MyCase

MyCase is a web-based legal practice management software for the modern law firm.

Work for MyCase?

Learning about MyCase?

MyCase Reviews

Ask MyCase a Question
Showing 38 MyCase reviews
MyCase review by Terrance L.
Terrance L.

"Perfect cloud case management software"

What do you like best?

combines billing, invoices, calendars and client interactions and can use it on any computer, phone or tablet too. great ability to contact clients, send invoices, have them message me and I can respond as well. great new features all the time, includes unlimited cloud data storage all for a great price

What do you dislike?

can't scroll thru emails, but have to go thru 1 by 1, other than that, it is a great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't look back and do it now!

combines billing, invoices, practice management, and calendaring all in 1 cloud based service. Ability to access everything on line makes it easy for me to use anywhere at any time. Keeps prices down for my clients too, since there is less work involved. Also, with integrated credit card and ACH Processing, it's easy to get paid!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MyCase
MyCase review by Barb B.
Barb B.

"Great Software overall could use a few upgrades "

What do you like best?

Document storage in separate folders and sharing. Version capabilities, reminder functions for invoices. I like the newest update that will continually show overdue invoices each time invoicing is done. It's great way to remind me to remind clients to pay their outstanding balances. Workflows are great too! Such a time saver!

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is total garbage. If I'm ever trying to access a case on the go I have to log into the desktop version and it's terrible to view on a cell phone. I don't like that you cannot accept credit cards anymore. I don't like that you can't set a task or calendar event to repeat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend MyCase for a law firm case management software. It's definitely making updates and headed in the right direction. No case management software is perfect but this is very use friendly and easy to use. Clients have said they love it too. It's also affordable. Some competitors may have a couple more features but the price sky rockets.

We able to shy away from emailing sensitive documents by simply uploading them and sharing them through MyCase. We can have secured messages with clients re sensitive information. I don't have to call to remind clients about their appointments as MyCase will let me set reminders on the calendar. I don't have to skim through all the invoices to find out who owes money, it keeps them in the invoice tab for me.

What Legal Case Management solution do you use?

MyCase review by Dana B.
Dana B.

"Streamlined Practice Management for Virtual Lawyers"

What do you like best?

MyCase has allowed me to consolidate all of my client files into a single virtual space, giving me and my clients access to all documents at all times. It is also secure and puts my clients at ease that their sensitive information is not being exchanged of email servers.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that clients have to have an active MyCase account to be able to make a payment. I have clients that need a consultation only and would not need to have access to the portal, but have to be set up so that they can pay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how important it is to have everything accessible to you no matter where you are located. Once you implement this workflow you'll be able to practice from anywhere.

I am able to streamline my workflow by keeping files in one location, consolidating client communications, and being able to manage my calendar, timekeeping, and invoices from a single platform. It has cut down on the number of tools I need to use and also allows me to manage my practice from anywhere.

MyCase review by Vanessa P.
Vanessa P.

"Good Online Case Management Tool for Solos"

What do you like best?

One of the best features of the product is the workflows. It really helps to automate routine processes and keeps everyone on track for case resolution. Another great feature I love is the folder templates! This is a lifesaver! It really helps to have the same filing map for each case, based on practice area.

What do you dislike?

Communication within MyCase is very limited. Communication with clients is good, however, inter-office communication is failing. It is quite easy to miss a question or comment on the platform. If there were a built-in chat feature, that would be great. Another issue I have with MyCase is the document storage and the functionality of documents. It almost turns you off completely from using the documents feature at all.

My clients use MyCase who are typically solo virtual attorneys and this product is a good option for them to begin automation with easy setup. A major benefit of the system is that is has a built-in document merge so attorneys don't have to spend a lot of money to automate document creation.

MyCase review by Tara S.
Tara S.

"User friendly and best value currently on the market!"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the ease of use. It's simple and easy. Other programs I've used just bogged me down with too much additional required information. MyCase flows and I can get my information plugged in fast and move on.

What do you dislike?

I'm hoping they will add in more integrations with 3rd parties, but for now it's not holding me back from enjoying the software.

Keeps track of everything I need, and my clients enjoy using the secure portal. It's great for tracking my billing and receiving online payments as well.

MyCase review by D. Mathew B.
D. Mathew B.

"Perfect for small firms. "

What do you like best?

In my opinion the document version control and management tools are the best features. Being allowed to update the same internal file as opposed to having multiple versions of the same document is fantastic. I can work with one file entry but have multiple previous versions available when needed. It really eliminates the confusion on which document was updated most recently.

What do you dislike?

The calendar needs a lot of work. There is no way to create a recurring scheduling so my staff has to enter each new iteration manually. There is supposedly a date calculator that I can never seem to find when I need it. The google calendar sync is spotty and can't be trusted. I would frequently find appointments in one calendar and not the other.

The mobile app is just terrible. The calendar cannot be accessed, only that day's tasks can be seen, you can't see case documents, and you can't edit time entries or tasks. I frequently add events or tasks and make a mistake and have to make a note to fix it when I get to my office. I may as well just wait until I get to the office.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best for the money.

Client and case management, invoicing, time keeping, document management, client communications. Mycase keeps everything very organized and is accessible on any machine. We run 99% of our firm through the software. We still use outside calendars and some clients still want to use email.

MyCase review by Gregory H.
Gregory H.

"Great program for small offices where you don't have in house tech support or time to train people"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Small learning curve. Very good support

What do you dislike?

Date calculator is useless. They should get rid of it. It would be nice if it had an audio reminder of appointments like amicus attorney. Mobile phone app is stripped down version and does not have same features a internet version. Workflows do not work well. Wish they had more phone support. Wish they had better document generation. I really miss the " excuse me sir but you have an appointment" audio reminder that amicus attorney has

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great for small offices where you may change staff every year. If they can use outlook they can use mycase. It is great for billing. Stay away from the date calculator and the email integration is a joke. Some things in case management software only work if you are an engineer. This is very good for using on an ipad. Stay away from the mobile app.

Legal case management

MyCase review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Great Online Software"

What do you like best?

Bestcase is easy to navigate and allows us to keep everything in the cloud. I can access all of my documents, schedules, etc. remotely from a desktop or through the app. The software is constantly evolving and they seem to really take into account suggestions that me or my staff provide to them. It provides easy-to-use document storage so that I do not have to waste server space on our items.

What do you dislike?

The iphone app is a tad outdated. I can't see the full names of certain calendar events, and there is no access to the billing portion of Mycase through the app. The financials and invoicing is a tad complicated and isn't the most intuitive thing, but it's easy enough to use once you get a hang of it. It is also very easy to forget to add other employees to a given contact, case or event. It is a tad more difficult and cumbersome to add other employees to those parts.

The main problems we are solving are 1) Document storage and management; 2) Calendaring events by case and by contact; 3) The ability to have multiple contacts per case and multiple cases per contact, as we sometimes have one client with multiple cases. Particularly with billing, it allows us to track incoming payments much easier than any other method.

MyCase review by Bruce S.
Bruce S.

" Allows me to run my solo practice without staff."

What do you like best?

Billing is seamless and quick. Client's love the communication and ability to access their documents at anytime.

What do you dislike?

The mandate to use Quickbooks online for synking invoice data. The online version of Quickbooks leaves much to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a powerful easy to use office management system. It has saved me countless hours in billing, time tracking and other matters. My client's enjoy the interface. I could not run my solo practice without it.

Ability to collect bills promptly and provide clients with multiple avenues of payment. Time tracking and mobile access are critical as well.

MyCase review by Maria V.
Maria V.

"My case effectivenes"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to use, you just intuitively know how it works. Also, they encourage feedback for new features and release them often. It’s easy to make invoices and it’s very interactive with clients

What do you dislike?

The graphics aren’t as good as in other softwares, and the customer service isn’t great either.

It eases communication between clients and the attorney as it’s interactive.

"Great product!!"

What do you like best?

This is very easy to use and its easy to help you manage your time and keep up with client billing! The program is very simple to learn how to use, which makes it better especially being so busy and not having a lot of time to learn how to use new programs. The price is perfect it is very affordable for us new attorney's just starting out!

What do you dislike?

You have to remember to login and keep track of your time, I wish it would just do that for me.. Overall, I do not really have complaints about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product for starting out. If you are looking to do things more advanced or need it to do more, I would maybe consider going with another product. However, this product has been perfect for me and my team in what we need it to do!

It has really helped me to keep track of my billing and it easily generates an invoice for me to send to clients. I do not use many of the other features, which I should probably investigate and learn how to use.

User in Law Practice

"Fine, but there are more robust softwares out there"

What do you like best?

The client portal on mycase is the biggest benefit. It is easy for client's to create a login and review invoices and share documents back and forth.

What do you dislike?

Their billing software doesn't have the ability to have recurring payments, or recurring fees/charges (monthly fees for example) and also can't add late charges or interest. If you carry the balance forward, it resets the aging on the old balance throwing your receivables out of whack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

consider using Smokeball instead. More robust in every way including document automation.

It's a decent practice management software with a good client portal. I did all my billing there for the first few years of my practice.

MyCase review by Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.

"MyCase is an amazing Case Management System"

What do you like best?

My client's love the client portal which allows them to view any documents saved into their file, review the calendaring of hearings to confirm if they need to attend, and gives them the ability to pay their file online.

What do you dislike?

I wish the billing portion allowed for me to turn off credit card payments to avoid the ACH fees. I also wished that the reporting would separate payments into trust separate from income to accurately report the balance made to date.

It keeps my case files easily organized, allows clients to contact me and review the status of their file without needing to ask me questions and keeps everything in one place.

MyCase review by R. Melissa M.
R. Melissa M.

"Beats every other portal I’ve tried"

What do you like best?

The best thing about MyCase is the way you can bill, calendar, and message the clients. It’s fairly easy to organize and have multiple users.

What do you dislike?

The phone app is not great. You da r see everyone’s calendar and it updates very slow.

Billing and keeping up with billables!

MyCase review by Melissa P.
Melissa P.

"Wonderful Product"

What do you like best?

Easy to keep time. Easy to create invoices (can create batch invoices also). Can input info when you receive payments. Recently, they've added the capability to receive payments through MyCase, we haven't begun to use that function as of yet. You can keep tract of trial dates and deadline and link it to the calendar on your phone. Has a nice feature of a date calculator. Can also add clients and grant them access to their case files. Easy to read reports. Can load documents in connection with cases and expenses. Love the timer function - I can just start the timer when I begin working on a project and when I'm done I just fill in the case and it bills my time.

What do you dislike?

Wish the timer could work as a widget on my phone. Wish the invoices were a little more customizable. The message system is kind of redundant and unnecessary, at least for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. Definitely worth it.

For a law firm this product is great. It helps you bill, keep track of time, and organize cases and keep track of deadlines.

User in Law Practice

"Take your law practice into the 21st century."

What do you like best?

Upload documents directly to client; each client has own secure portal; and WORKFLOWS! Can't say enough, so helpful. Email and calendar integration, and document and template forming. So helpful!!!

What do you dislike?

Recent activity could be cleaner and workflows are great, once you figure them out. And the email and calendar integration need some work.

Calendaring issues, it automatically inputs future dates based on a workflow. Also keeping clients informed is easier (and uses a lot less paper!) Timekeeping

MyCase review by Brittany C.
Brittany C.

"MyCase Review"

What do you like best?

Keeping all members of the firm on the same page, email updates when new clients or documents are added/changed.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the billing is a little confusing between client billing and employees submitting hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend MyCase for any law firm, but especially for a small law firm because it gives notifications for client updates and document updates to ensure the firm is constantly on the same page.

Firm organization, and the benefits I received result from solving the problem of firm organization.

MyCase review by Kathryn F. B.
Kathryn F. B.

"Good and Bad"

What do you like best?

The multitude of features are helpful to cover a number of practice areas.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is cluttered, moving throughout the program is not as fluid as it could/should be, the ability to search through notes is not available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a trial version first to determine if you like the layout and navigation options. It may be too much for some practice areas that only need very basic management systems.

Case management. Keeps a lot of information in one place that is accessible in office and out of office.

"Review of MyCase"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly MyCase is. Once I become a subscriber it was easy to put all my files on one place and I love how I can access them from anywhere, my computer, iPad, or phone.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how creating templates and merging documents using already entered information is not very easy. I have tried to figure out how to create templates but have not been very successful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend MyCase if you want cloud based practice management. It is very easy to use and straightforward.

I am using MyCase to keep all my client files in one place and as a file backup mechanism. I also use MyCase to invoice and bill my clients.

MyCase review by Mark A.
Mark A.

"The customer service has been excellent and the user interface is intuitive."

What do you like best?

The ease of use for calendaring, reminders, and sharing important documents with clients.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it had more functionality and was seamless with other products such as Microsoft Office, and Adobe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I loked at several other practice management software solutions before choosing MyCase and would still choose MyCase.

It's streamlined certain processes in my business that have allowed me to maximize the use of my time.

"Using MyCase Everyday"

What do you like best?

The system is easy to use and flows easily when creating cases, assigning tasks, invoicing, etc.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were more features that could be "blanketed," meaning things could be shared multiple times with ease, or calendar entries could be added for weekly/monthly/yearly items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it.

Client support is great. They get access to their information, without having to call the office or get a paper copy.

User in Law Practice

"Excellent case management software"

What do you like best?

MyCase allows our firm to successfully work in multiple offices without problems. It keeps all of us in the same page with our cases.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app needs to be updated in order to use the software on the go.

The business problem we are solving is keeping our files organized and allowing multiple people in different locations to securely share case information.

MyCase review by Administrator in Legal Services
Administrator in Legal Services

"Cost effective Time efficient"

What do you like best?

All case elements are at my fingers! Clients can email directly to their file. Billing to the case takes only a few clicks. This case man agent is inexpensive and frees up valuable time.

What do you dislike?

Pay per staff member instead of per firm. Monthly service fee instead of an annual option. Would like per attorney billing or some other flat fee option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a chance. The trial is free for 30 days. The support team is highly informative.

Clients can communicate with their entire legal team with one email address.

MyCase review by Emily J.
Emily J.

"Okay program for a start up firm"

What do you like best?

I like that it’s easy to use. I taught myself to use it in minutes.

What do you dislike?

It does not have enough case management capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There were not enough places for information. But I do feel like it’s goid for a start up or boutique firm.

Keeping client and insurance information updated.

"Good Practice Software"

What do you like best?

It helps me keep track of my cases and my clients. It creates professional looking bills. Helps me keep track of my billing.

What do you dislike?

I don’t do the best job utilizing all of their services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you take advantage of training to ensure you utilize all of the features.

I have a system with all of my client’s information, court dates, deadlines, and billing.

"Didn't hate it"

What do you like best?

It is great for a 4-10 person firm. You can easily integrage Google calendar, which is key for me.

What do you dislike?

Lots of "clicking around" to get anything done. No intuitive workflow feature (I stopped using it in 4/2017).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a free trial and play around with it. Practice management software is SO much a personal preference-- they all end up doing the same things in the end. Some just develop new ideas faster. MyCase was a "slightly above average" experience for me.

I did appreciate how it was easy to keep time and look at what everyone's billing looked like for that month.

MyCase review by User

"Mycase is a great tool for your law office"

What do you like best?

We use mycase in our office and it is extremely convenient. You have access to all client files and contact information at your fingertips. You can also make invoices and post notes.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that on the invoices there is no field that tells the client how much they have paid to date, because of this you have to figure out how to put that information in the invoice for clients.

My case has numerous benefits and makes running a law office easier.

MyCase review by Mark B.
Mark B.

"Excellent, cloud based, case management system"

What do you like best?

This system takes several time consuming tasks of the law office and simplifies them. It is a powerful, handy and portable tool that has allowed me greater flexibility and efficiency in my practice.

What do you dislike?

Not able to get a chronological printout of all activity in a client's case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

During the trial period call support. They are very responsive and knowledgeable.

This platform has allowed me to administer my law office from anywhere in the world and keeps clients informed about their cases.

User in Law Practice

"Convenient way to share docs and info with clients"

What do you like best?

I like that I can use it across platforms, and share documents and calendar events with clients

What do you dislike?

Not enough fields to sort by - would like to be able to sort by judge, county, etc.

Saves time on sending documents to clients, guarantees them access to them without having to organize them themselves

MyCase review by User

"Best Small Firm Software Available!"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, intuitive, fits all my solo law firms needs and easy to train employees on.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I have yet to find a problem with mycase, even after 5 years.

It provides everything! Billing, case management, gateway for safe and secure client contact and makes sharing documents with clients a breeze.

User in Legal Services

"Very good software for a small firm looking for simple help in practice management. "

What do you like best?

Simplicity, billing works great, and makes for an easy way to monitor cases.

What do you dislike?

Still, after about 3 years of promising it, no integration with dropbox and document management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program for those wishing to get started with practice management software. Great for small to mid-size firms. Missing some of the giant bells and whistles. But can greatly increase your efficiency on a day to day basis.

Client contact management has been the best part.

MyCase review by Lindsay V.
Lindsay V.

"Easy, efficient, makes my job much easier"

What do you like best?

I like that I can handle all aspects of case management from one platform

What do you dislike?

Invoicing could be more user-friendly; the mobile app frequently has calendar issues

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would strongly recommend

Attorney-client communication is made easier because of the client log-in feature which allows clients to have access to their case info and all relevant documents as well as see the time being spent on their case.

MyCase review by Lydia S.
Lydia S.

"Perfect Case Management Tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, every section is applicable to practice.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike.

MyCase makes it easy to send bills to clients and manage their invoices. It's an easy and helpful tool for client billing purposes.

"Mobile App Issues"

What do you like best?

Able to view all employee calendars making scheduling easier

What do you dislike?

Mobile app is poorly designed as you can only see your calendar and not other attorneys/staff

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy to use

Scheduling is easier when you can see if any one of the 5+ attorneys is available at 1pm!

User in Legal Services

"Affordable, user and client friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use including creating invoices, client communication, and overall case management.

What do you dislike?

The only feature I wish there was would be to intergrate with something like Lexicata, so that we could do electronic intake and signature forms.

MyCase keeps the office staff and clients all on the same page by making it easy and secure to share information.

User in Law Practice

"Pretty good for my needs"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate, can view what everyone on the team is working on

What do you dislike?

Needs one step between client and cases, to avoid duplicatoin

Legal

Clients have immediate access to documents and invoices

MyCase review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Simple, Self Explanatory Billing for Small Firms"

What do you like best?

I don't have to watch multiple videos to figure out how to bill and use tools.

What do you dislike?

Fluidity with adding expenses and time can be challenging at time.

The lack of billing on a regular basis

"Legal Case Management "

What do you like best?

Good for Legal case management , time entry/tracking, document management and more

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I particularly dislike about the software

Caseload and workflow, tracking due dates and status of cases

Learn more about MyCase

MyCase Videos

Learning about MyCase?

* We monitor all MyCase reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.