Nexternal eCommerce Platform

Nexternal eCommerce Platform

Provides hosted shopping cart software and ecommerce solutions.

Work for Nexternal eCommerce Platform?

Learning about Nexternal?

Nexternal eCommerce Platform Reviews

Ask Nexternal a Question
Showing 18 Nexternal reviews
Nexternal review by <span>Donna D.</span>
Donna D.

"Loyalty for Excellence"

What do you like best?

I like Nexternal because they continue to grow in knowledge and new ideas.

I also love the customer service. Chris Gilmore always calls me right back.

I have grown because I selected a platform that helped me grow.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could put my corporate orders through Nexternal, but is clunky do so, so we have to use another platform. It should be easier to update the nexternal site with a new look, I would like to have an all in one site vs. having to create a wordpress and then link to nexternal. It shows that I bounce people, which takes SEO down. I wish we could do more with shipping, for example turn on shipping for thursday for only zone 1 and 2 or only show USPS for residential addresses in zone 1 and 2.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep providing ideas.

I solved the business problem with new loyalty program. I also like the new shipping 3rd party, unfortunately I can only put one 3rd party in.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Nexternal eCommerce Platform
Nexternal review by <span>Taylor S.</span>
Taylor S.

"Nexternal Inegration Turned Hours of Spreadsheets Into a few Minutes of Streamlined Work"

What do you like best?

The order processing function along with the ability to track customers orders and ship them with ease, has been life changing. In addition, the ability to link all of our new customers into other software programs has helped to keep us in touch on a more regular basis.

What do you dislike?

Because of the excellent customer service that was provided to us along with the technical support, there has not been any part of the program that we have not found useful. It is a complex system, but with enough help and support, it does not seem too challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nexternal has a wonderful Ecommerce platform that was seamlessly integrated with our website. It has enhanced our experience as a business making sales and marketing much easier and more advanced. We believe that our customers greatly appreciate the ease of shopping and keeping their own personal accounts secure for repeat purchases.

We have been able to grow our wine club as well as our online sales. We have been able to fulfill order faster and more efficiently and eventually will be able to use the system to for targeted marking efforts. They system offers more than we currently need but will allow us to grow. We will eventually utilize many more features of the Nexternal Ecommerce Platform.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

Nexternal review by <span>Cassie C.</span>
Cassie C.

"Big success story!"

What do you like best?

We've had a shocking increase in sales since starting Nexternal! The customer experience while shopping is much easier and more intuitive than our previous platform and it has reduced our shopping cart abandonment rate tenfold. Nexternal offers support for complex pricing models which our business requires including multiple wine club tiers, mix-and-match volume discounts, etc. giving us lots of control!

What do you dislike?

The amount of customization and functionality on the back end is great but can be daunting. Fortunately, Nexternal's customer support is hugely helpful. I do wish the systems UI had a more modern (even material) design so it was easier to navigate.. as it is it's a bit hard on the eyes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Nexternal to anyone looking for a eCommerce solution.

Our goal with Nexternal was to replace our previous eCom platform that was not performing well. We wanted to reduce shopping cart abandonment and increase automation across order management processes. Our customer engagement has increased, shopping cart abandonment rates have decreased and we have been able to integrate our point-of-sale, compliance software and Amazon which has streamlined processes.

Nexternal review by <span>Clint V.</span>
Clint V.

"Great upgrade to our website "

What do you like best?

The ability to allow a customer to send multiple gift packages to multiple addresses all with different notes and check out just one time has really saved our customers time and simplified the checkout process. We also really like the onscreen shopping cart so customers don't have to click back and fourth when shopping.

What do you dislike?

To view customers abandoned shopping carts is a bit of a process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lots of options with this shopping cart and it can seem a bit overwhelming when you first look at that. If you can just focus on the options you need it is very easy to work with. All the options that this cart has will allow you to do just about anything you can think of.

The mobile shopping cart looks great and is very easy for customers to navigate through, this is very important with how many people are viewing our website on their phones now.

Nexternal review by <span>Bruce M.</span>
Bruce M.

"A+ pricing and shipping tools"

What do you like best?

We sell business to business. It's a requirement that we are able to handle pricing on "per product, per customer" basis. I like that we can do far more than just give a sight-wide discount to a customers. We are able to customize the pricing according to our customers buying habits.

We also offer small products that can ship via UPS/Fedex all the way through pallet sized products requiring custom freight options. The unlimited "shipping tables" allow us to create shipping options to cover the whole spectrum, but only show the relevant options in the cart.

Third, we have been a customer for 3-4 years and I can call the same person that help us navigate getting set up. I cannot emphasize the value in being able to speak to a human being when I am planning modifications or have questions that go beyond the basics.

These features are what secured our relationship with Nexternal.

What do you dislike?

Improvements could be made with the user interface on the Order Management/Configuration side of the software. While the extensive customization is great, navigating through the options can be tough and inefficient. Integrations are limited and costly. Salesforce should be a "no brainer" integration, as well as Quickbooks (desktop) but these are very costly for a small business like mine to purchase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering a web shop, do not let the fact that Nexternal was originally focused on wineries and craft brewers as their target market. The feature set they have implemented is vast and makes the tool applicable to any business. You must at least get a demonstration and have a discussion with your representative.

We needed an engaging webshop, that addresses the unique buying habits of our customers and the diverse shipping requirements. Before Nexternal we were never able to complete a purchase for a customer until we calculated and charged shipping via a separate invoice, or charge on the card. Now we can capture the sale completely at the point when the purchase is made.

Nexternal review by <span>Peter L.</span>
Peter L.

"solutions abound"

What do you like best?

The customer service has been outstanding since day 0. The feature set is huge and we utilize some of the more "fringe" offerings, like multiple skins for our store and the XML tools for integrating with a third party wine club application. With everything we have thrown at it, the system has always been able to accommodate our needs, and customer service has been there to help us do it.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve to the order management system, and it's not always obvious how to implement something. But the customer service makes up for this every time by listening to the problem and helping us find a solution.

We have had goals to grow our DTC sales and improve our customer experience since implementing our Nexternal store. We have had wins in both departments as we more than doubled our ecommerce sales in the first year and continue to get positive feedback from our customers regarding their shopping and account management experience.

Learn more about Nexternal eCommerce Platform

Nexternal eCommerce Platform Videos

Nexternal eCommerce Platform Downloads

Learning about Nexternal eCommerce Platform?

* We monitor all Nexternal eCommerce Platform reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.