Norton

Norton Internet Security software protects your PC with antivirus and antispam technologies.

Work for Norton?

Learning about Norton?

Norton Reviews

Showing 79 Norton reviews
Norton review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

Norton WiFi Security VPN (2018)

What do you like best?

Very easy to install and set up. I use this product primarily on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and iPad, when I'm away from my home firewall-protected WiFi. Norton WiFi Security VPN enables the user the benefit of secure communication as good as from behind an industrial strength firewall and doing so from a public access point. The VPN is a completely encrypted data stream tunneling from the user's device through any number of secure computers and back. For example, Norton WiFi privacy VPN makes it as secure to make financial transactions using your smartphone and public unencrypted WiFi such as in a coffee house ike Starbucks as it would be from the comforts of your own home.

What do you dislike?

Haven;'t found anything to complain about yet. It's just another reliable product from Norton/ Symantec.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend. Another great Norton product!

Norton WiFi Privacy adds bank-grade encryption that protects me when I'm on public Wi-Fi so I can use my laptop, smartphone (Android) or iPhone, iPad, etc., on any public hotspot without any worries. It works with any public hotspot and turns it into my own secure VPN to help keep my personal information safe and my online activities and my location private! It also allows access to my favorite apps and content anywhere I have accessed public WiFi including at my home. Norton WiFi Privacy encrypts my data, making the information I send and receive unreadable. I've used Norton WiFi Privacy for over a year now without any noticeable degradation in speed while surfing the Internet and streaming videos. Oh, one more thing that I like is that the no-log VPN doesn't track or store your activity.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Norton
Norton review by <span>Frank A.</span>
Frank A.

Norton takes the crown from Mcafee

What do you like best?

I love how Norton does frequent updates to help keep my protection up to date. I hear more and more about people who get viruses or get hacked because they have sub par or no security at all. I like the Norton extensions such as the search bar scanner for Google Chrome. This added layer of security screens what I am searching. It is a preventative measure that helps stop me from accessing dangerous websites.

What do you dislike?

I have encountered a few issues regarding other applications and programs on my computer. Norton occasionally will prevent legitimate and "good" programs from accessing and/or opening on my computer. I have had to disable Norton from time to time in order to make necessary changes and/or updates to my computer and programs. I do also consider the price of the program to be somewhat burdensome.

Our company deals with highly sensitive personal and financial information. It is not only important but required that we utilize the best security software to ensure the safety of our clients information. Norton provides our company and our clients with the piece of mind that our information and files are protected. Our company has not had any data breaches or system crashes since we have implemented Norton security.

What Antivirus solution do you use?

Norton review by User in Wholesale
User in Wholesale

Excellent product

What do you like best?

I like that it keep my computer safe from any potential threats. I have not had a virus on my computer for over 5 years with this program. I am an avid computer user & do occasionally receive malicious software but Norton will notify me, if a program is unsafe through the community. You will not have to worry with Norton as it is always running & stays up to date. What I really like is the power eraser tool & most features on the program.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program blocks certain programs that Norton may deem unsafe. I would have to disable the firewall to download the program without an issue. However, this is what it is built to do so I can't really complain. Other than to disable the program to allow certain files to run, I still really like the product & it's value.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product as I have been using it for years. I have never had any issues with resolving threats on my computer. It stays up to date and maintaining the security system has been a breeze. If you are an xfinity customer then you can download the program for free on multiple computers. I would highly suggest taking advantage.

This has been an excellent product for us. We are able to save money & time with Norton keeping our system safe. If you are an Xfinity customer then the product is free to use, which we have taken advantage of.

Norton review by <span>Marti S.</span>
Marti S.

Memory Hog, but it works

What do you like best?

I found that Norton was a good product and I did not have any problems with viruses as long as I was using the program. It worked for Internet, and email well. I was also teaching and students would pass viruses via Word or Excel and so I would aways use the program to examine files before opening them. It never failed me.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the program became difficult for my home use. I have multiple computers and although you can get a multiple use license it still required multiple licenses.

The software took a lot of memory and that was a negative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I used the software for personal and work use and I liked the software. The cost was the negative for me. And it is a memory hog if you don't have a lot of ram on your system and need to use programs that also take a lot of memory.

It provided the required virus protection that I needed for both PC and multiple Laptop use.

Norton review by <span>dhruv g.</span>
dhruv g.

A good all around security software with good detection capabilities

What do you like best?

Identity safe feature

Backup

Phishing and firewall protection

the detection has improved a lot in the recent years and has become great from average.

What do you dislike?

The identify safe feature has compatibility issues with firefox

Norton should have detection capability of Norton power eraser(a separately downloadable tool though it is very aggressive and may give false detections) built in

That is why some users of Norton prefer to install security software such as Malwarebytes anti-malware to provide additional security to their devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good security software with the best identity safe feature i have seen, detection rates are great not excellent.

Protection of devices from hackers and infections and automatic form filling.

Norton review by User in Hospital & Health Care

Wouldn't do business without it!

What do you like best?

It keeps me out of trouble! Not that I go roaming around online, but as a healthcare office, we need to be careful with HIPAA laws, we cannot be too careful, Norton keeps things smooth and notifies me immediately when there is a threat, takes care of it, and I don't have to even think about it!

What do you dislike?

The pop-ups. Send me an email when my subscription is due, (even if I am on automatic payments), the pop-ups are insanely annoying, for any company, unless a threat has been discovered, then bring those on so I am aware..

Keeping my patients information safe is a top priority, and we take it seriously. I like that I don't have to worry with Norton.

Learning about Norton?

* We monitor all Norton reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.