NetSuite for Nonprofits

NetSuite for Nonprofits

4.0

Powerful, cloud-based business management solutions purpose-built to meet the needs of nonprofit organizations.

Work for NetSuite for Nonprofits?

Learning about NetSuite?

NetSuite for Nonprofits Reviews

Ask NetSuite a Question
Showing 116 NetSuite reviews
NetSuite review by Nguyễn Xuân  T.
Nguyễn Xuân T.

"Strong customizable workflow and financial control ERP system"

What do you like best?

Customizing the Form and Workflow are much more user friendly, even any business users who don't have much technical knowledge also can do. Powerful report capability is also a big plus, especially the financial data is controlled and visualized effectively. The provided API through WebService is also very powerful to help the integration with other system much more easily and effectively

What do you dislike?

The printing function from the form does not support the excel, only printing out the pdf format.

Regarding the supply chain management, NetSuite does not support well the Lot Level management which needs much customization if the business needs the Lot Oriented management.

Lastly, the line number is not built-in field in forms such as Purchase Order, Sales Order, etc. and there is no good workaround NetSuite can support to visualize the line number well (there is a formula {linenumber} but this field is not persisted).

The error message returns from the API Webservice is not really meaningful to point out the root cause

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easily customized form and workflow, powerful report capability, flexibly data control. It is very suitable system for small and medium-sized enterprises who are looking for a simple and effective cloud-based ERP.

We are using the NetSuite to manage the manufacturing and financial data and process. The customizable capability of NetSuite is really helpful to adapt our very complicated supply chain and finance processes.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NetSuite for Nonprofits
NetSuite review by Mark P.
Mark P.

"Building deeper relationships with donors and staff"

What do you like best?

A single database for all of our donor and financial information makes it so easy to set goals, engage prospects and donors, and motivate staff. After switching to Netsuite we spend less time managing systems and more time building relationships. This, above all else, makes Netsuite a win for our organization.

What do you dislike?

Complete integration of all data means we're essentially married to Netsuite (for better or worse - mostly better). Changing vendors for CRM , Web Site, or Finance means we would lost the integration that is so valuable. Marketing and CRM development is lagging far behind Finance and is not best of breed in the industry.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you value a single point of view on all your data, Netsuite is worth a hard look. One of our core values is "Relationships First" and we couldn't deliver on that value without Netsuite.

-Multiple, disparate systems are migrated into one database.

-Users can access the information anywhere. This was much less common 12 years ago when we switched to Netsuite

-Staff are focused on relationship instead of technology maintenance

-Email and calendar are now integrated with our donor database (GSuite and Celigo)

What Nonprofit Accounting solution do you use?

NetSuite review by Chelsea W.
Chelsea W.

"NetSuite Administrator "

What do you like best?

At The WorkFaith Connection, we love having a highly-customized and cloud based system! We have been able to customize NetSuite to meet may of our organizations needs to track clients and reporting. When we went live on August 1, 2017 and knew the system would have a large impact on our employees' capability to work out of the office, but we had no idea the significant impact it would have on our organization when Hurricane Harvey hit Houston one month later. Our office lost power and we were displaced for almost 3 weeks. During the hurricane, we were able to send out marketing campaigns through NetSuite to every client in our database with a good email and pass along resources and information. If we had not moved to NetSuite when we did, we would have lost contact with many of our clients, but instead our team was empowered with real time data and the ability to communicate during a crisis.

What do you dislike?

While we plan to implement our Financials and Donors into NetSuite in 2018, we are currently not able to integrate our Volunteers. We really need a portal for our our Volunteers. We currently have close to a 100 Volunteers actively working with our clients and they need the ability to sign in from home, log their own hours, view schedules, run reports, etc. We will have to continue to use another database to track Volunteers, but would love to integrate them into NetSuite if we ever had this capability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We highly recommend using custom records and fields to take advantage of all NetSuite has to offer in customizing to meet your non-profit needs. Another quality that's great for non-profits is the ability to send mass email and text message communication and log responses in the system. This has been a great benefit to staying in touch with our clients.

NetSuite has empowered our users in so many ways. In our previous CRM database, we only had one person who could create reports and queries. But now, many of our employees are enjoying customizing searches and gathering information to help in their day to day work. As an Administrator, it's a joy to see our staff invest their time to learn the power of NetSuite for reporting. Having real time data tracking is a great benefit for our organization and reporting needs. We are excited about the improvements we have already seen in getting this information easily and quickly!

NetSuite review by Yana K.
Yana K.

"Great product and amazing team"

What do you like best?

NetSuite is a cloud-based solution, which proves to be a great benefit to us. It is easy to use, very flexible, logical, and what is important for nonprofit, economical. We had the best implementation team that took time to understand our business processes, listen to our needs, advise on best business practices, and provide creative solutions. They are true partners to us!

What do you dislike?

Every system has its peculiarities. I would not call them "flaws", as they were undoubtedly designed with care, but they might be not easily applicable to our practices. No major disappointments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this product. Easy to learn and use, flexible, configurable.

With NetSuite we are now able to capture costs in a much easier and meaningful way; we can track and manage projects. We are currently in the process of implementing additional modules - Procurement, Contract Management, Advanced Revenue Management. Once we complete this process, we will have a comprehensive, integrated system.

NetSuite review by Mika P.
Mika P.

"SIMPLE AND HELPFUL (NOTE: I'm using the account of my boss. The account name is Pie Mariano.)"

What do you like best?

NetSuite can help me to access donors information and donation history in one window (donor dash). We can keep track of the cash donations with ease. I really wanted to try the e-mail features of NetSuite, but we're not yet in that phase. We, our company is still in the learning process but we're live now. We're not using the whole system yet but I'm excited to use everything that will be available to our account. Also, I'm excited to have my very own account.

(NOTE: I'm using the account of my boss. The account name is Pie Mariano but my name is Micah Parro.)

What do you dislike?

We can't delete some unnecessary fields that makes it more so confusing. It can't accommodate our In-Kind donations that makes us use the old database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

EASE OF USE when you have the proper training and good consultants. :)

It connects the Donorcare Department and the Finance/Treasury Department that helps us trace some cash donations of a specific donor.

NetSuite review by Ton S.
Ton S.

"Nimble, Robust, Open ERP Solution for NFPs"

What do you like best?

Netsuite for Nonprofits is a robust and nimble ERP platform fully suited to solving common challenges faced by mid-sized NFPs. NFPs looking for a full-featured & simple ERP platform with capability to adjust to all the unique and fluctuating challenges that a NFP faces will find much to love in Netsuite. Key features for me include customizability, ease of use, and deep reporting capability.

What do you dislike?

Organizations without a tech savvy professional or Netsuite familiar administrator will find things like setting rich customization options or accessing deeper functions somewhat difficult to implement or access. Certain features of Netsuite, especially the deep customization options, can be difficult to deploy if not a power user. Organizations lacking a power user might want to invest in Netsuite certification for their administrator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Netsuite for NFPs is rich in features but fully accessing those features is not always intuitive --- at least not for less tech savvy users. I highly recommend an organization designate an administrator with ERP implementation background or, as the ideal, is certified in Netsuite to some degree. Organizations may also find through the course of operating that more features need to be added (bought), so this possibility should be budgeted/planned.

P2P, accounting management, and vendor management. Key benefit so far is the deep reporting capability proffered by Netsuite. Our organization has benefited from having rich and deep visibility into our finances and transactions. I especially enjoy the ability to distribute detailed reports internally to stakeholders.

NetSuite review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Good"

What do you like best?

I liked best that I can follow NetSuite quite easily, without a hitch I might add. The theme was constant and I was not distracted while looking at my information. The security was handy but at times a bit much.

What do you dislike?

What I disliked the most about NetSutie was that I was bored whenever I logged in to see my pay. A pie chart would be fun to see, displaying what part of my pay goes towards taxes, retirment, etc. Also, logging in was a pain with the extra secuirty questions - I recall having to have my account reset 3 times because I was have problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add color! But keep a steady theme, moving forward with the newer generation we apreicate the efforts to be somewhat artistic and bright. Or at least bright - I vaugly remember seeing lots of grey whenever I logged in.

I am currently not solving any business problems because that is above my pay grade "har-har*. With NetSuite I am purely observing what my paystubs appear to be from time to time.

NetSuite review by Sophia Y.
Sophia Y.

"Robust Accouting Software with the ocaisional bug"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to upload a variety of journal entries and how easy it is to save the backup documentation. It also awesome how Netsuite can do expense allocations also. Report drill down is easy too.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how when there are new releases, it messes up with settings that cause errors. We then have to call customer service to figure out why a report or allocation or upload use to work but now doesn't.

Definitely having Netsuite allocate the expenses saves a TON of time. Rather than having to calculate the allocation in excel and upload several journal entries. The upload journal templates are easy to create so make new bulk journal entries uploads easy.

NetSuite review by Lauren C.
Lauren C.

"Netsuite has given me hours of my time back"

What do you like best?

Netsuite has enabled me to automate a lot of the processes that used to take me hours due to a multitude of manual entries. It has also enabled me to get quick snapshot views of firm activity (e.g. vacation time tracking, missing timesheets) that once was impossible or extremely time consuming to produce.

What do you dislike?

The user interface isn't always so friendly when you try to customize the system to meet your needs (e.g. adding your own fields can clog up the screens, and customized reports can sometimes break when there are system-wide updates). It can be a bit clunky to work with unless you only use the generic out-of-the box features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure

Our monthly closes are much more efficient, and we've gotten a better handle on where our people are spending their time and how well they are being utilized.

NetSuite review by Nick S.
Nick S.

"Good for what it is"

What do you like best?

It is an entry level ERP that will largely make things work how you want them and is a huge step above not having an ERP.

What do you dislike?

It requires you to use a point and click interface, does not allow standard SQL code for writing reports, and overall is a bit clunky. The periodic updates can change functionality, and there are multiple outstanding modification requests that badly need to be addressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a decent option. Consider your budget and look around at the various vendors. Not surprisingly, implementation will be difficult. Don't spare the expense or overtime hours early on; implement it fully and correctly from the beginning.

It's an ERP and is a massive step up from not having an ERP. Fundamentally it forces the users to do things in a standardized way. This is both annoying and massively helpful. It will dramatically improve the quality of your data.

NetSuite review by Tracy C.
Tracy C.

"New NetSuite for Nonprofits user."

What do you like best?

Ease in tracking entries from Departments through GL. Customizable reporting, although, we are still learning. I really like the ease of importing budgets and journal entries.

What do you dislike?

Several features are missing, like auto populating fields as you type part of a name (Class, Vendor, etc.). Making and saving changes to default reports is not terribly easy.

On the budget screen, the row labels aren't locked, so as I scroll through months, I lose the account #/name I am reviewing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it, but give yourself time for a learning curve. There are a few missing items that I would expect to be standard. (As noted throughout survey.)

There is no more lengthy reconciliation month-end process between the Development Department and Accounting. Occasionally, some restriction reclassifications are necessary.

NetSuite review by Vijayakumar J.
Vijayakumar J.

"NetSuite for NGO's"

What do you like best?

Simple and process oriented screens for Non profit organisation's financial process. Easy to link banks and payment links for payables. Simple accounting and financial reports. Flexible reports formats pre=defines helps to derive reports faster as per company's requirement.

What do you dislike?

Integration needs technical guy to do the job rather it should be easier for any functional consultants and administrators within organisation. More widgets for integration need be provided for easier and less cumbersome operations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy and flexible companion to account every rupee of receivables and payables

Receivables from donors and payables to all the service providers and consultants are easier and simple like write checks and deposits. Donors link to projects makes and benefitted with donors can be treated like cliets and client access let them view their dashboard.

NetSuite review by Dempsey W.
Dempsey W.

"Only Worth Your Time If Not Integrating"

What do you like best?

NetSuite is highly configurable through the UI. If you do not have large custom processes to build out with NS, you will be much happier with it than we have been.

What do you dislike?

The vendor has provided us with very little notice before the many system maintenance outages we have experienced since we went live in Jan 2017. We were told to plan for 2 system outages per year and we have already experienced 6 in the last 5 months. We were given an average of 3-4 days notice for these outages.

The platform is also very limited in what you can do via code. The push from NS is to do everything through the UI rather than coding.

We are using NS to track and manage child sponsorships.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Cumbersome, not clear and not oriented towards customer success "

What do you like best?

CSV Import functions are by far the best feature. However, even this process require significant file tweaking before importing due to so many fields being required

What do you dislike?

the system is not intuitive; takes a long time to learn your way around; training is overwhelming and not focused on the customer's needs; training provides an overview of what NS can do in general and for industries that the customer will ne use - which is useless; The NS system required some customization for our industry - and that didn't go very well: there was a visible disconnect between the development and the implementation teams; it felt that NS never truly understood our processes and how our industry functions; the customized solution was more developed to mash our needs to fit NS rather than develop a solution that fits our needs; The overall experience and delivery of the product felt extremely amateurish at best. I'm really sorry for the negative review but the hope is that maybe, maybe, somebody would read the review and might pursue some positive change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

be vigilant with the value proposition - not aligned with reality

a better flow of information and increased engagement among our faculty, students and other customers. NS was supposed to deliver increased efficiencies (that was the goal) - so far it feels it just add more labor. Nonetheless, we're still during our implementation process and the value promised might still be materialized.

NetSuite review by Graham S.
Graham S.

"Adaptive, easy to use and great support backbone"

What do you like best?

Being a system's developer, i like being able to customise various elements to suit our requirements. I also like the way NetSuite are constantly improving and releasing new features.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes requested changes can take a long time t be implemented, especially if they don't get many votes..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it - as long as you have a development team that are familiar with CRM systems then i would recommend at least trialling it to see how you get on.

Aggregating all of our revenue streams into one place makes things a lot easier, we are almost at a point where we no longer rely on a multitude of spreadsheets.

NetSuite review by User in Information Technology and Services

"The best ERP for a non-profit company"

What do you like best?

I love the functionality of NetSuite - building workflows and import to gain efficiencies for manual tasks (i.e. creating monthly invoices for 30+ tenants). Another great aspect is the saved search function. When tasked to find specific details within NetSuite, the saved search function makes life so much easier to find specific data. Finally, the revenue recognition tables that we can attach on customer invoices allows us to easily recognize any deferred revenue by a click of the button instead of manually entering each revenue line.

What do you dislike?

When trying to add a new responsibility to a role, it can be very time consuming and difficult. It sometimes requires many fields to be turned on or adjusted for the correct access to be gained. I would have a database on all required fields that need to be turned on for each role or function. (i.e. Ability to import customer payments - you need to have , customer payment turned on, have customer payment templated checked etc). I think this would reduce the stress and difficulty of adding responsibility to non-

administrators.

More transparency for budget owners. NetSuite allows us to send detailed monthly reports to budget owners so they can track how they are tracking to their budget.

NetSuite review by Jafet M.
Jafet M.

"Una excelente herramienta para llevar el control contable/financiero de la organización."

What do you like best?

Me encanta que es una herramienta que esta en la nube y que puedo ingresar desde cualquier computadora; es una herramienta muy amigable e innovadora.

What do you dislike?

Netsuite no tiene un cashflow dinámico.

Recommendations to others considering the product

es una herramienta versátil.

Es una herramienta amigable y que esta a la vanguardia de la tecnología.

Toda la información está en la nube.

Puedes visualizar la información importante desde la app para teléfono celular.

Puedes programar todos los informes que desees y te llegan a tu correo electrónico de manera periódica.

Netsuite company nos ha ayudado en la elaboración de reportes fiscales y tributarios para algunos países de latinoamerica, esto permite que cumplamos con la normativa de cada país.

NetSuite review by User

"Netsuite is functional, but cumbersome"

What do you like best?

It works. We use this to track hours among cross-skilled teams and with people in remote locations. Everything works as it should, and that's impressive with all the variability that our company requires from it.

What do you dislike?

However, Netsuite is cumbersome and tedious. There aren't built in ways to streamline activities like entering hours, and entering multiple hours for various projects becomes an exercise in clicking. Netsuite can also be incredibly finnicky. This is the other side of the coin to embracing variability; but often the entire system breaks down when one box is left unchecked.

We use Netsuite primarily for sales and for accounting purposes. It keeps track of everyones' billable hours as well as sales endeavors. It is used as a contact database and historical database for sales and previous jobs.

NetSuite review by Julian L.
Julian L.

"NetSuite has driven extreme efficiency "

What do you like best?

The user interface and reporting are amazing. The search functionality allows new users to easily navigate the system. The professional services team was very knowledgeable and provided great support during our implementation. Through the Suite success package we were able to implement in 78 days, without the pre packaged implementation we would not have been able to meet our business need of implementing within 3 months.

What do you dislike?

Some of the functionality could have been better suited for our business processes.

We can create much better management reports, have deeper transparency into our costs and can easily make changes in our system.

NetSuite review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Challenging but rewarding"

What do you like best?

I worked on integrating our WMS with NetSuite using SuiteTalk (Web Services). The API was extensive and we were able to accomplish most of our goals. Training was also helpful to get our feet wet but I think the most value we got out of the whole experience is the fact that we got dedicated team from NetSuite that worked closely with us.

What do you dislike?

There are things that I could live with and some not. For instance, we had to customize the revenue recognization piece at mid-point because we found out that the native functionality was not custom enough to support our needs.

Also the most annoying thing was the SuiteScript custom scripts that we had to maintain. There isn't a streamline/integrated process with our current version control system (VSTS).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your extensive planning and get help from a professional consultant, you will need it and train your staff

It comes down to working more efficiently and increase collaboration accross functional groups within the organization. With our previous system, updates were impossible to apply because of the amount of maintenance needs to be done, so the cost was high. Until we upgraded to NetSuite where updates are managed and seemless.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Environmental Services
Administrator in Environmental Services

"Effective ERP System"

What do you like best?

NetSuite is easy to implement, more user friendly than the ERPs I know, on cloud so it is a relief on maintenance of boxes, and most of all the Suite Volunteer Program and the Support System are very helpful to clients like us. Finally, NetSuite is not using programming language that is exclusive for it, so it is easier for anyone who knows generic Java codes.

What do you dislike?

I have been an IT for more than 30 years and I can say that as an ERP system, NetSuite is very effective. However, instead of going through trial method, or waiting for cases to be posted, I would like to have a training section inside NetSuite where anyone can follow video trainings on just the basics ex., adding or editing company logos on the dashboard, adding metrics on the dashboards, creating maps for projects using database with location etc..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Maybe NetSuite can work on more nonprofit applications - we sometimes adjust from the normal financial processes of profit organizations to something applicable to our nonprofit organization.

We have improved the way we do our financial processes and reports after moving from crude stand alone financial software to NetSuite. With NetSuite, we have almost nil manual processes and the time we saved from this, we used in improving our foundational works. The few staffs of the Coca-Cola Foundation Phils, are not anymore tied up with financial works and are now able to handle more sustainable programs for communities across the Philippines.

NetSuite review by Sivakami K.
Sivakami K.

"Customization as per need"

What do you like best?

You can build reports as per the needs of the organization. Access from any place, any time. Further, one can customize the forms as per need and suited for organization growth. Also, it helps you to connect the various functions of the organization under under one roof.

What do you dislike?

After Sales support is not adequate. During implementation, one becomes aware of the additional changes / modifications required in the ERP , at that time the support given is not adequate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please make sure that the pre GO LIVE period is used effectively to ensure all necessary changes are incorporated. Also after sales support to be specified very clearly in the contract.

We have tried automating our financial reports which has helped in reducing manual intervention

NetSuite review by Melody M.
Melody M.

"NetSuite has surpassed our expectations!"

What do you like best?

We are a small non-profit, and greatly appreciate the flexibility of NetSuite's ERP to accommodate our financial and donor management needs as we grow. Their customer support and training has been superb. And the intuitive use of their system is a definite plus.

What do you dislike?

We have not disliked anything. At best, we wish we were larger to be able to use more of NetSuite's functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are especially delighted with the NetSuite's donor management capabilities.

NetSuite keeps our non-profit on top of our donor management and reporting needs, and our ability to reconcile financials with NetSuite is key to our integrity.

NetSuite review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"It's a bumpy road"

What do you like best?

I really like that we've been able to integrate multiple databases into one place

What do you dislike?

It's not an intuitive system to learn and the terminology is very different from what we are used to using. There seem to be a lot of redundant steps to do what seems like it should be a simple search. There isn't a lot of guidance for learning. It's just trial and error, which takes a lot of extra time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a long road to get it where you want it to be. We have not done that successfully yet and have been working on it for almost a year.

We are connecting multiple databases to, ideally, create a seamless process for everyone at our organization to see which programs each of our clients are a part of.

NetSuite review by Svetlana K.
Svetlana K.

"great way track donor relationships "

What do you like best?

I like that I only have to put in the information once -- then run multiple reports depending on what I'm working on.

What do you dislike?

Because there are so many features it can be time consuming to figure out, especially if you do not have a background in IT or programming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have volunteers or staff identified for the transition and implementation process. Be prepared to put in the time before you experience the payoff of using the system. Once it is implemented, the features are very nice and will save you lots of time in the long fun.

We have been able to streamline our processes for tracking event registrations, donations, donor relationships, and gift acknowledgements. The system is also great for identifying duplicate records and keeping our donor lists clean.

NetSuite review by Stephanie P.
Stephanie P.

"Perfect for tracking and reporting"

What do you like best?

I use Netsuite to track my time and the time of people who I supervise and their expenses. It's pretty easy to use for even for staff who are not comfortable using the computer. I love that data is real time - I can immediately see time that is entered. I used to have to wait for emails or faxes with timesheets.

What do you dislike?

Overall, I really like Netsuite. I can't think of anything that I dislike. I'm very satisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend trying Netsuite for Non-Profits, particularly if you are a large agency with many staff. Be aware that there is considerable set up time and the licenses are relatively expensive.

Netsuite helped us to track our time and expenses in a more systematic manner. It helped us to gather more detail on how staff actual spend their time, which is very helpful when budgeting and managing costs.

NetSuite review by Amit A.
Amit A.

"1 year"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, flexibility of the system, saved searches and reports are very helpful in analyzing data. Integration with other cloud based systems has been seamless.

What do you dislike?

company is slow in addressing enhancement requests. Some of the requirements are very basic but it's surprising that such features are still not out of the box. But overall it's a great system and certainly with a long term vision in the right direction.

We have been able to move fixed asset management from tracking in excel to a real erp system which has reduced mistakes. The system has provided us to increase end to end controls and eliminate/ reduce mistakes. Scheduling of reports, saved searches and KPI metrics now provide real time insight to business. Having integrated other cloud based systems have made all aspects of business seamless. All of this has contributed to better decisions by the leadership team and efficiency gains.

NetSuite review by JR M.
JR M.

"NetSuite as a core ERP is meeting our not for profit needs"

What do you like best?

We implemented NetSuite on time and under budget. We went live on NetSuite on July 1, 2016. It was a critical ERP platform that is the foundation that allows us to manage a $300mm budget in a multi-currency and decentralized environment. We have 900 employee across 60 chapters in North America and NetSuite has provided a multi-dimensional environment that allows us to manage our fund-raising campaigns and shared service cost centers. The system has helped us improve our ability to make decisions based on data and provided improved controls over the financial transactions. We have increased our transparency into the operations by integrating with other key systems at LLS.

What do you dislike?

We struggled with the online training provided by NetSuite and decided prior to go live to incorporate live training from NetSuite. The live training was excellent and provided us with that personal touch and focused the training experience on what we needed to know instead of having to learn about sales and inventory modules that were not necessary to our environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend NetSuite to other non-profits considering a change in ERP systems. Feel free to contact me i you have any questions about NetSuite.

We wanted to improve transparency in to transactions to focus the leadership of the organization on making effective decisions based on data instead of focusing on how to process transactions. Along with integrations with Adaptive Insights, Pyango, and Fluxx the system has met our needs and we are building on that foundation with additional rollouts of Coupa and Salesforce. All of this has made us much more efficient at processing transactions and reduced our IT costs significantly.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Religious Institutions
Administrator in Religious Institutions

"Just getting started on global NetSuite deployment for 150+ different national entities"

What do you like best?

So far we like the things NetSuite can do in our non-profit space which other financial platforms could not do. The global consolidations and currency management are crucial for us as well.

What do you dislike?

We wish there was more high-volume donation processing options available without requiring additional customization. Same with the need for high-volume bank reconciliation functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NetSuite really understands non-profits and has enough flexibility to accommodate a wide range of business functions. If the feature is not native, there are several ways to arrive at a solution that fits.

Increasing efficiency of our financial services, creating better visibility into our various global entities, better donor reporting. We have not yet realized any benefits because we just began deployment (March 2017)

NetSuite review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Clunky user interface for end users, especially Weekly Time Tracking"

What do you like best?

I really can't think of anything, Truth to the matter, entering time on a spreadsheet is far easier. The mobile app is a good idea, but needs better design to maximize experience.

What do you dislike?

It forces me to click OK to accept Memo changes of an existing row, or won't commit the change.

Copy from previous week randomizes the project order.

Only works in Chrome.

The control for Project list is awkward.

Search functionality for Project doesn't do substring search, rendering it not useful.

Weekly Time Tracking lacks the "Save for Later", making a Save each time alerting my supervisor. This is by far my biggest complaint.

I am not an administrator, therefore I am not able to answer this.

NetSuite review by Timothy B.
Timothy B.

"NetSuite can make things a lot easier"

What do you like best?

Still in the implementation phase, but from what I have seen so far, NetSuite can make things a lot easier by leveraging a "single source of truth" to various internal customers, beyond Finance, such as human resources and field operations.

What do you dislike?

Growing pains are always hard. In our case, being "forced" to clean up our processes and our data processing so that we can use it in a more connected way was difficult.

Since we are still in the implementation phase, I couldn't say we have realized real benefits yet. However, just the exercise of taking a hard look at our business processes, and being able to harmonize these processes across our departments, is already extremely beneficial.

NetSuite review by Mary Lu C.
Mary Lu C.

"Couldn't be happier"

What do you like best?

NetSuite is flexible, customizable and User friendly. Also, grabbing management KPIs out of the system is so easy.

What do you dislike?

There are some internal NS rules set up around a few fields that you have to work around. But at least it's doable.

We are a job readiness program offering classes to our Participants. We implemented an extensive CRM customization to track our Participant's (customers) interest and attendance in our programs. We also do job coaching with our graduates which we track in the system.

NetSuite review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"NS is a great tool"

What do you like best?

Account Structure of the COA which is great for the submition

What do you dislike?

Not much i dont like about NetSutie one world

Recommendations to others considering the product

yes, it is an excellent software that works.

No Hardware or Software Costs

NetSuite is a cloud-based, business management software giving you greater reliability while eliminating the need for costly on-site hardware and software.

Lower Total Cost of Ownership

Eliminate IT maintenance and upgrade costs.

One System For Your Entire Company

NetSuite is the all-in-one solution that can grow with your business including accounting/ERP and eCommerce.

Software That Grows With You

You work hard to expand your business. NetSuite ensures that your growth won’t outpace your business systems.

we were able to solve our grant accounting issues by using Pyango

NetSuite review by Steve w.
Steve w.

"Ecommerce, order to cash, procure to pay"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize. Not only does NetSuite provide a full featured platform, the platform also allows users to customize it to add unique requirements. The beauty of the solution is that the customizations easily migrate to new versions.

What do you dislike?

NetSuite rolled out Suite Commerce.Advanced before it was ready. We discovered missing functionality and issues with existing functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find organizations with similar requirements and use them as references.

Before we implemented NetSuite we used 3 systems to support our business and had to maintain the same data across all 3. With NetSuite we were able to eliminate 1 of the systems and were able to implement integration that kept the two remaining systems in sync.

NetSuite review by Jenna N.
Jenna N.

"All-In-One Solution for a Growing Nonprofit"

What do you like best?

We use both the ERP and CRM functions in Netsuite, and find great benefit to having both platforms together in one user-friendly interface. There is no need to flip back and forth between multiple systems, and what's in your financials can easily be tracked back to your relationships within the CRM platform. Due to the unique nature of our organization, we were in need of a flexible system that would allow us to customize reports and track results based on our own requirements, and not those of a pre-packaged solution. Through customized reporting, saved searches, and CRM tracking capabilities, Netsuite has satisfied our need for flexibility, while providing us with invaluable insight.

What do you dislike?

We have been using Netsuite for 10 months now, and have been very pleased with the product. The online training was OK, but much of it was irrelevant to our nonprofit needs. Perhaps creating training manuals geared towards industry is in Netsuite's future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would gladly recommend Netsuite to other nonprofits looking for an all-in-one solution.

We migrated from excel onto Netsuite, so every facet of our business has improved thanks to the robust functionality of both the ERP and CRM platforms. We are more organized, and our ability to track and report out on day to day operations in real-time has proven to be invaluable.

NetSuite review by User in Computer Software

"Director of Sales and Marketing"

What do you like best?

A complete history of all sales opportunities and my active sales pipeline is managed in one place. Everyone involved with sales can access the same information and keep track of ongoing activity. My "Contact Us" web form is also linked to NetSuite, creating new leads on the fly.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is a bit clumsy and support is minimal.

We have addressed how to manage our sales pipeline, track contacts, archive contracts, and pass off new clients to our project management team who also use NetSuite.

We have reduced the need for too many people to be involved and now keep the workflow simple.

NetSuite review by Anand C.
Anand C.

"Awesome software for Nonprofits!"

What do you like best?

I love the robust feature set NetSuite provides our Nonprofit. It combines many tools into one, which helps onboarding new volunteers.

What do you dislike?

Netsuite can be pretty hard to setup initially and requires quite a bit of time to get going.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure you have the right team or consultant to help with the implementation.

Netsuite helps us track our financials, donor base, and volunteers. It has saved us countless hours of work which used to be done manually.

NetSuite review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Review of NetSuilte"

What do you like best?

Coming from QB the things that have saved us the most time when closing our books are the amortization schedules and the deferred revenue schedules. We were doing that by hand so its great that it is automated. We also use the ability to send our invoices via NetSuite which helps with tracking and member management.

What do you dislike?

The reporting could be better. There are a lot of options but it is hard to tell what report to use sometimes and then you end up having to customize them. Then all the customized reports end up in 1 category instead of keeping their original category so finding them again is too many clicks. They should be listed under the section the original report lived not just a dump all that is our saved reports section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a good idea of how you want NetSuite to look and feel before you start the implementation process. Since it is completely customizable you need to know what you want required what you don't need, etc or it will slow down the process.

Our invoicing process has speed up so we are able to collect faster and stay on top of invoices that have payment issues. We are also able to close our books faster which enables us to get our reporting out sooner and give the business the information when they need it.

NetSuite review by Administrator

"REally good general overall experience that takes patience to see the full impact of Netsuite"

What do you like best?

Netsuite is a one stop shop for your website (front end, Ecommerce), CRM, Customer data, ERP, backend data storage and management. Most of the functionality of wht is missing from NEtsuite Native functions is attainable with third party addon services

What do you dislike?

dislike the pricing mechanisms and pricing disparity between one customer to another experience

we have solved the issue where our website was a separate entity to itself, and having to use expensive and hard to manage middleware solutions that required alot of customizations to talk to Netsuite

NetSuite review by User

"NetSuite for Non-Profit"

What do you like best?

The integrations with our other services such as Zuora. It makes billing a breeze by automatically syncing over our invoices, credits, and payments. It cuts down time at month end when recognizing the revenue from those invoices and reconciling our invoices.

What do you dislike?

There are still some reporting concerns we would like to see addressed and fixed to connectors with certain outside systems, such as Salesforce.

We are solving cleaner revenue recognition and reporting by using NetSuite, as well as fixed asset management and vendor management for paying bills.

NetSuite review by Kierra M.
Kierra M.

"Updated Time Management System"

What do you like best?

Netsuite is a no mess no fuss system. This allows my company to keep track of each employees daily production goals. As well as provide an easy way to track time for payroll purposes.

What do you dislike?

Adding different job codes can be difficult. If everything isn't saved then you will have to repeat all of the steps over again.

time management

payroll

NetSuite review by Administrator in Research
Administrator in Research

"An incredible tool if you invest the resources"

What do you like best?

The integration of all aspects of ERP; having Marketing talking to Finance and Sales, while proding relationship management in one package is great. Also, we have a webstore in Netsuite, so my PCI compliance is much less.

What do you dislike?

It isn't set it and forget it; you must continually work on it for your users to get the most out of the product. A good 3rd part partner is essential to success.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to get a good consulting partner for setup.

We had four different systems that couldn't talk to each other. They do now, which enables us to make better business decisions.

NetSuite review by David T.
David T.

"We are excited to have such a great tool to manage and grow our ministry."

What do you like best?

The connections between the transaction and the bookkeeping. Ability to keep everything within one system.

What do you dislike?

Much more to NetSuite than we will ever utilize. Would be nice to limit exposure to things we won't use until we need them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure they have a dedicated person that can stick with the transition for the duration.

NetSuite finally provides one place for all of our transactions and accounting. No more tracking things on spreadsheets.

NetSuite review by Sergio B.
Sergio B.

"Netsuite has projected our charity into a larger dimension"

What do you like best?

We now have full control on every financial element of our operation, both revenue and expense items.

What do you dislike?

Extremely complicated. We limited our involvement with Netsuite to the financial/accounting section. Donor management was hard to set up and not fully meeting our needs. We decided to pass on DRM..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan to invest a lot of time and effort for proper implementation.

Complete financial transparency.

NetSuite review by sivakami selvi K.
sivakami selvi K.

"Useful yet has not been fully adapted to non profit sector needs"

What do you like best?

Customization of donor reports and accessibility of data

What do you dislike?

After sales support is very poor. Unable to customize certain aspects of accounting data to meet the legal compliance requirements in India. All compliance needs of non profit sector are not being met.

Recommendations to others considering the product

1/ Ensure all customization is taken care at the design stage

2/ During the first year of implementation many things not envisioned at the time of design stage comes up. To ensure the vendor is available to support fully during the entire first year of implementation and not just the first couple of months.

Have been able to link various organizational data under one roof

NetSuite review by Sophia A.
Sophia A.

"Unparalleled growth capabilities and reporting"

What do you like best?

The reporting and consolidation features are completely in a league of their own.

What do you dislike?

We were not set up correctly by our third party which makes it difficult for us as we have to fix things to be the way they should have originally been done. Strongly recommend going straight to Netsuite for implementation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to look into everything the system has to offer and try to implement as much as you can correctly from the start.

For our growing business, Netsuite gives us the flexibility to grow as we continue to add additional sites and grow our business lines.

NetSuite review by Rob W.
Rob W.

"Powerful, can handle almost anything - but it's complicated"

What do you like best?

We run almost our whole operation through Netsuite. It has powerful reporting capabilities.

What do you dislike?

It's very complicated. Need to have professionals set it up, which costs a lot of money. Any tweaks or changes are not simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

make sure you get a quote for the setup of Netsuite to work for your org. You can't do it yourself.

Inventory management, statistics, finances

NetSuite review by Zackery B.
Zackery B.

"Great resource for keeping your business runny smooth"

What do you like best?

Ability to revive reports and various analytics

What do you dislike?

Overall this is a very complex’s program that slows you to customize it to your specific need.

We use this to track our sales and keep track of quotes. We also use it to keep track of our products, clients, and sales.

NetSuite review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"Excellent product"

What do you like best?

Netsuite has made our job of compiling information from around the world much easier. We are able to have users remotely log in and do their financial work and get real time information in our home office.

What do you dislike?

Not always the most intuitive interface for non-financial people. It is all customizable, but sometimes confusing.

We have been able to automate financial processes that in the past were being done by hand. We have reduced our reporting time significantly and have a much better trail.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Scalable finance solution"

What do you like best?

Netsuite is flexible and allows non-technical users like me to make fairly advanced customizations as needed.

What do you dislike?

There are certain netsuite modules (example - inventory) that are less flexible than others and seem to work with textbook scenarios, but don't work as well with the complexity of real life scenarios.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have processes thoroughly thought out before implementation

Netsuite is great for my current company, as it works for us now as a small organization, and will scale with us as we continue to grow.

Learn more about NetSuite for Nonprofits

NetSuite for Nonprofits Videos

Learning about NetSuite for Nonprofits?

* We monitor all NetSuite for Nonprofits reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.