NextGen® Healthcare

NextGen® Healthcare

NextGen offers an integrated suite of electronic health record, practice management, revenue cycle management, clinical content, population health, analytics, HIE/interoperability, and EDI solutions delivered on enterprise, cloud, and mobile platforms.

Work for NextGen® Healthcare?

Learning about NextGen® Healthcare?

NextGen® Healthcare Reviews

Ask NextGen® Healthcare a Question
Showing 63 NextGen® Healthcare reviews
NextGen® Healthcare review by User

Frustrating for PT

What do you like best?

There are some real time-savers, like the fact that we can click a button to have the charge page adjust our timed units for Medicare. I like that there is a flow sheet that carries over exercises from session to session.

What do you dislike?

There are WAY too many clicks to get anything done. Why does everything have to be on separate pages? It is far less time consuming to complete your note from the shortcuts on the charge page...which obviously is not how it's designed to be used. I hate that we can't have more than one chart open at a time--very difficult in a busy PT clinic where you're never just seeing one patient at a time. The fact that you have to apply changes on the exercise flow sheet and still click save and close is frustrating since it refreshes the page...but not doing it correctly means the exercises won't pull onto the previewed note. I could go on and on...lots of inefficiencies that make our jobs harder than they need to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probably not the best PT EHR software out there...

We are on the same system as the physician practice we are affiliated with so it's great that we can access their chart notes on our shared patients.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NextGen® Healthcare
NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Hospital & Health Care

FQHC dentist experience

What do you like best?

The templates are helpful and I like the EMR-EDR flow better than other software I've used.

What do you dislike?

The Practice Management interface drives me nuts in that when you toggle between this and another (say EDR) it regenerates all of the patient prompts right back up--sounds like a small thing but, over time, it can be very irritating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As said, I would like to see EDR-EMR be more closely linked such that information flows more freely between these two systems. I would also like to see improved aesthetics (looks like 1995 graphics here, folks) and the user-friendliness of softwares of these types still leaves something to be desired.

Their software allows us to meet compliance requirements for meaningful use as an FQHC. As said before, the EMR-EDR flow is improved over another software that I have used as an FQHC dentist. There are still improvements to be made to be sure, however as a starting point I find NextGen's software to meet our needs at this time.

What EHR solution do you use?

NextGen® Healthcare review by <span>Martina L.</span>
Martina L.

Sophisticated product for accurate billing

What do you like best?

Very user friendly. Easy application and navigation throughout configuration. Patient portal; billing and appointment scheduling easy to setup.

Customer service is very helpful

What do you dislike?

Clicking, check boxes. Takes a bit longer to check boxes to get through the coding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product. The software is very easy to setup.

Support is very reliable and fast. Continuosly improving and bringing new templates. The more you utilize it's features, the better outcomes you will have.

Make sure you have a test environment that matches your production environment to test the updates.

Overall, the product meets the company needs.

Impacted the daily operations in positive manner by enabling the workflow to benefit both, clinic support and patient communication. Choice of templates and of customization based on the business needs and daily operations

NextGen® Healthcare review by <span>Antoinette N.</span>
Antoinette N.

NextGen

What do you like best?

I love how there are different dynamics about the software. Its very easy to navigate and syncs which makes the software efficient to our environment.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how NextGen regulates what can be deleted out of the system. For instances if I enter the incorrect address for a client. In order for this to be corrected a ticket has to be submitted to NextGen and you have to wait for them to correct it. This causes delays in the process and makes things a bit more difficult if you make a mistake.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is highly recommended. If you are looking for better organization and paperless software this is a beauty. It provides structure and ability to multitask. It is user friendly and provides differently user faces. If you have a large company looking to be able to access information within different locations in the community this product will allow you all to connect and access that information at your fingertips. So no more faxing copying emailing you will access all data through NextGen.

We have solved the issue of being able to store and access data in one location that can easily be accessed and is user friendly. We have realized everyone can access this software if they are on the network.

NextGen® Healthcare review by <span>Ryan B.</span>
Ryan B.

Works better than most I've worked with

What do you like best?

The user interface is pretty solid. Navigating through system is pretty easy. We're able to get our staff using it quite efficiently with minimal training. This is one of the more popular EMR's so a lot of our practitioners have already used it and/or are very familiar with it.

What do you dislike?

We've ran into issues with signing notes and our less experienced users. This part is very precise, which for us IT guys, is a good thing. If you don't follow the steps to the T, it can cause a lot of frustration on the side of the practitioner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the better EHR's for sure. Worth taking a look.

The greatest benefits NextGen provides is organization and collaboration.

NextGen® Healthcare review by User in Hospital & Health Care

NextGen is a wonderfully integrated software

What do you like best?

As a dentist, I enjoy that I can easily transition from Dentrix to NextGen to check my patient's medical history, including diagnosis list, medications, allergies, and labs, within seconds. This way, I can avoid having to obtain a time consuming medical consult for something as easy as locating an A1c value.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software is a little faulty, for example, it's tough to locate patients with similar birth dates and/ or social security numbers. Also, it's a little unclear sometimes if a patient is not a patient of record.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a must have for those who are dentists

As mentioned above, it is much more convenient to have all the medical information at my finger tips so that I can minimize medical consults and shorten the number of wasted appointments for patients (and for the practice).

Learn more about NextGen® Healthcare

NextGen® Healthcare Videos

Learning about NextGen® Healthcare?

* We monitor all NextGen® Healthcare reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.