4.7
(117 reviews)

Ninox Database for mac syncs data with iCloud.

Work for Ninox Database?

Learning about Ninox Database?

Ninox Database Reviews

Ask Ninox Database a Question
Showing 116 Ninox Database reviews
Ninox Database review by Kari R.
Kari R.

"Love Ninox!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use even for the most inexperienced users and basic development. For those interested in more complex development, it is available. If you are inexperienced and need more complex development there are weekly webinars, an amazing support forum and the most amazing/responsive customer support I have ever experienced. The database is flexible to really meet just about any need you might have, has reporting including charts you can identify user visibility within a form (for the form or an item on the form). The pricing is excellent. I will repeat myself, because honestly I have never experienced better customer support anywhere. Although they are located in Germany and I am in the US Pacific time zone, it never fails that I have a response from them as soon as they are open, they often offer one:one web calls to assist me -- which has been from basic to more complex and always ensure that I have my question/issue resolved and an understanding prior to ending the web call-video chat. I truly love the product, support and pricing!

What do you dislike?

I would love to see a more developed and user friendly manual. But with that said, the support forum and customer support more than make up for this. They are working on options for increased training opportunities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it--you will not be wasting your time!!

Tracking cases/clients, donors, grants, volunteers--you name it, I probably need to track it. The benefits are easy to use, can easily modify or create a form. In addition, the linking between tables makes repeat entries unnecessary and the automation saves a lot of time. The development of customized reports for our board, donors, newsletters and grant reporting makes it so easy!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Ninox Database
Ninox Database review by Anne J.
Anne J.

"Easy"

What do you like best?

Ninox is very user friendly compared to other programs and apps. I could figure it out without help from customer service. I have contacted customer service many times and they have responded very timely. They have also encouraged me to set up an appointment with them using Zoom (something new to me). Due to my remote location, the video call was not completed because of poor service on my end. But the rep was very good about suggesting other times to call.

What do you dislike?

Customizing Ninox isn't intuitive. It might just be that I need more knowledge about tables though. It would be helpful if there was a video tutorial to watch. I live in a remote area and video conferencing is difficult because of poor bandwidth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! The customer service is amazing and they seem like they really want to help. I feel confident in this company that they will take suggestions and implement them if they can. If not now, it is possible in the future.

I am in education. I am trying to use Ninox as a way to keep records with student performance. I am having difficulty having more than 8 field showing, even after I went back in and made sure that additional fields are visible.

What No-Code Development Platforms solution do you use?

Ninox Database review by Carole L.
Carole L.

"Simple and intuitive to use with high levels of customisation available"

What do you like best?

My favourite thing about Ninox is the user interface. A few minutes of my time to review the intro videos and I was off and running. I had a workable database up and running within 4 weeks. It's so easy to add fields, customise the layout and add functionality via the formulas and triggers. The intuitive way the database creates relationships is also fantastic!

What do you dislike?

The trickiest thing for me has been finding answers when I get stuck with formulas or a particularly complex bit of functionality. Because of the time difference, it's hard for me to attend the webinars. I rely on the manual and feedback forum. The manual could be more robust, but I understand this is a work in progress already. The forum search function is also a little lacking. It's hard to find exactly the right term to search to get answers. But with a bit of persistence, I've been able to find answers to each of my questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. It's quick and easy to get started.

My job is creating advice documents. Prior to finding Ninox, I was using excel and a raft of complex formulas to try and mimic a database. While a flat database is not particularly ideal, the power of the excel formulas and my familiarity with the interface made it the best solution for my purposes. As the tool I created grew the flat database became less practical. I tried multiple other database solutions and always circled back to my original tool. Ninox has been able to replace my excel tool. All of the functionality I had is there, plus more, now that I have a relational database. My data entry process and document creation process have sped up dramatically.

Ninox Database review by Konstantin D.
Konstantin D.

"A tool for business and everyday life"

What do you like best?

The best thing in Ninox is that you can create yourself everything that will surround yuor data. Titles, sizes, colors you name it. And if that is not enough - there is triggers that allow to fire custom code everytime speciffic event happens, for example field content updates. Additionally on Ninox cloud there is functions that allow to share via a link your data and you can update the view without resending link. There is also a way to use external resources like zapier thanks to Ninox implementing Rest API last summer.

What do you dislike?

There is a few things I dislike in Ninox. First was that on iPad while entering code I was not able to enter single quotes and double quotes, because those which I entered appeared different from those which Ninox expected. So I had to copy and paste them. Despite all my frustration I was wrong to blame Ninox, because after I contacted support they explained that it is my iPad that turns normal quotes to stylized quotes and showed me how to turn that off in settings.

Next thing is few bugs in using dates, but mostly they are also related to how iPad makes it appear. I have informed support about it and am sure they will think of a way to improve that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Ninox to everyone who is looking for business management solution as well for anyone who is looking for an everyday life tasks management. For example I started using it for business finance, but then realised that I can keep track of my personal finances as well.

We benefit from using Ninox in our business because it allows to keep everything in one place. It can be used in a small, large or growing companies by using payment method "per user", which only limits you on the maximum team members, so you are free to change team members when you need it. To keep data safe and improve efficiency you can create and assign roles to team members and every role can have custom access to every field and every table. For example in my database editors can create and edit, but only admin can delete a record. And thanks to history feature I can track any changes made in every record. To be even more secure Ninox creates backups on a regular basis and if you require you can do a backup manually and download it.

Ninox Database review by Markus  G.
Markus G.

"Ein Projekt ausdenken und gleich loslegen"

What do you like best?

Mit Ninox hat man schnell ohne Programmierkenntnisse eine einfache Datenbank die einsetzbar ist und funktioniert. Wenn man dann Lust oder Bedarf nach mehr hat, dann findet sich alles weitere entweder im Handbuch oder im Forum. Die Vorlagen helfen für einen raschen Einstieg. Danach gelingen auch Projekt durch ausprobieren und erweitern. Es ist auch geeignet Daten die nur einmal projektspezifisch verwendet werden strukturiert abzulegen. Es fast so einfach wie Excel, wenn man so die aller grundlegendsten Kenntnisse einer Datenbank hat. Daher löst es auch die Exceltabellen teilweise ab. Mit ausprobieren kommt man sehr weit. Selbst die Formeln funktionieren recht anwenderfreundlich. Als ich einmal nicht weiter kam, habe ich den Support/Forum online kontaktiert und rasch eine brauchbare Lösung erhalten. Die Datenbanken lassen sich einfach kopieren, so habe ich immer eine Entwickler/Testversion und eine produktive Version. Die Art wie die Formulare erstellt werden ist sehr einfach und trotzdem noch vielseitig.

What do you dislike?

Die Einführung vertiefte in neue Funktionen wäre hilfreich. Jederzeit zugänglich, da ich an Entwicklungsprojekten meistens nachts arbeite. Die Datenbank kann ich nicht öffentlich ins Netz stellen um damit eine Geschäftsidee realisieren. Die Kosten für jeden weiteren Nutzer der nur Daten eingibt sind viel zu hoch. Ausserdem fehlt eine Synchronisation mit Kontakte bei Mac, daher muss ich jeden Datensatz einmal im Ninox CRM und in Kontakte eingeben.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ausprobieren, loslegen. Es ist so einfach wie Excel

CRM für meine Firma, Anlagendatenbank über elektrotechnische Anlagen die ich projektiere.

Ninox Database review by Jeff N.
Jeff N.

"High quality Mac-native database & cloud database"

What do you like best?

• Desktop version is native to the Mac platform, not a port of some mediocre Microsoft spaghetti code app.

• Cloud version can be accessed in any browser such as Google Chrome.

• Cloud version is empowered through Zapier to connect to other cloud apps.

• The Zapier connection is robust, including both triggers and actions in both directions as well as an 'update record' trigger and action missing in many Zapier connections.

• Free iPhone & Android apps

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike so far in the app itself, but they need more video tutorials. They only have four right now.

I do wish it had tighter native integration with G Suite:

• Google Calendar

• Gmail

• Google Tasks

• Google Keep

• G Drive

• Google Sheets

• Google Docs

We need more apps bridging Apple & Google platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it with their free trial. This is a high-quality no-code database and app builder at a great price.

Data repository on my Mac that doesn't require an Internet connection.

Backup to Apple iCloud.

Ninox Database review by Sebastian K.
Sebastian K.

"Is getting better, but unfortunately still no substitute for Filemaker."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Ninox comes from Germany. I think it's good that the forum is in German and the support also speaks German. The manual is also in German, so understandable for anyone who does not speak English. In addition, unfortunately, I find no property that I really like.Everything seems not really mature yet and is not yet suitable for daily use.The new design is a big improvement, but still not enough. But anyway, I believe that Ninox will be really good someday. Bisdahin it is still a long way.

What do you dislike?

Although everything seems pretty tidy and simple at the first glance, in my opinion it quickly becomes confusing. Maybe you have to deal with the software a bit more to get routine. I think the iOS app is not good either. On the iPhone you can not use them at all, because they are in my opinion totally confusing and many features I could not find. What bothers me most is the fact that you can not password protect the database on the Mac. That really is very bad and a basic feature for me. For companies, the subscription model is certainly relatively cheap. For a freelancer it is devinitatively too expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that you should wait.

Not yet, because so far Ninox has not convinced me yet.

Ninox Database review by Christofer W.
Christofer W.

"Best Business Database ever seen"

What do you like best?

ninox has a great usability, out Team likes the quick and easy UI. The whole system is very fast. Another great function is the overall search, which shows result while typing. For the Admin the best feature the very easy und quick option to customize the system, even a key-user is able to customize it.

What do you dislike?

limited set of scripting features, i would prefer an option to be able to write plugins e.g. with JS

Recommendations to others considering the product

start with a simple case and extend it while using it.

We started using Ninox as our Customer Relationship Management. After a short time we also use it as Projekt and Task Management with integrated Time Tracking. Later we added a Offer Management for our sales. All that thinks now are interacting with each other, and it is perfectly customized to our business purpose. The Systems grows and everyone still likes to work with it. It's the first time a ERP system gets loved by the team even after month of use and with more complex informations.

Ninox Database review by Tobias B.
Tobias B.

"Fits perfectly our needs"

What do you like best?

Not just one point. Its a nice way to build up your data based application, combination of XLS, GUI and formulas. I like the possibility to combine different tables, graphics and formulas to one working and flexible application.

What do you dislike?

Sadly its not well documented. Despite this, there are many helpful forum members but you have do a deep search by yourself. Sometimes code is quite easy, sometimes coding is a mess. The PDF creation process could be better. If you are in need for different forms or prints this will be a point to work on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! Many suitable solutions for workflow, build your own interface and combine it with formulas to have a cloud or desktop based database application. Many features.

Build up a database for Wine and Business-Presents. Including all needs for such a project like "one-click" expertises, different export possibilities, "one-click" translation via API...

Ninox Database review by Björn W.
Björn W.

"From an iPad app to an enterprise tool"

What do you like best?

The possibility to create tailor-made databases without being an expert. The ability to adapt the layout and scripts to our needs without having external departments involved gives us a lot agility and flexibility.

What do you dislike?

Reporting should get better, Pivot tables are still easier through Excel. The still missing Undo function comes with a risk of accidentally deleting data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are no database expert or want fast results and flexibility use Ninox!

With the iPad app (in 2015) I was using Ninox to collect and track weekly availability and usage statistics for our SaaS platform which covers 550 test probes in > 190 countries. After switching to Ninox Private Cloud we added managing our whole inventory (hardware and licenses), credentials and SIM cards costs management for or Germany and San Francisco division.

We are currently evaluating if the invoice approval process can be mapped to Ninox

Ninox Database review by Douglas C.
Douglas C.

"Works well in Haiti"

What do you like best?

It's ability to retain full functionality with no Internet service for long periods of time, then it knows what to upload/download when there is an Internet connection.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't always let me know the status of the upload/download. It hadn't been uploading for several weeks, but I didn't know it except to see in the cloud that no new records were being added.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an easily customizable platform for use in places with poor Internet, then this is a great solution.

We are using it in Haiti for a medical missions organization (www.three-strands.org). We are tracking all patient records as well as the various medications that come into/out of the pharmacy, so our US staff know what type of issues the patients are being treated for and teams that come over can bring the most needed medications.

Ninox Database review by Sushil K.
Sushil K.

"Amazing software suitable for all our data capture needs"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and ability to have a true relational database. Have worked on Oracle and other databases and this is pretty simple to use. The display of the child and parent records across screens helped a lot and also while we review the calculations they are very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is only available in the site and is spread across multiple links. Would be good to have a pdf available and also to have also more examples for the Ninox language.

Need to have alerts or notifications for expired contracts as an example

Desktop software does not have a login into the software as an example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good product. Tried other software products and they are nothing when compared to Ninox

Keeping track of subscriptions and expiry

Asset database

Task Management

Project Management

Ninox Database review by Martin S.
Martin S.

"Ninox has changed everything"

What do you like best?

Ninox is extremely fast and robust. It's relatively easy to understand, yet complex enough to manage even complicated tasks, or large amounts of data. I was quite surprised by the awesome, proactive support.

What do you dislike?

The visuals are a bit dated (gradients, fonts), not a major issue. It's not possible to create PDFs on the iPhone app yet, a feature which would be very helpful for me. According to the Ninox team, this feature is in the works.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ninox is a robust database. It is worth trying. I found it to be a superior product.

Ninox helps me to manage thousands of contacts. Before I used Google Contacts and tested numerous CRMs, none which came close to what I was looking for, a solution that works both on- and offline and that's fast.

Ninox Database review by Maria Judith B.
Maria Judith B.

"Ninox Review"

What do you like best?

Since I am in the sales business, I like the fact that I can consolidate all my contacts in one place. The ease of using the product is at its best. It is not complicated like the other database applications I have used before.

What do you dislike?

Probably the only one that I dislike on this program is the separation of databases where I should close one then open another one. I hope there is a way I can compare and contrast both and connect them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integration with Square would be nice for small businesses like me.

I can store information easily and sort the data however I want. I can easily use it whenever I want.

Ninox Database review by Ioannis M.
Ioannis M.

"Ninox is an excellent database tool"

What do you like best?

The real value of Ninox is that it is a platform where you can build any database project that you can image.

It has tools to manage clients, sent invoices and emails, work with APIs and many more

What do you dislike?

Well, I have to think hard to find things that I dislike. I think one is that is not fully integrated into the mac os platform (does not support dark mode in Mojave yet)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ninox is an application that will help your productivity rise up! It is scalable and is not just a database app. You can send invoices, emails, use APIs and a lot more. In less than two years that i am using Ninox a lot of new things were added and the team is very eager to listen to suggestions from the Users. Ninox is a very fast evolving community and I am very happy that I joined it. Anybody who looks for scalabality and ease of use should certainly concider Ninox

I have one platform that I can keep clients database with all other related data. That helps me a lot when everything is in one place!

Ninox Database review by Matthias S.
Matthias S.

"The App for Everyone - Private or Business"

What do you like best?

The best Thing in Ninox is, that you can create Databases without any experience in Software-Coding. It is easy to lern and most things you can do with Drag-and-Drop. So that you can create sophisticated databases without programming knowledge. In addition, Ninox offers outstanding support and for newcomers there is a webinar every week where you can ask any questions you may have. There is also a forum where most questions are answered within a very short time.

What do you dislike?

Ninox has a few small flaws, but they don't carry any weight. It would be nice if you could influence the design even better. But the developers have announced that this will improve soon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend the time to really understand how Ninox works. It is the best development platform we've ever used. Take part in the weekly webinar to better understand the app.

We use Ninox for the complete bookkeeping of our company, as well as a merchandise management program and shop software. We also keep our logbook and our project management in Ninox.

Ninox Database review by Jörg O.
Jörg O.

"Agile, web-based information management "

What do you like best?

Design data model, migrate existing data, refine content, define views, use content via shared views in custom web design. Inspect & Adopt takes place in a surprisingly short time. A data-driven website relaunch went online in less than 21 days. After the basic scaffold stood, it was as with Lego bricks, simply continue to build. Even the otherwise difficult reconstruction and 'refactor' work was easy.

What do you dislike?

Currently, the administration of the 'shared' views is still some handwork. The future will show which central concepts will simplify the administration here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rethink the usage of web shares / view Data via URL and whether a headless CMS approach might not be the better one instead of Wordpress

Combine list entries with matching, time-based, and sorted sidecar content in two tables for two domains. And if changes are needed - collect, evaluate, sort, export, package, upload, unpack data without time-consuming script-based workflows - put them directly online.

Ninox Database review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Excellent Easy to Learn and Use Database"

What do you like best?

Simple to set up relational tables with simple design processes and simple data entry formats

What do you dislike?

Copying Field designs within the same table, especially the "Choice" field. Often I need more than 6 choice options that I need to repeat several times in a table and it is painful and laborious to have to reenter the design every time I set up the choice fields and cannot seem to copy the fields or duplicate and rename the fields within the same table

The Date field has problems with assigning years prior to 2000 albeit that this appears to be functional. Thus entering Date of Birth records is difficult or one has to resort to using a text base field

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a simple and easy to use database that works well with MAC and has cloud based facilities it is well worth giving this a try - especially if you are a novice user

I have used my NINOX database for my academic studies. I have needed to design tables and a database for research purposes, so that I can link authors, topics, source material, and quotes

Ninox Database review by Administrator

"The One Size Fits all CRM I've been waiting for"

What do you like best?

The customer support has been outstanding in helping me get to grips with the software. But the software itself is very intuitive in any case. For someone like myself without great coding experience, but a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel style Formula, it didn't take long to get to grips with the huge Formula potential behind the Ninox databases.

What do you dislike?

There are some features I'd like to see in the future, like multi-page PDF design, Map integration, or a way of sharing forms to be embedded on a website. But its clearly developing well, in the short time I've used the software I can see the Android App will be ready soon, also the API connectivity is making quick improvements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't look back

As a relational database the possibilities have been endless from my perspective. I've always had to jump between software's for different areas of the business. I'm sure this kind of database could have been achieved with other database builders, but the learning curve was always a barrier to entry with other softwares, as was them not being so cloud friendly. I always look for cloud based software as access from anywhere from any device with easily expandable users is a key to any growing business.

I have so far set up a Purchase Order system, with products and an ability to email PO's, but also a CRM, Employee Information, Training, Equipment Logs.

I've still not let loose of my other softwares, as the build isn't complete and it's going to take some time to make the switch with employees, but by putting more of what we can into Ninox, its avoiding data duplication, and expanding our ability to link data which may otherwise be stored separately and less reportable. i.e. Equipment Logs linking to Employee Allocation linking to Training Log.

Ninox Database review by User

"No database expertise? No problem!"

What do you like best?

Ninox staff and other users are always ready to help with questions.

What do you dislike?

Help and forum are sometimes difficult to search.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it. It's a no-brainer.

My business involves very specialized materials with low profit margins, so there is no reason any developer would ever come up with a data system that would address the specific issues of my business and my customers. Most "turnkey solutions" for non developers are far too simplistic; this is not a hobby for me, like organizing my DVDs. I need conditional logic, flexibility, the ability to interact with my accountant's software, etc. Ninox has almost entirely eliminated my need for spreadsheets, has allowed me much better oversight of my customers, orders, and contractors, and I have only scratched the surface with it. The more I work with it, the more I learn what I can do and how.

Ninox Database review by Administrator

"The easiest way to digitize your business"

What do you like best?

I like most the easy way to transform the database to your own wishes. There are mostly only a few clicks to solve your problems. I can nearly digitize all the business prozesses in our company without any programming knowledge.

What do you dislike?

Until now i can't find any bad things. The really good support solve any problems fast.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ninox is a really cool way to discover the possibilities of business digitization and to use it in a few minutes .

We use Ninox as CRM und ERP. We digitize the most business processes in one program. So we can reuse data for more than on process. That's a very effectively and easier way to work. In my opinion, Ninox is the best way for the digital transformation in a company. You can integrate the processess step by step and the database grows with your company.

Ninox Database review by Christopher K.
Christopher K.

"Ninox database for project management"

What do you like best?

we are using Ninox, because its a very simple and smart application, which you can use for managing bigger projects from the beginning to the end. Especially the fact, this application can grow together with your daily business is such a big advantage.

What do you dislike?

We are not programmers, so for us its not very easy to configure highly linked and connected database´s

We are faster, more organized and better connected in our team. Everybody can see hard facts of our projects and can help each other better and easier. We are using Ninox also to communicate better with or extern partners to send forms and reviews.

Ninox Database review by Tom A.
Tom A.

"Great day to be a substitute for file maker Pro"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to navigate through the app, create fields, And manage your data from one screen. You can also view your data as a spreadsheet format which is very convenient when you’re trying to proofread names etc.

What do you dislike?

The only complaint I have so far is if you need to move the window on your desktop you have to grab a certain place on the top of the window to move it. And it’s a very small area that will enable you to move the window out of the way Otherwise it won’t move.

. I am a musician and I keep track of fans, contacts, and event planners. Having this database lets me keep track of all of my records, all of my phone calls and follow ups with each client.

Ninox Database review by Philipp K.
Philipp K.

"Best Management Tool for Businesses"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of the workflow. It's very easy to create a custom database for your own business. And if you have problems with the creation, there is a Ninox-Partner-Network where you can get professional help. So Ninox supports their users very good!

What do you dislike?

I would prefer if there would be a Windows App but i heard that it comes in 2019. I look forward to it.

I wanted to have an complete overview for my business. Now i know every facts about the company and i can set the right steps to get my business growing more easy.

Ninox Database review by Lucas E.
Lucas E.

"Ninox vs MS Access "

What do you like best?

I started out with Microsoft access so I was very reluctant to move away from it. But after starting to use Ninox, I fell in love instantly. I love how easy it is to drag and drop fields, modify the validation rules right there and then, then codes like the one that calculates the age after entering a date of birth.

It is so amazing and unlser friendly. It took me one day to create a large database with relationships I imported from my MS Access.

What do you dislike?

I wish we could design our own reports, because we are stuck to one format whenever we want to print.

Suggestions could also be given as pop up.

School database, no problems so far. Had problems printing, but after today's appointment it will not be a problem no more.

Ninox Database review by Administrator

"Ease of application is excellent"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to make changes and speak with the technicians on support team if I want to change or tweak something within the database.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I really dislike as of yet...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. If nothing else, you can always try the free trial, it has made our day to day much easier at work and our field technicians have even commented about how much better they like using the application while on site visits and in the field.

Our field team has a much easier time looking through and accessing customer information regarding accounts and specifics when on-site. The ability to attach internal documents and information makes their job easier and saves time and money for staff as well as the company as a whole.

"Database for Photographer"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. Drag and drop. flexibility. The scripting. Can be use across different type of hardware ie. desktop, smartphone.

What do you dislike?

lack of tutorial, script samples ( I am not a programmer, sometimes spend lots of times to achieve someting considered basic and simple). The formula is painful, if you have something wrong, then it erases all the formula with error message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use, no brainer.

I had a job to document hospitals accros the country. Ninox helps me to make a simple database to sort out the task, create permit letters (minimize the address mismatch), make photo assignment task schedule, create expense report, etc. While the db can also be accessed on the iphone so it is very easy to update the data on the fly.

Ninox Database review by Dalyn M.
Dalyn M.

"Great database!"

What do you like best?

Ninox is an easy to use database for almost any purpose and has proven to be far more usable than its competitors. What frustrated me about several of the other databases available all seem to work better with Ninox.

What do you dislike?

I think the numbering system is a bit off, but I understand why it's set up that way. I also don't particularly care for the view, but I'm hoping that's fixed with the new update.

We use it to manage a comprehensive PR database and it has served us very well.

Ninox Database review by Administrator

"Easy to use software for small businesses requiring simple databases"

What do you like best?

I really like the simplicity of creating and linking tables. It is very easy to create a relatively complex database in under an hour. I also like the cloud service, which allows syncing in real time. I also like the ability to get it on any device, which allows for portability.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you are unable to reference the previous record created, which would be helpful for certain applications. I also would like to be able to purchase one single login and be able to use subsequent user ids in order to allow employees to easily login and still track changes. I think more customizable forms would be helpful. I would also like to see built in email lists and invoice automation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do a trial first to ensure it meets your needs

We are able to have a fully functional database that connects our team from all around. We are able to take it with us, wherever we need to. It is simple for new employees to learn.

Ninox Database review by Dietmar U.
Dietmar U.

"Individual BPM Development Plattform"

What do you like best?

Easy beginning, what you see is what you get.

Lots of elements and functions.

Scripting for experts

Good support for questions, problems and business concepts

Continuously upgrade with more elements and functions

What do you dislike?

Limited coding tools like copy/paste of fields or printing layouts or code modules

No overview of scripts in the tables and forms

Missing tools for coding, like copy/paste forms and print layouts, comments, syntax highlighting

CRM, Forecast, Offer, Time Recording, Accounting, Taskmanagment, for my own business

Same for customers and Information Security Management System, Warehouse Management, ...

Ninox Database review by Jerry R.
Jerry R.

"Professional expertise!"

What do you like best?

I find it wonderful that I can schedule an appointment with an expert and get very calm, patient help with any problem I run into with my personal knowledge level of Ninox. I am so extremely satisfied that I changed to Ninox and will never turn back! Best product but even more important...absolutely best support!

What do you dislike?

I must admit I would love to find more videos and more detailed documentation to help newbies...

Simply reporting information that we store. Getting the ability to use that data as I wish.

Ninox Database review by Kevin R.
Kevin R.

"Simple & Intuitive UI yield complex & powerful solutions for business & even personal use "

What do you like best?

This product has seriously changed the way I operate my small business. It has also helped me capture information in my personal life and leverage data to become more organized

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am very limited with what I can do with Ninox without an internet connection

I recruit in the sports world and have been looking to create my own CRM for years. Ninox made this possible in a month and I continue to tweak Ninox to fit my needs for different events

Ninox Database review by Maarten T.
Maarten T.

"Create your own custom apps to run your business."

What do you like best?

With Ninox i made my own CRM that replaces a lot of other apps. One platform to manage everything!

Easy for non-programmers for building up your CRM.

You can connect it with other apps like Google Calendar and Typeform.

What do you dislike?

Currently, I'm missing the Android App...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you try it on the Ipad app or the Desktop app, you will love it!

With the CRM app i build with Ninox i can make invoices, let clients sign contracts on my ipad, track projects, manage my daily tasks.

Ninox Database review by Thomas E.
Thomas E.

"Easy-to-use database"

What do you like best?

- easy to use database for newcomers, regular updates, with useful new features

- Support site and weekly webinar offers.

- sync with icloud within seconds

- mac os App, iPad App, iPhone App (with reduced features)

What do you dislike?

- password protection is not impemented yet

- role management is only available in the Ninox Cloud Version

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good and inexpensive Alternative to FileMaker

- invoice management

- warehousing

- rental services

- private tastks

Ninox Database review by User

"The absolute best Database for the Mac"

What do you like best?

The scripting language is extremely powerful, yet eay to learn. Being a relational database, you can set up many tables and link them together, creating one very powerful and complex table on the inside, while being easy for the user.

What do you dislike?

User manual could be more detailed - many features are not documented. Forms are very basic, but functional. I would like to see forms more like Bento

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best database for Mac. iCloud integration enables you to go from Desktop to iPad to iPhone without missing a beat. Scripting language is very powerful, yet easy to use. I have developed Engineering solutions with highly complex formulas. My only complaint is that the user manual does not fully document the scripting language, but the developers are very quick to respond to user questions.

I do not use this for business, but have developed solutions for personal finance. For example, I created a database to keep track of bills. It will flag bills due in 10 days, and provide a link to the website to pay the bill. With iCloud integration, the due dates also show up on my Mac calendar.

Ninox Database review by Alvan L.
Alvan L.

"Excellent, fast and easy to use"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use. Coming from FileMaker Pro I was delighted with the speed and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

I wish there might be a few more tables but I understand that is in the works. Really no complaints. It does a good job for what I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Glad to hear more tables are coming.

I use it to keep a record of all of my talks. I am a public speaker.

Ninox Database review by Federico P.
Federico P.

"Loving it"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. I don’t have a lot of experience with dbase programs but Ninox makes it real easy. Some basic logical functions will be used.

What do you dislike?

Documentation is not the best, you have to play with it and explore on your own. Manual could be better

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. Some basic programming required.

I run an investment family office and Ninox keeps track of our investments, partners, gains, losses, etc...

Ninox Database review by Administrator

"Great for keeping track of vehicles"

What do you like best?

We have 30 vehicles and Ninox helps me keep track of all of them, their purchase dates, registration renewal dates, loan payment amounts and dates, etc. It's very user friendly and i use it daily

What do you dislike?

Sometimes new blank lines get created on accident when one of the other people I work with uses the program. It's not bad, just annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the youtube videos or schedule a tutorial with one of the people working at Ninox, they're extremely helpful.

Whenever a car is totaled or I need to renew anything, Ninox saves me a lot of time where otherwise I would be wasting time looking through purchase documents.

Ninox Database review by Rick Z.
Rick Z.

"I have already recommended Ninox"

What do you like best?

We used Ninox every data to manage our small business. It has been a godsend as compared to other platforms that were less reliant and stable.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could create a database enter and delete button before adding or deleting records.

Customer records are stored, sales leads captured and more. Before I had an unstable uncustomizable platform where data was lost frequently. I will not name the competitor.

Ninox Database review by Ralph H.
Ralph H.

"Incredible powerful while being easy to use"

What do you like best?

Fast, intuitive UI. Able to make custom formulas and functions, real-time working with colleagues, good functional iPhone app

What do you dislike?

Printing in custom fonts is not possible.

I would like to request a redesign of the iPhone app. In my opinion it would be great if it looks like a more native iOS app.

- Real-time working with colleagues

- Custom functions and formulas

- Planning and scheduling

- Invoices

Ninox Database review by Administrator

"A great replacement for Filemaker Pro"

What do you like best?

Ninox is very easy to learn and set up. They have tutorial videos on youtube that get you going right away. The developers respond very quickly to inquiries, and often give you a solution the same day. There is a growing community of Ninox users who are also helpful.

What do you dislike?

The scripting language that Ninox uses for more complicated functions and equations is not documented well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a solid database that doesn't have extremely complicated features, Ninox is a great tool that will meet your needs.

I am able to track donors gifts, correspondence and keep their contact information up to date with ease.

Ninox Database review by Swami Sadashiva T.
Swami Sadashiva T.

"At Last a Database for Dummies"

What do you like best?

Ninox is easy to program & they have an amazing tech support team

What do you dislike?

Creating a survey with long questions - the questions get truncated

Recommendations to others considering the product

when creating survey questions my questions are sometimes long - looking at the survey in ipad the questions get truncated - it would be great to see the entire question

creating research surveys; ease of creating surveys and ease of gathering data

Ninox Database review by John J.
John J.

"THE best database software in category"

What do you like best?

It's very simple to operate, thus very suitable for beginners - and still it has got a lot of "special effects" to explore as you get more skilled.

The help-desk is excellent.

The product is very affordable compared to other database software.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more options to manipulate the UI

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it !

I'm using Ninox as my CRM, ADMIN and CONSULTANCY platform

Ninox Database review by Nick M.
Nick M.

"This is absolutely the best database program I have ever used. "

What do you like best?

The software makes database relationships so easy. You can code if you need or use the visual software. This software prints directly to PDF or HTML.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is you cannot make a stand alone app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an easy to use software look no further.

We have created a Project Management software that all use. From AP using the Purchase Order System. All submittals created in here.

Ninox Database review by Mike F.
Mike F.

"Outstanding Software and Support"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of creating simple databases with the power to add as much complexity as you desire

What do you dislike?

The inability to lock-down the finished system for other users

A multi-level data management system for operating a drone business. Customers, invoicing, surveys, risk analysis, checklists, maintenance records and more.. The added bonus of nebo got able to take the product on the job via my iPad.

Ninox Database review by Armin H.
Armin H.

"Best custumizable Database Application for MACOS and iOS"

What do you like best?

The multiple ways to configure my data bases. The usable frontend or user interfacce. The very fast application response in daily usage.

What do you dislike?

I got the information and existence of ninox out aof a searchresult link—link—link—link first time. With some research I gathered more information and a demo. So, please do more marketing...only sharing with friends is not enought sponsorship for this great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to setup and easy to use data base. Very simple to setup from scratch by standard user.

Project Management data base, portfolio overview.

My skills and competencies as lecturer in corelation to classes and courses.

Ninox Database review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"One of the best and inexpensive CRM software "

What do you like best?

We can build customise apps to use our business needs, we can store our life data within. What not, Invoices, contacts, accounts,

What do you dislike?

Nothing more to dislike to explain. It’s ver good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes it is essential for every professional

I am using computers from last 18 years and I use to keep my business data in my computers but I could not not save my data due to curupt data base, last year I purchased this Ninox CRM and now it is safe and I can build anything for my business use. Thanks to Ninox.

Ninox Database review by User

"Ninox gets better and better"

What do you like best?

I started using Ninox long time ago. The way that you build workflows is simple and fast. There are different ways to build your database - Drag&Drop or Script Language. I created some very complex databases and had nearly no issues. Ninox is slim, fast and rock solid! I really like it

What do you dislike?

One thing that could be improved in the future is the documentation. More examples would be nice. The webinars should also be offline available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hands down the best database app for mac available!

I realized my complete workflow in my physiotherapy office

"Merging Databases"

What do you like best?

I really appreciate how efficiently Sakshi was able to look at my separate database setups and merge the two without any problem whatsoever. This will save me a lot of time and inconvenience going forward.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about Ninox - any problems I've had have been due to my own shortcomings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Artists - you can set this up to meet your own needs, with good printouts as a backup archive.

I use my databases to track art inventory and related collectors and exhibitions. Since I have around 2000 records in the inventory, it's vital that I not lose any of this information. Ninox is also incredibly responsive and easy to set up. I'm looking forward to using it for CRM and invoicing in the future, just to bring everything under one roof.

"Ninox as CRM"

What do you like best?

We really like how easy it is to make things how we like them in the data base without programming skills

What do you dislike?

Some of the great features and especially the "how to" are not so easy to understand for someone who is not a programmer. :D also I could not figure out how to transfer data from one list to another.

We really like the easy online sheet to keep record of our customer relationship data, that ninox keeps record of all changes and the easy in- an export functions & different

Learn more about Ninox Database

Ninox Database Videos

Learning about Ninox Database?

* We monitor all Ninox Database reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.7