NetSuite ERP

NetSuite ERP

3.9

NetSuite ERP is a cloud ERP solution and provides proven financial management and ERP that easily integrates with your broader sales and service processes.

Work for NetSuite ERP?

Learning about NetSuite?

NetSuite ERP Reviews

Ask NetSuite a Question
Showing 559 NetSuite reviews
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NetSuite ERP
NetSuite review by Walter G.
Walter G.

"SuiteSuccess Deployment of NetSuite - Did What They Claimed!"

What do you like best?

We were able to plan our deployment and meet an aggressive schedule due to the able assistance of the NetSuite SuiteSuccess team. During deployment, we met sometimes daily with online conference calls to resolve setup issues and discuss best practices. The implementation team was patient with our questions.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure is too "all or nothing." For casual users internally, a tiered model would let them use NetSuite with limited access but without the full subscription price. We would prefer to use more of our team members within the NetSuite environment, but until our business scales a bit more we are holding back. Doing so removes the advantage of robustness for employee turnover in critical positions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with SuiteSuccess to make the deployment nearly seamless. We had help 24/7 during the development and deployment.

We are able to manage our vendor-held inventory with much more precision. Documented intra-company transfers of materials is seamless. With better visibility into the asset allocation, we are experiencing fewer stock out situations.

What Discrete ERP solution do you use?

NetSuite review by Jordan F.
Jordan F.

"Plan for the Future"

What do you like best?

Transparency. Able to connect it to our online website which we should have up and running within 30 days. The reporting is 2nd to none and we can see any Performance Indicators that we need. Extremely customizable.

What do you dislike?

Speed of Netsuite is suitable, but could be improved slightly to make it a little more efficient. Had 2 downtimes for about 30-45 minutes each in the past 4 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Extremely customizable, be clear on your business practices with the SuiteSuccess team so they can set it all up correctly and how you want.

We outgrew our old ERP program and switched to NetSuite as we plan on expanding in the future and NetSuite is a program that we could not see outgrowing ever. We we're able to improve our invoicing processes by almost 75%. The automated inventory tracking is something that we will be taking advantage of once we have some history built up into the system.

NetSuite review by Nicolas C.
Nicolas C.

"Painful set up but robust software"

What do you like best?

Net suite ERP is a very robust piece of software. That is its biggest advantage. Also the fact that they have developed through their local representative companies, packages with accounting rules specific to each country. Additionally it looks a little bit more modern than other robust software similar in the industry.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that setting it up is a real pain. The process takes months and if you do not hire a certified partner it's completely imposible to make it work. That's because of its robustness, but they should build more pre-packaged stuff into the system so this process can be more agile.

I also dislike the fact that the User Experience is a little bit complex. There are so many options in each view, that sometimes you just get lost in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best recommendation is to make sure you find a strong LOCAL implementer company who can help you throughout the first months of the transition, otherwise the whole set up process could be a disaster. You absolutely need an expert company to do that process for you, but there are several companies claiming they have enough experience and they don't. Do your research.

The biggest business problem we are solving is the fact that we do not have business information in multiple systems anymore. We have been able to consolidate all of our operations and accounting information into one system.

NetSuite review by Jon F.
Jon F.

"Feature-rich cloud based ERP Solution - A solution you can grow with"

What do you like best?

Complete cloud based system requiring limited to no IT support. As the CFO of our small to mid-sized company I am able to provide the on-going support for our NetSuite ERP solution.

What do you dislike?

I am not thrilled with NetSuite's pricing model. They offer deep discounts off list price to get started with your subscription and then over-time back-off the discount , with the goal of you eventually having to pay the full list subscription price - typically increase is 10% annually plus a reduction in your discount (i.e. start at 50%, reduced to 45%, 40%, etc). The general argument is that they are continuously improving their solution and there is no overt charge for upgrades, beyond adjustments to their list price and discounts given. Regardless, the value (price vs. quality) is certainly there. Biggest concern is now that Oracle owns NetSuite, their pricing model will become incomprehensible and they will find a way to make you pay for the same solution over and over again by repacking and calling it something else, like Fusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NetSuite is a great solution for a growing company. We had 15 employees for our primary operating units (3) and recently purchased another that doubled the number of employees to 30. We were able to implement NetSuite for the new company to centralize and integrate all the accounting transactions (A/R, A/P, Financial Reporting, etc.) within a month's time. We maintain no IT Staff to support our ERP system. I would highly recommend NetSuite as a robust solution that is capable of meeting the needs of small, medium sized and large companies. Whether it is accounting, warehouse management, manufacturing, CRM, HR, Payroll, or online storefront/website, NetSuite can provide you with what you need for your business at a reasonable price. I look at it this way, our annual subscription price is just over a third the cost of a dedicated IT Professional and it provides employees with a robust time-saving fully integrated technology tool to manage your business.

Multi-company capabilities was a big benefit to our business. NetSuite allows you to easily consolidate multiple entities, making accounting breeze. Also, the Global Search and Saved Searches and robust reporting allow you to generate about any kind of report you may need, as well as email alerts, and easy distribution via email. Saved Searches and Report writing are fairly easy. Great dashboard capabilities allow you to monitor your key performance indicators and also provide quick access to reports and information you need and use most. All very configurable to meet your specific needs/requirements, both as a company and individually. Scripts sit on top of the base software and are seldom affected by upgrades, making it easy to customize NetSuite to meet your specific business needs. Also like the rich unit of measure conversion capabilities that allow you to purchase in one unit of measure and stock or sell in another (i.e. purchase in metric tons or Kilograms and sell in pounds).

NetSuite review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"NetSuite - A comprehensive solution for our needs"

What do you like best?

NetSuite is very robust and appears that reporting is going to be very comprehensive. Reporting capability is something we are lacking with our current systems and we are excited to have this new ability. NetSuite is also going to allow us to have all facets of our business in one software for the first time so that we can report (hopefully) easily on all those aspects together from one software.

What do you dislike?

On the flip side of being excited for the reporting capabilities, so far the ease of custom reporting has not been as easy & intuitive as I had expected it to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At this point, we have not yet gone live. Part of that is due to integration issues with our POS system. However, the fact that NetSuite is not "local" by any means is a definite drawback. I feel that we would be much further along if we could have face-to-face onsite meetings with our implementation team as needed which is impossible. NetSuite has also had a lot of turnover on our account and we are constantly "re-training" new implementation specialists on our business and where we are in our process.

We are currently still only in our sandbox account and getting everything set up in our production account. We hope to go live within the next couple of months at which time we expect to see great benefit from having all aspects of our business consolidated within one software program.

NetSuite review by kristen l.
kristen l.

"horrific and painful experience"

What do you like best?

the potential that Netsuite possess could be promising. however, the support behind it and how to get the level of experience is the most painful thing i have ever experienced.

the functionality have some great features, but in my opinion could work better for the user

What do you dislike?

First of all the customer support is a joke, the implementation is all customer based and receiving help has to be the most difficult thing ever. We are still struggling and this will be our 2nd year. If you need help you have to send an email to a helpdesk and wait for someone to call you and they are typically from the Philippines. in order to do simple process's like bulk print, you need a saved search. to figure out how to do a saved search you need a net suite specialist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Needs better Support. More training, Better ways to train. More hands on training for all members.

Headed in the right direction, but by far, needs work on having users able to navigate

the pro of NS, is that we are operating better, We see the short cuts we endured in our business and correcting the flow and the process. However where we thought the software would solve our issues and we would not have to hire additional employees , we have had to double our work force in order to operate.

its also hard because when we first began with NS we did not realize the impact small things have on our record keeping.

NetSuite review by Kelsey B.
Kelsey B.

"Awesome ERP System!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact it's web-based and I can access it from anywhere. I also love how easy it is to navigate. If there isn't a way discovered on how to do something it can be figured out. The sky is truly the limit with this system. And I can honestly say I'm stilling learning new ways to navigate and we've been using this system since September 2017. I like the fact that I can be several different roles within my system.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the system can freeze and run slower at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to perform tons and tons and tons of testing and use the sources available to better your launch and learning experience. Ask questions.

We're currently working on how to better form a couple different reporting forms we used with our previous system and just how to retrieve this data in this ERP system. There is a lot more available and a lot easier process to get the info.

NetSuite review by Saugandh S.
Saugandh S.

"Best ERP system for small-medium sized companies"

What do you like best?

1. Cloud-based platform: I can access the ERP system from anywhere in the world as long as I have the internet connection.

2. Ease of use: the ERP system is easy to understand for a new person.

What do you dislike?

- If the internet connection is slow, it takes time to run reports.

- It doesn't work well with certain web browsers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend implementing NetSuite for small to medium-sized companies with a less complex business model.

NetSuite is designed for small to medium-sized companies with the less complex business model. I use it for almost all my daily task related to operations management and supply chain planning. NS has helped in various ways -

1. Ease of navigation from one instance to the other.

2. I can set up automatic reports, reminders, delegate tasks through NS.

3. I send many documents (POs and work orders) to my vendors directly through NS.

NetSuite review by Peter Z.
Peter Z.

"A cloud-based solution for real-time information for all aspects of your business."

What do you like best?

This is the first truly scalable ERP system I've ever encountered, always available to my users wherever and whenever they need access, designed for global commerce and the global supply chain.

What do you dislike?

The search bar is wonderful, but the search tool, next to "list" is less intuitive and doesn't return the values as easily. And the Office365 outlook connector could use some work -- it does not do a great job of automatically associating emails with cases, accounts, or contacts, and the native NetSuite functionality leaves a lot to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maintain and user your sandbox for training and testing -- don't go all-in on the production environment until you've beaten up your processes thoroughly in the sandbox.

NetSuite is connecting our entire company, from coast to coast, connecting sales to service and maintaining a level of transparency and visibility I've never experienced before in an ERP.

NetSuite review by Sandy A.
Sandy A.

"Netsuite is a fantastic tool for accounting workflows!"

What do you like best?

I love the completeness of the tool. Netsuite houses all of our accounting information, including amortization schedules, journal entries, bills, vendor information, revenues, opex, cost of sales, and so much more than I can list here. Every single accounting function my organization does runs through Netsuite. And from there we are able to upload directly to Adaptive Insights, which we use for our forecasting and budgeting.

What do you dislike?

There's really not much to dislike, but one drawback of the system is that the UI is not as clean as other tools that we use. Salesforce and Adaptive have extremely intuitive, user-friendly, and graphically appealing UI's. While Netsuite houses a lot of information, the UI does seem rather bulky, with a lot of links in the navigation bar across the top. Sometimes I have to search a few places to find what I am looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend that organizations considering Netsuite look at how many systems they're using for the accounting functions. If that number is more than 1, Netsuite may be a great tool to save your AP, AR, and accounting teams a lot of time while minimizing errors.

Our accounting team is able to have all their information on one system, which allows them to build reporting straight into Netsuite with live access to the real-time data. This is invaluable to them because they don't have to worry about compiling data from other sources into Netsuite or exporting to other sources before doing their reporting.

NetSuite review by Anna M.
Anna M.

"NetSuite is a complete easy to use ERP system but requires a lot of diligence in setup"

What do you like best?

Global Search makes finding transactions, entities, and saved searches and reports very easy. I have confidence in the mathematical processes behind transactions and canned reports. Almost all fields are searchable. Searches allow formula creation, summarizing, and pivot tables. Custom fields, records, and forms are easy to create and edit.

What do you dislike?

Physical inventory with multiple branch locations and multiple bins is somewhat weak. Searches are great, but reports are not quite as transparent or logical.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choosing a good partner for implementation; they will be your fortune teller and life line. Our original consultant had to quit and jumping through several more after that was quite a headache. Some features if set up wrong initially will be very difficult to impossible to change later on. Don't try to import history; takes way too long and too many connections to get them all right.

Following a part or bus item through all phases of sale and purchase and service after the sale. Seeing the big picture of a customer.

NetSuite review by Phi H.
Phi H.

"Good UI and UX"

What do you like best?

The UI of Netsuite is much better than Oracle ERP which I used before switching.

I can customize many things: menu bar, color, fonts, there is an favorite menu items and even a form of a function. I can create custom fields, put them any where I want.

As a cloud service, performance of NetSuite is also better than Oracle ERP desktop application.

What do you dislike?

The way of menu organization is not friendly enough, at least for a user just switch from Oracle ERP like me.

It makes the manufacturing process simpler. At my point of view as a software engineer, we can save a lot of efforts for maintain the system (a common advantage of cloud services). As before with Oracle ERP, our IT has to maintain and care about the uptime, about the browser users were using, which version of java (jre) was running on client machine. Now all of them are gone with NetSuite.

NetSuite review by Kristen R.
Kristen R.

"Brand new to NetSuite ERP, and loving it so far"

What do you like best?

The NetSuite support teams have gone above and beyond. All of our questions/concerns are handled timely if able to. We love the team!

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike, if anything we're having trouble with inter-company transactions - specifically vendors not being able to view in transactions across subsidiaries. Currently working with NetSuite team to fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent option for ERP. We are thrilled to be moving from a very limited product for our growing business.

Our business relied heavily on manual entry, none of our programs communicated with each other. We are implementing a CRM, POS, and the NetSuite ERP with custom integrations to alleviate the grunt work so we can focus on what's important - our clients and company growth.

NetSuite review by Ben A.
Ben A.

"End User for 6+ years"

What do you like best?

As an end user, what I most like about NetSuite is the ability to have information from so many different areas in one place. It allows me to look up my sales orders, but also invoices, the customer NPS, and automatically logs my communication. It has been very helpful in quarterly and yearly planning as we track all of our sales metrics in NetSuite. We have also used it for expenses, which is not the friendliest system, but still allowed my information to be in one place.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is old, and pulling reports on my own is not simple. For our company, it has not been a good system for both customer support and sales to work out of effectively. It seems the way the accounts are setup primarily help one group or another.

The biggest problem Frontline solved with NetSuite ERP was getting all the billing and invoicing into one place. This primarily helped out the finance team at Frontline, which needed to accurately and efficiently track financial metrics. These tools have been helpful through 2 acquisitions over the last 5 years.

NetSuite review by Patrick L.
Patrick L.

"I use NetSuite daily for sales tracking."

What do you like best?

In my role I mostly use it as a CRM for sales. I like that everything is integrated and useful for the sales process and visibility into the customer relationship, creating opportunities, quotes, and tracking and scheduling followup. One of the best things is the saved searches and reports which have a high level of customization.

What do you dislike?

NetSuite is quite expensive and the support is terrible unless you're a high paying customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do lots of research of your needs and what NetSuite offers.

Our company uses it for accounting and other back-office management and more recently to solve marketing campaigns keeping everything central and without having to use another software. This gives us the analytics we need for the sales process without being in another software.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Biotechnology
Administrator in Biotechnology

"Buyer Beware - horrible experience all around"

What do you like best?

The only advantage over QBO is SOX compliance and actual API. Other than those two items, QBO actually functions better than NS.

What do you dislike?

Where do I start? From the implementation where I hired NS, please do yourself a favor and never do this. I had to abandon NS after paying them and hire a prof services firm to help me implement. Mind you I was migrating from QBO to NS, so I should have been in their sweet spot. I also was an AP only company with little to no overall complexity. The actual software itself is cumbersome, not user friendly and when you design reports yourself they do not read the data the same way the canned reports do. If you date an invoice for June but have it post to October due to receiving it in October, your canned reports will show that invoice in Oct, your customer reports will put it in June.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be very careful. I personally do not recommend it.

NS has actually introduced issues and prolonged my close. I am desperately trying to turn it into a TB that we only log into to do journal entries. My advice is buyer beware. I have done many implementations in my career and worked with many software platforms. NS has been by far one of the worst experiences I have had to date.

NetSuite review by Dana B.
Dana B.

"Capable system with a steep learning curve"

What do you like best?

NetSuite is a very capable ERP with numerous modules that allow you to configure your business to match your existing business processes. It provides the ability to customize the system via workflows and custom code. From the perspective of a Director of IT, it is a powerful tool that can be customized with JavaScript for server and client-side programming.

Saved searches can help the entire organization to be able to get access to business data quickly. Other systems we used hid the data behind reports and made it difficult to know what was actually happening. Saved searches are as simple to use as adding fields and criteria. However, they can be very powerful allowing formulas to be used that include Oracle functions.

What do you dislike?

Required implementation specialists to help get the system setup, which took much longer than expected.

SuiteCommerce Advanced has improved in the last couple of years but requires technical staff who are fluent in JavaScript SPAs to make the most of it. I strongly recommend anyone considering this module evaluate it very carefully because many third party plugins are not compatible with this system or require custom setup to get them to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a consultant group other than NetSuite professional services for any implementation.

Unified order processing and accounting, including an e-commerce website that uses the same platform.

NetSuite review by Luke H.
Luke H.

"Wish I never rang them"

What do you like best?

Nothing so far, service is poor, training videos are very bad

What do you dislike?

I am in implementation phase and it has been a nightmare from day 1. Once you get past all the ridiculously outdated sales crap they come out with from the 1990s, you then figure out their "all in one solution" is far from the truth. They made numerous false promises of integrations, nothing seemed like an issue....at first!

Next, once you have paid your deposit of course, oh we can't do that, but we can if you pay us more. This happened no fewer than 4 times. I have now officially asked for my money back - all of it. What a scam company.

Communication from numerous people where english is not their first language, impossible to understand and through tech jargon around, with incorrect pronunciations, No wonder we had n o idea what they are on about. I had to say "sorry can you say that agin on a 1 hour call no fewer than 18 times.

But when I got my accountant on the line, they couldn't answer a question with a straight yes or no.

"Does your system do cash accounting"? - They don''t know

Is your system MTI compliant? - They don't know.

ERP experts - do me a favour

DO NOT BUY - FAR BETTER VERSIONS OF WHAT THEY ARE ELSEWHERE FOR FAR LESS

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO NOT BUY!!!!!! - KISS YOUR MONEY GOODBYE

None, its creating them

NetSuite review by Steve A.
Steve A.

"User turned partner"

What do you like best?

A single intuitive logic and fantastic context sensitive help and knowledge base makes learning and expanding use of NetSuite easy.

What do you dislike?

End to end feature training is expensive, even for online only courses. New features take a while for help pages to catch up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NetSuite is a platform for growth. A single package rather than a series of integrated modules means it runs without a hitch. Just make sure you pick an implementation partner who understands your business for them to be able to successfully enable your business with NetSuite.

I ran my own business on NetSuite for 5 years and found it covered all my needs end to end. From CRM and quoting, to manufacturing and financials, it ticked every box. Best landed cost I’ve ever used. Was so impressed that I became a NetSuite partner.

NetSuite review by Nancy B.
Nancy B.

"Bureaucratic Hell"

What do you like best?

The ERP system works very well for us but see my comments below

What do you dislike?

NetSuite developers for custom projects and handling errors in management of our sandboxes has been terrible.

One customization that was included in our initial purchase is now over 2 years late and the action on it is excruciatingly slow. I was told we were a priority 6 months ago but have seen no evidence of that. I am told that the issue has been escalated but nothing changes. I am told about all these bureaucratic steps that need to be done before they can proceed. Probably the purchase by Oracle is to blame for this.

The sandbox domains were changed this year and are still a problem. In January, I had to wait 3 or 4 weeks for a refresh. Now, because of the project above having a separate sandbox that needed to be refreshed, I can not access my main sandbox. Both of these projects are big for my company and have severely impacted our productivity.

This has been a nightmare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know how to contact your account managers managers

Replaced an outdated ERP system

NetSuite review by Lân N.
Lân N.

"NetSuite - A giant "

What do you like best?

They have anything you need for your online system, it provide all function to manage your customers, orders, taxes, shipments, refunds, your people. You have one place to manage all, you don't need to use that for orders, using "another that" for fulfillment, "another thing" to handle customer's tickets.

You won't find the completeness anywhere else.

What do you dislike?

The greatest comes with a cost, and they bill each on every user. The cost will really a issue if you want to add all people in your operation into NetSuite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll find the completeness here, don't find anywhere else. You will have everything in hand: inventory, order, shipment, cost, purchase order, vendor, every terms you can think of it.

We are building the API to integrate orders flow from another system (Magento) into NetSuite and very impressed by the system. Manage orders and shipments are very quick and efficient.

NetSuite review by Kristy K.
Kristy K.

"Integrated data at our fingertips"

What do you like best?

I love the instant availability of accurate data. I can see detail and summary information any time I want or need it.

What do you dislike?

NetSuite has been a bit cumbersome for our shipping process, but there is customization that can be done to resolve that concern. We just have not had the time or energy to focus on the scripting that is needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NetSuite works well to figure out a solution for you. Listen to them & consider their input when creating the processes and procedures to implement the software into your company. Their broad experience will bring benefit to your company - but they are also willing to make it fit into your companies specific requirements.

Our inventory counts are now accurate to the minute. We can see sales instantly. Both areas were hard for us before we implemented NetSuite.

NetSuite review by David L.
David L.

"Lots of promises poor execution"

What do you like best?

The UI is generally clean and for the most part customization. Being cloud based it is accessible globally on any internet enabled device

What do you dislike?

Being cloud based any update can trash your processes and for the most part do. Worse though is the horrible execution of new functionality which should at best be considered beta quality. Oracle/NetSuite development seems more interested in saying that they have developed a solution for some business need rather than making sure that solution actually works. It takes years before a solution goes from released to usable. Generally it seems that everything is developed in a vacuum with no team interaction.

Well we are processing sales and doing core accounting.

NetSuite review by Administrator

"Pretty flexible platform but poor advanced reporting capabilities + account management"

What do you like best?

It is pretty simple to record journal entries and any subsequent modifications. Good file upload mechanism to access underlying statements. Have some basic reports that are sufficient. Administrative settings are easy to configure.

What do you dislike?

The platform has gone down at very critical times, including twice during our financial audit. Since becoming part of Oracle the client experience is drastically different -- Account manager seems to change every three months and getting help is near impossible. Knowledgebase has a fair number of articles but most are not relevant/helpful in solving your problem. API and integrations are extremely buggy -- no consistency in sync times and no error logging to help troubleshoot. Reporting dashboards are not helpful and most advanced reporting will need to be done using excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you lock in multi-year pricing

Good cloud-based system (having migrated from on-prem QB) that is sufficient for multi-entity reporting (beware of FX issues). Sufficient for basic billing and revenue recognition schedules.

NetSuite review by Manal  L.
Manal L.

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

NetSuite is easy to use & you can almost always undo what you did or edit your mistakes. It's also easy to explore around and figure out most things just by clicking on certain tabs. I have figured out solutions to all issues that I've encountered that way or by going to Suite Answers. I've also managed to help others as well even if it wasn't related to my field just by clicking the different tabs. It is a very user friendly system!

What do you dislike?

I need to run reports yet I can't figure out how to do it, even the person that came to train us didn't know how and promised to get back to us but never did. There were some problems with some incorrect defaults that she was going to also get back to us on but she also didn't. I wish the support was better. We also Wish we had a better teacher at the beginning when we first got NetSuite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although we did have our own issues with training at the beginning I do like NetSuite and would recommend it.

I find it very easy to use, most tabs are easy to explore and I have been not only able to do my job to help others figure out their job as well. Although I am in accounts payable, I have been able to take on more roles because I was able to click on the different tabs, search Suite answers and train others in their fields.

NetSuite review by Sam A.
Sam A.

"Full featured Cloud ERP and Business Platform"

What do you like best?

Netsuite has come a long way from humble Netledger - a QuickBook alternative. I like the modular approach of it and potential of customization and use it as complete business platform. One of the best thing Netsuite have is the SAVED SEARCH - if Netsuite was a nut the saved search would have been the nut cracker. Unlike other ERP saved search allows you to take a deep dive and create amazing reports and forecasts.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the nickel and dime approach to their pricing. Also lack some basic features like consolidated invoicing, restrictive access to DB tables, cannot do multi join in searches etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to determine your business processes before implementation, also try to modify your current business process to fit in to Netsuite's schema instead of making Netsuite to fit in with your process.

This is a full featured ERP and competitively priced.

NetSuite review by Ed H.
Ed H.

"Powerful ERP system for national flooring company"

What do you like best?

Netsuite's powerful ERP system manages all aspects of our business. We utilize workflows and custom forms heavily to automate many tasks that would otherwise require staffing and multiple software tools and spreadsheets. Netsuite handles all aspects of the customer path from ordering to purchasing through shipping to the customer.

What do you dislike?

We are currently using Netsuite's ecommerce tool, Site Builder. It is an older product in the suite and is very limited in functionality to their newer Suite Commerce Advance, however SCA is prohibitively expensive for a small business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup is very complex and documentation requires a high level of technical skill. You need a consultant or someone with previous Netsuite experience for an effective integration.

Netsuite handles business process automation very effectively.

NetSuite review by Todd M.
Todd M.

"NetSuite - a solid choice for CRM + Financial"

What do you like best?

Most other products that get stacked up NetSuite against (Salesforce), are great at CRM, but lack the financial tools that NetSuite has. They really aren't the same thing. NetSuite has both and performs both well. We've found NetSuite flexible enough to build task queues and other tools to help us get work done, these are all tied back to actual customer accounts and orders making ROI easier to track.

What do you dislike?

The UI of NetSuite feels old. Some people care about this, some people don't. NetSuite does lack the slick integration with tools like IFTTT and I've not found it on the one-click integrations on tools like Trello or Slack. That's probably because it contains a financial component, but it would certainly be a huge upgrade to use some of these other tools with the power or NetSuite.

Tracking ROI and CLV have been easier when all tasks can be attributed directly to the customer. NetSuite makes this fairly easy. NetSuite has saved Adtegrity money in this regard by letting us focus more on the accounts that have a better ROI, and improving those that are falling behind.

NetSuite review by Isaac S.
Isaac S.

"Great ERP product but beware Services and Implementation"

What do you like best?

Responsiveness of software; reliability and up-time; great features and functions; fast and efficient connectivity to 3rd-party applications; large and responsive community of users, developers and partners, great automation tools and scalable user interface; Account Manager has been very responsive with updates and available workarounds, and spreading knowledge about functionality.

What do you dislike?

As of 2015, NetSuite does some things really well and some things not so well. It can be difficult to differentiate what NetSuite "offers" and what NetSuite "excels at". Services division routinely under-performs with implementations, and some of the add-ons are just fluff. The support is decently available through email, but the call support has been bad. On-hold queue for phone support for 20+ minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for partners that specialize in your vertical. NetSuite is robust and can be adapted to just about any business. Getting a good partner and getting sufficient resources for implementation will make the whole experience better.

Efficiency and automation have been a lot easier with NetSuite ERP. It is 100% cloud-based so we don't have to worry about hosting or security issues with sensitive information. Workflows have almost unlimited potential to automate processes. The sky is the limit and we routinely find that NetSuite over-performs the grandest ideas that we can think of.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great product, has everything you need, but be patient..."

What do you like best?

Time tracking management is awesome! NetSuite will allow you to have tools to manage your every resources of a project, plus having planned time forecasted for planning, it was a pain that was killing us back in the time. Now we are able to predict. One other thing is that we try to keep everything here, so, by having one single source of truth help us prevent any faults in our system.

What do you dislike?

Page loading time is slow, be patient... One thing I like the least of this product is the fact that it is slow, it should be way faster. Other thing I dislike are those popup windows for most edit and show pages. The UI looks old not modern, other tools like SalesForce, etc, have updated the customer experience, while using NetSuite I sometimes feel I'm back in the caves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation is not easy, we hired an specialized consulting team to help us get on board of it and also for training. My recommendation would be to have some 3rd party experts to give you support while you learn the basics and have issues with the advanced features.

- Time tracking, we were having problems finding the right solution. We built a quick app using the netsuite API to allow our team to check-in their time easily.

- Automated invoices, we used to have problems to create manually some invoices, not we have automated the invoice process saving tons of time.

- Forecasting, with time tracking planned time we can forecast future work better than on a spreadsheet

- Single source of truth, we can have everything on a single place it gives us the advantage of don't loosing track to anything.

NetSuite review by Rebecca P.
Rebecca P.

"NetSuite Review "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy using NetSuite I am in marketing at an alcohol importer and I‎t is easy to check what point of sale is in inventory at all times and when more is arriving. You can also check inventory of product at anytime. Also, we keep track on our expenses which is very useful.

What do you dislike?

I believe NetSuite should be a little more visually appealing and have the numbers line up better when viewing on a laptop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe that NetSuite should try to make the program a little more visually appealing/easier to find items.

We are solving the problem of overspending due to we save our reports for each brands spend that we can easily check to see how much money has gone against the brand to compare on what we have left.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great ERP System"

What do you like best?

Very little maintenance required on my part. Cloud based solution means we don't need a server in house anymore. All updates are done by NetSuite. As long as we have internet we can almost always connect from anywhere, even using cellular data (3G or 4G) on iPads and smart phones. I love the ease of organization of data. I love the ease of building forms and searches. Reports are a little more complicated, but I am learning how to better choose my base reports to customize and how to choose which field to pick as many fields in different tables have the same name.

What do you dislike?

The product is primarily focused on E-commerce and B2C sales. We are a B2B company, a manufacturer, and a custom service company. A lot of times our "products" are all custom, nothing is always the same. So generating Estimates that turn into Sales Orders that you eventually Invoice out to the customer gets a little cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe it is a stable platform that grows and changes and will continue to over time. Any business must customize it's processes to suit particular needs, and NetSuite definitely gives a company the flexibility to adapt to changing scenarios

love it for the accounting end of my job... sales not so much, I mean, having all of the customers in there is awesome... I just feel like there could be a more streamlined method from the start to finish of a sale. For the most part, though, I have no complaints

NetSuite review by Dale E.
Dale E.

"NetSuite ERP - Best Mid-level ERP"

What do you like best?

The very best feature of NetSuite ERP for a mid-level growing organization is how it scales and allows a growing company to distribute operations beyond corporate headquarters.

What do you dislike?

Like any ERP, much of the functionality needs to be purchased through add-on modules. NetSuite seems to target the cut-off of base functionality to facilitate upselling rather than targeting complete functionality and upselling through additional features and enhancements. A little backwards in my book.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you review your business requirements thoroughly, it's much easier to implement additional modules and third-party offerings with the initial implementation than to add them later.

I have solved problems from IT (SaaS eliminating the complexities of a self-hosted ERP) to process improvement and integrating the ERP and CRM as well as enhanced Warehouse Management and improved Sales and Upsell processes.

NetSuite review by Tyler H.
Tyler H.

"Feature-rich ERP with tons of expandibility"

What do you like best?

NetSuite provided a single source for all of our company's financial data. It was able to integrate with a number of systems - namely our recurring billing service Stripe, and our HRIS system, UltimateSoftware. This removed a lot of the manual work each month completing entries based on data from these systems, and the consolidation / reporting functionality was amazing once up and running.

What do you dislike?

Getting the system to work as intended, and as sold, can be either very time consuming, or very expensive. While the system itself has lots of features, some are behind additional subscriptions, and others require expert consultants to setup which adds to the implementation cost. Additionally, some processes just take longer in NetSuite because of its own inherent depth - e.g., bank reconciliations require matching transactions across a number of modules, rather than an auto import system like in consumer grade systems such as Xero.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Either be prepared to shell out additional funds for implementing from the beginning, or provide a significant amount of time for the internal team to both learn how to use, and correctly setup the systems you are wanting to use.

Month-end close and consolidated reporting was previously a very time consuming process. NetSuite cut the time to consolidate down significantly. Consolidating the financial statements of two different entities in two functional currencies was now almost immediate, rather than a day's worth of work. Additionally, with the integrations up and running, we had the ability to run financial statements more closely to real-time than ever before.

NetSuite review by Kingsley Nathan C.
Kingsley Nathan C.

"Does everything with lots of flexibility, just takes a while to setup"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the system allowing basically anything to be done. Customized reports, consolidation, multi currency, invoicing, dunning, and the list goes on. We never fully utilized all of NetSuite's features but they are truly limitless with all the additional modules. The revenue recognition part was the most game changing on a positive aspect.

What do you dislike?

The complexity was challenging, to get reports going took a lot of time. I recall doing budget to actual needed more timing than I hoped. But once they're setup it works well. It's overall not as user and GUI friendly as Xero or GP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not exactly as simple as the sales rep make it out to be. Implementation in itself is a full time job and then tweaking it to do what you want it to do is another headache in itself.

The main items were consolidation, revenue recognition and multi currency for financial and managerial reporting. Benefits was reports that were exactly what I wanted to present to the board.

NetSuite review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Time tacking, admin, and invoicing "

What do you like best?

Time tracking by week is way easier than by day. I do wish I could copy the previous week's projects (not hours) into the next week's sheet though as a starting point. I think that some of the issues are internal, in that our company had a million different project numbers with a million different tasks associated with them. Because of that, it was super time intensive.

What do you dislike?

Just another system.... we have different systems for time tracking, scoping, sales, admin stuff, etc. It would be nice to be able to integrate NetSuite into one of our existing platforms. I think the UX could be improved too. I wish I had more insight into the invoicing. I can see whats approved and what's not, but need to contact our systems administrator for hard copies of invoices. This is annoying on both our end. It would also help account people resolve issues with clients more efficiently if we had access to invoicing details. I

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for billing and invoicing. Wish that time tracking was easier.

Internal purposes. The invoicing system is easy to use. I wish time tracking was less time intensive. Why is there not a plug in for outlook calendars? The business problem is finance related - so time tracking, payroll, invoicing for clients, payable for vendors... etc. It's something every business needs, but I think the actual experience can be improved. It can be simpler and quicker to get the information you need.

NetSuite review by Administrator

"Great experience - 6 months in"

What do you like best?

Love the flexibility and the capabilities to serve our entire company. We had different systems for CRM, ERP and Accounting previously and the transparency, data integrity and syncing issues were so painful. Everyone has the same access to information. The implementation team was great and support has been better than I have ever had with a software system. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to take on an enterprise solution that is cloud based.

What do you dislike?

With any system there is a learning curve. We are still tweaking our processes and settings but I think a lot of that was caused from us coming from systems that weren't as robust. We just didn't know what we didn't know previously. We are a small company so the pricetag of implementation was difficult to take on but well worth the output.

We use NetSuite for almost everything. We starting with CRM, ERP and Accounting but are now moving over more HR aspects.

NetSuite review by Administrator

"Netsuite is exactly what my company needed to continued our strong growth"

What do you like best?

Netsuite is an all in one software with limitations. The system itself is incredibly well thought out and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Because the system is so complex and we are a small company of about 25 employees, it's difficult to stay focused on what solutions are best for our company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your business is ready for it. If it is then what are you waiting for?

Our previous group of software was a theoretical ceiling for us. They did not talk to each other, were not on the cloud and were out of date. Practically nothing about them was good. Netsuite provides us one solution that allows us to scale. It will be imperative as we are a fast growing company. Another bonus of Netsuite, is suitescript and work flows; Our old system did not allow any customization. Our old collection of software, did not include any CRM. The ability for us to create and manage cases has vastly helped our customer service team. The biggest problem were having was that each of our systems was independent of each other and did not communique. We had a separate non webbased software for our order management, reporting, marketplace connection, and accounting. The connections between them was not very good at all. Something we are looking into switching in the next year or so is our website ecommerce platform. We are currently on Magento 1 and are looking at switching to either magento 2, shopify, or Suite commerce advanced. The two main benefits that suite commerce advanced gives us are PCI compliance and the seamless integration between the ERP and Ecommerce solution.

NetSuite review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"Decent program, but with a lot of annoyances"

What do you like best?

Many things are adjustable. You can save your default views and customize your pages. Format is pretty user friendly and I really like that you can adjust your homescreen with reports/info that is related to your job specifically.

What do you dislike?

There is no real manual on how to use it. A lot of things that I'm used to, that I feel like should have been included are not (such as simple things like date filters??). There is a ton of set up to do - down to the nitty gritty. CSV uploads are a nightmare, trying to figure out what is the correct Netsuite term to use. Creating reports are a nightmare for same reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are setting everything up correctly - when my company set it up, we were unclear what some of the options did/does and later we found out that it was actually helpful to have that function. Make sure you ask tons of questions about everything. Seems like each person from Netsuite has different things to say and makes different recommendations, so it is not all that clear.

We are using it for financial reporting, AP, AR, Fixed Assets, purchasing, etc.

NetSuite review by john k.
john k.

"Pricey but definitely has some advantages"

What do you like best?

netsuite is completely cloud based. they make saved searches easy to make and modify. their work flow rule customization is easy to use and has a lot of features.

What do you dislike?

pricey. UI is not easy to learn. there are several limitations when it comes to customization. everything you buy is a separate price and requires a high cost of case support

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you have an IT department.

now that we have our ststem online and on one platform we can access data from any role. there is no need to ask the accounting team to create a report. we can now do it ourselves.

NetSuite review by Lauren C.
Lauren C.

"Has given me HOURS of my time back"

What do you like best?

Reporting is fairly easy once you get the hang of it (initially need a professional to help), and so many of the processes are automated, everything from recurring journal entries to dashboard reminders. Very few things fall through the cracks compared to our old system. I have so much more transparency into our business than I ever did before.

What do you dislike?

The customization features can make the user interface really awkward at times - e.g. entry field placement (boxes show up in odd places), entering journal entries (the screen moves up and down constantly which is frustrating).

Keying in on staff utilization; having metrics immediately available upon login; receiving reminders for invoicing, bill payments, and missing personnel items; tracking employee vacation and sick time; easily drilling down on report items to explain variances.

NetSuite review by Sapan Kumar H.
Sapan Kumar H.

"The best cloud based ERP"

What do you like best?

We strategized to think of solution which we can launch online so that we can bring down cost on IT infrastructure. Assessed couple of Microsoft applications, Intuit and couple of supply chain software’s in the market. No one has complete package of all the applications. It was very easy for us to make decision to buy NetSuite as it has all we need in one package and was able to hit out business goals. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

What do you dislike?

Training is not adequate and complete and the language translation has very limited capabilities. Need to improve the localization and provide translation features to non native netsuite fields.

Support regarding the enhancements need to improved with better and clear idea about what and in which category the enhancement request has been prioritize. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best for a mid level company, easy to setup with all required ingredients required in the current e commerce scenario.

B2B and B2C

NetSuite review by Administrator

"Purely from an admin POV"

What do you like best?

My accounting users navigate the system with ease and are very capable with the existing suite answers modules to troubleshoot which is awesome.

What do you dislike?

The interface to me is clunky and hard to navigate - especially from an admin POV. I also manage our Salesforce system which, to me, is set up in an extremely easy fashion. I often find it difficult to find where I need to go to manage what I need to manage. The lack of background setup to easily work with the objects is frustrating to me, and the menu trees are an outdated way to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can train an accountant to be an admin, that might be easier than training an admin to understand enough about accounting to effectively administer the product. However, they seem to have set themselves up for that given they essentially make you have a consulting firm to implement the product.

We had been using Quickbooks previously and outgrew that quite some time ago. We also were able to set up a system re-alignment to properly use each system of record the way they were intended. Our billing process is becoming much more automated, and we're working toward using ARM to be able to gain better financial visibility.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"User Friendly "

What do you like best?

love the customization of reports and saved searches. Easy to build out a customer or prospect with integrated CRM functions. Being able to integrate my email with NetSuite is awesome.

What do you dislike?

Certain committing rules with allocation of inventory is challenging but it is mostly due to the structure of our business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best way to get the most out of NetSuite is to dig in early. Commit to learning all that you can early on. Utilize the help tools when you are stuck, they are fantastic and usually provide step by step directions if you are stuck. Many times I need to do a certain task or change a function but will not likely repeat it, help gets me to the answers fast.

During implementation, get your entire companies buy-in. Having a cohesive team behind the ERP purchase and implementation will help you be more successful. Change is good! Embrace it and make it work for you.

Pricing and data retention are built into customer accounts which helps maintain document integrity. The CRM function allows us to keep constant record of our contact to customers. This also helps greatly with prospecting. The CRM is set up like you would expect but the ability to integrate your emails with NetSuite is another great feature that helps keeping data recorded and searchable.

NetSuite review by Lindsey W.
Lindsey W.

"NetSuite - Great Tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and, with a partner, it is easy to manipulate to your specific business needs.

What do you dislike?

The marketing automation aspects of NetSuite aren't the easiest to use, but when you learn more about them it is easier to use. There are also applications that integrate into NetSuite to replace the marketing automation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a great cloud software, this is a great option to look into. If you work with a partner, they can help manipulate the software to meet your specific business needs. If you're a company with multiple systems, NetSuite has helped a lot of companies consolidate them all into one.

NetSuite was able to simplify our business needs by organizing our information. It also helped us to organize our system/data better by being able to manipulate each person's view. People only see what they need to so we don't need an exponential amount of fields to satisfy every department's needs.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"NetSuite ERP"

What do you like best?

configuration of the product very simple and very useful product

simple to go live Net suite

easy to used workflow manager Net suite application its too good

easy to do the customization from Net suite application

easy to used the Net suite application

user history tracking is good in the Net suite application

very good part its speed of the Net suite and zero downtime of the application and very good as far as concern the speed

What do you dislike?

The Cost of the product is too high and on name user concept need to be think again its too costly

as its SAS module still support cost is charged too bad from the customer angle Net suite

low focus on India market

Need to review the India Taxation again in AIT bundle TDS is need to review again

IN Net suite need to work on bank reco. as like the Indian product its totally missing from the product

in consolidation inventory valuation is missing in the Net suite application

payroll part is missing in the Net suite application

Net suite Mobile app is too heavy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fast to go live

complete automation done now

inventory module is good

search is too good

every year new version is coming with the new option and bug fixed in new version

easy to training of application

audit of the application like SOC is done by Net suite application

NetSuite review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Very Complex But Robust ERP"

What do you like best?

NS offers a vast variety of modules to assist with running your business. I do enjoy the revenue recognition options and ability to do CSV imports. I also love that I can change the color!

What do you dislike?

We have a very complex business model and billing structure. We originally moved to NetSuite expecting an answer to all of our problems, but we had a difficult time implementing the system the way in the way we needed it to work. Also, I do not like that saved searched and list reporting do not offer the same attributes. We often have to run & combine several reports to create the one that we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not attempt to migrate without a proper roadmap and a professional implementer.

NetSuite does offer the ability to defer revenue over time whereas the previous system did not make it as easy.

NetSuite review by Nam T.
Nam T.

"Starter using Netsuite ERP"

What do you like best?

Netsuite is Cloud based ERP application and we would like to look for more advantages on manufacturing model for supplier chain management. Oracle is working very well for manufacturing processes but the cost is more expensive. Technically, Oracle allows to track by lot/item level and Netsuite is tracked by PO level. This is a challenge to switch between them. However Netsuite might be the best choice for small or mid sized companies.

What do you dislike?

Netsuite is not really suitable if we want to track by lot/item level. Inventory is not visible by default, we need to develop customized scripts. Additional requirements should be time consuming as it is not supported in default by Netsuite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I just started using Netsuite ERP and not much experienced to recommend to use this. But if your company is small or mid sized and would like to track simple manufacturing process such as PO tracking and simple inventory status, netsuite would be the best choice as it can save a lot of money and get good documentation to search and learn easily.

This is also the cloud based application, so that you don't need to build infrastructure to install these applications. Everything should be going through internet and therefore you can access everywhere, everytime.

Low cost is the one we can have the most benefits. There are less work to customize with Netsuite. Integrating with Dell Boomi is also simple.

NetSuite review by Gabriel L.
Gabriel L.

"Expensive, but great "

What do you like best?

Flexibility, Netsuite can pretty much do anything you need. Unlimited amounts of custom fields and custom records and custom reports.

Full integration between ERP and CRM is essential to most businesses I believe, but most don't realize it.

Mixing fincancial info with CRM just makes sense. Being able to see and interact with the customer sub ledger on the same CRM page with all their other detailed information is really useful.

For us, mixing the support cases with purchasing is key for us to be able to track the budget and cost of support cases.

All these things are very easy to do in NetSuite

What do you dislike?

While scripting can be good I find it way to complicated myself, and it can be very expensive to have a developer build even a seemingly easy script.

My rough estimate now, is if you're interested in automating a process you're looking at a minimum of $10k. (I'm talking about more complicated processes, but still. It can add up very quickly when you're implementing.

The Workflow manager is easier to use, but you can run into odd limitations that force you into using SuiteScript.

I'd like to see more integration with Office 365. Unfortunately, Microsoft and NetSuite made a public partnership back in 2015, but we haven't heard anything since.

I think because NetSuite was bought by Oracle there's a slim chance we'll see any integration anymore.

But I would prefer to you OneDrive for Business to store files, and ingratiate better with cloud email and calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be ready for a long and expensive implementation, but it can be worth it if done effectively.

Having all our business information in one place has streamlined our processes, and given us up to the minute information about what's happening in our business.

Our maintenance staff have become more productive now that we can track their productivity against each other, and our timelines based on priority of work orders.

Our capital projects can be watched by senior management to see the status and cost of various projects.

And our tracking of specific tenant information has been eye opening.

Having everything under one roof, in the cloud, available on any device is priceless.

Learn more about NetSuite ERP

NetSuite ERP Videos

Learning about NetSuite ERP?

* We monitor all NetSuite ERP reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.