NetBase

4.0

NetBase delivers the social intelligence that global brands and agencies use to publish, monitor, analyze and engage with customers in real time.

Work for NetBase?

Learning about NetBase?

NetBase Reviews

Ask NetBase a Question
Showing 151 NetBase reviews
NetBase review by Inhwa O.
Inhwa O.

"Netbase is the best-in-class social listening tool I've used "

What do you like best?

They provide so many different ways in which you can analyze the data. As long as you have in-depth training of what the tool provides the power to uncover rich insights is at your fingertips. I like the unlimited number of topics and themes and how you can get creative with them. Love how you can create an authors-based theme to gain deeper insights into their behaviors outside of your brand space.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything in particular that I dislike but one thing I wish that social listening tools can do is categorizing completely unstructured data into similar content and topics (like Quid). Most social listening tools are a query-based set up, so if you miss a keyword there's potential you might miss something.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend.

Audience focused behaviors, their passion points, and interests are key things we try to gain deeper understanding in. Once you have certain topics/themes you like to analyze this helps us to understand the different nuances and to be able to quantify them.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NetBase
NetBase review by Diana M.
Diana M.

"Netbase is a Great Tool for Social Listening"

What do you like best?

I do like the social listening aspect of Netbase. It's easy to see the positive and negative sentiment and other areas a brand needs to work on. From an agency standpoint, I find it extremely helpful to research the short comings a brand has with their online presence for pitches.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how complicated Netbase is. It's not as self-explanatory that I'd like it to be. You do have to watch some tutorial videos to understand the different areas of Netbase and what functionalities they have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NetBase is a great tool for social listening. I would highly recommend NetBase solely on the support that is given from them to learn each and every update they have.

This really benefits when our agency is pitching social ideas for new clients. It helps us understand the shortcomings a brand may have in their online presence as well as helps us take a look at some historical data

What Social Media Suites solution do you use?

NetBase review by Alicia R.
Alicia R.

"Visually Stimulating and Informative Social Analysis Platform "

What do you like best?

There are several nifty qualities in visualizing the data that I enjoy using. The charts displaying time/week engagement are concise and easy to read. The word bubbles always engage our clients as well as top postings. I also appreciate the dashboards as they are an easy and quick way to present data to a coworker or manager.

What do you dislike?

Most of the social pull is based on Twitter feed rather than Facebook or other social feeds. It would be great to see if private Facebook data could be aggregated into specific behavioral or demo targets. In this manner, overhead insights could be pulled more accurately without jeopardizing privacy rights.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you have access to the their support team - DO USE THEM! They are a great resource and have taught me several different features that clean the data and give you better results. Especially with job postings and coupons that come up during social research. They also have preset filters that are specially tied to genres that can be useful if your client is specific to an industry and its influence.

Social Analysis have helped with new business pitches and presenting new audience dynamics to the clients. esp. during times when publicity has not gone well.

NetBase review by Paul G.
Paul G.

"I use netbase as a social strategist at OMD"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the platform. Everything is very clean and easy to use for quick listening needs. I love that when I need something quickly I can enter in the query and the information populates quickly with no lag time. Sometimes with other platforms there is a huge delay and if I need something fast It becomes a waiting game.

The visuals within the dashboard are great. Charts are very useful and showcase data in a clear and concise manner without any confusion. these charts are also very useful when comparing brands against each other. I really enjoy the platform as a whole.

What do you dislike?

As a double edge sword, what i dislike is also the simplicity. I find it difficult to search more granular needs. the terms become difficult to define and categorize properly.

Netbase is really great but soemtimes if i need a very specific ask, it becomes difficult due to finding the proper queries. I am fairly versed in boolean but, the free form query in this platform is slightly different than what I have dealt with in other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For social listening, netbase is very useful tool that's quick and easy to use.

We use this to help with our social listening and competitive requests. Netbase is fast and can help us on the fly without any lag time in population.

NetBase review by Justin J.
Justin J.

"Great If You Know What You're Doing "

What do you like best?

I like that you can get a holistic view of a conversation online. Typically to uncover valuable insights you will have to run multiple keyword sets, removing things that are skewing the conversation, but the final product can be quite insightful if you know how to use it.

What do you dislike?

You can't get a full picture without supplementing it with other tools. This is primarily because it doesn't automatically pull in all of the Facebook, LinkedIn, or content from all sources at once.

I also don't like that often times the most used terms, hashtags, and things are obvious. I'm pulling a report on Healthcare analytics & Healthcare data and the majority of the top terms, hashtags, and things are healthcare, #health, etc.

Also it seems like sentiment is a worthwhile metric, like demographics, but in my experience they typically make up such a small percentage of the total mentions or posts that it isn't valuable. Showing an end client the sentiment and then following it up with only 5% of all posts had sentiment period kind of kills that section completely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

play around a bit before presenting anything to a client because otherwise you may present some data and realize the next time to play around with it that half of the conversation is missing in your initial read out because of a few missing include terms or something.

We're trying to find hot topics of conversation to create content for, join existing conversations, and draw insights and recommendations from the data as a whole.

NetBase review by Kristin J.
Kristin J.

"Accurate sentiment reporting - the stuff of dreams"

What do you like best?

There is no other platform that even comes close to being able to analyze sentiment and sentiment drivers than NetBase. My account manager and social analyst team is incredibly helpful, available, and knowledgable.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally I am overwhelmed by the incredible number of options for analysis and the dashboard feature is really confusing to set up (but powerful when you figure it out).

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price tag can be shocking, but both you and your clients will benefit greatly from the tool. As long as you plan to utilize it regularly, the investment cost will be recovered quickly.

I use NetBase to understand conversation trends as well as identify influential content and users. We also study the behavioral patterns of consumers and their reactions to events, campaigns, etc. Almost any research question can at least be explored in NetBase to get a better idea of where to spend more time going deeper with primary research or additional sources.

NetBase review by Hushidar K.
Hushidar K.

"Good all round tool, firehose access ensures data sufficiency, audience demographics are useful"

What do you like best?

Netbase is the primary tool used for social listening in our organization. We appreciate the reliability this tool delivers in terms of mentions and author counts. The text analytics- especially the different word clouds for brands, personalities etc are useful as well. We also appreciate the fact that Netbase is constantly evolving to include more data and features. Their customer support is responsive and helpful. We also use their Pulse dashboards, which are a quick and easy way to read real time data about major events.

What do you dislike?

The key downside of netbase is the difficulty faced in drilling down to local geographies outside the US (and posssibly Europe). While country is easy enough, state and city are a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Netbase is a strong all round social listening tool. It allows a large degree of qualitative and quantitative analysis, as well as allowing you to track conversations on owned media (FB pages). They've recently added Facebook topic data as well, although our organization is yet to use this service.

WE use the tool to glean insights on our content, marketing, distribution and broadcast technology.

NetBase review by Brooke F.
Brooke F.

"Social intelligence at your fingertips"

What do you like best?

I love the emotional intelligence built into the platform. This tool provides a level of insight that we otherwise wouldn't be able to receive. It also saves my team hours of manually analyzing comments from a wide variety of sources online.

The word clouds are so useful to incorporate in presentations. The stream lets us dig in to each individual comment so we can reach out to those that have used negative sentiment to turn them into a brand advocate.

What do you dislike?

No major complaints. I would like to see Pinterest integrated into the platform in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The NetBase team offers tools training and support when needed. We've had a great experience with the enterprise level account at L'Oreal USA. If you want insights, this is the place to get them! There are so many features and functions of the tool, my team is just scratching the surface. Take the time to learn all the tool has to offer.

So much to love! We use the tool to review word clouds, keywords that drive sentiment, to understand what posts are most popular and to even see the top authors contributing to our content.

The sentiment drivers are very useful to help us understand where we are successful, but more importantly, where we can improve. It also helps us operationally to identify issues before they're reported through customer service channels.

NetBase review by Andrew R.
Andrew R.

"NetBase Review from a Health Insurance Company"

What do you like best?

NetBase has a nice interface, and you can zero in on the information you need. Given the complexity of our business, we have to drill down to very specific audiences, and NetBase is a tool that's flexible enough to let us get there.

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit of a challenge to filter out some of the noise, especially when I'm searching for business-to-business results. Getting social data only from B2B audiences isn't an easy ask, though, and I think that future releases of the product will help.

I use social listening to get us information about how the employer (B2B) audience feels about our brand, and also about topics that are related to the health benefits industry. The benefits we've seen center around getting us valuable intel on industry trends and moods, and also information about what we can do better to educate and help our customers.

NetBase review by Dana M.
Dana M.

"NetBase is a very powerful platform"

What do you like best?

NetBase is well suited for research, new business, and diving into broad topics and finding subtrends.It also does a great job of getting to a deeper level of sentiment and behaviors/attitudes that some other platforms through NLP and the use of themes (with more accuracy). The highly flexible platform ensures that you can cut and filter your data in just about any way imaginable, and it's done very quickly. For research projects where historical data is important, NetBase can go back 2 years without additional fees (competitors often charge a fee for more than 30 days historical).

Specific Pros:

Their NLP is very strong with the ability to distinguish subject in sentences and then apply analysis based on either the subject or sentence. Competitors lack strong NLP and often have lower degrees of accuracy.

The platform is highly flexible with dozens of ways to filter and cut the data. It is great for an analyst that really wants to deep dive into the data. However, the analysis done automatically by NetBase is also strong enough that less experienced users would still be able to gain insight with ease.

The customizable dashboards are perfect for client reporting and drastically reduce the amount of time spent preparing recurring reports and decks. These are also very flexible depending on reporting needs.

What do you dislike?

Cons:

I have a lot of experience with writing boolean queries in social listening platforms, and NetBase's option for boolean is not as user friendly. Getting familiar with the platform's more basic query structure when not using boolean also requires a slight learning curve (if you are used to boolean).

Even for all of it's strengths, it gets pretty pricey for only a handful of users. For an agency that requires multiple seats, this can add up very quickly.

If having 100% of data is necessary (e.g. for tracking a Twitter hashtag campaign or sweepstakes), you must enable the firehose. Otherwise the decahose is used and then the sample is projected to estimated universe count. Not a problem for some situations, but definitely a problem for others.

NetBase is being used by our insights and measurement team, which supports business units through the entire agency. The platforms addresses our needs for planning and research (for RFPs, ideation, hypothesis validation, etc.) as well as for some measurement practices like campaign tracking and ongoing social listening for social accounts. We address business questions like: what are people saying? why are they saying it? what is driving their behaviors? who are they? what are they interested in? how do they feel about the topic? where are they in the purchase lifecycle? and more.

NetBase review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Marketing and Advertising
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Marketing and Advertising

"The best so far"

What do you like best?

I liked that Netbase acted like a search platform for an analyst and what I mean by this is, It was so easy to use. Setting up a topic to search for was like plug and play where the tool searched social platforms historical data up to 24 months and segmented the data for you into easy to read infographic breakdowns. Scoring the conversation based on weighted conversation and associated terms used in the sentence. So what it would do is identify users behaviours and attributes to the topic/category you set and did so much more...

What do you dislike?

Obviously Facebooks change in algorithm is a step back for social listening tools where we can only track the public feeds/posts... It would have been nice for netbase to automatically pull the public post data. Instead, you have to plug in a "Facebook profile" where it reads related data to that page and still leaves little room for Facebook data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the online assistant it really helps!

Currently, I look at conversations with clients, brands, and try to identify trends and weighted conversations to leverage and further learn what interests spark and possible issues that may live in a social space.

NetBase review by Maritza M.
Maritza M.

"Great Solution for Social Listening & Insights gathering! "

What do you like best?

I've used many social listening tools, but NetBase has been by far one of the most intuitive and best solutions. We are able to quickly build queries in Boolean or assisted format and quickly dive into conversation insights. The customer service is AMAZING!

What do you dislike?

This tool is best suited to find audience and conversation insights, but it needs a little more work on the measurement and analytics piece. Nonetheless, I have truly enjoyed using this tool!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is worth the cost if you'll be using to derive insights for social strategies, audience profiling, content calendars, and new business pitches.

Understanding who is talking about our products and services and being able to map that audience and their conversations online. This tool quickly allows you to derive insights and dig deeper when there's an interesting nugget of information.

NetBase review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A great way to learn more about social chatter"

What do you like best?

There is not one specific thing that I like best about Netbase, I'm a researcher and Netbase is my favourite tool to use to do this research. I try and use it for my clients wherever possible as it is just so insightful and you can tell clients things they genuinely wouldn't know otherwise.

What do you dislike?

There are some functional issues- although none I can think of off the top of my head. It's things like when I'm using it I wish it could combine two functions for example but I'm sure this will come, it has already been made loads better. Netbase are constantly reviewing and updating features and creating new ones. Every month we receive updates including all the new features/charts etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of their HUGE selling points is A3D i would say if you can afford it, go for it! I would love our business to have this and I am constantly trying for it as it adds a massive layer in terms of actionable audience insights

We are currently using it for tracking buzz around a new product launch, we have also done wider trend pieces and market overviews for brands and for categories. The question we get asked the most is- what is my share of voice online and we quite often use it for this.

NetBase review by Ted T.
Ted T.

"Great Product and Phenomenal Support"

What do you like best?

Over the past decade, I’ve had the pleasure to experience the evolution of the social intelligence field.

NetBase has proven to be more than just a social intelligence tool. It has by far some of the best features in the market, inclusive of cross-tabs, geography to the city and metro level, the Brand Passion Index, and automated alerts that are life savers.

Product support is another HUGE bonus with NetBase. From our account manager to our dedicated analyst, the team absolutely rocks! Onboarding was smooth, efficient, and thorough. They took the time to ensure that everyone on our team understood the product and functionality. Additionally, the NetBase product development team constantly releases new features in a timely manner. From the top of the organization down, this is a great group of people.

Netbase sifts through the noise of unstructured social data and turns it into useful business intelligence that allows us to assist clients in making informed business decision.

What do you dislike?

The platform is very sound and the only thing that I would add is historical data that is over 27 months. Granted most platforms do not include historical data at all, so the 27 months of data that the platform has access to is already a bonus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend NetBase to any agency that is looking to improve their social insights. Great product!

Since our implementation, we’ve had a huge client crisis that we were able to provide mission critical intelligence. By using a mix of NetBase’s features, we were able to qualitatively and quantitatively analyze the conversation surrounding the crisis. This was extremely critical as we were able to sift through the noise and identify key issues that needed to be addressed.

"Netbase Review"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Netbase is the charts that the platform generates. It's good to use those chards and word clouds in decks for internal and external use.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to figure out the right way to search for something. I've had to play around a lot to figure out of I should use just "primary" terms or if I should use both primary and secondary terms when trying to figure out results.

On Red Lobster, we were trying to see the conversation around the new loyalty rewards app that was about to launch. The client wanted to see if people were talking, and if they were, what were they saying. We used the word clouds and charts to help show the conversation to our clients.

NetBase review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Tool With a Learning Curve "

What do you like best?

I enjoy that I am able to analyze different companies using tools offered by Netbase. I frequently create new topics and then analyze on a yearly, monthly, and quarterly basis. It is also easy to look at sources and popular sentiment and I use this frequently.

What do you dislike?

I would like in demographics to be able to easily specify that I only want to gain information from a certain country or even just from a specific state. This would better help me reach my target audiences in different parts of the country/world.

I would also like it to be easier to use the (twitter) firehose attachment and for longer periods of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great product for company and topic analysis.

I have realized that Netbase is great for quick stats on topics that would have taken me hours of analyzing forums online to get the same results. I would rather create a topic, plug in a primary term, maybe some secondary terms, and just click analyze to get great results and incites into a topic.

NetBase review by Holly L.
Holly L.

"Can’t live without it "

What do you like best?

It is so easy to set up a dashboard to listen in on any social conversation you’re looking for.

What do you dislike?

It takes a long time to learn what all you can do. The basics make sense pretty fast, but I wish it were easier to learn new tricks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the online video training before you start! You will be lost without it.

This allows us to go in to any new business pitch or new project with some foundational knowledge. It helps guide our larger initiatives and creativity.

NetBase review by Fabian C.
Fabian C.

"Great tool for conversation tracking "

What do you like best?

The tool is great for tracking conversation volume. I especially like that the conversations can be extracted for evaluation. One particular capability I enjoy is viewing which posts are gaining the most traction surrounding a topic of choice, which can then be used to show examples of user-generated content. In addition, differentiating between owned and earned content is great.

What do you dislike?

One drawback, is that whenever I would apply a language filter, at times the results come off a bit wonky (e.g. receive zero conversations). Not sure if that's a glitch. A simple fix is me just building a topic with your desired language (e.g. one in Spanish and one in English).

Social listening

NetBase review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent Social Listening tool "

What do you like best?

Netbase can solve a variety of business problems and questions, from campaign performance overviews to investigating the competitive landscape. The interface is relatively user friendly and they are constantly releasing new and improved features/functionality in conjunction with social platform changes.

What do you dislike?

Although the frequent changes to features is helpful, it can also be challenging to become an "expert" with this tool. This is mostly due to the nature of social media constantly evolving, but I think regular training sessions are essential in order to stay up to date with the tool and to leverage it to its full capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to allow enough training time to take advantage of all capabilities of this tool

We use Netbase for a variety of business needs, but most noteably, for New Business or campaign development research. We have used netbase to help identify the competitive landscape for clients/ potential clients, and help identify overall sentiment and opportunities in the market. I also frequently use Netbase's dashboarding capabilities to quickly compile useful data and widgets to answer specific business questions and share with the wider agency/clients.

NetBase review by Agency in Public Relations and Communications
Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"The most flexible social listening tool I've used"

What do you like best?

I found the "sound-byte" function to be incredibly valuable. Other social listening and media monitoring tools that I've used do not possess the same functionality, which has forced me to constantly refresh or reframe the parameters of my search query. Conversely, Netbase makes it easy to hone in on very granular data points and give my clients the service they deserve.

What do you dislike?

My only real issue with Netbase is its reliance on decahose data to populate it's various dashboards and widgets. Clients often had an appetite for the firehose, but the data was sometimes cost prohibitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it, but make sure to invest time in learning to tool's various nuances. That will ultimately make you a better user. If you don't have time to learn how to be good at Netbase, it may be worth considering other options.

An incredibly wide variety. We used Netbase for brand monitoring, but also some defensive and reactive analysis of events that were not explicitly related to the brand but impacted their business or policy interests. The platform's flexibility ultimately allowed us to succeed across all of those ventures.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Director of Social Strategy"

What do you like best?

Netbase is great for strong customer insights. We have been able to dig deeper into our overall category to gain an understanding of consumer behavior. In addition we are strongly using the tool to evaluate our share of voice in association to our competitors.

What do you dislike?

The additional charges for features. We were excited about the 3D Audience Insights only to realize that we are going to have to pay additional costs. Also we were not fully aware of the service hours and how those were to be utilized throughout the year so now we are left with half a day of service hours and have 8 months remaining on contract.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure if you need any additional features or have conversations related to the additional features that you know there are additional costs involved up front. Getting excited about 3d Audience Insights and then realizing we can't cover those costs we only budgeted for the initial platform costs is a downer.

Learning strong flavor insights to specific overall category products. Diving stronger into demographic data with specific regions.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Strong Social Listening Platform"

What do you like best?

The ability to use existing industry themes as well as create your own to drive comparisons is incredibly useful. What sets the tool apart is the ability to create your own dashboards with the views you find most relevant to your listening objective. Unlike other tools, Netbase's LivePulse allows you to have the insight you want with the immediacy you need for real-time activations.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have the ability to click into certain peaks and lows to see what the conversations are without having to edit filters to that specific day. As there are mention thresholds associated with accounts it's typical to use a sample of the conversation (Decahose) but sometimes that 10% view is not enough of a sample to find those gems that you can respond to or to get the full picture of the conversation. It would be great if there was a step between Firehose and Decahose sample.

Beyond volume and sentiment, NetBase helps us find the way in which social users talk about certain topics, themes and brands. This allows us to craft content in an authentic and relevant way.

NetBase review by Stuart M.
Stuart M.

"Social Media Analyst"

What do you like best?

In my opinion Netbase is the best social analytics tool in the market. It's the best in accuracy as well as depth of information and can provide me with any answer I need.

What do you dislike?

It can do pretty much anything, which creates challenges training new staff or getting started on the tool. Though Netbase commit a lot into their onboarding process which helps with this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Will require significant amounts of hours to get the full value out of Netbase, though it's a worthy investment of time.

Currently using Netbase to do a better job of gaining actionable insights from the thousands of customer queries we get on Social Media.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for Social Listening"

What do you like best?

Format of the tool is very well laid out and makes it easy to use. Love the many different word cloud options they provide. The crosstab feature is very useful for doing successful competitor analysis when paired with created themes. Being able to create dashboards allows for quick and easy client ready reports

What do you dislike?

I wish I had more flexibility with the time, that it was easier to drill down and look at posts only occurring on Mondays and excluding anything from Tuesday-Sunday

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great company. The reps I work with have spent hours with me, showing me how I can improve reporting and also listening to things I would like to see in the platform. Some things I have suggested have already been implemented!

Able to see current trends in the industry for my brands. Also able to see how people talk about the brand

NetBase review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great social listening tool for those with experience and budget"

What do you like best?

- Dashboard setups and topics/themes are very easy and out of the box

- Ability to pull real insights based on a clear objective/goal.

- Navigation and user interface is easy / intuitive.

What do you dislike?

- Some of the visualizations are colorful and visually pleasing but useless in telling story or providing real insights.

- Dashboards are limited in click through and editing (have to go to Analyze section to update).

- Onboarding / training requires "service hours" which was not clearly communicated to us.

- Set up can be a bit intensive in figuring out proper themes and topics that will work for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore your needs and make sure you understand the amount of time it will take to setup, learn, and do everything that is required in starting to execute on this tool.

- Social listening and consumer insights for clients.

NetBase review by Marcus H.
Marcus H.

"NetBase has broadened my horizon of possibility as a social media director and analyst."

What do you like best?

NetBasess reporting capabilities are awesome. The reports are comprehensive, robust, and customizable. I I also like how easily exportable and sharable the reports are.

The hashtag tracking capabilities are awesome as well. Tracking the conversation is very easy and awesome. NetBase also allows you to customize date ranges and add re;event topics to your social topic your tracking. This has proven to be very helpful.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the in ability to schedule posts outside of the given 5-minute increments. I also dislike the inability to tag unique Twitter handles to photos published from the engagement platform. In addition to these things, I am not fully satisfied with the missing demographics deep-dive ability. I wish I were able to put together comprehensive reports about my audience and segment my company's following by demographic and psychographic information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NetBase is definitely a good tool. If you're looking for something that will help you segment your audience this may not be the tool for you. However, NetBase does offer influencer identification capabilities that are very helpful.

Should you decide to go with NetBase work with your analyst/support to really understand how to customize your reports. Setting up weekly and daily reports have proven to be the most value for my using the platform,.

I am solving my company's problem of measuring effectiveness. Benefits include tracking social ROI on out-of-home activations with social tie-ins. Also being able able to measure which kinds of messages resonate with our audiences the most has helped.

NetBase review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Netbase has become the linchpin for new business and strategy."

What do you like best?

There is a lot to like: visualizations, deep natural language sentiment analysis, brand passion index chart, conversation volume and sentiment, hashtags, etc.

What do you dislike?

We create presentations for clients constantly so developing visualizations is key. Netbase offers Excel downloads of data as well as PNGs. The PNGs are a big help but their size is very small. Tag clouds can become impossible to read in a presentation format.

Currently, there's no way to do a competitive analysis. You have to build and pull multiple reports then create new charts and visualizations to combine data.

The only demographic information is gender and geography. I understand that other info such as age are difficult if not impossible to get from tumblr, Twitter, etc. It's just unfortunate that more isn't available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of training and training review to make sure you're using the platform correctly. Also make sure you have analysis set to the proper timeline, it drops down to one month even if the analysis was built for over a year.

Initially Netbase was purchased to use as a way to find influencers for outreach efforts. We've found that it gives us deep enough insights to impact our strategy for clients for marketing, media, social media and creative. We've also found that this same information is very beneficial during the course of new business efforts.

NetBase review by Sachie F.
Sachie F.

"NetBase for Indonesian market "

What do you like best?

NetBase has many functions to refine the research.

I found other program keywords search too broad, and does not have functions like NetBase.

It also got great organised interface and create Dashboard.

What do you dislike?

If I need to analyse data in English, I don't face any problems. But I face a lot of problems when I am monitoring in Bahasa Indonesia.

- Although I carefully decide which one I should put in as primary terms, includes terms, exclude terms, etc, most of the time, I still cannot get the results I want. I get many soundbites that are not related to my search.

- NetBase is no longer able to monitor Facebook anymore

- I cannot manually change the sentiment of the posts. I don't think NetBase does not work very well in Indonesian language.

Recommendations to others considering the product

...

It may not be the best for Indonesian market because NetBase doesn't really understand Bahasa Indonesia.

I usually use NetBase for my client's brand, and check how people are reacting to their campaigns.

And I can see what people like about the campaign and what people don't like about the campaign through NetBase.

NetBase review by Becky R.
Becky R.

"A valuable asset to our company"

What do you like best?

The customer service and support offered is hands-down the best among any platform I have ever had experience with. As the only social media analyst at our corporate office, this is HUGE, because I know I can turn to our Account Manager at any time to seek their recommendations, ask questions, or run a simple monitor by them to ensure I have everything set up properly. They respond almost immediately each and every time. Other reasons we love NetBase--they have come a long way in making the platform MUCH more user-friendly than ever. Speed. Customizable widgets and dashboards. Continuous improvement and follow through of what they promise.

What do you dislike?

Most of the time, sentiment analysis does not appear to be accurate. Still confusing to me in terms of Dashboard, Topic, Analyze tab I still find to be somewhat confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to your account rep/manager and keep an engaging conversation going with them. They are very willing to assist and go out of their way to ensure you are getting what you need out of the platform.

We primarily use NetBase for business development in terms of the RFP process and acquiring new business contracts. The insights and data that NetBase provides is typically provided to the Business Development teams throughout the company for use in the actual RFP response.

Benefits: NetBase provides us with actionable insights that we can escalate up to key stakeholders throughout the company. These insights consist of data that they typically wouldn't come across on any given day.

NetBase review by Isabelle B.
Isabelle B.

"I'm mainly a new user, but I liked what I've experience with this product so far. "

What do you like best?

The fact that we can create reports, and compare Topics between each others.

What do you dislike?

That we can't compare a same Topic in different timeframe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

On our end, we often compare a same Topic, but in a different time frame. It could be really useful to give us the opportunity, for example, to use the Topic Comparison option, but with a different time frame.

We don't really solve problems, we do our monitoring to see them coming and be ready when they strike. We are proactive and this helps a lot in our relationships with our clients.

NetBase review by Todd V.
Todd V.

"Great tool, interface could use an upgrade"

What do you like best?

I'm amazed at the depth of information Netbase is able to pull on any given topic. I've used many similar systems and always have questions whether I'm getting all relevant mentions. Netbase seems to do a better job of scraping all available sources than other systems.

What do you dislike?

While the tools are all there, I often find the layout clunky. A few times I'll run a query with a filter on and get unexpected results, only to find there are filters on elsewhere in the system affecting my results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's best to have someone devoted to learning the system full-time, it's difficult to "dabble" in the system.

Initially the system was used for new business, and it's amazing to get so much data on a potential client's issue before even singing a contract. We've now integrated it into many engagements, and the client's love it.

NetBase review by Laura Murray D.
Laura Murray D.

"Great agency listening tool"

What do you like best?

Access and overishgt into trends, but also easy to drill down to a granular level. For high volume clients, this is a great tool to gain insight into overall conversation.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I find it hard to pinpoint what has caused a spike in conversation -- I can't find a similarity (klout, level of engagement) that causes a spike. For example - a random Tumblr that mentioned one keyword shows as a huge spike. Sometimes it is difficult to weight importance and priority because of this.

Wish it had Facebook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say Netbase is the best listening tool I've used over all. It is very comprehensive, but remains intuitive and easy to use.

Overall listening for clients, new business inquiries, identifying opportunities and threats. Listening reports presented to the client.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Helpful tool for our Agency Arsenal"

What do you like best?

The support team at Netbase goes above and beyond. Our monthly meetings and additional calls are invaluable. Nani is the best!

What do you dislike?

Data sources. Twitter cannibalization is the biggest pain point as we feel that typically insights gleaned from Twitter are least useful as brand trends are rarely influenced by organic behavior and nearly always driven by promoted trends/tweets. The ability to extract organic vs paid would be beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to current user - not just sales team to understand if it is best option for needs.

Our goal is to evaluate organic conversation for our brands and competitors. Our process is to find conversation trends; evaluate areas for amplification and predisposed audiences. Often Netbase helps to prove/disprove hypothesis but isn't ideal for finding the 'nuggets' if you will.

NetBase review by Anastasia L.
Anastasia L.

"Love them "

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Very intuitive. We learn a lot about consumer conversations and the gap in a market place our client can fill.

What do you dislike?

It heavily weighs twitter over IG when we know that IG use is growing and twitter is declining. They also don't monitor Pinterest

Recommendations to others considering the product

No platform is perfect but the customer service with NetBase is off the charts amazinf

We jump into all projects with greater insights on what people already think of our brands and what they talk about in the space

NetBase review by Quin B.
Quin B.

"Great tool and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up queries in Netbase

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the include/exclude terms can mess up the overall query I am trying to build

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go for it if you're looking for a tool that is straightforward and versatile. Building queries is not as complicated as one might think; don't overthink them - sometimes less is more.

We have used Netbase for very intense content audits as well as lighthearted cultural social listening. It's a versatile tool that has benefited all of our planning teams here.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Netbase for New Business"

What do you like best?

I love how you can either get a good overall story from a topic of choice, but you can also delve deep into a topic, revealing the hidden nuggets you would not be able to discover otherwise. Also, it is a great tool to help you with confirming a social hypothesis. You can monitor other brand's social presences, and see if techniques work, why, and how you can do it for your own brands.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it can get confusing with all of the different aspects of Netbase offered. There are so many levels you can use each tool on, that I doubt I will ever be able to learn what each aspect can be used for.

We use Netbase for New Business pitches and to support our ideas to our current clients to convince them that they should trust us on the hypothesis we create.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Netbase: easy and effective"

What do you like best?

I like that Netbase is based around Natural Language Processing which is almost critical when you are trying to analyse large pieces of text. Secondly, the dashboard is easy to use and is great way to talk about a client or planning team through the detail. Finally, Netbase is continually developing in terms of the offering that they have from the sites that are analysed to being able to understand images.

What do you dislike?

The only downsides to Netbase come in that you are limited with the number of logins so it is hard to share out the product and encourage usage across the spectrum.

It is great when we are trying to understand a category in a very short space of time as well as understanding the effectiveness of a media campaign so it works across very broad areas to a very niche areas.

NetBase review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"The Data Analysts' Dream Tool"

What do you like best?

NetBase has time and time again been able to provide us with the most up-to-date, accurate information needed to tie our communication efforts back to business goals. The possibilities of the tool never cease to amaze me. We are currently using about 20% of the tool's capabilities and absolutely love it. As the need and want for measurement/analytics grows within our corporation and organization, without a doubt in my mind we'll be exploring the other capabilities so we can use the tool to it's full potential.

What do you dislike?

The tool itself is very robust and requires a lot of training to fully understand the complexities. We hadn't realized this early on when thinking of necessary resources needed internally to evangelize the tool. Our culture is one that also requires a lot of agency hand holding and silver platter presentation. That being said, our lack of human resources (analysts) make using the tool a little difficult especially when others are using tools like PRIME that have human coders galore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Finding a social listening tool should be based on your goals and how you're going to use it. We knew going into it that we wanted a tool with an emphasis on sentiment and were willing to give up the human coding piece to get it.

NetBase is a different animal when compared to the Sprinklrs and Spreadfasts of the world. It is so much more analytical than any of those tools. Easy to use once you get to know the ins and outs. Much prettier too when you compare it to Radian 6.

Time and time again we've tried to implement other tools to supplement NetBase and have found that none compare to the level of detail we are able to get. Lastly, the support staff at NetBase is phenomenal! Always working with me (team of 1) to train others outside of the communications organization or providing 1:1 demo/training sessions with those in other countries who have expressed interest.

Influencers is a huge opportunity for our brand and product brands. Using themes and the Audience Fingerprint tool, we are able to dig deeper into those we've always had on a list and those worth exploring.

NetBase review by Laurence C.
Laurence C.

"Usability strong and learning new things often but still some concerns."

What do you like best?

Usability of the platform is very good which enables me to play around with the topic to find insights and understand the topic more.

Filtering and themes are useful when making topics more targeted.

What do you dislike?

Decahose is not useful for popular pots or authors.

Authors are only shown in a long list with no extra info making it difficult to understand who they are without clicking through to their profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set out why you need the tool, go through some training as there are many good features, interact with customer service team for help.

Competitor comparisons using themes/ crosstabs allows me to show how well a client is communicating on a certain topics.

Deep analysis into issues to find the trends and influencers.

NetBase review by Liz V.
Liz V.

"Usable, but not the best solution out there"

What do you like best?

I liked Netbase's standard filters or "Themes" as they call them. It allowed you to apply a generic theme over the data you've pulled in.

What do you dislike?

I disliked the sampling functionality that Netbase employed to allow their tool to run faster. It came up short in allowing me to fully understand conversations and see individual mentions.

We were able to do basic social listening for preliminary insights (sometimes not useful) and very basic reporting.

NetBase review by Omri D.
Omri D.

"My go-to for Social Listening & Analytics"

What do you like best?

NetBase is one of the strongest global social listening and analytics tools in the market (and I've used most of the others). Their new interface makes customized dashboard creation (and exports thereof) a breeze, although I rarely use this side of the tool because the Analyze tab is so easy and fast to get at 'what's happening' and 'why.' Their global content sourcing is top-tier for brands that need coverage of large networks in countries such as Russia (VK) or China (Weibos) -- as well as smaller blogs/forums in EU -- and their enterprise readiness (from API availability and documentation to security/SSO) is paramount.

What do you dislike?

Term limits for topics and segmentations mean that brands with large footprints will need to make sacrifices or strategically separate queries in order to capture all of the content they need. NetBase is a also big proponent of their NLP-based sentiment as a differentiator, which is not as accurate as they would make you believe (although the same holds for ALL other vendors, so this is a wash of a statement). Especially in foreign languages (but even in English), the real value of NetBase sentiment is being able to use it as a guide towards qualitatively insightful conversation topics and drastic changes in conversation tone (although not always in the direction sentiment would indicate).

NetBase provides a single source of social listening/analysis truth across our large group of global marketers. For real-time, near-time, and long-term analysis; NetBase provides us with a consistent set of metrics and data to measure conversations around our brands, analytics to help us understand them and uncover insights thereof, as well as data to be mashed up with other sources for advanced analytics.

NetBase review by Jay B.
Jay B.

"Netbase listening tool overview"

What do you like best?

The migration to the new interface (away from Composer) has been nice in that now you have more capabilities to streamline and target your search before you send the tool out to start pulling in data. Also, data exports are more straightforward with larger sets available to pull down than with Composer. You can cut right to the analysis by going into "Analyze" tab without having to establish a full dashboard on any given topic, which saves time if you are just interested in doing a quick look at something.

What do you dislike?

Still can't line up competitors in the same dashboard for easy share of voice outputs. Dashboards and Analyze tab offer similar information but sometimes it is confusing about why you would need to tabs that do essentially the same thing (down side of the "advantage" of Analysis from earlier comment). Like with most listening platforms, sentiment scoring is still suspect in many cases. I usually have to take a sample, hand score them, then extrapolate across the data set to really communicate a clear picture of the sentimented responses since I've seen too much variance in how the tool scores things. But this is true for most listening platforms since these algorithms are far from perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Netbase is fine as a stand-alone tool, but if you are watching the industry you'll see the consolidation that is happening. Netbase is now competing with the likes of Sprinklr, who also offers the listening suite on top of social activations, paid media support, publishing, and engagement/analytics tracking. Netbase seems a bit lonely when competitors are piling all this other stuff into their products. If you are an agency and your clients already have something like that going, it will be hard to sell-in Netbase. If that isn't an issue and you are just looking for a way to take the pulse of what's going on in social for your brand or competitors, NB is fine.

Customer research, understanding online brand buzz and feeling, campaign performance tracking, biz dev pitch work, crisis management reporting. The tool has helped us frame decisions around business issues (why is our revenue dropping, when should we turn the paid ads back on after a brand crisis moment). I've used tool outputs to help inform creative approaches on pitches as well.

NetBase review by Grant P.
Grant P.

"Netbase"

What do you like best?

The data sources seem to be ok, but honestly very underwhelmed with Netbase

What do you dislike?

not a viable research tool, provides little in the way of intelligent search without knowledge of search query structure

Recommendations to others considering the product

do your research, might not be a good tool for you.

thats the issue, our business problem doesn't seem like a good fit for netbase. they are pretty specifically focused on listening for brands more so than topics of conversation that could be used to gather insights.

NetBase review by Hiro Kozaka C.
Hiro Kozaka C.

"The most robust social listening tool aroun"

What do you like best?

Really powerful tool that goes deep into the data.

What do you dislike?

Could have a quick and fast mode where you can check a keyword without the need to setup a new topic.

. Consumer insights

. Consumer conversations and topics

. Unerthing behaviour and attitudes

. Mapping consumer segments

. Track advertsing campaigns

. Attribute and measure KPIs

NetBase review by Kimberly H.
Kimberly H.

"Satisfied with the quality and quantity of insights it provides."

What do you like best?

NetBase has developed a great user interface. It provides a platform that is interactive and very customizable. The visual dashboard enables users to easily view the data and gather insights from it. Topic creation is made simple with the interface and being able to narrow down the focus using features such as inclusions and exclusions when setting topics is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Although NetBase provides insight into the Facebook, Twitter, and blogging communities, it is not able to capture the entirety of what is happening in the social space. While they provide a decent sampling of data, it is not always enough. Being able to provide data for additional social media sites, such as Instagram and LinkedIn, would be very useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to fully explore all of the features and test different types of settings/filters when looking at the data. Different insights will be able to be gathered depending on how you filter and set up the dashboards.

I primarily use NetBase to gain knowledge of trends in the social space. The word clouds have been especially beneficial when presenting the data to clients; they provide a great visualization of the data. I like how many different types of data you can show in the word clouds, from brands to emotions.

NetBase review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Netbase review from agency"

What do you like best?

I like the ability we have to perform competitive analyses and do social listening for a multitude of different topics. The preloaded reports are also really great for easy report building.

What do you dislike?

The negative alerts for FB have a serious lag time, the sentiment is not as intelligent as I would like and there is not a real ability to compare paid to organic media. You also can't save a topic with a theme which can get time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great for reviewing conversation from a top level viewpoint.

We are able to do pitches better understanding how the industry is behaving and I like that we can get quick snapshots on insights.

NetBase review by Scott T.
Scott T.

"Using Netbase as our primary source of social data for ~18 months."

What do you like best?

Powerful natural language processing - sentiment analysis is reliable, and word clouds use processed phrases - not just counting popular words, but presenting the user with an accurate reflection of the meaning of what is being said.

What do you dislike?

Limited number of logins, meaning access can't be shared as widely through the company as I would like. As a tool for network analysis/influencer analysis, it has some limitations. (Although I personally don't find much value in that kind of analysis.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend for anyone whose priority is in processing, analysing and summarising large volumes of natural language through social platforms.

Understanding events in social media. Processing large volumes of brand mentions - especially on Twitter. Validating and expanding on traditional research findings.

NetBase review by Simon Q.
Simon Q.

"3rd generation Social Listening tool that really works and gets you instant insights!"

What do you like best?

The great thing about NetBase is the ease of use, once you have learnt the tool, to gain instant, viable insights for a range of social listening and channel/content performance activities. The dashboards serve as a one-stop shop for the user to gleam real insight into social conversation and what is driving (or not in some cases!) the conversation, be it via a timeline, hashtag cloud, influencer list etc.

The ability to fully customise and alter the 'widgets' used in dashboards puts NetBase at the front of the social listening tools pack to me. The team at NetBase are also super eager to help and are constantly tweaking and improving the tool, unlike many others in this space

What do you dislike?

I would say that really the only drawbacks I have found over time are sometimes the slowness of a dashboard to update, however I must stress this is usually due to the number of widgets open and data being processed than the tool being 'slow'.

Anytime I have had an issue with a topic not updating or making sense the support team are there to help and often come up with a solution very quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NetBase are moving towards industry leading analysis in terms of social listening and how brands/analysts can use the data provided to get real insight into what conversations are taking place and what is driving them. They recently launched a new browser App version of the tool which is much sleeker, quicker and has added much more depth and the ability to download a full report ready to go the client if needed, saving a lot of time!

I have used NetBase for approx. 2 years and mainly for social listening purposes. The problems I solve are usually around 'what are being saying about our brand/product/campaign on-line'. NetBase has very specific ways in which I have been able to answer this, with detailed reporting and multiple data visualisations available to me to help back-up any findings.

The tool allows me to pinpoint specific triggers of conversation and to feed this back to the brand to help in wider strategic research and activation. Having the ability to say for certain what people are saying about you on-line really does help to mould business strategy and best practice.

The tool also offers owned channel analysis for Facebook and Twitter, something I have found very useful as it is detailed enough to get the right results but does not require in-depth analysis, saving time! Also this is at no extra cost, saving on having to pay for an additional 3rd party platform tool.

NetBase review by Danielle D.
Danielle D.

"Netbase is great for competitive research on agency pitches! "

What do you like best?

I love the organic conversation capabilities, as well as the firehose capabilities for Twitter (if you sign up for it)

What do you dislike?

I do dislike that there isn't a dashboard right when you log in with all of your analyzed topics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try, especially for competitive research and new business pitches.

We have definitely improved our reporting capabilities and created a much more robust competitive analysis offering for all of our clients.

NetBase review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great social listening tool"

What do you like best?

NetBase is a great tool because there are so many ways to analyze the data the platform pulls in from all across the internet. My client is particularly fond of the extensive word clouds and net sentiment features. These analyses allow our client to quickly understand how the brand is being talked about, and how the internet is feeling about the brand, at any given time.

What do you dislike?

NetBase is pricey but definitely worth the cost.

For our automotive client, we like to use NetBase to understand the effects of recall news.

NetBase review by Julian M.
Julian M.

"Social insights and DIgital KPIs"

What do you like best?

The characteristics that made NetBase stand out the most is the precise, user friendly widgets that allow us to monitor the social realm including the top social networks as well as news outlets.

What do you dislike?

There are small things to dislike about Netbase but do to some updates on the algorithm we are not able to monitor private FB post. Also, I think the pulse dashboards should be customizable. .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provides great capabilities to understand your consume and are willing to tailor the features as much as possible to the end user needs.

Follow on clients interest, gather consumer insights as well as engage with them. We are able to track current product campaigns and incidents.

NetBase review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Good social listening tool, somewhat limited set of data"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the platform and the abundance of analytics features (e.g. word clouds for key topics, attributes, emotions, behaviors, hashtags, etc.). They're also continually adding new features and improving their UX.

What do you dislike?

My main issue with the platform is that the data only goes back 2.5 years. It makes it difficult to see trends over time. Also, at this time Facebook data is subscription-only, and IG data is limited.

We use Netbase to help us identify how consumers are reacting to our brand campaigns and monitor conversation about our brands over time. It's also been a huge help in identifying insights to drive strategic ideas.

NetBase review by Venke S.
Venke S.

"Dependable listening tool netbase"

What do you like best?

The tool is quite exhaustive. The mobile dashboards are useful. Concept of analyst access and business used access works.

What do you dislike?

History access should be like Google. I should be able to access data without a timeline restriction. Since our search volumes are huge we find decahose to be quite restrictive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool. Go for it.

Consumer insights on shows, events. Early warning system for corporate risk of consumer issues.

NetBase review by Allie C.
Allie C.

"I use this product to create and analyze listening queries based on certain clients around"

What do you like best?

Being able to filter by custom themes; the ease of which in creating the queries; abundance of word clouds that are organized by different variables.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to drill down into a spike and only seeing conversation snippets that happened that day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool for tracking real time but be wary of being able to drill down for volume driver insights.

Hindsighting to guide future strategy

NetBase review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Netbase: Potential to be a truly great tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and interface. The overall experience is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Once a topic is created with a snapshot date range and this topic is analyzed, the default date range is the past month. I suggest making the default range the dates selected when a snapshot topic. It would save me a lot of time and make the experience easier.

Please, if possible, allow users to breakdown topics and construct them using boolean queries. It is second nature to some of us where with primary and secondary terms we have to stop and think about the logic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework. This is a good tool but make sure it has the features you need.

Social sponsorship metrics and social engagements across event activations

"Marketing Analyst"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Netbase can pull current and historical data, as well as the actual posts that my clients can get the best picture possible of their business.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the restrictions that are placed on how you can view the data. I would LOVE to have access to the raw information for my advanced analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot!

I use NetBase to provide social insights to my clients. I work at an agency, and with this tool we have been able to better position our customers and ensure they are staying up to date with the trends.

NetBase review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"What a great, intuitive tool! Very user-friendly!"

What do you like best?

It's very intuitive and easy to navigate! Everything works EXACTLY like you'd want it to. And any hiccups we've encountered have been addressed by the amazing customer support staff.

What do you dislike?

Early in our testing, smaller brands were not being recognized. It appears that NetBase has been working to fix that, as their customer service has been spectacular!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm relatively new to the world of monitoring online sentiment (about one year in), and I found NetBase to be extremely helpful in the transition.

The unlimited mention volume (though sampled) allows us to do extensive new business research that wasn't previously available.

NetBase review by Jennifer F.
Jennifer F.

"Great but could be better"

What do you like best?

The user interface, the and/or usage, easy to learn, get visuals

What do you dislike?

some gaps in and/or methodology, no Facebook data, hard to pare down for common words, can't observe linguistic patterns

How are people talking about a brand? great in answering this unless a common name

What brands are most common for a topic? hard to do % share of social

NetBase review by Kate P.
Kate P.

"Must use for any social team!"

What do you like best?

The social listening is top notch and the information you can get is great- top terms, demographics, sentiment, passion etc.

What do you dislike?

Instagram analytics would be great when that API opens :)

We are solving branding problems and this tool gives clients a great view of the current state of their business. After marketing initiatives we can look back and compare.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Netbase is an adequate social listening tool"

What do you like best?

If you have some of the more premium features, Netbase is great for doing quality social listening that will yield quality data.

What do you dislike?

If you have the basic paid plan without all of the extra bells and whistles, Netbase feels not as useful and the data seems limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work at an agency and have the budget for a social listening tool, Netbase is a good choice.

Competitor research, competitive analysis, social listening. I found it helpful in situations I had to provide detailed insights to the client.

NetBase review by Justin B.
Justin B.

"NetBase"

What do you like best?

NetBase provides great automated consumer sentiment, easy to setup queries (and editing of), all in an easy to use interface with exportable results.

What do you dislike?

When I was using the product, there were sometimes frustrations with the number of verbatim a available for export, which I believe has been resolved, also data visualization a could be more robust.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unmetric, Crimson Hexagon

We were able to capture consumer sentiment and opinions on various brands/products in any category with quick setup and analysis time.

NetBase review by User

"Netbase - Great for Social Listening"

What do you like best?

Netbase allows you to track mentions, sentiment and popular posts which is key for social listening exercises

What do you dislike?

Netbase does not track estimated social spend by advertisers

Business problems being solved with Netbase include tracking campaigns to see how effective each channel/network is performing

NetBase review by Jane N.
Jane N.

"Work with Netbase on Weekly Basis"

What do you like best?

The tool itself is always evolving and produces great results. The customer service is excellent.

What do you dislike?

Since there are often enhancements as well as regular emails going out, it can be difficult to keep up with important notifications and announcements such as the recent loss of Facebook.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know the tips and tricks around creating topics to make sure you aren't leaving anything important our or pulling in un-related conversations

What people are saying about a brand and its competitors in the social space. It provides data and insights you really can't get in many tools.

NetBase review by User in Financial Services

"Netbase Review - Easy to use tool that can be used for anything"

What do you like best?

User interface makes entering queries extremely easy. The interface in which data is displayed also makes it simple to put into presentations. The UI is simple enough that tech illiterate people can understand broadly how the query is constructed and what to change.

What do you dislike?

Takes a long time to get rid of spam posts. Has difficulty distinguished common word brand names (e.g. Coach brings up sports queries) and ebay auctions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it

Trying to evaluate brand strength of companies relative to other ones. Realized that it can be a leading indicator in stock movement.

NetBase review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Powerful Dashboard for Social Listening"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate the customization that can be made to the dashboard. It makes it easy to export the exact data you need when creating reports.

What do you dislike?

I haven't quite yet wrapped my mind around the new version and still trying to get accustomed. If I had to say one thing I'd like to change, it would be the ability to change the sentiment on the soundbites and train NetBase to read them differently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Each organizations needs are very different. My recommendation is to develop a business requirements document when vetting out vendors to better understand the features and functionalities of each product.

Right now, we are using NetBase for overall brand monitoring, competitive intel and market research to gauge what our target market is interested in reading about.

NetBase review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Out of Date, Clunky and Expensive. "

What do you like best?

Quality data set (like most decent tools at this point - no longer anything to write home about), some customization. There is a decent time series graph that shows volatility which is pretty cool.

What do you dislike?

Cheesy graphics at this point. Hasn't evolved since 2010. Expensive. Takes a while to set up a query. Compared to what's out there - either more advanced, cheaper or user friendly, I'm not sure how a professional who knows something about media monitoring can justify the decision to use this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company doesn't have any online media monitoring capacities of their own, nor understands anything about using analytics in decision making, Netbase might be a good company to work with. Many of their consultants are decent people + they have pretty good support. And you'll be able to monitor most online channels that you want.

That said if you actually know what you are doing there's no way to justify the cost. There are just better looking, cheaper and more sophisticated tools out there. The company also looses points for pushing sentiment analysis and impressions way to hard - as if they actual are a credible source of information for a decision, when they are no longer sufficient. It makes their company look out of touch and your devolves your company if you buy into it.

None with it. Other areas of the business are using it for sentiment analysis and impressions. Both KPI's I don't find valuable at this point. We've moved on to more sophisticated graphing and psychographic modeling/clustering.

NetBase review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Seeing Through a Special Lense"

What do you like best?

What I like most about NetBase is its ability to let me and my team see and learn how our consumers interact and discuss our brand. With this information happening organically, without our influence, we get an unfiltered scope of their needs and opinions. The various widgets provided help our team build a concise summary of social conversation.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the tools inability to grasp the latest information from social platforms such as Pinterest and Facebook. The tool although very forward in use value still has room to improve when conducting searches in different languages.

Netbase has allowed us to look at specific events occurring and give a summary report on guest satisfaction, volume of conversation, and insight as to where in particular users are posting.

NetBase review by Internal Consultant in Market Research
Internal Consultant in Market Research

"Okay Social Listening Tool"

What do you like best?

Good account manager, good sentiment algorithm, relatively fast data turnaround

What do you dislike?

Keyword based tool leads to skewed results based on length of post and/or how the posts are shared. Pricing model makes effective historic listening difficult to do within a reasonable budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can be tricky to understand where the drivers are actually coming from, and topics can be tricky to set up to ensure full volume without NetBase help.

For a quick and dirty social analysis, NetBase is preferable to other tools I've seen (particularly those that are mention-based, including radian6 and infegy based on value for your money) but has worse data quality than a Boolean based system, which I highly prefer.

Understanding key features and drivers of social discussion; used for consumer and brand research

NetBase review by Alice M.
Alice M.

"You've got to crawl before you can walk"

What do you like best?

Doyle Research has had a subscription to Netbase for several years. We selected Netbase after a rigorous search. Netbase provides excellent social media analytics and also follows best practices privacy guidelines, i.e. doesn't search private forums. Over the years, Netbase has provided us with excellent analytics, allowing us to monitor industries and categories of interest. We "crawl" the web using Netbase, and this allows us to prepare proposals, reports, and offer cutting-edge category insights.

What do you dislike?

I find the platform somewhat difficult to use. If it were easier to use, I would use it more. I understand that part of this is due to the nature of these kinds of searches (for example Delta is an airline as well as a faucet company as well as a Greek letter as well as the first name of many fraternities) but I struggle with using the platform wisely and well.

We learn about how our clients are perceived, and we learn about salient/trending issues in categories of interest.

NetBase review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"NetBase"

What do you like best?

NetBase is great for social insights and listening. We love the interface and the tools assist us in providing high quality analysis to our partners.

What do you dislike?

We tend to tag our sentiment by hand because the NLP system doesn't always provide an exact picture, but overall it is superior to other products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We love our support contact. She is very helpful whenever we need a quick fix or if we have a question.

We are providing social listening, which lets our partners see what potential customers are saying.

NetBase review by User in Internet

"NetBase is a flexible tool for social data"

What do you like best?

NetBase allows for a variety of search parameters and pulls accurate data.

What do you dislike?

While filtering has improved greatly, generic terms can still be difficult to search for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speak with your account advisors to optimize the tool for your work. Once I had done so, everything was much simpler.

I pull social data to recognize trends and understand my company's share of the conversation. With this tool I've been able to produce a monthly report that shares the state of our social presence with our marketing team.

NetBase review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for quick-hit social analysis and to gauge popular opinion"

What do you like best?

Netbase is fairly simple and easy to use; mostly intuitive to set up a Web Topic. It works quickly so I can get to what I'm looking for fast.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were an option to type your query in boolean logic. Sometimes the include/exclude/etc. makes it more confusing and I would at least appreciate the option to just type it in a stream to make sure I'm getting exactly what I want.

Social sentiment around competitor product launches, public reaction to news & current events, navigation of customer journey on social media. Netbase answers most straightforward business questions but has limitations in the kind of analysis you can really do & how high-level/blue-sky you can take your investigation.

NetBase review by Stephani D.
Stephani D.

"Gained brand insights through social media listening"

What do you like best?

The customization available with the dashboards. An unexpected favorite feature of mine was the word cloud. It's a great tool for visualization and actually seeing what is being said about your brand. The omission options for certain negative keywords proved extremely beneficial for us, as our brand name had some overlap with others in the social space.

What do you dislike?

Set up of the research could be a little more user friendly. I had some trouble getting used to it the first few times I logged in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We gained such valuable insights about the brand we were researching, I highly recommend NetBase as a social media listening tool.

We realized what posts of ours gained the most traction. Our daily deal hashtag was one of the most commonly used terms in our word cloud which we loved to see.

NetBase review by User

"Reviewing Netbase and Sentiment Analysis"

What do you like best?

The site is easy to navigate and understand. It's learnable, and memorable. The information is well organized and clean. It is easy to add a filter without having to start the process completely over which comes in handy when analyzing and comparing sentiment. I love that you can customize a dashboard or when I'm looking at a group of artists I can filter the list and still receive the individual information. It saves me time and effort in having to start the search all over. I like that you can set a specific time period, but that there's also an option for the last week or month etc.

What do you dislike?

I deal a lot with analyzing senitments and sometimes the sentiment isn't accurately represented. For example, a negative song lyric will come up negative when really it's not a negitive sentiment. I think there should also be a way to filter spam or junk messages. Sometimes the system can run a little slow if more than one of us are using the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The amount of information that this program holds is incredible and powerful. I think it's important to understand how to properly use the program, but as I go, I find that usually when I think of something I'd like to filter in, the feature is already available. It's so easy to use and the information can be easily exported which is also a convenient feature.

We are attempting to discover the negative feedback that some artists are receving and why they might be receiving the feedback. Netbase is perfect for helping us analyze this problem and find the root of the issues.

NetBase review by Neeraj K.
Neeraj K.

"Simple, enriched with key data points"

What do you like best?

Dashboard and the way they have segmented all the key data points. Last but not the least prompt response from Netbase team

What do you dislike?

Sentiment tool and lact of FB integeration

Analyzing social landscape, competitor analysis and finding key content buckets and ideas

NetBase review by Internal Consultant in Market Research
Internal Consultant in Market Research

"Good, longstanding relationship with this company"

What do you like best?

The service at Netbase is really exceptional. They know and understand their clients well, partner in looking for solutions to problems, and receive and act on feedback by implementing suggestions in to their functionalities.

The tool is continuously upgraded, support is almost immediate, and the system is flexible enough to provide multiple ways of going about drilling and reporting. Netbase covers a wide swath of the available social web, along with tap-in abilities for specific social channels, so I have confidence in coverage.

What do you dislike?

The things that I would "dislike" have more to do with the type of data with which I'm working than with this or any other tool per se. Of course, there are always desired efficiencies that one discovers while working with a tool, and in my case these are usually ways of cleaning data efficiently across topics while, at the same time, combining themes effectively as filters. I'm not sure that I can say that any other tool would be more effective than Netbase in this regard, because it's a pretty big ask. The good news is that when I do clean out any new dirty data points, it actually does seem to go away and leave my topics alone!

Effectiveness of engagement activities, campaigns, relevant themes driving conversation for both our brands and vertical as a whole.

NetBase review by Carrie S.
Carrie S.

"netbase-love it"

What do you like best?

I love the insights it provides for our brands

What do you dislike?

i need an in person rep-I hate just having calls with my rep

Recommendations to others considering the product

u don't get an in person rep

social listening to drive awarnenss in order to scale our products

NetBase review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"insightful and relatively intuitive"

What do you like best?

Being able to pull in information from different social media sources over a long period of time. The new youtube comment feature is awesome! And the different visualiztion tools are very useful, especially the word cloud. It makes it easy for us to uncover new information as we see how different mentions are related to each other within a topic.

What do you dislike?

Difficult to create topics and create search queries. Many times I want to go in a simply search for a single topic, let's say pineapples for example. But I have to go in and create a topic, set the parameters and then search. It would be so much easier if it could be like on twitter I type pineapples into the search bar and recent tweets with the word pineapple pop up.

Using it to uncover cultural insights to develop more evocative and culturally relevant marketing and advertising.

NetBase review by Agency in Public Relations and Communications
Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Finally, an answer to Radian6"

What do you like best?

NetBase is a wonderful answer to Radian6. The tool is quick, agile, and easy to use. With so many different ways to display data, it's a wonderful tool for agencies and brands to have in their back pocket. My favorite thing about NetBase is the tool is constantly being updated. If you want something added, reach out to a rep and they'll try their best to integrate it into the next design.

What do you dislike?

Loading times for certain topics can be long and I miss the boolean search of Radian6.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up time to learn how to use the product with a rep!

Social media monitoring, social media competitive analysis, social media analysis

NetBase review by Josh K.
Josh K.

"Quality content but limited application "

What do you like best?

Netbase displays defendable data rather quickly.

What do you dislike?

It is tough to find applications for the social listening tool beyond demonstrative circumstances.

We have used the tool to analyze potential partnerships and to help understand how the social universe is mentioning certain brands.

NetBase review by Ash H.
Ash H.

"Great for social tracking"

What do you like best?

It's a great system for tracking social sentiment across our brands.

What do you dislike?

Can be overwhelming at first, but once you learn it works well.

Tracking social media sentiment is imperative for the marketing efforts we give to our brands.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"My experience so far has been great."

What do you like best?

I like how there is so much you can do and NetBase experts are always there to help you out if you run into any speed bumps.

What do you dislike?

I feel that we need to have more of a face-to-face connection with a rep on Skype, etc. to have more of an interactive experience.

We are able to access tools we weren't able to access before and dig deeper into social trends which is immensely helpful.

NetBase review by Nelson G.
Nelson G.

"Amazing"

What do you like best?

Geo targeting and references from brands.

What do you dislike?

Complete list of urls, we are not able to see the complete list of urls from the mentions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Time to market analysis and sentiment studies

NetBase review by Agency
Agency

"I had a good experience"

What do you like best?

I would like that I can use with facebook

What do you dislike?

I would like to have greater integration with facebook, because our country is a social network too Expocision in the country

Recommendations to others considering the product

It was hard to link to facebook

investigate the momentum with our publications on social networks and achieve measure each of our actions

NetBase review by Evan D.
Evan D.

"After tons of research, NetBase won our investment"

What do you like best?

Best of beed NLP for sentiment analysis

45 languages analyzed (around 10 with sentiment capabilities)

200+ million websites analyzed

BEAUTIFUL Ux

I did demos of almost every product in this category - over 15 products. The above list are the things that sets NetBase apart from all the rest.

What do you dislike?

Some limitations on exporting that are just silly

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's unlimited mentions and queries if you're not using the Twitter Firehose, so have at it and set up tons of stuff! We have over 75 queries right now.

Social listening provides wonderfully detailed market intelligence and competitive intelligence.

NetBase review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Hands Down One of the Best Social Analytics Tools"

What do you like best?

Netbase is easy to use once you learn the ins and outs of the platform. But once you do, you'll be a social listening genius.

What do you dislike?

I was the system would let us search for content quickly. Something it takes 10-15 min for results to return. So speed would be something I'd love to see improved in the system.

This tool is helping us find a lot of new insights and data that we are applying to our marketing campaigns and seeing great results.

NetBase review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Netbase Quick Snippets of Social Listening for Clients"

What do you like best?

Word clouds on word clouds on word clouds. Working with those who don't understand the power of social listening, word clouds provide an easy way for them to understand and digest findings.

What do you dislike?

The way to input queries can become tedious and complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lean on the customer service offered.

Reviewing brand affinity for clients who typically see poor responses across the interest to determine value of current campaigns.

NetBase review by Amy J.
Amy J.

"Great useful data, easy to read, condensed great reports "

What do you like best?

being able to search various hashtags, terms, and find out more information on our artists (Universal Music Group). Tracking campaigns to see how affective they are and the data is helpful for advertising purposes as well.

What do you dislike?

platform is a little tedious. not the easiest to work around

advertising better

top fans/influencers using them in future campaigns

NetBase review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Research and social analytics."

What do you like best?

Easy to use UI makes it simple to set up topics.

What do you dislike?

The tuner feature could be a little more fleshed out - a lot of the categories feel redundant so if it was possible to combine them within the Tuner it would make this feature slightly easier to use.

Customer identification - helping clients connect in a more meaningful way with their audiences.

NetBase review by Jeremiah S.
Jeremiah S.

"Best in class for social media insights "

What do you like best?

Netbase has the most advanced natural language processor on the market and has an intuitive user interface controlling very powerful features.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit pricey and isn't part of a full marketing suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about meaningful objectives prior to the demo. In other words, think about how you will use it and have some things to track.

I first used the product at Northwestern University in the graduate IMC program to glean deep consumer insights using a qualitative research technique called netnography (i.e. web-based ethnography). I then used it for initial customer research before launching my start-up. I later recommended it as part of a consulting project for a home automation brand.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Social media listening for insights and to direct research initiatives "

What do you like best?

word clouds and story score- i like this best since its a great snapshot/illustration of where a brand stands in social conversations and being able to see sentiments, which is integral in directing research and gaining insights

What do you dislike?

having to edit the topic every time you want to change dates and having to create a new topic bc of deca/firehose

solving overall communication problems in social via insights that were reached upon netbase research that dictates research to collect data elsewhere

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Provide directional information but shouldn't be the sole research tool "

What do you like best?

It's very easy to get started with this tool with the user friendly interface. Putting the query is easy and straightforward. You can get the brand sentiment, the main authors of the query, and other general information from the tool.

I like the aspect that it provides data visualization so I can just export and put into presentations. For word clouds, it has several options for font and color.

What do you dislike?

When I used the tool, it was not easy to filter out the spam website. Once I found a website that contains spam information, I need to go back to the query set up page and manually type the website address because I couldn't copy it from the dashboard. This to large extent increase the data cleansing time.

Furthermore, I think it's a better tool for consumer goods industry than for healthcare industry. The tool can get many sound bites from Facebook and Twitter, which allow certain degree of discussion extraction. However, for more disease focused forums, it's hard to get the consumer discussions since there is no API being established. It also lacks the capability to gather insights from healthcare provider online communities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest having the social listening tool as the start point for market research rather than the end point. Other supported research approaches need to be utilized too to validate the findings via social listening tool.

To get better results, you should also plan to spend a good amount of time to set up the query including using the right phrases, filtering out the spam websites and mentions, and putting the proper time frame.

For sentiment score part, users need to carefully go through sound bites and look for slang/modern languages to make sure you get the full and clear picture of what's being said for specific product/topic.

Business problems we are solving include identifying brand awareness, helping to establish brand strategy, or inspirations for creatives. The benefits are easy to use and good customer support.

NetBase review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Marketing and Advertising
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Marketing and Advertising

"ive been a heavy user for the past 6 months"

What do you like best?

it give pretty accurate results and its east to use.

i lke the word clouds it provides.

What do you dislike?

i wish there was a way to segment by age.

i wish there was a way to see more posts on the side bar when you click on a term from a word cloud.

Recommendations to others considering the product

other tools have better strengths in certain areas, but netbase is best overall.

i do data strategy for an ad agency, keeping a pulse on social opinion and attitude is a pillar of how we better understand our clients different audiences

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Very helpful customer service team"

What do you like best?

I like that I have easy access to my client services team at Netbase. I also like they are continuously updating the interfaced to make it look more user friendly. I also really like that Netbase has access to Firehose data to give more of a realistic impression of what the data is saying.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features aren't as customizable like the filters for audience research. I am looking forward to upcoming releases that will allow us to do more deep dive into the demographics.

Audience Insights, Content Planning, Editorial themes

NetBase review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use, hard to action on"

What do you like best?

very easy platform to use and quickly pull what's needed

What do you dislike?

it can be hard to determine what to actually do with the data

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you have a good plan for how to use the data before going into the tool to begin mining for insights. There are certainly lots of options available, so having a hypothesis before beginning can really help improve the quality of what's pulled!

interesting factoids for client reports

NetBase review by Christy W.
Christy W.

"New system is user friendly"

What do you like best?

The new operating system is very easy to use and pick up on. Word clouds and sentiments are very helpful in presenting trends and insights to clients.

What do you dislike?

Some aspects could be stronger. For instance, in Insight Composer you were easily able to highlight peaks in conversation with the stream located right below. Also wish there were training videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have someone train you in the program first - I don't think it is very easy to figure out the software on your own.

Look for key trends in the market place, seasonality of brand conversations, how campaigns or promotions impact user conversation. Netbase has been very helpful in providing these insights.