Nitro Pro

Create industry-standard PDF files from almost any file format. Easily convert, edit, & collaborate on documents to streamline workflows.

Work for Nitro Pro?
Pdfelement 2x

Learning about Nitro Pro?

Nitro Pro Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 101 Nitro Pro reviews
Nitro Pro review by <span>Owen S.</span>
Owen S.

Excellent Tool, But Occasionally Glitchy

What do you like best?

Nitro Pro has some excellent features and the ability for users to leave notes and markups on forms for other users helps us to communicate more efficiently on our document collaborations. We also enjoy the quick and easy conversion to and from MS Office file formats and the ability to print documents of all kinds into PDF files.

What do you dislike?

Nitro Pro sometimes has issues with crashing or losing customized user settings. We also occasionally experience issues with unreliable file sizes for item which have been edited repeatedly. I have taken files of 20MB, extracted all of the pages into a new file, and saved it at a size of less than 5MB.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nitro Pro is definitely a strong contender in PDF creation software and worth looking at as a small to medium business.

We use Nitro Pro as our exclusive PDF editing and creating software. It allows us to efficiently work on files across multiple users.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Nitro Pro
Nitro Pro review by <span>Victor Alday N.</span>
Victor Alday N.

Nitro No

What do you like best?

The only thing that I like about this software is it's Redaction features. Access to the function is very obvious and simple. All that you need to do is simple click on the feature and start marking the areas to which you want to block. However, before you do, you just need to simply and quickly set the redaction properties, like have the word "Redacted" printed in the black area.

What do you dislike?

After using Adobe Acrobat, Nuance Power PDF, and Foxit Business, Nitro is clearly the inferior to those three. For example, take bate stamping. In Adobe, Nuance, and Foxit, you can set the paper to shrink so that the applied batestamp won't be displayed on top any kind of information that in the document. However, that can't be done with Nitro. There is a setting where you can actually expand the paper size and have the bates number appear clearly, but that could transform the paper you use to print from letter size to almost legal size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nitro Pro is good for those users who needs basic professional features. If not I would recommend Nuance or Foxit, if Adobe Acrobat is not do-able.

As a PDF creator, it automatically solves any business problem of creating legal and portable documents for storage or sharing. Other than that, Nitro Pro is the same as the other PDF creation software, most notably Adobe Acrobat.

What Document Creation solution do you use?

Nitro Pro review by <span>Jesus R.</span>
Jesus R.

Let´s Talk About Nitro Pro

What do you like best?

One of its best features is the ease of converting a document from one specific format to another (either .docx or .pptx or .xlsx or .pdf) just with the adiquisition of the product,that is to say, you do not have to pay extra fee to do it. I think this is a characteristic that you have to take into account since it helps you in the way that you can work. Apart from this, you can appreciate the quality of its convertion by not altering the document by any means, once it has been converted.

It possess a quantity of tools that may satisfy the needs that the users present, from personalized signatures to the point of modificate the certainty of the document, to put and to hide notes, to highlight texts, to create squares or to create content charts whether they are public or private within the document, among other qualities that show its good operation.

What do you dislike?

I could only say there is only one failure, if you would. Signatures must be charged as an image if you want to personalize them, that is to say, it does not own a font package that allows the users to write their names as a proof of their signature to facilitate the process, which could become a double edged sword too, but it would give time saving and comfort to the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nitro Pro is a product with several benefits, although it still has potential to keep improving. My recommendation is to adquire it, it is worht to have it, whether it is at this moment or to have it for future proyects.

This is by far one of the best tool I have ever had. I have practically use it in every aspect of my work for companies as a freelancer. The facility of editing, converting and reading almost any type of document, no matter the content of it, has helped me to save some time in my work for long, especially to send via e-mail documents in any basic formats used by most of the people in the world.

Nitro Pro review by <span>Jeff K.</span>
Jeff K.

Who needs Adobe Professional

What do you like best?

Nitro Professional has been everything we've needed it to be at a fraction of the cost. So far it has done everything we've needed it too and have been very pleased.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to dislike anything within the product yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't checked their cost in quite some time but at the time it was a no brainer. We received something like 6 licenses for a full version that basically had the same features. For the cost, you can certainly try it and not be out much money in comparison to having buyers remorse for the other product.

I was trying to solve the problem of editing pdf's about 8 years ago. We already had a license of Adobe Professional in our environment but only for 1 user. We were looking to make it more readily available for additional users. I received a quote for adobe pro but wasn't ready to pay that amount for something we wouldn't be using every day. I was happy to find Nitro. It has done everything Adobe Pro would have done for us and we have no complaints. We saved a large amount of money and were able to purchase multiple licenses for the same cost of 1.

Nitro Pro review by <span>Srinu K.</span>
Srinu K.

i strongly recommend to all my friends and colleagues its a fine tune tool to work on pdf

What do you like best?

As a presales consultant everyday i used to work on the pdf documents, lot of difficulty i came across before i use nitro. really nitro helped me lot to complete my work easy and faster. we have all the required options within this . whatever we would like to do with in the given pdf document. like editing content, filling the information , converting the document into images all these wonderful features make our work easy. marking the document, deleting options all are excellent.

What do you dislike?

All the features within the nitro is useful and helpful. basically we can say easy to use. what the feature we are expecting is when we trying to convert the pdf document into some other forms like word, excel, ppt and images , saving place is somewhere in the space. but saving location feature also easy to choose like where we want to save , if that option is available we can use the converted document readily without searching. this option will be a added advantage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i will strongly recommend to my colleagues and friends to use nitro 100%

i have solved many problems with nitro for my office work and personnel work as well. l used to convert the documents into images, excel, ppt. so nitro takes very less time and efforts to work on them. only saving place is taking time to recollect the document. we can use nitro for multiple purpose. even if it is a paid version also we can get it for less price. i will strongly recommend companies for their business purpose. its very usefull tool..

Nitro Pro review by <span>Joel G.</span>
Joel G.

Lots of features for a much smaller price than the competition

What do you like best?

Creating PDF files is a breeze, whether doing a straight conversion from Microsoft Office via their integration or using the print to PDF driver. Combining multiple files into a single PDF is simple and straightforward. Adding notations to a PDF is fairly easy to do, as is locking a PDF to protect against future editing. OCR of an image PDF into editable text works most of the time.

What do you dislike?

Editing existing text can be cumbersome. Making the cursor go where you want it to takes some practice. Some PDF files that contain the newest formatting from Adobe don't always open properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are some features that still work better in the Adobe tools, so it is recommended to keep some licenses of both solutions available.

For staff needing to create PDFs and make minor edits, Nitro Pro works great. The annual on-going cost is much less, per user, than for the comparable Adobe tools. Moving most of our users to Nitro has allows us to save costs for all but the heaviest of PDF editors.

Learning about Nitro Pro?

* We monitor all Nitro Pro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.