NoRedInk

Help your students improve their grammar and writing skills

Work for NoRedInk?

Learning about NoRedInk?

Categories

NoRedInk Reviews

Showing 12 NoRedInk reviews
NoRedInk review by <span>Claudia L.</span>
Claudia L.

"NoRedInk will get your students writing better!"

What do you like best?

I really like that I can personalize my instruction. I teach English Language Learners so I like that after the Diagnostic Test, I can choose what lesson the student gets. My students are at different levels, so differentiation is crucial.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that when I entered the students' name, the system automatically creates a user name which includes the 1st initial and last name, but the 1st initial IS NOT CAPITALIZED. I teach this rule and now the students see that a company doesn't follow this rule. And this company is all about grammar and writing rules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish NoRedInk had diagnostic tests for 7th and 8th graders. For now, this isn't a problem because my students are reading/writing on a 4th-6th grade level. However, if they make great strides later in the year I'd like to reasses them.

This program helps me differentiate and really meet the needs of my students.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NoRedInk
NoRedInk review by <span>Jessica T.</span>
Jessica T.

"No Red Ink - Great for "

What do you like best?

I love that it tracks each student's individual growth, this is probably my favorite feature so that I can make sure each student is performing at the level that is right for them. I love that you can cumulative class mastery or each individuals mastery and progress.

What do you dislike?

There have been times when the program has glitched or caused issues as children were using it. There have been typos and spelling errors which have also caused minor problems, all of which were talked through and re-explained.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great program to help support the students after learning the material. For me, it helps me see how the kids are doing as far as mastery to what I am teaching.

It's multifunctional and all in one place. I can track their progress, choose which lessons I feel are most pertinent at the time and have them working at home with explanations to support the work and the learning that we are doing in the classroom.

What Study Tools solution do you use?

NoRedInk review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Excellent Tool for Langauge and Grammar instruction"

What do you like best?

I love that I can assign a diagnostic, then practice, and finally a quiz. Students can go at their own pace!

What do you dislike?

Some of the writing units are currently too long, but I believe No Red Ink is working on shortening those. The lessons do not always make sense to all students, so it is best to teach the concept, then do the diagnostic, practice, and quiz cycle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do think about teaching the lessons first, and then having students use NoRedInk to practice. Set aside some time for initial set up- it allows students to choose shows and books from which characters will be incorporated into the grammar questions (which can lead you to hilarious scenarios!) but it does take students some time to work through that.

No Red Ink allows me to address grammar in a clear, controlled manner. Students simply practice and quiz, and I can see their areas of confusion. I love that NoRedInk grades for me, and I can quickly see where my students succeed and where they need more help.

NoRedInk review by <span>Michele S.</span>
Michele S.

"No Red Ink - Free Version "

What do you like best?

I love that I can individualize instruction for my students with this program. When a student is struggling on a particular concept, I can adjust No Red Ink to assist him/her. I can also quiz and assign practices. The free version allows you to track most progress of the student.

What do you dislike?

I called to find out how much it would cost to implement the full version of the program, and for a campus of 125, it would cost over $8000 with a required training. I dislike that the training is required for the purchase of the school package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for the free version!

We are solving grammar problems, which is incredibly important because we are discouraged from directly teaching grammar in the classroom with the implementation of common core.

NoRedInk review by <span>Sarah C.</span>
Sarah C.

"Online Platform for Learning"

What do you like best?

As a teacher, I'm a fan of online platforms for learning. Nothing can replace direct instruction from a effective teacher. However, NoRedInk is interactive, engaging, and tracks students progress well. It meets students were they are currently at in the learning. That way students do not get bored because they already know the material. On the other hand, they do not get frustrated when they don't know the material. I have seen both sides of this with my students when they are worked on a different online platform. My students as like the fact that NoRedInk asks for their interests and then incorporates that into their learning.

What do you dislike?

The product can seem a little overwhelming at first because of all the different aspects/learning objectives that are present. My students did not at first understand the idea of a diagnostic test. They became frustrated when they did not know how to correctly do something. But once they were through the diagnostic test onto their own individual learning pathway, they were less frustrated. I wish that NoRedInk could like up with other data from different platforms, so my students do not have to take a diagnostic test every time they are learning a new concept. We also use NWEA Map testing. This would be a great source of data for NoRedInk to collect data from to cut down on the diagnostic part of the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an interactive, engaging, and effective tool to help develop students' grammar.

This is solving the students' reluctant nature to practice necessary grammar rules. Students are more engaged than they would be with typical grammar lessons. And NoRedInk holds their attention longer on one aspect of grammar, allowing them ample amount of time to practice.

NoRedInk review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Excellent for Grammar review."

What do you like best?

One of the best features of NoRedInk is that it has the student select topics, TV shows, sports, artists, and actors that are interesting to them. They also have the students type their friends names. NoRedInk then generations all of the work using their selected interests and friends.

What do you dislike?

There is limited features in the free plan. I wish there were more options available to the free content users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great for struggling students. It targets their interests and adjusts to their skill level.

It allows students to be assigned homework or tasks that are specific to their needs. They take a placement quiz that identifies areas of strength and areas of need. NoRedInk then creates specific lessons geared to those areas of need.

Learning about NoRedInk?

* We monitor all NoRedInk reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories