MyCase

MyCase is a web-based legal practice management software for the modern law firm.

Work for MyCase?

Learning about MyCase?

MyCase Reviews

Ask MyCase a Question
Showing 31 MyCase reviews
MyCase review by <span>Terrance L.</span>
Terrance L.

"Perfect cloud case management software"

What do you like best?

combines billing, invoices, calendars and client interactions and can use it on any computer, phone or tablet too. great ability to contact clients, send invoices, have them message me and I can respond as well. great new features all the time, includes unlimited cloud data storage all for a great price

What do you dislike?

can't scroll thru emails, but have to go thru 1 by 1, other than that, it is a great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't look back and do it now!

combines billing, invoices, practice management, and calendaring all in 1 cloud based service. Ability to access everything on line makes it easy for me to use anywhere at any time. Keeps prices down for my clients too, since there is less work involved. Also, with integrated credit card and ACH Processing, it's easy to get paid!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MyCase
MyCase review by <span>Barb B.</span>
Barb B.

"Great Software overall could use a few upgrades "

What do you like best?

Document storage in separate folders and sharing. Version capabilities, reminder functions for invoices. I like the newest update that will continually show overdue invoices each time invoicing is done. It's great way to remind me to remind clients to pay their outstanding balances. Workflows are great too! Such a time saver!

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is total garbage. If I'm ever trying to access a case on the go I have to log into the desktop version and it's terrible to view on a cell phone. I don't like that you cannot accept credit cards anymore. I don't like that you can't set a task or calendar event to repeat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend MyCase for a law firm case management software. It's definitely making updates and headed in the right direction. No case management software is perfect but this is very use friendly and easy to use. Clients have said they love it too. It's also affordable. Some competitors may have a couple more features but the price sky rockets.

We able to shy away from emailing sensitive documents by simply uploading them and sharing them through MyCase. We can have secured messages with clients re sensitive information. I don't have to call to remind clients about their appointments as MyCase will let me set reminders on the calendar. I don't have to skim through all the invoices to find out who owes money, it keeps them in the invoice tab for me.

What Legal Case Management solution do you use?

MyCase review by <span>Dana B.</span>
Dana B.

"Streamlined Practice Management for Virtual Lawyers"

What do you like best?

MyCase has allowed me to consolidate all of my client files into a single virtual space, giving me and my clients access to all documents at all times. It is also secure and puts my clients at ease that their sensitive information is not being exchanged of email servers.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that clients have to have an active MyCase account to be able to make a payment. I have clients that need a consultation only and would not need to have access to the portal, but have to be set up so that they can pay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how important it is to have everything accessible to you no matter where you are located. Once you implement this workflow you'll be able to practice from anywhere.

I am able to streamline my workflow by keeping files in one location, consolidating client communications, and being able to manage my calendar, timekeeping, and invoices from a single platform. It has cut down on the number of tools I need to use and also allows me to manage my practice from anywhere.

MyCase review by <span>Vanessa P.</span>
Vanessa P.

"Good Online Case Management Tool for Solos"

What do you like best?

One of the best features of the product is the workflows. It really helps to automate routine processes and keeps everyone on track for case resolution. Another great feature I love is the folder templates! This is a lifesaver! It really helps to have the same filing map for each case, based on practice area.

What do you dislike?

Communication within MyCase is very limited. Communication with clients is good, however, inter-office communication is failing. It is quite easy to miss a question or comment on the platform. If there were a built-in chat feature, that would be great. Another issue I have with MyCase is the document storage and the functionality of documents. It almost turns you off completely from using the documents feature at all.

My clients use MyCase who are typically solo virtual attorneys and this product is a good option for them to begin automation with easy setup. A major benefit of the system is that is has a built-in document merge so attorneys don't have to spend a lot of money to automate document creation.

MyCase review by <span>D. Mathew B.</span>
D. Mathew B.

"Perfect for small firms. "

What do you like best?

In my opinion the document version control and management tools are the best features. Being allowed to update the same internal file as opposed to having multiple versions of the same document is fantastic. I can work with one file entry but have multiple previous versions available when needed. It really eliminates the confusion on which document was updated most recently.

What do you dislike?

The calendar needs a lot of work. There is no way to create a recurring scheduling so my staff has to enter each new iteration manually. There is supposedly a date calculator that I can never seem to find when I need it. The google calendar sync is spotty and can't be trusted. I would frequently find appointments in one calendar and not the other.

The mobile app is just terrible. The calendar cannot be accessed, only that day's tasks can be seen, you can't see case documents, and you can't edit time entries or tasks. I frequently add events or tasks and make a mistake and have to make a note to fix it when I get to my office. I may as well just wait until I get to the office.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best for the money.

Client and case management, invoicing, time keeping, document management, client communications. Mycase keeps everything very organized and is accessible on any machine. We run 99% of our firm through the software. We still use outside calendars and some clients still want to use email.

MyCase review by <span>Gregory H.</span>
Gregory H.

"Great program for small offices where you don't have in house tech support or time to train people"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Small learning curve. Very good support

What do you dislike?

Date calculator is useless. They should get rid of it. It would be nice if it had an audio reminder of appointments like amicus attorney. Mobile phone app is stripped down version and does not have same features a internet version. Workflows do not work well. Wish they had more phone support. Wish they had better document generation. I really miss the " excuse me sir but you have an appointment" audio reminder that amicus attorney has

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great for small offices where you may change staff every year. If they can use outlook they can use mycase. It is great for billing. Stay away from the date calculator and the email integration is a joke. Some things in case management software only work if you are an engineer. This is very good for using on an ipad. Stay away from the mobile app.

Legal case management

Learning about MyCase?

* We monitor all MyCase reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.