What do you like best?
- It does generally what you might expect: adding / changing / deleting pages, adding/deleting bookmarks easily, filling in PDF-documents.
- Digital signing works nicely. Even my bank accepts the digital signatures (authenticated with my electronic identity card) as signature for money transfers.
- The price is very attractive. Good value for money. We found the extra functionalities in Adobe not worth the lot of extra money Adobe is charging.
- We tested 5 differenrt products, and found Nitro Pro to have the best quality & performance to price ratio.
What do you dislike?
- When a document is openened in Nitro Reader, and then you decide that you wqant to edit it, you cannot swith easily to Nitro Pro. You must close first the Reader application, then open the Pro application, then open the document you want to edit. Irritating.
- OCR of tables in Excel works really difficultly. When table colums are separated by vertical lines or broad white spaces, Nitro pro will convert the data column by column instead of line per line. This gioves useless results when exporting to Excel.
- Conversion to Excel of a file containing both alphanumeric and image data doesn't work as expected (data on images, e.g. scanned tables) do not get converted in such case.
- It is not possible to visualise different files simultaneously on the screen ("arrange all windows" in Word or Excel). Different files are opened in different tabs, but you cannot show them in juxtaposition.
- You cannot drag one or more pages in document A into document B in order to copy them into document B(Adobe can do that)
- Digital signature is not completely fraudproof. For example, if I change the system date of my pc, I can make a diginital signature on another day than the real date.
Recommendations to others considering the product
Take the time to test the different products you may want to consider before deciding, in your actual business environment. It's worth the effort.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
- combining pages from different PDF's into a single PDF with proper bookmarks
- convertiing scanned PDF-documents into Office applications
- signing PDF-documents (invoice approval, bank transfers, ...)
- filling in PDF-forms, even if they were not designed to be filled in electronically