NumXL

NumXL is a suite of time series Excel add-ins. It transforms your Microsoft Excel application into a first-class time series software and econometrics tool, offering the kind of statistical accuracy offered by the far more expensive statistical packages.

Work for NumXL?

Learning about NumXL?

NumXL Reviews

Ask NumXL a Question
Showing 17 NumXL reviews
NumXL review by Lauren T.
Lauren T.

"More Than your Average Spreadsheet"

What do you like best?

I love the compatibility of this software as well as the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

I legitimately cannot think of a single thing that I disliked about the system when I was using it in HR.

Solutions included finding profitability in our F&B department as well as projecting next year's sales.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NumXL
NumXL review by Francois L.
Francois L.

"Great Time Series Software For Excel"

What do you like best?

I was initially looking for an Excel-based solution to perform seasonal adjustments on my economic time series as I found X-13 Arima-Seats to be very cumbersome and NumXL exceeded my expectations with its user-friendly add-in interface. I followed their online tutorials which usually comes with Excel spreadsheets to showcase how it’s done and everything worked very intuitively. The software comes with other tools that might come in handy (Descriptive Stats, Statistical Tests, Modeling, etc.) depending on the financial research topic / assignment you are working on. In my case, I also use multiple regressions often and I was happy to find out the software comes with a more advanced version of this Excel tool. It also allowed me while crafting my model to take decisions about variables to include or exclude based on one-click statistical tests such as the Multi-Collinearity test.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, the 1.63 Shamrock version seems stable and loads fast as you open your Excel. I am currently using Excel 2010 but the site states it works well with previous Excel versions. Also it does not seem to create any compatibility issue with the Bloomberg API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I had a specific question that was not covered in the tutorials and I got an answer within 24h which proves NumXL is a developer listening to its customers and therefore worth purchasing the product from. Thanks again!

Seasonal adjustments of various economic time series for modeling purposes and more.

What Other Office solution do you use?

NumXL review by User

"Outstanding functionality and the best customer service I've ever experienced"

What do you like best?

NumXL is an extremely useful suite of statistical analysis tools that allow users to easily perform a wide set of tasks relevant to empirical work ranging from data summary to forecasting. The interface is intuitive and easy to use and the application is constantly being updated and further developed. The app itself deserves high praise as I do not think there is any comparable tool at least for Excel. However, in my opinion, the responsiveness and genuine customer service vocation of the team of developers is what sets NumXL apart from other Excel add-ins. The team behind NumXL is very eager to troubleshoot the app with a confused user (even late on a sunny Friday afternoon via phone) or to choose which features to add next based on customer surveys. Add to this a comprehensive set of white papers and examples and the result is an absolutely indispensable software for anyone doing empirical work using Excel (financial analysts, scientists, marketing analysts, journalists, office managers, supply chain managers, etc.).

What do you dislike?

There's nothing about NumXL I don't like. And whenever there is a feature I'd like to see, the development team of NUMXL tends to be very responsive to suggestions/requests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it

Enables me to forecast, estimate, and perform all sorts of relatively advanced statistical analyses within Excel and without having to send the data to other statistical software such as R or Stata

NumXL review by Calen C.
Calen C.

"Strong product with solid customer support. "

What do you like best?

Very easy to work with, especially being a simple add-on in Excel. I can easily seasonally adjust all data, forecast, and more. The customer support is one of the best I have ever experienced, which has been a huge benefit. I have reached out with questions late on Sunday evenings and have gotten them answered immediately. Now that is customer support!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. At first it may seem complex, but the online tutorials and customer support literally walk you thru everything you need to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free trial first. Watch the video tutorials and reach out to customer support with any questions.

Working with many years of data for multiple sectors to seasonally adjust, find trends, and even forecast. I have come to realize how easy NumXL makes all of this with an easy to use add-on in Excel, along with top notch video tutorials and customer support.

NumXL review by Predrag S.
Predrag S.

"Excellent software, excellent support!"

What do you like best?

NumXL is a great software. It gives you the opportunity to manage complex calculations in a simple matter (GARCH, EGARCH, ARIMA to name a few) and it is very easy to apply the formulas on large sets of data. Very reasonably priced as well.

What do you dislike?

I actually never had any problems using the software and no dislikes. On one occasion I wanted a more thorough explanation of the formulas used and how they handled the data. This was provided to me very quickly by the support staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many comprehensive guides on YouTube that explain the models and have step-by-step tutorials. If you need further support, you can just contact NumXL and receive very professional support no matter what questions you may have.

The program also allows you to customize the output that is sought after.

Regarding the support, it is the best I have experienced so far. The staff is very eager to help and offers detailed explanations through email, video conferences etc. They can even take a look at your spreadsheets and suggest changes, adjust problems that have occurred. Mohamad helped me in all my enquiries and was very professional.

Very reasonably priced as well.

I used NumXL for volatility modeling with GARCH and EGARCH. The software offers even much more than I have tried so far.

NumXL review by Vineet T.
Vineet T.

"Fantatsic resource and must have Add-in for someone depending on MS-Excel."

What do you like best?

Great product with fantastic customer services.

User Friendliness is the foremost strength I reckon. Its functions are intuitive and easy to follow. Online tutorials are fantastic and videos are amazing. Customer service is outstanding and very good value for your money overall.

I reckon its a strong bridge between excel and any other sophisticated Statistical Software. Pure Statistical software could be expensive and intimidating to use. This one covers most of the high-end stats used generally.

I thoroughly recommend it.

What do you dislike?

Difficult question to answer. I would have to explore it lot more to something needed. That too if I could. For routine to advance statistical work, this is fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though I am still using trial version, however I would happily pay for this service. This is MUST-HAVE add-in in excel.

I am using it for my research work. It has expedited lots of my work. Excel suffers from lots of issues even in simple analysis like Linear regressions. For example, what happens to pairs with missing values? Excel has no way out to such a commonly occurring issue. NumXL does. which makes my coefficients robust. Simple and yet powerful tool. Could not explore lot more, but I am sure ill find lots of hidden treasures in it.

NumXL review by Adam K.
Adam K.

"Excellent, easy to use statistical software"

What do you like best?

The ease with which I can utilize each function in the program and the fact that they come with clear cut examples, explanations and tutorials. Best of all, it is all excel based, which is use extensively in my line of work for time series analysis. The speed at which complex calculations are performed is also a huge plus as far as excel add-ins are concerned (ARMA, Garch, PCA, Fourier).

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Mohamad is constantly improving the product and very easy to communicate with from a service/troubleshooting perspective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would at least trial the product, go through all the YouTube videos and examples with documentation on the website. Very user friendly product and their support in helping with your more technical questions is always something great to fall back on worst comes to worst. Plus, you're not paying an arm and a leg for it, so that needs to be taken into consideration as well.

I do extensive data analysis and lots of ad-hoc number crunching studies in trading and research with regards to oil and energy markets every day. NumXL has been a tremendous benefit in my line of work, especially taking into consideration what the cost is.

NumXL review by Nigel C.
Nigel C.

"NumXL examples"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the tutorials and education that the NumXL team puts together. More examples are always appreciated to fully appreciate these complex topics. Keep up the good work.

I like that they have videos and PDF files as well as example spreadsheets that I can download. There is also a numbe rof the videos on YouTube but that is blocked by my company so I have to watch at home.

What do you dislike?

I wonder if there is an opportunity for NumXL staff to deliver even more value.

I watched the Fourier video as that aspect interests me. What was missing for me at the end of the video was a sense of its application. How can this technique be used? What value is there in the client learning and executing this process?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free trial and review the videos and PDFs.

Time series analysis, forecasting, data analysis, etc.

NumXL review by Miguel R.
Miguel R.

"Excellent product but still missing some of the features of mathlab or stata"

What do you like best?

Easy interface, excellent support and lots of good white papers with easy to understand examples. Good software for basic, medium econometric needs at the business level. No programing necessary.

What do you dislike?

Lack of simultaneous equations and parameter restrictions.

Business forecasting, volatility forecasting.

NumXL review by Bikramaditya G.
Bikramaditya G.

"NumXL Review"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, ease at operations and ease of interpretations.

What do you dislike?

Less number of graphs and absence of neural network or random forest/ Support Vector Machine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

People can use it for user friendly way of simple statistical tool to complex analytics in one shot.

I am using it as part of my regular academic research and not for any business purpose.

NumXL review by Jeffrey S.
Jeffrey S.

"Simply the best econometric Excel add-in on the market."

What do you like best?

NumXL continues to evolve by adding additional functionality, tools and econometric models. The software is easy to use, has excellent model documentation including sample models, and customer support is simply the best that I have ever experienced. When I have had questions, they are answered promptly and effectively.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure there is anything to dislike about NumXL.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try out the software and don't be afraid to ask Mohamad any questions you might have, technical or otherwise.

Time series econometric and statistical problems related to a variety of problems in financial economics. The greatest benefit of NumXL is access to state of the art econometric models from within Excel.

NumXL review by Jorge H. C.
Jorge H. C.

"Excelent software and Superb Service"

What do you like best?

You can apply very sofisticated models for forecasting in Excel, all the calculations are transparent for you and the results are very easy to visualice. Furthermore you get tips and tutorial with examples that are very helpful to decide what is the best model to use.

What do you dislike?

So far I have no issues to complain or dislike, Mr Mohamad is continuosly improvement the application.

I am working with diferent inventory management models, in wich forecasting is an important input for the model. Forecasting accuracy is a key for good Inventory Management. NumXL is an excellent tool for this purpose.

NumXL review by Jeroen J.
Jeroen J.

"Easy to use statistical software great for time series forcasting purposes."

What do you like best?

The easyness of use is great. I also like the extended youtube tutorials and bootcamps that'll get you up to speed in no time. The customer service is second to none, an example for many around.

What do you dislike?

There is not anything I partcularly dislike about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service is great on this product and new releases are frequent, adding new and improved functionality on an ongoing basis.

I mainly use NUMxl for forcasting purposes. Forecasting is made easy and straightforward by this tooling. Saving you lots of time and giving remarkable accuracy.

NumXL review by James D.
James D.

"value for money"

What do you like best?

great tool for a fraction of the price that you pay for 3rd party software providers

What do you dislike?

no dislikes at the moment, it is designed to work well with inherent excel/vba functionality

Recommendations to others considering the product

it is a great tool for modelling if you don't want to pay for an expensive software package.

i create time series models, the benefits is that many of the maths that i need are automated.

NumXL review by Pete F.
Pete F.

"Excellent product and exceptional service"

What do you like best?

Heaps of functionality, very easy to use (even for a non-expert) and a level of customer support that is truly exceptional.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I've found that I don't like yet.

I'm using it to assist with the creation of trend and seasonally adjusted series for regional economic data. NumXL has made the whole process a lot quicker and more accurate. I'm using it most days so it's saving me a ton of time.

NumXL review by Richard D.
Richard D.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

NumXL's customer service is fanatically good -- this is critical for any end user to come up to speed on the product. I use many Excel add-ins, but what I like about NumXL is its user-friendly design and uncommon functions (like AIC, SBIC, and Fourier transform). I use it every day, and it's a great value.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I dislike about NumXL.

I do time-series analysis every day, and I'm using NumXL every day.

NumXL review by User

"A very quick and easy way to undertake time series analysis. "

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the system and the diversity of tests available with more coming online. I primarily got the system for PCA but have found myself using most of the other options.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. Outlier treatment will be helpful when it arrives. .

Timeseries analysis of data and modelling. The benefits have been from being able to do these tests quickly on excel data. Without a strong coding background, it has saved a lot of time.

Learning about NumXL?

* We monitor all NumXL reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.