NetBeans

NetBeans IDE. The Smarter and Faster Way to Code. Quickly and easily develop desktop, mobile and web applications with Java, PHP, C/C++ and more. NetBeans IDE is FREE, open source, and has a worldwide community of users and developers.

Work for NetBeans?

Learning about NetBeans?

NetBeans Reviews

Showing 387 NetBeans reviews
NetBeans review by <span>Yngrid M.</span>
Yngrid M.

"Excellent development tool to work with Java"

What do you like best?

Netbeans has everything to develop software especially when you work with java which is the programming language that you currently use. All my Java projects are developed with netbeans, for me it is a fairly complete IDE, easy to use and the one that I incorporate to handle errors is very good. And the most important thing is an open source tool for free use. Netbeans supports a large number of Java applications such as J2SE and EJB. Also work with JAVA swing is very good.

What do you dislike?

Actually I do not have anything bad to say about neatbeans. For me it has been my project development tool for more than 8 years and I have not found a substitute

Recommendations to others considering the product

100% I recommend netbeans to develop software projects using JAVA language and I have even made projects with JAVA 3D and the experience with netbenas has been highly satisfactory.

As I said before, I have been developing projects in JAVA for more than 8 years using the netbeans platform and I am very satisfied with what has been achieved. Many of these projects were developed in conjunction with my students at the university. My last project of a virtual electronic laboratory was developed with netbeans

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NetBeans
NetBeans review by <span>Maria Virginia G.</span>
Maria Virginia G.

"Excellent development environment to make your applications in JAVA"

What do you like best?

This IDE I use frequently as a requirement in one of the subjects that I currently teach, because it is:

Free and open source

Easy to install

Very intuitive, the student adapts very easily to this development environment.

It is very organized and allows creating console applications and graphical user interfaces in a very simple way.

When you are developing your applications, you can detect errors very quickly.

My students adapt faster to this application than to others that have the same purpose.

What do you dislike?

As it progresses, the new versions need more computer requirements. However, it is really an application that offers many tools to make you program your software in a comfortable way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powerful development environment to program in java is free and very easy to use. 100% recommended.

Using this tool to teach how to program my students in java is one of the best decisions I have made because this software is powerful and offers facilities to make this process very simple.

What Integrated Development Environment (IDE) solution do you use?

NetBeans review by <span>Francisco J.</span>
Francisco J.

"Uno de los IDEs más completos."

What do you like best?

Me parece que se trata de uno de los IDEs más completos que se pueden encontrar a día de hoy. Tiene multitud de plugins que te ayudan en el día a día. La interface es muy clara y facil de usar.

La ayuda que te proporciona es inmejorable.

What do you dislike?

El mayor problema que le encuentro es a la hora de arrancar. Si tienes varios proyectos abiertos, la carga del programa se vuelve lenta y pesada. Esto es debido a que cada vez que arranca, chequea los proyectos para buscar todas las dependencias, y esto provoca la demora en el arranque.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Mi recomendación es que sólo se instalen los plugins que realmente sean necesarios y que los proyectos que ya estén finalizados, se eliminen del programa, para asi mejorar el rendimiento de la aplicación en el arranque.

Desarrollos web para distintos clientes.

NetBeans review by <span>Mohsen K.</span>
Mohsen K.

"Netbeans as PHP IDE"

What do you like best?

- Free and Opensource

- Fast

- Friendly

- Intelligent

- Support for modern web development tools (composer, npm, etc.)

- Indicating edited code and files based on GIT commits

- Source code history

- Best syntax-highlighting colors

What do you dislike?

- Violating PSR-2 coding standards

- No modern flat themes

- No method parameter hints (this is something useful as you can find in PHP-Storm)

- No guess for types and return types

- Outdated framework support

I have been using Netbeans for many years and I really feel comfortable with it. As an All-In-One IDE for different programming languages, It's normally shouldn't get considered as best in comparison with other IDEs which are designed specifically for a programming language but yet, In case of PHP, I actually find it a complete platform for development. Unfortunately, it has lost attentions nowadays but i'm sure with some small updates to support popular frameworks and 2-3 new features, It really has nothing less than proprietorial products like PHP-Storm and even it's more fast and featured IDE.

NetBeans review by <span>Kavish J.</span>
Kavish J.

"Great open source product "

What do you like best?

NetBeans is a great open source product and the best part is that it's free. I first used NetBeans whenI started learning programming and it's very convenient and easy to use tool. I think Net Beans is the best because it has has pretty much everything you could ever need built in from the start and it also supports GIT. It also provides easy debugging tools and drag and drop feature for GUI development.

What do you dislike?

The issue with NetBeans is that it takes a lot of time to load and consumes a lot of memory. Also, whenever I use Net Beans, it drains my battery.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend other to use NetBeans. It's a great tool for web development and software development.

I am a java developer and I primarily use Net Beans for Java programming. I also used Net Beans when I started to learn Java and it really helped me master my Java Skills.

NetBeans review by <span>Rohit p.</span>
Rohit p.

"A IDE for developing applications easily and quickly ."

What do you like best?

NetBeans works out of box and it is Free and Open Source.It is really easy because it has pretty much everything you could ever need built in from the start such as Glassfish.It’s always the first to get support for upcoming technologies.It’s HTML5 and CSS support is really good.Can Easily switch between file or project basis.Has a Start page with regular updates and tutorials .

What do you dislike?

Though it is one of the best IDE but depending on whats being done it can be a bit of a memory hog, and it doesn’t handle very large files well.Sometimes it is not easy to copy a run configuration and doesnt save a previous configuration .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly recommend to web developers who would like to develope e-commerce web page.It is the best IDE till now on which I worked.

I am a freelance developer who need to develop back-end applications and by using NetBeans it gets easy . Also, the drag and drop feature helps me lot on the back-end development.Its debugging feature is easier as compare to others .

NetBeans review by <span>Faizan K.</span>
Faizan K.

"Simple and Best IDE for any type of Java Developement."

What do you like best?

Easy to develop GUI .

Web App development using J2EE is easier .

Maven and git are supported .

Drag and Drop feature make GUI development easier .

Management of packages are easier .

Compilation of applications are easier , debugging is simpler , auto-completion is the best part of this IDE

What do you dislike?

Lack of Snippets .

Consumes more memory space as compared to other IDE .

Loading time is more than other IDE .

Booting time is more .

Advance tools requires training .

Projects dependencies takes time to load .

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best IDE till now on which I worked , probably ranked 2 for best Java IDE . Shortcuts are easier to remember . I definitely recommend it to everyone who want to build projects involving Java .

NetBeans help me to reduce time to develop front-end using Swing GUI tool which is just a drag and drop to build user interface .

Its debugging feature is easier as compare to others due to its feature of indicating errors and bugs in codes every line continuously and giving hint .

NetBeans review by <span>Mohd Anas K.</span>
Mohd Anas K.

"An IDE(Integrated Development Environment) which the world needs.."

What do you like best?

Most of the developers think, Netbeans is just a java IDE, but it’s not true. It is also an IDE for different languages like PHP, Javascript, JavaFX,C/C++ etc. It helps the developer to develop their product more efficiently and quickly. One of the best thing, I like for Netbeans is, it is open-source, also the source of Netbeans IDE and Netbeans platform is available to anyone to reuse under terms and policy.

What do you dislike?

The thing which every developer hates, debugging. Yes, debugging in netbeans is quite slow compared to other IDE, the other thing which requires improvement is, memory usage. It takes large memory compared to other lighter IDEs, though it is very efficient platform for development, still it requires improvement for memory usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a beginner, then Netbeans IDE is the best choice for you for development in Java, Javascript,PHP etc. It is available for almost all important OS like Windows, Linux, Mac OS/X. In my experience, Netbeans is very easy to handle and navigate.

Netbeans has many integrated dvelopments modules especially for java. It really works great in developing high-end products. There are many benefits for using Netbeans, like it is completed setup of almost all packages which you need for development, you can use only that module which you need during development.

NetBeans review by <span>Anand T.</span>
Anand T.

"Integrated development environment for Java Programming"

What do you like best?

It is the best platform for using java programs, and its interface is very interactive. We can easily use NetBeans, While we create any class then it automatically creates its structure. It saves a lot of time in development.

First thing I like syntax checking which saves a lot of time of code inspection for finding errors. Also, it provides a lot of shortcuts to jump which we usually do while coding and the most interesting thing is its auto-detection of references in the code, it makes our understanding to code very fast and efficient.

What do you dislike?

If you throw the learning curve of an IDE on top of learning how to program, it can be quite

frustrating. Further, features and shortcuts for experienced programmers often hide

crucial but mundane details of a language. Details should not be overlooked when

learning a new language. Using an IDE may hamper the learning of a new language.

Few more things, you cannot ignore are:-

Difference checker - very very accurate. It address our problems of code merging very efficiently

Sub version support - it changes color of files in files menu or tab, that is useful in getting information of updated files visually.

NetBeans review by <span>Surajit C.</span>
Surajit C.

"The best IDE for Java Application Development"

What do you like best?

For various Java project i used Eclipse and NetBeans but between then i think NetBeans is far better than Ecilpse . It is a very good editor and faster than Eclipse .

Also it supports Maven. It is open source also . Search functions is very powerful and quickly find the code . It has a great productive features .

You can do a lot of project at the same time . It has a nice debugging support .

What do you dislike?

It has some memory issue and slow start up .

Also it is very in speed . It will be better if it comes with better themes .

It consumes way more memory .

It does not have the work-space feature as eclipse .

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a definite yes - yes . It's GUI Builder is awesome . One should go for it . Tip - As for every IDE , do refer its documentation ans proper video tutorials for getting familiar to IDE, learning to use keyboard shortcuts .

I am a freelance developer who develops backend applications and by using NetBeans , time to develop those applications is reduced . Also, the drag and drop feature helps me to focus on the backend development rather than wasting time on designing front-end .

NetBeans review by <span>Miguel Angel C.</span>
Miguel Angel C.

"Excellent versatile IDE"

What do you like best?

I really like this IDE because it is very friendly, easy to use and many people I work with use it, it also has a lot of information and documentation, I think it is one of the main software I use professionally

What do you dislike?

Many times I have had problems because in the case of interphase developments, it limits me adding code that I can not modify or simply adds segments of code that are not necessarily useful and later you can bring conflicts

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a software that allows quick adaptation for new projects or people who do not know much about development

I work this IDE for the development of microservices and control modules of our major applications, in addition to puqueñas tools for the area of operations of information control, information transformation or reports for clients.

NetBeans review by <span>santosh d.</span>
santosh d.

"NetBeans IDE faster and better way to code"

What do you like best?

NetBeans IDE allows me develop easily and faster web applications, mobile, and as well as HTML5 applications by using HTML, JavaScript, and CSS. It aslo has great support to PHP, C,C++ program writers. Best thing is open source free to use and got worldwide community support. Built in library makes developers life simple. code comparison i.e differing the code files with new files is very easy. user interface is very effective when we compare to other tools like eclipse

What do you dislike?

Few things i Dont like in Net Beans are The debugger in Net beans is too slow. Single view architecture. No work space feature compared to eclipse.Dose not support JAVA9 and some of the latest features.Size of the Setup is heavy where as eclipse is light weight.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly recommend to PHP and Java developers who would like to develop quickly.

i am currently a PHP web applications and Java developer. managing the code and developing the product is made easy with GUI builders. my work is supported by other employees also, i this case i need to compare the code before updating my files . IDE code comparison is really awesome.

NetBeans review by <span>Daniel H.</span>
Daniel H.

"Netbeans and Java 9.0 SE"

What do you like best?

About a year ago, I decided to try out Netbeans 8.2 IDE, after using other IDEs, and was surprised of its simplicity and how fast it started. From then on I use it regularly for all Java development. I like best the ecosystem of available plugins, and was surprise to find a wide variety of alternatives, even for development on different programming languages. Additionally, I find its keyboard shortcuts very intuitive to use.

What do you dislike?

After deciding to upgrade the Java jdk and getting rid of previous versions, I noticed that my Netbeans installation would not open as before. I had configure my Java environment variables to point to the new jdk. After some research I found out that although I could use Java 9 SE as standard libraries, I still needed to have a Java 8 jdk installation available for Netbeans to run. I hope that a new release comes out soon with full support for Java 9.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I fully recommend Netbeans IDE, with additional plugins installed it can be used for developement with other programming languages. There is also the nightly builds that fully support Java 9 SE. Also, there are many plugins to modify the look and feel, with awesome themes, that makes your work more pleasant.

I use Neatbeans 8.2 as my standard IDE for java development, mostly desktop applications. Although I have installed other IDEs, I like Netbeans IDE for its simplicity of use and fast loading.

NetBeans review by <span>Jhoan O.</span>
Jhoan O.

"One of the best JAVA frameworks is NetBeans"

What do you like best?

Simplifies the development of applications for Java, with support for the creation of service-oriented applications, includes XML tools, allows you to create Web applications with PHP, it's free, open source and multiplatform. Has a lot of documentation for references and support

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have had problems when integrating a project with some databases, but otherwise, it works quite well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Useful for backend and frontend students and developers, for both small and very complex projects. Its feature of indicating errors in codes makes Its debugging feature is easier.

Netbeans has helped me to carry out various types of projects, from desktop applications to web pages, integrating online databases, JAVA, PHP and HTML in a very intuitive way. It is very easy to develop programs oriented to services and objects in this framework

NetBeans review by <span>ASHISH J.</span>
ASHISH J.

"Best Companion For Developers"

What do you like best?

it does the syntax and semantics check on its own with each keypress, that's what saves a lot of time in coding and prevent you from scratching your head after each line of code

What do you dislike?

since it has the feature of background scanning of projects, but it sometimes makes it hang and we can't proceed further rather it should ask the user preferences of which folders to include in background scanning and then continue to it

Recommendations to others considering the product

net beans IDS is heavyweight and require many plugins to make your task easy which make it much heavy.

I do lot of coding in PHP and framework files which are interconnected, so I need a mechanism that with one view I can see the file causing error and that's where net beans helps me a lot in showing full directory structure with correctness and each file and also the remote file connection helps me from going to filezilla each and every time

NetBeans review by <span>Ajmeri S.</span>
Ajmeri S.

"Best IDE for wordpress PHP coding"

What do you like best?

I am personally using NetBeans for last 4 Years and I like it very much to use it. specially NetBeans have the autosuggest codes are the best feature. the NetBeans has the most stable to run in windows 10 compare to any other IDE's. also, the NetBeans has the code format feature it is very likely by the developers. the NetBeans also supports GitHub. so we can easily setup gitub for our project and also we can commit or push changes of our code easily within few clicks! I suggest this IDE if anyone looking for best IDE for PHP and aswell JAVA.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when we open NetBeans at first system startup it will take some time to load. but it will likely depend on projects but overall it is good.

Using Netbeans I am doing coding very fastly that is very helpful in business.

Netbeans also suggest codes so i do not need google often.

NetBeans review by <span>Krishna Murari J.</span>
Krishna Murari J.

"My favorite IDE for Java Development."

What do you like best?

Its User Interface is effective as compared to Eclipse which has a cluttered User Interface .

I can work on several projects at the same time .

GUI Builder is the best . The drag and drop feature of NetBeans has led my front-end development time to be too fast .

It also supports JAVAFX along with various web tools .

What do you dislike?

Quite a few things that I don't like in NetBeans are -

No workspace feature compared to eclipse.

Loading time is too slow for the IDE . This actually wastes my time a lot .

The black theme is not properly implemented .

Its now an old IDE. So no new features will be introduced .

Dose not support JAVA9. It should support the latest features .

Setup size is too big .

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good IDE , though a little bit slow compared to other IDE's. You can go for it.

I am a freelance java application developer and with using NetBeans , the time required to develop an application as with the GUI builder , I only focus on the back-end code . So , my development time has decreased a lot , so I can develop the application in a shorter time .

I also use it for Web Development .

NetBeans review by <span>Megha G.</span>
Megha G.

"Productive and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Because of good community support and ample to tutorials, Netbeans is one of the simplest platform/IDE to start with. Setting up Netbeans is quite simple because of its UI wizard installation. The wizards has pretty good support for various build tools, such as: ANT, and Maven. Not only just build support, but the wizard setup comes with many advance features as well (i.e. plugins, auto-update etc...). The best thing about netbeans is that its very user friendly and very less configuration is needed. Netbeans supports many languages, such as: Java EE, HTML5, JavaScript, and CSS3. The latest version of Netbeans also comes with support for Internet of Things that means users can directly create, test, debug, deploy, and profile applications that will run on the Raspberry Pi, mobile phones, PDAs, set-top boxes, and other mobile and embedded systems.

What do you dislike?

Though Netbeans provides GUI assistance to build GUI without writing the code, but most of the time using GUI assistance make things more complex. For me, writing the code to build the UI was easy and quick than using the GUI assistance. The major problem is positioning the elements. Often times it places the labels on each other and there is no zoom button to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Netbeans comes with variety of latest features and hassle free installation. I would certainly recommend this IDE to developers.

We use Netbeans for various purposes starting from developing the software to build. Netbeans has been very productive and time saver so far and we plan to continue using it.

NetBeans review by <span>Saurya B.</span>
Saurya B.

"Great IDE for Java,which is free"

What do you like best?

It is a comprehensive IDE that has multiple languages built-in and supports the latest Java 8 version. It is available is many platforms and has keyboard shortcuts which allow faster access to tools and features. I love the auto complete feature which makes it easy to use. It is also easy to learn for beginners and free to download and install.

What do you dislike?

One big problem with Netbeans is it takes too much time to load all the modules and run the programs. Sometimes it also freezes and doesn't allow me to close or quit the application. Also, it is a bummer that it doesn't allow android application development. However there are other good development applications for android so it is not a big problem.

I mostly use NetBeans for Java coding. I have been able to create many Java projects easily and debug codes effectively through this application.

NetBeans review by <span>Nuria R.</span>
Nuria R.

"NETBEANS IDE SIMPLE AND INTUITIVE"

What do you like best?

Netbeans Ide is a very complete tool that facilitates a pleasant and simple environment which you can make applications with graphical interface, simply dragging and pasting components.

We can also say that is a free open source IDE and it has a broad community support

What do you dislike?

When we make applications with graphical interface, simply dragging and pasting components, internally generates trash code, that is to say, netbeans generates 10 lines of code to do something that could actually be done with 3 and does not allow to modify it

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool, easy and intuitive software development with broad community support

I give private lessons to FPO students and the tool that they use in class is Netbeans

For this reason, we use Netbeans to make their projects and exercises

NetBeans review by <span>Javier M.</span>
Javier M.

"Un buen IDE para trabajar con PHP"

What do you like best?

Un IDE muy configurable y con multitud de plugins que te faciita la vida a la hora de trabajar con el. Posee una ayuda muy buena ayuda, a la vez que te gestiona muy bien las dependencias entre los distintos archivos del proyecto, permitiendote navegar facilmente entre ellos. También me parece un IDE ligero que se mueve bien en entornos más ajustados de recursos.

What do you dislike?

En ocasiones, cuando se tienen muchos proyectos, tarda demasiado en cargar mientras analiza y gestiona las dependencias entre los elementos del proyecto, si bien, luego esa demora te va a facilitar el trabajo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Descargar la version minima y solo cargar los plugins necesarios

Proyectos en los cuales teníamos que resolver incidencias con aplicaciones de Internet.

NetBeans review by <span>Daniele B.</span>
Daniele B.

"Your first IDE for Java / PHP"

What do you like best?

NetBeans is perfectly suited as an entry level IDE for Java or PHP, when most of your time should be spent learning how to code instead of learning how to use the IDE.

Thanks to its out-of-the-box autocomplete, file navigation and style hints, as well as integration with most VCSs, it really helps focusing on what matters most.

Its extra features, including debugger integration, database connectors and a broad (yet not really easy to setup) plugin library, qualify it as one of the most complete IDEs, free of charge.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately NetBeans' user interface has not been kept up-to-date, and as the project size increases (or the number of concurrent projects does) it struggles a bit with its memory consumption and increased loading time.

The plugin system is also far from accessible in terms of tailoring the IDE to some of your advanced needs as a developer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an IDE for Java or PHP code, download NetBeans and start coding before even considering if it could be worth trying a paid IDE.

You will feel the need of a different IDE only when (and if) your experience as a developer has scaled up considerably

I have used NetBeans since my first day as a web developer and for many years onwards, and it sure helped me (and many of my colleagues) both write better software myself - and faster than a notepad of course - and understand easily software written by others, which every developer knows how important is.

As my needs as a developer changed over time, I went on to use paid IDEs for the extra benefits (both performance and integration wise) or more versatile IDEs (at the cost of spending some time configuring and tweaking them). But NetBeans still sits in my quick access bar and gets fired from time to time to work on some legacy project when they need care!

NetBeans review by <span>Priyanka G.</span>
Priyanka G.

"Best Developer's IDE tool"

What do you like best?

It is open source and free tool for the developer. It supports all necessary technologies used these days.

It's HTML an CSS support it the best. NetBeans add-on tools for collecting and visualizing performance profiles of running applications are really good.

What do you dislike?

Though it is the best IDE sometimes it fails to handle large data files and crashes the system on which it is running. We cannot directly paste the code and run rather we have configured it first to run the pasted code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend to Application developers who would like to developed Applications like shopping website, management systems. It is the best IDE to work for even Web Applications.

Being a developer, I code backend applications using Netbeans. It debugging features benefits to debug all applications easily.

NetBeans review by <span>Rick K.</span>
Rick K.

"NetBeans for Java SE Development"

What do you like best?

Free, actively developed, pretty feature-complete. What's not to like? Easy, free, and quick to license; actively developed and typically fast to incorporate new Java features; responsive; easy to use, even for people new to NetBeans; can use the same NetBeans to develop not only Java but also web pages and C++ (although I use it exclusively for Java). Supports unit testing, integrates with Git.

What do you dislike?

I am a fan of JetBrains products. I think IntelliJ is maybe a little more feature complete, and definitely more familiar to me. But I am happy to use NetBeans in situations where the rest of the team has adopted it. Really just personal preference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Developers spend huge amounts of time in their IDE software. I am a fan of having a default standard but allowing individuals to choose something else, as long as it is not incompatible with the default standard. I think NetBeans works well for the default standard. However, this software will be a huge part of the working lives of your developers, so by all means consider their thoughts.

Also consider whether NetBeans supoorts your testing environment, your continuous integration tools, your database(s), and the rest of your environment.

Oiur entire team was able to agree on using NetBeans, so our work is more easily handed around amongst the team. It is a quick and free download, so it is easy to onboard new people, temporarily or permanently. There is a decent amount of documentation available on the Internet.

NetBeans review by <span>Ricardo S.</span>
Ricardo S.

"Buen entorno de desarrollo, aunque algo desactualizado"

What do you like best?

Para programar en JAVA, era una de las mejores opciones que existían. Los motivos es que era muy fácil de usar, de descargar y encima es gratuito. Es más simple que otros entornos, lo que lo hace manejable y perfecto para pequeños y medianos proyectos. Permite la inserción de módulos externos para añadir opciones.

What do you dislike?

Lo principal es que hace mucho que no tiene una gran actualización, da la impresión de que el proyecto está abandonado. Tampoco me gusta que, aunque su simpleza haga que sea una buena herramienta, a veces se queda corto en este aspecto, lo que provoca que finalmente vayas a otro entorno de desarrolo como Eclipse u opciones similares.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lo recomiendo para realizar algunas pruebas o tenerlo como plan B, pero creo que es un entorno de desarrollo que a día de hoy no está a la altura. Para instalar NetBeans, antes usaría Eclipse por ejemplo.

En cualquier caso, no es mala opción al ser gratuito.

Nos ayudo al principio con muchos desarrollos en JAVA, tanto para aplicaciones de escritorio como algunos pequeños proyectos para dispositivos móviles. Durante su uso, el descubrir que se le podían añadir módulos nos aportó mucho dinamismo en ciertas operaciones, lo cual nos benefició bastante en el trabajo e día a día.

NetBeans review by <span>Iñigo S.</span>
Iñigo S.

"One of the best IDE for Java"

What do you like best?

I like that it serves to program in several programming languages although I especially used it to program in Java. There are a lot of different versions: For Java SE, for Java EE, for PHP, for JS/HTML, for C/C++ and a full version that has all of the above.

What I like most about this integrated development environment is its system for creating graphical interfaces in Java. I have tried other IDE and this is the most comfortable for this type of tasks. You can do it graphically without having to program.

It has all the features that can be expected from an integrated development environment and It has a plugin system to extend its functionality.

It is multiplatform so you can install it in any operating system.

It has a simple and enjoyable interface.

Netbeans is free.

What do you dislike?

The debugger is very improvable. If you have tried the Eclipse debugger, this is worse.

It is a integrated development environment that costs to run, you should have a SSD in your computer.

Netbeans is not Open Source.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is your best option if you need to program desktop applications in Java. It will save you a lot of work creating forms.

I use it to program desktop applications in Java. It has saved me a lot of work to make the elements of the forms in their correct place. The debugger is not the best but it is enough for what I need.

NetBeans review by <span>Ismael T.</span>
Ismael T.

"NetBeans review and other things"

What do you like best?

The most important thing to stand out about NetBeans is that the program is very polyvalent; you colud develop desktop apps, mobile apps or web pages with the same program, and this is and advantage if you work developing all that kind of apps.

What do you dislike?

I think the worst thing that NetBeans has is that is very heavy. It needs a lot of time to initialize and sometimes is very slow code with it because it takes long time to show the predict the code you want to write. Another thing that I don't like is the integration with git repositories and the debbug mode. THe debbug mode isn't clear and you have to configure a lot of things, and the integretion with repositories (like GitHub, GitLab...) is very bad, sometimes I need to close NetBeans and pull/push my code with a terminal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recoment to the other people that want to use NetBeans try first other products (other IDEs) because, maybe, you don't need a big program like this to develope the things you want. Sometimes, with a text processor with some plugins or addons could response much better than an IDE because it could be less heavy than it. Only one thing more, try it, it is free

It solves the problems about code because I can develop a lot of types of apps with only one program, and I don't need to open and close other programs to do this.

NetBeans review by <span>Carlos G.</span>
Carlos G.

"Buena opción para desarrollo de código"

What do you like best?

Si buscas un software sencillo, con no muchas opciones y que te sirva para varios lenguajes de programación, net beans es tu software.

Tiene buen funcionamiento y opciones, sin llegar al nivel de eclipse pero Eos en parte es su atractivo, ser una opción más básica e igual de útil. Es gratuito, lo que lo convierte en mejor opción si cabe.

What do you dislike?

No es compatible con lenguajes más raros de programación, peor implementación de control de versiones, no tantas actualizaciones, algunos errores de implementación. Son detalles, aunque en cualquier caso lo recomiendo, ya que no es un entorno de desarrollo top.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A ver, si me piden recomendar un software como este...te diría que que antes instalaria eclipse. No es que net beans sea malo, simplemente es algo más básico para proyectos pequeños o gente nueva.

Nos aporta más dinamismo en los entornos de desarrollo, aunque con eclipse cubrimos casi todos los casos, net beans nos da ese paso intermedio que quizás nos falta muchas veces. Aun siendo un paso intermedio, igual se queda corto en algunas funciones, pero no las echaremos de menos si damos un uso normal.

NetBeans review by <span>Mauricio Alexander R.</span>
Mauricio Alexander R.

"Excellent IDE especially for Java and Android"

What do you like best?

An IDE of a very complete technical quality, excellent for those who are beginning in the world of Java programming and for those of medium experience, the program has a high quality of plugins that will help you in the development process, with a excellent documentation that will help you find what you are looking for and how to use it, your garbage collector tool is one of the best features it offers, since it handles the automatic handling of memory, which to work with java is very, very important, has a good support when it comes to stopping errors and help in the aspect of indentation to maintain order when writing the code, I really recommend it a lot especially if you are starting.

What do you dislike?

It is slow to execute the applications, which is a bit annoying because you lose time during the tests, this has improved over time, but it is still a problem, besides this lack of portability you must install the JVM to be able to use it, so you should prepare a programming environment before using it, but lose a lot of portable because of this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is excellent for novices and medium professionals, since it helps you a lot in the development of applications, but for larger projects there may be better options.

It is an excellent IDE to start programming in Java or Android, it is very intuitive, the help in the errors help a lot and its documentation helps you to perfect it fast, excellent for new personnel that want to be productive immediately, really that a first program, and one of the most used in the world, make many know it beforehand, speeding up learning.

NetBeans review by <span>Jimi N.</span>
Jimi N.

" Excellent development environment"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent development environment that has several models to extend, what I like most is the prediction and the automatic help it has, it is a way that allows programming faster and with fewer errors.

Being openSource and free has an application with a lot of potential, that is, it helps you a lot with respect to the programming that you are carrying out ideally for all the people who are entering the first times in the world of programming.

What do you dislike?

the consumption of memory of my team would be something that I considered something that I do not like about the application but it is rather small compared to other environments that I have used. additional to it the following environment does not have many things that displease me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They must use it because it is an excellent product for the development of applications in different programming languages

With the application have solved thousands of commercial problems because with this environment it is much easier to program in java. The way it serves for development is very good.

This environment has allowed me to develop several uses in an effective and coherent way. This in my case is a very useful way to develop commercial applications at a level that allows obtaining benefits for different companies, universities and other sectors.

NetBeans review by <span>Ehsan A.</span>
Ehsan A.

"Netbeans on Windows: Heavy but it worths"

What do you like best?

First thing I should tell you is despite Netbeans developed by Java, it installs easily. It's Independent from windows components so it doesn't need to install distribution libraries and it just need java runtime libraries which no worries! installer makes it done for you.

Next thing is it supports multiple programming environments with history management which helps developer to undo the wrong decisions by comparison new codes with old ones. Git Visualization and version controlling provide several file status information tools that simplify the process of working with version-controlled files, including Color Coding and Annotations. Fast switch between history and source code improves your agilety.

Provides tools for creating and running unit tests and for profiling Java applications. Unit tests enable you to test the code in Java applications. Profiling is the process of examining an application to locate memory or performance-related issues.

The IDE provides the lots of tools to support the development of HTML5 for example Wizards for creating HTML5/JavaScript applications and files.

Capability of downloading libraries that is useful specially for java-script libraries like Jquery and etc.

Support plug-ins ans add-on.

Compatibility with composer for PHP.

Managing jellyfish or tomcat containers and other services which used for Java development inside IDE.

Accessing to maven instantly from IDE.

Accessing to cloud and docker instantly.

Database management from IDE which useful when don't you have other third party database management IDE installed on your computer.

What do you dislike?

Written in Java so it's so resource consuming specially in windows. Sometimes I don't find enough memory to run other applications or open new tab in internet browser.

And sometimes has lags in changing tabs specifically when I have several tabs of classes opened.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering to use noncommercial IDE which supports multiple programming languages, Netbeans would be a good option.

I'm a software developer which use several platforms and several languages simultaneously so Netbeans assisted me in write both Java and PHP without running other IDEs.

NetBeans review by <span>Devashish G.</span>
Devashish G.

"Best Text Editor "

What do you like best?

- Its available for free anyone can download it and install and use it.

- The overview of files and project files which it shows on right is awesome.

- Friendly

- It detects the error in code on compile time that's very nice feature, just user have to install the library of particular language he is coding.

- Compatible with web development tools i.e composer, npm

- Its Diff tool is awesome, helps in finding difference between two files easily.

What do you dislike?

- It takes time to load editor.

- Little slow as compare to other text editor.

- No color background change option available as other editor does.

- It takes more memory then other IDE

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes, i would like to recommend netbeans to others as it has quite good features and tools

I am a Drupal Developer and i need IDE to write code and i use NetBeans for writing code in different languages and its quietly good editor to use then other in market with lots of tools and new features available. It makes my job easy and speed up my task as well.

Management of files and code is very easy in netbeans when following MVC structure.

NetBeans review by <span>Bashir I.</span>
Bashir I.

"Good plugging and tools"

What do you like best?

I like the interface.

I also like the GUI feature, which I think it's something most people do. It makes tasks easier, rather than typing 5-6 lines of codes just create a textbox, button etc.

It is quite similar to VB drag and drop, even though the language differs of course.

with double clicks on the object, one can easily navigate to the exact line of codes for that button handle. It comes in handy when dealing with thousands of lines of codes.

Refactor even though available on other software is something really nice. saves you the trouble of dealing with names mismatch and individual renaming

What do you dislike?

It sometimes takes ages to load.

It might be due to the packages, but it sometimes is absolutely slow to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The naming of objects, e.g buttons, labels etc. If I delete an object the naming counter should restart. not continue. I understand sometimes, there might be issues even for the programmers/users, but this will save a lot of time and effort for the users

I use Netbeans for both my research and teaching.

I also use it for personal development of my skills in Java.

NetBeans review by <span>Suzanne S.</span>
Suzanne S.

"The Best First-Time IDE"

What do you like best?

Netbeans is very easy to install and use straight away, which is very beneficial for new coders. It is very good for advanced coders as well, for building projects with great Java 8 Constructs. There are a lot of bits for auto code completion. Offers great support for GUI code creation and support for Java, C++, HTML5, and PHP too. Overall it just provides great tools to generate different kinds of applications and the readiness of it is what makes it the best IDE in my opinion.

What do you dislike?

The debugger in Netbeans is not the best debugger out there. It does not provide as many features as Eclipse Luna etc, but it is a very good place to start.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a reason why it is one of the best IDEs out there for Java Developers, and all the features provided by netbeans are really helpful.

As an academic mentor, I always recommend my computer science students to use this. We also have developed a lot of automation scripts for our system, on Netbeans and I have found it to be a great help.

NetBeans review by <span>Jesus David V.</span>
Jesus David V.

"The best integrated development environment"

What do you like best?

What I like most about Netbeans, has Multi-platform language: The code that is written in java is read by an interpreter, so your program will walk on any platform, also has automatic memory management. (for those who come from C / C ++). Memory management is done automatically and using the garbage collector. It's Free !, you can develop develops dynamic web applications, also allows you to develop server applications for online forums, warehouses, surveys, HTML form processing and much more.

What do you dislike?

According to my experience, some of the problems I have found are: Due to its slowness when executing applications (although it has improved over time)

It requires an interpreter. Some implementations and libraries may have sophisticated code. A bad implementation of a program in java, can result in something very slow. Some tools have an additional costz

Recommendations to others considering the product

decrease or remove the costs of some tools that are very useful but charge for them.

I would recommend it to anyone who wants to start programming as it is very easy to learn to manage and program. Very useful and also has many tools that facilitate the work for us.

NetBeans review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Netbeans"

What do you like best?

-> Free and Open Source

->Powerful GUI Builder

->Profiling and Debugging Tools

->Dedicated Support Available

->Dynamic Language Support

What do you dislike?

1) I dislike that when I change the name of a field, e.g., I want to change "name" below to "type", NetBeans IDE doesn't change the getters and setters!

2) NetBeans IDE has "word wrap" (NetBeans IDE 7.0),

3) there is not a professional IDE for PHP.

4)NetBeans IDE is a little bit slow to load.

5)Takes up more memory than lighter IDEs

6) Advanced tools and features require some training.

7) It has version control, and many other advanced tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When I started programming I was using notepad++ and really liked it but as projects got bigger and bigger and I needed support for frameworks and other features I started search for IDE rather than code editor. In just last 3-4 months I have tried Aptana PHP, EclipsePDT, NuShpere PHPed, Zend Studio Eclipse, Komodo Edit but never fell in love with them. But i downloaded NetBeans 6.5 3 days ago and I am already in love with it. In all other IDEs one or another feature is missing or they are very resource hungry. There are features which are available in NetBeans free of cost but you have to pay huge money to get those in other IDEs.

NetBeans is designed to offer a smart and fast way for developers to code

Benefits have for business is

Cross-platform support

Code converters

NetBeans review by <span>Lutfi K.</span>
Lutfi K.

"simple use"

What do you like best?

It is very intuitive and easy to use. I think that this is a very good tool to program in java language. I recommend it mostly for first users who are searching a good platform to start to program with object oriented programming language.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to entering commands, when using object-oriented programming you must be entered manually before executing the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I only used NetBeans to program in java and my experience is very good. I recommend it for new users who started learning how to program.

I have used NetBeans to do programming projects in java language. NetBeans was my first platform where program in java languaje and at the start was a bit difficult to manage it, because it has to many options. But after 1 or 2 months using it i have to say that it is very easy to use.

NetBeans review by <span>Sanjeev K.</span>
Sanjeev K.

"Good Java EE IDE with fast speed, easy configuration, and plugins availability"

What do you like best?

Netbeans loads very fast compared to eclipse, has lots of plugins which are useful. Most often used in our office are CVS repository synchronizing plugin, eclipse java code formatter, and JBoss hibernate plugins. This application does not crash as often, and very stable with comparatively lowe ram usage.

What do you dislike?

Since we switched from eclipse, the user interface is a little different, and takes getting used to. Does not handle importing eclipse projects perfectly, even though it imported most of my projects, still had issue importing some projects when we switched from eclipse to netbeans.

we are a insurance software product company, and write Java enterprise software to create Web application. We use netbeans for writing the base java code, and maintain the code in CVS repository. We have obviously benefited from this free software, as it saved on license costs.

NetBeans review by User

"NetBeans is really simple to se and good for beginners"

What do you like best?

I have a soft spot for NetBeans as it is the software I used when I first started programming. I particularly like how easy it is to learn how to use NetBeans and Java is a language that is easy to jump into. NetBeans is powerful enough for a lot of beginner programming needs and it was a good introduction for me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the bland user interface and I feel like the graphics and aesthetics can definitely be revamped. I definitely think that more can be incorporated along the theme of Java/coffee (net)beans which will make the software appear more polished overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend NetBeans as a wonderful starting point for people that are considering learning programming. It is very easy to jump right into and to learn to use. In addition to being very intuitive, there are a lot of tutorials in NetBeans that makes it super easy to find the feature you are looking for.

Like I said earlier, it has enough processing power for most beginner programming needs and as the project my group wanted to develop wasn't that complicated, we didn't want to use a more complex software which will probably take longer to compile/test. Thus, it was really easy to run and test our project in NetBeans.

NetBeans review by <span>Sean W.</span>
Sean W.

"Not perfect, but my preferred Java IDE"

What do you like best?

Many people prefer other IDEs for Java, most notably Eclipse. However, I prefer the project folder management features of NetBeans over other Java IDEs I have tried.

What do you dislike?

NetBeans can be incredibly slow to start up. Generally, the speed isn't an issue once the IDE is up and running, but starting up can be a pain. Also, the Java intellisense could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for one tool to do all development in, covering different languages and platforms, NetBeans probably isn't the right choice. However, if you are looking exclusively for a Java development IDE, I personally recommend NetBeans.

We don't have a lot of Java code in our shop, but that code we do have, I prefer using NetBeans to support it.

NetBeans review by <span>Matthew B.</span>
Matthew B.

"Very Resource Intensive - but very capable"

What do you like best?

The wide capability and feature set especially for JAVA. I could use several versions of java, add documentations and setup all my application parameters from the GUI so that it could be run every time. Allowed me to always have a consistent and predictable behaviour/experience.

What do you dislike?

This is a resource hog and really drains my battery on every laptop and platform that I have tried. It loads super slow and and scans everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Debugging stack has the widest breadth and good community support.

I am a developer of hardware devices that speak to applications running in Java. I am able to run these applications remotely via ssh -X on linux and run it as if it were native to my machine. This is excellent for remote support.

NetBeans review by <span>Tanaka J.</span>
Tanaka J.

"Best IDE EVER!!"

What do you like best?

Netbeans is the best suited IDE to use for most programming languages if not any because of its support of many programming languages like C, C++, java, php, html,javascript etc just to mention a few.what i love about netbeans is that firstly the interface is quite user friendly and you can quite set it up the way you want to make programming hustle free.

What do you dislike?

Not much but maybe the dev team can add up more drag and drop features for people like me lol who likes drag and drops much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if dont have a favorite IDE or even if you do,just try Netbeans,you wont regret it

i use netbeans for making websites for my clients and it pretty much satisfies me especially with the code coloring.

NetBeans review by <span>Noel S.</span>
Noel S.

"Good IDE to begin a software developer"

What do you like best?

Netbeans is a lightweight and very powerful IDE. Its use is very simple, it also has multiple frameworks and helps when it comes to programming.

It is perfect both to start programming, and for small and even medium-sized companies dedicated to software development

What do you dislike?

For large projects, NetBeans is very short, since it costs a lot to load the projects and compile them. For this type of case it is better to use Eclipse.

With NetBeans I have managed to create projects with different technologies, such as:

- JSP

- JPA

- Hibernate

- Spring

For my work I have been very helpful in getting what I wanted

NetBeans review by <span>Markus J.</span>
Markus J.

"An Excellent "Beginners Platform""

What do you like best?

In my earlier years, I used Netbeans heavily in order to properly learn the ins and outs of java development. What it is best for is simplicity and it ease of use, and unfortunately, not much else.

What do you dislike?

The problem with Netbeans is that it does not offer a lot of room for growth for professionals. It offers good tools for beginners only, and quickly becomes a clunky and disorganized IDE. For the beginners and interns, I recommend this IDE, otherwise, look elsewhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be honest with yourself in considering if you are a so called "beginner" or expert. If you would consider yourself a beginner, then this is the perfect IDE for you.

Netbeans has been used primarily for integrated Java solutions on some of the hardware that we produce. The largest benefit it provides is simply getting our entry level developers on board, and offering them a reasonable IDE to start doing work with. Otherwise, as I said previously, we try to get them to move on to something better (see eclipse)

NetBeans review by <span>Carla B.</span>
Carla B.

"Great IDE editor."

What do you like best?

Excellent platform to use Java. It has many functions performed automatically reducing the time of code development. It has many keyboard shortcuts that are very useful. allows to search for specific words throughout our code, thus reducing the time to detect any error. It allows to visualize the logs immediately.

What do you dislike?

It's a slow thing to start. The load on the CPU is too high, especially when working with relatively large projects. Is difficult to learn to program in, is made for professionals and not for novices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn to use all the properties and tools that provide benefits and get the most out of it and benefit

Collaborate and help with the results of a friendly tool and with an interface that tests its structure and location with details. I reduce my work time to the goal of a stable connection to the different servers.

NetBeans review by <span>Ankit D.</span>
Ankit D.

"among the best IDE for c++ and java"

What do you like best?

The background integration and compilation that allows for functions to be suggested as soon as any header file/ class file is included. Suggestions for variables are quick and precise. The ability to compress function definitions of multiple lines, into one line is pretty cool. makes the code look simple and easier to understand.

What do you dislike?

If we are using a function , the arguments that it takes are not immediately put in. (One of the things visual studio takes an edge). We have to wait till build to see if a function had any lack of arguments. The while on black gets pretty dull after a while. More colouring and fonts, like some used on atom can make the coding a bit more fun.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a old school code, who like to see things as it is, without a lot of abstraction. This is definitely one of the best solutions.

Building applications on Cloud server using java. Other than that, small projects on data structure designs and data base implementation designs. One of the major benefits is how the bulk of the code is compiles so well and quickly. The debuggers like GDB included are easier to use. Breakpoint setups are simple. All there are paramount in base code building because of the amount of errors that exists in the code, if it is starting from scratch. It also needs to be compiled a lot of times. Including various libraries is also pretty simple and fast.

NetBeans review by <span>Amit B.</span>
Amit B.

"Pros and cons of Development IDE Net Beans "

What do you like best?

firstly it is Open source and easy to download and use.This IDE provides end-to-end solution for all java development platform including latest standard version.Along with that it is not limited to java language here it is having prospective for python,c++,java script and more. it is having powerful GUI builder also using swing GUI design tool we can easily design a user interface by dragging and dropping different components.It auto completed code and suggest developers a list of code fragments to choose from when they type.This is very structure is comparison to other IDE. It is having debugging feature also which is very helpful.It provides lot of sample code which help a lot start a project from scratch and Extending the platform and its swing based foundation saved development time and optimizes the performance.Along with is having a large open source community and good customer support they are always ready to resolve you any issue.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit slow and take more time to load they can make it bit lighter with upgraded version.Another thing i feel like while running in debug mode it works very slow and hangs a bit this also need up-gradation.In net beans there is only one view for all prospective like for java , javafx and more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your working in some development project definitely you can go with this it is having lot of plugins and good auto suggestion feature.specially if you are working on Javafx then it is best in comparison to other IDE in market.

we use Net Beans IDE for our daily development work in our project mostly we use to develop Java and Javafx language to develop applications.Specially for Javafx it have lot of inbuilt functionality,plugins and sample codes.

NetBeans review by <span>brian yamanue b.</span>
brian yamanue b.

"Professional Tool for JAVA/PHP"

What do you like best?

The best of using netbeans its the really easy interface, it can be your first time using it, but you quickly find your way around. You can customize your workflow with the plugins and even the interface can be change to adapt it to your needs. Once you set up your netbeans you can switch easily betweens projects even if they are in diferent languages. Programm in PHP, then switch to JAVA and then to C/C# without close the IDE. For some people it can be somewhat dificult to master this IDE but once you do it you don't need another one!

What do you dislike?

Only a few thing i dislike from Netbeans, but that's not something you can surpass with a little of effort, for example for a new user can be overwhelming the amount of tools you have to use and you end it spending more time learning to use the IDE than coding, Also you need a relative newer machine to use the IDE with no issue about performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need a decent machine or it would be a nightmare to work, Always check for updates. Try to not mix with another IDE or at least your projects

Manage my project never been easier, i can track any change and always know that what i'm doing at me local server will work just fine in production. I can share really easy any project with my other coleages with no problem whatsoever. Also it's the sintax helper allow me to focus and make my algorithm more eficient in less time making me a more productive programmer, really cool for a freelance coder like me :)

NetBeans review by <span>Purva B.</span>
Purva B.

"Integrated environment for Java development and development"

What do you like best?

Most developers believe that Netanjahu is just an add-on, but that's not true.This is an IDE in different languages ​​like PHP Javascript, JavaFX, C / C ++..Developers can help their products develop more efficiently and quickly.Best of all, I like NetBans; it is an open source source available on NetBans ID and NetBan's site and will be available for playback under the terms and policies..

What do you dislike?

Every developer hates debugging.Yes, debugging NetBeans is slower than other IDEs, improving and using memory.It requires a lot of storage on other light IDEs, although this is a very powerful development platform, but there is still room for improving memory usage..

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're starting out, NetBeses IDE is a great choice for Java, Java, PHP,.It is available for almost all major operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Mac OS / X.Netbeans is, in my experience, very easy to use.

Netbeans has many integrated development methods, especially for Java.It works very well for high-quality products.Since development requires every package, the network is very useful in block development..

NetBeans review by <span>Salman K.</span>
Salman K.

"A must have IDE for any type of Java development ."

What do you like best?

Netbeans provide Auto complete,Bracket Matching and Cross platform .

Netbeans provide framework support . Drag and drop .

GUI designing is very simple using Netbeans .

Maven and git are supported. This is a must have feature for any IDE .

What do you dislike?

Loading time - It is too slow .

Booting time - It is too slow on my laptop .

Lack of Snippets

Google App-Engine Support - No

It takes more memory Advance tools and features require some training beforehand .

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best IDE to work on, probably ranked 2 for best Java IDE. Provides code completion, just learn the shortcuts .

I definitely recommend it to everyone . Go for it .

I am a freelance developer and NetBeans has easy to use Swing GUI tool which helps to build user interfaces just through drag and drop which saves my time on frontend .

Optimizing code is easy done using NetBeans as it continously debugs and give hints. This is a good feature .

NetBeans review by <span>Richard G.</span>
Richard G.

" performs Netbeans projects"

What do you like best?

What I like about Netbeans is that it is free software, totally free and without restrictions of use, in which I can design from web pages to 3D projects. also this software has very extensive programming language and extensive libraries to execute many actions within the project that is being built.

What do you dislike?

the truth I do not dislike anything of this application, it seems very complete and efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you to do previous studies or to see tutorials before using NetBeans since it is a very complete software and with its level of difficulty.

Netbeans has helped me in my degree project, since I had to create a 3D platform of an industry process, and I managed to give color, extura, and movement to each created object, so I could give it that realism and originality I was looking for.

NetBeans review by <span>Simão A.</span>
Simão A.

"Great for Application Development"

What do you like best?

NetBeans is the perfect application for software development. Firstly because it is cross platform which allows all your team to develop through the same software whether you are working on Windows, Linux or Mac OS. It is also a free application which brings added value to the financial choice of the company. It has an appealing and easy-to-work look. It has a huge community to discuss small bugs that sometimes still have to be fixed. It always supports the latest Java versions and here is is this application excels in Java development.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I hate but I think the part of the user interface could be improved and evolved into something more appealing and modern. While doing this update could also review the ease with which access to some features that are sometimes hidden.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In the matter of price vs quality, I think there is no match to match. NetBeans has a very good quality for free IDE. And do not think that being free is less than the other competitors, it does a very good job and it is a great choice in the market.

It is not about solving problems with this software but rather creating all the content that a software development company faces. In the days that run a company already has so many expenses with so many licenses that save on the main program of development is a giant savings for the company.

NetBeans review by <span>Carey D.</span>
Carey D.

"Netbeans - Fullstack LAMP IDE"

What do you like best?

I use Netbeans both for my Windows and Linux machines, I have been using Netbeans about four years ago and have tried similar PHP IDE's but I always end up with Netbeans. One thing is am very familiar and also an IDE that is very flexible with advance features. Netbeans is very configurable, from themes, font sizes, code collapsing, code hinter, code explorer, many features that I love and it works best.

What do you dislike?

One issue I got with Netbeans is that it consumes memory, well the benefits outweighs the disadvantages> You need a memory of 4Gigabytes or more to get a functional development environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a truly solid IDE for Web Development using PHP stack, In my honest opinion Netbeans would be the best solution, It is free, no annual fees, great support.

I have many clients with different frameworks, with Netbeans I can configure the code formatting style. I need also an IDE that supports version control, specially reviewing code changes in different formats.

NetBeans review by <span>Maria G.</span>
Maria G.

"Powerfull development enviroment JAVA and PHP, Javascript without too much complex"

What do you like best?

Is a versátil tool, is a lightweight but powerful software to develop in programming languajes such as Java and PHP or JavaScript and HTML, you can complete features, adding plugins. All without destroy your computer like others more complex development enviroments. I recommend you to use it.

What do you dislike?

i cant say anything bad about it, because it was ok for everything that i needed, but i donk know every features of the program so i dont want to say anything that is not true

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a very interesting IDE when you usually develop in java or php, it is open source and there is a big community supporting the program

Developing java, developing php and javascript, without too big hardware resources. I was surprised that all a complete development enviroment was working in my small laptop

NetBeans review by <span>fredrick M.</span>
fredrick M.

"mother of all IDES"

What do you like best?

I have been using netbeans since i was in college for my assignments and i just fell in loved about it,was the fact that it catered for all my programming needs,i could do web,java,c/c+ using one ide and it worked wonders and the best part is that its free.one of my favorite features is code hinting which really helps when programming under pressure

What do you dislike?

well i love almost everything about it,i only had few problems when i upgraded fro 7 to 8 it was taking long to open and dragging a bit maybe because of my system specs,was using a dual core

Recommendations to others considering the product

Netbeans is the real deal when it comes to efficient programming regardless of the programming language

web development,application development

NetBeans review by <span>Avinash K.</span>
Avinash K.

"One of the best IDE for Java Application Development"

What do you like best?

The GUI builder is simply the best. The learning curve is not too high.It's interface is simple than others.

It has tools for PHP , c/c++ , html , css , js etc.

It gives hints and autosuggestion to the user whenever possible.

Inbuilt JDK and GIT is a plus.

JavaFX tools.

Available on many platforms so I can use it on my ubuntu laptop as well as PC.

It supports Postgre SQL

What do you dislike?

Things I don't like about Netbeans -

It's booting time is a bit slow.

Learning curve is a bit high.

Requires less RAM.

I only have a single view. Debugger and compiler too slow.

No workspace feature.

Less number of third party plugins available.

It is getting old.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn keyboard shortcuts. It takes a little time but saves a lot of time afterwards.

It is one of the best available modern IDE's. No prerequisites. You can go for it.

I provide simple software solutions to individuals looking forward to automate their tasks.

The time taken to develop an app is less as the learning and developing curve is low.

For developing small GUI applications, the drag and drop feature is a bliss as it saves a lot of time on frontend developing end.

This is an IDE which supports version control which helps in code reviews.

NetBeans review by <span>mahendra d.</span>
mahendra d.

"great and very intensive IDE for JAVA/PHP development"

What do you like best?

I could use several versions of java in Netbeans, it has very easy interface and we can switch between our different projects easily,i have been using this IDE for 10 years and it is great boon for JAVA developers like me and it has built in suggestions for functions and attributes related to your object in object oriented programming.

What do you dislike?

it usually takes long time for startup process, it is not very user interactive and hard to learn, it crashes sometimes when you develop complex applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Netbeans to anyone who wants to build a desktop, mobile or web application in java/PHP

i used to make all my java applications in Netbeans for my company.

NetBeans review by <span>Estrella Y.</span>
Estrella Y.

"NetBeans, perfect for any level of developer"

What do you like best?

Netbeans is a very complete IDE, you are starting in the Java language or you are an expert, it always responds in an excellent way, I used it in my java beginnings and it was very complete and intuitive which helped me a lot in my apprenticeship, the sample of errors, refactoring and debugg helped me a lot in the problems when i was developing, its architecture and tools are very useful when it comes to programming and as I was taking experience felt that netbeans grew with me, finding new pluggins that They were very useful as they were presenting more difficult problems, which is why I find a perfect IDE both to start in Java and for experts in the language.

What do you dislike?

Although it is a very complete IDE as you move forward you find small things that should be improved, such as:

When you work with large projects, sometimes it presents crashing problems, this is very annoying, since it can make you lose hours of work, or cut good ideas that you had at the moment, in a high competence IDE this should not happen.

When handling large projects load times take too much time, this slows down the work and causes unnecessary delays, should improve this, because despite the fact that the program has a high consumption of memory, presents these drawbacks.

I would like it to have better skins, much more editable at the design level, more customizable for every taste.

Add more keyboards shortcuts, this is vital for an expert.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an IDE that serves both novice and expert, or accompany you throughout your career as a Java developer, Netbeans is what you are looking for, very complete, with the tools and pluggins that you will need.

When the need arose to have a very complete but free IDE, the answer was Netbeans, it allows you to supply the needs of novice programmers who are in the learning stage in Java, but at the same time be very complete and with all the tools and necessary plugins for an expert, having a varied team in netbeans expertise was a great help.

NetBeans review by <span>Tendai Frank Z.</span>
Tendai Frank Z.

"Great lightweight Java IDE that covers the gamut."

What do you like best?

I like that it's lightweight as opposed to that other IDE and that it has good support for integrating my own existing libraries. The visual form designer is very useful as well.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found much that I dislike. I used to not like the control it imposes over folder structure but I've accept it as a necessary evil that I have to live with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it! You won't regret it!

For me, the "problem" Netbeans solves is quick to market applications that require GUI. Otherwise, I'd most likely use a text editor and ant. Another advantage is the debugger which is very useful. Even when I write library code, I will sometimes pull up NetBeans to do my testing when needed.

NetBeans review by <span>Bhanu Bhakta S.</span>
Bhanu Bhakta S.

"Usage of Netbeans for software development"

What do you like best?

Netbeans is really good Integrated Development Environment for development of various projects. It supports a lot of languages like Java, PHP, Scala, C, C++ and many more. There is also a feature where you can add additional development plugins like development SDK for android and many more. The code highliting, code completion, code reformatting, code refactoring suggestions are the best parts of Netbeans I like much. Overall I highly like Netbeans for development and highly recommend it.

What do you dislike?

Well there are not the things I can think of which I dislike. But I think that the Integrated Development Environment is little bit heavy and it takes time to load. Also it consumes little bit more memory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Netbeans is really good for software development. There are a lot of features in Netbeans that will increase your productivity highly. I highly recommend you to use Netbeans. Believe me, this tool is really awesome.

Like I said I used eclipse for development of enterprise software applications in Java, PHP or C++.

It is really beneficial to boost your productivity.

NetBeans review by <span>Renju J.</span>
Renju J.

"A balance between IntelliJ and Eclipse IDEs - Free to try"

What do you like best?

It is a free product like Eclipse and it is heavily supported by Oracle which makes is quite reliable. Also, Netbeans brought support for Java 8 much before Eclipse and this might happen for future Java versions as well.

What do you dislike?

The community activity for NetBeans is much less when compared to Eclipse.

Also, since it has been acquired by Oracle, there is a big chance that it might lose its major backing if oracle abandons the project.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider it for quick projects or if you feel Eclipse is a bit bloated with loads of plugins. Also, check for the release compatibility with Java 9.

Frankly, it doesn't add any more value to a Project that Eclipse is incapable of doing. The only impact would have been early support for Java 8 which might have made some teams switch to Netbeans.

NetBeans review by <span>Mohit S.</span>
Mohit S.

"Easy to use IDE especially for Java Development"

What do you like best?

The NetBeans IDE is very effective to boost your productivity especially when you are doing Java development. However, NetBeans is not limited to Java only, but also work very well with other technologies, such as PHP, Groovy, JavaScript, and many more... Though NetBeans comes with many useful features, but some of them I like are:

1.) Works OOTB: NetBeans works out of the box. You don't really need to install Java or any pther software to make netbeans works. Just download the executable and install it and you should be good to go.

2.) Open Source: Unlike IntelliJ, NetBeans is open source that means you can simply get the source code and play with it.

3.) A powerful GUI builder: The GUI Builder, NetBeans provide is very powerful. You can create complex layout by just drag and drop.

4.) Support all latest and old java version.

5.) Debugging tools and customizable projects.

What do you dislike?

The plugin development is a downside of NetBeans. For this, I like eclipse more than NetBeans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would certainly recommend Netbeans to people.

I am using it for day to day software development using Java..

NetBeans review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Satisfied Netbeans user as Java EE developer"

What do you like best?

I have used NetBeans as an individual for Java code development to maintain finance advisor systems. I have the program installed on my work laptop as well as my personal computers for learning projects. I like auto code completion, just start typing some code and the program will fill in the code.Also Side by side code comparison right in the interface is helpful.Also it is free to use.

What do you dislike?

If you have too many projects open, NetBeans takes quite a while to load inititally. I just wish it was a bit faster in code-completion (for a fast typewriter, sometimes waiting for "indexes", "view buildng", "scanning for external changes" etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I suggest to work hard on re-engineering / fixing performance issues. Modern Computer Generation demands that performance out of crashing, hanging .

Rapid application development, very easy to integrate testing plugins ans executing test cases.This has helped me in solving production issues by using debugging functionality of insurance systems.

NetBeans review by <span>Gurpiyar S.</span>
Gurpiyar S.

"Good IDE for java application development"

What do you like best?

I have very good experience while working with java. Developing codes for java applications is very easy because of simple interface and management on code on front screen. Command suggestions provides ease for beginners to develop codes with less difficulty.

What do you dislike?

It takes lots of time to load and also uses lots of memory. It also requires high end configuration computers like bigger processor, more cock speed, more RAM etc to run this application. Due to its high end configuration computers requirements sometimes it puts you computer in hang state.

Developments of codes for my java applications and also for my practice purposes while teaching to others.

NetBeans review by <span>Alberto J.</span>
Alberto J.

"Best IDE"

What do you like best?

Supports a lot of languages and it have an intuitive interface. The integration with app servers or web containers its awesome, for example with Glassfish.

What do you dislike?

NetBeans have some bugs with the errors of the code. It has many plugins that you will never get to use and therefore it makes it a bit slow when using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Netbeans is superior to the competition and the performance is second to none.

I developed an application for other company using NetBeans. This application was developed in app servers like Glassfish, that it has a very good integration.

NetBeans review by <span>Gerson C.</span>
Gerson C.

"IDE Netbeans"

What do you like best?

My experience with NetBeans was very good and complete, it is a very complete iDE that is perfect for the first steps in Java EE and SE, this is because it is a relatively simple program, with the necessary tools for a complete development, since simpler to more complex things, is very intuitive in its interface, has a variety of plugins and has good architecture, there are many features that will take you to enjoy a great tool to program and develop.

It is totally free, this is a very important value, since it is a very complete and worked program, which is very helpful for the entrepreneurs of java

What do you dislike?

They should improve the consumption of memory, since sometimes where the program is not being used much in the same way the memory consumption is very high, if you do not have a good computer this can bring many inconveniences to the developers.

They should improve the support for other programming languages, since when it is a language other than Java it does not have almost support or is not very complete.

Improve deployments

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to start in the Java language this may be the IDE with which you can start.

Do not use it for any language other than Java.

Download the latest version.

As for IDE it is better to develop when you are a beginner in Java, since it is very intuitive and precise, being one of the best for beginnings

NetBeans review by <span>KAUSHIK S.</span>
KAUSHIK S.

"Netbeans A great IDE but costly"

What do you like best?

I began learning java advancement and J2ME improvement and WeApp advancement utilizing netbeans in my school days. Its the best IDE for understudies to begin getting the hang of programming, to begin taking in the undertaking advancement. It has for the most part all the programming dialects included which are renowned now a days.

What do you dislike?

With the progression of time and with the utilization and the formation of undertakings the IDE is getting increasingly stacked and moderate. This is a shortcoming of IDE. After some time and with the utilization and making of undertakings the IDE is getting increasingly stacked and moderate. This is a shortcoming of IDE. Regardless it needs to develop in numerous different focuses, for example, reliance administration, the visual interface and the formation of interface itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I prescribe netbeans for little and medium activities. There are still a few assets for overseeing extensive ventures. Be that as it may, it's incredible for little tasks and instructive purposes. To take in a dialect it is incredible in light of the fact that the code is gathered as the engineer composes. This makes life less demanding for the individuals who need to compose codes.

For the advancement of little applications, which don't utilize numerous assets and that has simple web reconciliation, netbeans is awesome, both in venture administration and in code improvement. It abandons a few focuses to be wanted with regards to making the visual utilizing the IDE itself yet at the same time has a few points of interest, for example, simplicity of use movement.

NetBeans review by <span>Amruta G.</span>
Amruta G.

"Great tool for Developers"

What do you like best?

NetBeans is an amazingly capable coding IDE. A portion of the best highlights incorporate coordinated FTP support adjustable to particular tasks, the capacity to include bolster for programming dialects and systems on request and a simple to utilize condition.

Another extraordinary element is the capacity to open different code sets at one time. This permits reorder between documents in all ventures rather than only one.

There is additionally a lot of ability to look and supplant over different documents inside a task, utilize constant logging and investigating and construct reenacted runtime situations.

What do you dislike?

The greater part of the modules can be incorporated and are bolstered, however some are not (as they are group based). One such module is Ruby (that needs some help from Netbeans).

Additionally, a few activities can be ease back to stack and can take a touch of PC memory to process the tasks. Memory ought to be speedier when running any undertaking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

On the off chance that you have to create in Java or HTML/CSS/JavaScript/PHP then I suggest attempting NetBeans unless you as of now have a decent arrangement and cost isn't an issue.

In case you're comfortable with Eclipse however tired of the drowsiness and many-sided quality, try NetBeans out.

I have utilized Netbeans for little kind of Java venture.

My first utilized IDE was Netbeans and I got assortment of advantages by utilizing it. Code auto fulfillment, auto proposal for variable sort, auto space, auto administration of Multiple dialect was the best highlights I got.

NetBeans review by <span>Julio Cesar N.</span>
Julio Cesar N.

"My prefered IDE"

What do you like best?

I like how netbeans make easy my daily software development. it's very flexible allowing to install new plugins easily and start projects of several types quickly. The integration with get provides a great agility in the process (commits, push, pull, etc). Also integrations with Paas services like JElastic is great!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it gets slow and starts consuming a lot of memory. The startup is also a little bit slow, specially when loading the opened projects.Older versions used to close it self with no reason, but this don't happen to me anymore.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool for Java EE development, one of the top 3 in the market today, If you are developer Netbeans is great and powerful IDE and you should give it a try.

Netbeans has been one of the most used tools by our development team, specially in projects based on Java and NodeJS. It's integrations with Maven, Git and Pass platforms like JElastisc, helped improve our productivity in development. Debugging is efficient witch make possible clear bugs in able time.

NetBeans review by <span>Ronak S.</span>
Ronak S.

"Not Open Source Like Eclipse but a good tool for JAVA develpers"

What do you like best?

The best of utilizing netbeans its the truly simple interface, it can be your first time utilizing it, however you rapidly discover your way around. You can redo your work process with the modules and even the interface can be change to adjust it to your requirements. When you set up your netbeans you can switch effortlessly betweens extends regardless of the possibility that they are in diferent dialects. Programm in PHP, at that point change to JAVA and after that to C/C# without close the IDE. For a few people it can be fairly dificult to ace this IDE however once you do it you needn't bother with another!

What do you dislike?

Just a couple of thing I loathe from Netbeans, yet that is not something you can outperform with a tad bit of exertion, for instance for another client can overpower the measure of toolsyou need to utilize and you end it investing more energy figuring out how to utilize the IDE than coding, Also you require a relative more up to date machine to utilize the IDE with no issue about execution.

For me, the issue Netbeans illuminates rushes to advertise applications that require GUI. Else, I'd no doubt utilize a word processor and ant. Another preferred standpoint is the debugger which is extremely valuable. Notwithstanding when I compose library code, I will some of the time pull up NetBeans to do my testing when required.

NetBeans review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"NetBeans IDE and my first commercial development experience"

What do you like best?

NetBeans has syntax highlighting, code transitions, a wide range of possibilities when writing code. Netbeans is undoubtedly the best IDE environment from all the environments I've worked with, it has a minimal amount of errors, it requires almost no training. NetBeans is easy to unzip and install. The user interface is intuitive, and drag-and-drop panels are easy to learn. An HTTP monitor that really works saves a lot of time. IDE allows you to create tests with wizards and templates for popular testing platforms JUnit and TestNG. NetBeans will help you become a more professional developer. It helps you do your work, and it helps you do it well.

What do you dislike?

When the specialists of our company used IDE NetBeans in 2013 to implement the project site of the company, it did not work with the chosen technology to implement the project, namely with Ruby (unfortunately I do not remember the version of Ruby)

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is my first experience in using IDE for commercial purposes and it turned out to be extremely positive and productive! At the same time, I was the developer, then the project manager for all.

NetBeans fully covers all business processes in web projects using the PHP programming language. The advantages are simplicity of development, support of the project, testing of modules. I advise you to pay attention not only to developers, but also to project managers. Netbeans very good at handling large projects/

NetBeans review by <span>Shreya D.</span>
Shreya D.

"Netbeans - A powerful tool to develop mobile, desktop and web applications"

What do you like best?

I have been using Netbeans for almost year and a half now. It's an easy to use IDE to develop any kind of application like mobile, web or a desktop. It also comes with version control management so it's easy to keep track of the changes done. It has an easy to use design tool with drag and drop options to build the required GUI of an application. It also provides auto-completion of code which saves a lot of time and syntax errors are avoided.

What do you dislike?

It crashes sometimes when you are trying to develop complex applications with lots of GUI design components. It's slow and takes a while to load initially. Takes up more memory when compared to some of the other IDEs. The debugger in Netbeans a bit slow. Refactoring feature also needs some improvement. Netbeans has only one view for different applications unlike some of the other IDEs like Eclipse which has a different view for development of different applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Netbeans to anyone who wants to build a desktop, mobile or web application. It has an easy to use interface with drag and drop options which makes building applications much more easy.

I'm using Netbeans to develop desktop and web application. The applications were easy to develop, debug, deploy and run. It was easier to build a desktop application with Netbeans using its design tool which had lots of options like textboxes, radio buttons, drop-down box.

NetBeans review by <span>Andrew H.</span>
Andrew H.

"NetBeans, the other Java super IDE"

What do you like best?

In my experience, I've used NetBeans, Eclipse, and JetBrains IDEs for various Java projects. Up front, NetBeans is the one I least like, but I will get into that later. The best features I can think of are that the availability of built in tools over the other two. I mean that NetBeans will come out-of-the-box with certain features that JetBrains or Eclipse would require an extension. Don't get me wrong, the other two have just as many built in features that NetBeans doesn't have as well. I gave NetBeans a recommendation of 5 because I would give the other two a 5 too. This is because I would tell a friend or colleague that choosing between the 3 involves weighing each against what their project requires.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the most about NetBeans the interface. The default colors and themes just are as impressive or modern as those of its competitors. Other than that, it is a completely competent tool for Java programming. In my person experience, Eclipse has better support for C++ than NetBeans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to gauge what features your Java project require and see how NetBeans measures up. If you are a stickler for the look and feel of your IDE, then you might want to look at Eclipse and JetBrains.

I last used NetBeans to tutor and benefited from the included Derby database that required very little setup to start testing.

NetBeans review by <span>Parth S.</span>
Parth S.

"Netbeans basic IDE for Java Developers"

What do you like best?

Netbeans stacks quick contrasted with eclipse, has heaps of modules which are helpful. Regularly utilized as a part of our office are CVS storehouse synchronizing module, eclipse java code formatter, and JBoss rest modules. This application does not crash as frequently, and extremely stable with relatively bring down smash use.

What do you dislike?

Since we changed from eclipse, the UI is somewhat unique, and takes getting used to. Does not deal with bringing in eclipse tasks impeccably, despite the fact that it imported the greater part of my projects, still had issue bringing in a few projects when we changed from eclipse to netbeans.

we are a protection programming item organization, and compose Java endeavor programming to make Web application. We utilize netbeans for composing the base java code, and keep up the code in CVS storehouse. We have clearly profit by this free programming, as it saved money on permit costs.

NetBeans review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Great Software Great Value"

What do you like best?

It's super nice that the product is free to use and has tons of plugins. Easy to use is a plus as well. Plus it is also free to use and you can write in a variety of languages.

What do you dislike?

Some things are a bit clunky because there are a lot of plugin from various authors. Also it doesn't support some 3rd parties the best like. Asana, it has difficulty communicating with it sometimes or at all other times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Value. Give it a try, would highly recommend! It has a lot o features others do not. and it's also a good software to practice on because of all the plugins

Affordable IDE. This is a great editor/IDE for anymore looking at maybe doing coding. Has tons of integrations and plugins available from 3rd parties to allow it to have a lot of features other don't

NetBeans review by <span>Bill S.</span>
Bill S.

"NetBeans does almost everything"

What do you like best?

NetBeans is an incredibly powerful coding IDE. Some of the best features include integrated FTP support customizable to specific projects, the ability to add support for programming languages and frameworks on demand and a very easy to use environment.

Another great feature is the ability to open multiple code sets at one time. This allows cut and paste between files in all projects instead of just one.

There is also quite a bit of capability to search and replace across multiple files within a project, use real-time logging and debugging and build simulated runtime environments.

What do you dislike?

On occasion NetBeans will "glitch" when you open a file. This can be extremely problematic when the software is trying to reopen a project you previously worked on and then it freezes up. In most occasions it has eventually opened up but it can take awhile (upwards of 5 minutes).

A second issue to be aware of is when the FTP sync fails to the server. It will prompt you to disable FTP for the current session but this usually involves multiple popups which is annoying. When this occurs it's very easy for your fileset to get out of sync.

While it has some WYSIWYG features this area could be better. If you use an external viewer you will be fine. This is not the case for things like Android which it does handle well internally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NetBeans is diffidently meant for experienced programmers. If you are a beginner it is best to take some time to learn about the product because it's not intuitive. Once you are an experienced programmer it's one of the best because it's quick and simple.

We needed a good IDE for developing on multiple web frameworks and languages. With NetBeans we are able to code on PHP and HTML projects, JavaScript, Angular JS and Android Java all in one environment. This makes this very easy and is much better than having different IDE's for different languages. Also the product is opensource so it's free.

NetBeans review by <span>Anuradha W.</span>
Anuradha W.

"My favourite IDE for Java development"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is free and still maintained by a large community of contributors. Netbeans is my favourite IDE for Java development. Netbeans has come a long way from its previous versions. There are plenty of 3rd party plugins available as well. Also, I find it very helpful because a lot of external resources such as video tutorials for developments are based on NetBeans IDE.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the IDE stops responding to some commands and it feels a little heavy. But restarting the IDE always fixes these issues. I believe they could use some modern themes to improve the look and feel of the UI. Also, the IDE takes a little longer to load when you start the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We would definitely recommend Netbeans for anyone looking forward to doing Java development. It is easy to use and requires little or no configuration at all during first use. The Intelli sense feature and code formatting is very smooth and makes coding more fun. There are many shortcuts you could configure on your own, and the colours of the editor and other panes can easily be changed. Last but not least, Java SWING application developments are best supported by Netbeans.

We use Netbeans for our day to day software and services development activities. This is our main IDE for Java based developments. Availability of 3rd party plugins is a big benefit for us, which helps coding easier.

NetBeans review by <span>Bill R.</span>
Bill R.

"A full-featured multi-language multi-platform IDE at a great price"

What do you like best?

Price

Runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris (written in Java)

Extendable with plugins

Supports many development languages (I primarily use for Java, PHP, HTML & CSS, but C/C++ and JavaScript are also supported)

Can build Maven projects

Can upload files via FTP & SFTP

Graphical Swing UI editor is available as a plugin

JUnit integration

Faster than Eclipse

What do you dislike?

Tends to run out of memory after long periods of use without restarting

Gets sluggish when near memory limit

Doesn't seem able to rebuild a project dependency only when changed (Java)

Currently hangs on restart unless I restart OS (NetBeans 8.0.2, Xubuntu 14.04)

Multiple file search feature is slow

Hard to exclude some folders in project tree from searching

Bookmarks are sequential (can't go directly to multiple bookmarks using varying key combinations, like CTRL+0-9)

Can't sort tabs alphabetically

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to develop in Java or HTML/CSS/JavaScript/PHP then I recommend trying NetBeans unless you already have a good solution and cost isn't an issue.

If you're familiar with Eclipse but tired of the sluggishness and complexity, give NetBeans a try.

I use it to build Java projects

I use it to build PHP/HTML/CSS projects

I save money by not buying a PHP IDE or a Java IDE

I can develop my projects in Windows or Linux

By developing projects in Linux, I can have a customized VM configured for each project without paying for Windows licenses

NetBeans review by <span>Patrick C.</span>
Patrick C.

"A real Maker feel for your open source software"

What do you like best?

It's open source and the community is really helpful. It also can emulate the full stack for you, which is helpful for smaller applications.

What do you dislike?

The community contributions (plugins) can be unreliable. Fragmentation can make it hard to troubleshoot because small version differences sometimes make usually big incompatibilities or changes in documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan to use it, consider using a stack that is built in for full benefit. This is too heavy for just hand coding with some completion and syntax checking.

This is still our go to IDE for most projects, though we don't boot it up to make small changes.

NetBeans review by <span>Eduardo M.</span>
Eduardo M.

"Programing like it should be"

What do you like best?

I havent use this software as much as I would like, I just decided not to program anymore, but when I started using this software, it promises a lot, it haves plenty of tools to help you programing

What do you dislike?

there is nothing that I remember that I would dislike about this software, is not perfect thats for sure, but its not necesary a software impossible to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing, Like I said, im not that of a expert in the software, but i know about of programming and the few months that I spend with this software it sure represent alot of what most compilers should aim for, simple of use, and that helps with while programming.

in business relation, none, besides the fact that is used to program in diferent languages, but mainly (if I recall correctly) java (orientated to objects)

NetBeans review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Netbeans is clunky at best, will make you want to fling your laptop out the window at worst."

What do you like best?

I like that I don't have to deal with running everything separately, and that it's quite powerful. I also like the ability to change the display colors, but you can do that in pretty much any IDE. I honestly don't have a lot of positive things to say about it.

What do you dislike?

Eats my laptop's resources like candy. Tends to have buggy behavior. Can be painfully, mindnumbingly slow at times. It randomly will lock up, sometimes forgets which windows to have open by default, some of the plugins I used to use in other IDEs don't work the same, did I mention it totally eats my laptop's memory and also likes to hog the disc? It also made my last laptop overheat regularly. The UX design needs work, a lot of things aren't intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use something else. Not a day goes by at work that I don't curse this program. However, it IS free, so there's that.

I don't really know if it solves any business problems. I use it for primarily front end development, so I suppose the problem it solves is getting our back end running for development purposes. Every dev at my company uses it, so we don't have much choice in the matter.

NetBeans review by <span>Paco G.</span>
Paco G.

"Buen IDE"

What do you like best?

Integración de Maven, fácil de crear y abrir proyectos sin complementos externos.

Los complementos disponibles son fáciles de instalar y hay muchos complementos que mejoran el uso.

Buena interfaz de usuario, limpia pero con mucha información. Fácil de empezar.

What do you dislike?

La integración de Gradle requiere un complemento de terceros.

Velocidad. El autocompletado de código podría ser más rápida. A menudo tienes que esperar hasta que el IDE presente sugerencias.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es el mejor IDE con el que trabajé. Los atajos de teclado son fáciles de recordar. Lo recomiendo a todos los que quieran crear proyectos en Java.

Soy programador de Java y utilizo principalmente NetBeans para programar. También usé NetBeans cuando comencé a aprender Java y me ayudó a dominar mis habilidades de Java.

NetBeans review by <span>Sandeep K.</span>
Sandeep K.

"Best and Free IDE for code / development"

What do you like best?

Its the best and free IDE for software developement, It gives programming language specific functionalities to make programmers job easy Ex. We can just press ctrl and click on function call to go that function for referance.

What do you dislike?

It eats a lots of RAM which make computer slow for other application. somtimes we need to restart computer wheh it stack becuase of NetBeans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NetBeans is a great IDE for codeing and development. Also it is open-source (free) one draw-back is you must use a high-end computer system.

We are developing software and products with help of NetBeans code editors we have configure FTP details in netbeans to directly upload to server after edit of file in NetBeans editor.

NetBeans review by <span>John H.</span>
John H.

"Just get it done "

What do you like best?

Unlike Eclipse. netbeans lets me stay in the IDE without shifting workspaces. It understands I want to put elements into jar files and just run it.

What do you dislike?

One issue compared to visual studio is I can’t select files and have them automatically put into the distribution directly. I have to enter the xml file and change the settings.

I needed to work on Java and JavaScript programs. The Java was best because I could make one project for one Java class, add it to another project and just have things work right.

NetBeans review by User

"NetBeans GUI esay to use but slow to load"

What do you like best?

This program has some integrated modules that allow you develop programs.

It has a GUI design tool which you can design interfaces and it is really easy to add some components like buttons or others.

You can use its control version.

Its debug mode allow you improve your code in a really good way.

It have an autocomplete mode that help you to add some types of variables and some reserved words.

What do you dislike?

This program is really slow at the begining while it is loading and it takes up a lot of memory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you to use Netbeans if you ar going to program using Java as programming language because this program has many special modules for this language. Moreover, if you are going to program an GUI you can use it because it is really esasy to use and it won't takes you many time to learn it.

We use this program to develop some software which controls an FPGA. We use Java as

programming language. The benefits are that is easy to use and we can built a GUI really fast using the editor for that purpose.

NetBeans review by <span>Kehinde O.</span>
Kehinde O.

"Using Netbeans to Learn Java Programming"

What do you like best?

Netbeans is easy to use for learning java. Creating projects, packages and classes is incredibly easy. The interface is user friendly and makes it easy to debug errors. The autocomplete feature also makes it fun to use.

What do you dislike?

I would loved that a force.com plug-in is available for Netbeans. Although this isn't an actual cons for netbeans as Salesforce need to provide a plug-in

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a user-friendly IDE, then consider NetBeans, its fun to use!

Learning to code in Java programming language hence improving my coding skills.

NetBeans review by <span>Milan P.</span>
Milan P.

"Very powerful and natural to use IDE for PHP, Java..."

What do you like best?

Very logical and easy to use Projects system that will get you started very fast, and will keep your websites as a separate project.

What do you dislike?

It has some issues with parsing files that are included more then once in the Project, and it can crash during that process. Sometimes, it can use too much memory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need it for PHP only, you can download PHP Editon, but you can also download full edition, and later disable features you don't need (or add them back if you need them later).

I use NetBeans as my main development IDE for all my WordPress plugins, including the work on HTML, JS and CSS (with SCSS support too).

NetBeans review by User in Computer Software

"NETBEANS IDE"

What do you like best?

The Netbeans IDE is easily the best IDE out there in the market. I use a lot of Java and among the different IDEs that I have used, Netbeans is easily the best. It has a clutter-free interface and is easy and intuitive to navigate. I would recommend Netbeans to all those software programmers in the world

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike about the interface is that since it is clutter free , it compromises on the functionality part. I would have to say that this is a slight drawback and Netbeans must improve it

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend everyone to use Netbeans as it is the best IDE out there in the market. The Netbeans IDE stands out among other IDE's

The business benefits that Netbeans provides are immense. It is of a lot of use for software programmers and it can be used to build applications which will help create revenue. I would highly recommened Netbeans

NetBeans review by Administrator

"NetBeans for a PHP developer"

What do you like best?

Great code completion, just start typing some code and the program will fill in the code.

Find/Replace is a key feature and works through whole projects as opposed to just a single file.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the code suggestions are a bit intrusive and must be "deactivated", I like my code to pass the inspection, but situations like "too many nested blocks" prevent the code that works previously from passing new versions of the program suggestions .

If you have too many projects open, NetBeans take a long time to load. I need to go have a cup of tea and come back. As a result, I jealously guard how many projects are open at the same time.

The completion of the code and the PHP platform function can occasionally be more of a curse than a blessing. Constant 'pop ups' of clues, suggestions make coding a bit irritating, I do not actually turn it off, but I'm tempted.

Side by side code comparison right in the interface allows me to update similar pages.

I appreciate the ease of using variable highlighting, with a wave of the mouse you can see visually where a given variable exists in your code.

NetBeans review by <span>Brittany L.</span>
Brittany L.

"Powerful, easy to use IDE"

What do you like best?

Netbeans has so many built in functions that make a programmers life much easier. Built in CVS support, and right click can update or revert or easily diff with previous versions. Can also right click a function and go directly to the source, making debugging a cinch.

What do you dislike?

A Bit of a resource hog, but I feel Eclipse is still worse in that category.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can take a lot to setup well, but once you do, it makes life so much easier.

From just the business side, having the built in CVS repository that is easily updated keeps our entire company on the same page.

NetBeans review by <span>Alexander K.</span>
Alexander K.

"Reliable code development IDE"

What do you like best?

It is very stable IDE for many different programming languages. Netbeans is always in impovement prosess. As for me I use it mainly for PHP development and really like it fpr support of language features like integrated Composer support, many web-related syntaxes support (JS, TWIG, Smarty, HTML...). What is also important for me that Netbeans is community developed and completely free. And it is awesome also.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it may be a little bit unresponsive on big projects when code is on network drive but it is not Netbeans issue itself but slow connection speed issue.

We use it for robust web developement on frontend and backend parts. We like it free and good community support.

NetBeans review by User

"Easy to understand, lacking in design"

What do you like best?

I personally like how easy it was for me to understand how to navigate through the program. Everything I needed was always out in the open and easy to access.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how plain and lackluster the program looks. Instead of only using brackets to determine which parts of code are in which parts of code, each different section should be colored in order to make it more obvious. Also, it would be nice if there were some visuals to look at instead of just seeing plain text everywhere.

I was really inefficient with my coding work before, but thanks to netbeans I can work a lot faster since I understand everything and it's pretty easy to get used to. Even though it may go unappreciated, at the end of the day, it is still an easy to understand platform that gives you all of the tools to create a detailed program.