NextGen® Healthcare

3.3

NextGen offers an integrated suite of electronic health record, practice management, revenue cycle management, clinical content, population health, analytics, HIE/interoperability, and EDI solutions delivered on enterprise, cloud, and mobile platforms.

Work for NextGen® Healthcare?

Learning about NextGen® Healthcare?

NextGen® Healthcare Reviews

Ask NextGen® Healthcare a Question
Showing 78 NextGen® Healthcare reviews
NextGen® Healthcare review by MICHAEL M.
MICHAEL M.

"NextGen Healthcare offers great EHR service."

What do you like best?

Very reliable its always online, offers various services from EHR, billing services as well as health data management, connects with a wide range or service providers internationally, its a great platform to exchange health information between service providers, makes it easy to practice treatment from anywhere anytime its good for emergency, makes it easy to offer the right medication and diagnosis using past patient medical data, cloud storage makes it more secure to store client information at the same time easily accessible from any location using the web platform, patients can book appointments without travelling to the facility.

What do you dislike?

Poor customer service, its expensive especially for small-scale users, requires skills to fully benefit from its features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NextGen offers quality services for money, great connection to other service providers making it easy to exchange important information.

Paper data storage, getting patient previous medication to ensure only the right medication is offered.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NextGen® Healthcare
NextGen® Healthcare review by Dr. Julian A.
Dr. Julian A.

"wide facilities coverage."

What do you like best?

Has connected to very many service providers and covers international space which makes it more profitable, great features for sharing health information with other practitioners around the globe, offers ambulatory services which are great for emergencies, its cloud based which makes it more easier to store and access information from any device anywhere any time using the web portal. Make it easy for doctors to share more confidential information between the patient especially some illnesses that they fear to present physically to a physical doctor. Great way for scheduling appointments with your clients.

What do you dislike?

Poor customer service, they once delayed so much I had to seek help from people using other EHR software. Its expensive not favorable for small hospitals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are running a hospital or any medical facility preferable mid-sized or large you should get Nextgen its worth the work.

Health care information exchange, Secure patient record storage.

What EHR solution do you use?

NextGen® Healthcare review by Moses W.
Moses W.

"NextGen is the best EHR software I have used."

What do you like best?

Its connected to a wide range of service providers e.g. I love how it connects patients and doctors to pharmacies for e-prescription purposes. Its patient portal makes it easy to serve many patients includinf remote patients and also offers you a free demo before purchase to learn.

What do you dislike?

Its expensive although worth, The customer support team is not as fast as I thought medical support team should be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great software especially for large-scale use, it turns your health facility to a super tech health facility where patients can retrieve their health data online, schedule an appointment with the doctor or you can prescribe for drugs and recommend the available pharmacies around client's residence without necessarily meeting physically with the clients. This means great business more profit less visits its great for emergencies especially their ambulatory service which is available online 24/7

Remote prescriptions to avoid so many people having to travel and come for prescription which with NextGen can be done remotely and I can as well do that at home even in cases of emergencies.

"Frustrating for PT"

What do you like best?

There are some real time-savers, like the fact that we can click a button to have the charge page adjust our timed units for Medicare. I like that there is a flow sheet that carries over exercises from session to session.

What do you dislike?

There are WAY too many clicks to get anything done. Why does everything have to be on separate pages? It is far less time consuming to complete your note from the shortcuts on the charge page...which obviously is not how it's designed to be used. I hate that we can't have more than one chart open at a time--very difficult in a busy PT clinic where you're never just seeing one patient at a time. The fact that you have to apply changes on the exercise flow sheet and still click save and close is frustrating since it refreshes the page...but not doing it correctly means the exercises won't pull onto the previewed note. I could go on and on...lots of inefficiencies that make our jobs harder than they need to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probably not the best PT EHR software out there...

We are on the same system as the physician practice we are affiliated with so it's great that we can access their chart notes on our shared patients.

"FQHC dentist experience"

What do you like best?

The templates are helpful and I like the EMR-EDR flow better than other software I've used.

What do you dislike?

The Practice Management interface drives me nuts in that when you toggle between this and another (say EDR) it regenerates all of the patient prompts right back up--sounds like a small thing but, over time, it can be very irritating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As said, I would like to see EDR-EMR be more closely linked such that information flows more freely between these two systems. I would also like to see improved aesthetics (looks like 1995 graphics here, folks) and the user-friendliness of softwares of these types still leaves something to be desired.

Their software allows us to meet compliance requirements for meaningful use as an FQHC. As said before, the EMR-EDR flow is improved over another software that I have used as an FQHC dentist. There are still improvements to be made to be sure, however as a starting point I find NextGen's software to meet our needs at this time.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Lucy N.
Lucy N.

"Best cloud based electronic health records."

What do you like best?

It is online based software hence very secure in term of record storage as data can be retrieved in future in case it is required mostly in cases of looking for patient history. Also the software allows patient to book online appointments without physical travelling to the hospital. Offers a free demo before actual purchase of the software.

What do you dislike?

The software is expensive. Also the customer support service does not match the price of the software as quality of service offered is too low.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Amongst all electronic health record i have used so far NextGen Healthcare is the best EHR though expensive its the best, i love it.

It has eliminated jam of patients in the hospital, also it has enhanced large scale patient treatment services easier.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Martina L.
Martina L.

"Sophisticated product for accurate billing"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly. Easy application and navigation throughout configuration. Patient portal; billing and appointment scheduling easy to setup.

Customer service is very helpful

What do you dislike?

Clicking, check boxes. Takes a bit longer to check boxes to get through the coding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product. The software is very easy to setup.

Support is very reliable and fast. Continuosly improving and bringing new templates. The more you utilize it's features, the better outcomes you will have.

Make sure you have a test environment that matches your production environment to test the updates.

Overall, the product meets the company needs.

Impacted the daily operations in positive manner by enabling the workflow to benefit both, clinic support and patient communication. Choice of templates and of customization based on the business needs and daily operations

NextGen® Healthcare review by Fenardz O.
Fenardz O.

"It is reliable with great customer support. It is web based and is well used in ipads"

What do you like best?

Reliability is impressive and great customer support. I love how fast and easy it is to perform key tasks using nextgen healthcare ehr. It offers eprescription which lead to more patient attending

What do you dislike?

Data display is wanting and require significant improvements. It require some IT knowledge to operate the software. Some templates are cumbersome with alot of clicks .

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is perfect to use in an hospital office since it integrates nicely. It is highly customised and very fast to perform..i love how well it keeps medical records and its easy to use

Eprescription has enabled reduce over crowding. The software is well reliable and has great customer service support.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Antoinette N.
Antoinette N.

"NextGen "

What do you like best?

I love how there are different dynamics about the software. Its very easy to navigate and syncs which makes the software efficient to our environment.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how NextGen regulates what can be deleted out of the system. For instances if I enter the incorrect address for a client. In order for this to be corrected a ticket has to be submitted to NextGen and you have to wait for them to correct it. This causes delays in the process and makes things a bit more difficult if you make a mistake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is highly recommended. If you are looking for better organization and paperless software this is a beauty. It provides structure and ability to multitask. It is user friendly and provides differently user faces. If you have a large company looking to be able to access information within different locations in the community this product will allow you all to connect and access that information at your fingertips. So no more faxing copying emailing you will access all data through NextGen.

We have solved the issue of being able to store and access data in one location that can easily be accessed and is user friendly. We have realized everyone can access this software if they are on the network.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Joyleen M.
Joyleen M.

"Nextgenhealthcare is wonderful and smartly or easily operated"

What do you like best?

Its easy way of being well used with other softwares makes me recommend for use in our hospital. Nextgenhealthcare is easy to operate and serve many customer in different departments.

What do you dislike?

The team that is supposed to manage its failures and faults are slow to respond to even emergencies .This is the very weakness discovered in my hospital concerning nextgenhealthcare software

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nextgenhealthcare is well suitable for use in hospital due to easy operation as well as customers support which require little modifications to be super

The fact that it integrates easily with other departments especially laboratories and chemists orather pharmacies has improved our service to client's

NextGen® Healthcare review by Ryan B.
Ryan B.

"Works better than most I've worked with"

What do you like best?

The user interface is pretty solid. Navigating through system is pretty easy. We're able to get our staff using it quite efficiently with minimal training. This is one of the more popular EMR's so a lot of our practitioners have already used it and/or are very familiar with it.

What do you dislike?

We've ran into issues with signing notes and our less experienced users. This part is very precise, which for us IT guys, is a good thing. If you don't follow the steps to the T, it can cause a lot of frustration on the side of the practitioner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the better EHR's for sure. Worth taking a look.

The greatest benefits NextGen provides is organization and collaboration.

NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"NextGen is a wonderfully integrated software"

What do you like best?

As a dentist, I enjoy that I can easily transition from Dentrix to NextGen to check my patient's medical history, including diagnosis list, medications, allergies, and labs, within seconds. This way, I can avoid having to obtain a time consuming medical consult for something as easy as locating an A1c value.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software is a little faulty, for example, it's tough to locate patients with similar birth dates and/ or social security numbers. Also, it's a little unclear sometimes if a patient is not a patient of record.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a must have for those who are dentists

As mentioned above, it is much more convenient to have all the medical information at my finger tips so that I can minimize medical consults and shorten the number of wasted appointments for patients (and for the practice).

NextGen® Healthcare review by David W.
David W.

"Checkbox Charting"

What do you like best?

I like that NextGen has a lot of functionality and is not as expensive as some other EHRs, but it still includes the UDS measures that we need.

What do you dislike?

Very buggy, and includes a lot of unnecessary sections and checkboxes that are required and can't be disabled easily. i also wish that NextGen had more capability for customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NextGen frustrates the medical and mental health providers that I've worked with. One medical provider calls it "checkbox charting" and it seems easy to miss something or chart it incorrectly. There are a lot of confusing aspects to NextGen that we don't enjoy.

Having an EHR that captures the elements we need.

NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"this is an okay product"

What do you like best?

I do like the ease of navigation and the simple layout

What do you dislike?

I dislike all the features that seem to be unnecessary. I feel like im not using nearly half of all the different functions that are available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I just would like to see a more basic version of this product. I dont think that it is necessary to have so many different functions available if they aren't really utilized by the user. This can get confusing and I feel that things could get looked over. All in all it is a decent program to get done the things that are needed to help with patient care and satisfaction. I would reccommend this to a prospective user.

I am solving billing and scheduling issues. I do see that nextgen makes these issues much easier.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Matthew P.
Matthew P.

"Integrating with 3rd Party Patient Portal"

What do you like best?

Nextgen was able to accomplish the necessary tasks before the Patient Portal Go Live in order to deliver the CCD, ADT and Appointment Data files. As well as helping to facilitate Direct.

What do you dislike?

Nextgen was very slow to respond to our needs. They take forever just to assign a staff member to the issue. We were eventually able to get the feeds integrated into the product, but only because of the 3rd party support of TempDev.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The EMR and EPM software seems fine, but I would suggest that you push on Nextgen to greatly improve their Patient Portal, so that you don't have to go to a 3rd party.

Meaningful Use Stage 2 required us to turn up a Patient Portal. Instead of using the Nextgen Patient Portal product, which we felt was lacking in features and functionality, we opted to integrate with a 3rd Party solution. This was also due to the fact that the Nextgen Patient Portal would not allow for our 3rd paty hospital EMR to interface with it. Meaning that we were forced to find a 3rd party Patient Portal vendor that could consume the feeds from various vendors. Although we found the Patient Portal to be feature rich, we discovered that due to the lack of standardization across all EMRs, that the data being consumed and parsed on the Patient Portal end, was largely unusable except for the sole purpose of attesting to MU2.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Curt K.
Curt K.

"Capable EMR for our practice"

What do you like best?

The Practice Management component of NextGen works well for our needs & requirements. The feedback on the EHR component has been a mixed bag at best, but we also mitigate some of the negative reviews with customized templates.

What do you dislike?

Scalability seems to be a struggle, along with a very complex invoicing from the company.

A good fit for our size & our practice. Customer Service is good.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Lisa D.
Lisa D.

"modern charting and scheduling system"

What do you like best?

next gen works in all kinds of health care systems. i have used it in surgery center and in an eye clinic.

What do you dislike?

i dis like that you are not able to make the icons and font a little larger

nestgen is perfect for using a speachmic, its great at locking charts and keeping scheduals straight and tasks sent.

NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"NextGen's EHR is complicated on screen, but a great system once you adjust to the fields."

What do you like best?

Within the EHR, I like that NextGen allows for phrases to be saved for repeat use. It makes charting much easier.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how many different fields and tabs there are in the EHR. I don't think it is user friendly, especially for doctors and medical scribes who work and type at a fast pace. I find myself spending more time clicking to get to the right place when I could be finishing the patient charts at a faster rate.

NextGen minimizes the amount of time doctor's spend at home working on patients' chart. The patient portal enhances communication between doctors, patients, and staff. It also allows for a smooth check in and check out process for patient visits.

NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"NextGen EHR"

What do you like best?

I am a children's behavioral health case manager and have used NextGen EHR at my previous and current agencies. I like how easy it is to learn and use. All the information I need is on the main screen, and I can look up specific documents without having to scroll for day through encounters.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a uniform version that all agencies used. The templates that I used at my previous agency are laid out differently at my current agency, so there has still been an unnecessary learning curve. I also wish it wouldn't go down as much as it does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

It keeps accurate track of billing and lets me see how many more encounters I need to make my daily goal.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"A robust EMR solution for most specialities"

What do you like best?

I like how customize-able NextGen is. I work in a Rheumatology practice and we have used NextGen for the past six years; it has been an overall positive experience. While the system wasn't readily setup for our specialty I was able to create and manipulate the templates to suit our needs easily.

What do you dislike?

At times the system can be stubborn. We have frequent issues with SQL errors, though that error may lie with our host more than the software itself (we are not sure) but overall it is not a huge issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Custom templates are a must for the best experience with NextGen. Investing in hiring someone to complete custom templates, or training existing staff, is highly recommended.

We are solving the problem of paper charts. We are able to store our information digitally to reduce the workload of our front desk staff, and also make it easier for our physicians to organize and manage their workload.

NextGen® Healthcare review by John M.
John M.

"Nextgen healthcare is well efficient and recommedable for an efficient office"

What do you like best?

Multiple diagnosing on history page makes it super in efficiency,integration is achieved thus user friendly,Nextgen speed and reliability makes it used in my hospital

What do you dislike?

Its somehow complex and tedious due to time consuming,nextgen has too much navigation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will recommend use of nextgenhealthcare in offices in need of efficiency and speed as well,reliability is also almost excellent

Work flow has been improved by use of nextgen healthcare,Multiple diagnosing on the history page as been an added advantage in the farm

NextGen® Healthcare review by Adam S.
Adam S.

"NextGen: Not Current, but still one of the best"

What do you like best?

It feels like Windows XP for Healthcare software. Fairly simple to understand, easy to navigate, good menus and interface.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally can be slow, feels a little outdated compared to modern software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend it, it is easy to use and understand and should come naturally to anyone that has used Windows XP or similar operating systems.

We use it for one of our client's Remote Desktops. It helps organize work flow, communication, and appointment scheduling all in one place.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Cherice S.
Cherice S.

"Great Software for Medical Facilities"

What do you like best?

I work in physical therapy and we use NextGen to check in our patients. I like that if we need an order for a patient for physical therapy, we can tell the doctor to put it in the system and when can print it out instead of having the doctor fax us the order. It makes it a lot easier.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about NextGen is that if I accidentally hit the wrong tab, I cannot uncheck it

N/a

NextGen® Healthcare review by Stephanie R.
Stephanie R.

"Advanced Practice Magement"

What do you like best?

NextGen has so many customizable features.

What do you dislike?

Over complicated. The downside to being so advanced is that simple tasks (such as making an appointment) involves too many steps.

It has allowed us to be more accurate in tracking patient visits and billing matters

NextGen® Healthcare review by Angelina M A.
Angelina M A.

"NextGen Healthcare is a home run"

What do you like best?

NexGen makes my job simple. Not only does it help with improving revenue cycle, it improves outcomes at less cost. I also like the Value-based care model utilized by NextGen Healthcare.

What do you dislike?

I have not found many things that I dislike about NextGen. The one thing is finding time to train the employees how to utilize the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you train the employee's how to utilize the NextGen, the company, employee's, and patients will benefit from this service.

We are solving how to treat patients ethically, while lowering the cost of our services.

NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Not the best EMR I have used so far"

What do you like best?

It has a lot of common features like any other EMR like customizing options

What do you dislike?

It is not the best integrated software with separate window for MAs (intake)and providers (soap note)

Recommendations to others considering the product

My experience is solely based on the kind of implementation done at our organization. I would recommend better requirement gathering so that implementation can be done properly. Perhaps this software has all the CPOE and other good features but we don’t have them available in our version so it is not the best software to use. I have used other EMRs so I can Truely compare.

Trying to go all electronic with minimum paper record.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Lisette H.
Lisette H.

"Very slow and redundant templates"

What do you like best?

Nothing at all. It is a very slow and redundant program

What do you dislike?

Everything. Scheduling, the way meds are put in, the patient hx and complaints, redundant templates and there is such slow support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very slow product. The customer service is okay, but you need to realize that the ease of use for medical assistants is very bad.

NO BENEFITS

NextGen® Healthcare review by Crystal G.
Crystal G.

"NextGen Review"

What do you like best?

I like the flow of NextGen. Once showed how to use, it is an easy system to navigate.

What do you dislike?

NextGen can be complicated with hidden tools. It also isn't reliable. NextGen often experiences issues of downtime where the program will go offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better support and getting the kinks worked out so that the system doesn't go down so often.

I use NextGen to efficiently schedule patients.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Samantha M.
Samantha M.

"Nextgen "

What do you like best?

I like the organized and simplistic layout to options which makes it easy for any and all employees to locate what they need

What do you dislike?

once you select the option you need, it becomes slightly more difficult to understand the process

Document management, file maintenance, EHR, License manager, practice management, SetDB, System administer, Report Server

NextGen® Healthcare review by Aysha M.
Aysha M.

"NextGen Review"

What do you like best?

It keeps things organized and makes it easier to navigate to find information.

What do you dislike?

The software is a little too slow and freezes which is inconvenient.

We are able to have patient charts. I realized that a comprehensive medical charting system makes things easier.

"NextGen"

What do you like best?

There is lots of information in one location. This software makes tracking patients healthcare needs very easy.

What do you dislike?

There is not a good way to run reports on immunizations that need updated, A1c's that are out of range etc.

Able to track individual patients needed follow up appointments.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Ajit G.
Ajit G.

"Nextgen emr and practice management "

What do you like best?

Practice management module and scheduling module. I like the new feature about bidirectional connection with state immunizations registry.

What do you dislike?

Not flexible to customize templates, pain to deploy updates on clients. manual installation after each upgrade or hot fix takes lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Send some of your users for training on how to implement the software and if possible have them tried on customizing the templates.

Helps keeping health records if used in proper way.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Chelcie O.
Chelcie O.

"I used nextgen at my previous company"

What do you like best?

Next gen abstracting is easy. The flow is changeable so you can create notes how you want them

What do you dislike?

Changing something once is added to the chart is challenging. It lets you skip portions without knowledge

We used next gen for our electric health records.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Amy F.
Amy F.

"NextGen Review for AF"

What do you like best?

I like how the software aims to improve the health of my community and lower care costs.

What do you dislike?

The functionality isn't super smart like alot of other software

NextGen empowers physicians in my 5 hospitals to provide patient-centered care with the goal of a healthier patient population

"Healthcare Suite"

What do you like best?

I like that each aspect of the software connects to each other so you can link billing with scheduling with the health record.

What do you dislike?

I wish the optical aspects of the EHR were better designed

Helps integrate everything together in one software suite

"Can’t stand it"

What do you like best?

There is not much I like about it. Lots of glitches

What do you dislike?

System glitches all the time, when you go to order testing and then go to another screen it doesn’t save

Meeting meaningful use requirement

NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Good system, but not very user friendly"

What do you like best?

The best part of the system is its templates and ability to recreate your own customized templates

What do you dislike?

The user friendliness. It is not very user friendly

It is used for managing and securing electronic health records.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Laura L.
Laura L.

"Very Useful Communication Tool"

What do you like best?

Intuitive and useful tool. Nextgen was a huge improvement over our previous system.

What do you dislike?

It had to be tailored for some aspects of the practice and customized.

Charting and Bill g was greatly simplified.

NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Internet

"EHR Review"

What do you like best?

It is a very comprehensive system that includes everything from client appointments to chart notes, and also allows providers to sent notes to one another about a specific client via that client’s chart so that documentation remains integral.

What do you dislike?

It is a clunky system that does not seem to be intuitive.

We utilize this for our medical clinic, as well as our transitional programs. It is helpful in itegrating our organization’s services for clients/patients.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Highly customizable EMR"

What do you like best?

I love that you can modify many templates throughout the system to make them work for your practice.

What do you dislike?

The customization can work against you. When the system is upgraded, you have to re-evaluate all templates to ensure that you did not lose functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have someone who is tech savvy that can manage template changes.

NextGen is the EMR and billing software used to run multiple physician practices at my previous employer.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Consultant in Medical Practice
Consultant in Medical Practice

"It does what it needs to do."

What do you like best?

The SSRS reporting they provide is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

A lot of discombobulation when it comes to any upgrades or changes.

Using their EHR, EPM, and SSRS systems to extract and manipulate data for business intelligence purposes.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Esther R.
Esther R.

"Reporting and Data collection"

What do you like best?

One of the things I like best is the reporting and data collection.

What do you dislike?

The least this I like is two many windows.

Current issue we are working is on Population Health utilizing the text functionality.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Collene C.
Collene C.

"Nexgen"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate, able to formulate templates which are helpful for certain cases.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is too much clicking, to enter normal

Nexgen is extremely thorough And has the ability to free type

NextGen® Healthcare review by Lisa E.
Lisa E.

"Quick, Easy Accurate"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to navigate through, very organized

What do you dislike?

easy to make mistakes, wish the colored appts had more differentiation

benefits, it keeps multiple offices organized, easy to view multiple appts

NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"NextGen in Primary Care"

What do you like best?

I liked that NextGen allows for scanning of documents into patient charts. I also liked that the appointment schedule was customizable.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the speed at which the software operates. It often felt clunky and old.

While I was using NextGen, I had the opportunity to track patient appointments and see notes from their providers. This was helpful as a social worker.

NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Higher Education

"Nextgen EMR"

What do you like best?

The EMR system is one of the simplest I have used but it can be difficult to find information at times because everything is separated into tabs.

What do you dislike?

Many times the system is slow to load and when there are multiple tabs it can be time consuming.

It provides electronic health records that can be accessed remotely and at different locations and eliminates need for paper charts

User in Medical Practice

"Member Service Specialist "

What do you like best?

Ease of creating new patient charts or editing charts.

What do you dislike?

Scanning and uploading paperwork to patient charts. Very time consuming.

Helps with our rural offices finally coming together on one page.

NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Information Technology and Services

"NextGen is Flexable"

What do you like best?

Nextgen allows you the flexibility to create your own templates and documents. It also gives you the ability to write and modify SQL jobs and stored procedures which translates to fewer mouse clicks and saved time.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of at the moment. I would like to see more/better hosting options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

go for it

Efficient retrieval of patient info in EPM and EHR.and billing simpler and fast

"Horrible"

What do you like best?

Very little to like. It is minimally better than having to write all your notes

What do you dislike?

You have to click a million times for every note. Has horrible user interface. Totally missing ROM directions for the wrist and hand. Totally missing strength directions for every joint. Have to basically type EVERYTHING in. Syntax for therapy verbiage is incorrect

Do not have to read other peoples writing

NextGen® Healthcare review by Gina M.
Gina M.

"A favorite EPM System"

What do you like best?

I like the customization options for file maintenance and daily operations.

What do you dislike?

All filters are not available on all reports.

Maximizing reimbursement and minimizing aged accounts.

"Pharmacy Intern "

What do you like best?

Gives you good description on reasons for prescription insurance rejection.

What do you dislike?

Does not give reasons for Dur reject. It sometimes also has trouble looking up patients in the system even with central search and pulls up patient profile after multiple attempts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely the system to use in pharmacy for filling scripts!

NextGen helps process prescriptions quickly and efficiently.

"Too many windows"

What do you like best?

There are some nice features like the claim area where you can manipulate claims.

What do you dislike?

Not very user friendly in that there are so many windows and not easy to move between them. Payment and adjustment area leaves a lot to be desired and so does the batch system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not the most user friendly, a lot of windows. Look elsewhere

Used for FQHC billing

NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Customer Service - Tutorials - Customization "

What do you like best?

Healthfusion via Nextgen is an easy EHR to navigate. I can edit blueprints, and can easily access customer service if needed.

What do you dislike?

The orders tab is not customizable. Specifically lab panels, and it leads to confusion. HF did not have a resolve for this.

Medical documentation is streamlined which is a bonus for medical records and employee training.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Dr. Eduardo J.
Dr. Eduardo J.

"Very Good "

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and understand the system for new users.

What do you dislike?

Nothing Yet. I will need to continue using it.

Documentation and Privacy

"Cumbersome and inefficient"

What do you like best?

Lab studies are available as are vital signs. It is easy to access prior notes and records

What do you dislike?

Extremely time consuming, cumbersome, and inefficient. The number of radio buttons to be completed for each section is excessive and wastes a lot of time.

It is relatively cheap so it allows those who have limited funds to have an EMR

NextGen® Healthcare review by Homero F.
Homero F.

"Mainly positive."

What do you like best?

Nextgen is generally very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

Glitches and the inability to have shortcuts.

Patient scheduling and tracking of medical information.

"Easy system to use"

What do you like best?

NextGen Healthcare is an easy and simplistic tool to use. Very easy to learn how to use.

What do you dislike?

Though this electronic medical system is easy to use, not enough health systems utilize this system. This makes it hard to communicate between systems.

The electronic medical record system is helping us schedule patient, smooth out the patient flow - specifically the patient appointment.

NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Practical and Easy to use. "

What do you like best?

NextGen has been a practical and easy to use software application in our Community Pharmacies and some hospitals.

It is a well made, HIPAA compliant, all-in-one tool.

It is easy to navigate and customizable.

What do you dislike?

Can run slow and require some support and maintenance from time to time, which can put you behind.

Used for EHR, Charting, and Billing.

"NextGen Healthcare "

What do you like best?

It is really easy to navigate through the electronic medical records in a way that encompasses the privacy and confidential manner that is necessary.

What do you dislike?

There are times when the system lags a little, but nothing atypical of technological systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

NextGen definitely begins a secure system to house confidential medical information of all kinds in one system.

NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"NGD Review"

What do you like best?

The form is very easy to fill out and works well to a small capacity.

What do you dislike?

it's very slow generating information, especially if the network is busy, even slightly busy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

needs to be able to function faster with more reliability and should support more than one application page at one time.

Helping people with healthcare applications.

"acceptable"

What do you like best?

being able to see all information i need

What do you dislike?

slow, too detailed, freezes sometimes ....

billing

"NextGen Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to learn most of the functions. Interface tools are nifty. Great to use while working with patients. Good product.

What do you dislike?

Some of the functions take a while to get the hang of such as finding patients with a certain ailment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

none

Keeping patient charts in order, eliminating paper and waste, and overall organization.

"Mixed feelings...."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that everything is linked together. i don't have to take extra steps to do things.

What do you dislike?

It can be slow and gets bogged down easily.

I haven't solved any problems. Once again, everything is linked and I can see what other providers have charted.

"Helpful resource for "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the easy to use interface and easy to use search function.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the bugs and when it crashes. It seems to be tough to fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to try other products first.

We have been using this to store all of our data which is helpful.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Sara E. E.
Sara E. E.

"I have used this for work. "

What do you like best?

Its many functions and accessibility

What do you dislike?

slow, and seems outdated

medical charting

"Frustrated user"

What do you like best?

Easy search, straight forward billing and simple note writing.

What do you dislike?

Note writing is too simple, no customization

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared to learn on your own with little support.

Electronic health record, billing and claims, practice manangement, and scheduling.

NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Could be worse. Organized. Easy to use. "

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate as a family practice healthcare provider

What do you dislike?

Many pages to navigate to try to get to labs and follow up notes

Super easy to learn. Not a high learning curve. User friendly

"First Experience "

What do you like best?

Easy to use once you learn where all the functions are.

What do you dislike?

Extraneous features complicate use. Would be nice if there were an option to hide certain features/fields.

Keeps transactions balanced.

"NextGen"

What do you like best?

The high levels of customization leading to increased efficiency.

What do you dislike?

Not very easy to customize a user friendly template for certain aspects of the exam.

Efficiency, easy to train, easy to use.

NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Pretty decent as far as CRMs"

What do you like best?

Lots of features, versatility and support

What do you dislike?

Sometimes laggy and down for several hours

NextGen makes it easy to run reports and gather information for hundreds of clients very quickly.

NextGen® Healthcare review by Administrator

"Relatively new to nextgen."

What do you like best?

Switching from Hospital environment to ambulatory and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

My lack of knowledge is my only dislike.

It has a wealth of knowledge that I'm not utilizing.

"NextGen in Ophthalmology"

What do you like best?

What I like about it, if I had to pick any, would be organization.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of clicking involved to a point my hand hurts.

N/A

NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"nextgen is easy to use"

What do you like best?

it is user friendly and easy to use for new employees

What do you dislike?

sometimes the system will glitch and it might be complicated if not trained

no business problems

NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Higher Education

"Optometry, logging patient"

What do you like best?

It is good software ,Quick and easy to use,

What do you dislike?

Lot of unnecessary steps to go through, would like to see everything at one page

Optometry

"Nextgen Review "

What do you like best?

Easily customizable with programming knowledge, generally reliable

What do you dislike?

Interface is clunky and dated, steep learning curve

Nextgen works well across its multiple applications

"Patients care"

What do you like best?

It helps me find out what patients are here for

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really I use it only to a minimum

Benefits with the patients

User in Medical Practice

"not good for therapy or budgets"

What do you like best?

integrative software good for billing and medical staff

What do you dislike?

costly provider additions, costly for additional fields like physical therapy templates

EHR, billing, notes, scheduling

NextGen® Healthcare review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Okay product"

What do you like best?

It keeps all our medical records in one place

What do you dislike?

It's too complicated - takes many clicking

EMR for employed physician clinicians; allowing our employed physicians to share patient information with each other

Learning about NextGen® Healthcare?

* We monitor all NextGen® Healthcare reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.