NetSuite Incentive Management

NetSuite's incentive compensation management functionality lets you quickly deploy sales commission programs\

Work for NetSuite Incentive Management?

Learning about NetSuite?

NetSuite Incentive Management Reviews

Ask NetSuite a Question
Showing 45 NetSuite reviews
NetSuite review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Fits Commissions in NetSuite"

What do you like best?

It offers a way to track commission calculations into NetSuite using sales data that is already in the system.

What do you dislike?

It is not a very intuitive setup. You can base commission on quota, sales, profit, using an alternate sales amount field which you can set with a custom amount via texting, or using a custom field. This is useful, but without a wizard for setup, it can be tough to learn how it all works together.

Our current client calculations commission based off of gross profit for sales reps that have met their quotas. This allows us to set up a schedule and assign it to the sales reps, report on the commission owed, and pay it from NetSuite if needed.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NetSuite Incentive Management
NetSuite review by Kate K.
Kate K.

"Implement at your own risk."

What do you like best?

Very comprehensive system has a lot of functionality and expandability in design. Navigation, set-up are relatively straight forward if you have experience with similar software. Reports can also be as detailed or simple as you require. Data without correct management can get a little corrupt to the point where I have started to suspect it is no longer accurate.

What do you dislike?

Functionality often fails. Features that are part of the base system can often have issues or other bugs that make them impossible to work with. Time for issue rectification is also very long, I had one case in the system for over a year before it was resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review application and similar software to make sure that it meets your business requirements. Find similar companies that have implemented and see how they feel about it.

Compensation plans for sales staff to achieve higher targets and progress the business. Staff now have a transparent method to see upfront how they are preforming without waiting for a performance review or manager to calculate up the numbers. Accounts are also apple to process rewards in within pay cycles to remove the old delay of waiting for compensation to be booked.

What Sales Compensation solution do you use?

NetSuite review by User in Computer Software

"Huge fan of cloud based Netsuite"

What do you like best?

What I love about Netsuite is that it is a robust, cloud-based accounting software solution. I migrated from QuickBooks desktop to Netsuite and loved the ability to access the software on any system at anytime. QuickBooks is very limited and outdated in the interface, customization features, and speed. Netsuite is quick and easy to navigate, has great control features, and is accessible anywhere.

What do you dislike?

While I am a huge fan of Netsuite, especially when compared to QuickBooks we did face a few challenges with reconciling customer payments between two systems. While Netsuite offers robust reporting features I was unable to pull a very specific field into any reports which caused additional time in my monthly payment reconciliation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep building your cloud-based accounting software! This is where the industry is moving, it just makes more sense in today's internet based business practices. Continue to keep the UI looking clean and fresh, as QuickBooks appears to have never been updated.

QuickBooks can fail miserably, at one point we lost an entire month of work as our backup was not working and we had to complete two close cycles in one month. A close we actually already had done, and the close of the prior month. Netsuite eliminates these issues complelty, and we are able to access anywhere.

NetSuite review by Melissa B.
Melissa B.

"NetSuite Incentive Compensation"

What do you like best?

I really like this program as it is simple to use. It helps keep track of all the information so that you can easily find everything that you need. I would recommend this program to everyone. It is easy to learn and will help you in many ways.

What do you dislike?

There are so many variables in an incentive program that it does take time to set up. The initial start may take some time but once you are up and running it is invaluable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has been a huge asset to our company. We started out manually calculating commissions and it was beyond time consuming. Being able to set up our system once and maintaining it was the best choice we ever made. It is even easy to add in an incentive plan on the fly.

This is solving the issue of how to pay commissions to our sales staff in many different ways. Being able to add in and make changes to meet our needs.

NetSuite review by David A.
David A.

"A tool for your sales teams and partners!"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that each client we have who uses this module, can set up a large variety of rules and calculations to track and calculate commissions, whilst then providing really nice KPI pieces for individual users to see their current reward status!

What do you dislike?

Really.....I am struggling....due to it being able to work with self service users and not just full users for NetSuite, it provides great value.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not a stand alone product, you need to have a NetSuite core product to have this enabled to work and must have all relevant parties included within this package. You must also consider ROI for any such module, so assessing time spent in the admin of working out commissions and the benefit of tracked figures on real-time vs the cost of the module.

Enabling clear goal setting and tracking for both management and individuals, resulting in additional drive and results.

NetSuite review by Ramona S.
Ramona S.

"Confusing, hard to use"

What do you like best?

- Relatively easy to keep track of time spent on a project

- "Recent Records" feature is welcome

- timesheets are submitted successful, unlike other products I have been using

- "Dashboard" feature is useful

What do you dislike?

- a large number of bugs - I was able to log in and view the profile of one of my colleagues, as if I were logged in with his account

- no good documentation on how to use it

- overly complicated user interface, there's nothing intuitive about it

- no clear indication of where to start

- a lot of options/features which I am not sure how to use, or what is their purpose exactly

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Hopefully, they will make some major improvements, because right now, it is not an useable product.

- It should have helped keeping records on the projects I am working on, but it has failed in doing so.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Easy of use for the whole company!!"

What do you like best?

This program is super easy to use and implement. Not only does our warehouse manger love it, the marketing team does as well. As far as the warehouse side, if is easy for them to get a good grasp of their inventory. Items are able to be tracked in every step of the shipping process. On our end, it is easy to view and create reports and keep up to date on what they are doing.

What do you dislike?

The site has monthly maintenance and has gone down during business hours. Their customer service is not quick to respond. Wish there was a better heads up on this or if maintenance was done on the weekends!

We had previously used an outdated warehouse management system software and this is definitely a few steps up! We are able to walk inventory a little closer making it more accurate overall. Picking and committed items were not something that was easy to do in Smart Turn, but is is here!

NetSuite review by Ranjan M.
Ranjan M.

"Powerful and versatile software, needs UI improvements"

What do you like best?

The best thing which I liked about the software is that it automatically creates diagrammatical illustration of a set of data (e.g. Top 5 customers, top 5 invoices etc.) which can be time consuming sometimes. Navigation and options are fairly easy to use. Besides this it’s a very powerful software which brings efficiency and transparency into the system.

What do you dislike?

It take long time to set-up because of many unknown variables. A set-up guide or quick set-up option would be great. An accurate and up to date documentation is required. Software sometimes hangs or crashes due to importing big data files.

IMO every software developer should start a forum for their software, since it really helps mitigating any problem in no time if you can get the help in forums.

We are using NetSuite Incentive Management as a tool to help our employees track compensation and commission in C2B business. It has improved the accuracy of calculations and has saved a lot of time.

NetSuite review by Zach M.
Zach M.

"Not too fond of Netsuite products, Incentive Management is no exception"

What do you like best?

The fact that NetSuite products integrate into a larger amount of other products, makes it incredibly easy and cost efficient compared a lot of other sales commission and incentive management software systems. It's variations of reporting are very nice, it allows for a lot of site into the overall company - and that's essential. Keeping track of all the necessary metrics throughout the business process adds so much value to our business.

What do you dislike?

So, this is certainly a step up from a framework like, say SharePoint, but it's usability is certainly lacking. That and it's quite difficult to configure - our employees find it incredibly difficult to operate on a regular basis, but then again, that could be because the whole training process inside our company for NetSuite was quite limited. In this regard, the NetSuite Incentive Management system is not for the faint of heart and requires a lot of flexibility or at least spending a lot of time to investigate how things operate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the trial first, it may be worth seeing the benefits over my own review. Though my own professional experience has known other Incentive Management software systems that have been far more reputable, but may be at higher cost, like IBM's.

We need to have a centralized system of operation - but also having the ability to be compatible with other systems we utilize. That being said, the real issue is operation, and that's where it falls heavily to our HR or IT department to set a very regimented training period for our users. The time it takes for them to get up to speed with NetSuite Incentive Management for our sales team to track and update their numbers, is pretty rough. It eats into time that could be spent in doing their job in account management and client relations.

NetSuite review by Administrator in Wireless
Administrator in Wireless

"Amazing piece of software, used daily, helps my business a lot."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I am able to generate quick and easy commision reports that allow my buisness to run smooter and quicker, I dont have to employ a client to do so. I also like the general look of the program. It is very easy to use and I can show my peers how to use it very quickly with almost no effort.

What do you dislike?

I really don't dislike anything about it. I have made a huge investment in it and since then, I am able to manage with ease. I dont really like the page load times however, thry lack slightly however that isnt too much of an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely reccomend this product to anybody.

I have benefited a lot from this. I am able to quickly monitor my commission and my peers are able to do so. I have a lot more time on my hands to improve my business therefore making my business a lot better.

NetSuite review by Barbara B.
Barbara B.

"NetSuite Reporting Capabilties"

What do you like best?

To be able to customize a General Ledger account with additional data that I need in order to reconcile my tax reports with tax that has been recorded to the General Ledger.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when uploading files there are issues with the upload of the files and I have to cancel and retry.

Taxability of items and Fixed Assets recordings for each individual office for property tax filings. The utilization of customization of reports and the ability to reviewing uploaded documents such as invoices and other documents that help me determine what I need to in order to record the information correctly.

NetSuite review by Internal Consultant in Consumer Electronics
Internal Consultant in Consumer Electronics

"Great review for what we need"

What do you like best?

I like that I can see my comp breakout in simple terms. I love the fact that the User interface is easy to click and use and even our newest employees have no trouble understanding.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how slow it seems to operate on my browser and that I have to refresh it so much? Maybe it's a network issue but I can't seem to have it work as fast for my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for growing teams that need a plan in place. We waited too long without incentives and lost productivity until we implemented this!

I believe we are solving the problem that compensation always seems to dive into: ie the trouble with not being upfront and honest about who is getting paid what and what real comp plans look like for everyone. I feel like it is a great tool and gives employees and admin more power alike.

NetSuite review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Netsuite and Magento integration"

What do you like best?

Netsuite is a very good ERP system that is working like a charm with many E-commerce/platforms with different connectors. Unfortunatelly Magento it is not one of these.

Netsuite is great to trace financial reports but it is far away to be fully integrated with the Magento Platform.

Honestly am not able to say anything good about the integration with Magento and Netsuite.

What do you dislike?

Netsuite came with no Dev tech documentation, only a user doc and not accurate or up to date.

Netsuite proposed us the Celigo 'Pre-Built Netsuite Magento integration'. Unfortunately the system is mix of on-cloud system and the connector proposed didn't came out with any documentation and/or test book.

Was a very Black box, uploading products(70K) worked with a mix of shared queues and was very slow.

The error system proposed by the Netsuite import interface was not accurate and most of the time we had to ask support to understand what was going on.

Netsuite user policy they charged you on the total amount of user present in the system is not fare for a ERP business platform.

We were using also Accellos one warehouse, always suggested by Netsuite, not a good solution on my point of view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check before integrating with other systems and use trained consultant to ensure that everything will be perfect. If you are a Magento based business, try to use a different ERP

We were growing, expanding the core business from Magento-ONLY business to something more professional.

Netsuite and its partners, the only proposed were Celigo and Acellos one. Really we were struggling to find a clue on how many minutes a change of stock quantity does it take to go from Magento to our WMS Acellos, and sometimes all these system al queues were very slow.

NetSuite review by Lakisha G.
Lakisha G.

"My experience was great and productive. "

What do you like best?

I love that the system allows you to design your own project. Which was a lot simpler than I thought it would be. The system has a 5 star rating which is awesome as well.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't anything I can say I disliked about this product.

I'm solving the problem of a design budget after all being a small business is already tight. This helps with our overall expenses.

NetSuite review by Richard C.
Richard C.

"Reliable Incentive Management"

What do you like best?

Creating a system wide enterprise system is definitely a difficult part in organizing a company, however, NetSuite Incentive Management makes it easy. Another benefit is how easy it is to keep data in check and to focus on how much money and time each member of ones team has been spent.

What do you dislike?

Setting up the incentives and payment system takes quite a lot of hassle work because of the plethora of random variables.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely has one of the best dashboards for users since my users all rate the product pretty well.

We are using NetSuite Incentive Management as a tool to help our employees track compensation and commission.

NetSuite review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Benefits & Payroll"

What do you like best?

You can use commission based information/data to determine who should get a bonus. Very good 24/7 tech support, that take the time to go over any concerns you have because they understand that people are very concerned amount money. The data sheet capabilities are impressive and get the job done easily.

What do you dislike?

Some of the actual software is complicated to use and I feel like whoever uses the this software must be pretty tech- savvy. I know that accountants use this software frequently, but this is much more complicated than excel or access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It literally can do everything for your company but someone needs to be properly trained and understand how to use the software.

We are able to organize complex benefits/salaries into a readable and understandable fashion. This software allows us to make fewer errors when managing employees benefits and money.

NetSuite review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Internet

"Good Cloud Business Management Software Suite"

What do you like best?

One can easily manage various commission plans no matter how complex it is for proper completion of corporate functions. One other thing is deployment of sales commission programs which was a very hectic task, but Netsuite's incentive compensation management tool lets us deploy it within a few days. It helped us with our budgets a lot. Also it helped in increasing real time visibility of our sales and operations teams.

What do you dislike?

High customer support costs. Charging additional recurring fees of 22.5%to 37.5% for users who need support via email and phone is significantly higher than other comparable hosted ERP systems.

Sometimes product upgrades were really troublesome, an unusual phased upgrade release progression which resembles more traditional on-premise software solutions rather than the all at once model for a SAAS tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While limited to SMB companies, NetSuite’s e-commerce shopping cart is the best integrated solution in the SaaS ERP market. Advanced functionality such as the keyword marketing module, affiliate management, eBay integration, promotional URLs, real-time credit card processing and basic SEO capabilities collectively provide an impressive e-commerce solution.

Single and enterprise wide integrated business software system. The application possesses a respectable balance of application breath, dashboards are digitally flexible. The dashboard is like a showpiece of the ERP system and very impressive. One more is role-based application navigation and security structure is very impressive and proves to be a very lucrative solution for our business.

NetSuite review by Nazar D.
Nazar D.

"Very convenient tool"

What do you like best?

Very useful and convenient tool for work on salary.

When we started using this product I finished work with many applications of the kind.

NetSuite Incentive Management - Analysis, payments, reports - all very convenient.

What do you dislike?

I can not name the cons.

Perhaps I still have not found.

Perhaps a design application and instructions for use.

But it is not essential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to try.

The program saves a lot of time and routine work.

It also excludes miscalculations made mistakes in accounting.

Automotive

Real Estate Business

NetSuite review by User

"Pretty Easy To Use, Layout Nice"

What do you like best?

its user friendly, things are easy to find. the layout is nice and organized

What do you dislike?

some of it still seems a little behind and dated

we have our inventory and products listed, we have our job tickets and sales searches. lots of things.

NetSuite review by Stjepan M.
Stjepan M.

"Good and reliable tool to make your sales people happy"

What do you like best?

The way the Netsuite is able to simply but yet very functionally set up the commision for sales people.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, the problems can happen if the administrators are not experienced enough to set up the application properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a good tool to set up your commissions use Netsuite

Setting commission for our sales team in a good reliable way to make everyone happy

NetSuite review by Administrator

"Needs to be more user friendly"

What do you like best?

I find Netsuite makes things much more difficult and not very user friendly. I do like the reporting and the amount of information that I am able to see.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the user face and nothing is able to be changed after a certain point.

My comissions come out much cleaner and it is a much easier process now rather than the Excel spreadsheet I was previously using.

NetSuite review by Consultant

"Great Sales Tracker"

What do you like best?

I like that commissions can be calculated on different scales....marginal, linear or no scale. Companies can create commissions and pay to their liking.

What do you dislike?

I only have one dislike and that is if there is an error whether over or under in Payments, corrections(credit or debit) is processed on the next pay cycle not immediately.

A major Benefit is the ability to create team commissions. And split commissions

NetSuite review by Brian C.
Brian C.

"Very organized."

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate and communicate with. Implements with outlook email.

What do you dislike?

Should be able to combine duplicate profiles easier.

Easy to navigate and assist clients with. All information can be saved

NetSuite review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Easy To Use and Effective"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Easy to train new employees on the use on both the front end and on the back end

What do you dislike?

The limited number of categories requires us to be creative in categorizing incentives

Tracking sales incentives on a quarterly basis. Have seen an increase in the amount of incentive based programs sales is completing.

NetSuite review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Recent Migration to Netsuite ERP"

What do you like best?

NS has lot of great features that were not available on the old platform the company had been using for quite some time.

What do you dislike?

So far so good haven't found a lot of issues that couldn't overcome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth looking into if looking to change ERP system

Service desk module for Cases / dispatching . It's a very user friendly system both internal and external for our customers. Extremely customizable so there are still a lot of great features to be used as we move along and get more comfortable.

NetSuite review by Matthijs O.
Matthijs O.

"Great tool!"

What do you like best?

It's one of the market leaders on financial management systems.

What do you dislike?

The logo/design (sorry about that but it really needs a redesign).

I now have 1 good tool, for all my financial stuff. Like Warehouse and Fulfillment, Financial Management, Order and Billing Management and many more.

NetSuite review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"An Easy and Intuitive CRM Tool"

What do you like best?

I loved being able to manage all my photography clients on this platform, while being able to accurately monitor my sales performance and goals.

What do you dislike?

I don't feel like the pricing of the application justifies some of the features built onto this platform.

I am trying to bridge the gap between my sales goals and my actual realized sales performance, and with Netsuite I was able to do it much easier.

"Not user friendly "

What do you like best?

I can see the sales from all stores within the company for any given date range chosen.

What do you dislike?

There are too many different pages for one transaction - invoice, payment, deposit, return, etc. are all separate. It is not an intuitive program. Processing returns is pretty difficult.

The customer database is nice to see transaction/unit history.

NetSuite review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use, repeatable format. "

What do you like best?

Weeks are formatted in a logical manner, allowing for easy access when updating records for time tracking.

What do you dislike?

Running reports leaves a little to be desired based on visualization tools.

Time tracking, time management.

NetSuite review by User in Computer Software

"OK product, difficult to use "

What do you like best?

There's a lot you can do with it if you take the time to learn how. I really like the reporting options. It meets my company's aggressive metrics and reporting standards.

What do you dislike?

Hard to use unless you have experience with similar systems. There also isn't any good documentation or videos to Slane how to use it. I feel like I experience issues somewhat frequently with it.

To increase transparency for compensation and performance.

NetSuite review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"NetSuite"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to navigate through NetSuite. I also like the overall interface.

What do you dislike?

There are times where it can be a bit cumbersome.

Easily being able to locate prior order history, inventory levels and customer profiles. That is key for our success and NetSuite offers that in spades.

"Overall great experience"

What do you like best?

It is simple to use and the dashboard feature helps a lot. It keeps track of all the needed data for incentive program management. It has a lot of features which I think is exhaustive enough.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program has crashed and I lost data because of it. You have to be a bit cautious while using it.

Designing and finalizing the sales force incentive program. It has a lot of customizability inbuilt.

NetSuite review by Miles L.
Miles L.

"Ease of use"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and organization, connectibility, the fact that it enables you to work with the system well. lack of downtime

What do you dislike?

None really since the ease of use is the main thing here. initially it was difficult to grasp whatever info available but it covers the basic problems

Organizational problems

NetSuite review by Jay S. P.
Jay S. P.

"NetSuite Incentive Management Review"

What do you like best?

it makes managing commissions much easier than our past management program.

What do you dislike?

no clear dislikes w/ the program itself though sometimes its a bit slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

recommended

solving design, track and payment of sales commissions

NetSuite review by Phoebe L.
Phoebe L.

"Controller"

What do you like best?

It is Cloudbase. The reports are easy to run.

What do you dislike?

integration with Bill.com. We have sync issued.

Post JE, run Financial

NetSuite review by Kalpesh B.
Kalpesh B.

"Netsuite ERP"

What do you like best?

I like the usability and the visual functionalnatlity

What do you dislike?

nothing I like the usability and the visual functionalnatlity

More efficient process models

NetSuite review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Where have my emails gone?"

What do you like best?

That it integrates with multiple products.

What do you dislike?

That it requires a special email link, rather than something along the line of a REF ID like SF.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful, because some of the implementation pain points can come back to bite you.

Case Management. None at this point

NetSuite review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Great product for sales comp"

What do you like best?

The ease of the product. It doesn't have too much to make you feel overwhelmed

What do you dislike?

The delay. Would be more helpful for me to be up to date in real time

The benefits are endless. I have a better idea of where I need to be.

NetSuite review by User in Computer Software

"NetSuite User and Project Member"

What do you like best?

project manager portion

not much else is functional enough to solve our business case - needed to add Nexonia

What do you dislike?

implementation was weak - not knowledgeable

need better training - by a training professional - not the implementation team

mobile needs more functionality

project management

time entry

expense reporting

NetSuite review by Consultant in Retail
Consultant in Retail

"Tracking inventory and sales"

What do you like best?

I like know what has been sold and how much stock we receive and sell. Location of products in the warehouse.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything yet. I know I don't have access to all features

Inventory control

NetSuite review by User in Internet

"NetSuite"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up and change when business conditions change.

What do you dislike?

Fixed Asset module is complicated and hard to follow.

Everyday accounting issues - when an accounting mistake is spotted, easy to correct.

NetSuite review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

Wonderful provider. Very fast to act on any issues that I might have.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I cannot think of a thing that I dislike at this point in time.

Software and interface issues

NetSuite review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Netsuite review "

What do you like best?

Great saas stack based on a robust oracle based database back end.

What do you dislike?

More suited towards Small & Medium businesses . Have encountered enterprise clients who find that it doesnt scale.

Integration with back end payroll systems such as ADP.

"NetSute Review"

What do you like best?

NetSuite has pretty user friendly accessibility features and functions.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there seem to be limitations in NetSuite as it's not a fully developed system such as SAP.

Fixing various Reports, trying to build and run queries.

NetSuite review by Brett S.
Brett S.

"Project Manager"

What do you like best?

I like that it is web based and you do not have to use a company VPN to access the site. I also like that we are able to track time, inventory, and purchase orders all in one location

What do you dislike?

Netsuite was purcchased as a fully customizable package that can be adapted to our business. Once we purchased the software we realized that there was a great deal of things that cannot be modified to fit our business. It seems like we get a lot more work around fixes than actual solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the product fits your business model correctly.

Learning about NetSuite Incentive Management?

* We monitor all NetSuite Incentive Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.