Numetric

Numetric

Numetric is a cloud-based software and data services company built for DOT engineers by DOT engineers. We are dedicated to empowering these agencies to be more efficient, data-driven, and focused on making their roadways safer. We do this through applications built specifically for DOTs, cleaning and structuring DOT data for use in Numetric, and democratizing silo'd data for all to use. The result is easier and deeper analysis.

Work for Numetric?

Learning about Numetric?

Numetric Reviews

Ask Numetric a Question
Showing 41 Numetric reviews
Numetric review by Clancy B.
Clancy B.

"Very powerful, young company making progress"

What do you like best?

Numetric is very well designed. It it pretty flexible to accommodate multiple scenarios. They've made a lot of progress quickly for a young company and I like where they are going. Their new data warehouse tools are amazing.

What do you dislike?

There are still a lot of small things that can be annoying. The suite of charts and visualizations is still pretty small, but they have the essentials. No significant issues with it overall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need a strong internal team that will fully commit to using the data warehouse tools and managing your data effectively. You'll get value from Numetric no matter what, but doing this will bring the most value.

Providing data in dynamic formats that are easier to understand and share.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Numetric
Numetric review by Daniel J.
Daniel J.

"Business Intelligence made easy."

What do you like best?

Numetric offers a fantastic tool for creating Dashboards, and getting information in a great format. The dictionary terms provide a simple solution to combining data types and sources for great reports.

What do you dislike?

The Dataset structure of Numetric is limited in the types of joins that can be accomplished. With a little enhancement users would really be able to leverage the Dictionary tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Numetric is a fantastic BI solution, that allows anyone not familiar with Table relationships to still create powerful dashboards.

Creating Dashboards that are easily accessible to management, and providing real time data to base decisions off of.

What Business Intelligence Platforms solution do you use?

Numetric review by Moises M.
Moises M.

"Easy, Fast and Accurate."

What do you like best?

Its fast, accurate, easy to use and the customer service is excellent. Our account manager is always more than willing to help and give feedback.

What do you dislike?

Indexing sometimes can take a while but its dependent on the size of your data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We really like Numetrics it helps us view our data in different ways. It allows us to make better decisions.

Analysis of big data, Budgeting, KPIs, Display of information and many more. Accuracy, fast and ease of use compared to other similar software.

Numetric review by Stan B.
Stan B.

"Used Numetric for advanced business analysis"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, intuitive, fast, solves real world business needs and provides solutions at a few mouse clicks. Customer service is always there when I need help to my questions.

What do you dislike?

I have not concerns, questions, or dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Numetric Asset Management Application for your agency is a powerful analysis tool designed to allow engineers, planners, designers, and executives perform analysis, reporting, project design, safety management and data review in one streamlined, easy to use platform. The tool allows merging of multiple data sets including asset data, roadway data, and various other layers for a seamless experience referencing data from various sources and using it to make data driven decisions regarding agency safety and assets. The tool includes the ability to quickly query the data by any attribute including type, condition, and location. The application provides two tools with the following functionality:

We have achieved ROIs of 10 to 1 using Numetric. Some solutions include streamlining analysis processes that can now be performed in a day would previously require 2 weeks .

Other business problems including merging and querying different databases: In the past this required the use of expensive IT staff. These functions (merging of different databases) with the Numetric app, can be performed by trained personnel.

Numetric review by Paul E.
Paul E.

"The Numetric Experience"

What do you like best?

We like the ability to drill down into data, link to our systems, upload information manually (if we wish), colorful display of information, variety of display types, and flexibility in display.

What do you dislike?

I would like a clearer, documented road map of implementation from the onset. Additional help would be some presentation training on how to best assess what the new user/us are learning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan ahead and have a very clear idea of what you want to see upon completion. Work backwards to determine where your source data resides. Include resident source data experts in the building of end product.

We're solving the management of thousands of orders per day, while not missing one, understanding the status of every one of them. We're drilling down, analytically, to find correlations in orders, product storage, and handling processes.

To be fair, we are very new to implementation and have not tapped into all the capability that Numetrics has. I believe it to be very robust and worth a very serious inquiry by any company that believes "what gets measured, gets done."

Numetric review by Brock V.
Brock V.

"Love the product - Still new - but great "

What do you like best?

Love the ease of use, customizations, and easy set up of numetric. As a sales manager, it allows me to quickly visualize the immediate results of my team so that I can make decisions on who needs help, or where our team is at instantly.

What do you dislike?

Numetric is still new, and sometimes it shows. The biggest dislike is there is no mobile app or mobile access. in theory it can work through safari on the iPhone, but it is not practical at all. This is a huge need for our business. most of our team is in the field and needs immediate access to information while on the go. Without an App we are missing out. I hope one is on the way soon.

Before Numetric we didn't have a single source for data, and often times the data we were retrieving was from Excel through shared folders, which never seemed to work, or you didn't know if it was the latest version. Numetric allows for everyone to visualize the same data set.

Numetric review by Brandon W.
Brandon W.

"Best data analysis site "

What do you like best?

I have enjoyed how organized and accessible to data is in table and chart format. Numetric hast the best GIS data visualization capabilities.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have had with Numetric is I cannot extract the data and download it. I use the crash analysis tool in numetric to identify the need for a corridor for UDOT. One area that could be improved is by showing the average crash rate and severity of the corridor type so we can see if the rate provided is significantly larger or lower than the statewide average.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Numetric is a great way to show and display you businesses data for analysis and makes it more useable to your employees.

I am involved in solving the transportation problems for state and local governments. We have local clients who hire us to design land development projects with whom may be able to use numetric.

Numetric review by Austin H.
Austin H.

"Best and most personal CS team."

What do you like best?

Numetric by far has the best customer success team who are extremely helpful, smart, and passionate about what they do.

The software is simple and easy to use and understand yet has the ability to create powerful reports.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that are difficult to find or are in confusing places

Some UI difficulties as far as colors being too similar, truncated text, short or falling legends and squished layouts.

There are many other data analytics tools that are more robust and cheaper to get.

Just in testing phase. We are trying to have a report to give to our customers and drivers that is easily shared and updates in real time.

Numetric review by Mitzi M.
Mitzi M.

"Numetric - Quick and Easy DIY Data Visualization Tool"

What do you like best?

The thing that has impressed me most about Numetric is how they work to really understand my business needs and then work with me to fulfill those needs rather than just showing me all the bells and whistles that their product already includes..

What do you dislike?

I wish their charts and graphs could handle more complex visuals (e.g. secondary axis charting), but I've been told that's something they are working on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to add an easy to implement DIY data visualization tool, especially when using secondary data sources, Numetric is a great option to consider!

The ability to easily visualize data from multiple data sources in one place (and for a reasonable amount of money) has been very helpful to our company and allows me to see patterns and changes much quicker and easier than I could before.

Numetric review by Thomas C.
Thomas C.

"The speed is numbing"

What do you like best?

The sped of this analytic tool is just amazing. I have seen data sets with millions-maybe even hundreds of millions of lines of data react in what looks like real time. The speed is just over the top amazing. Long gone are the days where you ask...wait...then receive. Its ask, and receive. Just like that BAM!!!

What do you dislike?

There are some significant cost barriers to entry for this product. The Numetric team helped break down those barriers, but at first, there was some great sticker shock.

In the RE industry, we are data driven people. We need to put facts to the assumptions we are making. Numetric helps visualize this data and prove to the business owners that the efforts the team is making is in the right direction and allows us to make data driven changes.

Numetric review by Clancy B.
Clancy B.

"Easy to use analytics"

What do you like best?

Numetric is powerful and very easy to get started with. Expert analysts can use it along with more casual users with similar effectiveness.

What do you dislike?

Numetric is a young company and the product faces challenges that come with that, but overall they do a great job at addressing these issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get your team fully engaged when using this product. It is fast and easy, the more people using it the more likely you are to see value from visualizing your data.

The time it takes us to get an answer from data has been reduced significantly. Reports are also much easier to reproduce. Time savings is hands-down the greatest benefit. We also see significant benefits from being able to quickly look at data in ways we couldn't before.

Numetric review by Jacob S.
Jacob S.

"Easy to Use, Extreamly Clean, and Proffessional"

What do you like best?

I like how I can filter a graph to a specific group of Data. It saves me so much time when I'm trying to get some of my work done.

What do you dislike?

Creating your own graph can get confusing and complicated. If there was a way to simplify the information you're putting in and making it a bit easier to make a graph that would be cool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! It's ease of use, and the information you can review at the click of a button is awesome!

I can look at all of our different clients in a matter of minutes. As well as I love how I can have a full page with a bunch of different graphs and charts with all the information I need.

Numetric review by Moises R.
Moises R.

"Makes my Job easier"

What do you like best?

I like Numetrics because it makes my job easier. As a data analyst there is a lot of data massaging I have to do to respond business critical questions and Numetrics has helped me deliver fast, accurate data.

Everyone on their team has been very helpful and genuinely interested in helping us solve our questions especially, Shaun Rosemann VP of Customer Experience.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily dislike anything about Numetrics. That does not mean they are perfect like every company there is always room to grow. I specially like that they take feedback very seriously.

Some of the problems Numetrics has helped us solve is:Track KPI, Delinquency, Department PNL, Inventory, and many more.

Numetrics has helped us realize which departments, metrics, etc.. need improvement.

Consultant in Civil Engineering

"LOVE THIS PROGRAM - IT HAS BEEN AMAZING - THANK YOU"

What do you like best?

I can't say enough - thank you for making information available. It has helped immensely with orange/purple books. It's a great reference and gives me a good idea of what is onsite before I make my site visit.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could select items and export them easier. Especially when it comes to signs. An example would be if I could search for only the speed limit signs and then sort them by speed or mile post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remembering the keyboard shortcuts for highlighting an area on the map is hard when I have not used the program for a while. It would be nice if the selection was more intuitive (button to select). Sometimes it's hard to navigate. Overall I'm just ecstatic that this information is available - no matter how I find it.

When I'm doing signals it gives me a great idea for possible solutions prior to receiving the OSR. It gives me a leg up on what to expect from the OSR. It also let's me know if I have 12.5' sticks of barrier or Texas turn downs on the project. Often these have not been updated, but it gives me an idea of what to look for when I'm out onsite and possible items to discuss with the team at the kick-off meeting.

Numetric review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"Numetric is a great company to collaborate with"

What do you like best?

Rick and Ron were able to recognize needs and keep up with the fast paced needs of our demanding organization. They understood the questions we asked and were able to answer just as quickly.

What do you dislike?

The timing for project completion has been slower than promised. (to their credit the complexity was somewhat greater than anticipated when the agreed live date was set.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clear idea of what needs to be accomplished and the types of raw data that will be used. Figure out how you want to see it and have a plan for how you want it to be mapped inside of your custom dashboard. The functionality is very good and the customization is fantastic.

Less back and forth via email to internal and external teams when a question needs to be asked/answered. Much greater visibility to discrepancies and changes than prior to the tool and little to no manual entries inside of excel documents compared with previous workload.

Numetric review by Administrator

"We aren't the biggest client and it shows."

What do you like best?

The ability to add dynamic columns to datasets and to group users for report permissions.

What do you dislike?

There still aren't formal processes for things like requesting and building out custom coded reports and reporting issues. Also, service when issues arise hasn't been stellar - negative attitudes have been apparent and we've been brushed off in favor of assisting bigger clients. Some of the biggest issues have been communication (both miscommunication and lack of communication) and follow through - as it stands right now, I am certain something that has been promised multiple times still isn't happening, but I no longer even have confidence in bringing attention to the matter because I think it will just open a tiresome can of worms rather than resulting in a satisfactory solution.

We didn't have a real time reporting platform that everyone could access and now we do.

Numetric review by Ramon B.
Ramon B.

"VP, Product Development"

What do you like best?

The visualizations are intuitive, they are adding new functionality quickly, and they really listen to our needs and incorporate them into their release schedules.

What do you dislike?

There are many changes (good), but with those changes things have broken and you don't really know about it until you run into it from the end user.

We are democratizing analytics to all of our groups in our company. With the roll out we are also teaching our employees how to think about framing questions that can be answered with analytics in the hopes of having better decisions, more quickly made, at every level of our organization.

Numetric review by Robert Hunter D.
Robert Hunter D.

"Numetric - Lenovo Tool "

What do you like best?

Really enjoyed the collaborative meetings between Numetric and Lenovo teams. Everyone is very friendly and receptive, which in turn produces a innovative and productive work environment.

What do you dislike?

As in any global partnership, communication can be somewhat difficult when you are no longer face to face. But I will say we have over come these challenges.

They are helping create a tool the merges serval data sources, removing countless mans hours of manual data manipulation, allowing our team to be more efficient, focusing on process improvement and analytics.

Numetric review by Anna C.
Anna C.

"Customer Relations Manager"

What do you like best?

Easy to use well looking at the data that our company uses it for. We had a different set up from before and it is nice that this takes everything we need and makes it so easy and all in one place.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything at this time that I can think of being an issue. So far everything we are using this system for is working as needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use it for any reporting you are using Excel for.

Weekly Volume Data Reports

Numetric review by Nash A.
Nash A.

"Numetric is very useful and easy"

What do you like best?

It's an easy interface, I was able to pick up really quickly, and we prefer it over the excel methods we were using.

What do you dislike?

haven't found anything I'm not liking yet, I use it for light tracking, not a power user

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an easier to way to measure company goals, sales numbers, and information you need a team or company to have access to.

Easier for our teams to track progress/metrics, easy to use, accessible from anywhere with an internet connection

"Functional"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to hold shift and create a polygon around an area that you would like to get results from.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there is not a legend to show the different search functions. For example, I want to filter for only accidents that occurred on one road. It is difficult to understand what the name of that road is to create the filter... I often just have to guess until I get it right. A legend of some sort would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn how to use it first, then it is more useful.

We are able to sort crash data, which is helpful.

Numetric review by Consultant in Venture Capital & Private Equity
Consultant in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Excellent Innovation and Execution"

What do you like best?

Numetric brings an amazing level of end user control and efficiency in assembling and visualizing data.

What do you dislike?

Numetric speed in bringing iterations to greater functionality has overcome the typical new software firm question of quality and speed to development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Numetric is a game changer for end users who need great data visualization, analytical flexibility, technical ease and efficiency all at a reasonable price.

Education enterprise analytics. Higher staff and student engagement combined with better institutional resource allocation. Numetric helps our clients to bring out the best perspectives and most timely insights into how they can better fulfill their respective institutional, staff and student successes.

Numetric review by Paul M.
Paul M.

"Numetric: One stop Info shop"

What do you like best?

An organization has many datapoints, this is one good resource to localize all that info in one location

What do you dislike?

I haven't used it enough to have any dislikes

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't use it enough to put anything here.

I'm not solving any business problems, I'm simply uploading to it for other departments. Instead of having many locations for our data, we just have this one. Convenient.

Numetric review by Lisa S.
Lisa S.

"Very professional, very smart, cutting edge"

What do you like best?

Jake is the best! Easy to work with, very professional.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I've disliked as of yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cutting edge technology and the nicest people to deal with.

retracting and cleaning years of data from an obsolete database

"Numetric review"

What do you like best?

I like that the data can be viewed in many different categories. Data can be downloaded easily.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be hard to get the exact filters you need if you want to take out data. Like if I want data within given boundaries that are NOT of a certain category. Or if I want boundaries in 2 separate locations.

I use this data for transportation engineering. Utah has used it to categorize all the crashes and signs in the state of Utah. I use it to analyze certain types of crashes and view the existing signs on roadways.

Numetric review by Jaron H.
Jaron H.

"Effective Cost Savings"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to upload a report and customize it so that everyone can visually see what I am trying to get across.

What do you dislike?

I would like the feature of visual maps to stick around.

We are realizing a lot of cost savings by using Numetrics by seeing where we are spending our dollars in a more efficient way.

Numetric review by Braden A.
Braden A.

"Fast, Intuitive and Powerful"

What do you like best?

The ability to query and drill down to the data needed is well executed in Numetric. The speed of the application is impressive.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can actually be a bit overwhelming to have too much data and information.

In the transportation industry topics like safety and asset management are well suited for an app like Numetric.

Numetric review by Kelly D. H.
Kelly D. H.

"The features make the software very easy to use."

What do you like best?

I like the way I can easily identify manners of collision when searching the crash data.

What do you dislike?

That I can't print from the software. I have use a print screen deal that is not the best way to go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Numetric. They have great support.

I use it to research and analyze crashes.

Numetric review by Kamyar S.
Kamyar S.

"Best visualizations in the industry! "

What do you like best?

Numetric's visuals are hands down some of the best in the industry!

What do you dislike?

I wish they would roll out the beta a little bit sooner!

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be disappointed!! Very easy to use and understand!

Sales metrics is our go to, we have many other uses but I am from Sales.

Numetric review by User in Computer Software

"Simple and Straight forward "

What do you like best?

My company is a top sales organization and we need a real time fast solution to see sales people's performance including revenue, GP and other numbers in different categories. Numetric allows us to quickly access the data and it's straight forward. Very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

So far I am very happy with Numetric and will keep using it.

We are trying to monitor the real time results of our sales. The benefits I have realized are how simple Numetric can be used.

Numetric review by David B.
David B.

"Numetric"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of the platform and it's output. Absolutely love it.

What do you dislike?

Getting the platform up and running with the appropriate data and BMS to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prep all the detail you need very well.

Much faster and timely reporting.

Numetric review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"Easy to Understand"

What do you like best?

The visual graphs of the data and the utility to show different dates.

What do you dislike?

Posible the ability to add more customization to specific products.

Able to check market tends and areas where i need to focus on.

Numetric review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Great way to evaluate crash data"

What do you like best?

Visual representation of data makes it easier to identify trends and patterns.

What do you dislike?

I cannot save user preferences, so I have to make the same changes every time I want to export something.

I wish I could highlight with a polygon instead of a square, some areas are not in a perfect square.

Analyzing crash data for the Utah Department of Transportation to identify trends and make recommendations to make the roads safer.

Numetric review by User in Computer Software

"Growing metric display tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, simple interface. Very intuitive to drill down, doesn't require any additional learning period.

What do you dislike?

Limited features currently, hoping to have more in the future

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great fit for our size company. Easy to work with tech team, configurable.

Current sales data has been hard to make accessible to the team. With Numetric we have been able to roll out an easy to use dashboard that contains all the data we need.

"Numetric"

What do you like best?

Quick view of sales goals current and past history. Being able to see others in the group and compare actual sales to projected sales. Ability to break sales down by products.

What do you dislike?

I have not run into anything that I dislike so far. Possibly the ability to see more detailed information on cost of goods commission amounts.

Keeps our sales manager from sending weekly updates. Immediate visualization for tracking goals.

Numetric review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Limited functionality"

What do you like best?

The graphical representation of data gives a very professional look.

What do you dislike?

The tool works for basic statistics, but for any advanced calculations requires programming. Customer service was great initially, but then they went silent on us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See if it does everything you want before buying.

We have been trying to establish a standardized dashboard for all managers, but have had difficulty using Numetric for our advanced calculations.

Numetric review by Administrator in Package/Freight Delivery
Administrator in Package/Freight Delivery

"Awesome BI Solution and Growning"

What do you like best?

The views and how all the data interacts with each other is just awesome!

What do you dislike?

As with any growing business, there are features missing but Numetric is doing well at communicating what they are doing to get Numetric to where we need it to be.

Its has provided visualization to areas of the business that we were unaware of before.

Consultant in Civil Engineering

"Good tool for safety analysis"

What do you like best?

I like the map interface to review crashes.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit hard to figure out at first. I would like the ability to customize the reports for printing. Right now printing a summary of the analysis is not useful at all.

We use Numetric for traffic safety analysis. It is much faster than the previous datasets we used.

"Too many clicks "

What do you like best?

It gives me a good view of the important #'s

What do you dislike?

Too many Clicks. Feels like I should be able to bring up the data but it requires 4-5 clicks

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool and worth the time to know the product.

It has allowed us to not rely on one source for our sales numbers.

Numetric review by Agency
Agency

"Pavement Management Engineer"

What do you like best?

The ability to see multiple data sets graphically & have them update with different querries

What do you dislike?

Ability to make changes directly, or ability to add additional charts

We have some custom apps they built with our data for very quickly estimating project cost.

Numetric review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Excellent resource for traffic planning."

What do you like best?

The ability and ease to filter data. The ability see all data and then apply filters is valuable.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. This makes analyzing data easier with all data showing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Reduces time spent searching data.

Traffic Planning. Reduced time in searching data.

Learn more about Numetric

Numetric Videos

Learning about Numetric?

* We monitor all Numetric reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.