Netwrix Auditor

Netwrix Auditor enables auditing of the broadest variety of IT systems, including Active Directory, Exchange, file servers, SharePoint, SQL Server, VMware and Windows Server. It also supports monitoring of privileged user activity.

Work for Netwrix Auditor?

Learning about Netwrix Auditor?

Netwrix Auditor Reviews

Ask Netwrix Auditor a Question
Showing 12 Netwrix Auditor reviews
Netwrix Auditor review by Patryk B.
Patryk B.

"Great product, especially for the price (I mean *really* affordable for what it does)"

What do you like best?

Netwrix Auditor does things that I didn't know I wanted until it does it. That sounds like sales talk, I know, but I use it for the things I cannot get out of AD natively - things like "Did someone change the service password on me and that's why it can't log in?" or "Who the heck moved the share from the root folder of the drive to some other share, thereby 'losing' all our data?" Both of those things I have alerts for, so not only am I able to tell who did it, I know within minutes of it happening. I don't know how much else they can do as I haven't really done a deep dive into their offering but what I do use is great.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit harder to use than I'd like - I mean, I'm sure I could just read their how-to guide or something and be done but I tend to tinker, and it's not tinker-friendly. That said, I was up and running pretty quickly and didn't have many problems with setup. It also is a relatively resource-hungry, so don't install without at least 8G of RAM (although nowadays that's standard RAM minimums anyway)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out their free stuff first if you don't want to put in the money immediately. And when you see how well their free stuff works, you'll see why this is worth it.

It gives us notifications and monitor of AD and file servers, something that Windows does not do as well as it should. This resolves a host of issues that you probably didn't even know you had. And I am sure that it does a lot more than what I use it for.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Netwrix Auditor
Netwrix Auditor review by Kyle R.
Kyle R.

"Wonderful reporting and very easy to use!!"

What do you like best?

The reporting that is provided both OOB and available for building are quite robust. The GUI is very easy to navigate and quite intuitive. The ability to grant access to other users for their own reporting is extremely helpful as well!

What do you dislike?

The only con I have is that sometimes technical support can be a bit delayed in getting back to us for issues, but it is only slightly so not a huge con by any means.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the trial to ensure that it meets all of your needs. I

We have had the ability to gain further insight into various operations via automated reporting, canned reports as needed, and customized reports for our environment. This has allowed us to operate more efficiently from an administrative standpoint.

What Data Security solution do you use?

Netwrix Auditor review by Rob S.
Rob S.

"Great product, easy to use & helps with GDPR compliance"

What do you like best?

Consolidates logs, easy to access reports on AD/file server changes. You are also able to set up alerts for account lockouts, failed logins and more. Netwrix can also help detect ransomware by reporting on bulk file changes (thankfully this isn't an issue for us). The application is easy to set up and navigate.

What do you dislike?

Whilst the modular approach is great for price/budgeting, it's a shame you can't trial the different modules for 30/60/90 days before making a decision on which modules to implement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install Netwrix on it's own server and make sure you set up the reporting and alerts to get the most out of the application.

Netwrix saves me time not having to go through continuous logs. I can just run reports on demand and review the scheduled reports. It also ensures helps to manage permissions and AD accounts. Netwrix saves me quite a bit of time on a weekly basis.

Netwrix Auditor review by Eric A.
Eric A.

"Excellent reporting and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Netwrix audits a lot of different products such as SQL Server, Windows Servers, Active Directory and NetApp file servers. It is very consistent in its runs and produces reports and alerts that our US government clients fully accept.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have is that sometimes technical support can be a bit delayed in getting back to us for issues, but it is only slightly so not a huge con by any means.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can customize Netwrix to provide you with an abundance of reports that can be automatically generated and sent to you on a reoccurring schedule of your choosing. Having information readily available for all logins, file accesses, active directory alterations

Netwrix Auditor review by Auður Ester G.
Auður Ester G.

"The best audit solution I have found for Active Directory"

What do you like best?

It is amazing how quick and easy it is to setup. It only took half a day to get Netwrix up and running and ready to use.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything yet that I dislike

Before we started using Netwrix, we had no overview of changes in AD. We had found that users / groups had been changed for no reason and nobody knew who did what. Today we have a full perspective and know exactly what is happening. Also, netwrix is solving problems that we did not know we had by showing us things like failed activity trends and more

Netwrix Auditor review by Adam B.
Adam B.

"Great auditing tool for keeping tabs on changes"

What do you like best?

Email based alerting and reporting, exhaustive options for tracking changes to active directory. Clear and concise. SQL based logs of all data captured for the data ninjas.

What do you dislike?

The management interface is a little complicated and slow to respond. Thais seems to have improved in latest versions (9.5).

Recommendations to others considering the product

A full featured trial license is available. You can spin it up within 30 minutes and perform some testing. This is a great way to learn about the product and how it fits your potential use case.

Keeping track of changes to Active Directory, Office365, and auditing access to file servers. This tool allows us to implement a t'trust but verify' approach for managing external service partners (service desk, server management, consultants).

Netwrix Auditor review by Cory H.
Cory H.

"Decent features, but still lacking"

What do you like best?

This is a great product for tracking server changes, group changes, and account changes/lock outs. It formats everything nicely, and will sent a daily e-mail to let you know of any changes. It also lets you know when a lockout occurs, almost instantly. It lets you know the user, time, and source of the lockout. It can report on specific groups changes, as well as record an actual user or groups activity on a machine.

What do you dislike?

The product its self is rather sluggish and clunky. We mainly ended up using this only for the lockout feature, which is easily replaceable with a PowerShell script. The server we had the product installed on required reboots constantly, due to the product locking up and not properly reporting. Restarting the services did not fix the issue. So, we constantly had to reboot the server.

The product installs a package onto each server/workstation you specify to be monitored. It does an automatic push and install from the server. This feature its self is nice, but it does not have the ability to do a uninstall push of its self. You have to end up using SCCM or scripts to accomplish this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you like to constantly reboot the server this is installed on, I would look else where. The GUI is also an eyesore, and very painful to use.

Account lockouts mainly. The audit logging of servers is also nice, and could be very beneficial for very large organizations.

Netwrix Auditor review by Administrator in Market Research
Administrator in Market Research

"Great reporting tool."

What do you like best?

Netwrix is able to provide an amazing amount of information quickly and presented nicely. Once deployed it is simple to run any type of report you need to get the info you need. Most the information it provides you can get another way, but with a lot of administrative effort and without the historical reporting and comparisons.

What do you dislike?

The single minded pricing model was a big turn off for us and was difficult to approval for. We felt like we were paying for licenses that weren't really needed for what we were using it for.

We have replaced countless batch and powershell scripts with the basic features of Netwrix. We would have to spend putting together new scripts everytime questions came up about active directory object or mailboxes that we can now not only just run reports on in Netwrix, but can generate historical reports for comparison.

Netwrix Auditor review by Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising
Executive Sponsor in Marketing and Advertising

"Comprehensive suite for auditing"

What do you like best?

The system is simple to get up and running; lots of pre-configured reports to cover many compliance and audit requirements. Intuitive interface.

What do you dislike?

Custom reports can sometimes be tricky to create depending on the information you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the reports you're after are covered, or that you can easily create the sorts of custom reports you need.

Netwrix has helped us streamline our SOX compliance processes significantly, compared to the manual report creation and analysis we needed to perform previously.

Netwrix Auditor review by Steven H.
Steven H.

"Netwrix is the BEST!"

What do you like best?

So easy to setup and the emails and reports it spits out are awesome!

What do you dislike?

The management GUI needs some rework. The reports web app is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implement Now!! If you don't have an auditing tool, this is the one. And they are not pricey.

Multiple things. We are now able to track Group Policy changes, user lockouts, and other audit-able items. We are better able to attack issues around Active Directory and timelier.

Netwrix Auditor review by Krishna K.
Krishna K.

"Netwrix Auditor"

What do you like best?

Its a great tool generates great report for the administrators and auditor with complete information on WHO, WHEN, WHERE and WHAT of AD changes. It also generate report which meets auditing requirement.

What do you dislike?

It does not provides custom filters to generate the report

It is particularly used when the any changes are done and we don't know who did the changes.

Netwrix Auditor review by Administrator

"Netwrix"

What do you like best?

Netwrix has many great prebuilt reports and views. Love the expiring password notification emails.

What do you dislike?

Don't have anything that I don't like. Tool is great.

We have it alert when changes are made in AD. Alerting user about expiring passwords.

Learning about Netwrix Auditor?

* We monitor all Netwrix Auditor reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.