Notepad++

Notepad++ is a source code editor and notepad replacement that supports several languages in a MS Windows environment with Syntax highlighing and folding, PCRE, customizable GUI, auto-completion and more.

Work for Notepad++?
Ultraedit 2x

Learning about Notepad++?

Notepad++ Reviews

Showing 531 Notepad++ reviews
Notepad++ review by <span>Marie G.</span>
Marie G.

Perfect for beginner and advanced users

What do you like best?

Notepad++ is a free software to use for several applications as notes or code editor. You can also download free options as a text comparative. Notepad++ is fast and does not require a lot of resources. It automatically save the document you are working on. Lines are numbered so can easily notice where you have error if another editor tells you that you have an error on line X. You have also a the number of characters. The code is easy to read and this way you avoid errors or correct them in a shorter time.

What do you dislike?

As there are plenty options, it might be a little be difficult to know all available features. As this software is popular, be careful of where you download the Notepad++.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Notepad is free and easy to use. Notepad++ is not only dedicated to coders but everyone who use a computer. It can replace several software as Microsoft word or a code editor. You can also download several free plugins.

First, I used Notepad ++ for taking notes on my laptop during meetings. It was useful because words and spelling correction suggested.

Then I used it as a code editor for html files specially when I have errors in a third part editor. It easily helps me to find what is wrong. Furthermore, you can download a comparison add on that is very helpful. This way you can easily notice where you have differences.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Notepad++
Notepad++ review by <span>Hannah J.</span>
Hannah J.

Notepad ++ is perfect.

What do you like best?

Notepad ++ is a very useful tool. I like it because it allows me to keep my code in an orderly manner, and make modifications in a simple and direct way, i can open documents and place them on the screen and then close Notepad ++. When I reopen Notepad ++ my open documents and my custom view are still there, It also makes editing codes easier. More especially when the software takes a little time to load and you only want a small part of that code, It has all the support for several languages ​​and the compilation and debugging skills are incredible.

In addition to having many useful plug-ins that make editing and programming faster and easier, it really helps a lot.

The automatic and autocomplete correction function is there and the search within the file and between files is very quick and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It does not show a syntax error in a program until an add-on is installed. It can not handle some large text files. The limit is not visible to the user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

one of the best publishers in the market.

It is very easy and functional even as a simple text editor, it has many intuitive search / replace functions, for example, and it works VERY fast even with many documents at once or with heavy files. When I have to change a line of code or go through my previous code, it gives me ease instead of opening the code in its compiler, which takes time to load the entire project.

What Text Editor solution do you use?

Notepad++ review by <span>Mónica V.</span>
Mónica V.

the indispensable tool.

What do you like best?

I like it because it recognizes the labels and marks the beginning, end.

Its main advantage is that it identifies the most common programming languages ​​and thanks to this offers an orderly and clear presentation of the code (indicates each type of element of a color).

What do you dislike?

One of the things that I do not like is that it only serves to program, to write something that you do not want to change too much, or to put images on it, but you will not have greater functionalities. Another problem comes when the platform from which you work is Mac. This application is not available for Mac OS. and when I want to write large text block cadens it tends to overlap my hardware resources on my computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this software venture to perform your tasks faster and more effective and all within a click that without telling you that you have macros, to automate your repetitive tasks, to further optimize your time and work I highly recommend its use.

our company handles multiple applications based on web environments, and it is necessary to have several IDES installed on the computer, to be able to edit and see the changes in some applications with notepad I have almost all the languages ​​that I use to edit it quickly and accurately within reach of a click I can correct, any error, or add content to my codes.

Notepad++ review by <span>Fernando M.</span>
Fernando M.

the simplest and fastest code editor

What do you like best?

What I like most about notepad ++, is the ability to recognize the language automatically, this saves me the task of searching the IDE, to edit my code but I just do it with right click and edit with notepad ++, plus the application of macros to automate my tasks.

What do you dislike?

when I'm programming, large text strings, the application tends to stay a little slow consuming resources from my computer rest the application is very stable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend the use of this software to all those people who want to edit your programming code quickly and directly so they do not have to use IDES, which overlap the resources of your machine.

in the company, we use notepad ++ for the kindness and speed to edit our codes directly on the files without using the IDE. We are currently working on correcting some errors in the codes with this tool.

Notepad++ review by <span>Rafael antonel P.</span>
Rafael antonel P.

the simple and fast direct editor.

What do you like best?

have a tool that allows you to quickly edit the revision of a code without doubt is fundamental as a developer I do not have to go to my IDE, to make changes to my parameters, I also like it because it recognizes almost all languages of programming with which I work and allows me to tabulate and move between the lines of code.

What do you dislike?

the only disadvantage that I see is that sometimes you do not compile me as I hope of course not being an IDE, it lacks certain functionalities, as it is the advanced and long edition of large chains of codes, and sometimes consumes me the load of resources, from my computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

all that we are in the guild of the programming is indispensable this software to write our codes, and parameters, of fast and direct way it is possible to emphasize that this at the reach of a click what makes that it is very practical I recommend it widely.

In my company, it is fundamental to me. for my daily tasks, since I usually use it very often, applying macros to optimize my tasks, and reusing the codes that I generate from my applications, allowing to edit quickly, efficiently and precisely.

Notepad++ review by <span>Bryan Ernesto R.</span>
Bryan Ernesto R.

the fastest editor with just one click

What do you like best?

I like to use notepad ++ for the versatility and the use of macros, to automate repetitive tasks that I execute in the revision of my codes, it allows me to tabulate, and I recognize almost all the programming languages in which I work.

What do you dislike?

sometimes when I write a lot of chains of code blocks, I do not recognize them and I overlap the resources of my computer, it is not all the time but sometimes it does, sometimes you do not compile me as I would like to be not an IDE you have some disadvantages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it widely if you want to edit your code quickly and efficiently you should use notepad I recommend you use macros to optimize your processes.

here in our company most of the programmers use it for fast and accurate edition of codes, edit host files, some windows servers and for the correction of codes, we need to recycle to reimplement them in other applications.

Learning about Notepad++?

* We monitor all Notepad++ reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.