Nutshell

Nutshell is CRM software that helps small-business sales reps win more deals.

Work for Nutshell?

Learning about Nutshell?

Nutshell Reviews

Showing 170 Nutshell reviews
Nutshell review by Anisa C.
Anisa C.

"Exceedingly great service"

What do you like best?

I'm glad that the program hava a trial version, and in two weeks you will really understand whether it suits you or not, the program completely suited our requirements. The first thing that pleased us with this program was that we could easily drop our contacts, calendars, and emails, wherever they were from us. It was simple enough to drive all contacts, business cards. Our team often has to track the trend of our team or analyze the transactions that we lost, thanks to Nutshell it becomes, perhaps.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a problem with e-mails, but it's all fixable and not so serious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to simplify your work, improve and track your performance before this program is for you. She will not disappoint you.

Nutshell helps keep me informed of everything that will happen during the day. As I already wrote, it helps to easily make reports on work. It's enough to communicate quickly and easily with the team using mobile notification.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Nutshell
Nutshell review by Abram C.
Abram C.

"Easy to use CRM for Small businesses"

What do you like best?

I used and analyzed in many CRMs as a consultant. I believe Nutshell to be the easiest to navigate, both in desktop and mobile versions, with a high level of customization ability. Nutshell is the best CRM for generating sales of cadence in a team based on the sales process. This intelligence and setting function also helps me really understand who my customers are, where we are in a relationship, and how to take it to the next level.

What do you dislike?

I have not negative emotions! With each new release there is a lot of good that somehow made it even better. I can not wait to see where this program might be in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Train your companies through their installations, super to remember that daily users have to do and see = do it for them. Use management reports to pull what you need.

We needed an integrated CRM system that could help our small software companies grow and prosper. As part of what we need to automate much of the inbound sales, lead generation and pipeline management as possible. The nutshell was an excellent tool for us.

What CRM solution do you use?

Nutshell review by Shawnna C.
Shawnna C.

"All tools which we need to run our business."

What do you like best?

As for me, I like in Nutshell that I can easily find any contact, clients or conversation which I urgently need.

I have a wonderful system for automating sales operation. With this platform, I can track or view my leads. Hand in hand I can work with all my team on one page. Also, it is great to see a report of all our productiveness.

What do you dislike?

I guess the all working process with our report should be much easy and simple to understand. Actually, it is will helps to new users. Generally, the software is the good working system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, I recommend that software. The software is useful for most people. Will helps you to create wonderful sales process. I guess we found an easy way to use CRM that does anything that we need it. I hope you will like it and it is will be a good key to your working routine.

Now we can combine and centralizes the working tools which we are used to running our company. Great working ways with calendars or Microsoft Office email with all of this we don't need to have an IT department.

Nutshell review by Lin N.
Lin N.

"Better to be with the report about everything."

What do you like best?

I can see the most important and up-to-date info for every individual and company our sales team cooperate with. Much easy I can sync my phone contacts, collect leads from our site, or scan business cards in the one minute.Nutshell provides easy access to customer data through the search function. We have the ability to register actions and make notes about interactions with the client. This makes my work much easier and more efficient!

What do you dislike?

I never have a problem with Nutshell. All process is really very easy and understandable. I can work calm and don't think that some problems can come during the working duties.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this software, you will forget about stressing about forgotten duty and blown deadlines. Also, you will have the ability to work with board view is the interactive method to control your pipeline. Drag and drop conduct to the next sales step and mark trade as won or canceled. much easy to control the overall health of your pipeline and faster see what needs to be done next. Definitely, I recommend.

We are always sure that every deal is handled by the rep who’s most probably to close it, based on criteria such as product type, or lead source. Faster see what needs to happen next on either deal and speed up the onboarding of new sales managers.

Nutshell review by Phil C.
Phil C.

"Great, easy to use CRM with fast and easy start-up"

What do you like best?

As a web-based CRM, Nutshell perfectly balances having enough functionality without becoming a chore to setup and maintain. Having transitioned from a legacy CRM (Goldmine), Nutshell checked all the boxes as it pertains to a modern CRM, including multiple user access, mobile app (iOS and Android) and cross-platform (PC or Mac) support.

What do you dislike?

The integration with my Google Calendar is great, but every now and then, I'll end up with duplicate entries. This is not a major issue, but it does get annoying. There's also a minor formatting issue I have with the way Nutshell creates events locally (and in Google Calendar), where it automatically appends Company and People names to the Title of the event and also includes all People in the Agenda field. This might be fine for some users, but I'd prefer if there were a way to alter this behavior.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a ton of CRMs available, but Nutshell cuts through the crap and provides exactly the features most users need without bogging you down with extra stuff that looks/sounds great but turns out to be more trouble than it's worth!

Having a mobile CRM tool that can provide, contact info, task and activity management, and pipeline management from wherever I may be sitting.

Nutshell review by Scottie G.
Scottie G.

"Keep all your process in the comfortable place."

What do you like best?

I'm glad that I have the ability to work with more clear and organized program where I will sort all my conversation, contacts and my customer's list. All my sales function is automatic which allows me to know everything.

What do you dislike?

I found one place which brings little bit delay in our team. It is the hard way to understand all working process. Need real time to know how to deal with tools more faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software making our day right. Make your sales trade better and fast. Perfect monitoring at your leads. The perfect gift from CRM that can build process effective in our business.

We like to work with more effective way. We have an opportunity to centralizes the important tools which will helps us to control our working process and be sure that it is the better step to increase productivity. We always work with Microsoft Office email and we can say that it works well inside our team and doesn't make us any harm.

Nutshell review by Danny E.
Danny E.

"Nutshell is an incredible CRM that is easy to deploy for any team"

What do you like best?

Nutshell is extremely easy to deploy for sales teams of any size. It gets right to the point of setting up your sales processes, tracking your contacts and leads, and landing more sales. Unlike Salesforce, it doesn't require a team of experts to deploy. It is extremely affordable and the support team responds very quickly. I really love their reporting features as well. It is very easy to see the sales funnel and pipeline status of each customer. They care constantly improving these reporting capabilities and their filtering in reports. Their search function is amazing as well. It is very easy to quickly find information about any customer.

What do you dislike?

It is challenging to find other software that natively connects to Nutshell. They have a REST api that isn't completely documented yet, but can be used to set up these connections manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely give it a shot, especially if you don't have anything set up yet. It can easily be set up in and their team is extremely helpful an responsive.

Nutshell immediately helped us sort all of our leads and set up our sales process. We had been doing everything in spreadsheets and it was quickly overwhelming. Nutshell cleaned up the entire process very quickly.

Nutshell review by Domenic P.
Domenic P.

"Super easy to use "

What do you like best?

Oh, super easy software. I can easily find everything that I need like: conversation or contact. I like that I can make it automatic so I can see all sales process. Perfect to have.

What do you dislike?

I don't have so strong issues with it. But will be great if you can develop a solution with any devices. I would like to check in a good quality everything on my phone. Generally, I like everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution for sales. Very easy to understand and simple to use. Definitely, I will recommend it. Gives the ability to track and view everything that you will need.

Everything works well. Keep everyone on one page. We know that our program works for us. Perfect to start every day with Nutshell. Easy to track our performance.

Nutshell review by Kristen H.
Kristen H.

"Great CRM!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, functionality, and value of the product are top-notch. Nutshell does a great job of housing the information we need and making it easy to make notes, compare customer and lead reports, communicate with prospects, and update information on the go so we can turn those leads into paying customers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have to play around a little more getting the lead reports that I want, but now I have all my frequently used reports bookmarked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bookmark your most frequently used reports!

As a smaller company with a product focused on solving specific problems for our customer-base, we love to support other like-minded and similarly structured companies. Nutshell's focus on being the best collaborative CRM is perfect for our company and what we need to use it for. We don't need an all-in-one solution for our CRM, sales, and marketing needs. We just need a CRM that gets it and does it right, and that's Nutshell.

Nutshell review by James G.
James G.

"Better than others I've used, with a few flaws"

What do you like best?

Emailing synching is an amazing feature I didn't know existed until I started using NutShell in my current position - I wish I had known about it years ago!

What do you dislike?

They make changes often to the system, and I'm sure they do a good job of communicating it to their users, but as someone in sales who is focused on quota, I don't always have time (or the inclination) to read their emails which means the changes can be surprising and unsettling at times.

Not having to enter email notes is an enormous time saver that frees me up to focus on selling. My company has done a nice job using the NS categories to define the stages of our sales, so they have more accurate forecasting.

Nutshell review by Eduardo M.
Eduardo M.

"Best comnination of easy to use and robust CRM"

What do you like best?

I've used and analyzed many CRM's out there as a consultant. I find Nutshell to be the easiest one to navigate (both on desktop and mobile versions), with a high level of customization ability. Nutshell is the best CRM for generating sales cadence on a team based on a sales process. It's intelligence and customization features also help me really understanding who my clients are, where we are in the relationship, and how to take it to the next level.

What do you dislike?

Not internationalizing yet. Tired to see people wasting time with Pipedrive in Latin America.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customize it during your trial to really see what it can do for your business.

Relationship management: checking out about where I am with the relationship from anywhere in the planet by using the mobile app. Business card scanner helps at events.

Sales management: I've customized my sales process, which helps me being assertive and proactive with my prospects. Lead confidence level also helps a lot with lead prioritization. Funnel reports save me a huge amount of time in understanding progress with sales in a detailed level.

Nutshell review by Jonathan E.
Jonathan E.

"A critical look"

What do you like best?

The features that Nutshell brings to the table is unmatched by even their most fearsome competitors. When I was tasked to find the company I work for the best CRM on the market for the money I went into a critical analysis of the most common CRMs, during that look over I came across Nutshell, which after reviewing the features and plugging their ratings into my custom analysis I found Nutshell to have the best overall score for what our company needed.

The price and the ability to choose a yearly or monthly plan was an added bonus to this truly fantastic CRM. The addition of the easy to use mobile app made this a no brainer decision.

And I can't speak highly enough of the amazing reporting and customization that comes along with it at no extra cost.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that I dislike about Nutshell CRM at least nothing that I don't also not like in other CRMs. This is the most painless and easy to use CRM salesmen and marketers alike will love it.

Tracking jobs and doing custom reports on a magnitude of variables that allow us to stay on top of and analyse the flow of sales and marketing.

Nutshell review by Brian B.
Brian B.

"Customizable and flexible"

What do you like best?

Any CRM is going to take a little bit of adjustment, but I have thoroughly enjoyed familiarizing myself with Nutshell over the last few months. Contacts and company information is all easy to lay out and will automate any addition information it can add (ie adding tied github, linkedin, twitter, etc) info to contacts. The Mac OS and iOS app are great. I LOVE the iOS app ability to take a picture of a business card and then use scanning technology to fill out the contact for you although it will take a few hours to process a batch.

What do you dislike?

I think sometimes Nutshell tries a little too hard to check for duplicate accounts / names etc. I have also had some trouble integrating sending emails from Nutshell from my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have questions the Nutshell team has been very responsive!

We have needed a comprehensive CRM system that can help our small software consulting company grow and thrive. As part of that we needed to automate as much of the inbound selling, lead generation and pipeline management as possible. Nutshell has been a great tool for us.

Nutshell review by Jon L.
Jon L.

"Use Nutshell for sales lead tracking daily"

What do you like best?

Creating leads and being able to see a list of them is very easy. Then I can sort the lead database based on several different criteria instantly allows me to focus on the key leads. You can open multiple copies and see your leads sorted different ways. Also, there are weekly goals for calling, emailing, and hosting meetings which is actually more useful than I imagined to monitor and self regulate my daily and weekly progress.

What do you dislike?

Searching for a lead is best by lead number. Using a name whether a person or company does not work well. The amount of questions my company wants us to answer and how they are shown does not provide a instant clear snapshot of my customer or even my lead, we are working to make key adjustments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coach your companies through their setup, be super mindful of what the daily users have to do and see = make it for them. Use management reports to pull what you need.

Tracking leads and status of deals. The benefit is each consultant manages their own list. They can share them as required. There are reports the leaders can review that are always current.

Nutshell review by Deborah W.
Deborah W.

"Super User Friendly and Support is Fantastic"

What do you like best?

I love how Nutshell integrates completely with my gmail allowing me to respond to customers either from my email or the app on my phone or the web application. It's so easy to keep track of everything!

Additionally, support is fantastic! Every time I've asked for help they've been available within 15 mins to answer my questions and walk me though my problems.

It's also the least expensive program of it's kind with all of the features it offers. I've use several different programs and none have them compared.

What do you dislike?

I literally love everything about this program! They've made a few new updates lately that have somehow made it even better. I can't wait to see where this program goes in the future!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Connect your email and calendar! It'll change your life!

It's super easy to find a customer and get in contact with them. It's also amazing that my whole team can keep record of their interaction with the customer. Additionally, I love that it integrates with my email and google calendar!

With other programs I wasn't able to quickly respond to emails made through the CRM via my actual email, which never really made sense to me. But with Nutshell, if I email a client through my email, it shows up on the Nutshell dashboard and visa-versa! It's AMAZING!

Nutshell review by Clint A.
Clint A.

"Still Working On It"

What do you like best?

The dashboard on Nutshell is great for providing real time information and is easy to understand/use. Adding and removing information from accounts is easy to understand/use. I have had very few issues uploading CSV information to Nutshell and the few problems I had were resolved within 24hrs.

What do you dislike?

The company I am currently using it for uses Nutshell primarily for processing sales operations information. They do not use it as a standard CRM so the staging of contacts to leads to sales is harder to process than it should be. I don't like that the app is not available to windows phone users. I would like to see greater integration of LinkedIn Sales Navigator but I also understand their competitor has paid a lot of money to prevent this.

We have done a great deal of work to use Nutshell to help us with forecasting. We have begun to use Hubspot and incorporated Nutshell to help us with our marketing analytics.

Nutshell review by Justin Z.
Justin Z.

"I like the direction! Still needs polishing."

What do you like best?

I like how active the Nutshell team is at constantly improving the platform. I love how they actively participate in their forums to refine features within the CRM. Aesthetically pleasing and has a Mac OS and iOS app.

What do you dislike?

Within the Mac OS app, there are several bugs which hinder usability. Autocorrect has been a nuisance when attempting to add names and email addresses. Filtering needs some major improvement. An iPad app would be a nice addition. Integration into QB would be ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a decent app. I hate to say it, but there is no perfect CRM at the moment that I'm aware of. The combination of features and the willingness of the developers to continue iterating the product could make it pretty darn close.

The parent company that we've merged into was using Excel sheets for CRM management. Nutshell allows me to be more regimented and organized. Assigning tasks with dates and keeping context of the business relationship.

Nutshell review by Thomas S.
Thomas S.

"Nutshell - Great for some, but not for all"

What do you like best?

Nutshell is a simple CRM tool that does not have the features many business have come to rely on, but it provides a cost-effective option for small businesses with a sales volume and client base that requires a good set of functions for a good price and just don't need all the bells and whistles of Salesforce. It integrates nicely with Google Mail, and frankly, even though Salesforce is better, I think I prefer the integration between Nutshell and Google Mail better than the one between Salesforce and Outlook. The simplicity offered by Nutshell is a plus for smaller businesses that sometimes need sales people to 'figure it out' on their own.

What do you dislike?

I want the extra functions a more full-featured CRM offers, because they help me to pull just the accounts that have the status, location, and attributes I am interested in now, so I can make a call list focused on the specific goals I have for today. Nutshell offers plenty of sorting options and is easy to export from, but I move more quickly and am more productive if I can use Salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nutshell will take some getting used to for people used to Salesforce, and it's a good choice for a small business that wants to provide a decent CRM tool to its sales and other teams but needs to spend wisely.

Time is money, and a CRM that saves money will probably provide less efficiency, but I want a good balance between the data I need available to me in the forms that help me use my time well and a cost that fits in a budget that also needs to cover multiple other needs and priorities. On balance. Nutshell delivers that. It's a good choice for people that can afford 'good' and can work with 'good' until a business can afford 'great'.

Nutshell review by Kent M.
Kent M.

"Gets it done and simple to use"

What do you like best?

The design of the program is great and easy to use. There are lots of ways to export reports and easily perform searches. The setup is fairly straightforward and one of the best features is the ability to share things with other users/teams.

Nutshell is divided into People, Companies, and Leads. You can set up processes for your leads with very detailed actions along the way. An example of that would be once a contact is made the ownership of the lead is switched to another user. Team members can be automatically notified that it is their turn to take over. This is a great and powerful feature.

Reports can easily be created with multiple filters. Those can be saved and set to share across departments. They can also be exported to Excel for further analysis.

What do you dislike?

My biggest issue is that they don't support subsidiaries. You have to create multiple companies and then create tags that just identify that it is a sub. Their support is great if you can get a hold of them. I wish they had people on chat but usually, it is set to leave a message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for startups or people new to creating a CRM.

It really helps you get organized as a company and share responsibilities across departments. It's easy to auto-assign leads to team members based on territory. As a team member, I can keep track of who is logging in and how much time they are spending in the program. It is great for accountability of individual team members. There is never a question now of who owns a lead and what processes need to be performed next.

Nutshell review by JoAnna H.
JoAnna H.

"Great CRM for gmail users"

What do you like best?

The product is incredibly easy to set up, and integrates seamlessly with gmail which really improves the usability of the software because it automatically records interactions with clients. It also schedules my activities right into my google calendar. The dashboard and interface are easy to use and the mobile app is clean and simple. We have this connected to integrations with mail chimp, panda docs, and a form builder to seamlessly automate.

The integrations with gmail are the best around and is what has kept me using nutshell.

What do you dislike?

There are two limitations which make it a little tough for my business:

1) My business is leasing commercial office space, and I would like to define my sales in terms of SF rather than in minutes. I can add a user generated field, but ultimately I have to use a work around to have this work for me. Similarly, I might have 10 leads for one building, which I thought I could set up as a product, but you can't really produce reports by product, so I had to create a work around using the company type which is frustrating.

2) When I add in new contacts to my computer or phone, it does not automatically generate that in the contact list within nutshell. Fix this!

3) Reports - I would like to produce reports that I could share with clients - this is really set up for internal teams I can export the data to excel, but it is a lot of work around to create a report. This is limiting for me.

Leads for commercial real estate leasing and sales.

I am much more organized about who I talked to and when we last connected. I have improved my sales closing and lead generation.

Nutshell review by Tammy  S.
Tammy S.

"Nutshell makes it easy for me to keep track of my sales leads and grow my business!"

What do you like best?

I love the easy to use interface of Nutshell. I can see where I am easily in the sales process and the daily tasks help to keep me on point in my day. In addition the customer support is always easy to reach and very helpful.

What do you dislike?

So far the only the thing is that I do not feel we are utilizing the software to its fullest potential. But that is not against the software itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Nutshell for its easy to use interface and the ability to customize the software to meet your business' specific needs.

I am working on sales leads that have utilized our website in the past. The benefits are having all of my leads in one place. I am able to add notes and schedule our calls in a timely basis. In addition, I like the "watch" button when I think a lead is turning hot and I want to make sure I am keeping an eye on their potential business.

Nutshell review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Nutshell Review"

What do you like best?

This program is EXTREMELY easy to use. I have never needed to use a CRM before, and Nutshell did a great job of walking me through each step, and the program continues to be easy to use, there are so many integrations, and customer service has been A+ thus far.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is only a browser program, not a desktop app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't regret it!

We use it for contact management, we have our sales process updated and our pipeline is developed as a result. It is extremely easy to keep in contact with team members over projects, easy to start and track leads, and email capabilities allow you to know when a someone has read an email you've sent! Extremely useful tool

Nutshell review by Mal M.
Mal M.

"Don't look anywhere else"

What do you like best?

Integrations with Mailchimp and Google Calendar, call recording, sales process mapping, customisation, automatic social account derivation, maps, sales funnel, team activity reports, sales forecasts by confidence levels .... it's just the best CRM I've ever used and I've used a load. When I was looking for a CRM for my new business I ran through a lot but this smashes them all. I've recommended Nutshell to loads of people already. It's incredible.

What do you dislike?

Ummmm ................................... you'll have to come back to me ..................oh! The 'Wallboard' design. It's a bit OK.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a start-up - do it. Cost-effective, customisable but also off-the-shelf excellent.

Start-up. How do I manage my prospects to leads and my leads to paying customers. The core challenge of any business, particularly any start-up. And Nutshell does it amazingly.

Nutshell review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Nutshell has b been transformative for our business"

What do you like best?

Our favorite part about using Nutshell is the language they use. There are tons of other business-y features I could identify, but it's rare to find a CRM or sales tool that respects people the way that Nutshell does. We value our client relationships at a super high level, so referring to them as leads or some other thing other than "human" is no good.

What do you dislike?

If I had to identify one thing we dislike, building a sales process in nutshell isn't super intuitive.

We keep much closer connections with all of our customers and remember things like birthdays and anniversaries, and we have much better analytics to help us determine what is and isn't working as we work with new prospects.

Nutshell review by James G.
James G.

"International business sales as broker"

What do you like best?

The program is incredibly intuitive. I'm a convert from practicing medicine to business. So, I have no experience in CRM and only in electronic medical records. I was apprehensive as ERM is horrible and couldn't possibly be less user-friendly. I was happily surprised when I began and have continued to use nutshell. I have no better way to explain it other than it works the same way my brain does. It's like having a peripheral brain.

What do you dislike?

Email sending and receiving could be better.

keeping leads at their appropriate relative levels of confidence.

not missing any deadlines.

being able to remind myself of tasks remaining and exactly what I was thinking at any point along the sales/relationship-building process.

Nutshell review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Intuitive product, exceedingly great service"

What do you like best?

Frankly, I like the service best. I know that raises an eyebrow because it makes people wonder, "Why does he need to contact customer service if the product is so great?". That's a legit question but it doesn't mean the product is not great. A good CRM platform is going to be deep and wide and have a lot of functionality that takes a bit of time to learn. I'll admit, I'm not the fastest learner of CRM tools, so once in a while, I ask the team for pointers or help sorting out issues that in most cases I've screwed up myself. In every single case, Nutshell's customer service was immediately available and very happy to help me. They constantly go above and beyond.

What do you dislike?

Virtually nothing. I would like the customizable dashboard to be just a bit more customizable. Right now, there are about 5-6 widgets, but there could be more.

They make it very easy to manage a small or large number of contacts and sales leads in a variety of different styles and methods.

Nutshell review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Nutshell CRM Review"

What do you like best?

We initially decided to give Nutshell a try due to the fact that it solved many problems that our current CRM faced. One of those issues was the lack of mobile accessibility. We have salesmen who are constantly on the road traveling and need access to our database in many situations. Our current CRM does not offer a feature to do this, and the Nutshell app was a great fix for that problem.

Another feature that we enjoy about Nutshell are the built-in maps. Once again, having salesmen on the road means using our database to find customers. Instead of looking up the addresses ahead of time and going through a separate maps app, the built in map feature for Nutshell makes it quick and easy for us to find where we are going and even plan out a trip while already on the road.

What do you dislike?

Our main concern and dislike with Nutshell is the lack of an in-app word processor. Not many CRMs have one that we have found to be effective, but we wish Nutshell had something in-app where we could create quote templates to quickly put together quotes and send them out to customers. We tried incorporating PandaDocs into Nutshell with some success, but it is still not as intuitive as we wished it might be. Overall, we have been very happy with Nutshell and we are working out some final kinks before switching over permanently.

As mentioned in the first box, Nutshell is a way for our outside salesmen to become more effective and efficient while on the road. Not only is it a good database to use in-office, but it makes the lives of our traveling salesmen and service technicians much easier. We are hoping that fully engaging with Nutshell can increase productivity both on the road and in the office, ultimately increasing sales and profit.

Nutshell review by Jared P.
Jared P.

"Doesn't live up to expectations and client support is slow, often times helpless. "

What do you like best?

Nutshell has been easy to use and easy to run reports out of. It's quick and allows for rapid visual assessment of sales and progress with their graphs and reporting. The email integration in contacts is helpful though it's not very robust.

What do you dislike?

There are some major issues with lag time from the dashboard to contacts. No real time updates it seems.

There have been issues with security, not from an outside party but they do not allow customization of what team members can view outside of their very short-sighted standards. For instance, if I don't want a rep to be able to view reports he will also not be able to see any other rep's contacts. Major issue.

Support always takes at least a day to reply to inquiries. That can be a long time when you have a serious issue. There was one time I reached out to support and they were OOO for two days for some training event. Seriously?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about every possible question to evaluate prior to purchase. Ask a lot about the back-end and customization. They'll pitch you on ease of use but this CRM is hardly built out.

Using this software did help us to get more organized as a sales organization but it's very bare bones. Had I really knew what I was getting into I likely would have selected an alternate CRM.

Nutshell review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Nutshell... in a nutshell."

What do you like best?

Integration with email. This gives clarity to anyone looking for information and conversations other co-workers may have had with customers.

What do you dislike?

No ability to attach files in email forms. I can't exclusively use the email for follow ups for deliveries and such due to the lack of ability to attach important documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nutshell has been working great for us at our office. We have several hundred of our customer in the system and it's growing daily. It's been a great benefit for information sharing, sales tracking, forecasting, seeing trends, scheduling follow ups with clients, and all around client based information sharing.

Interoffice information sharing is the largest problem. Ease of access for everyone to all account and customer info and contacts.

We haven't realized any new issues with the use of Nutshell at this time. We're still adapting to it's interface to get the maximum usage for our needs.

Nutshell review by Matthew S.
Matthew S.

"Always improving!"

What do you like best?

I've used Nutshell for about 6 months now, and in that 6 months, I've seen several changes and improvements that help my workflow, especially around reporting. Very easy to use, and very straightforward.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a bit more flexibility in tracking "to-dos" sometimes the software links only to the person, and I have to go back and copy to the lead itself, or the company I'm working with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great CRM for small to medium sized businesses. If you're looking for a quick way to track communication, monitor your teams, and report on various aspects of the sales cycle, this is a great product.

Tracking our customized sales process, as well as better tracking of individual communication with prospects and customers

Nutshell review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Easy to use CRM"

What do you like best?

Very straightforward approach to CRM. Entering leads and contacts is incredibly simple and allows for robust account types. Cost is also fantastic for a start-up.

What do you dislike?

Customization on reports is limited. There are a few default reports that need to allow additional customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for small businesses!

We were looking for something easy to use, train new people on, and keep within a budget. Nutshell provided a very cost effective solution to our CRM, without forfeiting features.

Nutshell review by User in Computer Software

"Nutshell CRM is Okay"

What do you like best?

One of the things that I liked the most was that it would list the people linked to a certain account at the top of each persons profile. This made things much easier when you are trying to figure who is involved with a certain company.

What do you dislike?

There were unfortunately many things that I disliked about the software. The search tool was probably the worst part if it all. I hate to give them a bad review but the search tool did not understand anything I would want to search, and the only way to successfully search a client or company name was to spell it out completely. Which defeats the purpose of a drop down for the search tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely check out all if the options when it comes to a CRM software. Our company found nutshell to be more helpful in the beginning when you do not have many clients or potential clients. As our company grew the little things such as the search tool, lead tracker, and other features started to slow down our work.

Nutshell was a great software in the beginning for a CRM software. There were many benefits to the software such as a easy way to keep all of your client's information together and to track your conversations and interactions with them.

Nutshell review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Great CRM for Sales, OK CRM for Non-Profits"

What do you like best?

Seems to be growing with us, so new things are added all the time. They have great support & are very responsive to requests or questions. Their desktop is sleek & very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

That is so COMPLETELY focused on sales that a lot of the things on the dashboard or the client page is so pointless for us. It is not really adjustable so that the primary information on the page is focused on what I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for sales. Good Pricing. Great Support.

IT allows us to keep track of our clients and their information & conversations we have had with them.

Nutshell review by Lisa S.
Lisa S.

"We Love Nutshell!"

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use so it lets even my not so computer literate sales people feel at ease with it.

What do you dislike?

Overall I really enjoy using Nutshell. I would like the ability to have more than one pipeline, and for the keep in touch to have a module on the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great CRM that your employees will actually enjoy using because it is easy to use!

We know track our orders from leads all the way through the stages of manufacturing so all of our sales people know where their order is with that customer is in the process.

Nutshell review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"My favorite small/medium-sized-biz CRM"

What do you like best?

Nutshell has been great for our software firm as it grew from a startup to a mid-market company. Nutshell is very similar to us in age, culture, feature philosophy, etc. so I always enjoy interacting with the team. The Support (via chat and email) is excellent and they are always willing to hear new feature ideas and requests. The affordability makes it a great first CRM for new and small businesses.

What do you dislike?

Importing can sometimes result in a lot of duplicate leads, so data cleanliness becomes a bit of an issue as you grow. Reporting has some room to grow but it's not too bad right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See if you can test your integrations, particularly if you are importing data.

New sales people are able to jump right in with minimal training. Workflows are customizable, and tracking prospect information is a breeze.

Nutshell review by Laura S.
Laura S.

"Modern, intuitive, and integrated"

What do you like best?

I like the integration with gmail so that all emails are automatically logged. It's easy to see last contact for a particular person or company as a whole

What do you dislike?

Not much- but I do wish that we could more easily track client implementation projects in nutshell

Automatic visibility to prospective and client communication. Reporting and analytics around the sales pipeline. Communication between users ineternally

Nutshell review by Jenny S.
Jenny S.

"Best app ever"

What do you like best?

Calendar, where you can keep track of your daily task and activities. I like the most is I can upload business cards info, look at the uploaded image anytime and no need to type anything! The system is user friendly too.

What do you dislike?

When you have to refresh to update info.

When using mobile access, I need to refresh it more often,

Mobile use, you get booted often maybe from slow internet?

Some uploaded business cards cannot be read and uploads empty

You can make a report easily and no need to retype same thing just to send reports to superiors

Nutshell review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"A Simple CRM Without the Excess Bulk"

What do you like best?

The lead view and organizing by filters. The dashboards are also great to get an overview of what is going on for the month.

What do you dislike?

Just wish for a little more customization, but not much. Wish tasks in leads would show up on the calendar that we can sync to iCal or Google Calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the custom filters within your leads and organize them on the Lead view.

We needed to see an overall view of leads on one page and Nutshell works perfect for that. It's really simple to use which is why we love it.

Nutshell review by Edward F.
Edward F.

"Fantastic CRM that has all the bells and whistles as the large firms at a cheap price."

What do you like best?

The program does most of the work for me. Most of my contacts are auto populated from my google account and all tasks autosync'd to my calendar.

What do you dislike?

I'm such a big fan that I wish there was a reseller program. I've referred at least 5 clients their way. I also wish there was QuickBooks integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a great program that has several features that larger players have, this is the program for you!

I'm looking to better organize all of the leads we receive into one location and centralize the workflow associated with said leads.

Nutshell review by Isabeau E.
Isabeau E.

"Our sales team is now finally a team!"

What do you like best?

I love the intuitive layout. It is so simple to keep up with each and every lead. And it's simple to create a new lead. The ability to tag my team members is incredibly helpful. If I have a thought about an account, I can just tag someone and not have to spend time hunting them down and talking. It has saved me a ton of time. Plus, other team members can make notes on the accounts too. Also, I love that I can track all email communication and that Nutshell is linked to Google Suites, keeping all the appointments right on my calendar.

What do you dislike?

I wish Nutshell had a better to do (task) system. I don't use it because I can't put dates on the tasks and organize them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have 2-3 staff members learn it first before teaching everyone. One person doesn't find all the cool tricks right away.

We were trying to streamline leads for sales. We have saved enormous amounts of time tracking, creating and following up on leads. It is a fantastic sales tool.

Nutshell review by Xavier S.
Xavier S.

"A great & simple CRM tool !"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Nutshell is the easy management of leads. It's so useful to manage your projects by company and to see your achievements growing over the time and work. It's important to feel you've fullfilled your duty and to see your projects progressing. More generally, Nutshell really works as a web app, easy to use and ergonomically smart.

(Plus, I love the click & call function !)

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the links between leads and company are confuse and not that clear. Would be great to see in a big frame the leads attached to a company/people. More over it would be great to see your team's leads in your personal leads (because team leads also belongs to you!). Maybe is it already possible and I haven't realized that ?

Also, that would be more convenient to have the phone reporting window while you're on a phone call and not after in order to write down the key information of your conversation in real time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful when importing your data to have it organized as your former database or even better.

Decide with your team how you want to add information about your contacts and how you manage your leads and your sales process in order to "speak the same language" !

As a FinTech app company, it's very useful to use such a CRM tool as Nutshell because it has enabled us to organize our prospection and, furthermore, to focus on priorities. Having a clear sum up of what you've done and what you're supposed to do with a prospect/customer is very nice.

Nutshell review by Melissa L.
Melissa L.

"Best CRM for the money "

What do you like best?

Nutshell is very affordable with great customizable features like the sales pipeline, products and services, easy to use lead uploading and task management, I have used this for 3 separate start-up businesses and would recommend it to everyone! I also love the customer service team, whenever I have a question they are at my fingertips to solve the problem or suggest a solution. Cannot beat that level of service!

What do you dislike?

It is still fairly young, but it is not a dislike because they are still very open to platform feature recommendations. Even it's weak spot is not a flaw but another feature!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the most platform and features you will get for your money. Hands down this is all you need to build your leads, expand your client base, keep ordering history notes or documentation for all customer service needs which you can access anywhere at any time. The mobile app is crucial when preparing for meetings, to refresh your memory on all previous encounters with that client. One stop sales shop!

Being able to communicate in a sales platform with all members of the team or company, tagging people with pertinent information without having to make a call or send another email is great and time saving, I also love that it will allow you to schedule tasks and reminders, on a contact, lead or account. We have been using this with our Phone marketing goals and have seen tremendous results with the ability to schedule timely and precise follow-up contact with prospects.

Nutshell review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"Great entry-level sales CRM at a great price!"

What do you like best?

Nutshell has made a lot of recent improvements that have increased my usability greatly. The new reporting engine is a huge step in the right direction!

What do you dislike?

Changes to the product seem to come at odd times throughout the workday, which can be pretty disconcerting. Also, the way that Companies, People, and Leads interact is more rigid than I would like.

A simple tool to track the sales process and communication with prospects.

Nutshell review by April M.
April M.

"Cost effective, great for small business, but has some growing pains..."

What do you like best?

The customization for list views and data.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike not being able to attach a document from within the CRM. I love the mass email feature and the sync with gmail, but not being able to attach a document from within nutshell means that I have to go back and forth instead of being able to do everything from within nutshell.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are growing, and if you only need something to help keep you organized and keep track of your interactions and communications, then this is a great option. If you want inventory linking, sales tracking beyond the original bid on the lead, it's just not there yet. If you like to send a large amount of mass emails, whithout graphics or attachments, then Nutshell is super simple and effective due to the ease of template (text only) creation and list view filters.

Nutshell is an excellent way to organize and track communication and interaction with clients and leads. I really enjoy the timeline, especially the ability to see when an email has been veiwed.

Nutshell review by Jody M.
Jody M.

"Nutshell is very useful"

What do you like best?

Nutshell makes working remotely easy and convenient. It has it's glitches but overall is very useful. I use it daily during the week, it is very user friendly and easy to navigate. I've used many other similar apps and Nutshell is the best so far.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I don't like is the new updated dashboard. It's too much, too many options and I can spend all day trying to arrange my dashboard.

It makes doing business easy, easy to manage data and info, it cuts down on time.

Nutshell review by Greg W.
Greg W.

"Great for Me"

What do you like best?

As a newcomer to CRMs, Nutshell is pretty straightforward and easy to understand. I really enjoy the dashboard feature we can display in the office so everyone can see how our pipeline is doing. I also love the "Scan business card" feature which makes networking so much better.

What do you dislike?

There are a few kinks that I am working out when it comes to adding leads and not duplicating people. I need to dig around a little longer.

We have clarity in our sales process, and accountability for the whole team.

Nutshell review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"A decent product but not the best"

What do you like best?

The customer service at Nutshell was very responsive. They were very gracious in responding to all our questions as we got set up.

The design is sleek and intuitive. All the major functions of the product were easy to figure out.

What do you dislike?

We transitioned to Nutshell from a different CRM, and the migration was very difficult. It took weeks of time from our team, and from their customer service, and still our data had not all migrated correctly.

Once we were finally up and running we found that the Search feature was not robust enough to work for us. It was also too difficult to see an overall view of our entire company's sales pipeline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are migrating to Nutshell from Capsule as we did, you might have trouble importing all your data correctly. The data did not sync well between those 2 products.

We tried to use Nutshell as a CRM, however after trying it for several months we decided to use a different system that had a more robust search feature and a better dashboard overview.

Nutshell review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great CRM to stat from scratch with -importing a database from other CRM, not so much. "

What do you like best?

Enjoy the lead stats in an easy to view format. The dashboard is generally very clear, although the new update isn't my favorite. Admin view of what all sales reps are doing is super helpful.

What do you dislike?

The ability to bulk update tasks would be a huge benefit that Nutshell hasn't realized yet. The import from a CSV leaves something to be desired...especially larger imports such as when we added our entire database or larger groups of new contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're doing large bulk updates regularly, this software may be more work than it's worth. Great for manual entry or smaller databases (10k contacts or less)

Time management when tracking tasks and assigning prospects to sales reps has gotten much quicker.

Nutshell review by Justin K.
Justin K.

"Simple and versatile"

What do you like best?

Simple and flexible. Our business is set up different than most, being able to set it up around what we need and how our sales cycle works is very reassuring. So far it has been stable and reliable. The mobile app has worked seamlessly. In my time using it there haven't been any problems.

What do you dislike?

Honestly not much, the only thing is that after a project is won or lost it stays in it's stage, but I have a feeling that is something that can be ironed out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go wild, it is simple and flexible.

Staying on top of a lot of leads where there needs to be cushion time in between contact, it is a good way to stay on top clients.

Nutshell review by Craig M.
Craig M.

"Made the switch from Salesforce to Nutshell for our CRM"

What do you like best?

The people at Nutshell spent tons of time making sure we were a good fit and that we were comfortable with their product and processes. They bent over backwards to show us the functionality and offered to help us with uploading files and demo the services.

What do you dislike?

There are still a few features that could be better handled by default with some programming changes but there are suitable workarounds to handle our very specific business. Plus they actually listen to their small company customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can get up and running quickly. You have tons of customization options (which can be a little tricky) and their support is fantastic.

CRM for sales team. Still loading system up to go live for 12/12/16.

Learning about Nutshell?

* We monitor all Nutshell reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.