Naviance

Naviance provides school counselors and administrators with easy-to-use communications tools to increase student engagement, and connect with families.

Work for Naviance?

Learning about Naviance?

Naviance Reviews

Showing 23 Naviance reviews
Naviance review by <span>Molly G.</span>
Molly G.

I have used Naviance to write college recommendations for students

What do you like best?

I like how you can upload and submit to all the colleges at once. I like how the students only need to send once and it reminds me by sending me an email. I like how all the students who have requested a letter from you are on one list in the same spot.

What do you dislike?

I don't like all the buttons you have to push to upload one recc for one student. I think the procress is a bit long to get to the web page where you actually upload the letter. I also don't like that it does not alert nor remind you that a student

We are using this process for educational purposes. I have realized that it is very useful for organizational purposes.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Naviance
Naviance review by <span>Stacy T.</span>
Stacy T.

Great for managing college applications!

What do you like best?

I like that Naviance is a cooperative platform where students, teachers and colleges can collaborate around college applications. I love the eDocs feature most, as well as the college list-building and research tool. The scatter plots for predicted college acceptance is also helpful.

What do you dislike?

Naviance has an unattractive user interface, which is not appealing to look at. I wish the student-facing side were more visually appealing and had more options for administrators to add more easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get eDocs.

I am able to collaborate with students, teachers, and colleges through the app. It helps eliminate multiple methods of information exchange, because everything can be sent through the platform. It makes student advising much easier.

What Other Education solution do you use?

Naviance review by <span>Lori B.</span>
Lori B.

Naviance Revolutionized Our School Community

What do you like best?

Naviance has changed the way I do my job. It is incredible how everything is packaged into one program. The students love using it and are amazed at what the program can do. The program has brought a whole new level of knowledge and information to the students.

What do you dislike?

I have a pretty positive attitude towards Naviance. There are a couple of downsides to the program. I believe that the program is quite expensive. It has some great add on features, however quite pricey. Another downfall is that not all colleges or universities accept electronic documents. Which then in turn makes the process archaic again. I also had some technology issues with the add on curriculum piece and it took them several months to fix the problem.

The benefits are great. I have a tracking system of when I send transcripts and publish scholarships. There is also an excellent piece to communicate with parents. The turn around for college admissions documents is great also.

Naviance review by <span>Joanne R.</span>
Joanne R.

Great program for students and educators to work together

What do you like best?

Naviance is a user friendly program that allows students to work with educators in order to make their post-secondary transition as seamless as possible. Naviance has the availability for all of the students information regarding testing, college requests, and their high school information to all in be in program. This program can be viewed at school and at home.

What do you dislike?

Some students have a difficult time linking information, as they also use the College Board site frequently. Using multiple platforms can be challenging for some students, and information is therefore left out.

Students take various assessments within Naviance throughout high school. They are able to narrow down their interests and personality traits in order to find applicable careers. This helps students to think of career paths and therefore post-secondary education.

Naviance review by <span>Nathan W.</span>
Nathan W.

A teacher's perspective on Naviance

What do you like best?

Naviance is a useful tool for teachers to be able to manage student letters of recommendation requests for college successfully, but I feel there is more the app could provide. The organization of the website is very simple and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

The one aspect of Naviance that does not work well is notifications. I had students tell me they had submitted a request for me, but I had to log in to see the request. I checked the settings and there is not much to push to email or have an app on your personal device to let you know there was a request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great system for students and educators.

In our school system, Naviance is helping teachers work closely with guidance counselors to create an efficient and effective way for students to prepare their applications for college.

Naviance review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

I have used Naviance to help students with college and career exploration.

What do you like best?

Naviance is easy to navigate and has a ton of information available and is easy to navigate. Our students use it to explore different careers using the career cluster search as well as using the super Match college search tool.

What do you dislike?

It does not print off information (I.e. survey results, data) in a user friendly way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you want from it before purchasing some additions that you might not need or might not yet be ready to implement.

Data collection is much easier. Students can log in and respond to surveys any where they have a computer.

Learning about Naviance?

* We monitor all Naviance reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.