Nexternal eCommerce Platform

Provides hosted shopping cart software and ecommerce solutions.

Work for Nexternal eCommerce Platform?

Learning about Nexternal?

Nexternal eCommerce Platform Reviews

Ask Nexternal a Question
Showing 18 Nexternal reviews
Nexternal review by Donna D.
Donna D.

"Loyalty for Excellence"

What do you like best?

I like Nexternal because they continue to grow in knowledge and new ideas.

I also love the customer service. Chris Gilmore always calls me right back.

I have grown because I selected a platform that helped me grow.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could put my corporate orders through Nexternal, but is clunky do so, so we have to use another platform. It should be easier to update the nexternal site with a new look, I would like to have an all in one site vs. having to create a wordpress and then link to nexternal. It shows that I bounce people, which takes SEO down. I wish we could do more with shipping, for example turn on shipping for thursday for only zone 1 and 2 or only show USPS for residential addresses in zone 1 and 2.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep providing ideas.

I solved the business problem with new loyalty program. I also like the new shipping 3rd party, unfortunately I can only put one 3rd party in.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Nexternal eCommerce Platform
Nexternal review by Taylor S.
Taylor S.

"Nexternal Inegration Turned Hours of Spreadsheets Into a few Minutes of Streamlined Work"

What do you like best?

The order processing function along with the ability to track customers orders and ship them with ease, has been life changing. In addition, the ability to link all of our new customers into other software programs has helped to keep us in touch on a more regular basis.

What do you dislike?

Because of the excellent customer service that was provided to us along with the technical support, there has not been any part of the program that we have not found useful. It is a complex system, but with enough help and support, it does not seem too challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nexternal has a wonderful Ecommerce platform that was seamlessly integrated with our website. It has enhanced our experience as a business making sales and marketing much easier and more advanced. We believe that our customers greatly appreciate the ease of shopping and keeping their own personal accounts secure for repeat purchases.

We have been able to grow our wine club as well as our online sales. We have been able to fulfill order faster and more efficiently and eventually will be able to use the system to for targeted marking efforts. They system offers more than we currently need but will allow us to grow. We will eventually utilize many more features of the Nexternal Ecommerce Platform.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

Nexternal review by Cassie C.
Cassie C.

"Big success story!"

What do you like best?

We've had a shocking increase in sales since starting Nexternal! The customer experience while shopping is much easier and more intuitive than our previous platform and it has reduced our shopping cart abandonment rate tenfold. Nexternal offers support for complex pricing models which our business requires including multiple wine club tiers, mix-and-match volume discounts, etc. giving us lots of control!

What do you dislike?

The amount of customization and functionality on the back end is great but can be daunting. Fortunately, Nexternal's customer support is hugely helpful. I do wish the systems UI had a more modern (even material) design so it was easier to navigate.. as it is it's a bit hard on the eyes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Nexternal to anyone looking for a eCommerce solution.

Our goal with Nexternal was to replace our previous eCom platform that was not performing well. We wanted to reduce shopping cart abandonment and increase automation across order management processes. Our customer engagement has increased, shopping cart abandonment rates have decreased and we have been able to integrate our point-of-sale, compliance software and Amazon which has streamlined processes.

Nexternal review by Clint V.
Clint V.

"Great upgrade to our website "

What do you like best?

The ability to allow a customer to send multiple gift packages to multiple addresses all with different notes and check out just one time has really saved our customers time and simplified the checkout process. We also really like the onscreen shopping cart so customers don't have to click back and fourth when shopping.

What do you dislike?

To view customers abandoned shopping carts is a bit of a process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lots of options with this shopping cart and it can seem a bit overwhelming when you first look at that. If you can just focus on the options you need it is very easy to work with. All the options that this cart has will allow you to do just about anything you can think of.

The mobile shopping cart looks great and is very easy for customers to navigate through, this is very important with how many people are viewing our website on their phones now.

Nexternal review by Bruce M.
Bruce M.

"A+ pricing and shipping tools"

What do you like best?

We sell business to business. It's a requirement that we are able to handle pricing on "per product, per customer" basis. I like that we can do far more than just give a sight-wide discount to a customers. We are able to customize the pricing according to our customers buying habits.

We also offer small products that can ship via UPS/Fedex all the way through pallet sized products requiring custom freight options. The unlimited "shipping tables" allow us to create shipping options to cover the whole spectrum, but only show the relevant options in the cart.

Third, we have been a customer for 3-4 years and I can call the same person that help us navigate getting set up. I cannot emphasize the value in being able to speak to a human being when I am planning modifications or have questions that go beyond the basics.

These features are what secured our relationship with Nexternal.

What do you dislike?

Improvements could be made with the user interface on the Order Management/Configuration side of the software. While the extensive customization is great, navigating through the options can be tough and inefficient. Integrations are limited and costly. Salesforce should be a "no brainer" integration, as well as Quickbooks (desktop) but these are very costly for a small business like mine to purchase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering a web shop, do not let the fact that Nexternal was originally focused on wineries and craft brewers as their target market. The feature set they have implemented is vast and makes the tool applicable to any business. You must at least get a demonstration and have a discussion with your representative.

We needed an engaging webshop, that addresses the unique buying habits of our customers and the diverse shipping requirements. Before Nexternal we were never able to complete a purchase for a customer until we calculated and charged shipping via a separate invoice, or charge on the card. Now we can capture the sale completely at the point when the purchase is made.

Nexternal review by Peter L.
Peter L.

"solutions abound"

What do you like best?

The customer service has been outstanding since day 0. The feature set is huge and we utilize some of the more "fringe" offerings, like multiple skins for our store and the XML tools for integrating with a third party wine club application. With everything we have thrown at it, the system has always been able to accommodate our needs, and customer service has been there to help us do it.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve to the order management system, and it's not always obvious how to implement something. But the customer service makes up for this every time by listening to the problem and helping us find a solution.

We have had goals to grow our DTC sales and improve our customer experience since implementing our Nexternal store. We have had wins in both departments as we more than doubled our ecommerce sales in the first year and continue to get positive feedback from our customers regarding their shopping and account management experience.

Nexternal review by Samuel J.
Samuel J.

"Intuitive powerful platform with stellar support"

What do you like best?

All of the different options for any e-commerce need B2B and B2C. And the promotion capabilities always provide what we need. Setting up Amazon selling and product feed were easy and intuitive, plus they put on a free webinar walking through the setup. We are also running shopping ads and were able to easily create an FTP product feed that updates ads based on inventory, pricing, and new products. Finally, the customer support is some of the most helpful we have worked with.

What do you dislike?

It is a very big platform with a lot of different turning cogs to understand. But luckily their support team is incredibly helpful when things are more complicated. The affiliate program is pretty basic and could use more functionality and features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely take advantage of Amazon integration if applicable, Nexternal is a great system for seller through Amazon.

The ability to setup both a retail store and a wholesale store in the same platform without needing numerous different plugins and extensions. And when we wanted to start selling through Amazon it was a quick and easy setup in Nexternal.

Nexternal review by Anna M C.
Anna M C.

"Excellent Platform That Is Continually Improving"

What do you like best?

Over the years we've worked with Nexternal for our winery they've added features and responded to our needs. When I ask "Can you guys do this?" they typically respond "Yes! We just added that. Here's exactly how it works, we'll walk you through it." In our fast moving online marketplace, it is essential to work with a company doesn't just sell their product, but continues to improve it and has the developers to make it function. Our online shop just gets better and better.

What do you dislike?

We make changes to our website often, so I do wish that changes to our menu automatically changed on our Nexternal skin of our website. However, when they do change over a skin it's affordable and prompt. And I've learned not to read the info boxes when changing settings - I find the language too dense and confusing most of the time. If I have a question, I've always had much better luck finding the answers by searching the help desk. If that didn't work, emailing my account manager has always gotten me the answers I needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nexternal has been a pleasure to work with. Their customer service has continued to be excellent - use it!

Nexternal is the only ecommerce program we've worked with. Now that we sell online, we've been able to free up our phone lines to talk to the customers who need us, while our customers who are comfortable ordering online can do so. It's also allowing us to spend more time with customers face to face in our tasting room without being interrupted by additional phone calls. We've also found that 60% of our online sales are new customers so it's an expanding market. Having an online shop has also inspired us to do more online marketing, since we can now send links to our products online. Our sales have gone up and while it's certainly a combination of factors that created that increase, Nexternal has certainly been helpful.

Nexternal review by Malia B.
Malia B.

"Customer for 7 years "

What do you like best?

The customer service is great and the account managers are very helpful. We first became Nexternal's customer because of the Auto-ship features for our coffee club. The front-end is very user friendly creating great online sales. We love the ease of the back end system making the training process a breeze. We love all the new features they have added over the years and look forward to expanding our business on amazon with their help.

What do you dislike?

We are pretty happy with the product and service but wish it was more affordable.

We are able to have a all-in-one database for customers, products, and orders. We have past records available at the click of a button making it easy for us to provide information to our customers. It is also very reassuring to have a account representative to call and have a personal response.

Nexternal review by Candace D. W.
Candace D. W.

"If a Sommelier can use it... "

What do you like best?

Between an extensive Help Desk, user-friendly (but very in-depth) layout functions, and an excellent and always responsive representative (I'm lookin' at you, Pamela ;) )Nexternal has allowed/aided my company's online store to grow exponentially in the span of the last 5 months.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I've come across has been a very minor one, and it prevented me from doing two get one for a penny promo. Can't put the 'penny' product on the 'paid for' product for some reason. But if that's the only thing I haven't been able to accomplish, I consider it an overall win.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really excellent for merchants that offer a large selection of products. It's very organized and offers ways to organize your inventory.

Our website was outdated, had little content, and was bringing in very little revenue. With the help of our rep, Pamela, and the extensive list of prevously asked questions stored in the Help Desk, we've been able to transform the entire store. I've explored other eCommerce options, and Nexternal is the BEST for your money.

Nexternal review by Sara G.
Sara G.

"Nexternal is a Life Saver!"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Nexternal is the customer service, which is exceptional!! However, the customer service wouldn't be worth anything if the product wasn't exceptional as well.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike and if there is anything I need changed or upgraded, the development team is excellent at implementing a change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Nexternal to anyone looking for a eCommerce solution.

Before using Nexternal, I was running my wine club manually and it took me an entire week! After we implemented the solution I could run wine club in a few hours. It has been a total life saver and the solution keeps on getting better. We also run our POS system with Nexternal which integrates seamlessly with our Order Management System and helps up keep in touch with our customers. I could not be happier and I would recommend the Nexternal solution to just about anyone!!!

Nexternal review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"The Most Features for the Price"

What do you like best?

Personalized service is a huge benefit but the breadth of features (and tons of customizable settings) are the real value. So far there isn't anything I've wanted to do that couldn't be done, and the dedicated customer rep quickly showed me how to do it. It's not a perfect platform (what is? ... and I tried most of them before landing on Nexternal) but after 7 years I'm completely satisfied.

What do you dislike?

I'm still not thrilled by the ASP url/paths but it hasn't affected my SEO so I'm not stressing about it.

I no longer have to manage my own server, code and SSL. The interface is fast and easy to navigate (they even integrate Amazon Seller accounts) which lowers my fulfillment costs (and that alone justifies the monthly fee). I can structure any type of product, discount, fulfillment and limit the geographical reach.

Nexternal review by Erin S.
Erin S.

"Almost 7 years of great service..."

What do you like best?

Nexternal provides us with unmatched customer service. We couldn't be happier with our thorough and very helpful support team. They also seem to be constantly improving and updating the software, adding new and more powerful features regularly.

What do you dislike?

Their coupon and gift certificate features aren't ideal for how our business works. We also wish we could have greater customization of our customer receipts.

Nexternal helps us increase our sales by providing a clean, well managed and sharp eCommerce platform. We have been happy customers of theirs for 7 years now!

Nexternal review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Director of business development "

What do you like best?

The Nexternal commerce system is very stable. Since we launched, it has never gone down. Our integration with accounting is seamless and our dedicated customer service rep (pamela topper) is amazing. I have never waited for support and she always has an answer. She draws from her many years of account management to give my company great recommendations. I consider her a friend.... ha!

What do you dislike?

The reports could be a bit more comprehensive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spent time doing the set up

eCommerce/inventory control

Nexternal review by Jimmy P.
Jimmy P.

"Love Nexternal"

What do you like best?

I love the streamlined effect for orders.

What do you dislike?

The interface could use some updating in a few different section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the trail, you can see first hand that's it's beyond effective.

Turnaround times on some of our design projects.

Nexternal review by Ksenia B.
Ksenia B.

"Very responsive account managers "

What do you like best?

We had several account managers but all of them are super professional and knowledgeable!

What do you dislike?

The coupon management system is limited to certain options. We need more!

Outsourcing in e-commerce is great. No headaches... but you, guys, have system crashes too :(

Nexternal review by User

"Great for online customers - back-end reports are a little clunky"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy for end customers to place orders online and the maintenance of products is simple.

What do you dislike?

The way that nexternal exports data is not all on one sheet, (customer informaiton, order level, and item detail are on separate sheets) this requires a bunch of data manipulation each week for reporting purposes. The information is all there, but it takes extra time manipulating it. There are some canned reports but they are limited in features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

understand that it's connection to quickbooks is clunkly, and exporter reports are limited. As for customer-facing, it's a great tool

Customers can go online and place orders directly with their credit cards.

Nexternal review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Solid Management System for Club"

What do you like best?

The granularity of the back end and ease of use of the program.

What do you dislike?

Some things are not as intuitive as they could be, but this doesn't limit any aspects of functionality.

We solve the problem of providing for remote sales on a 24/7 basis. We have seen sizeable sales across a wide variety of products.

Learning about Nexternal eCommerce Platform?

* We monitor all Nexternal eCommerce Platform reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.