MXToolbox

MXToolbox is an online MX record and all inclusive DNS tool and so you can troubleshoot everything from one place.

Work for MXToolbox?

Learning about MXToolbox?

MXToolbox Reviews

Showing 13 MXToolbox reviews
MXToolbox review by Paul J.
Paul J.

"Gives quick and complete insight in mail server problems "

What do you like best?

Operating a mailserver can be nuisance. Especially when things are not working it is often a struggle to find the exact reason. Sometimes problems are with a single customer and others have no issues at all. Other issues like rejected mail due to a blacklisted server are hard to explain to users who just want to mail to that one specific person but can't because their server is rejecting yours.

With the tools provided by MXToolbox you can get a quick checkup on the server and the environment. When it's blacklisted you get an overview of all the relevant lists. It also monitors it so the admin gets an early alert.

Another plus is that MXtoolbox is not just limited to MX stuff but knows enough and has the tools to get a complete picture for all things relevant to successfully send and receive mail.

What do you dislike?

For the non-technical user there is no easy interface for some quick checks. You really need to know your acronyms and have enough technical knowledge to use the tools effectively.

MXToolbox monitors our mailservers and those of customers and alerts the admin in case of troubles. The early warning and the historical overview are great tools.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MXToolbox
MXToolbox review by Sean W.
Sean W.

"Great time saver and productivity enhancer for those needing to diagnose dns issues"

What do you like best?

Simple to use tools for diagnosing dns and related domain/web networking issues. It's free to use and provides additional functionality when creating a free account.

What do you dislike?

The tools are all separated on the site and it would be nice to have an all-in-one dashboard view of the tools and analysis results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to explore all the features and read up on any technical terms you aren't familiar with to take full advantage of the toolset.

I was migrating DNS entries from one service (registrar) to another (cdn) and I needed to ensure the information I was entering was correct. I also needed to diagnose some issues with my configuration quickly to ensure there was no downtime in my site.

What Other IT Infrastructure solution do you use?

MXToolbox review by Sazzad Hossain S.
Sazzad Hossain S.

"One of my favorite, easy and lightweight DNS and other diagnostics tool"

What do you like best?

Very much lightweight, DNS, MX or Whois lookup tool in one place, no need to reload or visit other pages.

Easy to identify blacklists for domains and ip addresses.

Although, SMTP diagnostics, Domain Health, IP address checker, Password Generator, Ping and Monitoring services available within one place.

More then 39 diagnostics/ DNS Management/ SMTP or Blacklist checking tools available for use. That's why i don't have to look for another tools to use for network and domain managements.

What do you dislike?

Free features has limitations. 1 monitoring for one account for free accounts. that's why needed separate accounts for several domains. Maybe that would be great if increase the account limits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for one tool that could handle several Network monitoring and Domain / DNS or other checking features, you could try the MXToolbox. They have most of the monitoring and tracing products that will help you to identify your DNS related issues very well.

So, try MXToolbox for all in one diagnostics tool for you / your company.

MXToolbox review by Alexander S.
Alexander S.

"Beware their "30 day free trial" of the Delivery Center!"

What do you like best?

The free tools are good, and one wouldn't mind paying something for them, but one does object to being defrauded - see below.

What do you dislike?

Tried to cancel free trial only a couple of days in, but $99 had been taken from my card and they have not responded to repeated requests to end it and refund the money. It looks like attempted fraud.

Simple things like reverse DNS lookup helped us to check our email setup.

MXToolbox review by User in Internet

"Trendy Toolbox"

What do you like best?

The ability to monitor IPs, SPF/DKIM keys, DMARC, MX Records, domain reps, and blacklists all in the same place

What do you dislike?

Having to click through multiple links to get to the report page

Monitoring clients IP and domain reputations, verifying MX, DKIM, DMARC, and SPF keys are installed and performing correctly

MXToolbox review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"The best website for Admins"

What do you like best?

This site has the best tools for IT admins. They make my life easier daily. I use their tools all the time. I setup a log of mail server for clients and mxtoolbox is my go to for testing and problem solving.

What do you dislike?

I dont think there is anything on the site that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best website for IT Admins.

When setting up or troubleshooting a mail server mxtoolbox offers all the tools you need to test the system.

MXToolbox review by Mike L.
Mike L.

"A Webmaster's Dream Come True"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of using MXToolbox is our ability to check in on MX Records and A Records after we make changes to the DNS of a website we are launching. It allows us to make sure that we have pointed everything over exactly as we should.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a tool to easily look at past DNS Zone History easily and that does not seem to be there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try for when yo are trying to look up MX Records or DNS info on a domain name.

MXToolbox review by James K.
James K.

"One Stop Shopping for any DNS/Blacklist Fun"

What do you like best?

I use MXToolbox any time I want to look up MX records for a domain, check Blacklist status for a domain or mail server, and to perform other general public DNS information gathering.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I have not found one thing I dislike about MXToolbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since this is a free online resource, it is a valuable tool for any tech who needs to be able to troubleshoot DNS or email connectivity issues. Trust me, it should be bookmarked in your web browser of choice.

MXToolbox review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"A needed suite of tools for mail management"

What do you like best?

Blacklists, SMTP test, record lookup. MX toolbox is a needed companion to mail servers.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Does what it does very well. Has all the functionality it could.

Helps diagnose and solve multiple issues with mail servers.

MXToolbox review by Jon J.
Jon J.

"Active blacklist monitoring and useful tools"

What do you like best?

I actually used this frequently as a web host tech support rep. The ability to receive alerts the exact moment you are blacklisted is awesome. And it's not just for blacklist monitoring, there are several other host/domain tools like dns check, whois, mx record lookup, and many more.

What do you dislike?

They're prices for an upgraded account seem to be a little high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot! It's very useful.

MXToolbox review by Jason H.
Jason H.

"Great set of tools!"

What do you like best?

I love the blacklist monitor. It helps us make sure our emails were going out and notified when they may not. Can't tell you how many times it helped us be proactive on email issues.

What do you dislike?

NA

Recommendations to others considering the product

NA

MXToolbox review by Rusty P.
Rusty P.

"The "Go-To" for email issues"

What do you like best?

Whenever I get a help desk request for a bounce message or anything of the sort, I go straight to MXToolbox.com and search for blacklists or other issues. It works great & has helped me with many investigations. They also will automatically alert you if your domain gets blacklisted (a must have for marketing companies)

What do you dislike?

They started to charge for certain functions, although it isn't too much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing--just use it.

MXToolbox review by User in Computer Software

"Amazing Toolbox"

What do you like best?

I have used this many times to troubleshoot e-mail issues as well as block easily identificable SPAM for businesses.

What do you dislike?

n/a

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check-it out as most free features are great, and the paid for features are awesome (and cheap)>

Learning about MXToolbox?

* We monitor all MXToolbox reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.