Nexonia Expenses

Nexonia Expenses

Nexonia Expenses cloud-based business expense report management system seamlessly integrates with leading ERPs.

Work for Nexonia Expenses?

Learning about Nexonia Expenses?

Nexonia Expenses Reviews

Ask Nexonia Expenses a Question
Showing 296 Nexonia Expenses reviews
Nexonia Expenses review by Audrey E.
Audrey E.

"so far so good"

What do you like best?

Our company has started using Nexonia Expenses and our experience has been great.

The software is simple for users and the integration with Netsuite has been pretty seamless. When Administrators have questions, Nexonia's customer support is top notch

What do you dislike?

Only thing I am having issue with is with users who have to submit expenses for more than one region. If that region is not the primary subsidiary we get an error transferring into Netsuite. We have to export and enter those manually - I dislike that Nexonia hasn't fully automated our expense process

Recommendations to others considering the product

During Implementation, be very clear on your business needs and how you would like your Nexonia account set up.

The Policy warnings and blockers are helpful in keeping employees compliant with our policy. Not being able to submit something they would've previously requested an exception before has really got them to be more cnscious of our policies

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Nexonia Expenses
Nexonia Expenses review by Nichole V.
Nichole V.

"Easy and quick to use! "

What do you like best?

My favourite feature of Nexonia is the Smartphone app! I can do my expenses on the go, view past expenses, save receipts, and submit reports in minutes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the report function can be a bit confusing, since you cannot submit a single item on its own without associating it with an overarching "report".

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool, and I would highly recommend it to businesses who have many employees submitting expenses. It's extremely easy to navigate from the user perspective, it has a modern/attractive interface, and helps keep everything organized so that there are no missing pieces to the expense process.

Before we used Nexonia, I was constantly forgetting to submit my expenses and therefore missing deadlines. When I went on business trips, I had handfuls of expense receipts that I had to keep track of. With Nexonia things are lot more organized now, and I can submit expenses as I go, so nothing is missing.

What Expense Management solution do you use?

Nexonia Expenses review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Love the mobile app! "

What do you like best?

Nexonia has successfully created a platform that follows the existing habits of the phone user. The dashboard is bright and intuitive. The setup can change as fast as your company changes - no waiting for cumbersome back-office implementations. Creating and submitting expense reports during typical airport/flying downtime is smart. Seamless syncing avoids irritating upload/download errors. Love the mobile app!

And the support.....is 5 star! When you call, there is a minimum number of extension to navigate. You talk to a real person. And that person has instant access to your company's platform and can see everything live. Even the fix was instantaneous. We didn't have to wait a 24-hour cycle to effect the correction.

What do you dislike?

Linking personal credit cards has been a bit tricky. We understand the banks have their unique processes but maybe a future version will make the linking easier and more permanent. To be fair however, we have not taken advantage of the incredible support - maybe the answer is out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start now! There is no reason to be manhandling your company's expenses anymore. The Nexonia software is easy for everyone to use. You won't have to hire someone to administrate the software that's supposed to save you time and money! Start now!

Nexonia has eliminated the tedious spreadsheet errors and lost receipts. Now the auditors have all the information in soft-copy. The time saved by EVERY user has reduced our Admin costs.

Nexonia Expenses review by Chris M.
Chris M.

"Complete waste of time!"

What do you like best?

The only benefit over Expensify is that they have a number to call when you need tech support!

What do you dislike?

Implementation took over 6 weeks. After 6 weeks, we were told it was ready to go, then you have to go thru all kinds of training. After the training, when we tried to use the software, found out that the implementation was not complete! We were unable to pull in credit card transactions and they told us that we needed to use a different service to do that. They "plugged" in the different service and then instructed us that we needed to finish the implementation! After they wouldn't finish the implementation, I canceled the account and they wanted to charge me $585 for a service that we never used! Not one expense report was ever created, submitted or exported to QB! We had high expectations for them! Expensify is the way to go if you don't mind the long response time from tech support!

Aside from all of the implementation problems, the product is very confusing to use and you will find yourself watching training videos over and over again to try and get it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not use Nexonia! Use Expensify!

Nothing has been solved! There are zero benefits!

Nexonia Expenses review by Jeremy M.
Jeremy M.

"Nexonia"

What do you like best?

I have never had to use the website. I have only used the app on my Iphone. It's very accurate with maps and easy to do expenses with attaching receipts. Use it to track mileage for meetings and reimbursed meals.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about it. I have used Concur before, but only on the website. Maybe the Concur app is equal, but I think Nexonia is great. I do expense reports weekly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a Sales user, I would consider implementing if a company is looking to automate expenses. The app works great, never has crashed and I use weekly. The maps are accurate.

Aligning expenses with networking efforts, prospect meetings. I have saved a lot of time using Nexonia since the process is easy on a weekly basis.

Nexonia Expenses review by Candace P.
Candace P.

"Fast, User friendly expense Management"

What do you like best?

Nexonia makes it easy to enter process my expenses in a timely, and organized manner. Great for employee reimbursements and complex workflows.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I don't like about Nexonia

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're constantly tracking down employee receipts, let Nexonia do the work for you. You can even set a cut off for reimbursement requests.

As an employee Nexonia makes expense reports and payouts a breeze. With a streamline approval system and interface for employees, approvers and admins. Nexonia makes it easy to have multiple expenses in various statuses as well as to streamline the receipts process. The app makes expenses on the run even more convenient. Easy to capture receipts on the go and process expense reports right from your phone.

Nexonia Expenses review by Michael W.
Michael W.

"Flexible integration and automation capabilities, "user-friendliness" needs improvement"

What do you like best?

Helps bridge the gap between our accounting software (NetSuite) and our business expenses through the automation of tracking and booking our corporate card spend. Flexible integration helps us to better track what we want and how we want which is a necessity for a high-growth company that is always evolving.

What do you dislike?

The web-based is too click-oriented. Using the online platform can feel quite 'clunky' at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This solution is ALOT more customizable than, say, Expensify. However, Expensify (which we tested) is a lot easier to use and much simpler.

If you want flexible integration over ease of use, then Nexonia is better. If you want simplicity, then Expensify is better.

Since NetSuite lacks automated credit card import features like quickbooks, pre-nexonia processes were extremely manual, stressful and prone to human error. Nexonia is definately a giant step forward in filling this void and will continue to improve as my team gets more experience with the platform.

Nexonia Expenses review by Administrator in Biotechnology
Administrator in Biotechnology

"Rolled out Nexonia to over 100 users"

What do you like best?

This system has allowed us to stream line the expense process for our organisation and bring a synergy with the accounting team and the process.

Now submitting and approving expenses is a lot easier for our global travelers. while giving total visibility to the accounting team of how we are spending the moneys

What do you dislike?

There are a couple of points that we do wish we could alter.

firstly we have users in different countries so they submit reimbursement expenses in a local currency, however the corporate card they use is in Canadian, so now we have to have two profiles for these users.... be great if we could have multi currency for the end transaction not just one.

secondly once you have uploaded the receipts the window to view them is so SMALL..... so many complaints about not being able to see the receipt in the viewer. be better to have a separate window for the Receipt not just part of the item window.

Recommendations to others considering the product

get your business case set up first, i joined our project half way through and alot of needs were missed

the ownership of the expense, in the past we have had users just submit receipts with no comment. or delay submitting of them. now it is becoming more timely.

Nexonia Expenses review by Kristin N.
Kristin N.

"Simple interface, intuitive to use and a great mobile app!"

What do you like best?

I love Nexonia's simplicity. As an employee, it's easier than ever to keep track of my expenses and submit them for review. I'm a huge fan of the mobile app for iOS. When I was on the train ride home from a work conference I managed to submit all of my expenses with ease, using my iPhone's camera to photograph my receipts. This app would be even easier to use on the go, so you can leave the bill behind with your empty plates and decide on your tip with it's handy tip calculator.

It makes it easy to not only submit my expenses, but have them on record at all times when estimating what funds might be left for a certain expense category. Plus, the interface is completely intuitive and well designed. I truly have no complaints!

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I can say I dislike about this program. I might mention that calculating accurate sales tax when submitting expenses for items that were redeemed with discount codes/credits can be a little challenging to report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While I haven't truly had a means of comparing Nexonia to similar software, it doesn't require much thought to use and has made work expenses an incredibly simple process for myself. Submitting, tracking and managing expenses is easy and intuitive. I think you'll find you don't need much more than what it already has to offer.

I can easily submit, view and manage my expense budgets for my workplace, on my desktop or on the go. No more need to hold on to paper receipts or worry about losing them. It has helped me feel confident that my company will be able to expense my appropriate spending and allows me the freedom to take advantage of its wonderful perk package.

Nexonia Expenses review by Cherina A.
Cherina A.

"Breeze through expenses with Nexonia!"

What do you like best?

Submitting expenses through Nexonia is straight forward and self explanatory. The dashboard is user friendly and it allows users to comfortably maneuver around without feeling like they are going to mess something up.

What do you dislike?

If the company has several jobs and expense type categories then it's critical for the system trainer to provide in depth training and education so users know exactly which fields to select/use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be disappointed.

Operations/Business - Nexonia is able to plug into Netsuite ERP. This is beneficial b/c once the expenses are entered and approved, then these expenses hit the job/project in Netsuite. There is no need to duplicate efforts by doing manual entries.

Users: As I mentioned above, Nexonia's dashboard is easy and it tracks every expense report submitted. InVision is aiming to go paperless so expenses live in the cloud, there is no paper exchange. All supporting receipts/backup can be uploaded to the user's expense report. And, because Nexonia plugs into Netsuite then employee's get reimbursed via direct deposit.

Approvers - Approvers receive an email notification when someone from their team submits an expense report so they are able to approve/reject immediately.

Nexonia Expenses review by Sherri B.
Sherri B.

"Very helpful, but still needs a lot of tweaking in the credit card area."

What do you like best?

I love that Nexonia can match a receipt to a credit card transaction. That has been so helpful and a true time saver! The support team continues to go out of their way to make everything run smoothly and seemlessly; however, there are a lot of kinks still to be worked out in the Nexonia credit card process.

What do you dislike?

We use Intacct for our accounting software, and unfortunately, there seems to be so many conflicts between Nexonia and Intacct. The transfer process is a constant struggle. Also, We use several different credit card companies, and have found it to be a major struggle to find a credit card feed that will bring the credit card transactions in without fail. Nexonia has had to move our cc feed two times for Citi Visa and now we are struggling to find a decent cc feed for Atlantic Capital Bank (formerly FSG Bank).

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those that are considering using Nexonia as a bridge to match credit card transactions to receipts prior to transferring to another accounting software: Double check compatibilities of the softwares and also the credit card company transactions feed source. Those are the two largest struggles for our company. Other than that, enjoy! It's a great service and continues to improve.

Business problems solved with Nexonia would be time saving. From the employee standpoint, it saves them time and steamlines turning in their credit card receipts.

Nexonia Expenses review by Kelly K.
Kelly K.

"Nice & Tidy"

What do you like best?

Nexonia's interface enables our client's employees to upload their expense reports and supporting receipts with ease. Eliminating the hassle and fuss over paper copy, the platform allows those submitting, reviewing and approving the luxury of managing their respective responsibilities at any time, any place.

What do you dislike?

From a reviewers' perspective, it would be nice if the supporting receipts were listed in sequence.

The process involved with submitting expense reports is often time-consuming. Let's face it: this a monthly recurring task. While employees and contractors are responsible for accounting for a company's expenses, keeping track of receipts per project is laborious and efficiency should always be towards the top of the list. That's where Nexonia comes into play. Reimbursement requests can be drafted over the course of time.

Nexonia Expenses review by Administrator

"A good product for small business"

What do you like best?

We use only Nexonia Expenses. The mobile app is intuitive, fast and simple to use. The approval system works fine.

What do you dislike?

Low and slow support for the configuration of the system.

Not all the custom features are multilingual.

No access to a real testing environment.

No support for french users.

The Web experience is tedious for users, not intuitive and not adapted to small screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for small and simple company. If you have custom needs, users from all around the world, the experience is less great. Many nice features are included, but need to be polished.

It allowed us to centralize all expenses reports in one place. The approval system simplifies the management of those reports.

Nexonia Expenses review by Administrator

"Excellent features and functions for the right need"

What do you like best?

Feature/function rich, especially for expense mgmt. Easy to use. Responsive support. Hard working team behind the scenes.

What do you dislike?

Performance. Sometimes system is a bit slow especially with integrated high volume job/project transactions. Support is very responsive; however fixes not always timely. Proactive/follow-up status communication after request submitted could be improved. I believe this is as a result of a fast-growing company. Ov

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan to integrate with another platform like ERP/FInancial system, do a lot of performance testing. Make sure Nexonia can scale with your record volumes particularly if your business has to process thousands of work orders per year.

Our nationwide mobile workforce (500+ users) went from submitting paper receipts and emailing expense reports to fully on-line. We lacked visibly, control, data accuracy - our finance expense processing team could not keep up! This is now all in the past. We now have near real-time visibility of expenses, more business (employee/Manager)ownership/accountability over their expenses, faster/timely re-reimbursement and controls. Nexonia significantly helped our business reduce cost/complexity, risk and increase our productivity. It is now a mission-critical platform that is providing our fast-moving services business with a competitive advantage.

Nexonia Expenses review by Troy B.
Troy B.

"Nexonia on the go!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and reliability of the mobile App. It allows me to quickly upload receipts while on the go.

What do you dislike?

In the Nexonia app it should default to which currency to be used based on the phones GPS. Also the "add item" button on the bottom should be swapped with the one at the top. The Uber integration is not reliable. Exchange rate is not always up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the product fully meets your needs.

Able to efficiently submit expense reports! No more saving tons of receipts and copy/scan/faxing them.

Nexonia Expenses review by Amber B.
Amber B.

"Great Expense Tool"

What do you like best?

The best features about Nexonia is that it is easy to use. You can access your expenses from any laptop or mobile devices. I can put expenses in at anytime and approve and run reports if necessary.

What do you dislike?

When I go in the system to purge old employees, you can only remove one at a time, then you have to refresh the page and move on to the next.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely worth the change.

We switched to Nexonia from another expense system. From the beginning it started saving money and was easier for users.

Nexonia Expenses review by Xavier F.
Xavier F.

"Implementing Nexonia at Valacta"

What do you like best?

Cloud solution, easily customizable, very good mobile App, very good support and follow up from start of project up to final implementation date.

What do you dislike?

Transition from implementation team to support team wasn't fully transparent, but that's a minor.

Had to explain again a few of our specifications to support team.

We've also been told by the sales team that this product was going to be 100% bilingual French/English, which in the end, it was more like 90%. It's still a good score, but along the way and even now, we realize that there are a few items that cannot be easily translated, or we have to use both language in some descriptions

This would also be very good if there was a French support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nexonia Expenses is a very good product, easy to implement. Users and Approvers also find it very easy to use. We had a very good support from the implementation team along the process

Offering cloud solution to everyone in our company, Approval process, ease of use.

Our old expense program wasn't 64 bits compatible and was sitting on an old Windows Server. Now with Nexonia we're free to upgrade and we don't have to worry about this old server.

Nexonia Expenses review by Tom P.
Tom P.

"Manager Friendly"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that Nexonia is user friendly. I have used other services in the past where it took a tremendous amount of time to navigate the system. Nexonia is straight forward, intuitive, and efficient.

What do you dislike?

I have not complaints about Nexonia expense system.

Tracking expenses with multiple sales reps can sometimes be challenging. Nexonia easy to use platform helps the sales reps enter the expense information in an accurate and timely manner. This enables the management team to review with accuracy and detail prior to approval.

Nexonia Expenses review by Ted R.
Ted R.

"Great Service - Fast, Convenient and Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and simplicity are great with this application. You can quickly figure out how to do what you need to do. They also support multiple platforms, including Windows Phone, which many companies ignore these days.

What do you dislike?

I recently had a development concern, which I submitted to their Support Team. They understood what I needed and submitted it to their development team. I was communicated with very effectively all the way through the process. My only concern about this was the time required to effect a fairly small change in the UI. The issue was identified and the request submitted in late March 2016, and the solution was delivered live in early June.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great company and an excellent product. They have a solid understanding of the business need and an effective delivery capability.

Expense entry and processing for a distributed workforce. We have moved all expense reporting and documentation processing to online (from spreadsheets), improved processing speed and review accuracy, enhanced audit and reporting capabilities and streamlined the whole workflow.

Nexonia Expenses review by Stoyan F.
Stoyan F.

"Next please! "

What do you like best?

I love the fact that this software has a phone friendly app. If I forget to add my information, I can easily add it on my phone. I love that it remembers frequent locations and if you enter a location once for mileage expenses, it will remember it for you. I love it generates monetary amounts for reimbursement with mileage. I can easily upload receipts from company outings.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you have to justify each expense with a code. It can be rather redundant. App is definitely not first time user friendly. You must watch a tutorial once or twice for ease of use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch tutorials

We are able to easily use bexonia expenses to track and log company expenses.

Nexonia Expenses review by Administrator

"Implementation difficult, use easy"

What do you like best?

phone app, mileage map, fairly user friendly platform.

What do you dislike?

The implementation was very difficult, although honestly I think that had more to do with the personnel assigned to our account than the software itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have the implementation specialist assigned more knowledgeable on set up. Had several issues such as 1. Specifically asked if the QuickBooks version we had was compatible and was told yes, only after several hours on the phone with Nexonia and trying to implement the software were we told weeks later that in fact the version we had was not compatible. Would have saved us a lot of time had this been told up front. 2. Was given a Visa template for card uploads when we only use MasterCards. Wasted a lot of time having issues with the upload, when I called Support this was remedied but our original implementer gave us the original incorrect Visa template.

easy accessibility for receipts and consolidation of reports.

Nexonia Expenses review by Sean O.
Sean O.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

The ability to see all previous expense submissions, along with the ability to see if my manager has approved it yet vs. if accounting has funded it yet.

What do you dislike?

The interface is very powerful, but can be a little confusing the first time you use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've never heard my colleagues complain about using it... everyone seems to find it very easy to use.

It's made it very easy for me to be able to submit and track my reimbursement requests at work.

Nexonia Expenses review by John T.
John T.

"Always Amazed"

What do you like best?

As strong a program as Nexonia is, I think what I like best is actually their team. They always make a point to show you how happy they are to be able to help. Additionally, they are upgrading the system non-stop, so it's never too long before a desired feature or function is added to the system. Finally, they really listen to you, and are very understanding of anything that happens during the implementations.

What do you dislike?

If I had to really pick something I didn't like, I'd just say there are some gaps in functionality. Luckily that's only temporary as Nexonia updates their system a very impressive speed. Other than that, I can't think of anything else I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's absolutely worth your time to at least check the product out. Also, this is VERY important, keep a mind on the staff; they are TOP NOTCH.

As we have more and more staff submitting both Expenses and Timesheets, with expenses being both Out-of-Pocket and on company cards, it was becoming cumbersome for us to use the original paper process. Nexonia literally revolutionized our entire process, from initial entry all the way through to posting to our General Ledger. It's almost TOO easy to use now!

Nexonia Expenses review by Tom C.
Tom C.

"Easy and fast expense reporting from my mobile phone"

What do you like best?

Being able to take a picture of receipts means I no longer have to save my paper receipts -- I just take a picture as soon as I get the receipt and add the expense to my report, long before I've even had a chance to lose the receipt!

What do you dislike?

The mobile app doesn't give full visibility of the review process but does show that the approvals are in progress and updates when the approvals are completed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a user, Nexonia Express makes it easy to create and file expense reports from mobile and desktop.

Easy expense reporting, quicker and more accurate.

Nexonia Expenses review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Easy to Use Software"

What do you like best?

Very straightforward, easy to use and follow. The instructions are very straightforward and submitting process is easy. As a user I don't find any difficulty in understanding how to use the software.

What do you dislike?

The uploading receipts/attachment feature is very slow and the preview of the review seems blurry, often times when I want to ensure I have uploaded the correct receipt, it takes a while to load the preview and once loaded it is very blurry and hard to read.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amazing product for employees with no difficulty in explaining how it works.

How to manage expenses , how to lower travel costs for projects since it breaks out all the expenses and total amount spent on a project.

Nexonia Expenses review by Tasha R.
Tasha R.

"User Friendly"

What do you like best?

-Easy set-up and synchronization with Intacct

-Customer service

-Reporting

-User friendly

What do you dislike?

Building larger reports can be a bit time consuming. But, definitely worth it in the end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Build as many reports ahead of time as needed

Utilize Nexonia customer service as much as possible

-Being able to generate reports for single or multiple departments in a fraction of the time it took in the past

-Less employee complaints about the the expense reporting system

Nexonia Expenses review by Alicia A.
Alicia A.

"Seamless Integration with NetSuite, exceptional support!"

What do you like best?

I love that the support team that was so involved during the setup process has continued to go above and beyond with quick response time and efficiency. The team is also open to any suggestions and ideas to improve functionality and features and even better - they actually have already made some suggested improvements in the short time we have been a client.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about the service, I still have some feature tweaks I would like introduced but I am confident that the Nexonia team is continuously working on improvements and customer requests.

We had issues with Concur integrating with NetSuite and Concur support, billing, etc. was beyond frustrating. Working with Nexonia's sales, implementation and support team has been perfect from the start and they have continued the same level as service which was promised to us before we were a client.

Nexonia Expenses review by Administrator in Airlines/Aviation
Administrator in Airlines/Aviation

"Not the best for smaller companies that need customization"

What do you like best?

Like the fact that you can require a receipt to be attached an expense item. I have noticed the # of lost receipts go down significantly.

What do you dislike?

Dislike how long charges take to hit Nexonia (right now this is 5-10 days later). Have not had the best experience with the customer service. We have heard the answer "no" or "Nexonia can't do that" to many of our questions, but when our associates have enough time to look at the issues, we have come up with a solution ourselves. The reporting piece could be better (more customization). Many users have duplicate charges show up frequently. The credit card was not physically charged multiple times, just showing up multiple times in Nexonia. This was another issue that we were basically told could not be fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking into an expense reporting system and need custom fields, please have a demo done with some examples before you purchase to make sure you get what you need from this product.

We are slowly solving the responsibility for expenses issue. Nexonia makes you responsible for your own charges on your card. If you would like to be reimbursed, you must fill out an expense for it. This has begun our process of holding people accountable for their own expenses.

Nexonia Expenses review by Nicholas H.
Nicholas H.

"Intuitive, easy to use, affordable"

What do you like best?

The endless range of customization. You can change approval processes, user roles, expense categories, etc. endlessly!

What do you dislike?

The error message guide on the website says "this might be the problem", but it doesn't provide a solution. How do I solve the problem?!

Official approvals of expenses. Before it was not a standardized process, it required a lot of communication between employees and managers and directors. We now have it standardized across the company by expense category by customer by dollar amount. And you can do it on your phone!

Nexonia Expenses review by User in Computer Software

"The easiest way to keep track of expenses & reimbursement!"

What do you like best?

Nexonia is so easy to use! The categories are simple, the app allows for enough flexibility whether you are working in mobile or desktop and it just works. I appreciate being able to add receipts in multiple formats whether you're looking at a JPEG, PDF, etc. In addition, the seamless management between web & mobile means that there is no confusion for trips/itineraries.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of any real downfalls to this application at the current time. It would be cool if there was a way to track location with a receipt so that it would be easy to attribute time & dates to specific expenses. Maybe this is just something I'm not aware of.

Ease of submitting, tracking and ensuring reimbursement through any type of expense. No longer do I need to work through a cumbersome system or specific format- Nexonia is the easiest to use!

Nexonia Expenses review by Zsuzsanna B.
Zsuzsanna B.

"Help how to use Reporting tool in Nexonia"

What do you like best?

It's very user friendly, and easy to use. For finance user and for a traveler as well.

What do you dislike?

I started to use it two weeks ago, and i'm still not bale to say anything, what i dislike from this application.:)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go and get it!:)

We are taking care about expenses, which come from employees. They have to get back their money from the company in time.

It's a big benefit, that we can approve expenses in one report and also send back items from the same report in on time. Then maybe just one item will be rejected from 20 lines.

Nexonia Expenses review by Brett J.
Brett J.

"A company's extended wallet"

What do you like best?

Very simple UI, easy-to-use system, in which users are able to submit multiple expense items, view policies, receive approvals, etc.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much of the system I don't appreciate. I don't provide approvals so can't speak on that level, but incredibly simple tool for uploading my corporate expenses needing reimbursement. Perhaps some additional notifications would be nice so I can better know when expenses have been vetted, but may simply be a setting I need to adjust to allow for 3rd party (email) notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you incur expenses at your position, having a tool like Nexonia is a fundamental need in order to ensure timely reimbursements.

Corporate travel happens all too often and being able to submit incurred expenses effectively and easily is paramount for ensuring timely reimbursement for approved expenses.

Nexonia Expenses review by Laura R.
Laura R.

"Saves Time and Trees!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use - on the go use the app or from the desktop - less excuses on lost receipts and real time ability to code. Feedback from users is already very positive !

What do you dislike?

Still new to it so haven't found anything as of yet. Wish you could do payables from the app on the smart phones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend it as you can use both the expense module and accounts payable module creating a very streamlined work flow process. Implementation was fairly easy and the training was great. It feeds right into our accounting program Intacct. Most of ours users are on board and finding it a great solution! Just rolled out this month!

getting reports done on time and then thru an approval process - this just makes the trail simple and digital, reducing hours spent tracking down employees, approvals and receipts.

Nexonia Expenses review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"First Impressions of Nexonia"

What do you like best?

It's a better system than the company had before. Its great that I can do my expenses from my mobile phone. I like that I can take pictures of my receipts.

What do you dislike?

No receipts bucket, meaning when I e-mail a receipt I do not want to have to put an expense report number. I just want it to store the receipt. Transactions should also not have to be tied to expense report. E-mailing multiple page pdf document should stay as 1 receipt. When e-mail a bill it page is separate. I wish I could use credit card transaction receipts for amounts less than $75 instead of printed receipts. IRS accepts these why not your system?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used Expensify for 3 years it workflow was much easier. But I guess our company backed system was did not work well with it.

Mobile expense reporting. Makes making expense report more efficient.

Nexonia Expenses review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Product wasn't our first choice"

What do you like best?

The approval layering is great and sophisticated.

What do you dislike?

It's not the most user friendly product out there. It is easy to enter someone incorrectly. Personally, I was never able to link my credit card to it so I have to upload my transactions manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out all the features before you switch.

Reimbursement management. It has helped us stay on top of our reimbursements.

Nexonia Expenses review by Tom M.
Tom M.

"Can't say enough about Nexonia! Ease of use, great training, functionality, integration..."

What do you like best?

Onboarding was a breeze, training was excellent, integration with Bill.com is awesome, and support was responsive! I use Nexonia for my Board of Directors spread all over the country. Training them was a piece of cake with the video tailored for my organization. And, ya know, it just works!!!

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say I can't think of anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Nexonia Team is awesome to work with. They helped me set it up, test it, train me, and then followed up to make sure it was working.

I needed to process expense reports three times per year for my board of directors. I just point them to the Nexonia website and the training video. I can approve their expense report, push it over to Bill.com and pay it within 5 minutes!!!

Nexonia Expenses review by Keith G.
Keith G.

"It is a disservice to your organization to not go with Nexonia"

What do you like best?

Customer Service is amazing. Product is coded very well and the integration are flawless and provide a lot of options for Intacct.

What do you dislike?

It is a perfect product in my eyes. "5 characters remaining."

Recommendations to others considering the product

They customize Nexonia constantly and listen to their customers and have a very solid management and foundation upon which they have established themselves. They are willing to help solve business problems and create additions to their software which enables customers to continually evolve the product to suite their needs. We are a global organization with offices in China, India, United States, Lebanon, and Germany and our entire global team is using Nexonia time and expenses. It is accurate and clear and concise.

Professional services project accounting industry with billable expenses, this product delivers on all accounts.

Nexonia Expenses review by Jason A.
Jason A.

"Nexonia for submitting expenses"

What do you like best?

Easy to log in and enter expense reports. Easy to access from anywhere. History is maintained and is accessible.

What do you dislike?

Linking up the imported receipts can be a little clumsy at times.

We are solving the issue of people creating and submitting expense reports which we had to do in excel spreadsheets beforehand. Nexionia allows for approvals.

Nexonia Expenses review by Brandon W.
Brandon W.

"Solid program for small business."

What do you like best?

Nexonia has a simple and easy to navigate user interface. If you are looking for a timesheet or expense report tool, this is ready to go out of the box!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I don't have any issues with nexonia. The only reason I give it an 8 is because of the price, which I think could be a little lower.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something that has ease of use and ready to go interface, this is it!

We had a very clumsy method of managing expense reports and time sheets in the past. Nexonia has been a huge catalyst for our improvement in these areas.

Nexonia Expenses review by Amanda N.
Amanda N.

"Easy to use expense sheet"

What do you like best?

Everything is laid out nicely so it is easy to fill out.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I find when I add the receipts via the mobile app, they don't always appear in the web app.

I use Nexonia to get reimbursed for expenses at work, especially my mileage. It automatically calculates the mileage rate so I don't have to do the extra math.

Nexonia Expenses review by Brian S.
Brian S.

"A must have product"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly and allows us to save considerable time with processing compared to our former manual and paper intensive process.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have a dislike. I wish we had an API to integrate with our financial software, Blackbaud, but the import/export feature is workable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have corporate credit cards and are handling the process manually in a paper intensive manner, this product is for you. Your life will become much easier.

We were able to move from a totally manual and paper intensive process to a fully automated and paperless process. And, it improves accuracy and efficiency for everyone.

Nexonia Expenses review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Expert Help!"

What do you like best?

I like that the Help Desk is friendly and speaks in terms I don't have to take the time to look up - I understand them! They get back to quickly and they make sure they are understanding the question that you've asked. They also have sent me a site link - screen shot of the fix. This has caused me to venture out onto their site and look on my own when I have time. When I don't have the time or I'm not sure what wording to use to look it up myself, I just email the Help desk and they are always willing to help.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike yet. I don't have anything else to say, yet I need 40 more characters.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well laid out, professionals who are good at what they do, Help Desk - AWESOME!

It's easy, I can always go back in and update it until I Submit the monthly folder, it's easy to upload the receipts.

Nexonia Expenses review by Christian F.
Christian F.

"Easiest expense tool ever"

What do you like best?

Very easy input of receipts via different tools like email, mobile phone, etc... Very intuitive user interface - after a short introduction, no problem to use it. I also love the iPhone App - I can do everything on the phone while waiting at the airport or sitting in a taxi.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the VAT is not picked automatically, so you need to adjust it manually. Also the Split item window at the hotel accomodation expenses is a bit small and doesn't let you review the receipt while you are entering the data.

It probably takes me half the time to do my expenses compared to before (Concur, Excel Sheets,...) Also I can do my expenses from any place in the world and during travel.

Nexonia Expenses review by Administrator in Market Research
Administrator in Market Research

"User-Friendly Expense Software"

What do you like best?

Nexonia Expenses is very easy to use both as a user and as an administrator. Our users love the easy options available to upload receipts (picture on the mobile app, email, etc.). As an administrator, I like how flexible the software is. It is very easy to add new rules, cutoffs, and fields to expense reports, and anything that isn't easy to figure out, is handled quickly and efficiently by Nexonia support.

What do you dislike?

One area Nexonia could be improved is the screen where categories are set up. The layout is a bit clunky and hard to read.

We have added a number of custom fields, so we are now able to gather and analyze a lot more data on how people are travelling.

Nexonia Expenses review by Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.

"Great Software! "

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly! It is simple to use but is able to provide complex solutions to issues. I love that I can easily modify items and easily sync those changes with our system at work.

What do you dislike?

It isn't a big issue because I realize it is meant to improve the software but sometimes updates occur during the work day and I am unable to use it during that time. Again, I know in the long run that this is just making improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It is very easy to use but is complex enough to fit business needs.

I work a lot with time entry and expense reports. I often how to edit the submissions from consultants and it has been very easy to do. We previously used another software and it was very difficult to use at times. Again, I love the ease of using the product. If there is an issue that we would like to address, Nexonia is very responsive and helps us to find a solution very quickly.

Nexonia Expenses review by Todd C.
Todd C.

"Fantacit Expense reporting tool for our entire staff. One that makes everyone happy!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for our ministry Staff. They love the mobile app is a big win as I rolled Nexonia out.

I love the integration with our accounting system. I'm also thrilled with the rejection process in that everyone in the approval chain gets notified as to why an expense was returned. This helps shape behavior and speeds up the process moving forward.

Couldn't be more satisfied

What do you dislike?

There's not one thing. The software is wonderful and the support is the best I've used

Recommendations to others considering the product

100% endorsed by me. I've looked at two other major players in this market and tested their expense reporting software. Neither one did for us what Nexonia can do. Nexonia workes around our business practices we didn't have to bend what we do to work with it.

Holding staff accountable to have proper documentation accompanying their expense report and proper sign-offs.

Nexonia Expenses review by Harsha V.
Harsha V.

"Excellent T&E module"

What do you like best?

Feature it provides to employees to easily key in expenses and attach receipts

What do you dislike?

Too many options are available to configure expenses, would be good if the options were lesser but good quality limited features

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nexonia is suited for a simple T&E process. Do not go for more customization

We implement expenses reimbursement tool to all our clients. Benefit of Nexonia is it is high customization

Nexonia Expenses review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Easy and Practical"

What do you like best?

Using Nexonia is easy and you can do it without much training. It help keep organization within a business and you can use it anywhere. I enjoy doing it every week because it is quick and makes sense what to do!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it requires every box to be checked or requires the same information more than once. Overall I can not think of anything that I really could say I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for companies of many sizes

Currently helps with budget throughout the year and keeps me from having to manually keep up with it all. It is also user friendly and each step by step piece ensures that nothing is missing. Nexonia also helps keep businesses and employees in multiple cities connected and on the same page.

Nexonia Expenses review by Marcus W.
Marcus W.

"It's so much better than the old ways of doing things..."

What do you like best?

I love being able to photograph receipts on the spot and then throw them away. No more paper! All my business expenses are on my personal American Express card. I simply download all the card activity since my last expense report into the Nexonia app. then go through and code the ones that are business related, match them to the stored receipt images (it usually finds them automatically) and then submit. Once it's approved, it automatically posts into our accounting system for GL posting and payment.

Why would anyone want to do it any other way? Carrying around a bunch of paper receipts? Taping them together and photocopying them? And then manually preparing an expense report? Forget it. and it makes life so much easier for accounting, since they almost never have to think about expense reports anymore!

What do you dislike?

Placement of some of the buttons is inconsistent from screen to screen, so you sometimes have to pause or scroll to find where to click on things like "submit" or "close". Navigation buttons aren't always frozen when you scroll, like on the credit card transaction screen, so when you scroll down you lose them and have to scroll to the top again to be able to select them. Some minor user interface improvements could be made that would have a big impact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't wait. Do it now! If you're not using an automated expense management tool like Nexonia, you're living in the dark ages.

Ease and timeliness of submitting expense reports. Moving to a paperless receipt environment. Having mobile and offline expense report submission capability. Automated credit card transaction download and reconciliation capability. Seamless integration with accounting system. Visibility of employee expenses and card transactions early in the process, even before reports are submitted.

Nexonia Expenses review by Shanin C.
Shanin C.

"Support for adding new cards"

What do you like best?

The support tech was very knowledgeable. They pulled up my profile as well as my company's immediately using my phone number and name but it was seamless. He was able to answer my question quickly yet thoroughly and offered additional support if needed.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I haven't called sooner. I always hate calling customer service numbers because they generally take a lot of time. I could have benefited from reaching out sooner as I'm new to Nexonia.

We use Nexonia to streamline or corporate card / expense reporting process. It is very helpful in managing those expenses and ensuring they are accurately reported in our general ledger.

Nexonia Expenses review by Andy T.
Andy T.

"Great expense and time tracking product"

What do you like best?

The web interface is easy to use, and the mobile apps are very full-featured. Easy to add receipt images on the go, and great to be able to submit timesheets and expenses from the airport on my way home!

What do you dislike?

The only flaw is that II wish I could attach PDF receipts in the mobile app.

I spend hours less per week submitting expense reports than with any other system I have used.

Nexonia Expenses review by Ted S.
Ted S.

"Fantastic Implementation Team"

What do you like best?

Our organization has a very unique set of expense reporting requirements and Nexonia's implementation team was great when it came to customizing their system to meet our needs. The team worked very hard to help us meet our tight implementation timeline, despite running into issues with our credit card provider and migrating from our sandbox environment to our production account.

I've also greatly appreciated their responsiveness to issues that have arisen during the implementation process. When we had initially engaged Nexonia, their sales representative had accidentally told us that Nexonia was capable of meeting one of our reporting requirements, which it was not actually in a position to do at that time. In order to rectify the situation, they have offered to build out that feature so that it will be available to us. That type of personal service has been greatly appreciated.

We just rolled out Nexonia on July 1st to the organization, so I can't comment on what your experience has been so far, but from my involvement in implementing Nexonia, the system seems to be very intuitive and user friendly - both from an administrative and expense submission perspective. A really huge step up from the excel template we're currently using for our expense reports!

What do you dislike?

Throughout the implementation process, we met/worked with at least 8 different people which sometimes made it confusing to understand who at Nexonia was doing what and who we should be communicating with during particular stages of the implementation process. They rectified this the closer we came to our go-live deadline though, and were always very quick to respond when we did reach out with questions/concerns.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to put careful thought into what you want your approval process to look like, what you want the user interface to look like for employees entering expenses, and how to configure Nexonia to get the exact information you're looking for when employees are entering their expenses.

Nexonia is very capable of being flexible to your individual requirements, so if you have a clear vision from the outset, you should be able to get pretty close to what you're looking for

We have approximately 70 people submitting expenses each month and the excel template that we were using for personal and corporate card expenses was no longer robust/simple enough to continue to use. It also caused a lot of duplicated effort as the employee looking to reimbursed would fill out the expense template and then a member of finance would have to enter the information into the accounting system. Nexonia is far more robust and user friendly than an excel template and because it integrates with our current ERP system, the duplicate work on the back end is removed.

Nexonia Expenses review by Alicia A.
Alicia A.

"My experience has been seamless, easy and professional. "

What do you like best?

Ease of integration with our current policies and accounting software. Ease of use for our end users. Competent and consistent support for all questions.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints. It really is easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We evaluated many other software services and ExpenseWatch was the only one to meet all of our needs for integration with accounting, travel agent, our policies, direct deposit, scanned receipts and mobile usage. Once engaged their support was outstanding, they patiently walked us through every step and we still have the same account representative today! This is so helpful to have the same engineer who set up our program to still be our account support and able to personally handle any new questions.

Our employees get reimbursed much faster now and directly to their paychecks via the integration with our accounting program and ADP. Our managers are much more aware of the expenses of their direct reports and have the power to budget based on aggregated data for departments. Eliminated entire file cabinets because now everything is electronic. Can complete our own audits for sales tax and departmental budgets.

Nexonia Expenses review by User in Internet

"Easy and user-friendly"

What do you like best?

Easy to link receipts to expense items, well set out. Great support team who responded very quickly to my query.

What do you dislike?

Didn't explain easily that you need to make a report before you can add expense items but I just took a gamble to create one and it worked.

It also told me to 'select a value for 'customer' field but this didn't exist on the expense item! I submitted a ticket to the support team who responded promptly and were very helpful. The issue resolved itself separately to the ticket so it was easily fixed.

An easy solution to submitting expenses and being reimbursed for work-related expenses.

Nexonia Expenses review by Carolyn R.
Carolyn R.

"Cloud Transition for Expense and AP with a dual currency (barter dollars) scenario"

What do you like best?

Nexonia is very easy to use and has an intuitive user interface. It is relatively easy to locate specific fields to configure behind the scenes and has a great breadth of features. The support team are great.

What do you dislike?

It is at the beginning of its integration roadmap with Xero so many of our process (with AP specifically) require manual work arounds while development continues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a great amount of flexibility in AP configuration making any type of approval process possible. Expenses are clear and easy to manage.

Greater historical data management, more accurate recording of expenses and reimbursements as a result of automatic uploads, more efficient data entry.

Nexonia Expenses review by Rick S.
Rick S.

"Super easy to use."

What do you like best?

It's seriously just so easy to use. Both on mobile and on pc. Easy to upload receipts, add tips, break up hotel bills, so on and so forth.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the desktop application does not sync immediately, but the mobile version always does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm just a user, I have no idea what their pricing or support is like. But user to user, it's great.

I'm solving the business problem of not submitting my expenses because it's a pain in the ass. The benefits are more time to do actual work and not worrying about the interest building up on my credit card because I haven't submitted expenses.

Nexonia Expenses review by Josh S.
Josh S.

"Amazing time saving software"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can record my expenses from the mobile app from anywhere.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if more features can be added to the mobile app.

Time savings! Makes recording the actual credit card statement when it comes in a breeze.

Nexonia Expenses review by Jennifer N.
Jennifer N.

"Time saving - our employees are completing their expenses reports in a timely fashion!"

What do you like best?

The mobile app has been the best feature for our employees. They are capturing their supporting documentation as it happens which produces fewer losses.

What do you dislike?

We had some trouble getting our credit card feed to reliably import all charges at first...it took a few attempts but I think we have a working expense system now.

We were getting to the breaking point in our admin staffing and were going to need to hire or find a more efficient way of getting the work...which is what Nexonia has helped us do. We are able to do more with the existing staff we have.

Nexonia Expenses review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"Great tool for expenses, especially when traveling"

What do you like best?

The mobile app is easy to use and lets you update throughout your trip. The information integrates right into the accounting system with no intervention (once the integration is set up). The time keeping system is very easy to use and allows for a lot of detail such as Project, sub project and memo fields and tasks.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the credit card use in your company the initial set up can be a bit challenging but once it is complete you do not need to do anything and it is very easy to use.

Expenses get submitted timely and automatically coded to the correct place in the general ledger. Very easy to run all kinds of reports to look at data.

Nexonia Expenses review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"This software is great especially for on the go individuals"

What do you like best?

I like that this is a cloud-based software that allows you to upload pictures of receipts from your mobile device and immediately uploads it into Intacct, the fiscal accounting software. It removes the burdensome paper requests for staff who are not physically located onsite at the main office where the fiscal team works from. This software is simple and very easy to use even for staff who are lacking technological skills!

What do you dislike?

At this time, there is not a feature that I dislike.

We are able to streamline the reimbursement and check request process. Nexonia has made the process simpler, there is no worrysome paper trail tracking anymore, and in turn, the communication between staff and fiscal department has improved and we see time efficiency in responding to requests.

Nexonia Expenses review by Kenneth O.
Kenneth O.

"Nexonia Expenses - Great Solution for Businesses"

What do you like best?

I am a CPA and have been using Nexonia for two years now, and I absolutely love this solution. We've implemented this solution at our firm and have 80 employees using the system. I've also helped several clients move over to Nexonia. Everybody is thrilled. Don't attempt to implement other systems - you'll be disappointed. Implementation and support is free and is top notch.

What do you dislike?

We really don't have any dislikes - as close to a perfect solution as possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prior to this, we looked at Expense Cloud and Concur. Both programs couldn't match the ease of use of Nexonia. Very customizable too - works perfectly with our class tracking needs and multiple entities.

Previous to this, we had our employees use an Excel template for submitting expenses. Extremely inefficient system. Nexonia integrates seamlessly with our accounting system, Intacct, but also works with QuickBooks and other programs. Once an expense report is approved in Nexonia, a payable is created in Intacct. No data entry required. How easy is that?

Nexonia Expenses review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Kind of Awesome, but not Next Level yet"

What do you like best?

I like how it gives the summary of all your activities when you want to print a report of your weekly hours. Veyr helpful in visually seeing how you spent your time.

What do you dislike?

Desktop is wonky and not responsive. Entering times could be easier, more responsive and intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. The more people that adopt it, and the more feedback Nexonia receives about how to improve the system, the faster the little issues will be improved.

Filling out my weekly hours. The benefit is showing where I'm spending the most time and showing the value I give back to the agency.

Nexonia Expenses review by Lee B.
Lee B.

"Strong product, exceptional customer service and integration team."

What do you like best?

Overall the integration, working with the Nexonia team has been one of the smoothest integrations I have done for Netsuite. Issues have been resolved quickly, and communication has been clear. The product itself is intuitive and works as expected, overall Nexonia provides an excellent platform for adding functionality to Netsuite.

What do you dislike?

The product does not currently support 2FA, but the development team has been very responsive and is working on the issue.

Off the self, the default time sheets, expense approvals and purchasing components of Netsuite created problems both with approval workflow, visibility and usability. Custom scripting and workflows within Netsuite were only able to solve some of the problems. Putting Nexonia in place has been seen as a strong improvement by the user base, and support tickets requesting assistance with related features has dropped.

Nexonia Expenses review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Time and Headache Saver"

What do you like best?

Nexonia Expense automates the approval process eliminating paper signatures and back and forth emails. It is also very customizable. We were able to add additional fields and approval flows as needed.

What do you dislike?

Because Nexonia is so customizable the administrative side and settings can be a bit cumbersome to navigate.

We use Nexonia Expense for monthly employee expense reports including business credit card expenses and personal reimbursable expenses. The employee interface is user-friendly. The phone app allows our employees to easily keep track of expenses while on the go.

Nexonia Expenses review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Comprehensive and Easy to Use!"

What do you like best?

Nexonia makes it easy to add, submit and track the status of my expenses both during and after business travel. I can access the dashboard quickly and the app is built to handle multiple currencies. Makes submitting painless.

What do you dislike?

Once an expense has been submitted I am unable to edit and re-submit. I have to delete the current report and start over.

Biggest benefit is being able to track expenses, and enter while on the go, then edit if needed before submitted,

"System Flaws"

What do you like best?

Customer Service Provided when calling in. They are always friendly and do there best to provide me what I need.

What do you dislike?

No ability to do custom reports without purchasing Custom reporting package. The stock reports are verify limiting. That to export charges you have to create and pay a statement. We manually key our statement in our accounting software, but need to export the charges for other reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Provide some level of customer reporting. Flexibility in exporting data without having to go through create statement and pay charges, this is very time consuming when you have alot of cards.

Tracking of expense by business unit

Nexonia Expenses review by Jorge G.
Jorge G.

"ExpenseWatch Review"

What do you like best?

The product is very easy to use and has a high adoption rate from an end user perspective.

What do you dislike?

The product only works while online. Although I was recently informed of a mobile app that will allow for the capture of receipts and creation of expense reports for submittal once online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is very easy to use, the adoption rate is very high, very little support related calls, tight integration with our internal systems for user creation, hierarchy based routing and terminations. The Expensewatch team was very engaged during the integration process. We recently implemented the solution internationally as well with multi-currency selection, etc. We also worked with the Expensewatch team on implementing single signon in the last year or so and have overall, approximately 1000 users.

We went from a paper based, internal mail and remote location based routing process to a fully integrated and automated process.

Nexonia Expenses review by Nina S.
Nina S.

"accesso loves Nexonia!"

What do you like best?

Being able to submit an expense report from your smart phone has changed the entire game for Travel Expense Reporting. The office manager to the Sales staff love the ease of use as well as the real time access to the system. An employee is able to build their expense report as they travel and incur expenses. No more wading through piles of receipts and complicated spreadsheets.

What do you dislike?

I do approvals and occasionally the system seems to get "confused." I often need to contact Customer Support to get functions executing properly.

We've reduced the waiting time for expense reimbursement to one week.

Nexonia Expenses review by Linda D.
Linda D.

"Ease of use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and user friendly. First time users have bene able to pick up the system easily

What do you dislike?

---------------------------------------------------

Tighter controls in submitting, apprivuing and paying expenses

Nexonia Expenses review by Camael C.
Camael C.

"Great way to report business expenses!"

What do you like best?

The fact that it is accessible via an app.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing at this time that I dislike about this software app.

I have been reimbursed in a timely manner thanks to Nexonia

Nexonia Expenses review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"Nexonia - Expenses"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, support when you can't figure it out, never have to guess - just ask and you get help.

. I must say the system works so well with QuickBooks Online - I am amazed everytime we sync reports - and in less than a minute we are in QuickBooks analyzing the data.

Customer service is on the spot helpful every time, even if you ask the same question - they are patient and very clear.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I do not like.

I would prefer that the expense account and the customer accounts are not conditional.

It would make Nexonia perfect - if we could put the account # and the Quickbooks customer # would be conditional to that number.

Also - If the classes could be a default for each account #.

That would make it easier for our staff.

That does not take away from the products strengths.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not hesitate to try it out. You will be pleased with what you see.

The Company listens and is always making it better.

Expenses are now in our accounting system during the month. We can close each month several days after the end of the month.

Nexonia Expenses review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Good, but needs improvement."

What do you like best?

I like that Nexonia is very flexible. You can set it up to work any way you like, and it is easy to make changes on your own.

What do you dislike?

Nexonia lacks on reporting capabilities. You can create reports, but it is not very intuitive and sometimes can be very difficult. I have had some reports created for my by their help desk, but otherwise it's not as good as I wish it was.

We have 4 dozen corporate cards and we needed a system that would help us track these expenses and then transfer them into our accounting platform. Nexonia has helped solve this business problem.

Nexonia Expenses review by Todd M B.
Todd M B.

"Nexonia Expenses is Easy-to-Use, Yet Powerful"

What do you like best?

Ease of use from both the employee and approver standpoint. Integration to our ERP system for GL coding purposes, which also avoids double data entry.

What do you dislike?

Images are stored in my Gallery on my phone vs. a file folder specifically for Nexonia. I shouldn't see my receipt copies in my photo Gallery.

The business problem we solved using Nexonia Exepenses is an easy-to-use expense entry system with approval workflow and integration to our ERP system for back-end coding. We have realized all of these benefits.

Nexonia Expenses review by Brian H.
Brian H.

"A handy mobile expense report program."

What do you like best?

Once setup by your admin, this app allows you to quickly choose the correct category to expense. Intuitive to use, you are able to generate precise reports to get reimbursed.

What do you dislike?

It is being developed, but the app currently does not have an import for .pdf or attachments from emails. You have to screenshot whatever is in the email, and link it via the photo album.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure your admin is able to navigate the program thoroughly so they can create specialized categories if necessary.

The ability to easily submit expenses to my company in a standardized way for accounting. It is less costly than outer last app as well.

Nexonia Expenses review by Bryon J. M.
Bryon J. M.

"Bryon's Review "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and convenient - all I need to do is log into my laptop or pick up my phone - adding charges and pictures are really easy

What do you dislike?

2 early 2 tell, let's see going forward

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it - just try it - what have you got to lose

It's easy to use and everything is right at your fingertips - just pick up my cell phone and I have easy access

Nexonia Expenses review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"independent expense done easy"

What do you like best?

We like how the setup and layout looked. We also liked how we could do both timekeeping and expense reporting. Even for an individual it's easy to use and very helpful. I also liked how only managers could do certain things and employees wouldn't have a free for all on the whole system.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like how we can't add this to our payment time cards. This would be very helpful to our expense and other data analytics. It is also a bit pricey for what we are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try using it for individual use first.

We are trying to explore new platforms to use for our timekeeping and expenses.

Nexonia Expenses review by Nicholas R.
Nicholas R.

"Great product, better service"

What do you like best?

I love the integration to intacct! The platform is clean and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were an easier way to simply store screen shots of receipts from the smart phone app. It would be nice if there were a permanent folder to capture receipts that can be added to other reports at a later date.

Nexonia has enabled us to streamline the credit card reconciliation process by providing a platform that is simple to use and fully integrated into Intacct.

Nexonia Expenses review by Harrison P.
Harrison P.

"Expense report submission & approval - staff is pleased with ease of use and functionality"

What do you like best?

-The integration with Intacct Time & Expense module eliminates manual effort and input errors involved with paper forms and receipts

-Expense policy violations such receipt missing or exceeded expense limit on meals are flagged at time of input

-The receipt image is attached to the transaction recorded in Intacct - no lost receipts

-The mobile app! Take a picture of the receipt and upload to your account to link to the expense item submitted. The image can be identified with a label (amount) to permit a system match of receipt to the expense item entered. Staff are not required to use PC/Mac for expense report input.

-The ability to track mileage with the GPS functionality eliminates the manual tracking (odometer reading/guessing).

-Staff are not required to memorize numerical codes (account/department) for entering the information required to record the transaction to the GL

-Approval routing path logic is programmed to ensure the proper approvals are obtained. No need for accounting to match signatures and visually check to verify the proper approvals are provided.

-Automated company credit card feed populates the users' queue with their purchases for coding

-Ability for accounting to track the reports in "draft", "submitted", and "approved" mode.

-Customer service responses are prompt.

-Ability to set reminders to users and managers of those expense reports and credit card transactions which have exceeded a limit on the number of days for approval/inclusion on an expense report.

-The ability to automatically update Nexonia with Intacct field values. Add an account or department in Intacct, the sync feature in Nexonia brings those values for use in Nexonia

What do you dislike?

A minor point - when an expense item to multiple departments, only one department (the submitter's manager due to logic rules) approves. The splitting of expenses to multiple departments does not occur often but the approver is confused when the item is routed to one department rather than the departments charged.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We looked at 2 other products known for expense report management. The first product tested required did not offer an automated approach for updating our financial system with the expense activity. The approach offered is to manually select the downloaded file for upload to Intacct. The second product tested had the look and feel of Nexonia relating to the integration of Intacct data for GL accounts and departments. However, the mobile app was lacking and did not offer a GPS feature for tracking mileage. The user had to enter the starting and ending points to create the mileage request.

The product is the first step for automating our workflow for expense approval. The next workflow to implement is vendor invoice approval. As the foundation for employee expense reporting regarding approval routing logic will be the same, implementation should be effortless.

Nexonia delivered the functionality and ease of use promised in the demos. The product was implemented within 6 weeks of contract signing.

-The avalanche of paper for documenting purchases/expenses has been stopped This means no lost receipts, illegible handwriting, "celebrity style" autograph (the scribble or flourish), storage of the expense reports in the AP files nor reprinting blank expense forms. As the receipt image is attached to the Intacct transaction posted, the support for the purchase is available for users of the Intacct system and AUDITORS.

-The reconciliation of credit card activity to the ledger is simplified.

-The month end accruals for employee expenses (company paid credit card and reimbursable) is easy to obtained

-Managers are aware of the purchases made by their staff. The manager is made aware of the credit card purchases and expense reports in progress through use of their dashboard.

Nexonia Expenses review by Anne D.
Anne D.

"We have hired a new employee - Nexonia!"

What do you like best?

Mobile app is easy for anyone to use, and the credit card feed is a lifesaver!

What do you dislike?

Some of the admin menus on the backend are difficult to follow. For instance, the area where the credit cards & their activity is stored is not located in a logical place for me. I spend a lot of time trying to remember & searching where they are kept.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a large volume of vendor credit card transactions, this software is for definitely the right fit for you to manage their postings & give some of the duties of receipt management, etc. to the employees in live time, as the transactions occur. Nexonia also offers a Payroll solution - this works out great if you're a growing company looking for expense & payroll solutions in the future. Other expense solutions do not offer a payroll module.

Posting speeds are improved greatly & therefore our books can be closed sooner, the app is able to keep up with our traveling employees, admin can monitor the status of expense reports & unposted items at anytime.

Nexonia Expenses review by Debra C.
Debra C.

"All things considered"

What do you like best?

We are still in learning mode, but seems good

What do you dislike?

We are still in learning mode, but don't like doing all the reviews, I'm too busy

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't think setup is going to be quick and easy

Trying to simplify the way our American Express expenses are reported and posted. Since we are still in the learning phase, I haven't seen any benefits yet.

Nexonia Expenses review by Cristian L.
Cristian L.

"Very good experience."

What do you like best?

Easy, fast and handy to use. I love the Mobile app, very useful.

What do you dislike?

Not many options to customise. I'd like the possibility to create personal Expense Item template.

Easy and fast way to record my job expenses. I don't waste time into this boring activity.

Nexonia Expenses review by User in Computer Software

"Lacks Everything the Others Have"

What do you like best?

Not much. It's an OK platform and it has a mobile app; but it's at least 5 yrs behind Concur and Expensify.

What do you dislike?

Credit card integration doesn't work. No integration w Uber, Lyft, Gett, Starbucks, etc. Emailed receipts have to have a report number associated. It's just clunky and not remotely traveler-friendly. Clearly, a finance driven decision.

I have experienced no benefits. It takes me 5x as long to create and submit a report w Nexonia than it did w Concur or expensify

Nexonia Expenses review by Pauline L.
Pauline L.

"Nexonia "

What do you like best?

Its very easy to use, quite intuitive. I get reimbursed quickly from my company too

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints with this app

I work out of 2 clinics so I was able to document mileage and other expenses very easily

Nexonia Expenses review by Carrie J.
Carrie J.

"Great Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

I love that when I submit a help ticket, I receive an personal email right away. I believe that Nexonia always has our company's best interests at heart and truly cares than Nexonia is running as efficiently as possible and as customized to our company's needs as possible.

What do you dislike?

I wish that attaching receipts happened a little bit more quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely switch! Especially if you will be integrating with Netsuite.

We are solving our company satisfaction for time and expense entry. The convenience and integration with Netsuite is very important to us and Nexonia has been awesome. We are able to solve any issues that come up easily. Most issues that arise are intuitive to solve independently which saves a lot of time.

Nexonia Expenses review by Isabel L.
Isabel L.

"Nexonia: Mixed Experience"

What do you like best?

The boss loves using it. Vishnu provides good support.

What do you dislike?

Our G/L system is not one that is accommodated by expense reporting apps, so we needed custom work from Nexonia. We need one extract for credit card charges and another for out-of-pocket expenses. (We have our employees file separate reports for these two types of expense.) It was a minor struggle to get Nexonia to produce the extract for credit card charges, but it is taking months to get the extract for o-o-p charges. As a former programmer who automated the wrangling of data into client-specified formats for decades, I cannot fathom what the issue is.

Also, we wish we could get a living being when we phone customer service.

IF WE DID NOT NEED CUSTOM WORK, NEXONIA WOULD BE FINE.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay away if you need custom extracts. Otherwise, it's fine.

We have managed to eliminate having the bookkeeper manually enter credit card transactions into the G/L, and we hope to reach this point with out-of-pocket expenses.

Nexonia Expenses review by Brent T.
Brent T.

"Great solution for expense reporting"

What do you like best?

Nexonia does what software is supposed to -- make life easier with seamless transitions between all the moving parts. It used to be that getting expense reports from our employees was very difficult, if it ever happened at all. Now we simply ask them to take pictures of their receipts as they go along, each time they spend money on something. Because they all have smart phones, it's very simple. Then they just email the picture of the receipt to an email address that automatically attributes that receipt with a new expense line item on the current expense report open in their account.

What do you dislike?

When other software programs push updates, sometimes we have to wait a day or so for nexonia to react. It would be good if they were more proactive about developer previews and had the updates ready to go at the same time the third party pushed their update. The staff an Nexnoia has always been good to get in touch with us quickly and make sure all our questions and concerns are resolved. They are good to work with. We will see it that stays true as they grow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your homework and look at all your options. Ask lots of questions about transactions syncing into Nexonia.

Our staff all have the app on their phone. When they have an expense, they can simply take a picture of the receipt right then and throw it away. It makes expense reporting at the end of the month simple.

Nexonia Expenses review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Nexonia Expense Review"

What do you like best?

Provides a platform and central location for compiling expenses from multiple sources - online purchasing, direct purchases, etc. - for both myself and for employees whose expenses I approve and oversee.

What do you dislike?

It can at times be challenging to link receipts to purchases, particularly when managing online purchases that are on one receipt but divided into more than one charge (e.g., an Amazon order).

Ability to oversee all purchasing on corporate cards in one place.

Nexonia Expenses review by Debra C.
Debra C.

"We love Nexonia"

What do you like best?

The software is very user friendly and the customer support staff are very helpful and friendly

What do you dislike?

You can't always talk to the same person every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will love everything about it

Our American Express bill is much easier to post now. It is saving me many hours by not having to post entries manually

Nexonia Expenses review by David R.
David R.

"Nexonia"

What do you like best?

I like using the Nexonia app to capture and submit expenses. It's very quick and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is that I can't download receipts and invoices from my email directly into the Nexonia system via my smart phone.

Saving time and expense although I am not fully qualified to answer this question.

Nexonia Expenses review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Good and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is an easy to use program that allows me to keep up to date with my expenses.

What do you dislike?

uploading receipts is a bit of a chore however, there are other ways of uploading but emailing receipts is kind of a pain in the but.

Recommendations to others considering the product

analytics on spending.

it would be nice to see demographics about spending and analytics at my account leve.

Nexonia Expenses review by Pam O.
Pam O.

"Outstanding product and service-I highly recommend Nexonia for time reporting and expense reports"

What do you like best?

The expense and timesheet modules are intuitive and easy to use. The applications work on mobile devices as well as on the PC in the office.

What do you dislike?

some of the set up options are not as intuitive as the rest of the product is

Recommendations to others considering the product

pick Nexonia expenses - you will not regret it

ability for professional staff to easily submit time and create expense reports from wherever they are

Nexonia Expenses review by User in Computer Software

"Simple and Fast Expense Statements"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to enter in my expenses and provide all the back up needed in one place.

What do you dislike?

I used to scan and email my receipts. Linking those items can be a bit of a pain. I don't do that any longer though. I use the app which is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So simple and streamlines the expense process.

Simplifying the entry, communication and the approval of expenses.

Nexonia Expenses review by Breanna W.
Breanna W.

"Expenses"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to book travel for our employees.

What do you dislike?

In the drop down menu for certain things there are a lot of choices. This causes some frustration with employees when they are trying to book travel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend making it easier to search in the drop down menus.

Nexonia is great, our employees can travel while also having an easy way to get reimbursed for their trip.

Nexonia Expenses review by Ionescu V.
Ionescu V.

"Excellent product, fast and skilled support team, CEO involved ..."

What do you like best?

The ability to customize and Nexonia team's ability to customize product to serve each company needs.

What do you dislike?

I would say the reporting system it is kind of rigid and needs improvements .

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have Nexonia since 2011 and we have 10800 expense reports processed since.Implementing was not easy because ACCPAC have a lot of internal setting also customized so Nexonia has to adapt to their customization.

For those who love experiments there is a variety of customization which can be done by Administrators or / and Nexonia support Team which is absolute amazing . And you will not be surprise if his CEO Neil is embarking himself into implementation .Back t in 2011 we test similar products and behind bells and whistlers we found product very rigid and closed or very loosed .Nexonia team is working non stop to integrate adds- on which can make life easy for company who deals with Travel Agents too .

I will sincerely recommend Nexonia .

Ability to create and approve and upload expense report from to and from a Web Portal

Nexonia Expenses review by Afton H.
Afton H.

"Nexonia is great for managing company expenses."

What do you like best?

I like that there are always updates and new features and that the functionality is relevant. The integration with QuickBooks Online is incredibly easy and the customer support is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

There's not a search function so finding items within a report takes a little longer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nexonia is an all around great product. When you are considering using it, think about how much paper filing you can eliminate by keeping electronic receipt records. Also consider how much faster you'll be able to close out your months, monitor credit card expenses and budgets, and evaluate your projects.

We are able to quickly reconcile our credit card accounts at the end of the month because we are continuously getting the most recent charges. Before, we did it all by paper on a monthly basis, pushing the receipt of credit card transactions almost to the end of the following month. We are better able to project cash flow and evaluate the profitability of our projects by using Nexonia.

Nexonia Expenses review by Bernette S.
Bernette S.

"Courteous, knowledgeable and always to the point. "

What do you like best?

They really know the program and are able to help resolve my issues quickly.

What do you dislike?

There's a 2 hour time difference for me, but it's totally workable.

Nexonia Expenses allows us to streamline our approval process for approving vendor invoices. It's a way for us to track expenses & to know where approvals are at during different stages for our company.

Nexonia Expenses review by Doug L.
Doug L.