NOVAtime

Our progressive software and hardware solutions are fully integrated, flexible, reliable, and scalable, with the capacity to fulfill the needs of all industries.

Work for NOVAtime?

Learning about NOVAtime?

NOVAtime Reviews

Ask NOVAtime a Question
Showing 12 NOVAtime reviews
NOVAtime review by Patrick O.
Patrick O.

"Decent program, but could be a lot easier to use."

What do you like best?

As a supervisor the dashboard makes it easy to review and approve employees' timecards. When vacation is approved, it does automatically factor into the time card which makes the workflow easy.

What do you dislike?

It is not always easy to review and approve time off requests, nor determine available time off hours available in-line with the approval process. As you are approving time off, it is also difficult to manage coverage for the entire team without going to calendar or other program.

In our installation, it is easy for managers/supervisors to submit time cards, but non-exempt workers have to punch-in / punch-out and there is no way to default those hours and allow them to edit as needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decent for a baseline program, but probably missing the functionality to make it great.

Managing employee hours worked/vacation

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NOVAtime
NOVAtime review by Jack R.
Jack R.

"Value Added Reseller Exclusively Sells NOVAtime"

What do you like best?

As a value-added reseller, we have sold other products in the past; however, due to the vision of NOVAtime's leadership, we now exclusively sell NOVAtime. Our team is proud of the software, the hardware, and the services. This makes our work exciting, as we are able to focus on people and processes to round out an exceptional offering to our customers. We also use this product for punching at the NT7000-FP biometric smart time clock kiosk, for submitting time-off requests at the website and at the NOVAmobile app, for submitting and approving timesheets, and for running payroll. The software automates much of the process and makes it easy to ensure that we maintain high-quality, auditable time and labor records for our team members.

Here are some Pros

Ease of use - Many people have shared with us that the software is user-friendly.

Reliable - this is really important for a SaaS offering.

Constantly Improving - It is evident by using the product, that NOVAtime Technology is investing significantly in research and development.

Compliance focused - NOVAtime is really doing a great job at anticipating and responding to changes in the legislative landscape to make it easier for customers to remain in compliance with new labor laws.

There is plenty of information on the NOVAtime website and information on other forums such as captera.com, g2crowd.com, softwareadvice.com, forum.novatime.com, Facebook, Linked In, and netimesystems.com.

What do you dislike?

I have written extensively about recommended improvements to the product at forum.novatime.com. NOVAtime listens to customers and regularly works recommendations into their Product Roadmap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our customers employees sign off electronically on their timesheets to certify the completeness and accuracy of their punch times, hours calculations, time-off hours, etc. I have heard labor law attorneys claim that this is one the greatest defenses an employer can have if they get dragged into a lawsuit or a state or federal Department of Labor audit. In addition, automation really adds value for employers. The automation in the NOVAtime software is pervasive and ranges from real-time pushing of punch data, exceptions, and notifications, to automated computation of hours and time-off accruals. We have seen meaningful automation like this really make a significant difference for employers.

What Workforce Management solution do you use?

NOVAtime review by Frank M.
Frank M.

"Reseller of Novatime"

What do you like best?

I have over 15 years of experience working with Novatime as a Reseller, their first platform, the Novatime 1000 was a complete breakaway from what other Workforce Management Systems were doing. It was simple yet sophisticated in its layout and functionality, something that a Rocket Scientist would develop, and it was, created by Frank Su the President of Novatime and a former NASA Engineer.

Moving forward to the latest platform Novatime 5000 SaaS gives you so many options for the collection of employee data, such as, Mobile Devices, PC Keyin, Telephony, and Biometrics. This Software handles the Government’s alphabet soup, FMLA, FLSA, ACA, PBJ. Novatime provides a dashboard where all of the vital information can be obtain with a click of the mouse; need to review the exceptions from the previous day, (missing punches, absents, tardys) it’s right there, no need to pull up reports, just click and fix.

The Novatime Team is constantly looking to improve and innovate their product offerings, some of the latest are

• Notifications alerts via text or email to a Supervisor if an employee’s fails to show up for their shift, or is tardy,

• Analytics, allowing all of your workforce data to be transformed into interactive, presentation ready graphs which are both visually impressive and extremely useful. You can retrieve, analyze, transform and report on any data to generate intelligent insights for one of the largest expenditures of your business, your employees’ labor hours.

What do you dislike?

With all of the Innovations that Novatime releases, it requires a Reseller to invest a lot of time to keep up with all the new features, however with Novatime’s monthly Webinars (for resellers & end users) and Videos on YouTube, it makes a lot easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Novatime Workforce Management System for their Innovation and constant Research and Development to meet their end users needs.

Workforce Management Systems are constantly being challenged by Local, State, & Federal Government rules and Novatime does an excellent job of keeping up with the ever evolving regulations. From a Resellers perspective, I need to have my Client in compliance with these complex rules and Novatime meets that goal.

NOVAtime review by Katherine V.
Katherine V.

"Nothing they can't handle "

What do you like best?

The Personalization. The team at Nova time has been nothing but helpful to our company with all the requests we have had as we merged 13 communities in-house.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is the just the appearance of the time clock. Nothing major.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great time keeping company that will help you integrate with your payroll and will get on the phone if you need anything.

Time clock as multiple facilities. We have been able to streamline over 1000 employees times with the use of biometrics, which allows us to know it is truly the employee clocking in.

NOVAtime review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Novatime Review"

What do you like best?

It is quick and easy to log in and out. My company provided me with a user number for log in, and i was easily able to create my own password to use on my first day at work.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes forget to log out; I wish there was some sort of email or mobile reminder to log out if I haven't by the end of the day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wish there was a reminder service to log out of novatime (i am a pilates teacher so I am not always at my computer). I feel like I log in a lot and then forget, and have to remember when I logged out to tell my boss. It would be great to have a mobile or email reminder to log out by the end of business.

Logging my admin hours.

NOVAtime review by Administrator in Executive Office
Administrator in Executive Office

"Novatime has been my best time keeping system by far"

What do you like best?

I love that with Novatime any type of reports needed for payroll, Labor Costs, and even who's in can be pulled in the manner you want them to be pulled. You can customize reports to your liking an get all the information needed for that particular report. I have worked with various clients who have different report requests and Novatime definitely is the fastest and most accurate way to go.

What do you dislike?

I do dislike that fact that sometimes if an employee is working overtime or double time the calculations can be wrong and go into the following day so it throws the hours off quite a bit. Maybe there is a way to correct this but i have yet to learn the process.

Payroll, Timekeeping, Labor reports

NOVAtime review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"Works, but can be glitchy"

What do you like best?

I enjoy having the mobile application to be able to punch in and out on the go, right from my smartphone.

What do you dislike?

Editing the timesheet, especially on the mobile app, can get glitchy an not work correctly sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Makes it easier on the payroll staff I'm sure, and allows employees to edit and track their time as needed, as well as submitting to their manager for approval before it is sent to the payroll team.

NOVAtime review by Administrator

"So far so good. "

What do you like best?

NOVAtime is very user friendly. It is pretty straight forward. There are plenty of reporting options for basically anything you'd like to report on.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little glitchy at times with accruals and editing previously scheduled vacation plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to research the product/service you need from NOVAtime.

We spend less time (labor costs) on time reporting and tracking because the system allows us to run reports and export them to excel instead of having to manually save and track timesheets.

The calendar feature is pretty awesome and it helps our employees see exactly how much paid time off they've used and the exact days it was used. They can also see what they've requested to use in the future. We don't have as many going over or not using all of their vacation time. Most people are able to stay on track much better.

NOVAtime review by Administrator in Warehousing
Administrator in Warehousing

"Not user friendly"

What do you like best?

Whenever we run into problems, the support team is always willing and able to help. I just wish we didn't have so many problems. Some aspects are easy to use though, which is nice

What do you dislike?

Really glitchy - won't take punches sometimes.

clocking in and out for shifts. better than using a time clock

NOVAtime review by Administrator in Food Production
Administrator in Food Production

"It's okay"

What do you like best?

1. I like the accrual management feature under time and attendance. It is easy to look at the history of time off requests.

2. Their support center is great. I prefer emailing vs. calling. They are very helpful and get back to me within a few hours.

3. Their reporting is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The system is somewhat slow: When I enter time off requests or update punches, it takes 10-15 seconds to process a single transaction. It is slower than ADP.

Nothing at this moment.

NOVAtime review by User in Translation and Localization
User in Translation and Localization

"Used to use it but became obsolete for my specific job."

What do you like best?

Loved how easy it was to use, and how user-friendly it was for other users in the company.

What do you dislike?

Even though it was the most efficient way to track time and attendance we ended up relying on self-reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use, helps to see overtime and vacation with ease when needed.

When we used to use NOVAtime it was so much easier to keep time and attendance accurate so that pay was reflected properly.

NOVAtime review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Had no issues with it"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to submit requests for time off, sick time, and to see your clocked in hours.

What do you dislike?

The interface isn't as user friendly as others.

It helps us keep track of employee hours.

Learning about NOVAtime?

* We monitor all NOVAtime reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.