NumXL

NumXL is a suite of time series Excel add-ins. It transforms your Microsoft Excel application into a first-class time series software and econometrics tool, offering the kind of statistical accuracy offered by the far more expensive statistical packages.

Work for NumXL?

Learning about NumXL?

NumXL Reviews

Ask NumXL a Question
Showing 17 NumXL reviews
NumXL review by <span>Lauren T.</span>
Lauren T.

More Than your Average Spreadsheet

What do you like best?

I love the compatibility of this software as well as the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

I legitimately cannot think of a single thing that I disliked about the system when I was using it in HR.

Solutions included finding profitability in our F&B department as well as projecting next year's sales.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NumXL
NumXL review by <span>Francois L.</span>
Francois L.

Great Time Series Software For Excel

What do you like best?

I was initially looking for an Excel-based solution to perform seasonal adjustments on my economic time series as I found X-13 Arima-Seats to be very cumbersome and NumXL exceeded my expectations with its user-friendly add-in interface. I followed their online tutorials which usually comes with Excel spreadsheets to showcase how it’s done and everything worked very intuitively. The software comes with other tools that might come in handy (Descriptive Stats, Statistical Tests, Modeling, etc.) depending on the financial research topic / assignment you are working on. In my case, I also use multiple regressions often and I was happy to find out the software comes with a more advanced version of this Excel tool. It also allowed me while crafting my model to take decisions about variables to include or exclude based on one-click statistical tests such as the Multi-Collinearity test.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, the 1.63 Shamrock version seems stable and loads fast as you open your Excel. I am currently using Excel 2010 but the site states it works well with previous Excel versions. Also it does not seem to create any compatibility issue with the Bloomberg API.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I had a specific question that was not covered in the tutorials and I got an answer within 24h which proves NumXL is a developer listening to its customers and therefore worth purchasing the product from. Thanks again!

Seasonal adjustments of various economic time series for modeling purposes and more.

What Other Office solution do you use?

NumXL review by User

Outstanding functionality and the best customer service I've ever experienced

What do you like best?

NumXL is an extremely useful suite of statistical analysis tools that allow users to easily perform a wide set of tasks relevant to empirical work ranging from data summary to forecasting. The interface is intuitive and easy to use and the application is constantly being updated and further developed. The app itself deserves high praise as I do not think there is any comparable tool at least for Excel. However, in my opinion, the responsiveness and genuine customer service vocation of the team of developers is what sets NumXL apart from other Excel add-ins. The team behind NumXL is very eager to troubleshoot the app with a confused user (even late on a sunny Friday afternoon via phone) or to choose which features to add next based on customer surveys. Add to this a comprehensive set of white papers and examples and the result is an absolutely indispensable software for anyone doing empirical work using Excel (financial analysts, scientists, marketing analysts, journalists, office managers, supply chain managers, etc.).

What do you dislike?

There's nothing about NumXL I don't like. And whenever there is a feature I'd like to see, the development team of NUMXL tends to be very responsive to suggestions/requests.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it

Enables me to forecast, estimate, and perform all sorts of relatively advanced statistical analyses within Excel and without having to send the data to other statistical software such as R or Stata

NumXL review by <span>Calen C.</span>
Calen C.

Strong product with solid customer support.

What do you like best?

Very easy to work with, especially being a simple add-on in Excel. I can easily seasonally adjust all data, forecast, and more. The customer support is one of the best I have ever experienced, which has been a huge benefit. I have reached out with questions late on Sunday evenings and have gotten them answered immediately. Now that is customer support!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. At first it may seem complex, but the online tutorials and customer support literally walk you thru everything you need to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free trial first. Watch the video tutorials and reach out to customer support with any questions.

Working with many years of data for multiple sectors to seasonally adjust, find trends, and even forecast. I have come to realize how easy NumXL makes all of this with an easy to use add-on in Excel, along with top notch video tutorials and customer support.

NumXL review by <span>Predrag S.</span>
Predrag S.

Excellent software, excellent support!

What do you like best?

NumXL is a great software. It gives you the opportunity to manage complex calculations in a simple matter (GARCH, EGARCH, ARIMA to name a few) and it is very easy to apply the formulas on large sets of data. Very reasonably priced as well.

What do you dislike?

I actually never had any problems using the software and no dislikes. On one occasion I wanted a more thorough explanation of the formulas used and how they handled the data. This was provided to me very quickly by the support staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many comprehensive guides on YouTube that explain the models and have step-by-step tutorials. If you need further support, you can just contact NumXL and receive very professional support no matter what questions you may have.

The program also allows you to customize the output that is sought after.

Regarding the support, it is the best I have experienced so far. The staff is very eager to help and offers detailed explanations through email, video conferences etc. They can even take a look at your spreadsheets and suggest changes, adjust problems that have occurred. Mohamad helped me in all my enquiries and was very professional.

Very reasonably priced as well.

I used NumXL for volatility modeling with GARCH and EGARCH. The software offers even much more than I have tried so far.

NumXL review by <span>Vineet T.</span>
Vineet T.

Fantatsic resource and must have Add-in for someone depending on MS-Excel.

What do you like best?

Great product with fantastic customer services.

User Friendliness is the foremost strength I reckon. Its functions are intuitive and easy to follow. Online tutorials are fantastic and videos are amazing. Customer service is outstanding and very good value for your money overall.

I reckon its a strong bridge between excel and any other sophisticated Statistical Software. Pure Statistical software could be expensive and intimidating to use. This one covers most of the high-end stats used generally.

I thoroughly recommend it.

What do you dislike?

Difficult question to answer. I would have to explore it lot more to something needed. That too if I could. For routine to advance statistical work, this is fantastic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Though I am still using trial version, however I would happily pay for this service. This is MUST-HAVE add-in in excel.

I am using it for my research work. It has expedited lots of my work. Excel suffers from lots of issues even in simple analysis like Linear regressions. For example, what happens to pairs with missing values? Excel has no way out to such a commonly occurring issue. NumXL does. which makes my coefficients robust. Simple and yet powerful tool. Could not explore lot more, but I am sure ill find lots of hidden treasures in it.

Learning about NumXL?

* We monitor all NumXL reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.