Nextpoint

Nextpoint is comprehensive evidence management—from e-discovery to trial—that reduces cost and complexity for legal teams.

Work for Nextpoint?

Learning about Nextpoint?

Nextpoint Reviews

Ask Nextpoint a Question
Showing 51 Nextpoint reviews
Nextpoint review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

"Great at first, then small issues came"

What do you like best?

Doc review. I have cases with thousands of produced documents, which is nearly impossible to review and organize in a usable fashion. Nextpoint makes doc review and issue tagging extremely easy to do and to use. Also, Nextpoint is extremely receptive to feedback or requests, and are constantly evolving their software to client's wants and needs. That is hard to find!

What do you dislike?

The "Prep" database for reviewing transcripts. It seems to me that this database is in its infancy or that Nextpoint has focused its time and attention on the "Review" database. First: many of my txt transcripts uploaded without proper page breaks, making it impossible to review and issue code or designate transcripts. Nextpoint offered to "fix" the page break problem in the txt files, which would cost us about $1500 for 8 transcripts. Then I discovered that the txt files did in fact have the proper page breaks, and loaded correctly into Summation. We exported the transcripts from Summation and uploaded those into Nextpoint, and viola! It was fine. This tells me that there is something wrong with Nextpoint's software, and they wanted to charge us hundreds of dollars to "fix" the txt files. Second: the transcript designations export options are almost worthless to us; if I wanted a list of designations by issue (for which there are 20-30), I would have to export each issue separately, as opposed to having an option to export designations by issue. Because of that, we began using a different platform for our transcript review. However, I will note that Nextpoint has been made aware of these issues and are receptive to adding new designation export options, so this review may be obsolete in a few months (except for the txt upload problems, they never said they would look into that issue).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to let Nextpoint know of any issues or any requests in features! They are very responsive and open to evolving and implementing changes to the software. They want to hear from you to learn how to make their software better.

Again, doc review is streamlined.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Nextpoint
Nextpoint review by <span>Roberto S.</span>
Roberto S.

"Very good tool with some improvements needed. "

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of the tool. From an end-user perspective, there isn't a big learning curve which helps alleviate concerns about using it. You can get to what you need in only a few clicks, so it simplifies the review process greatly. From an admin perspective, everything is fairly straight forward and doesn't require a lot of database or admin experience to setup and/or use. Their is also some nice customizability that allows for tailoring databases and reviews to the specific requirements of that case. Processing QC is also fairly straight forward.

What do you dislike?

There is really only one aspect of NP that I dislike, and that's the way that it processes data. Not necessarily what goes on in the backend, just how we get the data ready for import and such. The drag and drop processing function is really only good for data sets that are less than 1GB in total size. The "cloud" processing option, I have found, is more accurate with processing, but it's very cumbersome to use. Having to go through Cloudberry - an external program - can be extremely slow and I think defeats the main goal of what this tool is trying to be - simple. Using cloudberry is not an ideal way to process and can be especially burdensome when it involves very large data sets. Finding a more streamlined way of processing (see: get rid of cloudberry) would make NP a much more approachable tool. That being said, there are other smaller issues that I would like to see resolved in the future. These include: Remove the 1500 page limit for documents, full customization for coding fields/window and the ability to process and keep nested folder structures (or at least provide the ability to recreate the folder structures). It would also be nice of the Transcripts aspect of NP was more like the review aspect with regards to folder creation and such. Finally, the ability to "ghost" or duplicate the setup of another database without having to recreate from scratch every time would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for an easy to use and administer tool that can handle small to medium sized projects (0-20GB) with relative ease, and something that end-users will find easy to learn and use, Nextpoint is a very good option for you. It's not as robust as other products out there, but if used correctly it can save a lot of time and money for you and your clients. I think that my biggest issues with the product are going to be almost universal with other users as well, but even with it's shortcomings Nextpoint has proved to be a very valuable tool for us - and it can be a very valuable tool for others as well. By fixing a few of the issues though, NP can and will be a big player in the e-discovery industry.

NP has afforded us the opportunity to keep more projects in-house, which in turn will lead to more billable time and will (hopefully) create another profit generating department for the firm. It has also allowed us to get work done faster, which makes case teams much more efficient.

What eDiscovery solution do you use?

Nextpoint review by <span>Michael K.</span>
Michael K.

"Nextpoint from a hot seater's perspective"

What do you like best?

We recently used Nextpoint and Trial Director for prep and for trial presentation. Coordination between multiple distributed teams was very smooth. Having Nextpoint as a central repository made it easy for various attorneys and litigation support staff to verify what materials I would have available to me in the courtroom. If there were new materials that I needed to have, I could easily pull them down from Nextpoint and into Trial Director. If there were exhibits that were being used by opposing counsel that I was unsure whether I had, having access to Nextpoint search was extremely helpful in locating documents by keywords and phrases.

What do you dislike?

When working on demonstratives, we used the Share feature to distribute copies of the latest versions. But documents added to Nextpoint via the Share function seem less searchable and/or accessible, and so it was difficult at times to figure out what was the latest version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It helps to have someone who is relatively tech savvy to act as the point person when interacting with Nextpoint. This person doesn't necessarily have to already be an expert in Nextpoint, but experience with other doc review tools or tech-savviness in general would be preferred. This kind of aptitude will help streamline the transition to using Nextpoint and also help you to maintain/manage more of your casefile internally.

The business problem that Nextpoint solves is coordinating work across multiple firms in multiple cities and locations. Work/knowledge across teams could be leveraged, saving time and avoiding duplicate efforts. Most importantly from a hot seater's perspective, Nextpoint simplifies the communication process. Everyone knows what everyone else has. No one assumes that I have something and I don't have to wonder if there's something that I'm missing.

Nextpoint review by <span>Jill G.</span>
Jill G.

"User-friendly software!"

What do you like best?

Nextpoint is easy to use, because it is intuitive. Not only does that make for a great user experience, it also makes for easy training of new users on the review team! The folks at Nextpoint are always super helpful and friendly, and very responsive to any questions or concerns.

What do you dislike?

inability to run a term search across more than one sub-folder at a time; seemingly confusing with regard to preparing documents for export (but this is most likely due to my lack of experience with the program)

I am helping my client to sort through thousands of documents in the most practical, cost-effective manner. This benefits not only the client, but my legal team as well as we are then able to search and sort through those documents in an efficient manner.

Nextpoint review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Nextpoint Review"

What do you like best?

Nextpoint makes it extremely easy to filter through documents and flag pertinent material. It also makes it easy to move documents into various categories after the relevant documents have been flagged and allows all individuals with access to that particular count to easily view flagged material and comments by others.

What do you dislike?

I have not had the easiest time extracting pages from a larger document for review. I am not sure I am comfortable with extracting pages because the original never gets deleted and then you end up accumulating duplicates of various documents. I think I would like it better if you could edit the original documents and select whether you want to keep the original or delete it, so that you don't end up with multiple of the same thing.

It saves a lot of time when reviewing large volumes of documents and allows various users to access the material at one time which makes it easy to use for a large group project. It is also extremely efficient to add various tabs while you are using it and to add attorney comments for others to view.

Nextpoint review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"A good product for small sized firms"

What do you like best?

The database is pretty straightforward, and when you do have problems with it, their support center is easy to reach. The layout is conducive to document review and I really appreciate that it allows you to search for hidden texts within a document when reviewing. Using this database definitely shortens the amount of time you would spend when producing documents.

What do you dislike?

The product is still being developed so there are a lot of features other e-discovery products have that Nextpoint does not yet; this sometimes requires you to complete a task in a roundabout way. One feature that I hope they add soon is the ability to create subfolders.

During the discovery stage of a case is when Nextpoint is most helpful. I like that Nextpoint is able to read many different file formats. In fact, using a Mac OS Software I am unable to view certain documents that were created on a PC, I have different applications to deal with this problem but Nextpoint makes it easy because it recognizes many of these files in their database.

Learn more about Nextpoint

Nextpoint Videos

Learning about Nextpoint?

* We monitor all Nextpoint reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Nextpoint