Network Solutions

Network Solutions pioneered the service for creating and acquiring specific "web addresses" (known as domain name registration), and today offer a full range of Web-related services. In addition to domain name registration, we offer Web site design and hosting, e-commerce solutions, online security products, and search engine marketing and optimization.

Work for Network Solutions?

Learning about Network Solutions?

Network Solutions Reviews

Showing 21 Network Solutions reviews
Network Solutions review by <span>Raymond H.</span>
Raymond H.

Decent domain registrar

What do you like best?

I like their partner program, which allows us to buy domains at cheaper prices to manage for our clients. They've also been very reliable. We've not had any instances of not being able to access our partner portal or slowness.

What do you dislike?

The UI in their partner portal. It's very cumbersome. As an example, to request a transfer authorization code, you can't just bring up a domain and request it. No -- that option is nowhere to be found when you bring up a domain. Instead, you have to go to Search > Advanced Search, search for the domain, and from the search results page select "Advanced DNS" from a drop down and click on "GO!" under "Manage Multiple Domains", then check the box next to the domain, select "Request Auth Code" under another drop-down, and click "Go". It makes no sense. But that's even how they say to do it in their documentation.

It also has not changed a single bit that I can tell in the many years we've been using it. It's not at all mobile friendly, and even on desktop it doesn't take full advantage of the screen space.

Registering a domain for a new customer is also a hassle, and all search forms are over-complicated. You have to select a radio button next to what you're searching by rather than just entering a value, and you can't search by more than one thing at once without using multiple forms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For personal domain registration, I'd recommend something simpler.

We manage domains for a lot of our clients. Network Solutions allows us to get reasonable prices on those domains and manage DNS for them if desired.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Network Solutions
Network Solutions review by <span>Dawn Joly P.</span>
Dawn Joly P.

great web hosting!

What do you like best?

its nice to be able to kind of set it and forget it as far as paying (you can pay literally up to 100 years). and its fairly easy to set up but there are definitely a number of dislikes.

What do you dislike?

the website itself is very cluttered and busy. its dificult to navigate especially if you are not a "techy" person. i actually have a web tech help me with all of this and if it wasnt for her i probably wouldn't use it. i was a go daddy user for a little but there websites are cheap looking ( i guess you get what you pay for) and thats no exeption for network solutions. its a little on the expensive side but if you can afford it its well worth it as long as you know how to use it and how it works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great company. better than your average so you will get quality for the price

able to serve people worldwide so they can find us, contact us and hopefully give us the satisfaction of there business and gain a client

What Domain Registration solution do you use?

Network Solutions review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

Frustrating and Behind the times

What do you like best?

There is very little to like about this program. I do like that they keep you informed about products and services they are offering and when your current products expire.

What do you dislike?

Everything. It is difficult to get a hang of and so far behind the times of other popular email clients and hosting services. The email service is especially horrible. It doesn't connect to my phone email app even though we purchased this ability and even the company couldn't help me get it connected. It is contantly having issues and lagging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it and save yourself several hours of frustration. Seriously, if you have the funds upgrade everything to the highest power and hope that it works better than the level we are currently using. Otherwise, bring your money and company elsewhere.

I use this for email because it is what my company was already using. It is causing me more problems than solving them and I hope we change soon.

Network Solutions review by User in Printing
User in Printing

Not very user friendly

What do you like best?

The main reason I use network solutions is because of the price. I use them for my hosting and domain registration, and they often have good coupons and bundle deals.

What do you dislike?

The website is not very user friendly and it often times out. Transferring my hosting to them was an absolute mess and took it took me a while to get it working properly. It almost seemed like random pieces weren't transferred initially.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very affordable option, but it is only good for tech experts. This is definitely not a good site for those who are new to websites. If I didn't already have experience with hosting and server lingo, I would be completely lost.

I do like that I can host my SQL Server database, all of my website information, and my email all in one location.

Network Solutions review by <span>Jamie M.</span>
Jamie M.

decent technical solution, terrible customer service support

What do you like best?

user interface is nice enough. webmail client seems to work ok

What do you dislike?

When attempting to integrate our marketing platform into our email client (NS webmail), we reached out to Network Solutions about 6-8 times. They could never help with our DNS record entry issues (not being able to use characters like "_" or ' ~ ` in the records to validate DKIM or allowing us to verify our Postmaster account so our marketing platform could note any spam complaints through Yahoo!'s feedback verification loop. Not only could they not help us, they would end every call with assurance that the issue would be "elevated to their engineers" and intention to contact us again in 1-2 business days. We MIGHT have received a return call once. Maybe... So, we would wait, call them back and basically start over each time. Nothing was ever accomplished. If I could convince our IT department to completely move our large amount of assets to a new domain services provider, I would be much happier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have any intention to utilize email marketing, do not use Network Solutions. Their Domain Records do allow for email validation to ensure deliverability.

i use the webmail for customer communication. i can check webmail online.

Network Solutions review by <span>Joseph R.</span>
Joseph R.

Backend Needs a Major UI Overhaul

What do you like best?

There's not really anything about Network Solutions that stands out for me. Typically if I have the option, I will steer clear of NS.

The pricing is pretty affordable but that's about it.

What do you dislike?

There's a couple key things that really turned me off from NS. The first one being their support. They have live chat but it took me forever to get through to a live technician and when I did I felt like I was getting cookie cutter answers that didn't really help me. I also wish they would send out some sort of notification when their server crashes. I've had a few sites go down and a client noticed before we did which is embarrassing.

The next thing that needs a major improvement is their softwares UI. The UI is hard to navigate through and I've messed up a DNS setting numerous times before because of the confusing backend.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think that you can find more value and a better experience else where. This service needs to revisit their strategy for providing a good customer experience.

There's not too many benefits I've noticed. I just think they need to give their backend a bit of a facelift / revamp and work on delighting their current customers a little more. For the same price I can get a great experience from one of their competitors.

Learning about Network Solutions?

* We monitor all Network Solutions reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.