Nearpod

Nearpod is an innovative and interactive classroom tool to create, engage and assess.

Work for Nearpod?

Learning about Nearpod?

Nearpod Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 27 Nearpod reviews
Nearpod review by Ann C.
Ann C.

"Nearpod Review"

What do you like best?

Nearpod is user friendly and I believe it is free depending on which edition you choose to use. I use the free Silver edition. You can create slides (similar to those in PowerPoint), import slides from a file that you've already created, add photos, and add audio. You can insert images or websites via hyperlinks. The best part is that you can also create quizzes and polls right in your presentation and the audience can respond via their phone, tablet, or lap top.

What do you dislike?

It can be time consuming to import slides that you've already created, and with anything, can take some time to get used to where all the tools are located. I haven't had too many formatting issues when importing slides from PowerPoint, but most of my slides are pretty basic. I'm not sure how animation (such as fly-ins) transfer into Nearpod.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try! It's definitely helpful if you include questions/polls into your current presentations to elicit audience feedback.

I use Nearpod to increase my use of technology in the classroom. I used to use two different formats for presentations and for quizzing/polling my class, toggling back and forth between the two platforms. I am now able to combine those two things (content and review questions or elicit feedback/participation along the way) very easily and increase participation in the classroom. These days, it is hard to get students to put their phones and tablets away, but if you incorporate them into their learning, it helps keep them engaged and decrease the urge to check their phones throughout class.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Nearpod
Nearpod review by Ian M.
Ian M.

"Nearpod Next Generation Teaching"

What do you like best?

Nearpod is changing the way we teach and learn. The platform continues to break new ground and has a unique set of features which excel when used to meet learning outcomes. It can be used in any many applications across the teaching and learning portfolios and should be explored in all types of education.

What do you dislike?

Nearpod only seems to be advertised for the younger students which tends to put staff training and higher education left out. However, the product is excellent across all age groups and there is a lack of acknowledgement on their advertising.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has so much to offer once you understand how to change your teaching style.

We have started to engage staff across the Faculty to begin to teach differently and to be able to move away from traditional lectures using PowerPoint.

What Classroom Management solution do you use?

Nearpod review by Laura J.
Laura J.

"Interactive Presenting"

What do you like best?

I like that Nearpod has both the presenter mode and the self guided mode. This way, I can either move my students through the presentation as a whole group, or they can be assigned to move through the presentation (and any quiz questions) individually, at their own pace. I also like that quiz questions can be embedded into the presentation and that the program collects and organizes student data.

What do you dislike?

I think that the editing platform is a little clunky and not terribly user-friendly. Coming from using SMARTNotebook or Google Slides, it's a little less easy to totally customize your presentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Search the library of already created presentations to save yourself time!

Nearpod helps me teach my class new concepts in a more interactive way, rather than just sitting and listening. Students are held accountable to what they learn through quiz questions interspersed in the presentation.

Nearpod review by Nathalie B.
Nathalie B.

"good tool for teachers"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that the presentations can be used in class, teacher paced and set as homework. There are a lot of different activities and even links to websites. I can see the children's work and share it with the class (anonymously) to discuss it. There is a large library with teacher created resources you can use. All your presentations are stored in your private library and can be copied and edited. Login is easy for the students.

What do you dislike?

It is not very cheap for a whole school.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that teachers who like technology and who have mobile devices in class should give it a try. The students like this different way of teaching a lot. It has a lot of possibilities and a big library of existing resources.

The students like working with it, it changes from everyday teaching.

Nearpod review by Hope L.
Hope L.

"Fantastic Platform for Learning"

What do you like best?

Nearpod offers an interactive and visually stunning platform for asynchronous or synchronous learning in a classroom environment. Nearpod is user friendly for all parties, and can be used on students of all ages- children and adults!

What do you dislike?

Many features and products are tiered by price and subscription, with the most useful and interactive features saved for their highest paying customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend users to fully utilize the free content offered on Nearpod. You can save pre-created lessons to their personal library. From their, they can edit and customize that lesson to fit their student's needs. My suggestion is to get a subscription for your school district so that teachers can fully utilize all features without any limitations.

Nearpod provides a way for students to learn content in a new and fresh environment in the classroom. It has the capabilities to assign lessons to individual learners to be completed asynchronously.

Nearpod review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Excellent, engaging educational experience with Nearpod"

What do you like best?

I love the 3D image viewing, the variety of ways to ask questions,and the collaborate option. My students enjoy viewing different objects that are embedded into the slides, and the ability to edit slides is absolutely fantastic. Pre-made lessons are good for administration and simply for getting ideas when creating one's own slides.

What do you dislike?

I have definitely had problems when I used the student-paced function--if the students went back their quiz answers would get deleted. I haven't used the student paced in a few weeks so perhaps this issue has been cleared up. Slides can take a while to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allot plenty of time to familiarize yourself with the program and many options when creating a presentation. View prepared presentations to gain an idea of how to set up a lesson. If you plan to implement a organization-wide policy to use Nearpod, have an interactive presentation using Nearpod that explains how you use it. .

Keeping everyone on the same page--literally--during a presentation. I cannot oversell how useful this is whether you are instructing students or holding a staff meeting. It's a fantastic way to present clear-cut ideas and have everyone able to prove their understanding and present their opinion.

Nearpod review by Stephanie C.
Stephanie C.

"The best on one program for students!"

What do you like best?

Individualized lessons and pre-made lessons. 4d lessons where students can manipulate the graphics without a VR device. The grading of the assignments and a report generated for import into gradebook. I could literally go on.....I LOVE NEARPOD!

What do you dislike?

Nothing.....it is amazing. It is awesome and the kids love it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. Create if you want or use the free lessons. Let your kids try it and ask them if they like it. I guarantee they will and so will you.

Differentiation and feedback given to students individually.

Nearpod review by Angela K.
Angela K.

"NearPod-Interactive Lessons for a Blended Classroom"

What do you like best?

NearPod allows you to use, modify, create interactive lessons with ease. There are 1,000's of pre-done lessons which are free, for purchase, or part of district license that can be added to user library. Most I have found are editable.

What do you dislike?

Users have to purchase the premium account to allow for "asynchronous" deployment. I currently work with Blended and Online courses and we must have this functionality for us to benefit from the resource. The cost for the basic user is step. I would have loved to purchase for our district, but had to limit the users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you try out the product as a free version. Review the available library and test out a few. You can also take an existing presentation and upload to input your own formative questions.

Providing quality, engaging, interactive content for learning and formative assessment.

Nearpod review by elaine W.
elaine W.

"Nearpod Review"

What do you like best?

I enjoy that it involves technology and that is a sure way to engage my students in whatever we are learning. Technology is a 21st century skill I highly advocate in my classroom. I also like that Nearpod allows me to monitor my students comprehension of what we are learning immediately. This allows me to re-mediate as needed when I see that students do not understand what we are learning..

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there are not folders in Nearpod for me to organize my Nearpods by unit and grade level. Also, I dislike that Nearpod doesn't allow me to use sound as an option for making my presentation more engaging and interactive to students. Perhaps an option for personal recordings would be good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Play around with it so that you can see the full scope of options available with this wonderful tool. This means create your own practice presentation as well as trying out one of the free Nearpods available for teachers to use in their classrooms.

I do not have a business. However, I have found benefits from Nearpod by asking student open-ended questions where I can probe them on a deeper level. Plus, I can share out exemplary answers to the class as models for those who need to think on a deeper level. Additionally, I can share out incorrect answers anonymously in order to correct errors in thinking immediately.

Nearpod review by Ryan M.
Ryan M.

"Nearpod"

What do you like best?

Nearpod is a fantastic resource to use as an educator because it enables for the integration of a variety of tools to assess whether or not the students are truly understanding the concepts being taught to them. I love the capability of having the students being able to draw various diagrams as well as answering formative questions throughout the various lessons.

What do you dislike?

Nearpod should offer more pre-made lessons to save time for busy teachers that do not have the time to build a 50 page slide presentation. Nearpod does offer a great deal of flexibility for the students to use in order to assess their knowledge and understanding but there needs to be a stronger library of information to be used by educators for the students.

I do not use this as a business solution.

Nearpod review by Brittany V.
Brittany V.

"Nearpod is awesome!"

What do you like best?

I like that Nearpod allows all of my students to interact with the lesson. I love how easy it is for me to collect data using drawings, quizzes and polls. It's also a great platform to insert links and embed videos for students to easily access. I can also monitor what my students are doing and I can choose if the lesson is self-paced or controlled by me.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about Nearpod! It's transformed the way I teach. One feature that would make Nearpod better is if it worked kind of like Smart Notebook and there was a drag and drop feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool for educators and instructional designers.

Nearpod can help with leading engaging trainings to employees.

Nearpod review by Lisa B.
Lisa B.

"The Nearpod FieldTrip feature engages every student and results in student excitement every time."

What do you like best?

I create Nearpods for most of the topics and a secondary Nearpod for remediation of that topic. I use it with small focused groups and full group instruction. When I initially learned about Nearpod, I like the idea of guided presentations; however, lecture style presentations with PowerPoint are not something I do often. The Q&A and drawing answer feature was nice, but I was already using other tools successfully for formative assessment. The game changer for my teaching is two premium features: student notes and the FieldTrip feature. Students are able to take notes side-by-side with the slides as they are presented. At the end of class they can either email themselves the PDF of both slide images and notes or they can save the PDF directly to GoogleDrive. It makes much more sense then notes isolated from the images. FieldTrip is the student favorite by far. FieldTrips are 360° panorama images that they can explore by rotating their device or zooming in with their fingers. Every single time we have done this you hear 'wows' and 'look at this!.' Students who rarely engage with the learning ask to take screenshots of things they find in the image. Nearpod has some FieldTrips already created, but you can also convert any of the thousand images on 360cities.net.

What do you dislike?

the students are frustrated when the wifi is spotty and/or the site will not load correctly. I have found the paid content is not worth it. I can create better resources myself. With that being said, it is very time intensive to create my own presentations. There are many engagement elements that take it beyond a boring presentation. I think investing the time is worth it, but if you don't spend the time ahead of time on creating a stellar product to share with the students, you might not find Nearpod as valuable as I do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Are you willing to invest the time to make quality, interactive presentations? If not, stick with something like PowerPoint or Keynote.

Nearpod allows me to capture everyone's attention. Often when presenting information you lose the attention of your audience. There are many Nearpod options that keep them engaged and focused on my information.

Nearpod review by Heather L.
Heather L.

"Awesome and engaging tool for both teachers and students!"

What do you like best?

Nearpod allows teachers to present the same content they typically would via Powerpoint or other presentation, but with additional interactive features (survey, drawing, poll, etc.). Teachers can import their existing powerpoint presentations and add the interactive features. Nearpod also allows teachers to see when students "leave" their presentation, alerting teachers of who is actually doing what they are supposed to be doing. Nearpod also collects responses so teachers can analyze data and provide feedback.

What do you dislike?

The "homework" feature is fabulous but is only available as a premium feature. Further, their Nearpod store is great, but some of the lessons and packages can be pricey. This is difficult for teachers, particularly when you don't know the quality or content of the lessons until after you've made the purchase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nearpod is definitely worth the premium edition. I would also recommend signing up for Nearpod emails to be alerted of any sales in their Nearpod store. Some of the content is worth the money.

As a 1:1 school, we were looking for ways to keep students engaged through technology without having to abandon any presentations that were created prior to the deployment of student devices. Nearpod is beneficial because students can not only use it while in class, but they can also access the Nearpod at home as a review tool.

Nearpod review by Dorinda H.
Dorinda H.

"Nearpod Common Sense "

What do you like best?

I like the interactive features of nearpod. It helps to keep my students engaged. The partnership with CommonSense has been really helpful and overall the introductory price for the lessons was extremely useful. I like the homework feature also.

What do you dislike?

I would like a little more variety in the activities that students experience or offer a way for them to comment on their peer comments when using the CommonSense lessons. The format for the lessons tends to be the same so if you are using all 5 in the unit, students know what to expect and can become bored after the third lesson.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nearpod really helps to step up current Power Point presentations you use by making them interactive. The already created near pods are a good tool if you can find something in your content that is usable. The common sense partnership has saved me a ton of time and also presents a unified message when I teach the content or the other 6th grade teacher that teaches 1/2 the student body as well.

Classroom boredom with regular Power Points! My regular PowerPoints were ok, but once I started using nearpod I like the flexibility and interaction that I could give my students.

Nearpod review by User in Higher Education

"Nearpod in the college classroom"

What do you like best?

I like the variety of styles that can be used to present information to the students. It allows for a much more interactive lesson than with just basic slides alone.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more advanced resources for college level courses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give yourself enough time in advance to be able to maximize the benefits of this app for the classroom. The demonstrations are valuable and will help in design.

We are trying to increase the active learning in our classrooms now that our campus has given every student an iPad Pro. Nearpod allows us to do that more effectively with in context quizzes, polls and videos.

Nearpod review by Amanda B.
Amanda B.

"Great presentation tool"

What do you like best?

Nearpod makes it very easy to present information and have everyone stay on track.

What do you dislike?

At this point, there is nothing I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to learn all of the features

I know that students are at the same point during a lesson because I control how quickly they advance. I also like the tools that students have available to show their thinking.

Nearpod review by Courtney N.
Courtney N.

"My experience with Nearpod"

What do you like best?

I love that the unit plans are easy to find and easy to implement in the classroom. I also love that they allow you to preview the product before buying.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to differentiate specific lessons for students who have modified TEKS.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is really great for English classes

We as a district, save time and money by using these fully designed units.

Nearpod review by Lauren S.
Lauren S.

"Near to me "

What do you like best?

I like that my students can have the lecture in front of them and I can control it from my device keeping them on task. I can mix up questions and information so it become interactive. I like that they upgraded the system to accept PDFs and PowerPoint files

What do you dislike?

It has a limited storage capacity unless you upgrade. I don’t plan to use it enough to pay for it. If I taught a lesson or two every h it with nearpod I’d upgrade.

Students off task or being unable to see the lecture notes.

User in Education Management

"Teacher's Technology Review "

What do you like best?

I love that I can assess each student, individually, multiple times, in multiple ways throughout a lesson. There are so many ways to check student understanding! You can also draw up multiple reports and use their information during a different session. I love the activity slides.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't dislike anything. I'd like to see more activity options to get students engaged.

We are able to better analyze student data from individuals in a variety of ways. We can, therefore, improve student learning.

User in Education Management

"Very useful but not the tool for every class"

What do you like best?

I like the teacher-controlled classes, I like the ability to share student responses anonymously

What do you dislike?

I would like some more of the features to be available without a paid account

It's a good tool for sharing information with students, but also giving them a time limit of when it is available so they are responsible to do the work before missing their chance. It's useful to get feedback in real time.

User in Education Management

"Nearpod great interactive presentation tool for teachers"

What do you like best?

The ability for teachers to control the presentation for students and the ability to get instant real-time feedback from students based on multiple types of questions.

What do you dislike?

Integration with LMS, for self paced lessons, such as Moodle or Google Classroom

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great features such as VR for virtual field trips.

Engagement in the classroom.

Nearpod review by Maria B.
Maria B.

"A great tool in Education"

What do you like best?

It really helps flip the class and puts the responsibility on the students

What do you dislike?

The reliability on a tablet device because a lot of teachers don’t have iPads or other tablet devices

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a little while to play with the features

Student engagement

Nearpod review by alise g.
alise g.

"Love this app!"

What do you like best?

Nearpod is a great classroom tool. The kids love being able to follow along in an interactive way. It is easy to use as a teacher and a student.

What do you dislike?

It's a little limiting in terms of design and ways to make slides more exciting

Keeps students entertained and engaged!

Nearpod review by Rebecca C.
Rebecca C.

"Nearpod is a great tool-- to make the classroom interactive and fun."

What do you like best?

I like that my students can participate and it is instant feedback.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that there are word length requirements for students responses because they are not able to write in their complete answer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Schools, classrooms, business presentations, conferences.

I have realize more if my students are understanding the lesson and content in live time.

"Near pod "

What do you like best?

Accessible on multiple devices at one time

Interactive

Multiple features

What do you dislike?

Technology issues such as videos not loading, not receiving all answers when submitted on a whole group quiz

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s a nice tool if you are looking to try something new or find different ways to present information however be prepared for some technical issues. Start small

Collaboration

Sharing information

Collecting information

User in Education Management

"Great tool for formative assessment "

What do you like best?

I love the formative assessment use of this tool! The draw it feature is amazing. I love that students can now take notes.

What do you dislike?

Many of the presentations in the library are mediocre. It is difficult of organize your own nearpod library.

This is a great tool to differentiate instruction. You can use this tool to support flexible grouping.

Nearpod review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Nearpod"

What do you like best?

Collaboration features

Multiple responses

Anonymous responses

Polling

What do you dislike?

Some technical issues (responses do not always show, steaming videos, connecting to content)

Collaboration

Sharing information and ideas

Gathering input

Learning about Nearpod?

* We monitor all Nearpod reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.