Nextup Jira Connector

Nextup Jira Connector is a JIRA bot for Slack.

Work for Nextup Jira Connector?

Learning about Nextup?

Nextup Jira Connector Reviews

Ask Nextup a Question
Showing 6 Nextup reviews
Nextup review by <span>Benjamin P.</span>
Benjamin P.

"Streamlines some tedious JIRA issue handling obstacles by allowing a variety of controls in Slack"

What do you like best?

The customer service. When I reach out to the Nextup Team. They reply via chat within 3 minutes every time and are very knowledgable about the functinalities of their product, as well as its limitations. However, they are always willing to provide clever workarounds.

What do you dislike?

Right now my biggest issue is the lack of the functionality to attach images or files to Tickets... mostly because my company regularly attaches Screenshots to our tickets. HOWEVER, I requested a quick workaround with the team, which they deployed in 3 days... and then placed the larger feature request of adding images as a priority in their development pipeline. Really great example of a company listening to their customer pain points to prioritize feature development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the documentation! It's not too long and very helpful!

Saves me about an hour a day logging tickets, adding and viewing comments. And it completely overhauled our Bug reporting / logging process for the non-technical members of my team. Instead of telling me 50 bugs a day, they use a simple slack command to log them.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Nextup Jira Connector
Nextup review by <span>Anthony A.</span>
Anthony A.

"Makes quickly refering to and managing cards with the team easy."

What do you like best?

Being able to condense quick cards or placeholders into a single sentence command is great for adding feature and bug cards during testing/retrospective discussions. Being able to quickly see an issue summary when discussing with team mates is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to set up some defaults like project, task type, etc, so I could just type something like "create bug Log-in button deletes all users", since I sometimes like to rapid fire bug cards into Jira when doing testing.

We're a remote-only company, and most of our conversation is done via Slack and Hangouts. Having Jira integration available right from Slack streamlines our process and discussions.

What Productivity Bots solution do you use?

Nextup review by <span>Rajeev S.</span>
Rajeev S.

"Instant productivity boost! "

What do you like best?

The best thing about Next-up is you can create a ticket and upload screenshots in seconds right from Slack. Great customer support! The bot is quite impressive!

I would highly recommend this to anyone who is building a product and require JIRA management right from Slack.

What do you dislike?

I know the team is working on the scrum/stand up feature. That is the only feature I would request.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every startup, entrepreneur, solopreneur should consider using Nextup with Slack. Must have!

Visibility and collaboration. My entire team can view the JIRA tickets right on our slack channel.

Nextup review by <span>Robert K.</span>
Robert K.

"Awesome service "

What do you like best?

I came across nextup jira connector while looking for a possibility to connect jira with Slack and it is a great tool to interact with jira inside Slack

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing about nextup jira that I dislike

Jumping between jira and Slack

Nextup review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"A CLI for Jira"

What do you like best?

Being able to manipulate Jira tasks inside of Slack is a godsend. I do most everything in CLI and Slack, the exception was Jira but now its not.

Features keep on expanding and improving

What do you dislike?

Custom field integration requires some thought and work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bookmark the documentation

Quicker to create and edit tasks

Nextup review by <span>James L.</span>
James L.

"Straight forward, works as expected"

What do you like best?

Linking references to JIRA tickets within Slack channels, JIRA search integration for daily open issues

What do you dislike?

Adding the bot manually to every channel is a bit of pain, but understandable.

Enabling engineers to quickly access referenced JIRA tickets from Slack

Learning about Nextup Jira Connector?

* We monitor all Nextup Jira Connector reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.