Name.com

Name.com is a domain name registrar that also provides web hosting and website builder tools.

Work for Name.com?

Learning about Name.com?

Name.com Reviews

Showing 10 Name.com reviews
Name.com review by peter b.
peter b.

"terrible host"

What do you like best?

i came to know about name.com from a friend and decided to check it out. registered a few domains with them. when coming to registering domains, they are awesome and does the job perfectly and register the domain instantly. the interface is absolutely beautiful, i find it really easy to move around the options without much trouble. the domain options editing is great like you could edit the nameservers of all your domain at ones which really saves your time. i got free whois privacy for an year with them which is pretty cool and saved me a few bucks. the pricing is really good and there are no fishy schemes which give a first-year discount and very straight forward.

What do you dislike?

hosting is absolutely terrible as well as the support. the hosting is costlier than the other providers in the market still m website went down several times while hosting with them and eventually decided to move on. there is no 24/7 support when coming to name,com and if you have some trouble you have to wait upto 12 hours before you can contact them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

this is a great place to register your domains, if youre looking for a place to host them, look elsewhere.

registering my domains, they do the job greatly.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Name.com
Name.com review by David K.
David K.

"Best Registrar"

What do you like best?

This is one of the best places to Register Your domains, they will do the job smoothly and quickly. I had several domains registered with them with none of them taking more than a few seconds to register. the user interface provided is pretty awesome and easy to navigate. the domain editing tools are really helpful and you could easily edit the domain settings like Nameservers quickly in Bulk. They also provide with Quick Nameserver Changes and took me jucst minutes to update Nameservers to another host. The best thing about Name.com was the free WHOIS privacy provided by them along with domain registration, simply great. I found their Hosting competitively Easy to use due to their clean interface.

What do you dislike?

the support is pathetic, they really don't know what they are talking about. i tried adding SSL to my website and it got messed up, later it took them a whole day to figure out the issue and resolve it. also, they don't provide 24/7 support which can be trouble that you won't get immediate help when you need. Domain transfer is also slow that one of my websites took around 24 hours to migrate. the hosting is really bad, its slow and the servers are really bad.

Recommendations to others considering the product

for Registering your Domain, this is an awesome place. as for hosting, maybe you should try elsewhere.

Domain Registration and Web Hosting

What Domain Registration solution do you use?

Name.com review by Robert F.
Robert F.

"The Best Hosting out there"

What do you like best?

I started Registering Domains for around 4 years now and I found Name.com to be the most reliable one out there. they are fast, it takes literally seconds to register your domain and minutes to update your Nameservers. I got 5 Domains Registered with them so far there ain't many complaints I have about their service so far. They also provided me with Free Whois privacy which is awesome.

What do you dislike?

the additional tools, I had trouble with G suite, I tried to connect my domain email service to g suit and it went terribly bad that my emails never received and i contacted them about this and took them 2 days to fix the issue. also, their 2-factor authorisation is nothing but trouble, I once got locked out of my account due to some error with 2-factor authorisation. also, the support isn't up to the mark, usually it takes them 48 hours to reply to support mails which is frustrating.

Coming to their Hosting, Name.com is a terrible host for you to chose, my website was down for 3-4 days in one moth i;ve been with them also the speed and Control panel isn't upto the match with other services out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

name.com Register Domains and they do it perfectly. as for hosting, there are better ones out there.

Registering My domains. they do the job quick and responsibly.

Name.com review by Kevin A.
Kevin A.

"Poor Support"

What do you like best?

the speed of the servers are great, i've used their hosting in the past and can say that your website loading speeds increase rapidly since moving to them. the cpanel is great too. for domain registration part they do their job beautifully, i still have a few domains registered in them and got no trouble at all. for domain tool, there are many that could come in handy. as i have many domains registered in them managing them all at once can be a hefty task, so there are many bulk tools available such as bulk nameserver changing which help you change the nameservers of the selected domains with a single click which is really helpful. the dashboard is absolutely gorgeous, its very easy to search for your service as well as finding new domains.

What do you dislike?

the support is terrible as far as a hosting company is concerned. from the first time itself i had troubles with the database and domain ran into errors. i tried to contact them and got no response, later i came to know that they don't have any 24/7 support but a 12-hour support window which is terrible. also it takes a lot of time to get them in line and resolve the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

for domain registration, i highly recommend you to go with them.

domain registration and hosting, the registration part is great and the pricing is also really awesome. for hosting i'm not really impressed by them.

Name.com review by Anthony F.
Anthony F.

"Incompetent, Unprofessional, Unreliable Company"

What do you like best?

I had a very bad experience with name.com, there is nothing I like about this company

What do you dislike?

They are incompetent, unprofessional, unreliable and have made poor, unethical decisions, which have caused harm to my business.

I am a 54 y/o man that runs a painting company in NJ. I also do web sites for clients part time. I have been a name.com customer for well over 8 years. I currently have 63 domains with them and had 63 associated web sites hosted on their servers.

On 01-27-2017, I received an email from Name.com which states: “The hosting for yourdomain***.com has been suspended. It was suspended because we received a verifiable spamming complaint. More specifically, info@yourdomain***.com” And this suspension came with no warning. To add, I have no idea what “verifiable spamming complaint” even means, as I am the last person in the world that would send spam.

I immediately called Name.com to find out (what in gods name), was wrong with my account. I spoke on the phone with one of their employees at great length. She stated, “your account has been permanently suspended for spamming”. I explained to her that I was in no way responsible for any form of spamming @mydomainname. I suggested that someone must have hacked into their system and sent email from my account. No one has access to my computer but me as I live alone, so spamming did not happen on my end. She stated, “there is nothing I can do, your hosting account has been permanently suspended”. And she gave me the feeling that she believed I was lying.

he end result - 63 of my web sites went offline, at the flip of Name.com’s incompetent hands, and they offered no solution.

Name.com (on a whim), has forced me to seek web hosting with a different company, and has caused loss of monies, loss of time and has caused much unnessecery stress and inconvenience. I will have to spend an estimate of 7 days, setting up 63 domains on a new server and uploading data for my 63 web sites.

I have found Name.com to be an incompetent, unprofessional, unreliable and unfair service. This company has given me an unnecessary workload and has caused a major inconvenience in my life. I’d also like to add that on September 5, 2016 - I paid in full $203.88 for a (1) year hosting plan with Name.com and was forced to pay for a new hosting plan on January 25, 2017 with a different company. I have been sickened by this unprofessional company.

I have contacted my credit card company to do a chargeback and hopefully get my money refunded. However, the stress and inconvenience this has caused outweighs the expense.

Thoroughly disgusted and in disbelief,

Anthony

Name.com review by James R.
James R.

"Easy to use and straight to the point"

What do you like best?

I love that Name.com makes it easy to do what I need - buy domains. I've used other companies in the past and they bog down the checkout process with pages of "add-ons", so I like that buying a domain through Name.com is quick and easy. They also make buying SSL certificates super easy, and they are more affordable than a lot of other outlets. I'll use Name.com for all my domain and SSL needs going forward.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I really disliked is their venture into hosting didn't seem to work out that great. I had a horrible time setting up emails and other things that are usually a snap with hosting companies. Not a deal breaker though. It's also a good idea not to put everything under one roof in case something goes wrong.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The domain name registration and the SSL Certificates work great. If you're thinking about hosting maybe check out other companies that have been in the game longer.

I do a lot of research for clients about domain names that are available, what the costs are, and what types of names work best. Name.com has made the whole process really easy from start to finish. This is a technical thing that not a lot of people really understand, so it makes my job easier.

Name.com review by Glenn B.
Glenn B.

"Handy for quick ideas"

What do you like best?

Two main reasons, sometimes you just think of a great idea and a name that tags along so i quickly fly to the page and register it.

For business we hold events and especially for the larger events we like to have a domain to hold advertising for it so name is great for setting that up.

What do you dislike?

Can be slow and a bit annoying waiting till you get a confirmation about a domain but for what we use it for there's little to complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to quickly check for a domain and then buy a domain, name doesn't do much wrong.

improving advertising for the events we hold.

Name.com review by Ludmar R.
Ludmar R.

"A good domain registration service"

What do you like best?

There is a lot of cheap domains

The Mail Fowarding (MX) is easy to configurate

There's presets for the most used mail box/server services

What do you dislike?

Domains with more professional approach is quite expensive

Is hard to to set it to a third party or own hostage service

Registering a domain

Email forwarding (MX)

Name.com review by Dev B.
Dev B.

"Ok service"

What do you like best?

Price was competitive to GoDaddy and other companies.

What do you dislike?

Tools was not as develop as GoDaddy, when it came to securing dns.

Website name and dns

Name.com review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

Easy to use domain registrar and a great alternative to supporting GoDaddy.

What do you dislike?

I have no real issues! It’s a great service.

Super great way to register domains!

Learning about Name.com?

* We monitor all Name.com reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.