NGP VAN

(49 reviews)

NGP VAN is a technology provider to Democratic and progressive campaigns and organizations, offering clients an integrated platform of the best fundraising, compliance, field, organizing, new media, and social networking products.

Work for NGP VAN?

Learning about NGP VAN?

NGP VAN Reviews

Showing 49 NGP VAN reviews
NGP VAN review by Administrator

"Great and getting better every day!"

What do you like best?

NGP VAN has the flexibility to handle every single component of a political campaign. If you need to send your volunteers and canvassers door-to-door across the state, VAN has the tools you need. Hosting a fundraiser and you want to make sure everyone gets a thank you note and also generate your state campaign finance report? VAN can do that. You need to develop an issue advocacy program between election cycles? VAN can do that. Mass emails to you supporter network? Distributed phone banking? Event rsvp's? VAN has you covered. And if VAN can't do it directly, they almost always have an API ready to go with someone who can help fill your needs, whether that's an robo call system through Callfire, advocacy tools through Revere, or texting through Hustle.

What do you dislike?

The interface can sometimes be a bit clunky, since there is almost always more than one way to do the same thing. Training documents aren't always readily available, which makes it difficult to train a large campaign staff. Most of the industry users I know have learned this software on the job, and have little or no formal training on the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NGP VAN is great, but make sure that your sytem administrator is at least somewhat familiar with the system before you try to implement.

I've used NGP VAN to win multiple campaigns over the years. Without this one simple system to track all of our constituent contact and manage all of our supporter data, I don't think those campaigns could have been successful.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NGP VAN
Administrator in Political Organization

"The Gold Standard for Democratic Campaigns"

What do you like best?

It is one centralized place to log and keep tabs on everything I need as a Campaign Manager. When it comes to fundraising, it is easy to build and maintain files on my donors and targets. It is great to log information about those who our campaigns brings aboard as volunteers, including how often or recently they are being used to avoid over use and burnout. When it comes to Campaign Finance Reporting, NGPVAN allows me to enter in the information specific to my reporting requirements and the program does my work for me. When it comes to filing time, my treasurer's life is a breeze. NGPVAN really provides a medium for our information to be stored and accessed so that I can be confident that nothing is slipping through the cracks and we are staying as tightly organized as we need to be.

What do you dislike?

The newest interface (NGPVAN 8)is sometimes not the most user friendly when it comes to running call time and logging data in real time as compared to previous versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to others who have used the product/are using the product and let them show you the application of how easy it is. You will be amazed by the utility of it.

It is the easiest way to log all of my campaign data in one place, no matter if it is coming from fundraising, volunteer activity, or some other sphere. Everything is in one place and easily organized.

What Political Campaign solution do you use?

NGP VAN review by Kevin T.
Kevin T.

"Older versions of NGP remain intuitive"

What do you like best?

In the older versions of NGP I've used, the interface is very intuitive and easy for beginners to pick up. Simple to moderate functions can be done at ease without much training.

What do you dislike?

Newer version of NGP, along with Direct Connect, are practically the opposite of intuitive and are incredibly difficult to use, leading to a lot of time wasted trying to figure out simple tasks, or just easily avoidable mistakes. Also, some of the more advanced functions of NGP are difficult to pick up on and not very obvious without a comprehensive tutoring session.

NGP is central to the work we do everyday managing the finances of a number of political candidates and groups. NGP makes producing call sheets incredibly simple, and you don't appreciate how good it is until you have to make call sheets from scratch, an incredibly tedious job which can take hours without the intuitive NGP software. Also, compliance work is very simple through NGP, a few clicks of the button does a job that would otherwise entail weeks of dealing with snail mail or hundreds of pages of printing.

NGP VAN review by Elle H.
Elle H.

"So many holes in the fabric..."

What do you like best?

The voter database is updated frequently from the NE Secretary of State. But unfortunately not frequently enough. Too many times over the years have I called a number and spoken to a widow or widower. Or called the same constituent lead only to have my eardrums almost blown because it's still a fax after years? How hard is it to update the database from canvasser feedback about call disposition?

What do you dislike?

No note writing capability in the OpenVPB platform. Votebuilder offers a notes field.

Recommendations to others considering the product

R Votes is far more antiquated. NGP VAN seems to be the only viable option.

Benefit is easy connection with voters. When they are reached.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Virtual phone banks are just life savers. Being able to have everything you need in one place when on the phone with people is absolutely priceless. Also cutting turf for canvassing/ building maps is easy and great.

What do you dislike?

If you are pulling people based on models, they are not always super helpful. Of course, statistical models are inherently not perfect, but sometimes you need HUGE volunteer/staff capacity to actually touch all the people that you pull based on models. This is not NGP VAN's fault per se, but I wish they were a little more helpful. It's also sometimes hard to work with State Voices, who runs c3s use of the VAN.

Civic engagement! It's not great at identifying brand new people to engage in high-level ways (ie new volunteers), but it's perfect for very broad outreach. It's also helpful for volunteer management of people you already work with.

User in Political Organization

"An essential service for any Democratic Campaign "

What do you like best?

The interface is really user-friendly and I love the ability to see if people in my network have voted when it gets close to election day. You can train someone with little or no VAN experience in a matter of days. VAN makes recruiting and maintaining volunteers a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I wish I was able to have the "My Campaign" tab and "My voters" tab open in the same browser. VAN has crashed on me a handful of times which can be frustrating when working long hours and getting close to election day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend attending an NGP VAN training webinar to get a full grasp of it's capabilities.

NGP VAN is the premier service when it comes to mobilizing voters for political and issue campaigns. There is no other service that compares to NGP VAN and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is trying to strengthen their field program and win electoral campaigns. I look forward to using NGP VAN in the future and hope other field programs will as well.

NGP VAN review by Keara F.
Keara F.

"Critical for campaign workers"

What do you like best?

NGP VAN is a crucial tool for any campaigner or organizer to track voter contacts, volunteer recruitment, and fundraising information. It is an excellent tool for multi-member campaign teams who can span wide geographic ranges.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes mycampaign is clunky - there are better SEOs like Salesforce that help you seamlessly schedule appointment and track client interactions, but it is helpful that the platform is all in one place.

NGP VAN is THE tool for managing your field campaigns. It updates in real time, helps to track IDs and target campaigns, and ultimately sets you up to win.

User in Political Organization

"The best option but still flawed"

What do you like best?

NGP is the best way to run a campaign. It is the backbone to everything I do as an organizer, and the campaign motto is often "if it isn't in VAN, it isn't happening." I think it is relatively user friendly, a wonderful way to organize a campaign, and a powerful tool for event planning and large-scale field work.

What do you dislike?

NGP VAN does many things very well, but it could benefit from talking to the people who use it and asking them what they need. For example, data entry is not easy to do. Similarly, the default options when searching for people, looking at data, or making events are never the options real people would use, and there is not an easy way to save the correct options as the default.

My entire job is basically scheduling, calling, and organizing people with VAN. Nothing we do in the field part of my congressional campaign would be possible without VAN.

NGP VAN review by David Z.
David Z.

"NGP VAN for organizing and volunteer recruitment"

What do you like best?

I was able to verify voting locations as well as target specific locations for canvassing. Also with the information gathered it made it more streamlined to cut turf.With the input functions for canvassing results could easily see totals and percentages individually or across the region(s).

What do you dislike?

It was frustrating that for lower levels of access that you don't have the export capabilities for mail merging. Also, many of the people in the database didn't match with the search criteria, this may have been from faulty input and not a VAN issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pay close attention to details and ask questions during tutorials/orientation. Inevitably you will learn a lot on the job but a basic overview is necessary.

I can easily design a search with filters to Target specific demographics and engaged individuals.

NGP VAN review by Steven M.
Steven M.

"All the features, none of the simple workflow"

What do you like best?

I like how specific I can get regarding entries - the multitude of fields, the exactness of entries -- and I like how easy it is to see contact history with someone.

What do you dislike?

I absolutely hate the search functions. The workflow is so awful, if my boss tells me "pull a list of donors, in the Bay Area, who've given $250+ in the last two cycles" it is like reaching around in the dark. Especially in the old NGP, but in both -- I have to try 5 searches, because it's not intuitive, until I finally get something I can use. There should be a descending tree workflow to searches, like this but not this, plus this etc.... If NGP had a search workflow akin to NationBuilders (who's software I honestly can't stand) it would be perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not get cheap and be okay with your client's campaign using the old NGP software. Make sure it's the NGP2 edition. Your life will be easier.

It keeps everyone on the same page. Everyone can see what's happening in real time.

NGP VAN review by User

"As good as its users"

What do you like best?

Van relies on a multitude of voter info to pertain the most relavant of campaigns for them. You can then compile lists of relevant voter databases to support your script.

What do you dislike?

Users can update voter databases with inaccurate information. Its up to responsible users to correct the database upon discoveries of immaculate information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't break van. Its already peripetually breaking and it's up to you to fix it.

I am constantly making van more effective each time I update a voters information and I help the action fund I'm part of by increasing their voter files when I identify voters that support our csuses.

NGP VAN review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Satisfied with NGP Van"

What do you like best?

It makes entering new information about voters, and pulling specialized lists seamless. I could only imagine what a nightmare organizing campaigns would be without it, or another product like it.

What do you dislike?

I have no real complaints at the moment. From a data perspective, I do sometimes worry about the quality of data that is going in. The 2-factor authentication is also extremely frustrating.

We use votebuilder for elections. It has been a great way to keep the voter file organized, and allows counties and precincts to coordinate their own efforts easily. We wouldn't win elections without it.

NGP VAN review by User

"A must"

What do you like best?

All campaigners know VAN is the gold standard, whether you like it or not. It's great to have predictive dialer, virtual phone bank, mini van, list building, all those things in one system.

What do you dislike?

Every action and Van are essentially the same, they should just be the same. In our last campaign we constantly had to duplicate events in VAN for internal tracking and EA for public facing events. Our use was distributed so there was also a lag time in getting some features turned on, even just exporting lists.

Working within a coalition, again it's the gold standard whether you like it or not. In the campaign world it would be unthinkable to try any other system. The plus side is that it's a very transferable skill set.

NGP VAN review by Tasi H.
Tasi H.

"Great, User-Friendly Software"

What do you like best?

NGP VAN is a user-friendly tool that gives me access to data for voter outreach and canvassing.

What do you dislike?

NGP VAN can be difficult to log in to an often requires me to confirm my identity by getting a code texted to my phone.

NGP VAN allows me to be more strategic when it comes to voter engagement. I can reach constituents I know turn out to vote. The tool allows me to seamlessly filter by party affiliation, gender, affinity to vote, etc. which helps when formulating our campaign strategy.

NGP VAN review by Consultant

"Every campaign's bread and butter"

What do you like best?

VAN is the primary voter contact tool for any Democratic campaign. It's fully integrated with a mobile canvassing app called MinIVAN, that lets volunteers pull up data on voters, knock on their doors, while syncing that data back to the campaign database in real time. It's unbelievably good software.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike too much about it.

Volunteering for the Doug Jones campaign in Alabama, we were in an uphill battle against the Republican party. NGP VAN, and its miniVAN app in particular, helped us contact hundreds of thousands of voters in a very short time.

NGP VAN review by Tamara J.
Tamara J.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

The beauty of the VAN is its ease to use for first-time users and also its MiniVAN app. No more long nights of data entry, save your time and volunteers for what works - actual voter contact!

What do you dislike?

If an area has a lack of good voter files to upload from the SecState, the data is less reliable.

It saves on manpower hours and puts staff/volunteers into direct voter contact, which is much more effective and cost saving.

"Incredibly Resourceful"

What do you like best?

The best thing about VAN is how secure it is. Once you’re logged in it’s incredibly easy to access voter contact information, cut turf, track dials and so much more on this app. I’m amazed by the amount of things it can accomplish. I appreciate the levels of access there are (field workers, volunteers, HQ all have their own type of access).

What do you dislike?

Being logged out for a short span of inactivity.

N/A.

NGP VAN review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Good Membership Organizing Tool"

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to track membership involvement, create a searchable calendar of events, and create phone banks that are specific to targeted populations.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found a way to have multiple tools open at the same time. For example, information about a member and the event screen.

It has really produced the ability to grow membership for our grassroots organization at the national and local level seamlessly. This has also proven instrumental in obtaining data regarding the percentage of invited vs attended members to our events.

NGP VAN review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"A quick and easy way to reach voters"

What do you like best?

The ease of app use. The minivan app provides a simple way to go through voter rolls for local campaigns in particular.

What do you dislike?

The user interface, namely visually. Nothing is wrong with the apps outright functionality, but the interface could use an update.

Reaching local voters to both determine support for political candidates, but the platform also presents a good way to gauge citizen sentiment on pertinent issues.

Administrator in Political Organization

"Best campaign software out there"

What do you like best?

VAN is the best tool out there when it comes to making field more effective by integrating grassroots voter contact with technology. Its smart canvass tools, the VPB and MiniVAN, allow volunteers to spend more time on the doors and on the phone while simplifying data entry (and reducing the time it takes to a matter of seconds). VAN has a great user interface that makes it easy to use for any volunteer.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things that could be improved with VAN. First, a more profound integration between social media & digital advertising and its CRM tool would be an incredible bonus. Second, certain tools within the system such as report formats and form letters (without NGP) are clunky and could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product for any grassroots campaign.

VAN has helped us win an election and empower volunteers and campaign managers all across the country. It has allowed us to collect more data and build more powerful models.

NGP VAN review by Trent R.
Trent R.

"Used for political campaigns "

What do you like best?

NGP Van was a full source software that provided the needs for all of my clients and successfully helped me address their needs. What I liked best was being able to rely on NGP for just about everything I needed for fundraising efforts. It is a high tech software that is necessary for any political fundraisers.

With NGP I can do everything for my client without leaving the program; serve all their needs at the same time. I also think NGP has a great tech service and has been helpful in resolving many of the issue sI have some across. I also appreciate how flexible the hours they have expecially in times to submit forms.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the complexity of the program. it is hard to use at first and not very user friendly at first glance. I attempted to self teach the program to myself, and could not. I had to ask a friend to show me how to use the program. My other dislike is with the call sheets, and the limited options. It is frustrating that we cannot create our own call sheet that can specifically meet the needs of our clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great program to use but you need to use customer service when/if you have questions, they are very helpful.

The business problems I am working on a re specifically tied to the needs of my clients, which is building a clients fundraising network.

NGP VAN review by Alisha R.
Alisha R.

"Great data, improving interface"

What do you like best?

NGP corners the market on best voter data and is a great tool for any campaign. Their website and communication tools have seen a vast improvement over the years and are relatively easy for new users to understand and use successfully.

What do you dislike?

NGP has somewhat of a monopoly on voter data and their user packages are priced way too high especially in a state that has campaign finance laws that limit the amount of money raised and spent on a campaign.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your campaign has the financial resources then you should definitely purchase it! You can't beat their data!

We use extensive voter data to target voters on a campaign, whether it be for door-to-door canvassing or direct mail outreach. NGPs data is far and above the cleanest most up-to-date voter data on the market.

"Amazingly Amazing "

What do you like best?

I love the page where it shows you profiles you’ve recently been on so you don’t have to constantly look them up it’s already their

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how it times me out so fast sometimes

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely would use to keep track of volunteers it’s so much more effective than just placing people in a calendar

I’ve realized the benefits of having one place to put volunteers instead of like a google doc. It gives multiple people access to the same information and organizes them for future use

NGP VAN review by Allison W.
Allison W.

"NGP used by finance committee for Congressional race"

What do you like best?

NGP allows us to keep all of our donors organized.

What do you dislike?

The software does not catch many duplicates

Keeping track of donations and donor information.

NGP VAN review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Powerful tool for campaigns"

What do you like best?

NGP VAN's VoteBuilder platform is a sophisticated, state-of-the-art method for tracking interactions with voters. Depending on what data your campaign has access to, VoteBuilder makes it possible to target voters most likely to support your campaign and then to track every interaction you have with them.

What do you dislike?

There are limitations to their database and the data that you have access to depends on what you purchase.

The system can be a little confusing for new users to learn, but that's mainly because it is so feature-rich.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really is the gold standard for democratic campaigns. I believe, however, that part of the agreement means they get to keep any data your campaign harvests. It's worth investigating that if ownership of your data is a chief concern.

VoteBuilder makes it easy to create targeted lists for phone banks or door-to-door canvassing. You can target voters based on their party, voting history, age, gender, specific issues they've indicated are motivating factors, and more. Additionally, you can create and assign codes specific to your campaign -- attendance at a certain event, answer to specific questions, etc.

The result is an exponential improvement over simply flipping through the phone book. Your campaign saves time and energy by focusing efforts on the right voters. And it enables you to track these voters over time, staying in touch up to election day.

NGP VAN review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Used it for inputting political research and assisting with call time, along with data input."

What do you like best?

I like that everything is available through one platform. Through NGP Van I can create emails, track donor information/history, print call sheets and do just about everything I need to, to help a client succeed financially. It's great being able to go to one platform for everything. When I first started using the program, I self taught myself most things.

NGP Van has one of the best tech support systems and training systems that I have used. If I ever was confused or having issues, their tech support was extremely reliable in helping get the issue resolved.

In addition, I enjoy the updates that were made between NGP Van 1 and 2, especially with the Group codes and attributes that appear with automatically when inputting contact information.

What do you dislike?

When first using NGP Van, it can be extremely confusing but the tech support is there to help with that. My main frustrations came with the search features for contacts. I think their needs to be more options of the way you can look up contacts and also select them so you can easily create news lists and groups by searching. This is small thing and is has not caused me to dislike NGP Van but it could be changed.

My other issue is the options of Call Sheets. For my clients, it would be nice to be able to create my own specific Call sheet formula instead of using pre-selected options. Or if that is not feasible, it would be nice to be able to make a request for a format of call sheets. Clients all have very different needs and preferences, and by being able to create a call sheet that fits that it will help me better serve their needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program if you are looking for a platform that you can do the majority of your fundraising and networking through-all in one is the best feature about this software.

i use NGP VAN mostly for assisting clients in fundraising efforts and managing political campaigns. The largest benefit is having everything through one platform and database and being able to use it for just about everything.

NGP VAN review by Consultant in Broadcast Media
Consultant in Broadcast Media

"Great for every aspect of database needs on political campaign"

What do you like best?

The ability to have contacts, households, and contribution information sortable. Reporting feature is great as well

What do you dislike?

I wish it was more shortcut friendly. When I am entering 50+ checks at one time, it'd be nicer to be able to fly through using my keyboard more than the mouse.

Contribution organizing and data keeping.

NGP VAN review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Campaign Field Organizer"

What do you like best?

When used for a campaign, the system provides a lot of information and capabilities, but can be cumbersome to use, especially for new users. There are other products that are easier to use.

What do you dislike?

The system can be extremely cumbersome and is expensive for small campaign organizations that don't need all the features.

This system was used on a political campaign. The reason it was selected was for its ability to integrate accounting and basic field functions. For a large campaign it is worth it, but for small, local campaigns it is too expensive and too burdensome.

NGP VAN review by User in International Affairs
User in International Affairs

"Donor/client research upload and compliance/quarterly filing."

What do you like best?

The best part of NGP is the ability to download contact/client donor lists.

What do you dislike?

It can be complicated to upload/find information about specific donors. You have to go through several tabs to even get to where you need to be.

All of our client donor info is centralized which is a benefit for us and we are able to track call time/donations that come in to each campaign.

Administrator in Political Organization

"The only way to organize. "

What do you like best?

As the preeminent liberal political organizing suite, NGP VAN is outstanding!

What do you dislike?

Frequent updates means a constant learning curve. But the updates make the service better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Knowledge is power.

NGP VAN is the foundation of our operation. We couldn’t function without it.

User in Political Organization

"Field Team for Local and State Campaigns. "

What do you like best?

I like that NGP VAN is extremely user friendly and is very connected between all of its uses.

What do you dislike?

Every so often there are glitches regarding the data input. Sometimes the data that it presents is not actually what was input by the user.

NGP VAN is extremely effective for campaigns with a large team where everyone's data inputs are synced together for analysis.

NGP VAN review by Consultant in Political Organization
Consultant in Political Organization

"Headed in the Right Direction"

What do you like best?

The ease of campaign finance reporting is great with this service, however, it's very easy to make duplicates of contacts.

What do you dislike?

Easy to duplicate contacts and there is a limit to how many sections you can pull when generating reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other platforms that you could use, but NGP VAN is the most cohesive for the money.

It's a lot easier to keep track of pledges and donations. One of the easiest campaign platforms to use.

Administrator in Political Organization

"It has some positives but definitely could learn from some other softowares like Organizer."

What do you like best?

It is very good at breaking down large group statistics and making them easy to read and analyze.

What do you dislike?

It is excessively difficult to identify individual numbers and analyze the effectiveness and accountability of each canvasser.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to keep script and questions the same and set activist codes and survey questions in the results tab to make analytics easier.

Political Mobilization

NGP VAN review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Very good"

What do you like best?

I felt very well equipped to manage and contact my voters.

What do you dislike?

I found that in initially recruiting volunteers, working outside of VAN produced more meaningful connections with potential vols. Somehow VAN produced less personal contact. I don't have a resolution for this, but that is my observation.

I started with no vols and then I had vols. Problem solved!

"Pricey but strong"

What do you like best?

Very powerful set of tools for calls, emails, and a database.

What do you dislike?

Their website tools are lacking. Also, its social media integration is poor--the features either aren't there or aren't user-friendly. Searches are also unnecessarily complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Expensive but worth it if you use all the tools.

Email, donations, website pages, and CRM.

User in Political Organization

"A paper saver and campaign basic"

What do you like best?

VAN was crucial for our campaign once we started having paid walkers. We could literally just send them a link or ID number and they could just go!

What do you dislike?

I have nothing bad to say really. It didn't really drain my battery much.

We saved costs on paper and printing, and we also had a more accurately recorded database.

"Campaign Must Have"

What do you like best?

The site was easy to use and made keeping track of people in my network, scheduling, and packets all in one place much easier.

What do you dislike?

Different layouts between tabs and various form entry. Maybe too many screens to complete actions.

Used for auditing of various forms, creating turf and packets, sharing data amongst entire organization.

User in Political Organization

"NGP VAN was easy to use and helpful for canvassing large territories."

What do you like best?

NGP VAN made it easy to navigate with their map showing locations of houses and the amount of people within each house. I could plan the best and most efficient route fairly easily.

What do you dislike?

Much of the data was not accurate or updated.

It has made canvassing more efficient and allowed greater grassroots initiatives.

User in Political Organization

"I've used NGP VAN for numerous campaigns"

What do you like best?

The ability to cut walking lists/phone banking lists and organize contacts is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

There is some training necessary, but it's not bad

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best tool for Voter ID

Cutting lists for volunteers easily is most helpful. It's a one-stop system for voter ID

"2 Years with VAN"

What do you like best?

I love that VAN allows me to create tags for volunteers and voters, it makes it a lot easier to narrow down searches.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I was able to have multiple tabs open at once.

VAN makes it easy to prioritize and target certain voters.

NGP VAN review by Megan B.
Megan B.

"NGP VAN review"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate and make changes within the database.

What do you dislike?

Hard to consolidate multiple entries (ex. donors).

We used ngp van during a political campaign. We were able to handle information from over 70k constituents. It was great for working with large amounts of data.

User in Political Organization

"Overall a good experience with NGP 7! "

What do you like best?

The link with NGP merchant to track donations in really time

What do you dislike?

Searches aren’t alphabetical, can make it hard to find duplicates if you don’t know they’re there

Makes it easy to track business and personal donations especially when they are coming from relatively similar sources

NGP VAN review by Consultant in Public Relations and Communications
Consultant in Public Relations and Communications

"NGP VAN"

What do you like best?

Mini VAN. It makes canvassing much easier and streamlined. It also ensures you don't lose data due to weather or lost paper.

What do you dislike?

The duplicated contact information. There are a lot of profiles that are useless and take up space and time.

Finding what voters are interested in within a give geographical location. It gives you a chance to contact those you need but it takes time to sort through the useless, raw data.

NGP VAN review by Consultant in Philanthropy
Consultant in Philanthropy

"Target voters. Raise money."

What do you like best?

There are models available to overlay on the voter file. Great integration for phone banks and minivan for canvassing is getting better and better. Good integration for fundraising and field.

What do you dislike?

Clunky format. New users have a tough time slicing targets from big lists.

Voter files used to be excel sheets (if you were lucky) from the clerks / secretaries of state. NGP VAN changed all that.

"Lit Review "

What do you like best?

Keeps track of all data, which is sent directly to Campaign management. Very organized, easy to find locations.

What do you dislike?

Can freeze from time to time, and reroute you randomly.

Data entry, makes it more efficient.

NGP VAN review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"Works well but is expensive"

What do you like best?

I like that there is a lot of space for multiple contacts.

What do you dislike?

The site itself is very slow, and very costly.

I have used it for emails, volunteers, contact data storage, and organizing

NGP VAN review by Consultant in Political Organization
Consultant in Political Organization

"NGP Review"

What do you like best?

Ease of putting contacts in one central place.

What do you dislike?

Difficulty in things like making call sheets. Nothing is easy.

I’m not solving any business problems with it. There are no benefits.

"VAN"

What do you like best?

Hate or love VAN it has voter outreach down to a science.

What do you dislike?

It can at times be glitchy and redundant..

Running targeted and micro targeted outreach.

NGP VAN review by User in Legislative Office
User in Legislative Office

"Campaign experience"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly software and very interactive

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about this software it is great

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very useful

Organization in a campaign

Learning about NGP VAN?

* We monitor all NGP VAN reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.