Nexis®

Nexis is a comprehensive online news and business research tool.

Work for Nexis®?

Learning about Nexis®?

Nexis® Reviews

Ask Nexis® a Question
Showing 18 Nexis® reviews
Nexis® review by Yini C.
Yini C.

"I use this very often through WSU library website when I need to conduct academic research."

What do you like best?

The academic journals on this platform have really good quality and it's easy to use and download.

What do you dislike?

It would be better if I can just log into my school account on this website instead of logging to WSU library first and searching for the article I need because sometimes I find the articles that I need via Google and it brings me directly to LexiNexis. If I can just log into my WSU account and then get access to the article, that will be much more convenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very helpful platform for searching for academic literature. If you are also a student, you can use it for free through your school library website. It's a very good resource for students who have business related majors, and students who need to conduct academic research.

Retail management, marketing, and consumer behavior. There are a lot of good quality literature on this platform.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Nexis®
Nexis® review by Nicole K.
Nicole K.

"Great Research Tool!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy LexisNexis is to use! It's very user-friendly and I've been able to pick up and use it without any help from outside sources. I also love that the information provided is accurate and you're able to easily weed through any inaccurate information you may come across.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike. Actually, I don't think there is anything I dislike about this product. It has been extremely helpful and efficient for our needs as research professionals in a higher education setting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend this product to others in prospect research positions. It's a great starting point for research and you can use the information you find using this product to find more on other products.

We use LexisNexis to find basic information on our alumni especially real estate information, relatives, criminal history, etc.

What Media Monitoring solution do you use?

Nexis® review by Steve F.
Steve F.

"Everything at your fingertips...if you know how to look"

What do you like best?

The entire public domain is accessible with Nexis. We use a custom solution LNDP for our needs. The strongest feature is that you only need two or three pieces of information to find someone

What do you dislike?

They have made the interface worse; for example, I used to search a contact and it would display the results in a chart with information about company in the margins. Now i have to click each entry to see where they work. I attempted to explain this to the it developers but no one did anything. So something that took a couple of seconds now takes many many minutes of precious time. all because someone loves white space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to write queries.

our officers spent a lotof timetrying to find information scatter around the web. Nexis puts it all there in one place. in the hands of a skilled professional this is a powerful tool.

Nexis® review by Cheryl K.
Cheryl K.

"Lexis Review"

What do you like best?

I like this product the best out of all of the research databases offered in Law School. It offers endless amount of resources to make researching and learning better. For example, the search engines are seriously individualized and custom to what you need. The legal search can be as broad or narrow as you like it. My favorite is using the timeline aspect of the search. Also, my favorite thing is hi-lighting the actual documents and saving them in numerous folders for different projects.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the interface is a little confusing. There are so many great aspects to this software but it is organized a little confusing. For example, West Law is a little more easy on the eyes. So what I dislike most is the appearance and visuals of Lexis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely talk to a Lexis Nexis representative, they are so full of useful information. I didn't know how to shepardize until I talked to one. Also the more use, the easier it becomes.

Legal Research! It is a huge time saver to have such a specific search engine that allows me to cover so many different resources to answer my legal questions. Sometimes an answer will be answered by news articles, law review articles or just court opinions.

Nexis® review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"LexisNexis Research good for the seasoned searcher"

What do you like best?

This is the old school way to search for cases (if you are not interested in going to the actual books). Law school courses were taught specifically on how to best tailor searches on this product. I like that it feels comfortable and I know how to get what I need.

What do you dislike?

Searches take a lot of effort and can be laborious. As I stated above, entire courses were devoted on how best to tailor searches. This means that it's not easy to use for a first-time user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I prefer Lexis Advance. Lexis Research was great when we didn't have easier search options for case law. However, now that Lexis Advance has come around I prefer that outlet.

We used this to find cases without having to go to the books. It is a great quick way to search for cases if you know how to create a decent search query.

Nexis® review by User in Higher Education

"Excellent source for research"

What do you like best?

Lexis Nexis is a well known and very vast source of trusted research information, especially in the business and legal fields. In the academic version, only standard view is available for documents, however the limit on document retrieval is generous at several thousand. One would have to be an exceptionally avid collector or prolific researcher in order to ever reach that limit.

What do you dislike?

The legal document search requires exact match, so it is important to enter all possible variations of the term being search. This comes with two disadvantages: One, it can be a tedious process to input the numerous possible matches; and two, it is somewhat easy to miss some variations that may be relevant but not immediately obvious. Also, while there are some customization options available, it can be easy to get lost in the sea of information without a proper system to keep track of everything. Unfortunately, this is not a feature that seems to be built into the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is important to keep in mind the issue of exact match requirements while performing searches. With such a large repository of documents, it can be easy to miss important resources.

Nexis is helpful for anyone engaging in research about business or legal topics. Faculty members and students employed as graduate assistants enjoy access to all the same documents, and can engage in team projects with contributions from a vast collection of resources.

Nexis® review by Aimee F.
Aimee F.

"Great product to help verify information on prospects"

What do you like best?

I love using this product to verify real estate ownership as well as business information.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes navigation seems a bit more complicated than it needs to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good research tool for prospect research in higher education. I feel the data is often accurate and complete. You can set up alerts, do comprehensive searches, search on company information, and search for property ownership.

We are able to confirm identity and real estate for prospects.

Nexis® review by User in Higher Education

"Great tool for doing extensive research with ease"

What do you like best?

I love Nexis for it's ease of use. I've used many other products before to conduct literature reviews and Nexis is the bet out of them all. It found the most relevant sources and organized them in a way that was easy to sort through. I've used many other products before and they were convoluted and not user friendly at all. Nexis has been the simplest and easiest to use out of all it's competitors.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about Nexis. The user support is great, the interface is great, and the data it provides us is great. The only thing that would be a dislike about Nexis is probably the cost. But, you definitely get what you pay for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try this out!

Nexis helps us solve our problem of finding a single solution/depository of relevant research data. It has greatly increased our productivity by allowing us to not waste time going from website to website to find the data we need to run our business.

Nexis® review by Trevor G.
Trevor G.

"Clunky interface, powerful tool, lacking customer service"

What do you like best?

The sheer amount of resources that LexisNexis pulls from is impressive.

What do you dislike?

The ugly interface makes it hard to use for research purposes. Customer service is also underwhelming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to deal with an interface that is not easy to use off the bat

We used LexisNexis for research. We've been able to utilize it for business cases and white papers.

Nexis® review by Gennifer D.
Gennifer D.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

The interface for LexisNexis is fairly easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The search feature is not the most user friendly. You often get more results that I believe you should when searching, even if you are fairly specific.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lexis Nexis is very helpful when doing research for a paper.

It provides very good access to court case files.

"Legal Database"

What do you like best?

Lexis Nexis is the premier legal and business database allowing for easy search and access to millions of documents. Students like using Lexis Nexis for the reputation of documents available on the database.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve when first beginning to use Lexis Nexis. When searching for documents, there can be an overwhelming number of results unless search criteria are very specific or searching by specific document number.

Students and faculty members use Lexis Nexis to access legal documents.

Nexis® review by Jerron T.
Jerron T.

"Takes some practice"

What do you like best?

I really like the abundance of information that I can find on Nexis.

What do you dislike?

Learning the connectors takes much time and practice when conducting a search.

I am helping my organization make informed decisions on who they do business with.

Nexis® review by User

"Nexis Review"

What do you like best?

Is "everything" an acceptable answer? It's extraordinarily user-friendly, with comprehensive public data covering the spectrum of data points I use for my everyday work.

What do you dislike?

Not much, although the real estate data can sometimes be a little out of date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well worth the investment. An essential research tool

We use Nexis daily for ready-reference questions about our constituents and prospects, and on a case-by-case basis when doing full research on potential major donors

Nexis® review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"LexisNexis is a wonderful tool for Prospect Researchers Regarding Individuals"

What do you like best?

What I like best is that LexisNexis is updated with the most current information about individuals' biographical information and that WealthEngine scores are also available for individuals.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that performing research on corporations, foundations, etc. is a bit more difficult and does not include as much information as individuals.

We are solving the problem of identifying possible employment information for our alumni.

Nexis® review by User

"Very helpful!"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to shepardize the best!

What do you dislike?

I don't like the costs of it when not using my school account.

Legal research

Nexis® review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"LexisNexis Legal Research Review"

What do you like best?

Name recognition is spot on and the information is there and available.

What do you dislike?

The interface is not as easy to use as newer products like LexisAdvance or WestLawNext.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use LexisAdvace instead

Performing research for a wide array of legal questions.

Nexis® review by User in Higher Education

"Great product, especially the law program"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Robust legal information available at your fingertips.

What do you dislike?

The program is now very similar to a Google search. Search results are much less focused than they were using the older program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The original version required much more foresight in developing searches.

Most research is secured using this program. It is essential to the work that we do.

Nexis® review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Love Lexis"

What do you like best?

Love that I get access to public records. Also has different resources than Westlaw or other competitors.

What do you dislike?

Web interface is clunky and not good for mobile viewing.

Research legal issues, verdict analyzer, public records search.

Learning about Nexis®?

* We monitor all Nexis® reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.