Nexis®

Nexis is a comprehensive online news and business research tool.

Work for Nexis®?
Zignal labs review  2x

Learning about Nexis®?

Nexis® Reviews

Showing 15 Nexis® reviews
Nexis® review by <span>Yini C.</span>
Yini C.

I use this very often through WSU library website when I need to conduct academic research.

What do you like best?

The academic journals on this platform have really good quality and it's easy to use and download.

What do you dislike?

It would be better if I can just log into my school account on this website instead of logging to WSU library first and searching for the article I need because sometimes I find the articles that I need via Google and it brings me directly to LexiNexis. If I can just log into my WSU account and then get access to the article, that will be much more convenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very helpful platform for searching for academic literature. If you are also a student, you can use it for free through your school library website. It's a very good resource for students who have business related majors, and students who need to conduct academic research.

Retail management, marketing, and consumer behavior. There are a lot of good quality literature on this platform.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Nexis®
Nexis® review by <span>Nicole K.</span>
Nicole K.

Great Research Tool!

What do you like best?

I love how easy LexisNexis is to use! It's very user-friendly and I've been able to pick up and use it without any help from outside sources. I also love that the information provided is accurate and you're able to easily weed through any inaccurate information you may come across.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike. Actually, I don't think there is anything I dislike about this product. It has been extremely helpful and efficient for our needs as research professionals in a higher education setting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend this product to others in prospect research positions. It's a great starting point for research and you can use the information you find using this product to find more on other products.

We use LexisNexis to find basic information on our alumni especially real estate information, relatives, criminal history, etc.

What Media Monitoring solution do you use?

Nexis® review by <span>Steve F.</span>
Steve F.

Everything at your fingertips...if you know how to look

What do you like best?

The entire public domain is accessible with Nexis. We use a custom solution LNDP for our needs. The strongest feature is that you only need two or three pieces of information to find someone

What do you dislike?

They have made the interface worse; for example, I used to search a contact and it would display the results in a chart with information about company in the margins. Now i have to click each entry to see where they work. I attempted to explain this to the it developers but no one did anything. So something that took a couple of seconds now takes many many minutes of precious time. all because someone loves white space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to write queries.

our officers spent a lotof timetrying to find information scatter around the web. Nexis puts it all there in one place. in the hands of a skilled professional this is a powerful tool.

Nexis® review by <span>Cheryl K.</span>
Cheryl K.

Lexis Review

What do you like best?

I like this product the best out of all of the research databases offered in Law School. It offers endless amount of resources to make researching and learning better. For example, the search engines are seriously individualized and custom to what you need. The legal search can be as broad or narrow as you like it. My favorite is using the timeline aspect of the search. Also, my favorite thing is hi-lighting the actual documents and saving them in numerous folders for different projects.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the interface is a little confusing. There are so many great aspects to this software but it is organized a little confusing. For example, West Law is a little more easy on the eyes. So what I dislike most is the appearance and visuals of Lexis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely talk to a Lexis Nexis representative, they are so full of useful information. I didn't know how to shepardize until I talked to one. Also the more use, the easier it becomes.

Legal Research! It is a huge time saver to have such a specific search engine that allows me to cover so many different resources to answer my legal questions. Sometimes an answer will be answered by news articles, law review articles or just court opinions.

Nexis® review by User in Higher Education

Excellent source for research

What do you like best?

Lexis Nexis is a well known and very vast source of trusted research information, especially in the business and legal fields. In the academic version, only standard view is available for documents, however the limit on document retrieval is generous at several thousand. One would have to be an exceptionally avid collector or prolific researcher in order to ever reach that limit.

What do you dislike?

The legal document search requires exact match, so it is important to enter all possible variations of the term being search. This comes with two disadvantages: One, it can be a tedious process to input the numerous possible matches; and two, it is somewhat easy to miss some variations that may be relevant but not immediately obvious. Also, while there are some customization options available, it can be easy to get lost in the sea of information without a proper system to keep track of everything. Unfortunately, this is not a feature that seems to be built into the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is important to keep in mind the issue of exact match requirements while performing searches. With such a large repository of documents, it can be easy to miss important resources.

Nexis is helpful for anyone engaging in research about business or legal topics. Faculty members and students employed as graduate assistants enjoy access to all the same documents, and can engage in team projects with contributions from a vast collection of resources.

Nexis® review by <span>Aimee F.</span>
Aimee F.

Great product to help verify information on prospects

What do you like best?

I love using this product to verify real estate ownership as well as business information.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes navigation seems a bit more complicated than it needs to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good research tool for prospect research in higher education. I feel the data is often accurate and complete. You can set up alerts, do comprehensive searches, search on company information, and search for property ownership.

We are able to confirm identity and real estate for prospects.

Learning about Nexis®?

* We monitor all Nexis® reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.