NetSuite ERP

NetSuite ERP

3.9

NetSuite ERP is a cloud ERP solution and provides proven financial management and ERP that easily integrates with your broader sales and service processes.

Work for NetSuite ERP?

Learning about NetSuite?

NetSuite ERP Reviews

Ask NetSuite a Question
Showing 551 NetSuite reviews
NetSuite review by Nicolas C.
Nicolas C.

"Painful set up but robust software"

What do you like best?

Net suite ERP is a very robust piece of software. That is its biggest advantage. Also the fact that they have developed through their local representative companies, packages with accounting rules specific to each country. Additionally it looks a little bit more modern than other robust software similar in the industry.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that setting it up is a real pain. The process takes months and if you do not hire a certified partner it's completely imposible to make it work. That's because of its robustness, but they should build more pre-packaged stuff into the system so this process can be more agile.

I also dislike the fact that the User Experience is a little bit complex. There are so many options in each view, that sometimes you just get lost in it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best recommendation is to make sure you find a strong LOCAL implementer company who can help you throughout the first months of the transition, otherwise the whole set up process could be a disaster. You absolutely need an expert company to do that process for you, but there are several companies claiming they have enough experience and they don't. Do your research.

The biggest business problem we are solving is the fact that we do not have business information in multiple systems anymore. We have been able to consolidate all of our operations and accounting information into one system.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NetSuite ERP
NetSuite review by Jon F.
Jon F.

"Feature-rich cloud based ERP Solution - A solution you can grow with"

What do you like best?

Complete cloud based system requiring limited to no IT support. As the CFO of our small to mid-sized company I am able to provide the on-going support for our NetSuite ERP solution.

What do you dislike?

I am not thrilled with NetSuite's pricing model. They offer deep discounts off list price to get started with your subscription and then over-time back-off the discount , with the goal of you eventually having to pay the full list subscription price - typically increase is 10% annually plus a reduction in your discount (i.e. start at 50%, reduced to 45%, 40%, etc). The general argument is that they are continuously improving their solution and there is no overt charge for upgrades, beyond adjustments to their list price and discounts given. Regardless, the value (price vs. quality) is certainly there. Biggest concern is now that Oracle owns NetSuite, their pricing model will become incomprehensible and they will find a way to make you pay for the same solution over and over again by repacking and calling it something else, like Fusion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NetSuite is a great solution for a growing company. We had 15 employees for our primary operating units (3) and recently purchased another that doubled the number of employees to 30. We were able to implement NetSuite for the new company to centralize and integrate all the accounting transactions (A/R, A/P, Financial Reporting, etc.) within a month's time. We maintain no IT Staff to support our ERP system. I would highly recommend NetSuite as a robust solution that is capable of meeting the needs of small, medium sized and large companies. Whether it is accounting, warehouse management, manufacturing, CRM, HR, Payroll, or online storefront/website, NetSuite can provide you with what you need for your business at a reasonable price. I look at it this way, our annual subscription price is just over a third the cost of a dedicated IT Professional and it provides employees with a robust time-saving fully integrated technology tool to manage your business.

Multi-company capabilities was a big benefit to our business. NetSuite allows you to easily consolidate multiple entities, making accounting breeze. Also, the Global Search and Saved Searches and robust reporting allow you to generate about any kind of report you may need, as well as email alerts, and easy distribution via email. Saved Searches and Report writing are fairly easy. Great dashboard capabilities allow you to monitor your key performance indicators and also provide quick access to reports and information you need and use most. All very configurable to meet your specific needs/requirements, both as a company and individually. Scripts sit on top of the base software and are seldom affected by upgrades, making it easy to customize NetSuite to meet your specific business needs. Also like the rich unit of measure conversion capabilities that allow you to purchase in one unit of measure and stock or sell in another (i.e. purchase in metric tons or Kilograms and sell in pounds).

What ERP Systems solution do you use?

NetSuite review by Chris H.
Chris H.

"NetSuite - A comprehensive solution for our needs"

What do you like best?

NetSuite is very robust and appears that reporting is going to be very comprehensive. Reporting capability is something we are lacking with our current systems and we are excited to have this new ability. NetSuite is also going to allow us to have all facets of our business in one software for the first time so that we can report (hopefully) easily on all those aspects together from one software.

What do you dislike?

On the flip side of being excited for the reporting capabilities, so far the ease of custom reporting has not been as easy & intuitive as I had expected it to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At this point, we have not yet gone live. Part of that is due to integration issues with our POS system. However, the fact that NetSuite is not "local" by any means is a definite drawback. I feel that we would be much further along if we could have face-to-face onsite meetings with our implementation team as needed which is impossible. NetSuite has also had a lot of turnover on our account and we are constantly "re-training" new implementation specialists on our business and where we are in our process.

We are currently still only in our sandbox account and getting everything set up in our production account. We hope to go live within the next couple of months at which time we expect to see great benefit from having all aspects of our business consolidated within one software program.

NetSuite review by kristen l.
kristen l.

"horrific and painful experience"

What do you like best?

the potential that Netsuite possess could be promising. however, the support behind it and how to get the level of experience is the most painful thing i have ever experienced.

the functionality have some great features, but in my opinion could work better for the user

What do you dislike?

First of all the customer support is a joke, the implementation is all customer based and receiving help has to be the most difficult thing ever. We are still struggling and this will be our 2nd year. If you need help you have to send an email to a helpdesk and wait for someone to call you and they are typically from the Philippines. in order to do simple process's like bulk print, you need a saved search. to figure out how to do a saved search you need a net suite specialist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Needs better Support. More training, Better ways to train. More hands on training for all members.

Headed in the right direction, but by far, needs work on having users able to navigate

the pro of NS, is that we are operating better, We see the short cuts we endured in our business and correcting the flow and the process. However where we thought the software would solve our issues and we would not have to hire additional employees , we have had to double our work force in order to operate.

its also hard because when we first began with NS we did not realize the impact small things have on our record keeping.

NetSuite review by Kelsey B.
Kelsey B.

"Awesome ERP System!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact it's web-based and I can access it from anywhere. I also love how easy it is to navigate. If there isn't a way discovered on how to do something it can be figured out. The sky is truly the limit with this system. And I can honestly say I'm stilling learning new ways to navigate and we've been using this system since September 2017. I like the fact that I can be several different roles within my system.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the system can freeze and run slower at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to perform tons and tons and tons of testing and use the sources available to better your launch and learning experience. Ask questions.

We're currently working on how to better form a couple different reporting forms we used with our previous system and just how to retrieve this data in this ERP system. There is a lot more available and a lot easier process to get the info.

NetSuite review by Saugandh S.
Saugandh S.

"Best ERP system for small-medium sized companies"

What do you like best?

1. Cloud-based platform: I can access the ERP system from anywhere in the world as long as I have the internet connection.

2. Ease of use: the ERP system is easy to understand for a new person.

What do you dislike?

- If the internet connection is slow, it takes time to run reports.

- It doesn't work well with certain web browsers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend implementing NetSuite for small to medium-sized companies with a less complex business model.

NetSuite is designed for small to medium-sized companies with the less complex business model. I use it for almost all my daily task related to operations management and supply chain planning. NS has helped in various ways -

1. Ease of navigation from one instance to the other.

2. I can set up automatic reports, reminders, delegate tasks through NS.

3. I send many documents (POs and work orders) to my vendors directly through NS.

NetSuite review by Peter Z.
Peter Z.

"A cloud-based solution for real-time information for all aspects of your business."

What do you like best?

This is the first truly scalable ERP system I've ever encountered, always available to my users wherever and whenever they need access, designed for global commerce and the global supply chain.

What do you dislike?

The search bar is wonderful, but the search tool, next to "list" is less intuitive and doesn't return the values as easily. And the Office365 outlook connector could use some work -- it does not do a great job of automatically associating emails with cases, accounts, or contacts, and the native NetSuite functionality leaves a lot to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maintain and user your sandbox for training and testing -- don't go all-in on the production environment until you've beaten up your processes thoroughly in the sandbox.

NetSuite is connecting our entire company, from coast to coast, connecting sales to service and maintaining a level of transparency and visibility I've never experienced before in an ERP.

NetSuite review by Sandy A.
Sandy A.

"Netsuite is a fantastic tool for accounting workflows!"

What do you like best?

I love the completeness of the tool. Netsuite houses all of our accounting information, including amortization schedules, journal entries, bills, vendor information, revenues, opex, cost of sales, and so much more than I can list here. Every single accounting function my organization does runs through Netsuite. And from there we are able to upload directly to Adaptive Insights, which we use for our forecasting and budgeting.

What do you dislike?

There's really not much to dislike, but one drawback of the system is that the UI is not as clean as other tools that we use. Salesforce and Adaptive have extremely intuitive, user-friendly, and graphically appealing UI's. While Netsuite houses a lot of information, the UI does seem rather bulky, with a lot of links in the navigation bar across the top. Sometimes I have to search a few places to find what I am looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend that organizations considering Netsuite look at how many systems they're using for the accounting functions. If that number is more than 1, Netsuite may be a great tool to save your AP, AR, and accounting teams a lot of time while minimizing errors.

Our accounting team is able to have all their information on one system, which allows them to build reporting straight into Netsuite with live access to the real-time data. This is invaluable to them because they don't have to worry about compiling data from other sources into Netsuite or exporting to other sources before doing their reporting.

NetSuite review by Anna M.
Anna M.

"NetSuite is a complete easy to use ERP system but requires a lot of diligence in setup"

What do you like best?

Global Search makes finding transactions, entities, and saved searches and reports very easy. I have confidence in the mathematical processes behind transactions and canned reports. Almost all fields are searchable. Searches allow formula creation, summarizing, and pivot tables. Custom fields, records, and forms are easy to create and edit.

What do you dislike?

Physical inventory with multiple branch locations and multiple bins is somewhat weak. Searches are great, but reports are not quite as transparent or logical.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choosing a good partner for implementation; they will be your fortune teller and life line. Our original consultant had to quit and jumping through several more after that was quite a headache. Some features if set up wrong initially will be very difficult to impossible to change later on. Don't try to import history; takes way too long and too many connections to get them all right.

Following a part or bus item through all phases of sale and purchase and service after the sale. Seeing the big picture of a customer.

NetSuite review by Phi H.
Phi H.

"Good UI and UX"

What do you like best?

The UI of Netsuite is much better than Oracle ERP which I used before switching.

I can customize many things: menu bar, color, fonts, there is an favorite menu items and even a form of a function. I can create custom fields, put them any where I want.

As a cloud service, performance of NetSuite is also better than Oracle ERP desktop application.

What do you dislike?

The way of menu organization is not friendly enough, at least for a user just switch from Oracle ERP like me.

It makes the manufacturing process simpler. At my point of view as a software engineer, we can save a lot of efforts for maintain the system (a common advantage of cloud services). As before with Oracle ERP, our IT has to maintain and care about the uptime, about the browser users were using, which version of java (jre) was running on client machine. Now all of them are gone with NetSuite.

NetSuite review by Kristen R.
Kristen R.

"Brand new to NetSuite ERP, and loving it so far"

What do you like best?

The NetSuite support teams have gone above and beyond. All of our questions/concerns are handled timely if able to. We love the team!

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike, if anything we're having trouble with inter-company transactions - specifically vendors not being able to view in transactions across subsidiaries. Currently working with NetSuite team to fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an excellent option for ERP. We are thrilled to be moving from a very limited product for our growing business.

Our business relied heavily on manual entry, none of our programs communicated with each other. We are implementing a CRM, POS, and the NetSuite ERP with custom integrations to alleviate the grunt work so we can focus on what's important - our clients and company growth.

NetSuite review by Ben A.
Ben A.

"End User for 6+ years"

What do you like best?

As an end user, what I most like about NetSuite is the ability to have information from so many different areas in one place. It allows me to look up my sales orders, but also invoices, the customer NPS, and automatically logs my communication. It has been very helpful in quarterly and yearly planning as we track all of our sales metrics in NetSuite. We have also used it for expenses, which is not the friendliest system, but still allowed my information to be in one place.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is old, and pulling reports on my own is not simple. For our company, it has not been a good system for both customer support and sales to work out of effectively. It seems the way the accounts are setup primarily help one group or another.

The biggest problem Frontline solved with NetSuite ERP was getting all the billing and invoicing into one place. This primarily helped out the finance team at Frontline, which needed to accurately and efficiently track financial metrics. These tools have been helpful through 2 acquisitions over the last 5 years.

NetSuite review by Patrick L.
Patrick L.

"I use NetSuite daily for sales tracking."

What do you like best?

In my role I mostly use it as a CRM for sales. I like that everything is integrated and useful for the sales process and visibility into the customer relationship, creating opportunities, quotes, and tracking and scheduling followup. One of the best things is the saved searches and reports which have a high level of customization.

What do you dislike?

NetSuite is quite expensive and the support is terrible unless you're a high paying customer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do lots of research of your needs and what NetSuite offers.

Our company uses it for accounting and other back-office management and more recently to solve marketing campaigns keeping everything central and without having to use another software. This gives us the analytics we need for the sales process without being in another software.

NetSuite review by Dana B.
Dana B.

"Capable system with a steep learning curve"

What do you like best?

NetSuite is a very capable ERP with numerous modules that allow you to configure your business to match your existing business processes. It provides the ability to customize the system via workflows and custom code. From the perspective of a Director of IT, it is a powerful tool that can be customized with JavaScript for server and client-side programming.

Saved searches can help the entire organization to be able to get access to business data quickly. Other systems we used hid the data behind reports and made it difficult to know what was actually happening. Saved searches are as simple to use as adding fields and criteria. However, they can be very powerful allowing formulas to be used that include Oracle functions.

What do you dislike?

Required implementation specialists to help get the system setup, which took much longer than expected.

SuiteCommerce Advanced has improved in the last couple of years but requires technical staff who are fluent in JavaScript SPAs to make the most of it. I strongly recommend anyone considering this module evaluate it very carefully because many third party plugins are not compatible with this system or require custom setup to get them to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a consultant group other than NetSuite professional services for any implementation.

Unified order processing and accounting, including an e-commerce website that uses the same platform.

NetSuite review by Steve A.
Steve A.

"User turned partner"

What do you like best?

A single intuitive logic and fantastic context sensitive help and knowledge base makes learning and expanding use of NetSuite easy.

What do you dislike?

End to end feature training is expensive, even for online only courses. New features take a while for help pages to catch up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NetSuite is a platform for growth. A single package rather than a series of integrated modules means it runs without a hitch. Just make sure you pick an implementation partner who understands your business for them to be able to successfully enable your business with NetSuite.

I ran my own business on NetSuite for 5 years and found it covered all my needs end to end. From CRM and quoting, to manufacturing and financials, it ticked every box. Best landed cost I’ve ever used. Was so impressed that I became a NetSuite partner.

NetSuite review by Lân N.
Lân N.

"NetSuite - A giant "

What do you like best?

They have anything you need for your online system, it provide all function to manage your customers, orders, taxes, shipments, refunds, your people. You have one place to manage all, you don't need to use that for orders, using "another that" for fulfillment, "another thing" to handle customer's tickets.

You won't find the completeness anywhere else.

What do you dislike?

The greatest comes with a cost, and they bill each on every user. The cost will really a issue if you want to add all people in your operation into NetSuite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll find the completeness here, don't find anywhere else. You will have everything in hand: inventory, order, shipment, cost, purchase order, vendor, every terms you can think of it.

We are building the API to integrate orders flow from another system (Magento) into NetSuite and very impressed by the system. Manage orders and shipments are very quick and efficient.

NetSuite review by Kristy K.
Kristy K.

"Integrated data at our fingertips"

What do you like best?

I love the instant availability of accurate data. I can see detail and summary information any time I want or need it.

What do you dislike?

NetSuite has been a bit cumbersome for our shipping process, but there is customization that can be done to resolve that concern. We just have not had the time or energy to focus on the scripting that is needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NetSuite works well to figure out a solution for you. Listen to them & consider their input when creating the processes and procedures to implement the software into your company. Their broad experience will bring benefit to your company - but they are also willing to make it fit into your companies specific requirements.

Our inventory counts are now accurate to the minute. We can see sales instantly. Both areas were hard for us before we implemented NetSuite.

NetSuite review by David L.
David L.

"Lots of promises poor execution"

What do you like best?

The UI is generally clean and for the most part customization. Being cloud based it is accessible globally on any internet enabled device

What do you dislike?

Being cloud based any update can trash your processes and for the most part do. Worse though is the horrible execution of new functionality which should at best be considered beta quality. Oracle/NetSuite development seems more interested in saying that they have developed a solution for some business need rather than making sure that solution actually works. It takes years before a solution goes from released to usable. Generally it seems that everything is developed in a vacuum with no team interaction.

Well we are processing sales and doing core accounting.

NetSuite review by Administrator

"Pretty flexible platform but poor advanced reporting capabilities + account management"

What do you like best?

It is pretty simple to record journal entries and any subsequent modifications. Good file upload mechanism to access underlying statements. Have some basic reports that are sufficient. Administrative settings are easy to configure.

What do you dislike?

The platform has gone down at very critical times, including twice during our financial audit. Since becoming part of Oracle the client experience is drastically different -- Account manager seems to change every three months and getting help is near impossible. Knowledgebase has a fair number of articles but most are not relevant/helpful in solving your problem. API and integrations are extremely buggy -- no consistency in sync times and no error logging to help troubleshoot. Reporting dashboards are not helpful and most advanced reporting will need to be done using excel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you lock in multi-year pricing

Good cloud-based system (having migrated from on-prem QB) that is sufficient for multi-entity reporting (beware of FX issues). Sufficient for basic billing and revenue recognition schedules.

NetSuite review by Manal  L.
Manal L.

"User friendly"

What do you like best?

NetSuite is easy to use & you can almost always undo what you did or edit your mistakes. It's also easy to explore around and figure out most things just by clicking on certain tabs. I have figured out solutions to all issues that I've encountered that way or by going to Suite Answers. I've also managed to help others as well even if it wasn't related to my field just by clicking the different tabs. It is a very user friendly system!

What do you dislike?

I need to run reports yet I can't figure out how to do it, even the person that came to train us didn't know how and promised to get back to us but never did. There were some problems with some incorrect defaults that she was going to also get back to us on but she also didn't. I wish the support was better. We also Wish we had a better teacher at the beginning when we first got NetSuite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although we did have our own issues with training at the beginning I do like NetSuite and would recommend it.

I find it very easy to use, most tabs are easy to explore and I have been not only able to do my job to help others figure out their job as well. Although I am in accounts payable, I have been able to take on more roles because I was able to click on the different tabs, search Suite answers and train others in their fields.

NetSuite review by Sam A.
Sam A.

"Full featured Cloud ERP and Business Platform"

What do you like best?

Netsuite has come a long way from humble Netledger - a QuickBook alternative. I like the modular approach of it and potential of customization and use it as complete business platform. One of the best thing Netsuite have is the SAVED SEARCH - if Netsuite was a nut the saved search would have been the nut cracker. Unlike other ERP saved search allows you to take a deep dive and create amazing reports and forecasts.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the nickel and dime approach to their pricing. Also lack some basic features like consolidated invoicing, restrictive access to DB tables, cannot do multi join in searches etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to determine your business processes before implementation, also try to modify your current business process to fit in to Netsuite's schema instead of making Netsuite to fit in with your process.

This is a full featured ERP and competitively priced.

NetSuite review by Ed H.
Ed H.

"Powerful ERP system for national flooring company"

What do you like best?

Netsuite's powerful ERP system manages all aspects of our business. We utilize workflows and custom forms heavily to automate many tasks that would otherwise require staffing and multiple software tools and spreadsheets. Netsuite handles all aspects of the customer path from ordering to purchasing through shipping to the customer.

What do you dislike?

We are currently using Netsuite's ecommerce tool, Site Builder. It is an older product in the suite and is very limited in functionality to their newer Suite Commerce Advance, however SCA is prohibitively expensive for a small business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup is very complex and documentation requires a high level of technical skill. You need a consultant or someone with previous Netsuite experience for an effective integration.

Netsuite handles business process automation very effectively.

NetSuite review by Todd M.
Todd M.

"NetSuite - a solid choice for CRM + Financial"

What do you like best?

Most other products that get stacked up NetSuite against (Salesforce), are great at CRM, but lack the financial tools that NetSuite has. They really aren't the same thing. NetSuite has both and performs both well. We've found NetSuite flexible enough to build task queues and other tools to help us get work done, these are all tied back to actual customer accounts and orders making ROI easier to track.

What do you dislike?

The UI of NetSuite feels old. Some people care about this, some people don't. NetSuite does lack the slick integration with tools like IFTTT and I've not found it on the one-click integrations on tools like Trello or Slack. That's probably because it contains a financial component, but it would certainly be a huge upgrade to use some of these other tools with the power or NetSuite.

Tracking ROI and CLV have been easier when all tasks can be attributed directly to the customer. NetSuite makes this fairly easy. NetSuite has saved Adtegrity money in this regard by letting us focus more on the accounts that have a better ROI, and improving those that are falling behind.

NetSuite review by Isaac S.
Isaac S.

"Great ERP product but beware Services and Implementation"

What do you like best?

Responsiveness of software; reliability and up-time; great features and functions; fast and efficient connectivity to 3rd-party applications; large and responsive community of users, developers and partners, great automation tools and scalable user interface; Account Manager has been very responsive with updates and available workarounds, and spreading knowledge about functionality.

What do you dislike?

As of 2015, NetSuite does some things really well and some things not so well. It can be difficult to differentiate what NetSuite "offers" and what NetSuite "excels at". Services division routinely under-performs with implementations, and some of the add-ons are just fluff. The support is decently available through email, but the call support has been bad. On-hold queue for phone support for 20+ minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for partners that specialize in your vertical. NetSuite is robust and can be adapted to just about any business. Getting a good partner and getting sufficient resources for implementation will make the whole experience better.

Efficiency and automation have been a lot easier with NetSuite ERP. It is 100% cloud-based so we don't have to worry about hosting or security issues with sensitive information. Workflows have almost unlimited potential to automate processes. The sky is the limit and we routinely find that NetSuite over-performs the grandest ideas that we can think of.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great product, has everything you need, but be patient..."

What do you like best?

Time tracking management is awesome! NetSuite will allow you to have tools to manage your every resources of a project, plus having planned time forecasted for planning, it was a pain that was killing us back in the time. Now we are able to predict. One other thing is that we try to keep everything here, so, by having one single source of truth help us prevent any faults in our system.

What do you dislike?

Page loading time is slow, be patient... One thing I like the least of this product is the fact that it is slow, it should be way faster. Other thing I dislike are those popup windows for most edit and show pages. The UI looks old not modern, other tools like SalesForce, etc, have updated the customer experience, while using NetSuite I sometimes feel I'm back in the caves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation is not easy, we hired an specialized consulting team to help us get on board of it and also for training. My recommendation would be to have some 3rd party experts to give you support while you learn the basics and have issues with the advanced features.

- Time tracking, we were having problems finding the right solution. We built a quick app using the netsuite API to allow our team to check-in their time easily.

- Automated invoices, we used to have problems to create manually some invoices, not we have automated the invoice process saving tons of time.

- Forecasting, with time tracking planned time we can forecast future work better than on a spreadsheet

- Single source of truth, we can have everything on a single place it gives us the advantage of don't loosing track to anything.

NetSuite review by Rebecca P.
Rebecca P.

"NetSuite Review "

What do you like best?

I really enjoy using NetSuite I am in marketing at an alcohol importer and I‎t is easy to check what point of sale is in inventory at all times and when more is arriving. You can also check inventory of product at anytime. Also, we keep track on our expenses which is very useful.

What do you dislike?

I believe NetSuite should be a little more visually appealing and have the numbers line up better when viewing on a laptop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe that NetSuite should try to make the program a little more visually appealing/easier to find items.

We are solving the problem of overspending due to we save our reports for each brands spend that we can easily check to see how much money has gone against the brand to compare on what we have left.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great ERP System"

What do you like best?

Very little maintenance required on my part. Cloud based solution means we don't need a server in house anymore. All updates are done by NetSuite. As long as we have internet we can almost always connect from anywhere, even using cellular data (3G or 4G) on iPads and smart phones. I love the ease of organization of data. I love the ease of building forms and searches. Reports are a little more complicated, but I am learning how to better choose my base reports to customize and how to choose which field to pick as many fields in different tables have the same name.

What do you dislike?

The product is primarily focused on E-commerce and B2C sales. We are a B2B company, a manufacturer, and a custom service company. A lot of times our "products" are all custom, nothing is always the same. So generating Estimates that turn into Sales Orders that you eventually Invoice out to the customer gets a little cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I believe it is a stable platform that grows and changes and will continue to over time. Any business must customize it's processes to suit particular needs, and NetSuite definitely gives a company the flexibility to adapt to changing scenarios

love it for the accounting end of my job... sales not so much, I mean, having all of the customers in there is awesome... I just feel like there could be a more streamlined method from the start to finish of a sale. For the most part, though, I have no complaints

NetSuite review by Alvaro I.
Alvaro I.

"Good ERP for your enterprise solutions"

What do you like best?

- The ability to do almost every report you need, you will be able to customize those reports and it will be not too difficult to do it.

- You have an open API that will be extremely helpful in times that you need to integrate with other systems, you can integrate with Salesforce, google docs, or whatever you want to.

- The search bar is super helpful, mostly because this is a BIG tool and sometimes it would be hard to find what you are looking for.

- Super configurable if you find the right partner

What do you dislike?

- Sometimes can be super slow

- Documentation is a pain in the @#$, you will need to browse for a ton of documents in order to find something

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are moving to a more enterprise environment, I will strongly recommend using Netsuite ERP as your solution.

All that have to do with billing and accounting, most of this stuff were a pain for us as a company in the past. Reporting and metrics have been really helpful as a company and let us grow. Also the ability to handle multiple locations and currencies will help you a lot if you are having this kind of problems.

NetSuite review by Dale E.
Dale E.

"NetSuite ERP - Best Mid-level ERP"

What do you like best?

The very best feature of NetSuite ERP for a mid-level growing organization is how it scales and allows a growing company to distribute operations beyond corporate headquarters.

What do you dislike?

Like any ERP, much of the functionality needs to be purchased through add-on modules. NetSuite seems to target the cut-off of base functionality to facilitate upselling rather than targeting complete functionality and upselling through additional features and enhancements. A little backwards in my book.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you review your business requirements thoroughly, it's much easier to implement additional modules and third-party offerings with the initial implementation than to add them later.

I have solved problems from IT (SaaS eliminating the complexities of a self-hosted ERP) to process improvement and integrating the ERP and CRM as well as enhanced Warehouse Management and improved Sales and Upsell processes.

NetSuite review by Tyler H.
Tyler H.

"Feature-rich ERP with tons of expandibility"

What do you like best?

NetSuite provided a single source for all of our company's financial data. It was able to integrate with a number of systems - namely our recurring billing service Stripe, and our HRIS system, UltimateSoftware. This removed a lot of the manual work each month completing entries based on data from these systems, and the consolidation / reporting functionality was amazing once up and running.

What do you dislike?

Getting the system to work as intended, and as sold, can be either very time consuming, or very expensive. While the system itself has lots of features, some are behind additional subscriptions, and others require expert consultants to setup which adds to the implementation cost. Additionally, some processes just take longer in NetSuite because of its own inherent depth - e.g., bank reconciliations require matching transactions across a number of modules, rather than an auto import system like in consumer grade systems such as Xero.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Either be prepared to shell out additional funds for implementing from the beginning, or provide a significant amount of time for the internal team to both learn how to use, and correctly setup the systems you are wanting to use.

Month-end close and consolidated reporting was previously a very time consuming process. NetSuite cut the time to consolidate down significantly. Consolidating the financial statements of two different entities in two functional currencies was now almost immediate, rather than a day's worth of work. Additionally, with the integrations up and running, we had the ability to run financial statements more closely to real-time than ever before.

NetSuite review by Kingsley Nathan C.
Kingsley Nathan C.

"Does everything with lots of flexibility, just takes a while to setup"

What do you like best?

The flexibility of the system allowing basically anything to be done. Customized reports, consolidation, multi currency, invoicing, dunning, and the list goes on. We never fully utilized all of NetSuite's features but they are truly limitless with all the additional modules. The revenue recognition part was the most game changing on a positive aspect.

What do you dislike?

The complexity was challenging, to get reports going took a lot of time. I recall doing budget to actual needed more timing than I hoped. But once they're setup it works well. It's overall not as user and GUI friendly as Xero or GP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not exactly as simple as the sales rep make it out to be. Implementation in itself is a full time job and then tweaking it to do what you want it to do is another headache in itself.

The main items were consolidation, revenue recognition and multi currency for financial and managerial reporting. Benefits was reports that were exactly what I wanted to present to the board.

NetSuite review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Time tacking, admin, and invoicing "

What do you like best?

Time tracking by week is way easier than by day. I do wish I could copy the previous week's projects (not hours) into the next week's sheet though as a starting point. I think that some of the issues are internal, in that our company had a million different project numbers with a million different tasks associated with them. Because of that, it was super time intensive.

What do you dislike?

Just another system.... we have different systems for time tracking, scoping, sales, admin stuff, etc. It would be nice to be able to integrate NetSuite into one of our existing platforms. I think the UX could be improved too. I wish I had more insight into the invoicing. I can see whats approved and what's not, but need to contact our systems administrator for hard copies of invoices. This is annoying on both our end. It would also help account people resolve issues with clients more efficiently if we had access to invoicing details. I

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for billing and invoicing. Wish that time tracking was easier.

Internal purposes. The invoicing system is easy to use. I wish time tracking was less time intensive. Why is there not a plug in for outlook calendars? The business problem is finance related - so time tracking, payroll, invoicing for clients, payable for vendors... etc. It's something every business needs, but I think the actual experience can be improved. It can be simpler and quicker to get the information you need.

NetSuite review by Administrator

"Great experience - 6 months in"

What do you like best?

Love the flexibility and the capabilities to serve our entire company. We had different systems for CRM, ERP and Accounting previously and the transparency, data integrity and syncing issues were so painful. Everyone has the same access to information. The implementation team was great and support has been better than I have ever had with a software system. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to take on an enterprise solution that is cloud based.

What do you dislike?

With any system there is a learning curve. We are still tweaking our processes and settings but I think a lot of that was caused from us coming from systems that weren't as robust. We just didn't know what we didn't know previously. We are a small company so the pricetag of implementation was difficult to take on but well worth the output.

We use NetSuite for almost everything. We starting with CRM, ERP and Accounting but are now moving over more HR aspects.

NetSuite review by Administrator

"Netsuite is exactly what my company needed to continued our strong growth"

What do you like best?

Netsuite is an all in one software with limitations. The system itself is incredibly well thought out and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Because the system is so complex and we are a small company of about 25 employees, it's difficult to stay focused on what solutions are best for our company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your business is ready for it. If it is then what are you waiting for?

Our previous group of software was a theoretical ceiling for us. They did not talk to each other, were not on the cloud and were out of date. Practically nothing about them was good. Netsuite provides us one solution that allows us to scale. It will be imperative as we are a fast growing company. Another bonus of Netsuite, is suitescript and work flows; Our old system did not allow any customization. Our old collection of software, did not include any CRM. The ability for us to create and manage cases has vastly helped our customer service team. The biggest problem were having was that each of our systems was independent of each other and did not communique. We had a separate non webbased software for our order management, reporting, marketplace connection, and accounting. The connections between them was not very good at all. Something we are looking into switching in the next year or so is our website ecommerce platform. We are currently on Magento 1 and are looking at switching to either magento 2, shopify, or Suite commerce advanced. The two main benefits that suite commerce advanced gives us are PCI compliance and the seamless integration between the ERP and Ecommerce solution.

NetSuite review by User in Semiconductors
User in Semiconductors

"Decent program, but with a lot of annoyances"

What do you like best?

Many things are adjustable. You can save your default views and customize your pages. Format is pretty user friendly and I really like that you can adjust your homescreen with reports/info that is related to your job specifically.

What do you dislike?

There is no real manual on how to use it. A lot of things that I'm used to, that I feel like should have been included are not (such as simple things like date filters??). There is a ton of set up to do - down to the nitty gritty. CSV uploads are a nightmare, trying to figure out what is the correct Netsuite term to use. Creating reports are a nightmare for same reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are setting everything up correctly - when my company set it up, we were unclear what some of the options did/does and later we found out that it was actually helpful to have that function. Make sure you ask tons of questions about everything. Seems like each person from Netsuite has different things to say and makes different recommendations, so it is not all that clear.

We are using it for financial reporting, AP, AR, Fixed Assets, purchasing, etc.

NetSuite review by john k.
john k.

"Pricey but definitely has some advantages"

What do you like best?

netsuite is completely cloud based. they make saved searches easy to make and modify. their work flow rule customization is easy to use and has a lot of features.

What do you dislike?

pricey. UI is not easy to learn. there are several limitations when it comes to customization. everything you buy is a separate price and requires a high cost of case support

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you have an IT department.

now that we have our ststem online and on one platform we can access data from any role. there is no need to ask the accounting team to create a report. we can now do it ourselves.

NetSuite review by Lauren C.
Lauren C.

"Has given me HOURS of my time back"

What do you like best?

Reporting is fairly easy once you get the hang of it (initially need a professional to help), and so many of the processes are automated, everything from recurring journal entries to dashboard reminders. Very few things fall through the cracks compared to our old system. I have so much more transparency into our business than I ever did before.

What do you dislike?

The customization features can make the user interface really awkward at times - e.g. entry field placement (boxes show up in odd places), entering journal entries (the screen moves up and down constantly which is frustrating).

Keying in on staff utilization; having metrics immediately available upon login; receiving reminders for invoicing, bill payments, and missing personnel items; tracking employee vacation and sick time; easily drilling down on report items to explain variances.

NetSuite review by Sapan Kumar H.
Sapan Kumar H.

"The best cloud based ERP"

What do you like best?

We strategized to think of solution which we can launch online so that we can bring down cost on IT infrastructure. Assessed couple of Microsoft applications, Intuit and couple of supply chain software’s in the market. No one has complete package of all the applications. It was very easy for us to make decision to buy NetSuite as it has all we need in one package and was able to hit out business goals. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

What do you dislike?

Training is not adequate and complete and the language translation has very limited capabilities. Need to improve the localization and provide translation features to non native netsuite fields.

Support regarding the enhancements need to improved with better and clear idea about what and in which category the enhancement request has been prioritize. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best for a mid level company, easy to setup with all required ingredients required in the current e commerce scenario.

B2B and B2C

NetSuite review by Administrator

"Purely from an admin POV"

What do you like best?

My accounting users navigate the system with ease and are very capable with the existing suite answers modules to troubleshoot which is awesome.

What do you dislike?

The interface to me is clunky and hard to navigate - especially from an admin POV. I also manage our Salesforce system which, to me, is set up in an extremely easy fashion. I often find it difficult to find where I need to go to manage what I need to manage. The lack of background setup to easily work with the objects is frustrating to me, and the menu trees are an outdated way to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can train an accountant to be an admin, that might be easier than training an admin to understand enough about accounting to effectively administer the product. However, they seem to have set themselves up for that given they essentially make you have a consulting firm to implement the product.

We had been using Quickbooks previously and outgrew that quite some time ago. We also were able to set up a system re-alignment to properly use each system of record the way they were intended. Our billing process is becoming much more automated, and we're working toward using ARM to be able to gain better financial visibility.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"User Friendly "

What do you like best?

love the customization of reports and saved searches. Easy to build out a customer or prospect with integrated CRM functions. Being able to integrate my email with NetSuite is awesome.

What do you dislike?

Certain committing rules with allocation of inventory is challenging but it is mostly due to the structure of our business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best way to get the most out of NetSuite is to dig in early. Commit to learning all that you can early on. Utilize the help tools when you are stuck, they are fantastic and usually provide step by step directions if you are stuck. Many times I need to do a certain task or change a function but will not likely repeat it, help gets me to the answers fast.

During implementation, get your entire companies buy-in. Having a cohesive team behind the ERP purchase and implementation will help you be more successful. Change is good! Embrace it and make it work for you.

Pricing and data retention are built into customer accounts which helps maintain document integrity. The CRM function allows us to keep constant record of our contact to customers. This also helps greatly with prospecting. The CRM is set up like you would expect but the ability to integrate your emails with NetSuite is another great feature that helps keeping data recorded and searchable.

NetSuite review by Lindsey W.
Lindsey W.

"NetSuite - Great Tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and, with a partner, it is easy to manipulate to your specific business needs.

What do you dislike?

The marketing automation aspects of NetSuite aren't the easiest to use, but when you learn more about them it is easier to use. There are also applications that integrate into NetSuite to replace the marketing automation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a great cloud software, this is a great option to look into. If you work with a partner, they can help manipulate the software to meet your specific business needs. If you're a company with multiple systems, NetSuite has helped a lot of companies consolidate them all into one.

NetSuite was able to simplify our business needs by organizing our information. It also helped us to organize our system/data better by being able to manipulate each person's view. People only see what they need to so we don't need an exponential amount of fields to satisfy every department's needs.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"NetSuite ERP"

What do you like best?

configuration of the product very simple and very useful product

simple to go live Net suite

easy to used workflow manager Net suite application its too good

easy to do the customization from Net suite application

easy to used the Net suite application

user history tracking is good in the Net suite application

very good part its speed of the Net suite and zero downtime of the application and very good as far as concern the speed

What do you dislike?

The Cost of the product is too high and on name user concept need to be think again its too costly

as its SAS module still support cost is charged too bad from the customer angle Net suite

low focus on India market

Need to review the India Taxation again in AIT bundle TDS is need to review again

IN Net suite need to work on bank reco. as like the Indian product its totally missing from the product

in consolidation inventory valuation is missing in the Net suite application

payroll part is missing in the Net suite application

Net suite Mobile app is too heavy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fast to go live

complete automation done now

inventory module is good

search is too good

every year new version is coming with the new option and bug fixed in new version

easy to training of application

audit of the application like SOC is done by Net suite application

NetSuite review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Very Complex But Robust ERP"

What do you like best?

NS offers a vast variety of modules to assist with running your business. I do enjoy the revenue recognition options and ability to do CSV imports. I also love that I can change the color!

What do you dislike?

We have a very complex business model and billing structure. We originally moved to NetSuite expecting an answer to all of our problems, but we had a difficult time implementing the system the way in the way we needed it to work. Also, I do not like that saved searched and list reporting do not offer the same attributes. We often have to run & combine several reports to create the one that we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not attempt to migrate without a proper roadmap and a professional implementer.

NetSuite does offer the ability to defer revenue over time whereas the previous system did not make it as easy.

NetSuite review by Nam T.
Nam T.

"Starter using Netsuite ERP"

What do you like best?

Netsuite is Cloud based ERP application and we would like to look for more advantages on manufacturing model for supplier chain management. Oracle is working very well for manufacturing processes but the cost is more expensive. Technically, Oracle allows to track by lot/item level and Netsuite is tracked by PO level. This is a challenge to switch between them. However Netsuite might be the best choice for small or mid sized companies.

What do you dislike?

Netsuite is not really suitable if we want to track by lot/item level. Inventory is not visible by default, we need to develop customized scripts. Additional requirements should be time consuming as it is not supported in default by Netsuite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I just started using Netsuite ERP and not much experienced to recommend to use this. But if your company is small or mid sized and would like to track simple manufacturing process such as PO tracking and simple inventory status, netsuite would be the best choice as it can save a lot of money and get good documentation to search and learn easily.

This is also the cloud based application, so that you don't need to build infrastructure to install these applications. Everything should be going through internet and therefore you can access everywhere, everytime.

Low cost is the one we can have the most benefits. There are less work to customize with Netsuite. Integrating with Dell Boomi is also simple.

NetSuite review by Gabriel L.
Gabriel L.

"Expensive, but great "

What do you like best?

Flexibility, Netsuite can pretty much do anything you need. Unlimited amounts of custom fields and custom records and custom reports.

Full integration between ERP and CRM is essential to most businesses I believe, but most don't realize it.

Mixing fincancial info with CRM just makes sense. Being able to see and interact with the customer sub ledger on the same CRM page with all their other detailed information is really useful.

For us, mixing the support cases with purchasing is key for us to be able to track the budget and cost of support cases.

All these things are very easy to do in NetSuite

What do you dislike?

While scripting can be good I find it way to complicated myself, and it can be very expensive to have a developer build even a seemingly easy script.

My rough estimate now, is if you're interested in automating a process you're looking at a minimum of $10k. (I'm talking about more complicated processes, but still. It can add up very quickly when you're implementing.

The Workflow manager is easier to use, but you can run into odd limitations that force you into using SuiteScript.

I'd like to see more integration with Office 365. Unfortunately, Microsoft and NetSuite made a public partnership back in 2015, but we haven't heard anything since.

I think because NetSuite was bought by Oracle there's a slim chance we'll see any integration anymore.

But I would prefer to you OneDrive for Business to store files, and ingratiate better with cloud email and calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be ready for a long and expensive implementation, but it can be worth it if done effectively.

Having all our business information in one place has streamlined our processes, and given us up to the minute information about what's happening in our business.

Our maintenance staff have become more productive now that we can track their productivity against each other, and our timelines based on priority of work orders.

Our capital projects can be watched by senior management to see the status and cost of various projects.

And our tracking of specific tenant information has been eye opening.

Having everything under one roof, in the cloud, available on any device is priceless.

NetSuite review by David J.
David J.

"We used SuiteSuccess and NetSuite has proved to be the best solution for our ERP system needs"

What do you like best?

We especially like the drill down and reporting capabilities of NetSuite. Having access to underlying transactions with one click allows us to see what's really going on in our business. Then, having the ability to send this information in multiple formats is great.

What do you dislike?

Creating custom documents and customizing existing documents to meet the unique requirements of our customers and vendors is very difficult. We have to engage Professional Services to pull this off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Potential NetSuite clients should first understand what documents will need to be generated for third parties, such as vendors and customers. It is likely that Professional Services will need to be engaged and budgeted to generate custom documents. Be prepared for this potentially expensive portion of the project.

We're saving money and are able to build a platform from the bottom-up to meet our specific company needs.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"Great for basic & advanced accounting - highly customizable"

What do you like best?

The customization options are endless, and out of the box Netsuite is able to handle nearly every aspect of accounting & ERP - from basic accounting to advanced revenue recognition.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve to become a 'super user' and if you are less technically inclined it could be steeper. The UI is also not the sharpest - there are lots of menus and drop down lists to click through that sometimes take time to load and refresh in the browser.

Netsuite is the revenue and accounting hub for our business - it provides flexibility and customization in order to handle our most complex scenarios consistently and accurately. It integrates easily with other applications and with the right support can be very efficient and cost effective for growing companies.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Makes my work easier and more fun."

What do you like best?

Flexibility, user-friendly, and systematic

What do you dislike?

Its limitation to restrict or control APC's role permissions on the saved searches, and centers

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth to try! I started using NetSuite without any ERP background at all. At the first glance it is definitely user-friendly and can be learn through self study. I witness how NetSuite evolved for the past 7 years, and I am able to embrace its way to do business. It is fun, convenient and kinda on-the-go application. Whenever we need to find something or to know our items, suppliers and customers' whereabouts, sure thing NetSuite can answer it for us. You can expect that, whatever information you feed to NetSuite, you can have something from it. The more information you record on your NetSuite database the more powerful reports and data analysis it can provide to you. Aside from its dependability and efficiency, I really find it fun to use.

I know it sounds too good to be true, but just like all the other ERP systems, there are down side of it. However, NetSuite support can guarantee their willingness to help you out and find the best workaround on almost every challenges you will encounter, it's like they always have the NetSuite way to do things and make it done.

It ease up our daily operations which allow us to have a more systematic way to process and handle all our transactions with our suppliers and customers.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Events Services
Administrator in Events Services

"Netsuite is a very robust application- I highly recommend it. "

What do you like best?

I like that Netsuite is like a Harley Davidson, you can make it your own. Out of the box, Netsuite comes ready to roll with robust modules. I like that if there is not a feature that fits your business needs, you can easily customize your environment. There are several third party companies to support customization or you can do it in house. Netsuite also has gotten better with the professional services group, which has been a challenge in one way or another. Since they have changed their approach, it seems like you will have less nightmares when implementing.

I also like the workflows; creating custom workflows makes the internal business process more efficient.

What do you dislike?

What was a challenge that has plagued many of the Netsuite implementation I have done was the challenge of the professional services team fully understanding the company's business operations. Netsuite does go over an in dept questionnaire and provides a BRD however there have been times that they have strayed away from the BRD, or they have come to a point in the implementation in which a third party (such as a developer) will need to be involved. So the implementations team can do a better job.

Out business challenges were a lack of accounting. We could not track cost effectively; product group leadership had no reliable intelligence to help them make good decisions. Netsuite provided us the the foundation to getting the financial and business process standardized- also being able to build reports to make better decisions.

Another one of our challenges is data exchange between a home grown application to our Netsuite instance. Building API connectors from our current in house system to Netsuite is a challenge..

NetSuite review by Administrator

"An amazingly powerful tool that can run most major aspects of a business"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how customizable the system is to allow a business to be able to meeting their specific business processes. Every day there is something new that can be done to streamline everyday operations and make the business successful.

What do you dislike?

It does take some training and understanding to administrate the system. I would really like for the NetSuite Support model to be better and more cost effective. One of the biggest challenges is the cost of support is based on the user count and total cost of the system. When you have a large volume of users this makes it outrageously expensive and most businesses do not want to pay that high of a footprint. There should be an option for limited user support so that a business that only has one NetSuite Administrator is able to reach into Support and troubleshoot problems within the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a solution that can be shared across the business and available anywhere that you go and have an internet connection I highly recommend NetSuite.

Streamlined workflows, automation of repetitive tasks, collaboration across teams, you name it there can be a solution for it.

NetSuite review by Linda C.
Linda C.

"Our Experience with NetSuite ERP"

What do you like best?

It is easy to work with once it is set up. On an Administrative level anything can be corrected or changed if someone makes a mistake. It is adaptable to meet almost all requirements needed by a new company.

What do you dislike?

I think the customized reports should be re-designed. It is a little cumbersome choosing between reports and searches and how to go about getting your particular needs within a customized report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get a seasoned partner who has worked with NetSuite for a considerable amount of time. One that knows your business and how to set it up correctly.

We were using several different programs to quote and then enter sales orders into another program. It was an old program using a DOS based environment. Also we have realized that since we are able to quote much faster now in NetSuite, that our bottom line has grown due to the increased number of Sales Orders submitted to us because we are able to get quotes out faster.

NetSuite review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Decent if you have tech in-house to customize or good consulting group"

What do you like best?

I like that it is a cloud-based system and that you can customize areas to suit the needs of your business. We've added many custom fields to invoice fields. The global search comes in extremely handy to quickly get to an invoice or customer. The search function is amazing once you understand the parameters and know where the data lies in transaction records. I find that the searches have endless possibilities as long as you do not require the data to tie out to the financial statements.

What do you dislike?

I find the menus to be cumbersome and hard to navigate. It would be nice if Netsuite was front-loaded with capabilities like automated invoice emails. Customization requires altering Netsuite scripts and if you do not have a tech person in your company, you have to rely on outside consultants. There are some changes that I think should be easy for Admin level users to do, like altering PDF templates. However, we've even run into issues where this needs additional customization beyond our scope and required outside consulting to accomplish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about customization and whether or not this is something you can do in-house by training an ERP admin to write code. There are extra costs whether you have someone Netsuite certified or if you go to an outside consulting firm. If you handle a lot of data, I think Netsuite can be an excellent option.

It handles a high volume of payables and receivables extremely well. We've found success integrating with homegrown systems. I do like the appearance and features of the financial statements. The searches remind me a lot of the GP Dynamics SmartLists in that you can really customize them to get the info that you need.

NetSuite review by TJ C.
TJ C.

"NetSuite"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of the NetSuite ERP is the ability to customize almost anything and everything to fit our business needs.

What do you dislike?

The NetSuite reports are not easy as intuitive to use as some other parts of NetSuite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend having a dedicated IT Administrator who could support the system rather than balancing it with other responsibilities. It's a huge application, and used in the right way, it can be an incredible help to any company.

We are using NetSuite to handle our accounting and vendor billing as well as our requisition and acquisition process. It has been fantastic to be able to customize NetSuite to fit each of these business processes.

NetSuite review by James U.
James U.

"Very Comprehensive with plenty of solutions"

What do you like best?

I love having everything in one place. NetSuite is the hub of our business. We are able to route all website orders, EDI orders, non-edi, 3rd party channels, etc. through NetSuite and track everything easily. Lots of solutions. Granted, many add-ons do cost money, but at least the options are there.

What do you dislike?

It is very pricey and I don't like their built in website solution. SuiteCommerce was a waste for us and we had to move away from it. It was slow and didn't include a lot of the basic website needs we needed without paying a lot for each 'customization.'

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have someone who can really dedicate time to it. It is very comprehensive so there is a lot to learn. If you just have someone who is training here and there, you will fall behind and may struggle to keep pup with all the different options that are available. We also go through a third party who helped us implement the software. They have been very helpful in keeping us informed.

We are able to run all order processing and accounting through this. It makes it nice that we only have one place to look. Before we were going back and forth between different systems for reports.

NetSuite review by Mel S.
Mel S.

"NetSuite works for me!"

What do you like best?

Customization to fit our business. One world to manage multiple companies separately, but also combine for audits and taxes. Having a seamless flow between CRM and ERP. Vast reporting options.

What do you dislike?

I love the reporting and search capabilities, but it's sometimes difficult to narrow down or find the specific field you want to report on. I wish the reports/searches could be prettier or fancier for dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customizations and reporting are endless with NetSuite, and easy to manage.

the business intelligence we have gained while being in NetSuite is astounding. And we continue to find new ways to utilize NetSuite for our success. Having the CRM and ERP in the same software allows for better teamwork and awareness between sales and accounting.

NetSuite review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"NetSuite ERP review SMB recurring revenue company"

What do you like best?

We selected and implemented NetSuite as our ERP system to replace Quickbooks in 2013. We are a privately held technology company that uses a subscription based recurring revenue model. Prior to NetSuite we exported reports from our billing system into excel and prepared our revenue recognition in excel. The excel based revenue recognition process was not scalable. NetSuite provides us with a scalable revenue recognition process.

What do you dislike?

Similar to other SaaS software applications, there are various features that ideally we would customize to our business if it was cost effective. One of these features is the way NetSuite stores the details on the revenue recognition in the associated journal entries. We would like to be able to report on both the item level and the date level for these revenue entries but the system does not allow this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Identify what features are most important and then do your research of the products available.

NetSuite provides us with a scalable revenue recognition process. After implementing NetSuite we were able to bring in-house our accounting for our UK subsidiary which had previously been outsourced to an accounting firm in London.

NetSuite review by Mark R.
Mark R.

"NetSuite Helps me Grow"

What do you like best?

Dashboards. Reports. Flexibility of use

What do you dislike?

There's not really much that I dislike..

Recommendations to others considering the product

NetSuite is the platform that will be able to grow with your business. Nowadays, business changes and evolves at lightning speed. If you pick a software that cannot adapt to this reality and change with your business, you will find yourself lagging behind the competition.

I am a NetSuite Partner and for me it has to be very easy to propose the solution to prospective customers. Hence, my benefits are : Automated emails to prospects, Dashboards and reminders to follow up, Ease of sending out Estimates.

NetSuite review by Tim F.
Tim F.

"Great ERP Solution"

What do you like best?

We are enjoying to broad functionality of NetSuite and the 3rd Party Network they provide. Unlike other ERP solutions, they are balancing native functionality with 3rd and constantly looking to bring more modules into the native app.

What do you dislike?

We are multi-subsidiary based and some of the budget reporting and other subsidiary based functions are not as flexible as we would like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a go, it is worth the time to get up and running

We have grown to realize single data entry points into one solution with a few integrated partners from a legacy setup of 12 different solutions with almost no data connections. While an ERP mandates more fields to enter, we are maximizing on having less redundant data entry.

NetSuite review by Kent K.
Kent K.

"Made a Big Difference"

What do you like best?

As a frame of reference, NetSuite was implemented in a small business (RagLady.com) using the accounting, manufacturing, inventory and website features. NetSuite brings all the data under one roof which makes it much easier to have a deep insight into sales, customers, marketing, purchasing and more.

Being highly customizable, it can be fine tuned to do almost anything. This doesn't come without a cost however. With great power comes great responsibility (and complexity).

What do you dislike?

Without a great consultant or strong IT department, I can see where users could easily get frustrated. Other accounting tools might be easier to use, but they don't provide near the flexibility or power of NetSuite. NetSuite can be and needs to be customized to get the most value. It can be made to fit your business instead of your business having to fit the software as is common in simpler software.

Others speak of it being clunky and old fashioned. It is not a whiz-bang, flashy system. This is because of the extensive customization capabilities. Comparing the look of the interface to software like Quickbooks, yes, NetSuite looks clunky. But I can't rearrange the fields on the screen and add new fields to the Quickbooks interface. I can with NetSuite. It's a work horse, not a pretty horse to look at.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is very important to have a good relationship with a consultant or a strong IT department. NetSuite is complicated with a lot of features and possibilities. Even a small business may require a dedicated person to administer and tweak the system for the first 2 years at least.

It has a pretty long learning curve. Don't expect to understand perfectly within the first year. If you can remain flexible and have good IT support, you can tune the system to fit within your company and provide a lot of benefits.

We had one system for accounting, another for order management, another handling the website and none of these were connected well, if at all. NetSuite brought everything together under one roof. The insight it brings have helped to grow the business quickly and with no end in site! RagLady.com also doesn't have to worry about the future either, NetSuite will handle the growth very well. Instead we can concentrate on growing the business and not the infrastructure.

NetSuite has reduced the overall amount of labor within the business. We operate much more efficiently and can support customers much better.

NetSuite review by Bryan W. W.
Bryan W. W.

"Functionality and Robust Reporting Second to None!!!"

What do you like best?

NetSuite is extremely customizable which allows us to get the functionality we need for our business. It also is great that we don't have to have coding experience to make many of the customizations ourselves rather than hire an outside implementation team or have someone on staff with coding experience. Also, we were able to automate several month-end close processes which would not have been available had we gone with Intacct.

What do you dislike?

Customization is a two edge sword. It does take time to get it to where you want it. However, once it is done it automates so many other processes that used to be manual that it saves much more time in the end!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only downside is the time it takes to customize it to the way you want. However, once that is done everything goes on automatic and more time can be spent in the analyzing of the information. Even though we are still in the implementation phase, we are already seeing what great benefits we will have.

So many KPIs are now quickly visible and can be calculated with ease at any time. The saved searches and robust reporting allows has saved us quite a bit of time as well. As a result, we are able to focus on analyzing instead of the day to day data entry and report creation.

NetSuite review by Chris S.
Chris S.

"Excellent, user Friendly and Integrated Software"

What do you like best?

I like that it is cloud based and easy to use. Having used SAP in the past, it was difficult to remember all of the transaction codes to run reports, and it was impossible to customize a report without the help of the dedicated IT department. With NetSuite you can basically type what you are looking for into the browser to get started. I have learned how to run and download customized reports with very little guidance.

What do you dislike?

Even though the reports and searches are customized, it is sometimes difficult to connect the different data tables together, and to get all the data you want on one report. Also, sometimes it is difficult to find reports because of the permissions attached to reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can only compare NetSuite to SAP and QuickBooks, but it is by far a superior product that is much easier to use and much more flexible. It is so easy to use that our company does not even provide formal training to new users.

We use NetSuite for accounting, billing and to research individual customers. We also integrate NetSuite accounting results into Adaptive Planning cloud software to be able to report our actuals, budget and forecasts all from one place.

NetSuite review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Good user interface that is intuitive and easy to use"

What do you like best?

NetSuite ERP is easy to use and straight forward. UI is intuitive and not confusing like other products I've used in the past.

What do you dislike?

My only gripe is I wish that I could view reporting in a more flexible manner than just in 6 month increments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The UI seems a bit outdated, although the users of this platform may be more accustomed to this type of look/feel. The dozen or so platforms I use on at least a monthly basis all have new and more intuitive interfaces that make it easier to use. Not the worst thing about NS ERP but one area of improvement that I thought would be a "nice to have" kind of thing.

Planning, financial and accounting purposes across many different departments.

NetSuite review by Cory A.
Cory A.

"NetSuite has given us the tools to grow as large as we want"

What do you like best?

Very customizable. There are so many ways that we can use NetSuite to customize and streamline our business processes. Workflows are an especially powerful tool that we use extensively. Also the ability to create custom record types basically gives us unlimited flexibility and scalability.

What do you dislike?

If you have not used an ERP system before, the learning curve can be pretty steep. It takes time to learn what the system can do. Training at the time of implementation is important. I wish we knew then what we know now.

We did not have control of our inventory. We did not know if we were profitable or not. All of our business systems were in separate places. Now we have everything in one system and it all links together so we have real time profitability and insight into our inventory.

NetSuite review by Tammy  B.
Tammy B.

"Financial Power at your fingertips "

What do you like best?

NetSuite is intuitive, user friendly and powerful for all levels of accounting and financial proficiency.

What do you dislike?

One of the few drawbacks of Net Suite is the report writing function is cumbersome to a non IT user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the end user. Software transitions are often spearheaded by third parties, or IT employees within the organization with little input from those who will actually use the system daily. Net Suite is intuitive, but the real power comes from the ability to access the data and the end users know what data they need.

Net Suite allows access for both the company as well as the customer. Customers are able to access their own accounts which enables our company to serve customers quickly and efficiently.

NetSuite review by Moon K.
Moon K.

"Highly customizable ERP system that allows businesses to grow and excel!"

What do you like best?

NetSuite is highly customizable to fit all business needs!! If you cannot customize it in NetSuite, tools to connect to other external systems are also available. With that, your business really doesn't have any missing 'link' for your business to operate, to grow and to expand!

What do you dislike?

The categorization of a defect or an enhancement is blurry and nonsense sometimes. Once an issue is identified as an enhancement, the waiting game starts, and we don't know how long it will take NetSuite to fulfill that business needs. The turn around time is not the best on that aspect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you map out your business processes before implementing the process in NetSuite. Also make sure your company reviews the processes implemented periodically, so processes are up to date using NetSuite as a tool to help business to operate and grow.

AR, AP, Inventory, CRM and finance are all stored in one single account accessed by users. No need to move/map data around, because different persons are see different facets of the same data.

NetSuite review by Danielle K.
Danielle K.

"Not Entirely Intuitive"

What do you like best?

Netsuite has a robust amount of features, but the training that you get at the onset of acquiring the software is hardly enough to help you navigate around. It's easy to access and has many features that can support a wide range of business functions.

What do you dislike?

As mentioned in the "liked best" paragraph, NetSuite has many functions that are not easy to navigate without a roubst amount of training. Some components of the Accounts Receivable model are unlike standard billing systems in their naming conventions for determining billing and payment histories.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get all of the training your company can afford. The software subscription is far too costly to not understand all of it's components

Consolidating our accounting software and always having the most upgraded version at the ready. We have still not yet realized any benefits different from our previous platforms.

NetSuite review by Francesco P.
Francesco P.

"Very usefull for expense report and timesheet"

What do you like best?

This software is very intuitive and very easy to use. Furthermore, it has a lot of functionalities that let me report all of my activities in the companies, keeping track of it and helping my superiors to monitor.

What do you dislike?

It's really hard to find someone that is not fitting well with my needs on NetSuite :D

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a single integrated platform that allows you to manage everything from just a single point! all in one rulez.

More clear time reporting, expense reporting, communication

NetSuite review by Antonio S.
Antonio S.

"Terrible implementation, extremely poor CRM, unfriendly reporting interface"

What do you like best?

Their support service (as long as you paid for the expensive premium gold support) is pretty good. The interface is not user friendly and it looks outdated.

What do you dislike?

The NetSuite implementation was one of the worst implementations driven I have experienced in my 20 years of IT experience. If you have already signed for NetSuite or you are about to have your implementation started make sure you have NetSuite Consultants on site. Otherwise, you will be wasting hundreds of hours on the phone making no progress.

The Contracts Renewals module is great in theory but is buggy and needs very specific configurations in order to make it work right. We had to go over 2 different consultants and pay extra money to have it set it up correctly.

The Payroll module needs improvement. If you are processing payroll batches you cannot modify any information of your users or you will need to re-run the payroll batch again. So any manual adjustments will be lost and you will have to start over again. There is no way to interact via API with Payroll. Making any integrations with an HR system really hard.

The do not have any CSV integration. If you need to do bulk uploads or batches, then you need to do import a csv manually. If you want to automate the process then you need a CSV tool they sell for an extra $6,000.

The employee portal is totally locked down. You cannot modify the links or the portlets (as they call them) or customize anything.

The timesheets are very weak, do not have too much room for configuration. NetSuite Payroll does not have any mechanism for PTO automated accrual.

The Project Module is not worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you get a consultant that is going to be fully dedicated to work with you. Make sure they totally understand your business and your requirements. Make sure the meet your requirements before you sign.

NetSuite should not sell the CRM component. It is terrible. The same deal for the Project piece.

The reports are extremely difficult to set up. Do not expect your Finance people being able to figure out and create their own reports. It will not happen. It is too complicated for the average user.

Training is not good enough and totally over priced.

The Outlook integration does not work and it is not supported.

You are on your own with APIs.

We have truly not improved at all but just moved our problems somewhere else. Don't take my wrong, NetSuite is a very powerful Accounting tool but not a good ERP solution. I would not recommend it.

It is true that Payroll take us now less time to run but the process has become more manual than before.

NetSuite review by Stacy W.
Stacy W.

"Tired of hearing about an upsell"

What do you like best?

We love the idea of being able to customize and that all of our financials are talking to each other. There are a lot of features of Net Suite and we are confident that it can handle all that we need it to.

What do you dislike?

Net Suite the company. We told the sales person what our needs were, agreed to the quote and recommendation and now when we ask a question or need something, it is all about wanting us to go to the next big thing. Why can we not work on the platform we have and get the support we need?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hire a consultant to help with implementation. Do not rely on the support staff of Net Suite.

Multi-company financials that have a complex system around them.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Fishery
Administrator in Fishery

"Netsuite is a user friendly, dynamic and versatile ERP system to use."

What do you like best?

The database platform is so versatile that I can setup multiple customized fields to capture operation data that relates to the accounting period. I find this very helpful when we analyze our operation performance as it relates to the financial data for any particular reporting periods.

What do you dislike?

The pricing has become less affordable for small businesses like mine. I am seriously thinking of switching to another ERP system, not because I dislike the software but because I cannot afford to continue paying the high license fees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

carefully evaluate cost and benefits

We use Netsuite primarily for financial report but I see other benefits for storing data that are not financial in nature, e.g. species of product, cut type of specs of resale products, access controls of certain data that can be useful to sales or other department outside accounting.

NetSuite review by John M.
John M.

"two companies over last 3 years, ACG and Spartaco."

What do you like best?

online access from anywhere. creative dashboarding, workflow and filtering/listing. Ease of adding Item, Customer, Vendor Master fields.

What do you dislike?

too much scripting for standard transactions and workflow in sales order entry, inventory management, cash app.

Too many clicks for transactions. Need better keystroke/next field management. Staff/IT not picking up on keystroke/workflow management fast enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to implement for new acquisitions if you have the right base config.

Complex manufacturing not fully developed. Distribution oriented business here at Spartaco; light-assembly only.

Documentation support. Workflow process design. Multi-dimensional sales & margin analysis.

ODBC flexibility paired with data management tools, either Adaptive Insights or Tableau.

NetSuite review by Mark B.
Mark B.

"Not worth the money for what you get"

What do you like best?

easy access everywhere to all data from anywhere

What do you dislike?

everything, it's nice to have all the bells and whistles but you need to be able to do the basic things first, accounting reports giving bad figures. NOOOOO SUPPORT HELP unless your buying more options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go a different direction, I do more manually now than I have ever done before. Almost put us out of business during setup.

ease of access from anywhere, remote customer or in the warehouse on a tablet

NetSuite review by Paul E.
Paul E.

"We couldn't do what we do with our tiny staff complaint without NetSuite"

What do you like best?

Connectivity with 3rd oarty software/plartforms through APIs is our main plus for NetSuite. Doing data validation and manipulation before the import has made a fantastic improvement to our administrative procedures.

Flexibility in customisation is absolutely the star attribute, we could never go to a system where this functionality was not available for us. We do our own customisation and integrations despite the micro size of our business.

What do you dislike?

We are knocking off the dislikes as we make each and every admin task that causes us hassle so this section becomes ever less important.

Processing low value orders through a One World account on a fully automated basis.dat by day is the big plus. Noe wautimating the Amazon reconciliation routines is a doddle.

Moving data out to Excel for more sophisticated modelling than most undertake, and then moving the results back into NetSuite, all fully automated, is the current task. This will impact on sales monitoring, GVA management and inventory purchasin as well as cash forecasting.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Very Powerful System"

What do you like best?

what I like the best is the flexibility of Netsuite, it allows you to customize your workflows in many different ways.

What do you dislike?

I love save searches, but the learning curve is too long, there is so much power but to little tutorials on how to use it right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please, learn save searches and get a good consultant to set up the system, the implementation could be a back breaker, please try to find some one great. do not settle with Netsuite consultants unless you are 100% sure they can do the job. we ended up hiring some one out side Netsuite and the process was better, I think Nesuite is locking on a good implementation team.

One business problem that Netsuite is helping us is on our customer database, it's able to maintain all our accounting and customer interface together giving us a better way to view our reports and our customers transactions in a day to day action.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring
Administrator in Outsourcing/Offshoring

"Netsuite is a powerful tool"

What do you like best?

The features of Netsuite is almost endless. We are still discovering new things that we can do even after using Netsuite for our accounting software for 10 years. We went from a trader/wholesaler to have our own manufacturing, went from 1 locations, to 5 locations in the U.S., then 2 more international locations, Netsuite was able to handle it all. It is very capable!

What do you dislike?

The support is hard or insufficient even after we got the Gold Support package. It takes a long time to get people to answer the phone; a lot of times the first person answer the call could not resolve the issue and had to be escalated to higher support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

take time to get trained.

Cloud based accounting to allow executive and salespersons to manage sales and performance anywhere in the world. It improves efficiency.

Multi-location, multi-language allow us to use one accounting software for all subcidiaries internationally.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Accelerating Growth powered by Netsuite"

What do you like best?

Moving into Netsuite from an assortment of other programs is a game changer as the unified data model helps us make better business decisions and find efficiency that were not possible before

What do you dislike?

We are a small team, and at times the work load can be a lot to handle. Of course though we like the ability to collect more data, but it does require more man power to input it and take advantage of. I see this challenge subsiding as we continue to hire.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to fully understand the resources needed to implement the platform.

The two biggest gains we have seen have been in the account side, and inventory management. We are able to have a holistic picture of the financials of a particular product, customer, or order which we did not have before. Netsuite and RF Smart are also greatly helping us in our warehouse operations and inventory control.

NetSuite review by James M.
James M.

"A Satisfied Customer"

What do you like best?

The BEST thing about Netsuite is the flexibility for the system to be customized to a particular process (and not having to change our process to the limits of our ERP/CRM system).

Netsuite allows us to create Custom Inputs, Reports, Queries, Forms and Records. with a Visual Workflow Manager that can control the entire process like; making fields required for certain users, showing popup messages to inform the user, sending email notifications etc.. Basically the Workflow Manager allows us to automate work and control our process.

What do you dislike?

When working with any hosted service there can be a downside to time for submitting work to the cloud. Its a matter of milliseconds but is noticeable compared to running a desktop Application on a local server. Of course this is more than made up by knowing that we no longer need to ever reenter any data into a different system because Netsuite runs our entire business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Netsuite should be considered for any business that is needing an ERP, SRP or CRM solution ...or even better if you need all three.

We were able to remove a full rack of servers that we had to maintain (Application Software, Hardware and Server Operating Systems). A big plus is enabling our team can work from wherever they are. During the last big snowstorm we were as productive as we were when we could actually come into the office and work from home is a fantastic option for some.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Excellent ERP Solution"

What do you like best?

The system allows customizations while allowing you to remain current on the latest release, as opposed to having to do the upgrade/implementation cycle.

What do you dislike?

Outside of the process change for accountants to think about (lack of batch processing between sub-systems), the biggest headache is the need for a JavaScript developer to make any significant customizations within the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review your processes and try and avoid replicating your current processes. Use this as a springboard to review and improve your processes

Using NetSuite, we have been able to leverage the Cloud Resources to improve access to the system while people are remote as well as take advantage of the Advanced Revenue Management module to improve revenue reporting under ASC 605. This will also allow us to comply with the new ASC 606 Revenue standards

NetSuite review by Gareth W.
Gareth W.

"Customized for a complex business but small business"

What do you like best?

Netsuite has provided a critical foundation for our currently small business to grow with a complex operating model including B2B, B2C, ecommerce, importing, light manufacturing, repairs workshop, in house logistics and will allow us to build systems for vendor managed inventory and customer asset maintenance programs which are the next key projects in our development. Our key likes:

1. We are part of a huge user group of 20,000+ companies so when the system is down (which is rare) you know it won't be for long.

2. The ability to make incredible customizations in house enables an agile response to changes in our business processes and market changes without engaging a developer and their lead times.

3. Scalability - we can easily open new locations and set up off site storage with no additional programming or hardware requirements.

4. Rich and customizable user dashboards which drive individual performance across our whole team.

Our express implementation also went very well with a successful go live in 3 months from the start of the project. We did however and would suggest companies embarking on an implementation engage a senior level executive to lead and be fully involved in the implementation. You need someone with a 360 degree knowledge of the business to really make the implementation a success.

What do you dislike?

Very few dislikes about Netsuite however the standard reporting functionality is limited and extremely hard to configure. This is partly offset by the saved search feature which we have used extensively and can be used to build basic reports by all user levels.

We were sucked into purchasing Netsuite Gold Support for our first year after go live but hardly used it and have found the standard support to be just as good. Support is very limited and only really covers basic issues and they won't provide any advice on more advanced customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a thorough evaluation of your ERP needs and ask your vendor to demonstrate exactly how these requirements will be filled.

Ensure you have a senior level executive available pretty much full time during the implementation and there is strong value in this person understanding the basic customization features of the program so they can align them with the key business processes.

The business problems we set out to solve were to a) mitigate risk of failure with our current combination of Quickbooks, Advanced Pro Stock Control and Legrand CRM, b) ability to customize and align the system with our complex operation model and c) automate key administration tasks including AR.

Netsuite has delivered these objectives in full and has provided a stable platform to grow our business with no limitations.

NetSuite review by Billy D.
Billy D.

"Netsuite Makes Us Smarter"

What do you like best?

We converted to Netsuite from Quickbooks Enterprise Edition and it was the single best decision we ever made for our business. To have one highly effective system for Customer Management, ERP, and Marketing saves us time, money, and makes us Smarter. I would suggest Netsuite to any business experiencing growth and having challenges with Quickbooks.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing not to like about Netsuite. They exceed my expectations every time I need something, which is rare. The software is easy to use and Netsuite is super responsive if there is an issue. We've been live for one year and have had one system issue that lasted less than 1 hour. Can't say I had that kind of success with Quickbooks!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign the Contract. It will be the single best decision you can make for your business. And they did not pay me to write this...

We are an E-Commerce Company who processes thousands of transactions monthly. Netsuite helps us manage them faster and more accurate. We have gained a whole employee without having to hire a single person.

NetSuite review by Melissa G.
Melissa G.

"Great Software, Great People, Thanks Netsuite"

What do you like best?

We've been using Netsuite for a little over 3 months now and so far, so good. We use the software mainly to manage Sales Orders, Fulfillment and warehouse processes. We are moving our accounting and CRM into Netsuite as well and have found that it is extremely robust and has a lot of great features we continue to learn more and more about every week.

The thing I like the best about Netsuite is doing everything in one system, this will happen for us in about 4 to 6 months after we have fully transitioned our accounting and CRM.

What do you dislike?

Netsuite is extremely complex. While it provides us a lot of capability to do a lot of different things, it also adds steps to processes and overall has slowed some of what we do down; however, it also must be noted that we were taking shortcuts on pretty much everything before Netsuite. With the complexity also comes the ability to streamline every process we have in our warehouse.

We have had inventory issues for a while now and we are slowly fixing these issues using the inventory capabilities of Netsuite. Once we move our accounting over to Netsuite we will have the ability to see our financials from anywhere at any time in real time, which we are excited about.

NetSuite review by Amir K.
Amir K.

"Netsuite ERP Review"

What do you like best?

A consolidated, out of the box, core software, that when configured properly, is a valuable tool and asset to the organization.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the software is heavy and the implementation can add to that. Proper investment is needed if it can be afforded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need to best understand is this software matches your organization needs/scale.

We are building and organized operating and financial management tool and have realized through proper configuration, the simplistic model of business management.

NetSuite review by User

"Highly Customizable ERP"

What do you like best?

I work for a company that works in a very specialized field that requires many unique processes. We were able to customize NetSuite heavily to meet all of our needs. Because of NetSuites structure we have also altered our processes to be more compliant with regulations and more inline with industry standards.

What do you dislike?

Despite the amazing amount of customization that you can do, certain aspects are very rigid. The things that are rigid do not stop work from being done, but they just make the system less user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is important to hire a consultant to help make the transition. We used Sikitch.

NetSuite has helped us reduce redundant processes and helped standardize work across our companies. We are now working better between companies and departments.

NetSuite review by Tony B.
Tony B.

"Great resource for running our business"

What do you like best?

Access anywhere you have internet, ease of use and robust access to data and information critical to running a successful business

What do you dislike?

Customer support is expensive and responses are not solution based. Can be difficult to understand the person on the phone

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool, will be well worth your investment of time and $

Connects everyone in the organization to the information and data they need to do their job and to get answers to customer questions and inquiries. Allows us to maximize inventory turns with out decreasing fulfillment of orders, thus reducing our inventory spend

"Daily Netsuite user"

What do you like best?

Netsuite is a flexible ERP system that has some very nice features. The journal entry import feature is easy to use. I really like our service team with the additional ACS Monitor. Kevin Lallave is GREAT!!

BTW - I am a current user of NetSuite but I cannot make my screenshot upload

What do you dislike?

the service is mainly via website ticketing system. It is very difficult to properly communicate issues using the support site. Resolution takes several calls/emails and screen share sessions to complete. You have to pay for additional service support to get a live person who can help you navigate. Also, the canned reports are easy to customize within certain parameters. Specialized reports will require an SOW and an additional fee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you know how you want to use NetSuite and what reporting capabilities you need before you implement. Changing setup after implementation is difficult. Also, watch your currencies. You cannot change currency on an entity once it is setup

We use the ERP mainly for financial reporting, accounts payable and revenue recognition. We have several integrations including AvaTax and Salesforce via Celigo integrator. The AvaTax works well, but the Salesforce integration is not working seamlessly due to changes in the business since it was implemented. We have successfully used the banking export to make electronic payments directly from NetSuite to the bank.

"Great for Operations"

What do you like best?

My favorite features are the searches that are already built in, or can be customized to your business needs.

What do you dislike?

I really have no dislikes on the ERP software. I would like to better learn the features since the software is very robust. As I grow and learn I could really benefit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dive in and grow your business

Using the NetSuite ERP has really helped to get inventory issues under control in our warehouse. As an operations manager I am able to track every movement of an item in the warehouse. I can find unfulfilled orders that are making inventory appear off before going in to adjust inventory. An accurate tracking has provided us with less orders being left unfulfilled, and sped up the process of getting product into the customers hands.

NetSuite review by Brock V.
Brock V.

"Netsuite is a great CRM "

What do you like best?

As a sales manger, it provides easy access to metrics, and keeps the whole team organized.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is horrible, and their whole mobile experience isn't good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the whole company is on-board to use this as a primary tool. Every conversation, transaction, product needs to run through it in order for it to be successful. If all information is in there, you can do searches, have metrics based on products, conversations, etc. all in Netsuite

Organization for the whole team. All information and data is in one place. We require everyone to us netsuite for notes on accounts, etc.

NetSuite review by Michael W.
Michael W.

"Extremely Flexible"

What do you like best?

As a mining and manufacturing company, our needs are very different than most companies out there. We were able to build what we needed and meet a 90-day go-live schedule. Since that time, we've been able to onboard new acquisitions in less than 90-days!

I've been very pleased with what we've been able to create and integrate with minimal effort.

What do you dislike?

There are some odd restrictions for inter-company transactions, sales, etc. For example, if I want a finished good available for sale in two companies, the components must be available for both as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Let them guide you toward best practices. We wish we had.

We now have the ability to easily see performance per location, product line, company, or on a consolidated level with no data manipulation in between.

NetSuite review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Love the product hate the price increases"

What do you like best?

Having all my data in one place. The ease at which I can get to all related transactons.

What do you dislike?

This product is multi-tenant and as a customer I should be benefiting from scale. My price should not go up every year, most cloud based solutions maintain or reduce the price. In a few years I probably won't be able to withstand the cost. We need a better way to show advanced reporting charts (maybe incorporate google charts or the like) with built in tools to integrate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand that the price goes up every year, even though it's a cloud product and the more users they get the less per user it should be.

More accurate reporting by keeping the data in one container.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Great ERP with excellent reporting."

What do you like best?

Reporting is impressive. once you understand the basics, you can pretty much get any information you need.

The fact that it is online is also great for access.

What do you dislike?

Our bookkeeper dosent like some of the accounting functionality. Journals are more clinky than other more accounts based software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you spend a lot of time getting implementation right and choosing the right support partner. how you set it up will have a dramatic effect on your overall experience with the product.

Spend the extra time and $$ to get this right.

We are streamlined a lot of our processes and automated a lot of tasks.

Automatic reports has also helped make sure key data does not fall through the cracks.

NetSuite review by Eleni P.
Eleni P.

"Once some kinks were worked out, the team came to love the product very much."

What do you like best?

The most beloved feature? An amazing search function. There are all these little tricks built into NetSuite. For example, if I am a client among many, you could search for me by entering “cl: ele” in the top search bar. This works for any type of transaction. You type in the first two letters of the type (“cl” for client, “cr” for credit and so on), a colon plus the term to receive immediate results. As I work with thousands of transactions each month, this feature is incredibly useful.

NetSuite has a smart setup to serve our needs - once fully implemented and the kinks worked out. You can do mass updates to records easily. The imports tool is sophisticated and you can import, update and delete with it quickly and safely. You can save your parameters and view your progress on a separate screen.

Reporting has two features: Reports and Saved Search. Before we decided to go ahead with NetSuite as our vendor, I spoke to an executive at another company in our space who told me that “they have amazing reporting” (with an emphasis on the amazing) and it is so. You have to learn how to use it though. The NetSuite SuiteAnswers proved a thorough resource in this respect. Take a few minutes each day and pick a topic from there to read up on and watch the associated videos. You will learn to use features you may not have dreamed possible. (I learned the trick above from the site.) The NetSuite User Group and LinkedIn’s NetSuite groups are spots where you can post your questions for speedy responses from the community of users. Marty Zigman’s Prolecto blog is one I subscribe to and have learned from. There is a small Reddit community but I do not see it very active.

You can customize your system. All you need is Javascript. I was able to make some small tweaks to the PDF exports of our invoices without having to look for an outside consultant.

What do you dislike?

The implementation can be tricky. We are a small department and as I had some contacts who worked in the system and previous experience with SAP, I did some groundwork before final selection. I have now been working in NetSuite for a little over a year and, with the benefit of hindsight, I re-watched the demo on this page. I looked over my notes from the time we implemented it. As with everything, it is hard to envision the final form when you first see a demo or sit down with a NetSuite sales rep. I had expected a lot more of the system, things that are considered separate API implementations and not covered by the initial setup. It is not "plug and play." I believe that this is where an outside consultant doing the implementation would have provided the most value. For example, it is not simple to connect your Salesforce CRM to NetSuite to automatically push information over. If I want to push invoice numbers and payment status back to Salesforce to keep the opportunity updated, I need to implement a solution that may take a lot of time. An outside consultant could have taken care of this entire cycle whereas the NetSuite implementation team referred us to a company that does the Salesforce CRM to NetSuite connection. In the demos, you will be shown beautiful looking dashboards but left with little idea with how you will enter the information into the system to populate said dashboards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do as much research as humanly possible and speak to everyone that you can about their NetSuite and other ERP setups. You could never enter this process too prepared. There is a startup philosophy out there to wait until “it hurts” and to bootstrap/put off hiring for as long possible to keep costs down. Do not do this! You will read in other reviews that implementation can take a lot longer than anticipated and so it is.

You should also plan on spending one month in both your new and old systems. The first month can be tough, plan on working in your old system and this new one simultaneously.

Be incredibly detailed in what you need. SOWs for further customization work later will be very expensive. Then again - refer to Ted S.’s recommendation - you can be taken aback by what is not included. For example, we often need to copy people on invoices. In QuickBooks, I could save three email addresses on the client level, separated by commas, and send the invoice to all of them in one shot. In NetSuite, I need to add each email address to send unless I set up a workflow and write a script to automate the process.

You do not want to customize too much as it can make troubleshooting more difficult and prevent you from taking advantage of future features.

I am able to do quick uploads and downloads from my ERP now. Using Transaction Pro to upload online campaign delivery information into the accounting system for billing used to take hours and was fraught with errors.

The reporting feature (once learned!) is amazing.

We are quicker. We are able to upload, handle and organize transactions with greater speed. We are able to add additional team members because we are working with a more standardized system.