MySQL

MySQL is an open source database solution.

Work for MySQL?

Learning about MySQL?

MySQL Reviews

Showing 457 MySQL reviews
MySQL review by <span>ALEXANDER J.</span>
ALEXANDER J.

Excellent relational database manager

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Easy installation, configuration and intonation, good performance in queries, supports different operating systems, is a handler that does not use many resources so it is easy to run on any hardware, The security is quite complete which allows the protection of the information stored in the database, MySQL can handle almost any amount of data from some rows to more than fifty million rows, Another important aspect is its use of memory. MySQL prevents memory leaks that allow forinformation storage effective solutions

What do you dislike?

the non-documentation of some mysql utilities, SQL check constraints are not supported in MySQL. These are used to set a limit for values ​​within a column, Another common problem is, the size of the database. Although in theory it is scalable up to 8 TB, MySQL can not work efficiently with large database. In this context, other platforms such as Oracle and better and are efficient performer with large-scale data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For my experience I recommend for applications that have good sql sentences and good database design to use this driver, which has a good performance and performance for the demands of the queries, Mysql can be installed with a free license, or it can also be installed if it is necessary to invest more in costs Enterprise

Currently I am using Mysql 5.6 and the database manager has been excellent to store our dining room system, it is agile with good performance and portable.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about MySQL
MySQL review by <span>Jake G.</span>
Jake G.

Review of MySQL

Updated On
What do you like best?

The reason why I like MySQL a lot is because of it's user friendly platform. It is also very cost effective. MySQL is organized very well and I think that it's a great program for all people to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there is something that I dislike about MySQL. Everything that I've heard from it is great and is very likeable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend others to use MySQL as it is very easy to use and many people are now switching over to it. The reason why I recommend this product is because many more people are switching over to it and it's fairly easy to use. New businesses or other new organizations would be ideal for this as it will be easy to transfer over from what they had before MySQL.

Business problems that I am solving and benefits that I have realized is that many people are able to understand it easier. A business problem is switching everybody over to MySQL because it is a big thing to do to switch everybody and the whole thing to this as we are not very new.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Relational Databases solution do you use?

MySQL review by <span>Monique P.</span>
Monique P.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like that it is so easy to open scripts and run them in MySQL. it does a great job of putting content in order on websites. one click and you're done!

What do you dislike?

You must have computer programming knowledge to write scripts. This software is only easy to run the scripts if someone else has wrirtten them if you don't have that knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend learning scripts and computer programming if you want to use this program entirely by yourself to make websites. You will need to hire a computer programmer for your needs if you do not know this stuff. Otherwise it is fairly simple and shows errors that happen so you can fix them.

I use MySQL when updating my employer's website. He is a nature photographer and MySQL allows you to put photos on a site in alphabetical or numerical order with minimal effort running scripts. It has made updating a website very fast and simple when I used to spend many hours.

MySQL review by <span>Manjeet K.</span>
Manjeet K.

MySQL: Best open source DB

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Best thing about MySQL is, It's quite easy to install and use. By using some third party tools you can make it even more cooler. e.g. mk-query-digest & mydumper. Recently, it has gained more popularity as it's being used by loads of major corporations like Twitter, Alibaba, Amazon etc.

What do you dislike?

Most of the people things it's free, but it's quite expensive too. Which depends on for what you are planning to use it for. It could range from FREE to $15K+.

It somehow lacks in scaling, when it's forced to do too many operations at given time.

I don't know why MySQL is trying to do everything, which it should not. It's dependency on Addons sometimes makes task complex and hard to track and maintain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

MySQL is a free-to-use, open-source database. It helps us in effective management of databases by connecting them to the software. It is a stable, reliable and powerful. Quite suited for low & mid-level organization.

Personally, i have used MySQL in development of several Web & desktop based application. Additionally, i have also experimented lot using it. Being it's open source gives you lot of flexibility. It's community driven development gives us exposure to lots of third party tools which has made my work easier.

MySQL review by <span>Chris W.</span>
Chris W.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I started using MySQL simply because our production platform uses it and we didn't like the reporting we were getting. I was able to go from complete novice to a report and process creating junkie in short order. It has transformed the information we share and our ability to rely on actual measurements instead of gut-feeling.

What do you dislike?

While it is easy to use it takes quite a bit of time for the timid and afraid to get comfortable with. I'd love to see a great user-friendly front-end tool for Windows.

Where we previously used multiple Excel spreadsheets to track our progress across multiple departments we now rely on our MySQL database and its various tables and triggers to provide us with information. We now have centralized data and have been able to create enough automations to reduce the manual data entry to the point that we were able to repurpose 2 full-time employees.

MySQL review by <span>Ashish G.</span>
Ashish G.
What do you like best?

MySQL is the best, simple, fast, popular open source and freely available database for software developer. MySQL supports almost all types of programming languages. MySQL query syntax is easier to learn compared to all other databases. It also support highly complex and advanced SQL queries. MySQL provides the indexing and hashing for faster reading of data. It is being maintained by Oracle. MySQL has good documentation. MySQL provides a tool Workbench to write queries and look in the table data.

What do you dislike?

MySQL doesn't support complex data types like: JSON and ARRAY. MySQL doesn’t support common table expression. MySQL does not support SQL check constraints that is used to validate data stored in a column. MySQL doesn’t support full outer joins. It is costly to increase connections limit in MySQL

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend MySQL to all entry level and experienced developers, administrators and engineers. It support all types of basic and enterprise level needs of storing relational data. MySQL is easily adaptable with all programming languages.

I are working on a recruitment drive management software. I use MySQL database to store all my dynamic application data like user, college, company, recruitment drive, student etc. MySQL provides easy to use interface to make db queries to read, update, create and deletion of data. I got benefit using MySQL in terms of reliability, speed, easy to use interface, simple query syntax and support of joins. MySQL provides easy to understand documentation to understand its insights to get the full benefit from it.

Learning about MySQL?

* We monitor all MySQL reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.