NetDocuments

4.0

SaaS document management system to store, organize and share all your documents and emails.

Work for NetDocuments?

Learning about NetDocuments?

NetDocuments Reviews

Ask NetDocuments a Question
Showing 11 NetDocuments reviews
NetDocuments review by User

"NetDocs Document Management System"

What do you like best?

NetDocs is the program I use the most as a legal professional. It allows me to sort and save emails, Word documents, Power Point Presentations, Excel spreadsheets, PDFs, photographs and more in an easily accessible and searchable database. I like being able to search by docket number and by client name. NetDocs is integrated with Outlook for easy saving.

What do you dislike?

The search feature for retrieving files or documents can be slow or hard to filter to get the desired results. There are also occasional glitches where a document says it's saved and checked in, but the recent changes to the document either don't save at all, or don't show up until hours later. Another downside is that it won't save zip files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of my favorite features of NetDocs is the Outlook Add-In that allows me to save directly to client matter folders. I recommend customizing folders within the matters and updating your home page with favorites (documents and matters you refer to often) for easy access.

The biggest benefit of NetDocs is being able to work on and save documents and share them with co-workers. It only allows a document to be checked out to one person at a time, which eliminates the problem of multiple people saving multiple versions of the document and not knowing which one is the most recent or relevant. I like being able to easily transfer a document from one matter to another using the "edit profile" feature.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NetDocuments
NetDocuments review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Hit or Miss with People"

What do you like best?

My favorite things about NetDocuments is that 1) you can access your documents from any place with an internet connection. If you are snowed in at home or at home sick, you can easily work from home, and 2) there is an easy way to search for documents.

What do you dislike?

I am a big fan of this software, but like everything else there are a few downfalls. First of all, there needs to be a multi-level search function added. Also, I dislike the fact that you have to jump through hoops to get documents to do what you want. For example, at work I can click on a document and it opens for viewing/editing. At home, I click on a document and it downloads it, then I have to go through the process of uploading the changed document. Finally, it works with multiple pdf softwares, but there is currently no add-in for my pdf software (Nuance Power PDF Standard.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I truly believe NetDocuments is a great thing to consider for firms and other offices. You can protect information as well, but I personally do not have access in doing so. A lot of people I work with do not like NetDocuments, but I believe that is solely based on inexperience to softwares of this nature.

The benefits are endless, as mentioned before you can work from anywhere. My boss needs to find a document on a weekend when I am not at work, I can easily search and find from my home computer, tablet, even phone and email directly to him.

What Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solution do you use?

NetDocuments review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Much better than our previous document management system"

What do you like best?

NetDocuments has an easy to use interface and a very small learning curve for new users switching from a different document management system. I particularly like that you can favorite frequently used documents and they will be added to your home screen when you login and you don't have to go searching for them each time.

What do you dislike?

If a document is currently being checked out by another user you can only open in a read-only mode. It would be nice if there were a way to edit the document and store those changes in a cache and then merge all changes when the current user has checked the document back in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitely worth evaluating if you're looking to switch doc management systems.

Greater accessibility of our firm's documents both on and off site, and less time searching for documents in a convoluted file system.

NetDocuments review by Lisa C.
Lisa C.

"Nice, Robust Platform . . . But Please Make It Mac-Compatible, Too"

What do you like best?

NetDocs is a pretty intuitive, easy-to-use document repository system. The cabinet, folder, file system is cute and easily relatable to old timers. The ability to have preset folders and yet also allow the creation of subfolders at the user level is extremely helpful. We tax our admin folks enough . . .

What do you dislike?

Like so many business platforms, it is not compatible with Macs. So, a lot of the bells and whistles, like versioning within it, are not available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider whether you are solely a PC shop . . .

It is critical that we have a central document repository in a law firm. If something were to happen to one of us, another partner must be able to pick up the file and service the client. And it's equally important that the repository be accessible while we are traveling or onsite with a client. NetDocs accomplishes both by providing a secure SaaS-based platform.

NetDocuments review by User in Renewables & Environment
User in Renewables & Environment

"Document Management in the Cloud"

What do you like best?

I like the intuitive feature that NetDocs has when integrated with Outlook. It allows you to save emails with or without attachments and then will display whether you have already saved that particular email or document. Also, after saving documents to the same workspace multiple times, NetDocs begins to pick up on keywords and suggests the appropriate workspace to save your email to. This is a time-saver!

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of the user interface. I wish it would be more intuitive to create subfolders and see them when you first open up the DMS. Also, I frequently use the "recent documents" list and would like it to show more than 40 documents at a time.

NetDocs allows a company to store their documents offsite and by using a cloud interface. This saves space on a local hard drive and prevents issues from "crashing" or becoming full.

NetDocuments review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Hard to Navigate, but great usefullness"

What do you like best?

I like that I can access my documents through the cloud based service.

What do you dislike?

I do not think its exactly user friendly and have found that the updates take a long time about every quarter often when I am using the program. But that may be just a bad coincidence.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say this a great product for attorneys, but for real estate there are better more suited to the professional on the whole.

I am able to access important legal forms and real estate documents with out having to bring the physical version with me to a closing or a meeting.

NetDocuments review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Net Docs"

What do you like best?

organization is great, breaking down into categories for each case.

What do you dislike?

screen layout could be better, better layout making it easier to find document, more description.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are probably more shortcuts I don't know about and would like to learn.

Makes finding documents faster with the search with * when you don't know title. Quicker to find documents using recent documents.

NetDocuments review by Jay T.
Jay T.

"Very good and more Versatile"

What do you like best?

The app works great and has been updated and improved a lot. Its very professional compared to its competitors

What do you dislike?

I dislike the limited font and edit integration

It allows me and fellow students and employees to write and publish documents for assignments and labs

NetDocuments review by Administrator in Investment Management
Administrator in Investment Management

"NetDocuments Review"

What do you like best?

Safe storage for sensitive documents and backup. Easy to organize different folders, and navigate between them.

What do you dislike?

I have a hard time utilizing NetDocuments in Internet explorer. I have better success with Google Chrome. The integration with Salesforce sometimes does not work properly.

Solving the problem of document backup and organization. Realized the value of having documents easily accessible.

NetDocuments review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Digital Repository "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the privacy capabilities that allow for control over access to certain files and company data.

What do you dislike?

The "check-in" system could use enhancements

We are a "paperless" office and this is a great secure filing cabinet that holds all company, client, and general information with easy navigation and access.

NetDocuments review by Eugene C.
Eugene C.

"Cloud-based doc management system with powerful search"

What do you like best?

Their powerful document search engine is the real compelling feature of this solution. It's also relatively easy to setup and easy to create a sharespace / client portal for separate clients using the system. Finally, the security features are robust enough even for regulatory standards and compliance.

What do you dislike?

It's a crowded space (document management) and the per-user-pricing can add up, when compared to free solutions such as Google Drive

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a discount if you pay annually. Also, the basic edition is difficult to differentiate vs other options -- however, the professional editions have better security features. We're evaluating various document management systems for our small business and NetDocuments is definitely on our consideration list given the security features and searching functionality

Learning about NetDocuments?

* We monitor all NetDocuments reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.