Ninite

4.9

Simple installer and updater for windows applications

Work for Ninite?

Learning about Ninite?

Ninite Reviews

Ask Ninite a Question
Showing 30 Ninite reviews
Ninite review by Ruben B.
Ruben B.

"I use it on every computer"

What do you like best?

In one place you have most of the most common software a computer will need.

It automatically install or updates the software you selected without questions, it will only show the results when its done and if any installation fails it will tell you why.

It doesnt install all the bloatware that sadly comes with most software nowadays, this way you cant install them by mistake.

With the pro version you can automatize the download and updates on the computers of your network.

What do you dislike?

Even if they have a good variety of software they dont have some that are very need and useful and doesnt allow you to integrate those programs for yourself. You have to download it a part from Ninite and do the installation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Im sure everybody will find that its a very useful tool even if only for those boring first time software installation on new computers. Using it will save time, avoid the installation of bloatware and have always the most up to date versions of programs.

Fastens the installation of computers automatically installing most of the necessary programs, thus saving lots of time that can be invested in other tasks.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Ninite
Ninite review by Peg A.
Peg A.

"Great tool for automatically updating important programs"

What do you like best?

I like that I can download and update the majority of useful, free software I use all in one place automatically. I don't like bloatware and always delete unnecessary programs from new computers and install the good, free, useful software I prefer. Ninite has all the majors I use including browsers, security and utilities and imaging software like Gimp, Irfanview and Inkscape. It makes it quick and easy to download and keep updated on the software I use regularly. And they have a place where you can recommend other programs to include in their lineup.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. I use the free version and have everything downloaded quickly and easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version is perfectly useful, go ahead and start with the free version and it might be exactly what you need!

It saves me time, certainly. And when I get a new machine I don't have to go to each individual website to download the programs I use. I can simply log into Ninite and download everything I need all at once.

What Other IT Management solution do you use?

Ninite review by Dan G.
Dan G.

"Easy patch management for single, or multiple computers"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to deploy. Command line switches make it easy to manage using RMM tools, or if you install it on a local machine, you can use it pretty easily. As someone that manages 2000+ devices, this tool makes it so easy to keep them all up to date it's hard not to recommend.

Ninite also has an option to install a program you are trying to update, if it doesn't yet exist. This means that we can use Ninite to prep new machines for clients.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had a better centralized user interface for those that manage many machines. We need to rely on the reporting from our RMM tool in order to get the success/failure reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ninite works very well at keeping everything up to date, but make sure you have a way to monitor its success if you are managing multiple machines.

Patch management. We keep everything up to date, from Flash, Java, Reader, Chrome, etc., to pretty much anything else that we've found to be vulnerabilities when not up to date.

Ninite review by Sam O.
Sam O.

"Excellent for automating software updating"

What do you like best?

I like that I can "Set and Forget" with this tool. I have it set so that it automatically runs across my network on a Sunday night and updates all of our standard apps. It is very very easy to use and once set up I don't really ever have to touch it again.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything in this tool. If I had to pick something, I guess I would just like more applications to be supported. Possibly Microsoft Office or even integrated with Windows itself however that is more what WSUS is for. The only other thing is if applications are open then it doesn't run so I have had to script it to close apps that could be open (it runs at 2am so shouldn't cause an issue).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want something that will just work and not need to play around too much with, this is the best option. I left every bit of software in the script to ensure that I was capturing future possibilities and I wouldn't have to go back in and add it later.

All of our standard applications are kept up to date every week. I have turned off the auto updaters on things like Chrome, Firefox etc and let Ninite handle it all itself. It also means that since it runs under an Admin context we have no problems with users not having access to install them.

Ninite review by Kyle R.
Kyle R.

"Fantastic Service"

What do you like best?

I love how easy you can install the common software necessities, how they are up to date and ignores all the bloatware using Ninite. You can manage all of your software with it and update it all with ease. If you configure multiple PCs frequently and manage them, then Ninite is a must. You cannot find a more simple solution for what all Ninite offers.

What do you dislike?

It is incredible hard to dislike anything about Ninite. I've stared at this box for 10 minutes trying to type something I dislike about Ninite but simply cannot. The only thing I could pretend to dislike is how you have to purchase the pro service but even that is trivial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stop considering Ninite and just use it.

I am constantly configuring various new PCs at my job. I use Ninite to install my common basic software on every single one of them. It saves me time and effort, ensures the software is all up to date and virus free and easy to manage.

Ninite review by Torin L.
Torin L.

"I've loved this software for years."

What do you like best?

This application is a must use for anybody who deploys workstations or is in charge of keeping 3rd party applications up to date. The download footprint is very tiny and it does a great job of avoiding the bloat typically bundled with popular freeware.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to see more applications supported. it seems the catalog hasn't grown much over the last few years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is incredibly lightweight and runs like a top. Keep your installer and run it again to update your software. no need to worry about bloatware as ninite screens for this.

Installing software has never been easier. This product saves so much time.

Ninite review by Matthew R.
Matthew R.

"Ninite is worth the setup!"

What do you like best?

I was able to get a custom installer for my favorite programs that I use on every machine, and have it accessible for when I do a new installation of a family or friend machine.

What do you dislike?

If I make a change, or find that I no longer use an app, I have to create a new installer. However, that's not a deal-breaker, since it's really easy to re-generate an installer!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great package installer. One installer that automatically pulls down any software you selected on installer generation. It's great to make sure all your software stays up-to-date.

Rather than trying to waste time with installing a lot of different programs over the network, I can push the one installer, and let it run on it's own, on the target machine.

Ninite review by Christian C.
Christian C.

"The best way to intall and keep software updated in your PC"

What do you like best?

Ninite is one of the best solutions around to automatize the installation and update of software in WIndows machines.

It'll automatically detect which version of the selected software suits best the computer, such as language and architecture (32/64-bits). Furthermore, it requires zero user input (the typical `Next, Next, Next, Accept, Install` behaviour of most installers) and will unmark any third-party sotware that might be offered through the installation process (such as toolbars, for example).

Finally, it's totally free. A paid, pro version exists, focused on enterprises, with more advanced features such as installations across multiple computers in a network, for example.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to dislike Ninite, it does its job particularily well.

However, it could use some more customization (such as the possibility to override the system language, for example). Additionally, whenever an installation fails for any reason, an option exists to retry it; the problem is that using such option will reinstall ALL the apps in the queue.

I like to keep my computers as updated as possible. Ninite provides me with a simple shortcut I can use whenever I like, which will automatically detect if any of my apps need to be updated and do so in the background, without me having to worry at all.

Ninite review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Ninite is a huge time saver! I could not work without it."

What do you like best?

Automatically keep your 3rd party applications up to date. This is easy to do with their well documented command line interface. I use powershell to kick off the install through CLI.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about Ninite. The product just works!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it. Start saving time now.

Do you spend a lot of time patching your computers? Then get Ninite Pro - it is a total game changer, There is a huge collection of apps that it will install, update and/or remove.

The time it takes to patch computers manually is easily solved with Ninite Pro. It used to take days to get all computers on the same version of flash, java, google chrome, firefox, etc - now it is done daily and automatically!

Ninite review by Matthew R.
Matthew R.

"Brilliant "

What do you like best?

I like that this program solves one of my many headaches at work which is finding, downloading and installing software. Its not a challenging task to do but time consuming and tedious but with Ninite its all done for you with any interaction from yourself. If you're a domain admin and want to push software/update software from Ninite you can across your network all from your domain controller! Very handy saving me time to do more important tasks.

What do you dislike?

Ninite has its downsides which is that not all of the most commonly installed programs is on there and some have even gone for example adobe reader is no longer on Ninite. There is also the fact that it downloads everything from the internet which may be a problem if you've got multiple people using the same internet connection all at once causing speeds to run slowly.

I can now focus on more crucial tasks instead of wasting my time finding, downloading and installing software.

Ninite review by Arthur F.
Arthur F.

"Simple and amazing"

What do you like best?

Ninite is a very simple solution that was missing. You can now easily install all the basic software with one click.

It is incredibly fast to install, there is not prompts during the installation and you can be sure you won`t install any crap programs that normally come bundled with those softwares. Ninite just nailed its purpose.

What do you dislike?

Ninite is so good that it makes you feel bad when they do not support a software that you would like to install. Although they do have a very good amount of programs you can download, I still think they could improve this collection.

Ninite also supports update of currently installed software, but instead of being an automatic update, you always have to download and run the Ninite file so that it can run the update.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose all the software you want to download! Don't forget Ninite can also update your current software. Even if you are not reinstalling windows or reinstalling these apps, Ninite will update all the selected programs.

Take a look twice at the Ninite list. I normally skip something as this list can be quite confusing.

Ninite just saved a great amount of time and bored work. It is the software everybody was in need of.

Ninite review by James D.
James D.

"Makes installing multiple applications fast and easy! "

What do you like best?

Ninite is great, I used it daily when I worked in repairs and maintenance to install all of the necessary software after a OS reinstall.

Supports the majority of programs needed for most office users.

Takes around 5 minutes to install a number of applications.

Avoids all of the annoying checkboxes that attempt to make you agree to installing potentially unwanted programs.

Automatically detects OS Version and CPU architecture.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if it still supported cCleaner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really speeds software installation up, give it a go! you cannot go wrong.

Saving man hours by installing multiple pieces of software using a single unattended installer.

Ninite review by Administrator

"Ninite Pro - Excellent simple updating"

What do you like best?

Very quick and easy to update commonly used apps, such as google chrome, java, firefox etc. Good Support.

What do you dislike?

No ability to add your own apps, limited choices in customising install options, but this helps with the simpleness and ease of use of the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free trial to see if the software is right for you.

We use Ninite Pro to keep all our commonly used apps up to date, this allows us to be compliant with patch management requirements.

Ninite review by Bill G.
Bill G.

"Ninite makes installing a lot of apps a breeze."

What do you like best?

Ninite is a simple way for us to grab a bunch of applications in one bundle. We can go to one spot and grab all the common applications we use instead of going to each website.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike about Ninite, but sometimes you run into an application that you would like to package into the bundle that isn't available.

Using Ninite allows us to grab the latest version of software packages without needing to hunt down each application. It streamlines our retrieval process significantly, which means we spend less time trying to deploy software packages and more time helping people.

Ninite review by Lee W.
Lee W.

"Installing Programs Made Simple!"

What do you like best?

Using Ninite is so easy! An IT professional introduced the service to me for updating several workstation systems in a matter of minutes. An excellent service as program "extras" (tool bars, trials, etc.) are skipped.

What do you dislike?

NOTHING, I am using the free version but a paid pro version offers scheduling and remote updating for a larger computer network.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love service and plan to upgrade to the paid Pro version for scheduling and network updates once the computer network we manage grows a bit more

Great IT solution! Updating several programs in a matter of minutes

Ninite review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Everytime!!"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy download of most of the Apps that are needed to get a device up and running for general use with minimal clicks. I especially like that the list is broken into categories so that I can pick and choose the software that suits me and that I know. Simple and efficient

What do you dislike?

There's not much not to love about Ninite. A quick and easy place to grab your Applications like browsers, compression software and more. It's simple and efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Invest some time in thinking about how it can work for you

Obtaining a laptop for internal use they need to be built. Ninitealows me to quickly and easily download the basic platform apps for the PCs

Ninite review by Marco G.
Marco G.

"Great Product For EVERYONE"

What do you like best?

Ninite is very simple and easy to use. It automatically downloads and installs the latest versions of the software(s) and will automatically not install all the bloatware that sometimes is bundled with those other applications.

What do you dislike?

I wish they would add additional products to their catalog.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If their catalog contains the products you want to use it's great. Hopefully they add other programs in the future.

You can re-run the exe to download the latest updates. Can set it up to run as a scheduled task which makes IT's job much easier.

"Good product "

What do you like best?

It makes it very simple to install multiple common applications in one bundle. it is very easy to use and does not cause any additional difficulties during installations of multiple products.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was some more common applications included to also bundle up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I reccomend going through all the programs that are available and seeing if this is a good fit for your buisiness.

Faster setup of company machines to decrease the time it takes to set up new machines for users.

Ninite review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"Auto updating applications!"

What do you like best?

I love the hands off approach with Minute. You select what software you want, click download, and you're automatically getting the latest stable releases of all your software. This tool Haas saved me so much time it's ridiculous.

What do you dislike?

No cons. You do have to run the installation to update your software, but after setting it to run every time the computer boots, it's always run smoothly.

The time saving aspect of Ninite is unbelievable.

Ninite review by User in Recreational Facilities and Services
User in Recreational Facilities and Services

"Works amazing!"

What do you like best?

This (practically) one click installs everything you could want it to! If you get pro it supports updating multiple computers software from yours over the network, or setting up scripted background updates.

What do you dislike?

The program availability is limited, and you cannot add programs of your choice.

Mass software deployment. It is very easy to deploy a new program, or a new update to every computer on the network. As well, a single .exe file can install everything we want it to, saving a lot of time!

Ninite review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Simple tool for updating windows executables"

What do you like best?

Simple tool which allows for common windows applications to be centrally updated by an admin. It works as either a standalone package per machine, but is most useful when used on an Active Directory domain - when you can manage multiple machines at once.

The command-line access allows for Ninite updates to be scripted and run on startup / shutdown / etc...

What do you dislike?

Limited selection of applications, no way to upload your own exe / msi

Recommendations to others considering the product

It doesn't reinvent the wheel, only does 1 job - but it does that well

Allows for applications to be kept up to date and is far simpler than deploying msi packages through group policy.

Ninite review by Administrator in Public Safety
Administrator in Public Safety

"Made my life so much easier"

What do you like best?

Super simple way to update all of the small programs that run on a PC day to day

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I have loved everything about this program so far

No longer need to log into a computer one by one to update these programs, or deal with trying to write Group Policy's to manage it all for me.

Ninite review by Brian D.
Brian D.

"Best of patch management"

What do you like best?

Offers more than its competition in software patching. Ease of deployment.

What do you dislike?

Can have only one technician. when you delete a client it should uninstall if it reconnects.

Patch security holes in applications when they are available.

Ninite review by Umair Q.
Umair Q.

"Ninite is a must software to use"

What do you like best?

It is simple yet very useful software, It takes me hours to download and install each software,Ninite takes care of it very well

What do you dislike?

I can not custom install a software with this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend Ninite to all users.

I used to download latest version and install every software i need and it takes hours to do so,Ninite downloads all required software and silently install them at once.

Ninite review by Josh A.
Josh A.

"Awesome app to install important apps quickly on pcs"

What do you like best?

Ninite has an awesome collection of commonly used applications that makes installing apps on a new PC a breeze.

What do you dislike?

I think that they could add some better apps and maybe some more freeware malware removal options

Quickly standing up apps on new PCs that aren't rekmaged

Ninite review by MAc D.
MAc D.

"Awesome to Downloand"

What do you like best?

Make a lot easier to download software and faster

What do you dislike?

need more software to download, few maybe missing

help setup new computers faster and easier

Ninite review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Awesome product"

What do you like best?

This solves all the needs for updating software. This takes out all the garbage that comes with installations too.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to complain about. Best solution ever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you hate installing many programs at once this is your tool

Quick installation of many programs.

Ninite review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Good application to keep software up to date"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and the ability to keep all my installed software up to date.

What do you dislike?

I would like more customization options in installation and updating.

Business benefits that ninite provides is the ability to manage all software through a single application.

Ninite review by Suresh B.
Suresh B.

"One Place to download all freewares."

What do you like best?

Just do one click and Install all your software after formatting your Laptop / desktop, even this will provide you updated on one click.

What do you dislike?

this will not provide parallel multiple downloads and multiple installations

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just give one try.

Using for my own.

"Best software installer"

What do you like best?

They fact that you can leave the installer unattended and it will take care multiple installs without any junk Ware

What do you dislike?

No ability to customize it for any software

Easily install multiple software and update them with the same installer

Learning about Ninite?

* We monitor all Ninite reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.