NetBase

NetBase delivers the social intelligence that global brands and agencies use to publish, monitor, analyze and engage with customers in real time.

Work for NetBase?
Digimind quality of support 2x.png

Learning about NetBase?

NetBase Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 149 NetBase reviews
NetBase review by <span>Inhwa O.</span>
Inhwa O.

Netbase is the best-in-class social listening tool I've used

What do you like best?

They provide so many different ways in which you can analyze the data. As long as you have in-depth training of what the tool provides the power to uncover rich insights is at your fingertips. I like the unlimited number of topics and themes and how you can get creative with them. Love how you can create an authors-based theme to gain deeper insights into their behaviors outside of your brand space.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything in particular that I dislike but one thing I wish that social listening tools can do is categorizing completely unstructured data into similar content and topics (like Quid). Most social listening tools are a query-based set up, so if you miss a keyword there's potential you might miss something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend.

Audience focused behaviors, their passion points, and interests are key things we try to gain deeper understanding in. Once you have certain topics/themes you like to analyze this helps us to understand the different nuances and to be able to quantify them.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NetBase
NetBase review by <span>Diana M.</span>
Diana M.

Netbase is a Great Tool for Social Listening

What do you like best?

I do like the social listening aspect of Netbase. It's easy to see the positive and negative sentiment and other areas a brand needs to work on. From an agency standpoint, I find it extremely helpful to research the short comings a brand has with their online presence for pitches.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how complicated Netbase is. It's not as self-explanatory that I'd like it to be. You do have to watch some tutorial videos to understand the different areas of Netbase and what functionalities they have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NetBase is a great tool for social listening. I would highly recommend NetBase solely on the support that is given from them to learn each and every update they have.

This really benefits when our agency is pitching social ideas for new clients. It helps us understand the shortcomings a brand may have in their online presence as well as helps us take a look at some historical data

What Social Media Suites solution do you use?

NetBase review by <span>Alicia R.</span>
Alicia R.

Visually Stimulating and Informative Social Analysis Platform

What do you like best?

There are several nifty qualities in visualizing the data that I enjoy using. The charts displaying time/week engagement are concise and easy to read. The word bubbles always engage our clients as well as top postings. I also appreciate the dashboards as they are an easy and quick way to present data to a coworker or manager.

What do you dislike?

Most of the social pull is based on Twitter feed rather than Facebook or other social feeds. It would be great to see if private Facebook data could be aggregated into specific behavioral or demo targets. In this manner, overhead insights could be pulled more accurately without jeopardizing privacy rights.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you have access to the their support team - DO USE THEM! They are a great resource and have taught me several different features that clean the data and give you better results. Especially with job postings and coupons that come up during social research. They also have preset filters that are specially tied to genres that can be useful if your client is specific to an industry and its influence.

Social Analysis have helped with new business pitches and presenting new audience dynamics to the clients. esp. during times when publicity has not gone well.

NetBase review by <span>Paul G.</span>
Paul G.

I use netbase as a social strategist at OMD

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the platform. Everything is very clean and easy to use for quick listening needs. I love that when I need something quickly I can enter in the query and the information populates quickly with no lag time. Sometimes with other platforms there is a huge delay and if I need something fast It becomes a waiting game.

The visuals within the dashboard are great. Charts are very useful and showcase data in a clear and concise manner without any confusion. these charts are also very useful when comparing brands against each other. I really enjoy the platform as a whole.

What do you dislike?

As a double edge sword, what i dislike is also the simplicity. I find it difficult to search more granular needs. the terms become difficult to define and categorize properly.

Netbase is really great but soemtimes if i need a very specific ask, it becomes difficult due to finding the proper queries. I am fairly versed in boolean but, the free form query in this platform is slightly different than what I have dealt with in other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For social listening, netbase is very useful tool that's quick and easy to use.

We use this to help with our social listening and competitive requests. Netbase is fast and can help us on the fly without any lag time in population.

NetBase review by <span>Justin J.</span>
Justin J.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Great If You Know What You're Doing

What do you like best?

I like that you can get a holistic view of a conversation online. Typically to uncover valuable insights you will have to run multiple keyword sets, removing things that are skewing the conversation, but the final product can be quite insightful if you know how to use it.

What do you dislike?

You can't get a full picture without supplementing it with other tools. This is primarily because it doesn't automatically pull in all of the Facebook, LinkedIn, or content from all sources at once.

I also don't like that often times the most used terms, hashtags, and things are obvious. I'm pulling a report on Healthcare analytics & Healthcare data and the majority of the top terms, hashtags, and things are healthcare, #health, etc.

Also it seems like sentiment is a worthwhile metric, like demographics, but in my experience they typically make up such a small percentage of the total mentions or posts that it isn't valuable. Showing an end client the sentiment and then following it up with only 5% of all posts had sentiment period kind of kills that section completely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

play around a bit before presenting anything to a client because otherwise you may present some data and realize the next time to play around with it that half of the conversation is missing in your initial read out because of a few missing include terms or something.

We're trying to find hot topics of conversation to create content for, join existing conversations, and draw insights and recommendations from the data as a whole.

NetBase review by <span>Kristin J.</span>
Kristin J.
Invitation from G2 Crowd on behalf of the vendor

Accurate sentiment reporting - the stuff of dreams

What do you like best?

There is no other platform that even comes close to being able to analyze sentiment and sentiment drivers than NetBase. My account manager and social analyst team is incredibly helpful, available, and knowledgable.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I am overwhelmed by the incredible number of options for analysis and the dashboard feature is really confusing to set up (but powerful when you figure it out).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price tag can be shocking, but both you and your clients will benefit greatly from the tool. As long as you plan to utilize it regularly, the investment cost will be recovered quickly.

I use NetBase to understand conversation trends as well as identify influential content and users. We also study the behavioral patterns of consumers and their reactions to events, campaigns, etc. Almost any research question can at least be explored in NetBase to get a better idea of where to spend more time going deeper with primary research or additional sources.

Learning about NetBase?

* We monitor all NetBase reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.