4.7
(38 reviews)

MURAL enables remote creative teams to collaborate on researching, brainstorming and designing ideas.

Work for MURAL?

Learning about MURAL?

MURAL Reviews

Ask MURAL a Question
Showing 40 MURAL reviews
MURAL review by Martin W.
Martin W.

"Plan anything on your own or in a remote team... Use it as a classroom tool"

What do you like best?

Mural is super flexible. You can plan and organize pretty much any project. I love that you can easily insert photos, videos, and even audio.

I recently started using it as a classroom tool. I present my Mural instead of a PowerPoint deck and my students can contribute to it in real time. It's super dynamic. In fact, I haven't used PowerPoint or Prezi since I started using Mural in August.

What do you dislike?

When more than 5 or 6 people are in a mural, it can get pretty hectic, but you can control this by making different "zones" of a Mural for each person/team.

I would like to be able to move and edit a Mural while a youtube video is playing, but I think this is a limitation caused by YouTube's API.

Planning complex performance improvement projects that include data inputs from many different sources and many different stakeholders, some of whom contribute to/update the Mural and some of whom just view it as it grows.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MURAL
MURAL review by James T.
James T.

"Essential collaboration tool for any work—not just software!"

What do you like best?

Gets everyone in the same "room" whether you're in the office or working remotely. Much more efficient than working with a physical whiteboard and sticky notes. Allows easy sharing of work sessions with others, and preserves an archive to be able to organize your work better across projects and teams. I use the tool for making rapid prototypes (software design). The limited set of styles is advantageous when working in this capacity. We've even taken prototypes into user testing directly inside MURAL since it's so easy to share and allows participants to get involved.

What do you dislike?

There's a slight learning curve for new users. We generally onboard new users before a work session to get them familiar with working within MURAL so they are more comfortable with the basics. Performance has improved greatly since the early versions of the product. There are still hiccups sometimes, but they are manageable. There are a few nitpicky items such as writing over other peoples notes when there are several people in the room actively working, but these don't deter us from using the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time reviewing the available features before jumping in and learning on your own. There are several features that might appear "hidden" to some and could really help you and your team along the way.

Huge time saver and costs savings by allowing real-time collaboration that doesn't require anyone to travel to a physical location. Allows us to apply known/proven frameworks as templates to quickly stand-up working sessions for user research and synthesis of discussions across departments and teams.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

MURAL review by Julie A.
Julie A.

"MURAL--my favorite work tool"

What do you like best?

There are so many things I love about MURAL...a few of them are:

- ability to for a board to become as big as I need it to be. Not constrained by dimensions.

- allows for non-linear as well as linear "presentations"

- keeps me from having to use "slides" to organize and present ideas.

- truly collaborative. Allows many of us to look at one mural board at one time and/or go in an edit simultaneously.

- easy to share with others--whether just one board or a whole room.

- not limited re: what I can put on a mural. Allows me to mix text with imagery w/screenshots with diagrams w/icons and shapes. Import images. Copy and paste urls that then turn into thumbnails. I often hyperlink screenshots of other content repositories so that users can quickly access more in-depth materials. ("other" could be another mural board or some other application).

Please note the opinions expressed here are my own and are not meant to represent those of any organization.

What do you dislike?

my iPhone screen size. if it were bigger, I would no doubt use Mural more often from my smart phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try--I honestly can't imagine going back to working in my "pre-MURAL" days.

1) communicate more effectively, especially newer concepts, because you can customize degree of detail in demonstrating business case to various audiences using the same mural board.

2) provide easy access to our Sprint Demos, which we all do on MURAL boards.

3) capture concepts and ideas and know where to go back and find them.

MURAL review by Da-Nhât N.
Da-Nhât N.

"An excellent tool for online brainstorming and collaboration"

What do you like best?

- The ability to collaborate in real-time, with names of people following their mouse cursor. Insanely great.

- Templates to structure online collaboration: allows online collaboration to be faster than when people are in the room!

- The ability to easily search and import pictures, icons, etc from the web

- A prezi-like presentation mode

What do you dislike?

- Difficult to re-use all the work in PowerPoint: export is only in PNG, text and PDF (workaround: get Acrobat Pro and export PDF to PowerPoint)

- Export is made through download links sent via e-mail, which is cumbersome

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the design business, are serious about getting remote team members contribute with their ideas, and are looking for an online brainstorming tool that is easy-to-use, easy to deploy and administer, then Mural is definitely a tool to consider. Teams may be very productive and online brainstorming may even be pleasurable with this kind of tool.

We managed to involve remote teams through the steps of design thinking. Without this kind of tool, this would not even be under consideration.

We have now a permanent place online to store brainstorm productions and be able to work incrementally over time. Whiteboards get erased; teams appreciate this permanent place.

MURAL review by Basil C.
Basil C.

"This is a game changing cloud service for individuals and teams to visualize and work through ideas."

What do you like best?

The simplicity of user interface is refreshing. I actually like it more than traditional whiteboards and sticky notes because, 1. my handwriting is that of a 'doctors' at best, and 2. the speed of unpacking ideas and arranging them on the board. 3. that the valuable ideas and concepts laid out are protected from loss on the cloud servers, not on the device.

What do you dislike?

At this point, I have no hard complaints or critiques. If being nit picky, I would ask for more arrow styles; but speed may be a limiting factor in this. Also, add other biz canvas's to list, specifically the Flourish canvas. The only other thing I think would be helpful would be if there was a way to do a split screen slider between a google doc/sheet/slide page(s) for faster work and even cross platform point/tagging. Another possible addition will be the ability to paste a youtube link, to embed a video. Maybe this is already possible. Lastly, it seems like I am unable to edit on mobile android device(Huawei p20).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enjoy the process.

As a visual creator, MURAL has been perfect for unpacking and logging my rather wordy concepts, plans and designs, in an easy to understand way to complement the denser technical white papers. It also helps me draw new connections and discover solutions. For someone who is new to the world of story mapping, business planning, user flows, project planning, etc, MURAL makes it easy to adopt these tools.

MURAL review by Laura O.
Laura O.

"Ultimate MURAL fangirl"

What do you like best?

I love the integration with Post-It Plus. It's super easy to get real-life post it notes into MURAL without typing everything up. Just take a picture and it's uploaded. I also love how easy it is to collaborate virtually, even with people who don't have a MURAL login.

What do you dislike?

I wish that MURAL included simple flowchart tools like the ones in Draw.io. For example, I want to easily create flow arrows between things, and the current arrow doesn't have the same smart snap/angle like Draw.io.

I have used MURAL to: independently conduct analysis during an alpha launch for a product, facilitate a remote retrospective with a distributed design team, facilitate a remote subject-matter expert workshop about the gaps/pain points of the current state of an experience, create a customer journey map, record an Impact/Difficulty matrix from a LUMA session using the template, and record and analyze post it notes made during a live in-person stakeholder workshop. All of that is just in the last 3 months!

MURAL review by Hailey T.
Hailey T.

"Visual communication and collaboration"

What do you like best?

I use mural to organize and convey concepts on a global team. When key ideas risk getting lost in translation, I depend on MURAL to help align my co-workers and allow people to contribute to a project. I also love that MURAL is flexible - I have used the tool to organize events, create project plans, and host virtual workshops.

Their team also hosts fantastic webinars to make sure you get the most value from the tool. I've been inspired to use the tool in new ways.

What do you dislike?

There's a learning curve to using the tool, so you do need to introduce people to MURAL and get them comfortable before diving in with a team or group.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the "getting started" guides to make the most of the tool and get some tips about virtual collaboration.

Virtual collaboration - saving money on travel and still being able to have contribution among team members. Visual communication helps reduce confusion and align the team.

MURAL review by Marc P.
Marc P.

"Usa Mural para organizar tus ideas."

What do you like best?

Me gusta que no haya restricciones en cuanto a la distribución de los objetos que vamos añadiendo. También me gusta que el mural se va guardando automáticamente a medida que lo modifiquemos, y podemos invitar a otros usuarios para así trabajar en grupo. Lo que más me gusta es que todo se cifra para preservar la privacidad. Otra ventaja es que tenemos la posibilidad de descargarnos una copia de seguridad de las pizarras en formato ZIP para poder restaurarla por si elimino las pizarras por error o hago cambios no deseables.

What do you dislike?

Mural nos deja mantener dos de estos murales virtuales con hasta cincuenta colaboradores de forma gratuita, aunque hay planes de pago a partir de 12 euros mensuales que nos dejan gestionar de 20 a infinitas pizarras según nuestras necesidades, por lo que ofrece es un precio un poco caro. También deberían añadir una demo para poder saber utilizar Mural porque al principio puede ser un poco confuso porque la aplicación es muy poco intuitiva. También suele ir un poco lenta la aplicación en dispositivos antiguos, esto sobretodo ocurre al añadir nuevos elementos y al modificarlos. Por todo lo demás es una aplicación muy completa y útil que no me ha dado ningún fallo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es una de las mejores herramientas que puedes utilizar. No necesitas descargar ningún software sólo necesitas utilizar un navegador web con conexión a Internet. Lo puedes utilizar en todos tus dispositivos incluso lo puedes utilizar en los dispositivos móviles utilizando su app. Además puedes utilizar el periodo gratuito que ofrecen para saber si cubre tus necesidades este programa !!!

Mural es una herramienta ideal para trabajar con mis compañeros y plantear proyectos colaborativos donde todos puedan participar y aportar sus ideas. Puede ser de gran utilidad tanto a la hora de organizar los equipos, como a la hora de presentar los trabajos. Algunos proyectos que puedes llevar a cabo son biografías ilustradas de escritores o personajes históricos, herbarios digitales, guiones de cortometrajes u obras de teatro de nueva creación. Ya sea para organizar un proyecto entero o para hacer un simple brainstorming, esta puede ser una herramienta a considerar.

MURAL review by Roberta M.
Roberta M.

"Helps me create layouts for video ideas"

What do you like best?

I love the mood board layout. I utilize it to create different videos for our website. By being able to place photos into specific categories, I can create videos for certain purposes (holidays, recent events, introductory vids,etc).

What do you dislike?

It would be great if I could take the mood board layouts and then turn them into videos. But just having the ability to create layouts before I turn them into videos is helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a fantastic tool! So many uses for any business! I'm still learning what it has to offer each day! I highly recommend using this tool!

It has made making videos for our website much smoother and they look even better! It is helpful to have the ability to layout all photos before creating a video.

I can also share current projects with other users and they can add to it or change it, that is very helpful. There has been a lot less "I'll send you those pics" because they can just quickly and easily add it to the layout/project.

MURAL review by Benjamin C.
Benjamin C.

"Working with collaborative roles"

What do you like best?

I like that MURAL allows to unify the work team and entrust a specific role to each member of the team, in this way all contribute equally to the project in process. The use of templates for each project or occasion makes the whole process much more creative and unique. The advantage of adhesive notes that update automatically is unbreakable, it is a fantastic tool; all this contributes to have a fast software, easy to use and configure, besides being true and efficient in all its functions.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning it can be a bit complicated to understand, it is necessary for an introductory demo in this way when starting to use the software you can start using it almost instantaneously with all the basic knowledge. The rest has worked magnificently and without problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to join your work team and integrate them to do a better job, I recommend that you use MURAL and that you exploit all the creative and professional potential of each member of your work group.

Facilitates communication and teamwork, allows the progress of projects and the integration of all in a simple way in which each member joins to contribute their own ideas. So we move faster at work and everything becomes much simpler.

MURAL review by Justin K.
Justin K.

"Mural Makes a Great Impression with my Clients "

What do you like best?

It works, with extremely little learning curve for even the most non-digital native user.

What do you dislike?

Admin console can be made a little more clear for access and usability

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to get used to and familiar with the features. There are some powerful tools to use during work sessions and can make a client/team work session move more smoothly.

With clients and team members spread across the country, this is the closest thing to working side by side. Great way to visualize the entirety of a project. This is extremely helpful for production team and the clients. as It shows the work in a better quantifiable way rather than a spreadsheet or other traditional reporting conventions.

MURAL review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Mural has become an indispensable tool for our distributed scrum teams "

What do you like best?

The tool is completely open and flexible, allowing for individual creativity and a broad spectrum of uses.

It has solved a key need for distributed team collaboration, replacing previous attempts to share a physical whiteboard through video, screensharing, etc.

One of the best features is the ability for many users to contribute to the board at the same time while seeing all others' updates in real time.

What do you dislike?

If you leave the screen for a short period of time, it frequently goes into a "Trying to reconnect..." state, making the screen unavailable until the connection has been re-established.

It would be extremely helpful to us to have integration with Microsoft TFS. We do a lot of backlog building in Mural. The ability to generate a TFS backlog from a Mural would save us a lot of effort.

Product backlog building/brainstorming: Chief Product Owners building initiative and epic backlogs with business leaders, other CPOs, and Product Owners, most of whom are distributed across the globe. Mural has allowed us to have all attendees contribute in real time, as if we were in the room together with Post-Its on a wall.

We also use this as an information radiator to communicate our initiatives,backlog progress, impediments, and burndowns.

MURAL review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Best Real-time Collaborative Whiteboard Tool"

What do you like best?

Faster than a physical whiteboard with Post-it notes.

Import of physical Post-it notes from Post-it Plus app to Mural is a lifesaver! Much more convenient when you leave the physical meeting space.

What do you dislike?

Challenging to keep everyone focused when there is a mixture of on-site and remote individuals. Everyone needs a device to participate in the Mural and active window recognition could help us understand who is really participating.

It would be REALLY nice to be able to send a link that would allow a visitor (no license) real-time view-only access to a Mural. It would also be great to have settings that would allow you to lock visitor view or allow them to explore without moving or creating objects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Based on how we are using Mural, it has been helpful to have the full support of a team before signing up a single user. Full support is everyone committed to trying Mural for a period of time. The power of Mural is in the real-time collaboration.

I do not use the draw feature often, but it is available.

Some of our Software Engineers wish it was easier to create a wireframe.

We have used Mural for remote retrospectives, user story mapping, backlog refinement, and other community meetings. The simultaneous user collaboration if phenomenal.

Mural has been best utilized by teams that have all remote members and any team that would like to capture their ideas to move from place to place.

We often use the Post-it Plus app to capture an image of all Post-it notes when everyone is in an on-site meeting. We then import all Post-it notes into Mural to organize and record the outcomes of the session.

Many teams are now managing their higher level backlog using Mural and lower level backlog in TFS.

MURAL review by Christopher L.
Christopher L.

"Fantastic tool for remote workshops"

What do you like best?

The ability to import images and use software like the Post-It Plus made MURAL the perfect platform for remote and in-person teams to share answers and collaborate. We used the Post-It Plus app to take all of the answers from the physical attendees and post them on the MURAL board. We displayed the MURAL board on a TV so all teams could view each other’s answers and discuss their findings.

What do you dislike?

There were a few bugs when zooming, causing the mini-map on the bottom right to disappear. Using Cmd – or + on Mac worked most of the time, but it caused issues here and there. Board exports are sent as a link in an email when it would be easier to download directly to your computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look into Post-it Plus or MURAL Scan as a great way to integrate physical post-its with the digital ones.

Our UX team needed to conduct workshops with our stakeholders, and was required to accommodate remote participants. MURAL allowed both in-person and remote teams to share answers and collaborate effectively. Keeping remote participants engaged is a challenge, and MURAL made it possible.

MURAL review by Joe L.
Joe L.

"Mural has allowed us to evolve the way we work"

What do you like best?

My team and I regularly design and lead design thinking workshops and design sprints. This tool as allowed us to offer these to teams who cannot travel to one physical location. We've recreated the "whiteboard in a conference room" effect. My favorite feature is the voting tools - it's allowed us to help teams make lighting fast decisions that would actually take longer in person.

What do you dislike?

The sketching with apple pencil and iPad pro is not quite there yet, but improving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have an actual project you can test it out against and if you don't know where to begin, just try to recreate everything you would do if you and the team were in the same conference room.

redesigning the intake process for an operations team, designing a live online chat experience, redesigning the recruiting experience, redesigning an audit team's processes, redesigning the processes for sharing data insights, building an online knowledge sharing community and many more...

We engage at different stages of projects. Depending on the situation, we have helped teams understand their business and user problems, ideate solutions against known problems or test and validate solutions.

MURAL review by User

"great keeper and sharer"

What do you like best?

Mural is great at keeping knowledge and allowing many people to be able to collaborate on and/or consume the information.

What do you dislike?

Mural is not a fun tool to use when trying to create process flows. I rather use other tools, then pull in a screenshot of the flow, which is suboptimal, because others can no longer truly collaborate on the flow.

I also dislike the way the Microsoft Surface app works with the pen. If I want to write on the surface, I have to put my hand down, but it moves the board around before I can make the first mark. It's very disorienting. AWESOME idea and would LOVE to use it for real, but have not been able to make it work yet.

Collaboration, especially with remote teams or even co-located teams. Single visual location of information radiators and collaborated documents.

MURAL review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great for virtual collaboration (consulting and client work)"

What do you like best?

I’m a big fan of the voting functionality which helps the team quickly prioritize or narrow down options. Another favorite is the built-in frameworks which are great accelerators when I’m building a new mural for a meeting. I love the integration with LUMA so I can easily drag and drop those templates into my MURAL.

When I use MURAL, I notice that team members are much more engaged because they have a clear role and contribution to make to the meeting rather than passively watching someone else edit content or take notes.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve the first time people are on it and it can be a bit clunky at times. For example, clicking into elements to edit them sometimes drops an unwanted sticky note into the mural.

I’ve prepared murals for team ice breakers when a new team is forming – each team member can add pictures and answer questions to introduce themselves in a more dynamic and memorable way. I’ve used it for brainstorming sessions where all team members simultaneously capture their point of view, quickly spotting similarities and differences.

MURAL review by Mike C.
Mike C.

"Use it remotely or use it in-person!"

What do you like best?

Mural nails the balance of flexibility and structure for collaborating on design projects while involving people from all across the company. You can do just about anything you want in there, but you can give it form and function too. Oh, and the real-time piece.

What do you dislike?

Some people have a hard time learning how to fly around the canvas. Some people even struggle just to gain access to a shared mural. Where I feel totally natural using Mural with ease, they have a hard time getting into it because they don't know how to get around easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you learn how to easily pan and zoom before you try anything else.

We have teams of people from all over the world who need to work together, sometimes at the same time. Mural enables us to think together, visually and eliminates the guessing games.

"Idea Management "

What do you like best?

MURAL really appeals to the designer in me (and was first shared with me by our design team). It’s easy to upload images, to create “post its” for tracking, and to share with others collaboratively.

What do you dislike?

Fairly slow interface; adding new elements is a bit of a pain at times, and I've had to partition some elements across multiple MURALs just for the sake of functionality. I also feel like the zoom function is a little intractable at times. I like the product from an entry-level user perspective, but feel relatively little desire to learn more abou tit.

Mostly we’ve used it to keep track of CX problems, which we then share with the design and system teams (many of whom are remote). It makes for easier sharing than, say, a spreadsheet or a Google doc. Categorization is supported through multiple dimensions, and is pretty easy to enforce.

MURAL review by Lavi P.
Lavi P.

"New Mural, Who Dis???"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use. So much purpose to every feature! Truly based on how a user would like and need this tool to work and not just how a developer thinks this would works.

What do you dislike?

That not enough people know about Mural.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! You don't even realise you really need it.

We are using less post-it's. It's allowed us to feel more and more comfortable with the transition to digital ways of working. We are able to save time by only writing an idea, a note, a task ONCE.

MURAL review by Duane T.
Duane T.

"Using MURAL will change the way any team approaches collaboration, idea generation, and alignment"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the application. Training is nice but it is not required. MURAL has a feature set that does not overwhelm its users and is powerful enough to be used for facilitation of very large workshops.

What do you dislike?

The MURAL application works best on Chrome and the user experience for Microsoft browsers is steadily improving but not as good.

Collaboration with remote teams; collaboration with local teams; visualizes thinking; 50% less time is needed to document our workshops; energizes stand ups; strategic planning and goals setting; Requirements specifications; project alignment;

MURAL review by Patrick W.
Patrick W.

"Killer Way To Digitize Design Sprints"

What do you like best?

It's extremely free form and easy to get ideas onto a canvas quickly. It accepts multiple inputs (even websites) via drag and drop. Group voting is a great feature too (especially for remote teams).

What do you dislike?

It's quite expensive and they don't have a free version. Larger teams may have to lobby to get it paid for. It's totally worth it if the team uses it though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you'd start or end any part of your process with post-it notes on a whiteboard, Mural is the digital replica of that thought. On top of that, it's a great way to organize ideas, features, research, competitors, etc. visually. Plus, group voting tools help your team prioritize all of these things with ease.

Collecting everything from research and input to ideas all in one place is massively helpful in ensuring everyone on the team has access to everything they need from day one. Questions of where "X" is and the lack of information intake can derail a project. Mural knocks all of that out at the very beginning.

Being able to track, sort and prioritize things just as you would on a whiteboard is absolutely killer.

MURAL review by Administrator

"Mural has transformed our work!"

What do you like best?

Mural is just so intuitive and easy to use, we have shared it with various other teams at work and they have all loved it too.

What do you dislike?

Big boards with lots of elements can be a bit slow but this hasn't caused major problems so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a really great tool that has just the right level of features so it is highly interactive, without being complex to learn. The facilitation tools are also fantastic to support interaction during a meeting or call.

We consider it essential to help us collaborate remotely. My team is based all around the country and we use this to support video and voice calling - to great effect.

MURAL review by Василий .
Василий .

"A great tool for visual thinking and information management."

What do you like best?

I love to rise above my records and glancing at them, to get insights and energy for new creativity.

What do you dislike?

This application is a dream and I like everything in the web version, but I do not have enough applications for androyd.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try this best app on the market. Applications analogues on the order behind Mural on all fronts.

Decisions on the choice of product design and the accumulation and ordering of materials for creativity.

MURAL review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Vital for promoting remote collaboration and free thinking "

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the tool is unlike any other; it's seamless at doing whatever you want it to do! I love that we can adapt all kinds of frameworks for remote meetings amongst our distributed workforce and still feel like we are all in the same room.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult sometimes to onboard new users into MURAL and get them familiar with the toolset. I also wish that the alignment guides worked better sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just explore all of the ways that you can use it upfront. Again, it's an EXTREMELY flexible tool, so it has a ton of power for literally every corner of your business, but it's kind of up to you to figure out how you can best maximize its value. I would encourage everyone to start off with just playing with the tool at first, and make sure that you give others a chance to play around with it BEFORE you actually have a meeting or anything, so as to reduce technical hiccups and discomfort.

We are using MURAL across the board, from the Executive level down to entry level employees for anything from facilitating strategic vision meetings, to interdisciplinary collaboration workshops, to moderated user research and design brainstorming. MURAL makes it possible for our distributed workforce to collaborate effectively with one another across the country, saving hugely on travel and logistical costs for in-person meetings.

MURAL review by User in Internet

"Easy to use and very handy"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to create a visual representation of meeting notes or a brainstorming session. Being able to search for, and drag on icons is so easy and smooth and helps take my flow-diagrams etc. to the next level!

What do you dislike?

I just wish they made exporting an area a little easier. I find the Area component a bit finicky but it's not too bad.

I use Mural to tell stories to stakeholders and team members. I find it especially useful now that I work in a satellite office to ensure that everyone is on the same page by supplementing our discussions with visuals in real-time.

MURAL review by Internal Consultant in Financial Services
Internal Consultant in Financial Services

"Excellent for dispersed collaboration"

What do you like best?

Real-time collaboration ability: This tool allows for better real-time collaboration better than any other tool I've used. Especially if you work in an Agile environment or are a facilitator for dispersed teams, this tool enables work to occur more efficiently and effectively.

Live voting can be used to enhance attention by team members and provide a way to gain recorded alignment on direction.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes wish there were more formatting options for text (ie, directional alignment) but understand that this is not the focus of the tool. Also sometimes find grabbing certain elements (lines/arrows) to be more difficult than it should, even for an advanced user.

Geo-dispersed collaboration / Innovation

More can be done in less time with less travel. Requires an experienced facilitator to get best use from the tool.

MURAL review by Horacio M.
Horacio M.

"Mural for learn studen how to work in a distance"

What do you like best?

The platform is very easy to use even for people that doesn't speak english.

What do you dislike?

I have problems with my students log in when people have some days without using it. My students complain a lot about that. I have to invite them again and some times they need to give me a different email because the one they use it the first time is block. I try to change the parameters in the administrator menu but is not working.

I am using Mural for teaching Design Thinking.

MURAL review by User

"The closest digital equivalent to a physical wall or whiteboard"

What do you like best?

That my teams and I can collaborate remotely in a way that closely resembles the free-flowing, creative workflow we have when working colocated in front of a physical whiteboard. Mural is intuitive to use so that new users can jump in and participate almost instantly.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that it is a digital tool.

Mural allows me to collaborate with non-colocated teams.

Benefits:

* energized teams after 1 hour remote meetings

* joyful remote meetings

* clear remote meetings

MURAL review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Mural is a great tool for remote collaboration"

What do you like best?

We use Mural to get people from different locations out of the stale conference call atmosphere and into a collaborative, visual space. It helps us think more visually and analytically and document ideas much faster than in a normal conference call. It also helps us get out of powerpoint in order to be able to critique and edit. We also share and analyze user research findings in Mural and this is a great way to allow all user research observers to share their perspective on what they saw.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little hard for brand new people to learn to use the tool quickly enough to feel comfortable in a meeting.

Improves collaborative culture, speeds up complex problem solving, reduces travel cost

MURAL review by Lauren M.
Lauren M.

"Mural is my JAM!"

What do you like best?

virtual collaboration, "anonymous" sign-on, asynchronous and synchronous options, templates, colors, icons

What do you dislike?

The "print" options could be improved. Quality of the visuals is often compromised.

virtual collaboration and brainstorming with distributed teams; visualization of concepts, ideas, strategy, planning; engaging distributed teams

MURAL review by Ayon Ryan K.
Ayon Ryan K.

"Awesome way to virtually & visually collaborate!"

What do you like best?

The multitude of templates on a unified platform.

What do you dislike?

Some technical difficulties here and there, but nothing too difficult to get over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be open to new tech & tools!

Interactive team collaboration and the ability to visualize data with qualitative information.

MURAL review by Edward B.
Edward B.

"One of the best tools for collaboration!"

What do you like best?

We use Mural for everything strategic planning, Ideation and feedback on concepts from people across the globe.

What do you dislike?

Its one of those tools that changes the way you work in the best way, no dis-likes thus far!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend

Collaboration, virtual collaboration, strategy, feedback

"Gran ayuda"

What do you like best?

Ayuda al equipo a priorizar rápidamente o restringir las opciones. Los marcos integrados son excelentes aceleradores cuando tienes un nuevo mural para una reunión. Se pueden fácilmente las plantillas en mi MURAL.

What do you dislike?

Hay que proporcionar algo de aprendizaje la primera vez que la gente participa porque les ha resultado complicado algunas veces.

Hemos preparado murales con un nuevo equipo: cada miembro puede agregar imágenes y responder preguntas para presentarse de una manera más dinámica y memorable. Lo hemos usado para sesiones de intercambio de ideas en las que todos los miembros del equipo capturan simultáneamente su punto de vista, detectando rápidamente similitudes y diferencias.

MURAL review by Max M.
Max M.

"Simple, clean and worth it."

What do you like best?

Like how easy it is to bring together ideas with the team. The auto alignment on sticky notes is a little perk that I enjoy over other similar products out there.

Love the templates for different projects (although I wish you could edit every aspect of a template. Some areas seem to be permanently locked and can't be updated.)

What do you dislike?

Price per seat.

No clear way to auto align or adjust multiple pieces on a given mural board.

Limitations to board size.

Simplifying projects, gathering team and client feedback,

MURAL review by User

"A godsend for a virtual work environment"

What do you like best?

It's now difficult to think of how we might collect and share ideas virtually without MURAL.

What do you dislike?

Add limited functionality free membership available rather than restricting to 1 month trials.

Would love to have the option to engage a broader body of people on an ongoing basis rather than restricted by the # of user seats.

Improving the consumer's experience is a continuous process therefore frequent engagement with a broad body of colleagues is critical. Rather than being restricted by trying to co-locate physically to push through problems, MURAL has enabled us to continue momentum even when we are apart.

MURAL review by Pradeep N.
Pradeep N.

"Awesome collaboration tool"

What do you like best?

It allows for remote teams to work on a single canvas for a lot of cross team collaboration between our office. I over the voting feature and everyone feels liek they are part of a shared understanding.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a stronger search and organization feature.

I wish there was an android app!!!

"Absolute timesaver"

What do you like best?

Online collaboration tool with one click sticky/text/icons works great. Must have for service design teams and cross collab needs.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when we're online it takes a little while to load, or stays at loading state for minutes.

cross functional and cross-geographic team collaboration

data visualization

Service design/flow visualization

MURAL review by User in Venture Capital & Private Equity
User in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Mural review"

What do you like best?

We like the visual ideas already setup on the platform so we can setup really easy.

What do you dislike?

Needs better UX UI design. The post it stickers look really outdated and cheesy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Date the UX UI design should compete with InVision and Asana

Ommunicating ideas to team members in a simple way that everyone can understand

MURAL review by User in Internet

"Good for collaborative brainstorming"

What do you like best?

Bring able to ideate remotely with other team members. Also having a digital whiteboard to mind map.

What do you dislike?

The poor connection issues and sometimes lost my work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Save York work often and don't forget to name your rooms smart so you don't lose boards.

Ideate with colleagues around the world.

Learn more about MURAL

MURAL Videos

Learning about MURAL?

* We monitor all MURAL reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.7