Nuclide

3.8

A unified developer experience for web and mobile development, built as a suite of packages on top of Atom to provide hackability and the support of an active community.

Work for Nuclide?

Learning about Nuclide?

Nuclide Reviews

Showing 15 Nuclide reviews
Nuclide review by Luis S.
Luis S.

"Helps a lot with React Native projects"

What do you like best?

I love the debugging options, specially tailored for React Native. Makes it really easy to debug your mobile App. You can also do remote debugging. It includes a toolbar that doesn't exist in the basic version of Atom, with easy access to debugging options and a handy "distraction-free mode". A new "Nuclide" menu adds tons of different options, worth mentioning access to iOS and Android logs.

What do you dislike?

Not exactly "dislike", but I feel like it has a ton of options, and some of them are not obvious and lack proper documentation. That being said, it's an Open Source project coming straight from Facebook so I am sure this will improve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time configuring the environment. I recommend finding those options you're likely to use the most, and writing down a cheat sheet with keyboard shortcuts.

I am building mobile apps faster, and also I provide faster and more efficient support to my customers. The most obvious benefits are: writing code and debugging faster, support of flow, integration with emulators (and logs). In general, this IDE helps saving a lot of time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Nuclide
Nuclide review by Josh M.
Josh M.

"Finally a great IDE that plays nice with Linux!!!"

What do you like best?

I love that it's build on Atom, which before discovering Nuclide I was using exclusively. The vast supported packages library is very nice. It seem that anytime I can remember thinking 'I wonder if they have X' I have been able to either find it or easily customize it myself. Another huge plus is the nice support for the clang which is not easy to find in a user friendly IDE.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't particularly like, which is just a very picky thing, is that the startup time of Atom is slower now. But even then it's only a hair slower, I guess I'm just kind of an important person. The only other thing is that one of the packages didn't install correctly and it reminds me every time I launch. Other than that no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you love Atom then you will love Nuclide, it enhances the elegance and ability for customization already found there. But beyond that It offers many substantial improvements such as the languages supported and frameworks implemented. If you are searching for a lightweight IDE with lots of options to meet your needs, Nuclide is for you!

As an aspiring security professional I am working on solving many of the security issues that exist in software. I am always striving to write good secure code and searching for security issues in existing code. It is so relaxing to have a nice IDE that I can make my own and customize for these unique tasks.

What Integrated Development Environment (IDE) solution do you use?

Nuclide review by Karthik P.
Karthik P.

"One of the best unified IDE to build robust applications"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Nuclide is the fact that I can connect to a remote server and actually edit the files live from the server! It is really fast and lightweight making it a lot better from other heavier IDEs I have worked with before. Being lightweight it does not take too much RAM and processing power making multi-tasking like checking solutions in my browser an easy task.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes intelli-sense is bit slower in resolving dependencies and hence it hampers the typing speed of the code!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would surely recommend Nuclide to other fellow developers especially full-stack developers as Nuclide supports varied number of programming languages with powerful intelli-sense and code completion! The easy user interface of the Nuclide makes it easy for even the first time users to use the IDE with ease!

I was trying to build a full fledged web application which solves the problem of expense management at a personal level! Benefits I have realised from using Nuclide is that I do not need to switch between different IDEs if I am working with Frontend or Backend or API part of my application! Full stack developers can easily benefit with multi-language support too!

Nuclide review by Greg S.
Greg S.

"Nuclide could be cool"

What do you like best?

Nuclide provide some great enhancements to the Atom editor. There's definitely the potential to add all the functionality need to develop react-native with. The remote development feature is extremely powerful for environments when you can't develop locally.

What do you dislike?

The tools a little too targeted. If you don't use mercurial or Buck or whatever else facebook feels is the best technology to use you're kinda out of luck. The toolbar should probably have the package manager too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Follow the guide when you start using it.

I'm building apps with react native. I'm using nuclide for a little ease in the development process.

Nuclide review by User in Internet

"Fantastic Code Editor"

What do you like best?

Excellent integration with Flow and linters allows problems to be picked up early. Since Nuclide is built on Atom you get to take advantage of the existing ecosystem which includes a wide range of plugins and optional extras to increase your productivity.

What do you dislike?

The Flow integration in Nuclide can be a little slow (though perhaps not a fault of Nuclide itself). Since this product is in active development they are moving very quickly and it can sometimes temporarily break although it is usually easy enough to resolve. The new simplified install mechanism is much easier to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth taking the time to configure it properly!

We now have a unified development solution across all the languages we use. Since this is free open-source software we no longer have to pay for expensive commercial licenses and we benefit from the rapid active development from the community.

Nuclide review by Tomás C.
Tomás C.

"Nuclide's adventure"

What do you like best?

Nuclide is based in ATOM IDE and it contains a lot of plugins that improve the usability and the productivity of the developer that is using it. It's awesome for web development.

What do you dislike?

I have to think why I would to change my current IDE that I use to develop native applications.

XCode and Android Studio maybe are not as usable but they have a lot of features that Nuclide leaks off.

My main language is Javascript and I was trying to change my current IDE to bust my productivity and it improved a lot, but when I tried it for Mobile Development I saw a lot of problems.

Nuclide review by Tomin K.
Tomin K.

"Promising but still in early development"

What do you like best?

The remote development functionality: once installed the watchman integration is fully functional and easy to use in taking care of file sync

What do you dislike?

The setup of remote development, especially the interface to manage connections with the server and the poor error codes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient with the set up process when connecting to a remote box. Make sure you are using Debian or a Mac.

Personal use to learn new technologies and skills without messing up my local machine/environment.

Nuclide review by User

"As perfect an IDE as you'll get"

What do you like best?

Very clean, intuitive, and productive interface (from Atom); a vast library of useful extensions; pretty clever tools for repo management and web development.

What do you dislike?

The Interactive Smartlog in particular can be a little too simplistic at times, leaving some debug messages from Mercurial hard to find and the user puzzling over why an operation is taking so long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Install the whole package—the extensions really work together well.

It's an incredibly effective ecosystem for developing for the web; I never find myself needing to leave Atom for anything other than my web browser.

Nuclide review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Nuclide + Flow = Better JS Debugging"

What do you like best?

I use Nuclide for flow, which forces you to cast types, which is pretty nice, and avoids a lot of problems that you might not necessarily test for.

What do you dislike?

Inconsistency with errors is kind of annoying. You could correct an error, and then it disappears, and you'll keep working and it'll be fine, but the next time you open a file, it'll pop up again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it and switch back if you don't like it, it's free.

It's just nice for faster debugging.

Nuclide review by Hsin-lin C.
Hsin-lin C.

"Nuclide review"

What do you like best?

I need JavaScript supports,

Nuclide is based on Atom and Facebook Open Source.

Nice debug integration, but I don't know the best due to high cpu bugs. XD

What do you dislike?

Don't work on Mac OSX when I first tried to install it.

CPU 100% issues...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Increase the availability of Nuclide IDE. More stable please. Please. Please.

I do full stack web and universal javascript dev.

The good IDE will help me working quickly.

Nuclide review by Jose A.
Jose A.

" somewhat slow"

What do you like best?

First: flow, the inspector is very useful for coding javascript, second: mode remote development is very nice too and the project manager.

What do you dislike?

I think that atom is a little slow, but nuclide is more slower, and this is the unique problem for me

I generally code javascript, and the benefits are that nuclide is modular, for example: if I don't use hack, I can remove the hack package .

Nuclide review by Dale J.
Dale J.

"The Best IDE for React / React Native"

What do you like best?

Flow and ESLint integration helps to find issues early.

What do you dislike?

Performance loading large files could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Share you plugins and configurations.

We no longer pay for IntelliJ licences.

Nuclide review by User in Computer Software

"Super unstable during early stage but powerful after unifying stage!"

What do you like best?

Have tons of handy plug-ins, and some of them are super powerful, used everyday.

What do you dislike?

nuclide-debugger-node never correctly installed even after stable version and clang linter always never works maybe because I am using the latest Xcode? Super super laggy and 100% CPU usage during the early unstable stage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give a try and won't regret.

Able to use a text editor like a well developed IDE.

Nuclide review by Consultant

"Interested in Nuclide since its announcement "

What do you like best?

It speeds up react-native production by providing coding assistance

What do you dislike?

It's built on top of Atom, so it naturally inherits Atom's bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll like it at first but if the bugs persist, you may be incline to end use.

I'm currently solving web development problems as a Fullstack web developer. I use nodejs coupled with various libraries including react, and react-native.

Nuclide review by User in Computer Software

"One of the best IDE to build "

What do you like best?

It is really fast and lightweight making it a lot better from other IDEs. Infact, I can connect to a remote server and actually edit the files live from the server.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, it hangs out resulting in opening of various docs or even slow typing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would certainly recommend everyone to give this great IDE a try,

Working for front end and backend api for my applications.

Learning about Nuclide?

* We monitor all Nuclide reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.