What do you like best?
First and foremost, Namely combines the 4 most important aspects of the HR function; Payroll, Benefits, HRIS, and Performance Reviews into one system. The major upside there is that in a growing company one to two people can manage the entire HR process, thus reducing the headcount and cost of the HR team. Since everything sits in one system, our employees can look to one system that tells them everything about their tenure with our company.
A selling point was that we could retain our current broker and still use Namely.
Features we like: Reporting (a main reason we went with Namely), Easy Payroll Processes, Online benefits enrollment, endless amount of custom fields that you can even report on, custom workflows that are very robust.
Namely is so customizable, everyone I've spoken to that uses it, uses it differently. Which is great because you can really design and reflect your culture in one system. Unheard of before in the HR world, too many people are used to archaic systems that show there pay.
What do you dislike?
There system is so robust, sometimes the Namely team doesn't even know the best way to utilize it. That's a pro and a con. Onboarding was a little rough for us, but I know it's improved for newer clients. While their customization is a strength, there are areas I'd like to customize more. They don't have information tags for some fields, so I don't always know what I'm moving around on the Benefits side, I usually have to reach out to my AM event though I could probably figure it out myself.
Tip: Roll out the HRIS first, and really work to understand it. Rolling out the benefits enrollment (even if EDI feeds aren't live yet) would be my next recommendation because then when you roll out Payroll there is a direct connection from benefits to the deductions portal. It's totally worth it to work in stages instead of rolling it out all at once.
Recommendations to others considering the product
I added recommendations in the pros and cons section. I looked into just about every platform out there, and Namely is all it came down to for a midsize company.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
- Time off request, formerly tracked in a google calendar
- Connecting International teams
- Employment tracking used to be all in an excel spreadsheet
- Managers feel a greater ownership of their team
- Managers can see all of their employee information in one place and make more informed decisions.
- Tracking requests and changes
- Open Enrollment (used to be online) -- Tip: you can add documents to most pages in OE, however, there are some pages where you can't - I ended up getting access to an engineering account for Cloudinary and I can setup links to documents that are critical to OE.