NCR Aloha POS

NCR Aloha POS

3.8

NCR Aloha POS gives operators all the tools they need to boost sales and increase the pace of service, With NCR Aloha POS you can enter orders and payments, streamline food preparation and delivery.

Work for NCR Aloha POS?

Learning about NCR Aloha POS?

NCR Aloha POS Reviews

Ask NCR Aloha POS a Question
Showing 146 NCR Aloha POS reviews
NCR Aloha POS review by Joseph W.
Joseph W.

"Which is worse...Aloha or NCR???"

What do you like best?

Aloha has been awful for my business, and I believe the root source is NCR. The only thing that I like about it is that I have some familiarity with the system. Besides that, we keep encountering new problems with the software and the hardware. I've had 2 of my 6 brand new terminals replaced after they went bad and corrupted my whole system. It has not been good for business what so ever.

What do you dislike?

I can't stand NCR. Their customer service is dreadful. All service calls that I make during the operating hours of my restaurant are all outsourced over seas and it is very frustrating trying to work with them. The local office never follows up on any service calls that we submit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All service calls are handled very poorly, and the local office has proven to be difficult for me and my management team to work with.

Aloha has created more problems than it's solved. We are still having a hard time with programming months after we have opened. There seems to be a problem with NCR techs loading old backup points which erases all the programming that we are doing.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NCR Aloha POS
NCR Aloha POS review by Amanda C.
Amanda C.

"Aloha for Coffeehouse, Restaurant & Bar"

What do you like best?

Aloha is pretty user friendly for staff & like that I can add modifiers to help encourage up-selling. Usually get a helpful programmer when need help.

What do you dislike?

Was frustrating to have our entire database copied from a location that has been open for almost 20 years. So it takes a really long time to reboot. Took a long time to work out all the errors & learn how to do all the programming. Not a computer person but I can usually figure things out. Really expensive for help desk calls so only reach out when absolutely necessary. Frustrating when get a programmer that doesn't know the answers to my questions & have to get charged extra while they figure it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expensive & can be difficult to program without help

Able to ring guests up quickly & start tabs if necessary. Clock in control helps keep employees from clocking in too early. Modifier menus help encourage staff to up-sell. Security controls help keep staff from discounting/comp'ing things they shouldn't have access to or refunding cash.

What Restaurant POS solution do you use?

NCR Aloha POS review by Casey L.
Casey L.

"Software and a company that just hands down works well."

What do you like best?

Software that is designed for our business with everything we need. Anything we can think of that we would want is available in the software. From the back end to the front of house and all the cloud products we use it's very easy to use and works well for us.

What do you dislike?

I am having trouble thinking of anything in the software. Our biggest challenge is the system not being chip card ready. I know it's in the works but I feel like as big as NCR is that it should have been available to us long before now and we are still waiting on it. We know in other areas of NCR chip card technology is available so it's hard to understand why it's so far behind in the table service hospatility enviroment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They're an A+ company and should meet your needs.

It basically runs our entire business.

NCR Aloha POS review by sydney h.
sydney h.

"Could be better"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to navigate. It isn't so complicated to the point where it's hard to learn or teach and mostly everything I need is there. I can modify an order and even use different methods of payment to complete one check.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how every time we had a special going on at work for our POS, it was like pulling teeth to get it to be put on our register so we could actually have a customized button for whatever it was. Also, aloha could not get it's systems to work along side our licensed store's system, which was Starbucks, so no one could redeem free drinks even though we were a starbucks, because we were inside another store and that store used aloha. Also it took years for them to figure out how to hook up our scanners

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find something that is more customizeable, more compatible with other platforms, and easier to use and navigate. I feel like aloha "gets the job done" and that's it.

I guess the only problem we solve with aloha is the fact that we are able to ring people out for the products and goods they are buying otherwise we'd be cash only.

NCR Aloha POS review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"20 plus years using Aloha"

What do you like best?

Reliability, it has not gone down in years. Strong customer support from BEC of Denver since it was first installed. It is user friendly for servers and management. It increases speed of service. Communicates orders to the kitchen clearly.

What do you dislike?

Adding new employees and new menu items is cumbersome and front of house has to be shut down to update. The upgrade to the BOH was not an improvement and is less intuitive to use.

Recently we have had to spend several thousand dollars for upgrades and replacement of hardware to be able to run newer versions of Aloha software to remain PCI compliant for credit card processing. The terminals are now proprietary, in years past we could replace a just the touch screen or processor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aloha has served us very well for over two decades and I expect that to continue.

Our accounting service automatically polls sales and payroll data at the end of each day which eliminates data entry and increases accuracy.

It increases speed of service. Communicates orders to the kitchen clearly.

NCR Aloha POS review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"Tried and true but cumbersome"

What do you like best?

Aloha has Industry leading functionality and interfaces with most third party software. There is generally local support available, either through a dealer or independent contractors. Restaurant staff has probably used it before and is familiar with the functionality. Config Center is a great tool for managing menus

What do you dislike?

Aloha was written 30 years ago and its heritage shows. An on-site server is required and data is stored in flat files in dated subdirectories. Updates are processed nightly and cannot be made in real time without rebooting the system. Off line credit card functionality is very cumbersome to implement.

Every tool is an add on and an additional cost which makes the solution very expensive. Traditional Windows POS is expensive to acquire and support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are probably better and less expensive solutions on the market for small operators. Aloha can be cumbersome to build and support but it remains one of the best options for large chains

Solid POS functionality with good interfaces to online ordering and above store reporting tools.

NCR Aloha POS review by Administrator in Restaurants
Administrator in Restaurants

"Long Time User"

What do you like best?

I appreciate all the plug ins and extras you can have that work with Aloha. They are one of the biggest so when you need something - i.e. virtual gift card , you have the ability to pick from different third party options.

What do you dislike?

Enterprise is so intense. If you need a report you have to scan through hundreds of them to get what you need. At this point I've started using the data exports for everything. I don't like how you are forced to use a reseller based on your territory. If our reseller isn't living up to our needs we would like to be able to get someone who can help. You would also think with Aloha being the biggest POS the simple restaurant industry specific needs would be easy to obtain. i.e. making sure payroll reports use the correct overtime rates, being able to do tips on checks without manual manipulation of reports etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider what your big picture is. Make sure you set up your database with thoughts of the future even if you don't know what that future exactly is yet.

They plug in with our payroll company and our outsourced accounting company. So we don't have to send files these companies can directly access our data.

NCR Aloha POS review by Administrator

"Complicated and no customization"

What do you like best?

I like how detailed some of the reports are and what you are able to do with the system

What do you dislike?

I HATE that we cant customize any reports and that when we need anything we have to start at level 1, who 99.9% of the time know less that I do about the Aloha system at this point and almost always have to escalate me to level 2.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aloha in my opinion feels like they are the biggest player in the game, therefore they can slack on customer service and customization. We were told we could get 15 years out of our system and had to upgrade after 8. They have no solution for pay at the table with EMV as of now, and players like Oracle have already started releasing products of this magnitude. They also continue to blame our credit card processor for that, while the credit card processor says the same thing about Aloha. A lot of blame game and no answers are what we get most of the time.

We are using the Pulse app which has helped us figure out table turns and be much more conscious of voids and comps

NCR Aloha POS review by Lukus H.
Lukus H.

"Blithely taking advantage of past success."

What do you like best?

When the system is working, it works pretty flawlessly. It's all hardwired and time-tested which makes it largely VERY reliable and not as susceptible to internet outages or other random technical glitches that other, newer, POS systems have struggled with.

What do you dislike?

Gods help you if you're ever in a position of needing assistance, technical or otherwise, from this company. If you don't have a service contract, costing you thousands of dollars a year, the willingness of this company to lift a finger for you is near zero. Even with a five-star service contract (again, thousands of dollars every year) you will be doing the lions share of the troubleshooting on your own while someone on the other end of the phone does their best to turn you into a professional IT person instantaneously. Given the number of little patchy upgrades they've implemented over the past couple years, it's pretty guaranteed the person your'e on the phone with will not be particularly familiar with your system and, more or less, unable to provide you with all the help you need. If you ever need technical help from them, saddle up; it's going to be a long and bumpy ride.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I had an initial glimmer of hope when NCR bought Aloha. They seemed willing to pour resources into the system and a genuine interest in customer service. That lasted for a few months. If switching POS systems didn't mean incurring tremendous cost in an already-established business I would have done so years ago. In ten years I have known exactly two reps and one technical person who seemed capable and wonderful. I strongly encourage you to consider another POS system.

I guess we're solving an efficiency issue with tickets being able to go in quickly and consistently regardless of the person entering the order. That's helpful. Those benefits seem as dated as aloha itself in the age of tablet-based POS systems which are becoming more reliable and cheaper every year.

NCR Aloha POS review by John R.
John R.

"Long time user, long time fan."

What do you like best?

Aloha has the advantage of a diverse community of users and decades of product development. As a result, their feature list is deep making it highly capable of meeting the needs of its users, and then some.

What do you dislike?

It would be wonderful if all system updates could take place in real-time, without the need to restart the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like most things in life, you'll get out of it what you put into it. Take an active interest in learning how to use it, and your time will be rewarded with increased profitability.

The proper implementation of Aloha has enabled us to have consistency in all aspects of our business. From pricing, to order flow, to labor tracking, and the managing of our events business, there is very little about our operations that Aloha, in one way or another, doesn't provide an impact.

NCR Aloha POS review by Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.

"The most malleable and efficiencent sales system "

What do you like best?

There’s virtually an infinite numbers of customizable options depending on your needs and what you’d like to make available to your staff. It’s the simplest and best system I’ve used in all my years in the restaurant industry.

What do you dislike?

The system does tend to freeze or glitch during immense thunderstorms or heavy wind which is to be expected honestly. Also there's the fact that you can't be on two screens at once which can be frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I attest that the Aloha POS system is the easiest system to use, teach to employees and adjust credit cards without having to void them. Helps tremendously with customer rapport.

It relays a speedy ticket to the kitchen, and it has the most vast choices to modify items, also the keyboard section helps to prevent unwanted confusion when ordering. It's the only system I've worked with that holds that capability.

"Manager Assistant (MA)"

What do you like best?

Ease of navigation through a vast amount of different screens. Screen layout is extremely important to ensure fast accurate transactions and Aloha POS deliver's this hands down.

What do you dislike?

I really wish instead of logging in with a password or keycard swipe that it would allow fingerprint identification as a way to log in. Entering passwords and numbers repetitively can and does cause mistakes often when inputting our numbers to log in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a valuable tool in many ways, but don't put all your eggs in one basket when it comes to technology always have a backup plan if these systems have technical issues

Aloha has allowed us to see the bigger picture of our company and its employees. We have realized that it's a crucial part of our company and without this POS system, we would fail and become unable to operate. So we have answered the question what would happen to us if this system went down... we are still in the process of working out a plan b. Because technology does fail and isn't full proof.

NCR Aloha POS review by Santiago O.
Santiago O.

"Santiago's Review"

What do you like best?

POS users seem to like it's versatility and the familiarity, since it is so widely used at other companies as well.

What do you dislike?

It takes too long to get help with issues. Also, it seems as though many of the techs are fishing for the root cause when they really don't know what could be causing the issue in the first place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know upfront that NCR will over promise and under deliver. More than anything, customer service is not their strong suite,.

All restaurant companies need some sort of POS system to communicate orders to the kitchen.

NCR Aloha POS review by Wesley Y.
Wesley Y.

"Outdated, Expensive, not compatible with anything new, old technology "

What do you like best?

It still works after 10 years, easy to update and user friendly platform for servers and bartenders

What do you dislike?

It's expensive to upgrade and update, very expensive to maintain and performing maintence is expensive. Can't integrate with any other platforms because everything is hardwired. Unable to adopt bluetooth or wireless functions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prepare to shell out a lot of money to use the Aloha POS platform. There are lots of other options now, tablet ordering systems where servers walk around with a tablet and can place orders instantly. Lots of wireless printing and serving options.

We use Aloha POS for our restuarant. It's very easy to place orders and kitchen receives the orders. The system is realitively fast and gest the job done

NCR Aloha POS review by Joe G.
Joe G.

"Aloha POS is an affordable way to go in business transactions."

What do you like best?

Easy to use, very affordable for both small-scale and large-scale users, offers cloud storage of data making it very secure and useful for both onsite and offsite management of transactions, allows a small or mid-scale business to handle big number of transactions which increases profitability.

What do you dislike?

Poor customer support team, requires some skills to make optimum profit out of it otherwise everything else is great, It is more favorable for use in restaurants although it works in others but not as well as in restaurants.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aloha Pos makes it easy to serve a big number of clients hence increase sales which brings about profit, its very affordable and useful especially for restaurants and related businesses.

Remote transactions data access, mass client service at affordable rates, record tracking.

NCR Aloha POS review by Benjamin M.
Benjamin M.

"Great to use."

What do you like best?

easy to use features, cloud version enables one to access transaction data even when not physically in the restaurant, this makes management easy, makes it easy to access more tabs at the same time, allows customers to split payments at ease. I also find it very secure to administer transaction without leaking data to unauthorized cashiers.

What do you dislike?

I don't love how its restricted to bars and food joints it could do more even in other business set-ups. Customer Support response is not that reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you run a restaurant, bar or any kind of business that takes orders in customer service you are good to go with Aloha POS.

Fraudulent transactions have ceased to exist, order management became easy.

NCR Aloha POS review by Joseph C.
Joseph C.

"Steubens review"

What do you like best?

No system is perfect but Aloha has great customer service and is always willing to accommodate any requests we may have along the way.

What do you dislike?

Wish the scheduler is easy to use. Not much else Aloha is great

Price accountability and accuracy with numbers. We also use a couple of different 3 rd party programs such as Reserve and shift notes. Aloha is always easy to get a 3 rd party signed up and working with our system.

NCR Aloha POS review by User

"Best Over All Performance"

What do you like best?

The reliability of the system is very good. Functionality FOH is straight forward and easy to learn. Changing menu items, printer routing, submenu layout and reporting BOH are easy. I change at least 4-6 items daily for our food specials and draft list and it only takes a few minutes.(BOH, see below) Gift cards and loyalty programs are nice and easy to use. The Pulse App is great. (needs a few updates tho, see below)

What do you dislike?

Cons: No finger print login option. You cannot delete items, so in my case I literally have tens of thousands of items in the system and doing a refresh every day to update food and drink specials takes 10-15 minutes for the FOH terminals to refresh. Gift card and loyalty programs are too expensive, in todays industry you are basically forced to have them, so NCR charges you monthly. Software and Hardware warranties WAY too expensive. Tech support WAY too expensive, and triple the cost after 5pm, in this industry our busiest times are after 5pm, and that's when we need it the most, $200+ per hour?? Shameful. The Pulse App is a great tool, however, it should have category tiles that automatically update everyday to whatever items are currently on the submenus, adding 5-10 items a day is tedious when this system should be able to do it for you by just checking the active submenus. Example: Draft Tile would know what current drafts are in the submenu and update when a user logs into the app. Employee Files: As stated before you cannot delete items, you cannot delete employees either, so if you have a new employee with the same last 4 of their SSN the system will reject it and you have to come up with something else.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This system is geared towards full service restaurants. Be ready to spend some money to get the system and keep spending for warranties, required upgrades, and loyalty programs. It is the most reliable system I have seen. You pay for what you get. Consider processing your Credit Cards through them as well to get the 300 free tech support minutes per year. it helps as the tech support is VERY expensive.

Reporting is nice to be able to see your product mix, what is selling and what is not, time of day, etc. Food and Beverage cost % too.

NCR Aloha POS review by User

"Aloha or Not Aloha - That is the question"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use because I have used it for so long. It seems that most servers and mgmt that are hired are familiar with it as well. The restaurant management side of things is good as well since it gives me insight to the business. It is a system that we have used for the last several years. We were one of the first users in the Houston market.

What do you dislike?

The service level that we receive is low. Hard to get someone to address new ideas that are out there or implement new things that are in the market. There are easier systems to work with out there but we stick with Aloha because we are familiar with it. They are expensive as well compared with the market that is out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They need to get with the times. It seems that they are behind the times when it comes to being completive. They only thing that they have going for them is that it is a global company with NCR and that people are familiar with them.

Being able to get managers and staff on board and understanding the system quickly is a plus. They also at times will have ideas that they have encountered at other locations that they can bring to us. It is sad that these ideas have to come from a new hire and not our provider

NCR Aloha POS review by Administrator

"Aloha POS is about ten years behind and five to the left"

What do you like best?

I had to think really hard about this one and I came up with nothing

What do you dislike?

I don't even know where to start. We are using few of Aloha's services, such as loyalty, online ordering, and POS. First of all, each one of these pieces of software has a completely different logic and interface, which makes it a challenge to manage. We've had all kinds of issues especially with loyalty and online ordering, starting from implantation time taking double or triple the maximum promised. On the loyalty side, we've had issues with basic things from online sign-up logic for guests to the way the system handles loyalty plans for multiple locations that do not have the exact same item numbers for each item on the menu. Here I should give credit to the loyalty team that handles the online signup process who actually listened to my suggestions, agreed that there is a better way to handle the signup process and implemented the changes significantly quick. So, good job on that! Now, back to online ordering. I can talk about that for a while. First, implementation took about three times longer than the period promised. Then, I encountered a problem on the first day of testing where if a guest places more than one order for the same date and time, each one of which they received confirmation for, the store receives all those orders at the back of the house server, but only one of all the orders makes it to the POS and therefore, the kitchen. In a case like this, the employees at the store realize that there is more than one order at the moment the guest comes in to pick up their orders. I suppose anyone who has ever worked in the restaurant can understand how embarrassing that is. Well, guess how long it took for that problem to get fixed - about 15 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ther are so many options out there today of companies that are much more flexible and have a constant progress towards improving their customers' experience. If I had to chose a POS for a new store that does not need to be linked to our franchise it will be anything else but Aloha.

We don't have to use pen and paper.

NCR Aloha POS review by Daniel C.
Daniel C.

"Aloha is the premier POS system for Restaurants"

What do you like best?

Aloha has an incredibly simple user interface, as well as complex capabilities. It is fast, forgiving, and streamlined. I've used many POS systems, and Aloha blows the competition out of the water.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike about Aloha, especially since it beats out all over systems. The systems are very configurable so the functionality from restaurant to restaurant depends on the configuration agreed upon by management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the premier system. I've handwritten checks and processed transactions, worked with Micros (which is a nightmare), but Aloha has always remained the best, and continues to improve. Solid IT support, as well as very user friendly interface, and the coursing system in place for fine dining establishments streamlines a time sensitive and detail oriented service process.

Efficiently serving high volumes of business, multitasking and streamlining tasks in an extremely simple way.

NCR Aloha POS review by Administrator

"Robust POS / Solid Legacy Option"

What do you like best?

Aloha POS is a robust resource for single and multi-unit operations. We've managed to track multiple revenue sources through Aloha, not a feature of some of the newer tablet based options. We worked with NCR to replicate our data for building our own reports and dashboards, that was an enjoyable process.

What do you dislike?

Our local distributor has poor customer service, not entirely NCR's fault. We have concerns about not seeing a tablet based version of Aloha we can get behind and implement. NCR needs to make the integration with delviery and third-party apps more of a forefront.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A legacy POS option, NCR has great customer service, but beware of the local distributors that you have to buy NCR products from, they are not always consistent in service. I wish NCR would allow direct distribution to smaller organizations like where I work.

Transaction handling, labor and sales data, menu mix data

NCR Aloha POS review by Cesar H.
Cesar H.

"Easy to use!"

What do you like best?

As a user, the software was easy to use and navigate. I liked the way the software is set-up and the flexibility it had to make quick changes. All of the servers at the restaurant liked using it. The customization helped a lot! Easy to read receipts, manage, and helped tremendously with communications with the kitchen.

What do you dislike?

Regular frozen screens were the only main thing that I noticed. For the most part, the functionality of it was great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would totally recommend for restaurant use. Most of the servers that used it enjoyed the ease of use as well as the flexibility of it. It is easy to manage and make changes to it.

Helped the service staff greatly. It was quick and really user-friendly. Super easy to learn as well.

"18 Year User of Aloha"

What do you like best?

The training curve is not as long with new hires.

What do you dislike?

That it is not chip ready for credit cards. Have thought about moving to another POS based on this alone. They fib about their progress on this, "They are working on it, it'll come out soon." is what I've heard for 2+ years...no joke.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Because of changing credit card requirements go with a product that takes this seriously. If they don't you can have multiple chargebacks and fake fraud use of cards from swiping as is the issue with Aloha. The other alternative with Aloha is using a wireless 3rd party device which means re-entering all credit card charges into Aloha at the end of the night and paying the highest discount card rate due to using a wireless device.

Quick resolution of issues. Keeps running smoothly. Easy to expand or reduce. Get the reports I need.

NCR Aloha POS review by Moses W.
Moses W.

"Aloha POS was not bad when I used it. "

What do you like best?

Cloud based which enables admins to access data from anywhere anytime, easy to use with other accounting facilities available, quite affordable, great features, its mobile version makes it more easy to use for both small and big restaurants. Offers free trial for new users to learn how to use. Also offers training through video.

What do you dislike?

Slow customer support response but when they do they solve the problem fast and you are back to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to try it if you are in need of a POS software for your restaurant its great.

Slow manual transactions, data storage on all transactions and access without necessarily having to physically to go to the restaurant.

NCR Aloha POS review by Zach H.
Zach H.

"Great restaurant POS."

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. The options are laid out by category (which follow the steps of service). The categories can then further expand to view more options. When ringing in the item it walks you through all the required mods (temp, additional sauces, sides). Very easy to use

What do you dislike?

I do not like that every meal is required to be accompanied by a drink. I do not like pressing “water” every time someone gets a water.

Cuts down on training time of new servers. Ease of use makes learning quick. Also the required modifiers help remind which questions to ask the guests.

NCR Aloha POS review by David T.
David T.

"Thai Topaz"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for employees and business owners (to an extent). Local support team. NCR Pulse

What do you dislike?

Reporting. Wish could have more configurations to setup parameters to analyze employee performance and create specific reports.

Training videos on management/BOH functionality. Should have more so DIY-type managers can do.

Would like more restaurant-specific metrics based on data already available and collected in system.

Not much solving - more keeping track. Able to use basic reporting to keep track of sales and product mix to help make some business decisions, but wish reporting could show trends for specific periods of time with visual presentation as well.

NCR Aloha POS review by Administrator in Music
Administrator in Music

"easy to use but could be simplified "

What do you like best?

I like that most restaurants use aloha and that when most employees use it it easy to pick up on how to use the software system.

What do you dislike?

I think that there are too many sub catagrories and that they could combine and condence on how many sub catagories they are showing on the screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that its the best system out there but i think that they could revamp it and make it alot easier to use on the managers side. to refund and re apply a credt card is way too time consuming and it could be steamlined alot easier

No problems that arise with using aloha pos.

NCR Aloha POS review by meb v.
meb v.

"Real time info "

What do you like best?

very informative REAL TIME info that can not only help us in future planning but on day to day process

What do you dislike?

frankly ? no dislikes this product is definate an advantage on our daily needs

Recommendations to others considering the product

very informative tool to use

1) real time hours sales track

2)Keep schedule maintained as to real time sales

3) keep track of category demand and order inventory accordingly

NCR Aloha POS review by Tara E.
Tara E.

"Efficient"

What do you like best?

It's fairly simple to make tweaks to the system like add employees, create items, make panels and buttons that then help the FOH staff to work efficiently

What do you dislike?

The item lookup is hard to search for items on

It stream lines items that we use across our company at other locations as well as allows for differences across locations

NCR Aloha POS review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Needs Streamlined"

What do you like best?

I like some of the ways you’re able to personalize the product. It allows you to pinpoint or narrow down your touchscreen options for a fairly common sense approach to POS entries.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the customer service engagement. I dislike the opportunities that are left out for a more streamlined and user-friendly interface. Also, the reporting coming from Aloha should be able to provide insight for any analytic your company desires and yet it is very clunky only provides a broad spectrum of information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out all options before choosing a POS system, and make sure if you chose ALOHA that both and front and back end use is going to suit the needs of your business.

It allows team members to have a POS as well as a time clock. It allows management reporting for each of these on the back end.

NCR Aloha POS review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Aloha POS"

What do you like best?

The Aloha POS system is easy for Staff to learn and access. Employee turnover in our industry can be high, and having a reliable and easy-to-use system is key to our business.

What do you dislike?

Our system requires a customer PIN to be entered (approximately one in every 40 transactions), which is difficult because we have to ask the customer to leave their table and walk to the POS station during their dining experience. Some customers do not like entering a PIN in front of Staff.

Reporting and financial data access.

NCR Aloha POS review by User

"Very customizable, but crashes often."

What do you like best?

As FOH staff in my restaurant, I loved how easy the Aloha POS was to learn. Things were laid out in a very easy to see and understand way, and my managers were able to go in and mark items no longer available so servers could easily see it. Splitting checks and printing checks is super easy with this system, and it's very easy to maneuver. People can master using the Aloha POS system in just a few days.

What do you dislike?

The system crashes quite frequently. I would say at least once, maybe twice a week we wouldn't be able to run credit cards on the system, and daily it would just freeze up or crash and have to restart in the middle of a rush.

This system is very easy for new hires to learn, and takes little to no time to master. It is very well laid out, and allows the splitting of checks easily and quickly. Overall, I loved this system.

NCR Aloha POS review by Administrator

"Headed in the right direction"

What do you like best?

NCR has made Aloha a more modern POS system by adding cloud apps including Pulse app to monitor real-time stats, Configuration Center to manage multiple location and online ordering.

What do you dislike?

The NCR development team should listen more to it's customers needs before developing their products and offer beta programs discounting the products that are not really ready for market. The amount of time commitment is not clear upfront when signing up. Many products take considerable configuration and there's limited to no implementation help by NCR. Customers learn the hard way instead of a proactive approach by experts at NCR.

Aloha is efficient at table service and menu management and feature rich for unique configurations. Stability with the POS product has been the best benefit.

NCR Aloha POS review by Michael N.
Michael N.

"The system crashed frequently and the vendor deliberately requires you to use their hardware"

What do you like best?

It is a step up from a cash register but it is extremely overpriced, unstable and not user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The system would crash at least once a day for the three years I used it in my restaurants. Expensive and slow service to repair the issues would have the restaurant down. The technicians would force you to use their hardware so they could overcharge you for printers and other periphals. The database was held in disjointed daily reports rather one large database that you could use OLAP to provide Excel pivot tables against. Instead I had to export every days report in a flat file to an Access database to have true reporting, or, recurring theme here, pay outrageous fees to Aloha for basic reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

http://www.businessoftware.com/ will save you thousands of dollars over the years and provide greater reporting abilities all while appearing exactly the same as Aloha interface to front of house staff.

I am running restaurant point of sales systems. By switching from Aloha to BSS Restaurant POS I have saved hundreds of thousands of dollars and have had a much more stable point of sale system that accepts any swap out of hardware and continues to run. Support is $30 a month and excellent compared to Aloha which ran in the thousands of dollars and was poor. http://www.businessoftware.com/

NCR Aloha POS review by Kaarin V.
Kaarin V.

"I love Aloha"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to navigate and helps make sure orders are correct

What do you dislike?

After system resets it freezes occasionally, leaving the resturants system down for up to 15 minutes at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely would switch, especially those in the resturant industry that want to maximize profits and figure out earnings and inventory with ease.

There are a ton of benefits associated with the aloha such as maximizing profits, making sure orders are correct, and helping with the financials of the store.

NCR Aloha POS review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Aloha: The Biggest POS Around"

What do you like best?

I didn't have much of a choice because the system was chosen before I was hired at the location.

It was chosen because it was the standard at he time. It's dated now and needs to be replaced.

What do you dislike?

Dated user interface. Tedious report making process with too many limitations for customization. Lack of features like suggestive sales, customer information gathering for integrate with marketing, expensive. Close out makes a use separate the card types (extra step) then enter Tips in an inefficient way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework and spend your money on something more current.

Point of sale.

NCR Aloha POS review by Amy M.
Amy M.

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

This POS system is very easy to use. It's intuitive and usually works without any problems.

What do you dislike?

The customer service isn't very good. I end up on hold for easily 5-10 minutes. When it goes down, that is a very long time to wait. The process of resetting takes another few minutes.

This software runs credit cards; basically runs the point of sale for the restaurant. It is a very good way to take customers.

NCR Aloha POS review by MICHAEL M.
MICHAEL M.

"Aloha POS is the best POS i have ever used."

What do you like best?

It is versatile hence tailored to fit both small scale,medium and large scale business individuals,Cloud hosted hence provide secure and safe access from any location. Compatible with android,window,mac,iPad and all web based devices.

What do you dislike?

All features are working well though customer support team need further improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best payment software that can assist you in both small and large enterprises.

The software has assisted in payment and record keeping.

NCR Aloha POS review by Sarah C.
Sarah C.

"Aloha Recommendation"

What do you like best?

iPad capabilities. Good reporting. Integration with other systems

What do you dislike?

The system went down often and the customer support wasn't what I would like it to have been considering hours a new user with a client of mine who was also a new user. I would've preferred more training on site with an expert

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend at this system for a smaller company. Multiunit capabilities are there but I think there are a lot of bugs in the system that still need to be worked out.

My clients work in the restaurant industry and some retail

NCR Aloha POS review by Michael E.
Michael E.

"Still one of the best..."

What do you like best?

Ease of use—very few touches to get very specific

What do you dislike?

Back Office is still kind of confusing—not user friendly. Interface seems antiquated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solid, dependable machines and Support

Scheduling and inventory difficulties have been all but solved using Aloha

NCR Aloha POS review by Thomas N. T.
Thomas N. T.

"Aloha to Aloha?"

What do you like best?

Built like a tank hardware, easy screen to read, stands up to high volume usage

What do you dislike?

behind the times on operating features and most costly on the market

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aloha looks to be the NCR of the 70's the industry leader, but competition has not only caught up, but surpassed the operating system at a lower cost

few problems solved, have looked at other systems that seem to be light years ahead of aloha software

"Aloha pos review "

What do you like best?

It's easy to navigate where you want to go by using the sub menus on the screen

For instance you can go to fictions and it will have 4 options of reports or employee or sales of restaurant

What do you dislike?

I think it could have less sub screens so when serves are using it or manages it can say functions and under functions say check out, clock out,delete check out, sales summary all on one tab instead of having multiple tabs on the screen

It provides an easy way of making button keys and it provides lots of modifications buttons I think the system it self is easy to use I think navigating the system can be simplified

NCR Aloha POS review by Administrator in Food Production
Administrator in Food Production

"Solid system"

What do you like best?

You can pretty much do anything in Aloha. There are so many functionalities that it is impossible to tap to all. We do fast food and it integrates with everything (video, kitchen displays, printers, inventory...). Managements loves real time app.

What do you dislike?

We can’t seem to get reliable tablets for our fast food drive thru.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will be able to take advantage of Aloha better if you have an IT person dedicated to it.

We serve a very difficult menu and modifiers and allergen need especial care. We improved our order accuracy by switching to a more personalized panels. It was all possible after some Aloha training,

NCR Aloha POS review by Giovanna F.
Giovanna F.

"ALOHA"

What do you like best?

It is easy to utilize and to use basic functions. The payroll report, overtime warning,

What do you dislike?

Certain functions are limited and I have to call support so they can make them available. By calling them we incurred a charge, I dislike additional charges.

If the server erases the credit card after the customer leaves I can access the information in the back of the house computer and not lose the sales.

NCR Aloha POS review by Christopher L.
Christopher L.

"Aloha POS for Restaurant and Brewery"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use system. No problem getting new hires up to speed on how to ring in beer/food purchases and tour tickets.

What do you dislike?

Some of the reporting features are not great. But we added INSIGHT last year and I'm sure if we spent the time digging in there, we'd be able to get everything we need.

Helps our accounting group keep track of sales in Beer Hall.

NCR Aloha POS review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Intuitive & Extensive - Aloha POS"

What do you like best?

The endless amount of options that Aloha provides is what makes it so great. The amount of information Aloha can process and combine reports to give you incredible amounts of detail/stats about your business is what makes Aloha POS worth it! My favorite feature is the "spooling" mode for EDC, the software that processes credit cards.

What do you dislike?

Aloha takes a lot of patience and discipline to learn. Aloha isn't as user friendly as you would expect. It's not as easy as using an iPhone for example. It's mostly recommended to take some sort of basic training online or in class on how to function with Aloha. Aloha certification is an actual thing and can be used in your resume to build an advantage over others. Knowing how to use Aloha systems is always a plus but again, it takes time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aloha is owned by NCR which NCR offers lots of extensive branches of services that can help enhance your Aloha experience.

Finding a software with an all in one solution that can handle almost every aspect of the hospitality business is the benefit you realize when using Aloha. From menu creation and editing, staff management tools, online ordering tools, special event tools, full customization of your touch screen terminal interface, absolutely endless options and results!

NCR Aloha POS review by John S.
John S.

"Good, But..."

What do you like best?

Like the ease of use & it is user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Customer service/support. We pay for 24/7 help desk support & often times we are left leaving a message & waiting for someone to call us back. With the NCR stored value support it is often time 10-24 hours before we actually get support.

It is a simple system for servers to use. Tracking sales/customer counts

NCR Aloha POS review by Blake H.
Blake H.

"Aloha is a great POS system"

What do you like best?

I I love the integration with menulink back office. It really gives you the analytics to drive your business as far as it can go.

What do you dislike?

The scheduling could be more like 7 shifts in regards to the team communication factor

Finding lost money it is really a great tool. Without it you simply kiss out on profits for your business.

NCR Aloha POS review by Christina H.
Christina H.

"Super user friendly "

What do you like best?

I loved how simple the screens were and how easy it was to find exactly what you were looking for, modify any items and also split checks and organize your checks as needed. It's been the best food ordering system I've used in the industry so far.

What do you dislike?

The color scheme was a little bit bright so my taste, it would have been nice to have some options for that

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it over any other ordering software that I've used thus far. It's the simplest and most easy to use as well as very quick to train new employees on.

Food orders, splitting checks, checkout etc

Learning about NCR Aloha POS?

* We monitor all NCR Aloha POS reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.