Mura

Mura review by Agency in Computer Software
Agency in Computer Software

New to Mura

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I am very new to Mura and have only been using it for the past few months. I still have a lot to learn, but so far I like that this CMS is a true CMS and not just a blogging platform. There are a lot of powerful personalization capabilities and it doesn't seem to be difficult for non-tech users to navigate.

What do you dislike?

The Mura community is a bit small and it would be nice if the the online documentation was more detailed (granted there is already a lot of Mura docs available, but it is still very difficult to find what I need and often the docs don't have the answer) . As a brand new user, I've been relying on the online documentation and community google forums in order to learn, and I often end up having trouble finding exactly what I need.

The admin interface also feels outdated, and there is a shortage of well designed templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a CFML based CMS then Mura would be a good option.

I use Mura to build and design custom websites for both for-profit and non-profit clients. I am still unsure of the benefits Mura has compared to other CMS.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Sean Schroeder of Mura

Hi there,

Thanks very much for taking the time to write a review. We understand your concerns and have taken steps to improve 2 out of 3, the Admin UI and the Docs. In fact, if you update to the latest version of Mura (released since you wrote this review), Mura 7, you'll find a completely redesigned admin. We hope you find it to be an improvement.

As for docs, we are in the process a completely re-doing them completely. In addition, we'll be supplementing the docs with blog posts to illustrate how to do a variety of things in Mura. Please let us know if there is anything you'd like to see.

Again, thanks for taking the time. We appreciate the feedback.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Mura
Mura review by <span>Andrew B.</span>
Andrew B.

Enterprise Open Source CMS

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Mura is a flexible open source CMS that I use to develop my clients websites. The platform is easy-to-use for both developers and content contributors and has built-in content management features that allow users to easily develop and stage content and create granular content approval workflows. Mura makes great use of reusable components and has a very easy to use form builder. Businesses looking for a flexible framework that can grow with their business, Mura CMS is an great choice.

What do you dislike?

As the Mura community is still growing the availability of plugins and themes is not as robust as some other platforms but this is quickly changing as Mura adoption increases.

From an consultancy viewpoint, Mura CMS has made it easy for me to adopt as my default platform because it makes it easy to manage many client sites and it is a great tool that my clients can manage on their own after a site is developed if they so choose.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Web Content Management solution do you use?

Mura review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

Using Mura as a non-coder

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and the ability to manipulate the tables easily

What do you dislike?

The handling of photos can be problematic. It's sometimes difficult to get the right padding and spacing in the wysiwyg

I build most of our webpages on several sites. I do product development. Mura has made it possible for me to work faster because I don't have to wait for a coder to get things done.

Mura review by <span>Andrew B.</span>
Andrew B.
Validated Review

A CMS that could be more

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Mura is very user-friendly, and features an easy-to-learn UI that allows flexibility and robust web editing features.

What do you dislike?

Mura's user-friendliness makes it less adaptable for the more technically-savvy user. The interface seems a bit clunky when compared to other CMS's I have used (ie. CQ) and the biggest drawback is the editing structure (ie. draft content vs. versioning, etc)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you do a thorough needs assessment and take Mura up on their trial offer. Make sure it is the platform that's right for your organization.

Mura provides a good platform for a wide range of users who manage the content on our site. We have been able to involve many teams in the process of publishing web documents, whereas more complicated CMS's have been used primarily in the past by only a select few who understand it.

Mura review by User in Computer Software
Validated Review
What do you like best?

If power appeals to you, then you are in the right spot. It is extremely powerful and provides a ton of customizations options for a CMS.

What do you dislike?

Not the most visually appealing templates available. Most have to be hand generated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth a shot for flexibility

Used as a backup CMS

Mura review by <span>John S.</span>
John S.
Validated Review

Full featured and easy to customize

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Mura CMS has a great feature set and is very easy to customize to meet site requirements. It has a long history and is about to release version 7. The development team behind the product is fantastic and eager to help potential developers and users of the platform.

What do you dislike?

As it is CFML-based, it does not have the adoption rate of some other CMS's available. This limits the plugins that exist in the wild when compared to other platforms such as Wordpress and Drupal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to use either Adobe Coldfusion or Lucee, Mura CMS is one of the best options for a CMS framework. It is used by many and has strong user support and also has a strong development track record.

I use Mura CMS to run a large non-profit website that features many different types of content, forms and e-commerce capabilities. Mura has added features over time and allowed us to provide more functionality for our staff and end users. We have also worked with the developers, Blue River Interactive, on a responsive theme for our site and they were a pleasure to work with.

Learn more about Mura

Mura Videos

Learning about Mura?

* We monitor all Mura reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.