seamless as others

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great well rounded product

stronger financial reporting, cleaner internal and external audits, better transparency

Munis review by User

"This is a great networking conference and quite informative"

What do you like best?

The conference contain a wide range of products and classes.

What do you dislike?

There are a limited number of sessions for my module.

My city implemented numerous products and working toward more efficient processes. Tyler will enable us to make that transition.

Executive Sponsor

"Munis Improves the Way You Do Business!"

What do you like best?

The integration being on Windows platform.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I am completely satisfied with the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend moving to Munis ASAP. It is easy to implement and the evergreen program is excellent!

Access to data for reporting, user interface ease,

Munis review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Munis"

What do you like best?

Munis is an all encompassing program. Allows to do payroll, billing, budget all in one tool.

What do you dislike?

Can be difficult to use at times and pulling reports is difficult.

Able to do payroll, budget, etc all in one place

"Munis Good and Bad"

What do you like best?

Like the integration with payroll, human resources and the general ledger.

What do you dislike?

Too many parts of the program are linked but need to be set up separately.

Inhouse payroll. Benefits are the integration with general ledger.

Munis review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Functional and efficient "

What do you like best?

The support is amazing. It's almost like I don't have to support it myself

What do you dislike?

It's a fairly new product for us so a few kinks are still getting ironed out.

Used for purchasing and account management

Munis review by Administrator

"Using Munis Maryland Tax product"

What do you like best?

Application works well and is kept up to date with changes made by the state.

What do you dislike?

Only have the tax product which makes keeping current on the changes made to the G/L difficult

Tax billing.

Munis review by Administrator

"This is the most up to date software I have seen in awhile"

What do you like best?

I love the functionality of all the modules.

What do you dislike?

I haven't seen anything I don't like yet.

We have easier access to reports and are able to do much more than we currently can.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

The options of export all reports that I need on excel, text or PDF

What do you dislike?

I would like to export w2 after the wozard on PDF before I print

We are migrating to Excecutime

"Munis user. "

What do you like best?

Ease of applications.. ability to get demonstrations of the products and that tyler has products to meet our business needs.

What do you dislike?

Support has been difficult to reach or get a response from.

Financial

Executive Sponsor

"Very complete. Wish you didn't have to pay for each and every new module. Should bundle."

What do you like best?

all the features. it is really catching up to being a great full service hris.

What do you dislike?

that it's all separate programs. very confusing.

none yet. We have not started using all the capabilities.

Munis review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Tyler Tech"

What do you like best?

They offer lots of options. This software can help throughout the system.

What do you dislike?

Their customer training is expensive. The cost to have them come in and train was alot.

Streamlining the business office needs

"Munis "

What do you like best?

I like the options that are available.

What do you dislike?

We haven't updated yet. Hopefully we will soon.

I want to get all business licenses set up in the BL module.

"Treasurer/collector"

What do you like best?

how much function it has. The ability to use the software in many different roles

What do you dislike?

sometime lock down features that do not need to be there

decentrilizing responsiblities

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Customer service is on point. Very responsive and timely.

What do you dislike?

Some of the products are still immature .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cloud for sure!

Reporting is simpler and we are more productive.

Munis review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Review "

What do you like best?

The ability that others have to see past expenses

What do you dislike?

Just getting Tyler techs to help Out with issues

Less paper , approval process is informational for many

"MUNIS"

What do you like best?

Tyler's committment to keep the product current.

What do you dislike?

The upgrades are releases yearly, they need to less often.

MUNIS allowed us to replace multiple softwares with one product.

"Munis Product Suite"

What do you like best?

The wide variety of difference products that make up the Munis suite of products.

What do you dislike?

Some applications can be mouse intensive.

Using Munis for ERP application and Permitting.

Munis review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"using 2017 version and product has been unstable"

What do you like best?

some UIs are good once it is fully functioning

What do you dislike?

frequent updates and service packs that break other functionality previously working

Recommendations to others considering the product

go with stable version

performance and stability

Munis review by Administrator

"an ERP with lots of potential!"

What do you like best?

the purchasing module. simple to use....

What do you dislike?

there is nothing not to like. the product works fine.

we use munis for purchasing, invoicing, payroll

Munis review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Still New"

What do you like best?

Workflow and Tyler Hub plus self services

What do you dislike?

REPORTS are super ugly and are not easy to setup

Workflow

Learning about Munis?

* We monitor all Munis reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.