Network Solutions

2.9

Network Solutions pioneered the service for creating and acquiring specific "web addresses" (known as domain name registration), and today offer a full range of Web-related services. In addition to domain name registration, we offer Web site design and hosting, e-commerce solutions, online security products, and search engine marketing and optimization.

Work for Network Solutions?

Learning about Network Solutions?

Network Solutions Reviews

Showing 25 Network Solutions reviews
Network Solutions review by JOSH G.
JOSH G.

"Network Solutions"

What do you like best?

Network Solutions is a great online Host for website and domain services. They provide adequate service and cheap domain prices! They offer bundle deals and the use of features is awesome.

What do you dislike?

No problems or features to be of a problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trying these features will improve your network relations as Network Solutions is the solution as a helping hand to get you there.

The cure for business is here! Network solutions provides are your website and hosting needs. They tackle are domain .com features .org, .net and many more with website builder tools and assets. The beneifts are tremendous.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Network Solutions
Network Solutions review by Raymond H.
Raymond H.

"Decent domain registrar"

What do you like best?

I like their partner program, which allows us to buy domains at cheaper prices to manage for our clients. They've also been very reliable. We've not had any instances of not being able to access our partner portal or slowness.

What do you dislike?

The UI in their partner portal. It's very cumbersome. As an example, to request a transfer authorization code, you can't just bring up a domain and request it. No -- that option is nowhere to be found when you bring up a domain. Instead, you have to go to Search > Advanced Search, search for the domain, and from the search results page select "Advanced DNS" from a drop down and click on "GO!" under "Manage Multiple Domains", then check the box next to the domain, select "Request Auth Code" under another drop-down, and click "Go". It makes no sense. But that's even how they say to do it in their documentation.

It also has not changed a single bit that I can tell in the many years we've been using it. It's not at all mobile friendly, and even on desktop it doesn't take full advantage of the screen space.

Registering a domain for a new customer is also a hassle, and all search forms are over-complicated. You have to select a radio button next to what you're searching by rather than just entering a value, and you can't search by more than one thing at once without using multiple forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For personal domain registration, I'd recommend something simpler.

We manage domains for a lot of our clients. Network Solutions allows us to get reasonable prices on those domains and manage DNS for them if desired.

What Domain Registration solution do you use?

Network Solutions review by Nicholas D.
Nicholas D.

"Not Worth Your Consideration"

What do you like best?

Their logo looks like it was professionally designed. They have a good WhoIs lookup service. I would avoid most other things though.

What do you dislike?

Their prices are much higher than comparable services and I'm not sure how they justify it. Any interaction I have had with support has been poor, and their actual service doesn't really differentiate itself from others that are (much) cheaper.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for other options.

I only use Network Solutions when there is no other option. Moving domain registrars can be disruptive, so we'll sometimes stay

Network Solutions review by Dawn Joly P.
Dawn Joly P.

"great web hosting!"

What do you like best?

its nice to be able to kind of set it and forget it as far as paying (you can pay literally up to 100 years). and its fairly easy to set up but there are definitely a number of dislikes.

What do you dislike?

the website itself is very cluttered and busy. its dificult to navigate especially if you are not a "techy" person. i actually have a web tech help me with all of this and if it wasnt for her i probably wouldn't use it. i was a go daddy user for a little but there websites are cheap looking ( i guess you get what you pay for) and thats no exeption for network solutions. its a little on the expensive side but if you can afford it its well worth it as long as you know how to use it and how it works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great company. better than your average so you will get quality for the price

able to serve people worldwide so they can find us, contact us and hopefully give us the satisfaction of there business and gain a client

Network Solutions review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"Frustrating and Behind the times"

What do you like best?

There is very little to like about this program. I do like that they keep you informed about products and services they are offering and when your current products expire.

What do you dislike?

Everything. It is difficult to get a hang of and so far behind the times of other popular email clients and hosting services. The email service is especially horrible. It doesn't connect to my phone email app even though we purchased this ability and even the company couldn't help me get it connected. It is contantly having issues and lagging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it and save yourself several hours of frustration. Seriously, if you have the funds upgrade everything to the highest power and hope that it works better than the level we are currently using. Otherwise, bring your money and company elsewhere.

I use this for email because it is what my company was already using. It is causing me more problems than solving them and I hope we change soon.

Network Solutions review by User in Printing
User in Printing

"Not very user friendly"

What do you like best?

The main reason I use network solutions is because of the price. I use them for my hosting and domain registration, and they often have good coupons and bundle deals.

What do you dislike?

The website is not very user friendly and it often times out. Transferring my hosting to them was an absolute mess and took it took me a while to get it working properly. It almost seemed like random pieces weren't transferred initially.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very affordable option, but it is only good for tech experts. This is definitely not a good site for those who are new to websites. If I didn't already have experience with hosting and server lingo, I would be completely lost.

I do like that I can host my SQL Server database, all of my website information, and my email all in one location.

Network Solutions review by Jamie M.
Jamie M.

"decent technical solution, terrible customer service support"

What do you like best?

user interface is nice enough. webmail client seems to work ok

What do you dislike?

When attempting to integrate our marketing platform into our email client (NS webmail), we reached out to Network Solutions about 6-8 times. They could never help with our DNS record entry issues (not being able to use characters like "_" or ' ~ ` in the records to validate DKIM or allowing us to verify our Postmaster account so our marketing platform could note any spam complaints through Yahoo!'s feedback verification loop. Not only could they not help us, they would end every call with assurance that the issue would be "elevated to their engineers" and intention to contact us again in 1-2 business days. We MIGHT have received a return call once. Maybe... So, we would wait, call them back and basically start over each time. Nothing was ever accomplished. If I could convince our IT department to completely move our large amount of assets to a new domain services provider, I would be much happier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have any intention to utilize email marketing, do not use Network Solutions. Their Domain Records do allow for email validation to ensure deliverability.

i use the webmail for customer communication. i can check webmail online.

Network Solutions review by Joseph R.
Joseph R.

"Backend Needs a Major UI Overhaul"

What do you like best?

There's not really anything about Network Solutions that stands out for me. Typically if I have the option, I will steer clear of NS.

The pricing is pretty affordable but that's about it.

What do you dislike?

There's a couple key things that really turned me off from NS. The first one being their support. They have live chat but it took me forever to get through to a live technician and when I did I felt like I was getting cookie cutter answers that didn't really help me. I also wish they would send out some sort of notification when their server crashes. I've had a few sites go down and a client noticed before we did which is embarrassing.

The next thing that needs a major improvement is their softwares UI. The UI is hard to navigate through and I've messed up a DNS setting numerous times before because of the confusing backend.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that you can find more value and a better experience else where. This service needs to revisit their strategy for providing a good customer experience.

There's not too many benefits I've noticed. I just think they need to give their backend a bit of a facelift / revamp and work on delighting their current customers a little more. For the same price I can get a great experience from one of their competitors.

Network Solutions review by Anthony H.
Anthony H.

"Amazing Software.!"

What do you like best?

I use Network Solutions because of the price. I also use for my hosting and domain registration. They have good coupons and lots of bundle deals..

What do you dislike?

The website is time out at times and it’s not friendly. It was an absolutely mess transferring my hosting to them. It took me a while to get it working properly.

I really like that I can host my SQL database, as well my website information and my email all in one location..

Network Solutions review by Courtney B.
Courtney B.

"Been using them for 5 years, not a bad experience."

What do you like best?

I love the new way it looks and how it works. I like dropping the attachments if I don't feel like looking for it. The Portal is great, I like being able to customize it! I use the calendar a lot more now with the upgrade.

What do you dislike?

Where are notes from the last version? When i updated, they disappeared. I lost a lot of stuff. I wish the mail quota was in a better place, it took me forever to find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service/support team is great, they handle things professionally. I would recommend Network solutions for all of your email and website needs.

We use them for everything and I haven't had a problem getting things solved yet. The calendar is a huge benefit for me, and the notification bell as well.

Network Solutions review by Kaustubh V.
Kaustubh V.

"Customer service is pathetic."

What do you like best?

Nothing as such. Their user interface is friendly. Their pricing structure is flexible.

What do you dislike?

Their billing department is all messed up. They don't have proper communication techniques. They don't inform their customers after their server crashes. We had to check their twitter account when our site was down as they post updates on twitter instead of sending an email to the customer.

Benefits nothing as such. There are lots of problems. They need to rethink their strategy and provide at least what the customer expects.

Network Solutions review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Use for the name recognition with clients."

What do you like best?

Network Solutions is a major player in the space. Their name recognition goes a long way with clients when selling them on a solution. I primarily used them as a registrar. They initially proved to have good price performance.

What do you dislike?

They are more expensive than others, but you are paying for the brand. I don't like the up-selling that's found within their site. Nothing beyond the name recognition factor really stands out. For me, the costs involved proved to be too high. For my agency, we moved away from them for cost-based reasons as well. We missed a subversive check box and got charged for an additional service without our knowledge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider if your clients value 'enterprise' over price. There's more value to be found elsewhere, but they have the perception of stability.

By moving away from Network solutions, we found a more cost effective hold place for all our domains. We achieved the same end with less hassle.

Network Solutions review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Network Solutions Designer Review "

What do you like best?

The price is the main like. I recommend it if you are going with very normal static webpages without php, mysql, etc. So pretty much use it for basic one page HTML or landing pages.

What do you dislike?

Networksolutions used to be great. But ever since web.com bought them, they have gone downhill. Their UI sucks. They had good uptime and customer service was great. Since Web.com took over, quality on all points has dropped while prices have remained the same or increased.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like mention in a lot of reviews if you are looking for very BASIC HTML one page or landing page hosting this is it. But don't expect to get assistance so easily. It is VERY difficult to get good or even decent customer service. Its cheap for what you get.

Network Solutions review by User in Design
User in Design

"Decent product, terrible customer service"

What do you like best?

That NS provides me with a domain for my professional website.

What do you dislike?

Customer service, high ever-changing costs, incessant emails, always trying to upgrade me

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would advise against it. There are other services that may be better, but I feel like I'm stuck with them now.

Solves my need for a business domain.

Network Solutions review by Administrator in Import and Export
Administrator in Import and Export

"NetSol eCommerce"

What do you like best?

Did what it was supposed to do as we were starting up our eCommerce site

What do you dislike?

Lacking functionality

website hangs occasionally

Recommendations to others considering the product

none

eCommerce website

Network Solutions review by Paul L.
Paul L.

"Network Solutions is Everyone's Solution"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Network Solutions is that it's easy to access the user profile on-line.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Network Solutions is that they don't have better discount renewal deals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Network Solutions as everyone's domain name registration center.

Network Solutions review by User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Networking Success"

What do you like best?

I like that this software gives me the opportunity to drive increased traffic to websites.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the customer service support line. There are way too many transfers needed for simple questions.

Increasing clientele for real estate.

Network Solutions review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"Simple domain registry"

What do you like best?

Easy to use for purchasing domain names.

What do you dislike?

User interface is a bit more complicated than some competitors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Domain names can be purchased here at cheaper price than some competors, but the user interface is slightly less user-friendly

We have purchased and managed multiple domain names.

Network Solutions review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"Decent"

What do you like best?

Fairly easy to navigate through the site. I don't get lost in there like i do with GoDaddy. Easy to manage multiple domains as an technical contact - not necessarily registrant.

What do you dislike?

They don't have the attractive prices like GoDaddy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use

Network Solutions review by Jon J.
Jon J.

"Cleaner admin area than go-daddy. "

What do you like best?

The account area/admin area is a lot easier to use than my godaddy account. Their customer support was also a bit more responsive. Price-wise they weren't great. I just bought a domain through them a few years back to try them out and so far I really like it.

What do you dislike?

These seem to charge quite a bit for extras and addons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it comes down to you buying a domain from godaddy and network solutions and the price is about the same, go with network solutions.

Network Solutions review by Andee F.
Andee F.

"One stop shop for domain and web hosting."

What do you like best?

Ease of use! I had never purchased a domain or a web hosting package prior to using Network Solutions and found that I figured out everything I needed to do without confusion. And reasonably priced!

What do you dislike?

Sales pitchy. I am a smart consumer. If I wanted the renewal protection, I would have purchased it one of the first times you emailed me about it. I certainly don't want it now on principle of your persistence. On the plus side, they do email frequently regarding renewal, so that protection is a bit redundant - thanks for letting me know that Network Solutions!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around. Make sure if you are going to use both the domain services and web hosting that you are getting what you want from Network Solutions. It had everything I needed when I started my website, so I have no complaints!

Network Solutions review by Ben B.
Ben B.

"Good interface, poor pricing."

What do you like best?

Easy enough interface, though it's not CPanel.

What do you dislike?

Great products, poor pricing. You pay a premium for everything even though their products and services are just industry standard. They send a ton of marketing emails. As bad as GoDaddy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd suggest looking at using the Amazon Cloud instead.

Network Solutions review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Wordpress Blog Hosting"

What do you like best?

I admin my wife's Wordpress blog. We moved off of Wordpress.com due to the inability to upload custom themes. Networks Solutions allows for custom theme uploading.

What do you dislike?

I have had a bad experience with both the support and the speed of the website. I connacted support with speed/performance related questions and was not even able to ascertain from the representative whether or not the issue (which is ongoing even today) is service tier related.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest avoiding the hosted Wordpress product. I have planning on moving my wifes blog to Squarespace.

Network Solutions review by Rusty P.
Rusty P.

"Domain Name Host"

What do you like best?

We host a lot of domains with Network Solutions--they have never gone down & their DNS "just works". The admin panel is well designed. We also use them for all of our SSL certificates.

What do you dislike?

Their support, even at the platinum level isn't great. They are also way too expensive for domain name registration compared to GoDaddy etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at whether their price is worth it.

Network Solutions review by Carlos L.
Carlos L.

"Great service provider"

What do you like best?

it is as easy as a step by step process

What do you dislike?

They offer more things than you really need

Recommendations to others considering the product

just make the registration and you are ready to go

Learning about Network Solutions?

* We monitor all Network Solutions reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.