NAKIVO Backup & Replication

4.7

NAKIVO Backup & Replication offers a complete data protection feature set, including local and offsite VM backup and replication, support for live applications & databases, instant VM, file, and application objects recovery, backup copy jobs, screenshot verification for backups and replicas, global data deduplication and compression, Web interface, AES-256 encryption, advanced reporting, and other features.

Work for NAKIVO Backup & Replication?

Learning about NAKIVO?

NAKIVO Backup & Replication Reviews

Showing 136 NAKIVO reviews
NAKIVO review by Dennis J.
Dennis J.

"A lovely backup solution."

What do you like best?

I am pleased to say that NAKIVO has quite a lot in store, from deduplication, compression, easy and seamless backups for VMs on Hyper-V, VMWare 6.5 & 6.7 and EC2. The restoration of a virtual machine is really easy. I am also able to mount the virtual machine and browse its folders if I want to. This is really neat. These things honestly make it worth it to buy in my prospects, having multiple transporters (This is used to transport the data from VMs to the backup server) and creating them is easy and does not waste time at all.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that we can not add more than one user; this is rather detrimental to some use cases as we would love to have a multi-user basis where we can assign our customers specific VM permissions so they can see their backup status. The freedom of choice to select your way of compression would be a nice addon too, but I honestly can not complain too much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Are you looking for a cost-effective no bullshit backup? Choose this, I'd obviously suggest running it in your own test environment to properly know if you need it or not.

Not only is it cost effective. It's easy, simple, and solves the question we had for a good and quick backup solution to obviously keep our customer's data and our data secure. This makes sure that our customers will never lose their data and that is the most important.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NAKIVO Backup & Replication
NAKIVO review by Richard B.
Richard B.

"A great solution for a small charity!"

What do you like best?

Nakivo Backup really fits the bill for our requirements. The fact that it can run as an application on our QNAP NAS box without requiring a dedicated workstation or server fits our needs to a tee. It was very simple and straightforward to set up and schedule the required backups.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally when attempting to back up our (vSphere hosted) Small Business Server we get a warning that the vSphere .block files can not be created and that Nakivo is using its proprietary method. It would be nice if the warning provided a little more information of what was causing the error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nakivo Backup is an easy to implement solution that fits especially well with the requirements of a small shop running tranquilized systems.

We are a small non-prophet with not a lot of resources to spend on our data processing needs. Nakivo provides an easy to use solution at a very competitive cost.

What Backup solution do you use?

NAKIVO review by Martin G.
Martin G.

"Full backup solution with easy to use web interface"

What do you like best?

Fast deployment process on linux with easy to use web configuration. You can set everything up in 1 hour and be ready to backup your mission critical systems. Whole solution is very lightweight, right now we are using backup proxies with 2c and 2GB ram, and they are capable to process multiple jobs even with compression option enabled, without an issue. Web interface is big plus with compare to Veeam. API can be used for automation tasks like quick restore/backup, and modification of existing jobs. Multiple options for notifications, data compression/deduplication and network acceleration are very useful. Also big plus si the possibility to backup VMs on free ESXi - tested on version 6.0, 6.5 and even 6.7. Great solution for B&R infrastructure.

What do you dislike?

Missing option to backup on tapes, and backing up Openstack VMs. Some graphical statistics would be very useful for individual VMs backup size, maybe even forecasting the backup size using collected data.

Quick reaction time thanks to web interface, great price and notification options. Automation through API can save a lot of time, even controlling Nakivo using third party automation tools is very important in big size infra with multiple customers. Saving a lot of HW resources that are allocated to Backup components. Quick response from Nakivo support with built in chat, even in on promise deployments.

NAKIVO review by Ulrich J.
Ulrich J.

"Fantastic product! Easy, Fast, Simple and effective"

What do you like best?

Awsome product, Easy, Fast, Affordable

Easy - We got the software up and running within minutes.

Simple management - It took me about an hour to set up 50 backup jobs.

Fast - 24 hours later, everything was backed up.

Good compression: 11TB data takes up only about 7.5TB of space. We have enabled de-duplication and fast compression.

Unofficially supports backup of ESXi 6.7

What do you dislike?

No storage stats for backup jobs and groups (source storage size, backed-up storage size, retention size)

No backup of physical machines

No Office365 backup

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, it is highly recommended to run a trial.

Since it only take 10-15 minutes to download, install, configure and setup a backup job, there is no reason not to try it out.

It started with the need for backup of ESXi 6.7, which most other vendors could not at the time.

Then when we tried the software, it was so much easier, simpler and faster than the other software we have tried before.

NAKIVO review by Alexander H.
Alexander H.

"Fast and Lightweight - Easy to setup"

What do you like best?

The ease of setup. Nakivo Backup and Recovery is pretty much ready to go right out of the box. I've installed this on both a Windows platform and a Synology platform. It works very well on both. Install it, add inventory, create jobs and you're up and running in no time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this time. Nakivo is an easy to use, off the shelf backup application that is cost effective. I have not run into anything at this time that would be off putting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take a serious look at Nakivo. They are certainly an up and comer in the backup field. They will save you a bundle over others.

Nakivo Backup and Recovery is a cost effective backup solution that literally just works. VM backups are easy to setup. Being able to backup all my VMs and not have it cost me an arm and a leg is fantastic.

NAKIVO review by Martin J.
Martin J.

"Best "Bang for the buck" VM backup I have worked with"

What do you like best?

I have been using Nakivo for about 3 years on several different environments of my clients,

for VMware image backups. Straightforward very well organized GUI that is so intuitive, that from the first moment you feel like you know what to do. The internal deduplication and network compressions work like a charm. The replication feature is simple yet functional, covering for otherwise expensive software from other vendors. Using the remote backup and replication features between 2 DC's and getting very consistent and satisfactory performance results. Overall I love the product and would recommend it to anyone.

What do you dislike?

1) Repository management is very simple, partially only available from the cli.

2) Not possible to skip on any virtual disks of a VM that is running backup/replication (Can't bypass temp/dev/backup partitions,....).

Recommendations to others considering the product

After spending years working with complicated and expensive products, including EMC and Symantec solutions, we have an ease of use financially sain product.

The sustainable backup solution with fast and reliable recovery.

NAKIVO review by Roy N.
Roy N.

"Excellent ESX Backup System "

What do you like best?

It is as simple as it is powerful. Time from download to full implementation is exceedingly short. The system requires minimum knowledge and the web interface is intuitive and complete. Recovery of SQL Server objects, Single Files or entire machine is quick and simple. Reporting and automated email notifications of system and backup status saves time, and ensures proper operation in an emergency.

What do you dislike?

Automation and GUI for the resizing of local repository disks would be nice- although performing this task from command-line is not overly complex.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A free trial of two weeks is provided to all. Implementation takes just a few minutes. Worth a try for sure.

It is a complete solution and plan B for the protection of mission critical VMs, where data loss is not an option. It solves the challenge of data protection, and the even greater challenge of data recovery.

NAKIVO review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Reliable Backups"

What do you like best?

1. Simple deployment model that can grow with your workloads.

2. Configurable. Create one time backup jobs or create schedules.

3. APIs. There is an API that can be used to automate almost every action required.

4. Failure Handling. Recovers from outside issues that would normally cause an error. If 1 VM has an issue the remaining items in the job continue.

5. Multi-Cloud. One tool can be leveraged to manage workloads in an on-premise environment or cloud hosted.

The main reason Nakivo was of interest was the ability to consume the API to provide a dynamic environment that can be changed as the workloads change. When VM's are created or destroyed the API can be leveraged to update or modify jobs as needed.

What do you dislike?

Having an API is great but I wish it was more friendly. For example every action is called against :<port>/c/router with a payload defining the request. Ideally when I want to get a list of jobs it should be an HTTP GET on a resource instead of always being a POST with the resource and method defined.

Ability to dynamically configure backup jobs so that no workloads get missed. Nakivo provides a simple yet powerful means to provide the backup and recovery of your environment.

NAKIVO review by Jason A.
Jason A.

"Synology Backup Tool"

What do you like best?

I've been playing with a number of different tools in my lab to compare different backup solutions for VMware for the Power User / HomeLab / Small Office environment. My environment consists of a single VMware server with 4 running virtual machines and a Synology DS918+ to support the testing of different virtual machines that I do. I decided to test the Nakivo Synology app and I found it to be probably one of the quickest and easiest backup solutions to use Total time from setup to first test backup was less than 10 minutes. The application uses the Synology onboard storage so getting the repository setup is trivial. Configuring the remaining settings such as email alerting was easy.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I didn' like was the install process on the Synology device. I manually installed the application but for some reason, it didn't start correctly after the first install. I had to restart my Nas device to get the application to run. After the restart, the application has been running perfectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a small office running a single VMware server, this would be ideal.

Looking for a way to protect a limited number of VM's in a HomeLab/Small Office Setting.

NAKIVO review by Daniel K.
Daniel K.

"Excellent VM Backup Solution"

What do you like best?

1. Light weight Linux VM. Windows is not required.

2. Light on network resources. When using VMWare's VDP it would bury the network

3. Screenshot verification. This give us piece of mind that we can recover from our backups.

4. The backup storage files are not small number of huge files, as with VDP, but a number of smaller files. This gives us the ability to copy only the small number of files that change to a daily disk that get removed off-site.

5. The speed of the backups was impressive.

6. The new throttling will come in handy as we add backup to internet storage.

7. Self backup of Nakivo configuration to the backup repository

What do you dislike?

1. The logging available from the GUI interface doesn't have enough information when there are connection issues while creating a repository.

2. You need to login as root and edit the system scripts to turn on detailed logging.

3. NFS4 is not supported yet. (I did hack their script and easily got it working but totally unsupported)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do yourself a favor and give this a trial run in your environment.

We needed a backup that had low system overhead, a wide variety of storage options, quick, de-duplication, and recovery testing.

NAKIVO review by Ryan M.
Ryan M.

"Works great for Hyper-V - Fast & Efficient"

What do you like best?

Nakivo works cleanly and efficiently when backing up Hyper-V VMs. The software does well with a mixed environment of Linux and Windows VMs, and deduplication and compression make off-site backups viable. Restoring VMs from off-site or on-site storage was painless and easy.

Initially I was concerned that the several TB of VM data we had would be too much for off-site backups, but deduplication coupled with heavy compression brought this down to only a few hundred GB when uploading to Azure File Storage.

The software is quite flexible in that you can either use an SMB file store, or configure a light-weight VM in Azure with Nakivo's transporter installed for better security / more efficient transport when doing off-site backups. Using Backup Copy jobs allows you to keep nice and consistent backups.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. I have found the Linux transporter implementation to be a bit more robust than the Windows transporter in some scenarios, so I would recommend just setting up a Linux VM or using Nakivo's virtual appliance if you're running VMWare. It's very light on resources.

One thing I found is that if you trigger another job after successfully completing a job, the second job inherits the schedule of the first one (thus, if the first job executes every day of the week, so will the triggered job that follows it). You can't select that they only occur on certain days, so if you need to distribute off-site backups throughout a week, for example, this is a bit difficult. It may be possible to achieve this with Pre and Post job scripts, however I haven't looked into this. (You can execute scripts that run before and after a job).

Lastly, if I'm going to struggle to find other issues, I'd only suggest that they replace the background image in their web UI. Usually you'd just access it on a local browser, but if you view the window in Remote Desktop (for whatever reason - you really should just connect with your browser) the image doesn't compress well and it's not a great experience. Switching the image out to a solid color solves this.

On-site and off-site backups. The data compression, deduplication and low resource usage is very nice.

NAKIVO review by Tamara J.
Tamara J.

"Fast backups & reliable restores"

What do you like best?

1) Runs as a Linux VM, so does not consume a Windows license. Nakivo can run on Windows if you are in a Windows-only shop, but if you have a mixed Windows / Linux environment, Linux can understand both NTFS and EXT4, so you can do individual file restores for both platforms.

2) Relatively low resource requirements. My Nakivo VM is backing up around 40 VMware guests, but only needs 2 vCPU and 4GB RAM.

3) Simple and intuitive web interface. I've even run it on my phone.

4) The dedupe functionality does not consume much CPU / RAM.

I can't say that Nakivo has the best dedupe I've ever seen (EMC Avamar holds that crown), but the low CPU/RAM resource consumption makes up for that.

5) The Backup Copy Job makes it easy to have an offsite backup for DR purposes.

I use this feature to provide cross-site offsite backups between two data centers.

6) The VMware replication feature is great for test labs. I've used it to rapidly deploy multiple VM's for testing, so it saves me a bunch of time.

7) Flash VM Boot makes it really quick to recover from hardware failures. I had an old VMware server die on me last year, and the dozen or so VM's on that machine were up and running on an alternate host 5 minutes later.

What do you dislike?

The individual file restore process is a bit clunky.

I'm not a big fan of the whole strategy of downloading individual files from the web interface, and then using a separate procedure to copy the files to the machine that needs the files.

In a perfect world, I would like to be able to kick off individual file restores directly on the client machine, but I realize that is not really feasible in an agentless environment.

I've been working around this by exporting the mounted backup image from the Transporter directly to the client machine, and then using the client machine to copy from the NFS or SMB export, as described at https://helpcenter.nakivo.com/display/KB/Direct+Recovery+of+Files+to+a+VM

NOTE: Apparently, in-guest file restore is on the roadmap for Q2 2018, so this might not be an issue for much longer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are still using legacy in-guest backup solutions (Netbackup, Commvault, TSM, etc), look at Nakivo for backing up your VMware/Hyper-V environments.

Easy to make both onsite and offsite backups, with simple and reliable restores.

NAKIVO review by Christophe R.
Christophe R.

"Easy and powerful"

What do you like best?

clear and comprehensive interface, with help at all levels

What do you dislike?

Currently, it is not possible to encrypt backup storage directly on a Synology

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, can be installed on a NAS (Synology) and therefore does not require a dedicated VM. In addition, very efficient and fast.

In the past, I used Nakivo in a VMware infrastructure to backup dozens of VMs.

Today, my working environment is Hyper-V and I was looking for a backup tool for VM. I also wanted the software to run on a Synology and not add a VM to the hypervisor (in case it crashes)

In fact, I downloaded Nakivo to test under Hyper-V and returned the same ease and power as for VMware.

So it was my inevitable choice for the backups, without hesitating!

Easy to set up and use, what more could you ask for:-)

NAKIVO review by David J.
David J.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

Nakivo is very easy to use, and has great tech support! The price point is very attractive to smaller businesses but scales effectively to larger installations as well. Nakivo technical support are great to work with and have resolved all of the questions I have had very quickly and completely.

What do you dislike?

Not much. I would really like a pause button on backups, that could be resumed later from that point. I wish the calendar view was available under my Essentials Pro license since it quickly shows when my next backup or copy jobs are scheduled to run.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Nakivo, you will love it!

We have a small VMware installation in a medical facility and needed an affordable but effective backup solution that would support both local and cloud backups of the virtual machines. Nakivo handles that with ease.

NAKIVO review by Sylvain  F.
Sylvain F.

"Amazing backup solution"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of managing all the aspects of backup, restore and replications. Many amazing features such as Flash boot (booting a backup in 12 seconds) and individual file access. Backup to the cloud works like a charm and was setup without effort, as everything is handled within Nakivo. Incremental backup and use of VmWare CBT reduces backup time a LOT! Deduplication reduces storage space a LOT! Support is fantastic, prompt replies and relevant answers.

What do you dislike?

So far, not much. Maybe the fact that Transporters running on Synology cannot be used directly to Recover files individually. But work around exists.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I found no pitfalls, so not recommandations at the moment....

Getting rid of tape backups infrastructure that is getting old. Having a backup solution that supports 3-2-1 backup startegy, where I have my backups locally, and a copy out in the cloud.

NAKIVO review by James R.
James R.

"NAKIVO Small Business Implementation"

What do you like best?

Intuitive interface that runs within the web browser of your QNAP or on-premise storage solution. A calendar displays the backup schedule so that you can prioritize backups effectively. NAKIVO was fast and easy to install and deploy on both our QNAP and Synology storage devices.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit of research to understand the transporters required for different applications. However, the default installation comes with a generic transporter for basic functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent product if you're looking for fast implementation.

On premises backup and restoration of internal VM's. Restoration of VM's is very fast and can be managed within the GUI. There are multiple restoration points (depending on the quantity of backups you store) that can be used to restore a VM to a safe timestamp. Implementation was much faster for us than other product offerings like Veeam.

NAKIVO review by Justin M.
Justin M.

"Excellent product, handled our environment without a hitch."

What do you like best?

We use a QNAP NAS to host our virtual environment data. We found that NAKIVO was a featured app in the QNAP App Store. After installing the app, the NAKIVO software was a breeze to navigate through and begin taking backups. The restoration of our virtual guests was just as easy as taking the backups as well. Very satisfied with the product, 5 stars!

What do you dislike?

Only limited to one user account in our test environment, would like more granularity in user access for audit/logging purposes.

We are solving resiliency and redundancy of our environment. Realized immense benefits when one host server was swapped for a replacement and our environment came back online.

NAKIVO review by Brent W.
Brent W.

"Nakivo, works great for backups. Recovery is a different story."

What do you like best?

Nakivo is a lightweight VM backup solution. We started out using the Windows based installer a few years back but have since switched over to the Nakivo VA. For a smaller sized business it's handy that it takes up a small footprint and resources on the ESXi host. Using default settings the entire VA takes up 2 vCPU, 4GB of RAM and 30GB drive space.

Pros:

1) Easy setup either through installer or VA

2) Lightweight

3) Easy setup for notifications. Emails on success or failures.

4) Newest version has chat support built in

What do you dislike?

Here's the part that becomes frustrating. While the recovery process does work, there are times you need to jump through hoops to get it functioning. We recently had a VM datastore corrupt after a RAID drive failed (completely not Nakivo related, just providing back story), and we had to recover from USB backups from Nakivo. We luckily were able to setup a test ESXi and run a Flash Boot from Nakivo to verify integrity of backup before recovery. We then started a recovery to the ESXi. The process was quite slow, but understandable on an older server and USB 2.0 (NAS recovery is faster) but at this location that wasn't an option. Took about 47 hours to recover a 2TB VM. Recovery was successful but working with restoring some newer data files, some files were deleted on the recovered VM. This is where the issue starts. We went to run a Flash Boot again to the same ESXi we had previously tested on, but this time it would not allow us to select a datastore as the remaining space on the datastore was 1.8TB, but the VM backup was 2TB.

At this point we contacted support and spent 4 hours troubleshooting. Support was not helpful at all. First we were told NFS wasn't supported for Flash Boot, then we were told VMFS/ATA wasn't supported (but remember we did successfully Flash Boot to the same ESXi before the recovery when there was over 3TB of space.) Long story short I was told they don't know, you should only need a small amount of space, and the last option was to reboot the ESXi servers. Flash Boot does not work across 3 different ESXi servers. Basically Nakivo is good for backups and recovery, but don't expect anything from support.

Cons:

1) Slow recovery vis USB (not really Nakivo's fault)

2) Flash Boot only seems to work with more space than the full size of the VM

3) Support

4) Getting sales calls when trying to re-download VA/installers

Nakivo allows us to keep backups of our VM's for recovery purposes. It may be slow to recovery depending on your backup media, but is still a lot faster than trying to rebuild from scratch.

NAKIVO review by Frank J.
Frank J.

"Great product that just works"

What do you like best?

It's flexibility to make your backup infrastructure fit your current infra. Windows, linux, NFS, iSCSI, internal storage, it will take anything you have that make sense to you.

What do you dislike?

It still has some difficulties doing file level restoration across all the filesystem it supports.

DR is taken care of and we cut our time to recovery by at least 50% with scheduled duplication of VMs.

File level recovery for certain filesystem has been enabling us to remove OS level backup software. We cut back on software cost and storage cost for backup. Combining our disaster recovery and backup budget has been an important aspect in choosing Nakivo.

NAKIVO review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"The Only One That I Can Count On!!!"

What do you like best?

Fast backups, restores. Nice boot snapshot feature for peace of mind. Easy install and setup.

What do you dislike?

Only con is the product and licensing is a little difficult to understand. Not a problem though; just email of the nice support agents. Pretty fast response time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, great price.

I have tried many other VM backup solutions. I also make sure to have 3 different backups using differemt products for fail proof restores. Many times Nakivo was the only restore that worked. All others have failed me in my time of need. Price is very fair, fair enough that it is an easy sell to my clients with limited budgets.

NAKIVO review by Tony M.
Tony M.

"Nakivo Backup and Replication - Works Great!"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, Speed, Dedupe and compression without addon cost. Untethered capacity

What do you dislike?

The only negative is not really a negative but Nakivo does not backup physical servers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework and compare feature and function - cost per socket and the simplicity it offers over top choices like VEEAM - it literally cant be beat for how simple it is. It has worked without issue since inception and when we have run into an issue - support fixed it or provided a solution within 24 hours

Nakivo B&R has simplified our backup process, to include the actual backups and retention period of that data by way of dedupe and compression. Previous backup vendors charged a premium addon for those functions. The Nakivo product also untethers capacity that we were once capped at on a competing product - no more purchasing 100% of an application but are limited to only consuming 80% of the licensed capacity.

NAKIVO review by Luca B.
Luca B.

"Reliable and easy to use"

What do you like best?

It's reliability and the extremely well made application, the VM appliance works in just few steps and the NAS compatible app (i use the one for QNAP usually) is really usefull, i usually work with VMWare hosts and it works well with Hyper-V and i found really usefull the EC2-capability of the software. The interface is quite clear and the deduplication works like a charm. The possibility to restore the VM directly from the repository can be a real life-saver.

What do you dislike?

There is not much i dislike, the only thing i can possibly want is the possibility to have more options on the NFS mount for the repository.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The trials version is a must, you can try everything on the software without any limitations, the software itself is really nice and easy to use, i recommend it in any installation with Virtual Machine. Is one of the best software i've tried so far that works perfectly even with the free version of ESXi

I was able to introduce in really small company a really complete VM backup solutions with an affordable price, i'm able to set-up disaster-recovery solutions in minutes just using it, the flexibility of the license is really usefull at times like that.

NAKIVO review by Stu H.
Stu H.

"Our "go to" for backkup and data recovery"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and use, no agents on vm's or hosts. We have a few backup products but Nakivo is the one we turn to when we need to recover data. We quickly find the data we need be that a file or a complete vm. No training needed as it's very intuitive. On top of that, it's competitively priced.

What do you dislike?

Support is very good, but not immediate. This hasn't been a problem for us but it is something for Nakivo to grow.

We needed an easy to use, flexible backup system and Nakivo is the answer. We can easily save backups to AWS S3. All around we are very happy with the product.

NAKIVO review by Marty T.
Marty T.

"Vmware Backup Sucess"

What do you like best?

I like the logical and modular nature of the product. With 30 years of IT experience I've used a ton of backup products and some flavors just drive you nuts and other feel easy from day one. Nakivo just makes good sense. (note this is an interal use application by a partner)

From a product standpoint the key features I wanted for snap shot backups, good performance and excellent reporting were all found and easy to setup on the product.

What do you dislike?

All bakcup products have some learning curve and testing activity that I always try to short cut but spending a little time on this task is just sensible and required. Some pricing combinations were more money than I wanted as we use a 2nd VMware server for some test platforms and the pricing added some cost to use those but not unfairly, just wish it was less.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test the product as the rusults will lead you to like and trust the product

Our Vmware server were backed up at the OS level but with Ransomware server level attacks growing I wanted to move to a vmware centric backup instead for the added issolation of the process and backup destination and Nakivo provides that nicely with our Synology based application (1517)

NAKIVO review by Manuel P.
Manuel P.

"Great perfomance & great prices"

What do you like best?

First of all, the installation is great: simple and efficient. The perfomance of Nakivo is awesome, currently I run backups of two host (20 machines) and they are doing super fast.

The recover job works very well, I can recover individual files instantly (zip format) and if it'is not enought I can't reover the entire machine.

Support is great, they call me fast (less than 1 hour)

What do you dislike?

They need to work more on open source virtualization services (like proxmox)

Recommendations to others considering the product

The easy install and easy implement. The migration of the services works well.

The entire infraestructure of servers. Better prices than the other backup software tools, free training and better perfomance.

NAKIVO review by Cory E.
Cory E.

"Excellent Tool for ESXi Backup and Restore"

What do you like best?

It just works and works well. We've used the restore on a few occasions now and it has been simple and fast to get back running.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to dislike. It performs as expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use Nakivo on a Synology Rackstation. We love how easy it is to use and integrate with our VM hosts.

We want reliable backups of our VMs. We are a software development company and frequently "mess up" VMs during development and testing. Nakivo allows us the freedom to not worry about that knowing we can instantly recover or revert to base copies.

NAKIVO review by MOHAMMED A.
MOHAMMED A.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

Configuring the system is extremely easy and straight forward.

What do you dislike?

I've had some issues with backing up VMware Horizon View desktops. Issues I am currently trying to resolve, however Veeam hasn't had these issues before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

think Nakivo is a great product. Because some big companies are moving towards it, I foresee the price might not stay the same and will go up soon, so I'm glad we got in on the ground floor. If you do virtual backups and are having heartaches at the cost, I highly encourage you to check out Nakivo.

I use it for backups. The cost is very good comparing to Veeam.

NAKIVO review by Edward B.
Edward B.

"Right on Target"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, can mount on Synology NAS. Easy to configure and use. Functionally awesome. I am impressed with the CBT and how fast the incremental backups are. Also very impressed with the support when I had questions. I compared against their nearest competitor and was very satisfied that this was the absolute best choice for our implementation and growth plan.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing. We just asked for quote

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste your time reviewing a lot of others. Solid functionally and support was outstanding! Thanks Oleksandr! Dzhevaga

Archival of test environments for multiple firmware test VMs, and Easy replication between VSphere hosts.

NAKIVO review by Graffen S.
Graffen S.

"Nakivo is the best"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of the application is clearly the first feature that stands out. Also, the ability to scale the application is awesome. I cannot say enough good things about the responsiveness of the sales & technical support teams.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would like to see, would be the ability to customize the SMTP address for the job notifications.

We were able to set up and configure Backup & Replication to multiple replication targets for a combination of on-site/off-site backups.

This process would have cost additional, or been more convoluted had we used other competing products

NAKIVO review by Kunal B.
Kunal B.

"NAKIVO Backup & Replication Review: "All my backup worries gone""

What do you like best?

It really works well. Does what it is supposed to do in a minimalistic, very simple, very easy fashion. As a newcomer to virtualization, I am turned off by VMware's complicated roundabout way to do everything, and after having troubles for the umpteenth time with VDP, moved to Nakivo. Setup took 5 minutes, and didn't give me DNS errors and authentication errors like VDP always has. Setting up backup jobs was also dead simple- although that was fairly easy on VDP as well.

What do you dislike?

Need a version to allow backing up individual PC's to the repository including making an ISO boot image of the PC to allow you to boot and then recover of the machine from backups if needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it.

The entire infrastructure of servers. Better prices than the other backup software tools, free training and better performance.

NAKIVO review by Administrator

"Awsome software for backing up your homelab"

What do you like best?

1) Ease of use

I installed Nakivo on my Synology NAS for backing up guest on my ESX host. Installation was super easy and the GUI is very easy to understand. CBT works great for incrementral backups and the backups/restores are very fast and reliable. I've used the NFR-licens for about a year so I have tried many of it's functions.

2) Support

I had some problems with Nakivo and vmfs6 and the support guys actually setup a conference call to help me solve it.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. If there is something I don't understand I just have to ask the support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, you'll be suprised

I have a small number of VM's that I need to protect. Nakivo makes it hassle-free and I don't have to worry about my data.

NAKIVO review by Erich N.
Erich N.

"Powerful Backup & Replication solution which is easy to install and configure"

What do you like best?

A few weeks ago I did read the first time about NAKIVO Backup & Replication Solution. In the article it was written, that the Software can be installed and configured in a few minutes. I can only confirm that this is really true and I really like that the software is directly running on a NAS appliance like QNAP as well.

What do you dislike?

Up until now I did not have any problems I could write about.

We use NAKIVO Backup & Replication to replace Vsphere VDP as this product has been discontinued. The main advantage I see with NAKIVO Backup & Replication is that there are no longer any plugins and appliances which need to run on the VMware infrastructure.

NAKIVO review by Dustin W.
Dustin W.

"Enterprise-grade backup software at a great price"

What do you like best?

The Flash VM Boot feature allows us to instantly boot up a point-in-time backup without the lengthy restore process.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about the product. The only thing that I would improve is the update process. Updating the virtual appliance requires a manual process of uploading the update file. I would prefer there be a method to do it all from the web interface.

We needed an easy to use backup solution for our vmware infrastructure. Deduplication keeps our disk usage low while providing us with weeks worth of point-in-time recovery points.

NAKIVO review by Tim S.
Tim S.

"Awesome Support Technicians"

What do you like best?

The software is easy to use, but if you run into problems, Nakivo support technicians are very knowledgeable and quick to respond.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike. I only have problems with things I do not know how to use. But I am able to make a phone call or email and support is able to assist remotely.

I am able to backup local and to Amazon. The software is easily customized to back up what you need and skip what you do not need. This saved us money in offsite storage.

NAKIVO review by Kubilay V.
Kubilay V.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Nakivo Backup & Replication is a great product. The pricing of Nakivo is affordable and it's easy to use.

Next to that the customer support is great. The support always answer you as soon as possible and really try to help you.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don't like is when the app aware mode is on, the VM's that's getting backed up will lose conection.

We already made back-us on file-level but not on VM-level. Nakivo offers a great and easy solution for this.

NAKIVO review by Systemhaus Sauerland .
Systemhaus Sauerland .

"Easy to use backup solution for virtual infrastructure"

What do you like best?

The software is really easy to install and configure. If there is a question or a problem NAKIVO has a quick and well organized support team.

What do you dislike?

So far just the way how backup jobs on removable disks in rotation are implemented. Ideally the software would recognize what repository is attached. But as a workaround you can create multiple jobs (for each repository one job).

Cost efficient backup solution for small and mid sized companies using VMware or HyperV servers.

NAKIVO review by Nicolas V.
Nicolas V.

"Backup d'infrastrctures VMware"

What do you like best?

- Simplicité d'installation et de configuration du produit.

- Appliance VMware très pratique.

- Fonctionne très bien, je n'ai jamais eu de mauvaise surprise, toutes mes tests de restauration se sont toujours effectués avec succès.

- Compression efficace et sauvegarde plutôt rapide.

What do you dislike?

- J'aurais apprécié avoir une fonction pour répliquer les datastores de mes infrastructures.

Cela nous a permit de simplifier/assurer la gestion de nos sauvegardes. J'ai pue comparer NAKIVO à d'autres outils du marché et je le recommande fortement pour sa simplicité et son efficacité.

NAKIVO review by Alexander S.
Alexander S.

"Best Backup software On my Synology NAS "

What do you like best?

Have been using Nakivo for the last few months and i find it reliable, saves backup storage and works very well with my Hyper-v and Synology environment.

What do you dislike?

Well there are few thing that would be nice if they include it in Nakivo:

-two factor authentication

-Fix the update option on the Synology NAS. At the moment I have to download the file and update it manually

Price isn't that high, so it's perfect for a small IT-environment

NAKIVO review by Genaro T.
Genaro T.

"A great product: effective and affordable"

What do you like best?

Easy to install and use. Increase the security of the system immediately. It can be installed as a Synology package. Everything works as expected to work

What do you dislike?

It would be great if it allowed the backup of physical machines. Get a comprehensive backup solution

We were looking for a backup solution for ESXi with a very tight budget. Other solutions, perhaps better known, were too expensive and we decided to try NAKIVO. It was a great success.

NAKIVO review by Erik Y.
Erik Y.

"A fantastic product!"

What do you like best?

Ease of implementation, use and intuitive interface.

What do you dislike?

Lack of ext3/ext4 support for individual file recovery from backups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

After reviewing all available solutions I'm very happy I decided on NAKIVO. I currently have this running on my NAS and backing up all available VM's on a scheduled nightly basis. I've restored multiple VM's without issue and even used this opportunity to rename the VM's during restore. Top notch product and quality.

Solved my immediate need for scheduled, de-duplicated and compressed backups of my VM's.

NAKIVO review by Rabbi Jason M.
Rabbi Jason M.

"Computer Backup is NECESSARY"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to use "out of the box" and I love recommending it to my clients. It's obviously essential to make sure your most valuable data is backed up and SAFE!

What do you dislike?

They need to work more on open source virtualization services, including Proxmox. There are a couple quirky parts to it on mobile, but overall it's a solid backup solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. It's a very impressive solution in the data backup industry. It's easy to install and easy for the end user to implement. The migration of the services works well.

People are very shortsighted if they don't get computer backup and replication. When it saves people from data loss, my company looks brilliant for having them back up all their data.

NAKIVO review by Leon L.
Leon L.

"Reliable and easy to use product"

What do you like best?

I deployed the virtual machine version and found it easy to deploy and use out of the box. When I wanted to add additional storage is was seamless and "Just worked".

Recovering VM's was just as easy since its an online system, Nakivo takes care of all the details during the restore process.

What do you dislike?

I didn't really have any issues. The only frustrating thing was if you had to restore your v-center VM, the recovery process was a bit convoluted. However Support had a white paper covering it.

I wanted a reliable backup system that I could set and forget. Nakivo solves this for me and the notifications assure me everything is working.

NAKIVO review by Robert H.
Robert H.

"High value, entry-level backup software"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to setup and works great right out of the gate.

What do you dislike?

I've had it installed for about 6 months, and I haven't really found anything about Nakivo that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely do your due diligence, as there may be other products that fit your needs better. However, I recommend doing the trial and checking it out for yourself.

I have a small number of VMs on ESXi that I need to support. I don't have a need yet for a VM server farm, but I will soon. I wanted a product that is easy to maintain and less expensive than some of the other solutions on the market. Nakivo fit all of the requirements I had.

NAKIVO review by Consultant

"The best backup solution for ESXI LAB environment"

What do you like best?

It's been a long time I was looking for a easy to use backup solution. I found it: NAKIVO

I love the "Install on Synology NAS" feature

You just need 10mn to go and backup your VMs. It's really intuitive.

What do you dislike?

So far, not much

For the moment, I used only the trial license with 5 VMs. But my first impression is : Give a try to this product

As a Oracle Database Expert, i use a ESXI LAB environment with dozens of VM. (Windows - Linux)

I needed a very simple solution to backup my VMs to the Synology NAS

NAKIVO can be installed directly on the Synology NAS

It's really light and not expensive

NAKIVO review by LHISP S.
LHISP S.

"Great backup solution"

What do you like best?

This is a Great backup solution, it has great features, the setup is fast.

Communication with the sales and support teams are very fast

The solution if very powerful at an affordable price. NAKIVO offers cost-effective per-socket pricing.

It has minimal system requirements.

It can run on a Synology or on a Virtual Machin with minimal performance requirements. Easy to use Backup Solution. The versioning of backups is very well implemented. The ability to restore single files or folders from Windows and Linux is very powerful.

What do you dislike?

The Web interface for managing the Software itself is not responsive and could have a redesign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Multi Platform

Multi platform backup solution.

NAKIVO review by Tyler M.
Tyler M.

"Excellent software!"

What do you like best?

The software is extremely powerful and does not cost a lot. This software has features that are found on enterprise grade backup systems, yet only costs a fraction of the price.

What do you dislike?

The process to restore a file is a bit convoluted, but it works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price, I have not found any comparable products.

We didn't have a backup solution, and needed a cheap, yet good solution. Nakivo is a very inexpensive software and its capabilities are enterprise grade.

NAKIVO review by Adam R.
Adam R.

"More Bang for your Buck"

What do you like best?

Easy install, quick and simple. This is a great solution to backup your VMWare environment. Great individual file level recovery all the way up to recovering an entire Virtual Machine. Flash VM Boot allows you to instantly recover to a point in time saving time in recovering.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything to dislike at this time as I come across issues I can talk to support and they are able to help me work through processes that I am not familiar with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy install and simple to use interface. Great price and features compared to other solutions out there.

This product allows us to backup locally as well as to a cloud service platform such as Amazon.

NAKIVO review by Ariana Jose V.
Ariana Jose V.

"Excellent product "

What do you like best?

Omg the installation is very simple and efficient. The perfomance of Nakivo is awesome, now configuring the system is extremely easy and straight forward.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about the product. The only thing that I would improve is the update process. Updating the virtual appliance requires a manual process of uploading the update file. I would prefer there be a method to do it all from the web interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, is a great program that will solve a lot of problems for your company.

I am able to backup local. The software is easily customized to back up what you need and skip what you do not need. This saved us money in offsite storage.

NAKIVO review by Corey D.
Corey D.

"Nakivo works for us!"

What do you like best?

I like that i can manage both my local storage accounts and my cloud storage accounts in one interface. I can add my Azure storage accounts and push backups up to my less expensive blob drives while maintain all my local data as well.

What do you dislike?

I haven't yet received my full license key but that's because my finance department takes a bit to pay invoices. Fortunately Nakivo has reset my trial key to ensure my software keeps going.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Contact them. They'll talk to you and answer your questions!

We are highly virtualized and Nakivo makes securing our VMs and data and offering easy to use and deploy access to the VM backups.

NAKIVO review by Martin S.
Martin S.

"easy to use backup software for vmware and hyper-v"

What do you like best?

The web interface is really nice. It makes it easy to access the software from every device.

Also the installation on various operating systems is very usefull. You can use a QNAP or Synology NAS

What do you dislike?

It would be nice, if you can exclude folders from backup.

Fast and easy backup solution for small businesses.

Deploy on existing systems without extra license costs (install on a Linux vm)

NAKIVO review by Reynaldo S.
Reynaldo S.

"This is a perfect solution for VM"

What do you like best?

Main competitive advantages of Nakivo platform

- The NAKIVO support is first class!

- Their price is a bargain for its performance.

- The software capabilities are great.

- Many other advantages

What do you dislike?

Nothing!! it's very good product, I would like a next version to be full screen

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like a next version to be full screen

NAKIVO review by Kevin R.
Kevin R.

"NAKIVO Backup & Replication, quick & easy setup"

What do you like best?

Purchased a Synology Diskstation and partnered it with NAKIVO Backup & Replication. Perfect combination. Integrated with the Synology, NAKIVO installation took just a few minutes. And it was super easy.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes at all. SUPER EASY! TRUELY SIMPLE

Recommendations to others considering the product

Number 1 pick, search no further.

NAKIVO gives us peace of mind and data security. Anyone running a small business VMware vCenter should grab NAKIVO for a solid, quick and easy solution. Up and running in minutes.

NAKIVO review by Claude M.
Claude M.

"Very easy to use and install"

What do you like best?

We use NAKIVO to backup our vmware servers and for our customers infrastructures. NAKIVO is very easy to setup, because it can run as a virtual appliance and no windows server are needed.The prices are correct and what else to say Nakivo is the best :-)

What do you dislike?

The look of the design of the plattform could be better :-)

our servers and customers infrastructures

NAKIVO review by Luiz Fernando B.
Luiz Fernando B.

"Excellent price-performance ratio and totally user-friendly "

What do you like best?

Well, there are a lot of thing great in this tool, smart storage, low cost, easy configuration I'm really impressed with this tool comparing other existent on the market.

What do you dislike?

Documentation, I think there's needed to improve that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've liked a lot, because is easy to make deploy and to make the administration is easy as well.

less cost, this tool cost less than a half comparing veeam for example and do the same job.

NAKIVO review by Paul M.
Paul M.

"Nakivo Backup & Replication is an excellent product for NAS appliance usage."

What do you like best?

The ability of the software to run independently on a NAS appliance without utilizing a client OS license.

What do you dislike?

For our application, I haven't really found anything that I dislike. It ticks all the boxes of what was required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a serious look for your VM DR backups.

DR backups of VM's to a remote appliance at a facility owned building remote to the main campus.

NAKIVO review by Hüseyin A.
Hüseyin A.

"Looks and works like professional backup should do"

What do you like best?

Rich installation options and a very installation. If having experience from backup solutions, it's very easy to create jobs. Dashboard has everything needed to gather information about the current status. Very professional sales and support department, very easy to create supportcases, and very responsive staff.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet to be discovered, maybe only restoring whole vm requires more steps

Solid solition, the price are lower than competitors.

NAKIVO review by Andy T.
Andy T.
View Original

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

- Easy to set up

- Intuitive interface

- Performs well

- Affordable

- Detailed email notifications

- Virtual appliance (no need to use up a Windows license)

What do you dislike?

Not much so far, except the documentation on Transporters could have been a little better

An effective backup solution for our virtual machines and at a very affordable cost compared to other products out there

NAKIVO review by Peter K.
Peter K.

"Great backup solution"

What do you like best?

Great solution for backups for both SMBs and larger companies. Awesome performance and great feature set as well as very competitive pricing. Very easy to get up and running.

What do you dislike?

Lack of physical machine backups. I am being told it's in the works though so looking forward to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should strongly consider it.

Great backup and disaster recovery.

NAKIVO review by Luc D.
Luc D.

"Very highly recommended!"

What do you like best?

Works like a dream.

Great communication within my trial period.

Overall ease of configuration.

Clear interface.

Speed of backup.

Deduplication of backup data.

Very good compression ratio 40%.

I use it on a synology nas with replication on a nas offsite with shared folder sync.

The shared folder sync works with changed block technology.

Very fast and small data transfers.

Use also the copy backup to usb drive once a week.

The recovery Points Retention has a top configuration.

I use 10 last recovery points with one recovery point a week for 8 weeks.

What do you dislike?

none

easy of use.

NAKIVO review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Fast, reliable, and affordable VM backup solution"

What do you like best?

NAKIVO Backup & Replication performs native, agentless, image-based VM backup and replication.NAKIVO Backup & Replication features an “application-aware” mode for backing up your virtual machines.The Backup Copy feature is flexible and can be set up to suit your needs. Run VM Backup Copy jobs on their own schedules, maintain a mirrored copy of an entire backup repository, or copy only the most important backups.

What do you dislike?

Everything is great in this solution.till now i have not found any features to dislike

I am using to backup my vm from vmware.and replicate my erp server to different host.

NAKIVO review by Administrator

"A reliable and accurate application"

What do you like best?

A reliable and accurate application that fulfills what it promises. Intuitive and easy to configure this application ensures control of the backups of your company.

Perfect solution to ensure the security of data of all types of company.

What do you dislike?

After all the tests in the implementation of the solution and having experience in the installation and configuration of backup solutions, I have not found any negative points in this solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best and fast backup aplication I know.

Ensure backups of my entire VMWARE platform with the possibility of recovering entire machines or part of it in minutes

NAKIVO review by Angelo L.
Angelo L.

"Great VM Backup from my QNAP"

What do you like best?

Very easy and powerful UI that takes advantages of the QNAP platform.

Fast, simple and excellent bandwidth usage.

Saved me with a very simple resort of my VM on the ESXi Cluster.

What do you dislike?

Pricing license, but a very supportive team will solve any problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it !

Backup of development and test VM from a cluster of ESXi servers.

NAKIVO review by Zain B.
Zain B.

"Solid product for work"

What do you like best?

Honestly, I love that I can choose between different deployment options. Also, the fact that the product uses forever-incremental backups and network acceleration really help when you're in a crunch. The screenshots verifying backup help us out a lot, to ensure data recoverability.

What do you dislike?

The UX is a bit clunky. It gets the job done very well but is not something I look forward to using.

Having a daily backup of our server is priceless. We have realized the benefit of never having to worry about where or how we will be backing up our data. I am glad to have chosen this product myself.

NAKIVO review by Stefan B.
Stefan B.

"Easy to setup, backup + deduplication works like a charm"

What do you like best?

Easy to install: downloading the app, uploading to our QNAP-NAS, and configuration took about 15 minutes to first run!

What do you dislike?

Current version in the QNAP App Store is 7.3, current version from the website is 7.4

Snapshot + backup does not seem to affect running services at all, so we went from nightly backup to

NAKIVO review by Charles G.
Charles G.

"Great back up software for AWS and more"

What do you like best?

I like the integration with my storage device. The software package is very easy to deploy. Opening support cases is very easy as well.

What do you dislike?

Would like to have the ability to backup physical machines, in order to do all my backups from a single solution

We needed automated offsite backups for our AWS deployment.

NAKIVO review by Jan G.
Jan G.

"Fast, simple, trustworthy"

What do you like best?

Nakivo is a very simple to use software. Creating a backup-job is intuitive and could be done without special training.

What do you dislike?

There isn't really a thing to dislike. There is nothing in this world which is perfekt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to get an online demo first, then test the software to evaluate if it meets your needs and then buy ;)

We've searched for an reliable backup solution without burning a hole in the budget. Nakivo is - from my point of view - the best deal we could've made!

NAKIVO review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Gem of virtual backup software hiding in plain sight"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, deploy-able via a lightweight, VM, even runs on a NAS. Simplicity and feature set make this backup product s no-brainer for small to large organizations alike.

What do you dislike?

The upgrade process requires you to login to the appliance console and manual copy of a file. Could be more automated through the main GUI but still simple and well documented.

Recommendations to others considering the product

100%

I work for a large banking institution and looked at several solutions. Nakivo was superior to the other industry "leaders" in several categories such as API accessibility and lights-out automation.

NAKIVO review by Walter K.
Walter K.

"Easy install, stable functionality, good reports."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, nice webinterface, works good with Synology (not all models) and most important: stable and fast recover.

What do you dislike?

The price could be hard on really small businesses. Incremental backups take a long time, but I might just be ignorant on some setting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You'll like it!

VMware backups. Reliability. Ease of use.

NAKIVO review by Administrator

"Relatively quick to set up and once running is an excellent product "

What do you like best?

The scheduling is slick , controls are obvious, recovery and back up is quick and the reporting is built in with the ability to trigger scripts, which is just a bonus.

What do you dislike?

We have some legacy equipment here so set up takes a little longer - but if everything is new I imagine it takes minutes .

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is more lto tape friendly

We have infrastructure vm environments and test dev machines to get to disk and then to tape (D2D2T) - this takes many steps to coordinate and complete and Nakivo makes it work

NAKIVO review by Administrator in Industrial Automation
Administrator in Industrial Automation

"Very simple and useful VM Backup tool"

What do you like best?

Nakivo has a very nice interface. It was very easy to install and get the first VM backup.

What do you dislike?

I have some sporadic issues with my Nakivo implementation: sometimes it fails to access my remote repository in a OpenMediaVault NAS. It works fine, but sometimes fails to access the repo. At the moment I was not able to get a solution.

I have 2 critical VMs in my office. With Nakivo I set a daily scheduled backup for each one.

If an error occurs during backup I'm notified by email.

NAKIVO review by Frederiek G.
Frederiek G.

"Brilliant product for SMB's"

What do you like best?

- Simple to install and configure

- Small fingerprint (appliance)

- VSS Support for SQL, Active Directory, Exchange

- Fast support

What do you dislike?

Restore of specific Exchange items like Calander items, Notes

No need for multiple backup servers, only 1 appliance and a NAS to store the backups.

NAKIVO review by Marc R.
Marc R.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

I have been installing backup products for a long time and this one worked perfectly for the get go, very fast and user friendly. I would recommend this product hands down

What do you dislike?

So far I didn't find any issues, I like it a lot.

We are using this product to backup 2 VM's

NAKIVO review by David .
David .

"ESXi Backups working well"

What do you like best?

We have been using Nakivo running on QNAP NAS for couple of weeks backing up about 15 VMs on 2 ESXi servers. Setup and config was quite straight forward. It has been working well so far.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It is doing it's job well.

System backup and DR.

"Good stuff"

What do you like best?

Speed

Ease of setup and use

Having the ability to backup entire ESX boxes at a time. We've been using agent-based block level backup for forever and this is just so much easier to get running.

What do you dislike?

Really the only disadvantage Nakivo has is they don't have the ability to backup physical servers, but that is supposed to be coming at the end of 2018 or early 2019

We're getting rid of our slower block level backup solution and moving in the 21st century

NAKIVO review by Steven B.
Steven B.

"Reliable product"

What do you like best?

Easy to use.

Reliable.

backup storage saving.

low backup time.

What do you dislike?

At the moment I didn't have any problems, so none.

This solution can be matched versus some enterprise-grade backup software. It performs very good and provides nice dashboards. I recommend this product.

NAKIVO review by Uros Z.
Uros Z.

"No needs for something else"

What do you like best?

Nakivo is a briliant all in one backup product. We have been using Veeam before but because that software needs a Windows Server to work, we have been looking for an appliance.

Setup and configuration super fast.

Support is great and very fast, no needs for tickets etc.

What do you dislike?

I dont have nothing to say about that. Maybe design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend to use this product. You have trial for that

Backup and Replication of our virtuals

NAKIVO review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"much better than expected"

What do you like best?

From the first contact, we had in 2013 seemed like a promising solution for Backup and replication, perfect working with VMware, Hyper-Y compatible with all appliances shuts QNR, Synology and AUSTOR,

What do you dislike?

After 5 years, we have confirmed that we have the perfect and highly competitive solution that addresses both in local and cloud, easy to install and setup, in minutes, and easy to use. In addition, NAKIVO has a very attractive pricing.

I have no problem at the moment

NAKIVO review by Etienne R.
Etienne R.

" The best vm backup software"

What do you like best?

The software is simple, fast, efficient, with all the advanced features you want.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything that I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Un real good product.

I can easily recover my vms or files without worries...

NAKIVO review by Administrator

"Nakivo + Synology NAS = Easy setup "

What do you like best?

The ease of setup was great. The web-interface is simple and intuitive. Offloading the backup processing to the NAS has really made a difference with overall job speed and performance. Sales support was great and very responsive to any issues I might have had with my desired configurations.

What do you dislike?

The only suggestion I can make is the ability to combine multiple USB drives into one repository. It makes it simpler when swapping out drives for offsite backups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Leverage the software on a good supported NAS

The solution we were using was good but very clunky. The Windows thick client was terrible and DR setup was time consuming. With Nakivo, we can replicate our Synology NAS's and be ready to failover at anytime.

NAKIVO review by M R.
M R.

"Reliable & Easy To Use Backup Solution for ESXi"

What do you like best?

The web based interface is easy to use and is pretty clean. Configurations can be changed easily as needed.

What do you dislike?

The use of transporters and best practices is not explained well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try their product for free and see if it does what you need. It is a very good solution for backing up VMware virtual systems.

The backup solution has low overhead and does not consume large amount of resources like some products I have used. It is fairly fast with recovering data.

NAKIVO review by Florin C.
Florin C.

"good product"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, install, configure and to implement

Usor de folosit, instalat, configurat si impementat

What do you dislike?

Didn't find nothing to dislike yet

Nu am gasit nimic ce sa imi dsplaca deocamdata

backup for virtual machine

backp pentur masini virtuale

NAKIVO review by Administrator in Computer Software

"nakivo backup rocks"

What do you like best?

I have tried and installed the following backup solutions veeam, vembu altaro, unitrend. So far nakivo is the only one that is compatible for esxi 6.7 and offers scheduling ability for its free/trial version

What do you dislike?

The backup and recovery warning message could be a bit more specific. When I deleted the original VM and performed a recovery, sometimes I got a warning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use this with a synology NAS and it's very convenient for small setup.

setup and forget

NAKIVO review by Sebastien C.
Sebastien C.

"awesome experience"

What do you like best?

super easy to deploy, I love the fact that it run in appliance or on linux.

What do you dislike?

I would love to get restore to origine but I was told it is coming

backup and restoration speed. deploy directly in appliance or on linux server

NAKIVO review by Andre S.
Andre S.

"Espetáculo de Software"

What do you like best?

Entre todos que testei ele apresenta a melhor relação CUSTO/BENEFICIO. 1 ano de uso, vamos renovar sem dúvidas.

What do you dislike?

Até o momento não temos do que reclamar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Melhor relação custo/beneficio.

Backup em Nuvem, Hyper-v.

NAKIVO review by Olivier H.
Olivier H.

"Promising backup and discovery solution"

What do you like best?

- Native support of NAS boxes

- Free ESXi support

- Can be deployed as a virtual applicance

What do you dislike?

- Support only VM loads

- Requirements of IP connectivity between sites

Backup and disaster recovery of VM loads

NAKIVO review by Administrator

"Tested and now using for 6 months, even for Disaster preparedness. "

What do you like best?

The software works as advertised. No glitches or supprises.

What do you dislike?

The calendar option isn't part of the pro version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I tested 3 other software and this one was the best for the price.

We moved away from the VMWare VDP products that used up SAN space and sometimes didn't work for recovery. Using standalone servers with local storage re leaved the space used on the SAN and has made my systems run better without the VDP on the same systems.

NAKIVO review by Harry D.
Harry D.

"Fast en simple"

What do you like best?

The interface is good and very clean. Easy to use, and good for educational purposes.

What do you dislike?

Its is only for VM backup, there is no option for a file backup.

Backup from all the VMS that are in a cluster.

NAKIVO review by Radim N.
Radim N.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

Easy configuration, clear user interface. Simple for implementation.

What do you dislike?

At this moment i do not know, if it will be possible to monitoring NAKIVO with PRTG network monitoring software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for backup for our custoomers where we outsorcing IT.

NAKIVO review by Javier R.
Javier R.

"Nakivo BackUP and Replication"

What do you like best?

Now a day Is it my best experience using a Backup and Replication solution for Virtual Infrastructure.

Support do are Super they do the best for help with any Question / Issue you can have.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes. now a day all that I have had are good experiences with Nakivo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly consider to use Nakivo.

Centralized Backup & replication solution.It´s simple to use so that it save time.

NAKIVO review by George T.
George T.

"Nakivo. New experienvce"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup , easy to configure, easy to restore.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far ... Everything looks good.

Much faster backup time. The ability to install it on a NAS and save resources from servers is ideal.

NAKIVO review by Mihailo S.
Mihailo S.

"Powerful and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to install, easy to use, affordable price. Many enterprise features at SMB prices.

I really like that it can be installed directly on NAS device (QNAP, Synology, WD), turning it into a powerful backup appliance.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, user interface could be updated (although it is easy to use as it is).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try 15-day free trial version.

Affordable backup and replication for small and medium businesses

NAKIVO review by Simon G.
Simon G.

"Great Tool for vmware backup"

What do you like best?

1. Installation and setup is super easy

2. Easy to use UI to setup and manage jobs

3. Works reliable

What do you dislike?

The reports send out by mail could be prettier.

Backup of VM's to offsite location.

"Amazing!"

What do you like best?

The Nakivo is fully flexible and provide impressive performances. We use on Synology NAS system and the integration is fully functional. Nakivo technical support is fast and efficient. Good job Nakivo team!!!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The version 7 of the software is on the target. For the moment we don't find any dislike features.

We don't have to paid and maintain Microsoft Server to support our backup system (like Veeam Backup Software)

NAKIVO review by Kaspars S.
Kaspars S.

"Nakivo - one of the best data backup and protection software"

What do you like best?

very easy to set up system, and administrate backup jobs

What do you dislike?

system update could be doe through central unit

Using Nakivo we are backup our virtual server infrasreucture

NAKIVO review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Lacking a few features but more effective than most competitors. "

What do you like best?

Ease of setup and common sense interface.

What do you dislike?

The options for recovery to a different platform are almost non-existent. You can tell by their KB article that doing so is possible but it was not planned in to the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth taking a look at. Run it alongside other products and you'll see that it works very well.

We need a reliable, inexpensive solution for backing up vms.

NAKIVO review by Carlos Mauricio H.
Carlos Mauricio H.

"Nakivo Backup is awesome"

What do you like best?

is very simple to configure and web interface is excellent, and price is very accessible

What do you dislike?

all features is very good for me,, after try many other solution

Backup for VM for customers

NAKIVO review by Mike G.
Mike G.

"Nakivo Backup & Replication Easy to use VM backup software"

What do you like best?

it was easy to setup and use. The tutorials walk you through pretty much everything you need to know.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. The layout and menu aren't the best but the product works well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was one of the easier network software implementations I've had.

We needed an offsite backup for our most mission critical servers. We can always buy equipment but not the data.

NAKIVO review by Josef D.
Josef D.

"Qnap backup appiliance"

What do you like best?

Simple solution, very user friendly. Very intuitive GUI and simple to learn the procedures.

Deduplication on hand...

What do you dislike?

Socket licensing can be sometimes not effective

Very good alternative to original VMWARE VDP appiliance.

NAKIVO review by Athanasios K.
Athanasios K.