Nutshell

Nutshell is CRM software that helps small-business sales reps win more deals.

Work for Nutshell?

Learning about Nutshell?

Nutshell Reviews

Showing 169 Nutshell reviews
Nutshell review by Anisa C.
Anisa C.

"Exceedingly great service"

What do you like best?

I'm glad that the program hava a trial version, and in two weeks you will really understand whether it suits you or not, the program completely suited our requirements. The first thing that pleased us with this program was that we could easily drop our contacts, calendars, and emails, wherever they were from us. It was simple enough to drive all contacts, business cards. Our team often has to track the trend of our team or analyze the transactions that we lost, thanks to Nutshell it becomes, perhaps.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there is a problem with e-mails, but it's all fixable and not so serious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to simplify your work, improve and track your performance before this program is for you. She will not disappoint you.

Nutshell helps keep me informed of everything that will happen during the day. As I already wrote, it helps to easily make reports on work. It's enough to communicate quickly and easily with the team using mobile notification.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Nutshell
Nutshell review by Abram C.
Abram C.

"Easy to use CRM for Small businesses"

What do you like best?

I used and analyzed in many CRMs as a consultant. I believe Nutshell to be the easiest to navigate, both in desktop and mobile versions, with a high level of customization ability. Nutshell is the best CRM for generating sales of cadence in a team based on the sales process. This intelligence and setting function also helps me really understand who my customers are, where we are in a relationship, and how to take it to the next level.

What do you dislike?

I have not negative emotions! With each new release there is a lot of good that somehow made it even better. I can not wait to see where this program might be in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Train your companies through their installations, super to remember that daily users have to do and see = do it for them. Use management reports to pull what you need.

We needed an integrated CRM system that could help our small software companies grow and prosper. As part of what we need to automate much of the inbound sales, lead generation and pipeline management as possible. The nutshell was an excellent tool for us.

What CRM solution do you use?

Nutshell review by Shawnna C.
Shawnna C.

"All tools which we need to run our business."

What do you like best?

As for me, I like in Nutshell that I can easily find any contact, clients or conversation which I urgently need.

I have a wonderful system for automating sales operation. With this platform, I can track or view my leads. Hand in hand I can work with all my team on one page. Also, it is great to see a report of all our productiveness.

What do you dislike?

I guess the all working process with our report should be much easy and simple to understand. Actually, it is will helps to new users. Generally, the software is the good working system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, I recommend that software. The software is useful for most people. Will helps you to create wonderful sales process. I guess we found an easy way to use CRM that does anything that we need it. I hope you will like it and it is will be a good key to your working routine.

Now we can combine and centralizes the working tools which we are used to running our company. Great working ways with calendars or Microsoft Office email with all of this we don't need to have an IT department.

Nutshell review by Lin N.
Lin N.

"Better to be with the report about everything."

What do you like best?

I can see the most important and up-to-date info for every individual and company our sales team cooperate with. Much easy I can sync my phone contacts, collect leads from our site, or scan business cards in the one minute.Nutshell provides easy access to customer data through the search function. We have the ability to register actions and make notes about interactions with the client. This makes my work much easier and more efficient!

What do you dislike?

I never have a problem with Nutshell. All process is really very easy and understandable. I can work calm and don't think that some problems can come during the working duties.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this software, you will forget about stressing about forgotten duty and blown deadlines. Also, you will have the ability to work with board view is the interactive method to control your pipeline. Drag and drop conduct to the next sales step and mark trade as won or canceled. much easy to control the overall health of your pipeline and faster see what needs to be done next. Definitely, I recommend.

We are always sure that every deal is handled by the rep who’s most probably to close it, based on criteria such as product type, or lead source. Faster see what needs to happen next on either deal and speed up the onboarding of new sales managers.

Nutshell review by Phil C.
Phil C.

"Great, easy to use CRM with fast and easy start-up"

What do you like best?

As a web-based CRM, Nutshell perfectly balances having enough functionality without becoming a chore to setup and maintain. Having transitioned from a legacy CRM (Goldmine), Nutshell checked all the boxes as it pertains to a modern CRM, including multiple user access, mobile app (iOS and Android) and cross-platform (PC or Mac) support.

What do you dislike?

The integration with my Google Calendar is great, but every now and then, I'll end up with duplicate entries. This is not a major issue, but it does get annoying. There's also a minor formatting issue I have with the way Nutshell creates events locally (and in Google Calendar), where it automatically appends Company and People names to the Title of the event and also includes all People in the Agenda field. This might be fine for some users, but I'd prefer if there were a way to alter this behavior.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a ton of CRMs available, but Nutshell cuts through the crap and provides exactly the features most users need without bogging you down with extra stuff that looks/sounds great but turns out to be more trouble than it's worth!

Having a mobile CRM tool that can provide, contact info, task and activity management, and pipeline management from wherever I may be sitting.

Nutshell review by Scottie G.
Scottie G.

"Keep all your process in the comfortable place."

What do you like best?

I'm glad that I have the ability to work with more clear and organized program where I will sort all my conversation, contacts and my customer's list. All my sales function is automatic which allows me to know everything.

What do you dislike?

I found one place which brings little bit delay in our team. It is the hard way to understand all working process. Need real time to know how to deal with tools more faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software making our day right. Make your sales trade better and fast. Perfect monitoring at your leads. The perfect gift from CRM that can build process effective in our business.

We like to work with more effective way. We have an opportunity to centralizes the important tools which will helps us to control our working process and be sure that it is the better step to increase productivity. We always work with Microsoft Office email and we can say that it works well inside our team and doesn't make us any harm.

Nutshell review by Danny E.
Danny E.

"Nutshell is an incredible CRM that is easy to deploy for any team"

What do you like best?

Nutshell is extremely easy to deploy for sales teams of any size. It gets right to the point of setting up your sales processes, tracking your contacts and leads, and landing more sales. Unlike Salesforce, it doesn't require a team of experts to deploy. It is extremely affordable and the support team responds very quickly. I really love their reporting features as well. It is very easy to see the sales funnel and pipeline status of each customer. They care constantly improving these reporting capabilities and their filtering in reports. Their search function is amazing as well. It is very easy to quickly find information about any customer.

What do you dislike?

It is challenging to find other software that natively connects to Nutshell. They have a REST api that isn't completely documented yet, but can be used to set up these connections manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely give it a shot, especially if you don't have anything set up yet. It can easily be set up in and their team is extremely helpful an responsive.

Nutshell immediately helped us sort all of our leads and set up our sales process. We had been doing everything in spreadsheets and it was quickly overwhelming. Nutshell cleaned up the entire process very quickly.

Nutshell review by Domenic P.
Domenic P.

"Super easy to use "

What do you like best?

Oh, super easy software. I can easily find everything that I need like: conversation or contact. I like that I can make it automatic so I can see all sales process. Perfect to have.

What do you dislike?

I don't have so strong issues with it. But will be great if you can develop a solution with any devices. I would like to check in a good quality everything on my phone. Generally, I like everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution for sales. Very easy to understand and simple to use. Definitely, I will recommend it. Gives the ability to track and view everything that you will need.

Everything works well. Keep everyone on one page. We know that our program works for us. Perfect to start every day with Nutshell. Easy to track our performance.

Nutshell review by Kristen H.
Kristen H.

"Great CRM!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, functionality, and value of the product are top-notch. Nutshell does a great job of housing the information we need and making it easy to make notes, compare customer and lead reports, communicate with prospects, and update information on the go so we can turn those leads into paying customers.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have to play around a little more getting the lead reports that I want, but now I have all my frequently used reports bookmarked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bookmark your most frequently used reports!

As a smaller company with a product focused on solving specific problems for our customer-base, we love to support other like-minded and similarly structured companies. Nutshell's focus on being the best collaborative CRM is perfect for our company and what we need to use it for. We don't need an all-in-one solution for our CRM, sales, and marketing needs. We just need a CRM that gets it and does it right, and that's Nutshell.

Nutshell review by James G.
James G.

"Better than others I've used, with a few flaws"

What do you like best?

Emailing synching is an amazing feature I didn't know existed until I started using NutShell in my current position - I wish I had known about it years ago!

What do you dislike?

They make changes often to the system, and I'm sure they do a good job of communicating it to their users, but as someone in sales who is focused on quota, I don't always have time (or the inclination) to read their emails which means the changes can be surprising and unsettling at times.

Not having to enter email notes is an enormous time saver that frees me up to focus on selling. My company has done a nice job using the NS categories to define the stages of our sales, so they have more accurate forecasting.

Nutshell review by Eduardo M.
Eduardo M.

"Best comnination of easy to use and robust CRM"

What do you like best?

I've used and analyzed many CRM's out there as a consultant. I find Nutshell to be the easiest one to navigate (both on desktop and mobile versions), with a high level of customization ability. Nutshell is the best CRM for generating sales cadence on a team based on a sales process. It's intelligence and customization features also help me really understanding who my clients are, where we are in the relationship, and how to take it to the next level.

What do you dislike?

Not internationalizing yet. Tired to see people wasting time with Pipedrive in Latin America.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customize it during your trial to really see what it can do for your business.

Relationship management: checking out about where I am with the relationship from anywhere in the planet by using the mobile app. Business card scanner helps at events.

Sales management: I've customized my sales process, which helps me being assertive and proactive with my prospects. Lead confidence level also helps a lot with lead prioritization. Funnel reports save me a huge amount of time in understanding progress with sales in a detailed level.

Nutshell review by Jonathan E.
Jonathan E.

"A critical look"

What do you like best?

The features that Nutshell brings to the table is unmatched by even their most fearsome competitors. When I was tasked to find the company I work for the best CRM on the market for the money I went into a critical analysis of the most common CRMs, during that look over I came across Nutshell, which after reviewing the features and plugging their ratings into my custom analysis I found Nutshell to have the best overall score for what our company needed.

The price and the ability to choose a yearly or monthly plan was an added bonus to this truly fantastic CRM. The addition of the easy to use mobile app made this a no brainer decision.

And I can't speak highly enough of the amazing reporting and customization that comes along with it at no extra cost.

What do you dislike?

There really is nothing that I dislike about Nutshell CRM at least nothing that I don't also not like in other CRMs. This is the most painless and easy to use CRM salesmen and marketers alike will love it.

Tracking jobs and doing custom reports on a magnitude of variables that allow us to stay on top of and analyse the flow of sales and marketing.

Nutshell review by Brian B.
Brian B.

"Customizable and flexible"

What do you like best?

Any CRM is going to take a little bit of adjustment, but I have thoroughly enjoyed familiarizing myself with Nutshell over the last few months. Contacts and company information is all easy to lay out and will automate any addition information it can add (ie adding tied github, linkedin, twitter, etc) info to contacts. The Mac OS and iOS app are great. I LOVE the iOS app ability to take a picture of a business card and then use scanning technology to fill out the contact for you although it will take a few hours to process a batch.

What do you dislike?

I think sometimes Nutshell tries a little too hard to check for duplicate accounts / names etc. I have also had some trouble integrating sending emails from Nutshell from my phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have questions the Nutshell team has been very responsive!

We have needed a comprehensive CRM system that can help our small software consulting company grow and thrive. As part of that we needed to automate as much of the inbound selling, lead generation and pipeline management as possible. Nutshell has been a great tool for us.

Nutshell review by Jon L.
Jon L.

"Use Nutshell for sales lead tracking daily"

What do you like best?

Creating leads and being able to see a list of them is very easy. Then I can sort the lead database based on several different criteria instantly allows me to focus on the key leads. You can open multiple copies and see your leads sorted different ways. Also, there are weekly goals for calling, emailing, and hosting meetings which is actually more useful than I imagined to monitor and self regulate my daily and weekly progress.

What do you dislike?

Searching for a lead is best by lead number. Using a name whether a person or company does not work well. The amount of questions my company wants us to answer and how they are shown does not provide a instant clear snapshot of my customer or even my lead, we are working to make key adjustments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Coach your companies through their setup, be super mindful of what the daily users have to do and see = make it for them. Use management reports to pull what you need.

Tracking leads and status of deals. The benefit is each consultant manages their own list. They can share them as required. There are reports the leaders can review that are always current.

Nutshell review by Deborah W.
Deborah W.

"Super User Friendly and Support is Fantastic"

What do you like best?

I love how Nutshell integrates completely with my gmail allowing me to respond to customers either from my email or the app on my phone or the web application. It's so easy to keep track of everything!

Additionally, support is fantastic! Every time I've asked for help they've been available within 15 mins to answer my questions and walk me though my problems.

It's also the least expensive program of it's kind with all of the features it offers. I've use several different programs and none have them compared.

What do you dislike?

I literally love everything about this program! They've made a few new updates lately that have somehow made it even better. I can't wait to see where this program goes in the future!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Connect your email and calendar! It'll change your life!

It's super easy to find a customer and get in contact with them. It's also amazing that my whole team can keep record of their interaction with the customer. Additionally, I love that it integrates with my email and google calendar!

With other programs I wasn't able to quickly respond to emails made through the CRM via my actual email, which never really made sense to me. But with Nutshell, if I email a client through my email, it shows up on the Nutshell dashboard and visa-versa! It's AMAZING!

Nutshell review by Clint A.
Clint A.

"Still Working On It"

What do you like best?

The dashboard on Nutshell is great for providing real time information and is easy to understand/use. Adding and removing information from accounts is easy to understand/use. I have had very few issues uploading CSV information to Nutshell and the few problems I had were resolved within 24hrs.

What do you dislike?

The company I am currently using it for uses Nutshell primarily for processing sales operations information. They do not use it as a standard CRM so the staging of contacts to leads to sales is harder to process than it should be. I don't like that the app is not available to windows phone users. I would like to see greater integration of LinkedIn Sales Navigator but I also understand their competitor has paid a lot of money to prevent this.

We have done a great deal of work to use Nutshell to help us with forecasting. We have begun to use Hubspot and incorporated Nutshell to help us with our marketing analytics.

Nutshell review by Justin Z.
Justin Z.

"I like the direction! Still needs polishing."

What do you like best?

I like how active the Nutshell team is at constantly improving the platform. I love how they actively participate in their forums to refine features within the CRM. Aesthetically pleasing and has a Mac OS and iOS app.

What do you dislike?

Within the Mac OS app, there are several bugs which hinder usability. Autocorrect has been a nuisance when attempting to add names and email addresses. Filtering needs some major improvement. An iPad app would be a nice addition. Integration into QB would be ideal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a decent app. I hate to say it, but there is no perfect CRM at the moment that I'm aware of. The combination of features and the willingness of the developers to continue iterating the product could make it pretty darn close.

The parent company that we've merged into was using Excel sheets for CRM management. Nutshell allows me to be more regimented and organized. Assigning tasks with dates and keeping context of the business relationship.

Nutshell review by Thomas S.
Thomas S.

"Nutshell - Great for some, but not for all"

What do you like best?

Nutshell is a simple CRM tool that does not have the features many business have come to rely on, but it provides a cost-effective option for small businesses with a sales volume and client base that requires a good set of functions for a good price and just don't need all the bells and whistles of Salesforce. It integrates nicely with Google Mail, and frankly, even though Salesforce is better, I think I prefer the integration between Nutshell and Google Mail better than the one between Salesforce and Outlook. The simplicity offered by Nutshell is a plus for smaller businesses that sometimes need sales people to 'figure it out' on their own.

What do you dislike?

I want the extra functions a more full-featured CRM offers, because they help me to pull just the accounts that have the status, location, and attributes I am interested in now, so I can make a call list focused on the specific goals I have for today. Nutshell offers plenty of sorting options and is easy to export from, but I move more quickly and am more productive if I can use Salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nutshell will take some getting used to for people used to Salesforce, and it's a good choice for a small business that wants to provide a decent CRM tool to its sales and other teams but needs to spend wisely.

Time is money, and a CRM that saves money will probably provide less efficiency, but I want a good balance between the data I need available to me in the forms that help me use my time well and a cost that fits in a budget that also needs to cover multiple other needs and priorities. On balance. Nutshell delivers that. It's a good choice for people that can afford 'good' and can work with 'good' until a business can afford 'great'.

Nutshell review by Kent M.
Kent M.

"Gets it done and simple to use"

What do you like best?

The design of the program is great and easy to use. There are lots of ways to export reports and easily perform searches. The setup is fairly straightforward and one of the best features is the ability to share things with other users/teams.

Nutshell is divided into People, Companies, and Leads. You can set up processes for your leads with very detailed actions along the way. An example of that would be once a contact is made the ownership of the lead is switched to another user. Team members can be automatically notified that it is their turn to take over. This is a great and powerful feature.

Reports can easily be created with multiple filters. Those can be saved and set to share across departments. They can also be exported to Excel for further analysis.

What do you dislike?

My biggest issue is that they don't support subsidiaries. You have to create multiple companies and then create tags that just identify that it is a sub. Their support is great if you can get a hold of them. I wish they had people on chat but usually, it is set to leave a message.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for startups or people new to creating a CRM.

It really helps you get organized as a company and share responsibilities across departments. It's easy to auto-assign leads to team members based on territory. As a team member, I can keep track of who is logging in and how much time they are spending in the program. It is great for accountability of individual team members. There is never a question now of who owns a lead and what processes need to be performed next.

Nutshell review by JoAnna H.
JoAnna H.

"Great CRM for gmail users"

What do you like best?

The product is incredibly easy to set up, and integrates seamlessly with gmail which really improves the usability of the software because it automatically records interactions with clients. It also schedules my activities right into my google calendar. The dashboard and interface are easy to use and the mobile app is clean and simple. We have this connected to integrations with mail chimp, panda docs, and a form builder to seamlessly automate.

The integrations with gmail are the best around and is what has kept me using nutshell.

What do you dislike?

There are two limitations which make it a little tough for my business:

1) My business is leasing commercial office space, and I would like to define my sales in terms of SF rather than in minutes. I can add a user generated field, but ultimately I have to use a work around to have this work for me. Similarly, I might have 10 leads for one building, which I thought I could set up as a product, but you can't really produce reports by product, so I had to create a work around using the company type which is frustrating.

2) When I add in new contacts to my computer or phone, it does not automatically generate that in the contact list within nutshell. Fix this!

3) Reports - I would like to produce reports that I could share with clients - this is really set up for internal teams I can export the data to excel, but it is a lot of work around to create a report. This is limiting for me.

Leads for commercial real estate leasing and sales.

I am much more organized about who I talked to and when we last connected. I have improved my sales closing and lead generation.

Nutshell review by Tammy  S.
Tammy S.

"Nutshell makes it easy for me to keep track of my sales leads and grow my business!"

What do you like best?

I love the easy to use interface of Nutshell. I can see where I am easily in the sales process and the daily tasks help to keep me on point in my day. In addition the customer support is always easy to reach and very helpful.

What do you dislike?

So far the only the thing is that I do not feel we are utilizing the software to its fullest potential. But that is not against the software itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Nutshell for its easy to use interface and the ability to customize the software to meet your business' specific needs.

I am working on sales leads that have utilized our website in the past. The benefits are having all of my leads in one place. I am able to add notes and schedule our calls in a timely basis. In addition, I like the "watch" button when I think a lead is turning hot and I want to make sure I am keeping an eye on their potential business.

Nutshell review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Nutshell Review"

What do you like best?

This program is EXTREMELY easy to use. I have never needed to use a CRM before, and Nutshell did a great job of walking me through each step, and the program continues to be easy to use, there are so many integrations, and customer service has been A+ thus far.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is only a browser program, not a desktop app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't regret it!

We use it for contact management, we have our sales process updated and our pipeline is developed as a result. It is extremely easy to keep in contact with team members over projects, easy to start and track leads, and email capabilities allow you to know when a someone has read an email you've sent! Extremely useful tool

Nutshell review by Mal M.
Mal M.

"Don't look anywhere else"

What do you like best?

Integrations with Mailchimp and Google Calendar, call recording, sales process mapping, customisation, automatic social account derivation, maps, sales funnel, team activity reports, sales forecasts by confidence levels .... it's just the best CRM I've ever used and I've used a load. When I was looking for a CRM for my new business I ran through a lot but this smashes them all. I've recommended Nutshell to loads of people already. It's incredible.

What do you dislike?

Ummmm ................................... you'll have to come back to me ..................oh! The 'Wallboard' design. It's a bit OK.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a start-up - do it. Cost-effective, customisable but also off-the-shelf excellent.

Start-up. How do I manage my prospects to leads and my leads to paying customers. The core challenge of any business, particularly any start-up. And Nutshell does it amazingly.

Nutshell review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"Nutshell has b been transformative for our business"

What do you like best?

Our favorite part about using Nutshell is the language they use. There are tons of other business-y features I could identify, but it's rare to find a CRM or sales tool that respects people the way that Nutshell does. We value our client relationships at a super high level, so referring to them as leads or some other thing other than "human" is no good.

What do you dislike?

If I had to identify one thing we dislike, building a sales process in nutshell isn't super intuitive.

We keep much closer connections with all of our customers and remember things like birthdays and anniversaries, and we have much better analytics to help us determine what is and isn't working as we work with new prospects.

Nutshell review by James G.
James G.

"International business sales as broker"

What do you like best?

The program is incredibly intuitive. I'm a convert from practicing medicine to business. So, I have no experience in CRM and only in electronic medical records. I was apprehensive as ERM is horrible and couldn't possibly be less user-friendly. I was happily surprised when I began and have continued to use nutshell. I have no better way to explain it other than it works the same way my brain does. It's like having a peripheral brain.

What do you dislike?

Email sending and receiving could be better.

keeping leads at their appropriate relative levels of confidence.

not missing any deadlines.

being able to remind myself of tasks remaining and exactly what I was thinking at any point along the sales/relationship-building process.

Nutshell review by Andrew B.
Andrew B.

"Intuitive product, exceedingly great service"

What do you like best?

Frankly, I like the service best. I know that raises an eyebrow because it makes people wonder, "Why does he need to contact customer service if the product is so great?". That's a legit question but it doesn't mean the product is not great. A good CRM platform is going to be deep and wide and have a lot of functionality that takes a bit of time to learn. I'll admit, I'm not the fastest learner of CRM tools, so once in a while, I ask the team for pointers or help sorting out issues that in most cases I've screwed up myself. In every single case, Nutshell's customer service was immediately available and very happy to help me. They constantly go above and beyond.

What do you dislike?

Virtually nothing. I would like the customizable dashboard to be just a bit more customizable. Right now, there are about 5-6 widgets, but there could be more.

They make it very easy to manage a small or large number of contacts and sales leads in a variety of different styles and methods.

Nutshell review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Nutshell CRM Review"

What do you like best?

We initially decided to give Nutshell a try due to the fact that it solved many problems that our current CRM faced. One of those issues was the lack of mobile accessibility. We have salesmen who are constantly on the road traveling and need access to our database in many situations. Our current CRM does not offer a feature to do this, and the Nutshell app was a great fix for that problem.

Another feature that we enjoy about Nutshell are the built-in maps. Once again, having salesmen on the road means using our database to find customers. Instead of looking up the addresses ahead of time and going through a separate maps app, the built in map feature for Nutshell makes it quick and easy for us to find where we are going and even plan out a trip while already on the road.

What do you dislike?

Our main concern and dislike with Nutshell is the lack of an in-app word processor. Not many CRMs have one that we have found to be effective, but we wish Nutshell had something in-app where we could create quote templates to quickly put together quotes and send them out to customers. We tried incorporating PandaDocs into Nutshell with some success, but it is still not as intuitive as we wished it might be. Overall, we have been very happy with Nutshell and we are working out some final kinks before switching over permanently.

As mentioned in the first box, Nutshell is a way for our outside salesmen to become more effective and efficient while on the road. Not only is it a good database to use in-office, but it makes the lives of our traveling salesmen and service technicians much easier. We are hoping that fully engaging with Nutshell can increase productivity both on the road and in the office, ultimately increasing sales and profit.

Nutshell review by Jared P.
Jared P.

"Doesn't live up to expectations and client support is slow, often times helpless. "

What do you like best?

Nutshell has been easy to use and easy to run reports out of. It's quick and allows for rapid visual assessment of sales and progress with their graphs and reporting. The email integration in contacts is helpful though it's not very robust.

What do you dislike?

There are some major issues with lag time from the dashboard to contacts. No real time updates it seems.

There have been issues with security, not from an outside party but they do not allow customization of what team members can view outside of their very short-sighted standards. For instance, if I don't want a rep to be able to view reports he will also not be able to see any other rep's contacts. Major issue.

Support always takes at least a day to reply to inquiries. That can be a long time when you have a serious issue. There was one time I reached out to support and they were OOO for two days for some training event. Seriously?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about every possible question to evaluate prior to purchase. Ask a lot about the back-end and customization. They'll pitch you on ease of use but this CRM is hardly built out.

Using this software did help us to get more organized as a sales organization but it's very bare bones. Had I really knew what I was getting into I likely would have selected an alternate CRM.

Nutshell review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Nutshell... in a nutshell."

What do you like best?

Integration with email. This gives clarity to anyone looking for information and conversations other co-workers may have had with customers.

What do you dislike?

No ability to attach files in email forms. I can't exclusively use the email for follow ups for deliveries and such due to the lack of ability to attach important documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nutshell has been working great for us at our office. We have several hundred of our customer in the system and it's growing daily. It's been a great benefit for information sharing, sales tracking, forecasting, seeing trends, scheduling follow ups with clients, and all around client based information sharing.

Interoffice information sharing is the largest problem. Ease of access for everyone to all account and customer info and contacts.

We haven't realized any new issues with the use of Nutshell at this time. We're still adapting to it's interface to get the maximum usage for our needs.

Nutshell review by Matthew S.
Matthew S.

"Always improving!"

What do you like best?

I've used Nutshell for about 6 months now, and in that 6 months, I've seen several changes and improvements that help my workflow, especially around reporting. Very easy to use, and very straightforward.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a bit more flexibility in tracking "to-dos" sometimes the software links only to the person, and I have to go back and copy to the lead itself, or the company I'm working with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great CRM for small to medium sized businesses. If you're looking for a quick way to track communication, monitor your teams, and report on various aspects of the sales cycle, this is a great product.

Tracking our customized sales process, as well as better tracking of individual communication with prospects and customers

Nutshell review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Easy to use CRM"

What do you like best?

Very straightforward approach to CRM. Entering leads and contacts is incredibly simple and allows for robust account types. Cost is also fantastic for a start-up.

What do you dislike?

Customization on reports is limited. There are a few default reports that need to allow additional customization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for small businesses!

We were looking for something easy to use, train new people on, and keep within a budget. Nutshell provided a very cost effective solution to our CRM, without forfeiting features.

Nutshell review by User in Computer Software

"Nutshell CRM is Okay"

What do you like best?

One of the things that I liked the most was that it would list the people linked to a certain account at the top of each persons profile. This made things much easier when you are trying to figure who is involved with a certain company.

What do you dislike?

There were unfortunately many things that I disliked about the software. The search tool was probably the worst part if it all. I hate to give them a bad review but the search tool did not understand anything I would want to search, and the only way to successfully search a client or company name was to spell it out completely. Which defeats the purpose of a drop down for the search tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely check out all if the options when it comes to a CRM software. Our company found nutshell to be more helpful in the beginning when you do not have many clients or potential clients. As our company grew the little things such as the search tool, lead tracker, and other features started to slow down our work.

Nutshell was a great software in the beginning for a CRM software. There were many benefits to the software such as a easy way to keep all of your client's information together and to track your conversations and interactions with them.

Nutshell review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Great CRM for Sales, OK CRM for Non-Profits"

What do you like best?

Seems to be growing with us, so new things are added all the time. They have great support & are very responsive to requests or questions. Their desktop is sleek & very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

That is so COMPLETELY focused on sales that a lot of the things on the dashboard or the client page is so pointless for us. It is not really adjustable so that the primary information on the page is focused on what I want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good for sales. Good Pricing. Great Support.

IT allows us to keep track of our clients and their information & conversations we have had with them.

Nutshell review by Lisa S.
Lisa S.

"We Love Nutshell!"

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use so it lets even my not so computer literate sales people feel at ease with it.

What do you dislike?

Overall I really enjoy using Nutshell. I would like the ability to have more than one pipeline, and for the keep in touch to have a module on the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great CRM that your employees will actually enjoy using because it is easy to use!

We know track our orders from leads all the way through the stages of manufacturing so all of our sales people know where their order is with that customer is in the process.

Nutshell review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"My favorite small/medium-sized-biz CRM"

What do you like best?

Nutshell has been great for our software firm as it grew from a startup to a mid-market company. Nutshell is very similar to us in age, culture, feature philosophy, etc. so I always enjoy interacting with the team. The Support (via chat and email) is excellent and they are always willing to hear new feature ideas and requests. The affordability makes it a great first CRM for new and small businesses.

What do you dislike?

Importing can sometimes result in a lot of duplicate leads, so data cleanliness becomes a bit of an issue as you grow. Reporting has some room to grow but it's not too bad right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

See if you can test your integrations, particularly if you are importing data.

New sales people are able to jump right in with minimal training. Workflows are customizable, and tracking prospect information is a breeze.

Nutshell review by Laura S.
Laura S.

"Modern, intuitive, and integrated"

What do you like best?

I like the integration with gmail so that all emails are automatically logged. It's easy to see last contact for a particular person or company as a whole

What do you dislike?

Not much- but I do wish that we could more easily track client implementation projects in nutshell

Automatic visibility to prospective and client communication. Reporting and analytics around the sales pipeline. Communication between users ineternally

Nutshell review by Jenny S.
Jenny S.

"Best app ever"

What do you like best?

Calendar, where you can keep track of your daily task and activities. I like the most is I can upload business cards info, look at the uploaded image anytime and no need to type anything! The system is user friendly too.

What do you dislike?

When you have to refresh to update info.

When using mobile access, I need to refresh it more often,

Mobile use, you get booted often maybe from slow internet?

Some uploaded business cards cannot be read and uploads empty

You can make a report easily and no need to retype same thing just to send reports to superiors

Nutshell review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"A Simple CRM Without the Excess Bulk"

What do you like best?

The lead view and organizing by filters. The dashboards are also great to get an overview of what is going on for the month.

What do you dislike?

Just wish for a little more customization, but not much. Wish tasks in leads would show up on the calendar that we can sync to iCal or Google Calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the custom filters within your leads and organize them on the Lead view.

We needed to see an overall view of leads on one page and Nutshell works perfect for that. It's really simple to use which is why we love it.

Nutshell review by Edward F.
Edward F.

"Fantastic CRM that has all the bells and whistles as the large firms at a cheap price."

What do you like best?

The program does most of the work for me. Most of my contacts are auto populated from my google account and all tasks autosync'd to my calendar.

What do you dislike?

I'm such a big fan that I wish there was a reseller program. I've referred at least 5 clients their way. I also wish there was QuickBooks integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a great program that has several features that larger players have, this is the program for you!

I'm looking to better organize all of the leads we receive into one location and centralize the workflow associated with said leads.

Nutshell review by Isabeau E.
Isabeau E.

"Our sales team is now finally a team!"

What do you like best?

I love the intuitive layout. It is so simple to keep up with each and every lead. And it's simple to create a new lead. The ability to tag my team members is incredibly helpful. If I have a thought about an account, I can just tag someone and not have to spend time hunting them down and talking. It has saved me a ton of time. Plus, other team members can make notes on the accounts too. Also, I love that I can track all email communication and that Nutshell is linked to Google Suites, keeping all the appointments right on my calendar.

What do you dislike?

I wish Nutshell had a better to do (task) system. I don't use it because I can't put dates on the tasks and organize them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have 2-3 staff members learn it first before teaching everyone. One person doesn't find all the cool tricks right away.

We were trying to streamline leads for sales. We have saved enormous amounts of time tracking, creating and following up on leads. It is a fantastic sales tool.

Nutshell review by Xavier S.
Xavier S.

"A great & simple CRM tool !"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Nutshell is the easy management of leads. It's so useful to manage your projects by company and to see your achievements growing over the time and work. It's important to feel you've fullfilled your duty and to see your projects progressing. More generally, Nutshell really works as a web app, easy to use and ergonomically smart.

(Plus, I love the click & call function !)

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the links between leads and company are confuse and not that clear. Would be great to see in a big frame the leads attached to a company/people. More over it would be great to see your team's leads in your personal leads (because team leads also belongs to you!). Maybe is it already possible and I haven't realized that ?

Also, that would be more convenient to have the phone reporting window while you're on a phone call and not after in order to write down the key information of your conversation in real time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be careful when importing your data to have it organized as your former database or even better.

Decide with your team how you want to add information about your contacts and how you manage your leads and your sales process in order to "speak the same language" !

As a FinTech app company, it's very useful to use such a CRM tool as Nutshell because it has enabled us to organize our prospection and, furthermore, to focus on priorities. Having a clear sum up of what you've done and what you're supposed to do with a prospect/customer is very nice.

Nutshell review by Melissa L.
Melissa L.

"Best CRM for the money "

What do you like best?

Nutshell is very affordable with great customizable features like the sales pipeline, products and services, easy to use lead uploading and task management, I have used this for 3 separate start-up businesses and would recommend it to everyone! I also love the customer service team, whenever I have a question they are at my fingertips to solve the problem or suggest a solution. Cannot beat that level of service!

What do you dislike?

It is still fairly young, but it is not a dislike because they are still very open to platform feature recommendations. Even it's weak spot is not a flaw but another feature!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the most platform and features you will get for your money. Hands down this is all you need to build your leads, expand your client base, keep ordering history notes or documentation for all customer service needs which you can access anywhere at any time. The mobile app is crucial when preparing for meetings, to refresh your memory on all previous encounters with that client. One stop sales shop!

Being able to communicate in a sales platform with all members of the team or company, tagging people with pertinent information without having to make a call or send another email is great and time saving, I also love that it will allow you to schedule tasks and reminders, on a contact, lead or account. We have been using this with our Phone marketing goals and have seen tremendous results with the ability to schedule timely and precise follow-up contact with prospects.

Nutshell review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"Great entry-level sales CRM at a great price!"

What do you like best?

Nutshell has made a lot of recent improvements that have increased my usability greatly. The new reporting engine is a huge step in the right direction!

What do you dislike?

Changes to the product seem to come at odd times throughout the workday, which can be pretty disconcerting. Also, the way that Companies, People, and Leads interact is more rigid than I would like.

A simple tool to track the sales process and communication with prospects.

Nutshell review by April M.
April M.

"Cost effective, great for small business, but has some growing pains..."

What do you like best?

The customization for list views and data.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike not being able to attach a document from within the CRM. I love the mass email feature and the sync with gmail, but not being able to attach a document from within nutshell means that I have to go back and forth instead of being able to do everything from within nutshell.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are growing, and if you only need something to help keep you organized and keep track of your interactions and communications, then this is a great option. If you want inventory linking, sales tracking beyond the original bid on the lead, it's just not there yet. If you like to send a large amount of mass emails, whithout graphics or attachments, then Nutshell is super simple and effective due to the ease of template (text only) creation and list view filters.

Nutshell is an excellent way to organize and track communication and interaction with clients and leads. I really enjoy the timeline, especially the ability to see when an email has been veiwed.

Nutshell review by Jody M.
Jody M.

"Nutshell is very useful"

What do you like best?

Nutshell makes working remotely easy and convenient. It has it's glitches but overall is very useful. I use it daily during the week, it is very user friendly and easy to navigate. I've used many other similar apps and Nutshell is the best so far.

What do you dislike?

The one thing I don't like is the new updated dashboard. It's too much, too many options and I can spend all day trying to arrange my dashboard.

It makes doing business easy, easy to manage data and info, it cuts down on time.

Nutshell review by Greg W.
Greg W.

"Great for Me"

What do you like best?

As a newcomer to CRMs, Nutshell is pretty straightforward and easy to understand. I really enjoy the dashboard feature we can display in the office so everyone can see how our pipeline is doing. I also love the "Scan business card" feature which makes networking so much better.

What do you dislike?

There are a few kinks that I am working out when it comes to adding leads and not duplicating people. I need to dig around a little longer.

We have clarity in our sales process, and accountability for the whole team.

Nutshell review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"A decent product but not the best"

What do you like best?

The customer service at Nutshell was very responsive. They were very gracious in responding to all our questions as we got set up.

The design is sleek and intuitive. All the major functions of the product were easy to figure out.

What do you dislike?

We transitioned to Nutshell from a different CRM, and the migration was very difficult. It took weeks of time from our team, and from their customer service, and still our data had not all migrated correctly.

Once we were finally up and running we found that the Search feature was not robust enough to work for us. It was also too difficult to see an overall view of our entire company's sales pipeline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are migrating to Nutshell from Capsule as we did, you might have trouble importing all your data correctly. The data did not sync well between those 2 products.

We tried to use Nutshell as a CRM, however after trying it for several months we decided to use a different system that had a more robust search feature and a better dashboard overview.

Nutshell review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Great CRM to stat from scratch with -importing a database from other CRM, not so much. "

What do you like best?

Enjoy the lead stats in an easy to view format. The dashboard is generally very clear, although the new update isn't my favorite. Admin view of what all sales reps are doing is super helpful.

What do you dislike?

The ability to bulk update tasks would be a huge benefit that Nutshell hasn't realized yet. The import from a CSV leaves something to be desired...especially larger imports such as when we added our entire database or larger groups of new contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're doing large bulk updates regularly, this software may be more work than it's worth. Great for manual entry or smaller databases (10k contacts or less)

Time management when tracking tasks and assigning prospects to sales reps has gotten much quicker.

Nutshell review by Justin K.
Justin K.

"Simple and versatile"

What do you like best?

Simple and flexible. Our business is set up different than most, being able to set it up around what we need and how our sales cycle works is very reassuring. So far it has been stable and reliable. The mobile app has worked seamlessly. In my time using it there haven't been any problems.

What do you dislike?

Honestly not much, the only thing is that after a project is won or lost it stays in it's stage, but I have a feeling that is something that can be ironed out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go wild, it is simple and flexible.

Staying on top of a lot of leads where there needs to be cushion time in between contact, it is a good way to stay on top clients.

Nutshell review by Craig M.
Craig M.

"Made the switch from Salesforce to Nutshell for our CRM"

What do you like best?

The people at Nutshell spent tons of time making sure we were a good fit and that we were comfortable with their product and processes. They bent over backwards to show us the functionality and offered to help us with uploading files and demo the services.

What do you dislike?

There are still a few features that could be better handled by default with some programming changes but there are suitable workarounds to handle our very specific business. Plus they actually listen to their small company customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can get up and running quickly. You have tons of customization options (which can be a little tricky) and their support is fantastic.

CRM for sales team. Still loading system up to go live for 12/12/16.

Nutshell review by User

"Nutshell is easy to pick up on and is very helpful in managing and improving my daily productivity. "

What do you like best?

I most utilize nutshell in recording conversations with potential and current clients. That part has been integral for me as there are times when my sale with a client will stretch out over a year and therefore i can go back and easily review my prior conversations.

What do you dislike?

The app can be a little more difficult to work with. There are times when the information is harder to access while on the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nutshell certainly deserves a strong consideration. I have had a good experience with it and have been able to pick up quickly.

My sales process is easier to mainstream as I have definitive steps built in Nutshell to keep me on track. That has been very helpful.

Nutshell review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Affordable and effective"

What do you like best?

This thing does it all. Contacts, leads, people, mails, calls, notes, there is nothing Nutshell cannot log.

The custom sales process/ stages are really helpful

The metrics dashboard gives a comprehensive view

Automatically collects contact information, even with just a mail id

Awesome filters to modify data

Logging activity & notes make it very useful

Good android/ iOS app

Customer support is great

What do you dislike?

Can get a bit slow and heavy

No way to bulk upload data

Bulk download doesn't give out few fields like e-mail id

The chrome extension is not good

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please improve the gmail extension

Easy information access

Easy allocation of work

Reports are great

Automatic filling up of contact information has saved a lot of time

Nutshell review by Trevor E.
Trevor E.

"Excellent Software"

What do you like best?

All of the ability to customize data fields and add endless tags is extremely useful for labeling and organizing leads.

What do you dislike?

Setting up structured campaigns could be more intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

More automated sales campaign options versus relying on scheduling individual activities for next steps.

Our business has very long sales cycles. Nutshell makes it easy to collect unique data points on each lead, along with personalized notes. This dramatically helps maintain thoughtful relationships with many customizers over long periods of time.

Nutshell review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Nutshell is very basic and not the best experience for a CRM"

What do you like best?

The portal is easy to access and update your various leads. The sorting/ability to customize the process is decent.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't integrate to other applications, is NOT responsive and doesn't offer a mobile app, the UI is a bit dated

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can only use it on a desktop which is not ideal if you want to use it from your phone/tablet.

We store all potential projects (leads) in Nutshell to manage our sales pipeline. Nutshell helps show us what is coming and when including what specific services/needs are included in the project.

Nutshell review by Frank Z.
Frank Z.

"Been using Nutshell for the last 4 years and they come a long way"

What do you like best?

We jumped on Nutshell from another obsolete CRM solution back in 2010 and ever since they've improved their platform really well. We love the google Integration and the fact that all the emails get synced automatically without worrying about attaching anything. The process design also is great tool

What do you dislike?

Perhaps an iPad app for bigger screen users but other than that the browser version does the trick.

Running our company and managing 1000s of the leads that come through.

Nutshell review by Jordan W.
Jordan W.

"Great for Small Business"

What do you like best?

Nutshell's interface is user friendly, and aesthetically pleasing. The ability to organize clients is robust if you're willing to put in the time up front to organize your data entry.

What do you dislike?

The categories and labels are not super intuitive

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great entry-level CRM for a new business!

Organizing leads within a sales funnel is a breeze!

Nutshell review by Deb B.
Deb B.

"This is the CRM for me and my Clients!!"

What do you like best?

Thank you G2 Crowd and Nutshell. What an amazing, intuitive and clever CRM. It's what I've been looking for. I'll be calling today to discuss signing myself and my Clients up. What great value.

Happy to provide a testimonial in six weeks time, so please follow up : )

Have a fantastic day!

Deb Bowey

Phenomenal Results Automation Marketing.

What do you dislike?

There's been a couple of things to stump me so far, but considering I only started yesterday and have nearly finished setting up the system - that's more than ok.

I'm sure your clever team will have the solutions, you guys are on the ball : )

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having checked out numerous CRM systems and having worked with CRM systems for a very long time - I can thoroughly recommend this system if you want an easy to use interface, that is stream-lined and intuitive. I have barely had to use the search function and just worked it out as I have gone along. It flows logically and provides you with everything you will need to take your Company Automation and Client Care to the next level.

Fleshing out the exact requirements and the customisations is a skill and if you need assistance I am always happy to help. By planning it correctly in the first instance you can anticipate the end requirements and results to need to have and implement them accordingly.

If you would like your Nutshell CRM System set up ready to use, we can do this for you, whether you are overseas or local.

My vision is to provide a holistic automating system which takes care of Branding, Marketing, Social Media, Client and Lead Nurture and Sales / System Automations.

1. Most business's Online presence do not do their brand or name justice. It lets them down and costs them sales. Of late I have noticed something disturbing! Many Marketing Companies who offer Web Facelifts; own Websites themselves with Broken-links, Spelling and Grammar errors, poor Functionality and lack-lustre Copywriting. Essential and basic marketing devices like a 'Call to Action' and placement of Company phone number and email address on the top RH Side of every page is often missing. So, they either don't really know what they are doing or are so busy working in their business that they have neglected their own Marketing and Online presentation. Sadly, it is generally the latter - and any Advertising Company that doesn't recognise that their own Website is their best Portfolio Example is missing a goldmine of opportunity. As a litmus test it is safe to assume that if they can't produce a quality site for themselves - they may not be the right fit for you.

Combine clever SEO infused soft toned Copywriting, multiple layered Marketing techniques, an attractive Design, Functionality, quality Logos and Graphics and you create the 'Perfect Storm!' An avalanche of enquiries and sales!

2. However most Business's are already struggling with their current workload of Administration, Sales and Client Care and wouldn't cope well with the influx of work that my Branding Facelifts produce. I'll assess your Business processes and design an Automated System GUARANTEED to free up your time.

Your fully functional Automated System is pre-programmed and customised to your Business's specific needs, ready for you to just begin using (We do the entire set up for you!).and is designed to give you the freedom to keep these services in-house or allow us to manage them for you. Our Virtuous Assistants love solving problems - in any area of your Business. We also provide sitting services whilst you are away on holidays - keeping your business ticking over whilst you have a well deserved re-charge. Imagine coming back to a full book order and no painful catch-ups!

Phenomenal Results Automated Marketing - PRAM; was conceived from multiple encounters with Business Owners just like you! You know you need to have a credible internet presence plus harness the power of technology - but just don't know where to start. It can be very over-whelming and daunting. Our all-round approach is about giving our Clients sustainable, continual improvement in every area of your business - with measurable results.

Your initial consultation is free and I will share with you lots of useful information that you can implement immediately to improve your results. Plus I will copy-write one full webpage from your site and gift you the copyright for this - so you can use it on your site. I'll also assess your Site from the perspective of a 'User' and let you know what issues there are in your current site. Even if you plan to re-vamp or launch a new site you can improve the function, look, performance and results of your current site NOW!

My Website is currently being built and in keeping with my own advice; will be an immaculate conception - showcasing our skills and abilities. I will do a Case Study on PRAM -- to show just how quickly you can have market reach and influence.

My Phone Number is 61 400 118 629 - I live in the lucky country, Australia. Even if you are based internationally we can still assist you. We offer a fully satisfied or your money back guarantee so you have nothing to lose, everything to gain and the sooner you call me - the sooner we can put you and your business on the map!

Nutshell review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Easy to use CRM for small business. "

What do you like best?

CRM does not have to be complicated or expensive. Easy to set up and get going. Nutshell makes using a CRM pretty straight forward. The interface does not lag and the UI/UX is good. They have come a long way helping sales teams who want to keep track of their metrics and for managers to drill down in reports to see where improvements can occur as well as forecast.

What do you dislike?

While Nutshell desires to be a very easy to use CRM, they do not have the dashboard analytics and reports that are available with other programs.

Nutshell helps define and track the sales process in order to create more opportunities, close, and recognize revenue. Cuts down the hassle of needing to spend time and money to customize for a specific business. Very inexpensive CRM option.

Nutshell review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Awesome CRM for a Small Business"

What do you like best?

Being able to track history with clients and share it with co-workers is an awesome tool when cold-calling and working with leads.

What do you dislike?

Due to some internal functions within our company, we weren't able to utilize all of the integrations. Additionally, I was a bigger fan of the original dashboard before it was changed to the new style. Lastly, leads are more suited for a product type of company rather than a variable service organization like ourself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you utilize all the features, this can be an extremely helpful and extremely rewarding software. The functions and use of the functions make it worth the money you are paying. IE: you get out what you put in.

We are a vending company helping solve beverage and food solutions for small and medium size organizations. This has been extremely helpful to look at history with our clients and with cold calling prospective companies.

Nutshell review by Ákos K.
Ákos K.

"Excellent, flexible, the most user-friendly, intuitive CRM out there"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface the best, as it is very intuitive, our salespeople love to use it. It is easy to find the functions, to fill the system up with data and to log activities.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app hangs sometimes and there is no iPad app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ideal for small sales teams, multiplatform, user-friendly. Very easy to set up.

The greatest benefit is that we have full transparency about the leads our company is following.

Nutshell review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Uncompromising time saving CRM tool"

What do you like best?

Nutshell really helps me to stay organized. I like that I can set up a process and it will auto assign tasks for each of the new leads I add. This ensures that I don't drop the ball, but it doesn't require me to set up a task schedule for each individual lead I add. This process saves me a significant amount of time without compromising my relationships with my leads. Almost everything that I need is in Nutshell. Very rarely do I think, I wonder if I can do.... and find that Nutshell doesn't have that functionality.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is a bit tedious entering details and initially setting things up takes some work, but that is true for everything. It would be really nice if the contact info autofilled for the company associated with an individual, or vice versa.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend you try nutshell first. It is a great system, but I would recommend making sure you are comfortable using it; not everyone likes the way it works. I would also expect a bit of setup time and a learning curve.

Nutshell helps us keep track of all of our leads and it improves our relationships with leads, which leads to even greater sales.

Nutshell review by User

"I think this is a great product."

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly the software is and that you can flip from page to page very easily. I also like that the tabs are pretty self explanatory with the labels that are used. The format overall looks good from an outside of the software perspective but when delving in it is very professional.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lead sections and how it is connected to the people's pages but I also think that has more to do with my unfamiliarity with the territory. I find there is hard to find things to dislike because it is not something I use for more than a few things such as adding people, leads, etc. I think people who have a wide variety of uses for this system will be able to pull more suggestions on this on how to improve because with almost anything, there is room to grow and make it better over time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look before, but I think you will like it.

I am working on making appointments and by looking at the people through nutshell. The benefits I have noticed is that now I can see locations with ease and offices. I also like how there are ways to add multiple contact information, such as for phones, you can add office, cell, assistant, and custom, which helps for when you are going back again and want to know what the primary one is.

Nutshell review by Matt M.
Matt M.

"Simple CRM with Enterprise Level Features!"

What do you like best?

Nutshell's simplicity is what keeps me and my team completely informed on the company's sales cycle, without all the unnecessary bloat of other CRM's.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet! I've run multiple sales teams on Nutshell, and the experience has been flawless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

na

We're able to close sales quicker, by using Nutshell to keep everyone on the same page. The "wall" also keeps the team on their toes, and creates a sense of teamwork.

Nutshell review by Bill D.
Bill D.

"Great Way to Keep Track"

What do you like best?

I like NutShell since it is easy to use and is clean. I use this daily and it works wonders. I like the way I can use tags to break up my sales and information.

What do you dislike?

At some points It would be better to be able to update the time and location on map. i do notice that it is a hickup.

Tracking Calls and Information

Nutshell review by Patrik J.
Patrik J.

"I have reviewed"

What do you like best?

I like the way I can customize the platform and personalize the steps. Tracking of progress and task notifications.

What do you dislike?

Analytics and reporting, we do not get what we are looking for. Also creation of a lead could be simplified. What also bothers is the lack of outline in the calendar.

I hardly realized anything but the platform is great for tracking the leads and what stage they are at.

Nutshell review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Business Development Hub"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Customizable features. User-interface.

What do you dislike?

Seems like I have to re-enter filters often instead of just setting and leaving them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate. Make the switch. I have used a number of options prior to Nutshell and it is by far the most enjoyable and user-friendly that I have experienced.

We use it as a biz dev hub primarily, but value its contact management capabilities as well.

Nutshell review by User in Information Technology and Services

"It's very user friendly and useful"

What do you like best?

The easy and user-friendly thinking of the creators.

What do you dislike?

I didn't find a proper crm integration for it, no reminders or notes for prospecting clients

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend for those, who has wide customer range and want to differentiate between the different target groups

I record the contacts and the leads with Nutshell. The biggest benefit is, that I can separate the (potential) customers and I can see what kind of marketing should be sent to which.

Nutshell review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Good but opportunity for improved service is the golden ticket waiting to be taken"

What do you like best?

I like the clean look of the software and my favorite tool is that one that allows me to take a picture of a business card and it puts the person into my database. Also like the feature that allows me to makes calls from within the app and log it as I go

What do you dislike?

Hours of customer service is weak. Appearntly the west coast customers are not as desirable as east coast If you don't make a call by 11am you will not reach them. So for west coast customers we have 1/3 of the day to discover a problem or we are supportless. The problem of duplicates still remains. Sometimes they're are 5-10 of same clients. Need a better method of cleaning. Reports are very limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make your support calls early morning.

Contact management. Seeing clients activity anywhere I am

Nutshell review by Matthew W.
Matthew W.

"Simply, the best CRM web application. Fast setup and great support."

What do you like best?

There is a lot to like about Nutshell. We came over from Salesforce after 6 years of use and our sales team couldn't be happier. I'm practically the office hero for making the switch. The changeover was incredibly fast too, I had my sales team ditching Salesforce after 1 week. That includes moving our data over, which was thousands of accounts, thousands of contacts and tens of thousands of history notes. Nutshell's import tool is amazing and since our company offers SaaS, we ended up building our own import data tool for our clients that was inspired by theirs. It actually took the most time to fix the data that Salesforce gave us as it was very fragmented.

The main feature that we all love here is the sales process component. We have built an amazing sales process in Nutshell that has lead to us having around a 30% close rate for all our leads. Our business is primarily word of mouth/AdWords but that number has improved greatly since making the switch from Salesforce. The building of our sales process was really easy too. When you click any of the setup links in Nutshell you'll find really helpful description boxes that detail the component you're looking at, I didn't have to ask for help or watch a stupid webinar to get setup. It's another feature we are emulating in our own web application. The sales process functions like a task list so you have various tasks at the top of your to-do list, which can be passed around to various members in your team and when they are marked as completed it auto-advances to the next task with a due date based on how you set your sales process up. It really is amazing. Our leads were slipping through the cracks ALL the time in Salesforce since nothing is automated and we were constantly moving accounts into new categories based on the level of contact we had with them. Now with it being automated none of our leads get missed. When we lose leads we all are confident that we put the effort in regardless.

How about this too, there are no stupid save buttons all over the place like Salesforce, if you want to change the name of a contact, account, etc you just click and start typing, it doesn't do postbacks to their server it just saves in the background so you can immediately click to the next page while it's saving. For someone who actually KNOWS how to use web applications and is really fast at clicking this is huge for me. I am much more productive not having to click edit screens and waiting on the application to save changes.

There's also a really cool 'wallboard' feature that we place on a big TV in our sales area and it shows live updates and biggest lead wins that month. It's pretty motivating for our sales team.

The Integrations and the improvements they have made on them are really fantastic. We now integrate with a tool called Quoteroller that automates the sending of quotes for leads. It pulls information directly from Nutshell to create the quote. We've also used Zapier to link Nutshell with Trello. This allows us to start a process for the incentive part of our business and involve people in our shipping without forcing them to be a salesperson in Nutshell. We've also used Zapier to send New Leads from Nutshell into Hipchat to our sales discussion room so we can easily discuss new leads without emails or posting updates in Nutshell which would clutter things up pretty quick. Lastly when a lead is Won it sends an email to our accounting department with the details so they can create the account in Quickbooks in preparation of billing.

The support at Nutshell is great too. While you won't find a phone number to call they have in application chat and their product specialists answer right away. You can tell their team members believe in and enjoy what they are doing. It's exciting to build something new and see the success of it when you are offering something that none of the competition offers. This really shows in their staff.

What do you dislike?

They fixed my last dislike about search wonkiness so I have removed it.

One thing that I don't like is that if a task is overdue and you delay it, it delays it from the date it was due rather than the current date. I wish it was the other way around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've recommended to many clients of ours already. This is the simplest tool out there and makes your sales team like the administrative part of sales.

The main problem that we've solved is sales people who aren't that technical or organized. Our sales team EXCELS on the phone but isn't the best via email and notes. Nutshell made it so they don't mind typing notes into a CRM and actually enjoy completing the tasks to advance the stage of a sale. I was pretty much managing all that for everyone in Salesforce and doing purges of untouched accounts was a regular thing there. Here my work has drastically decreased to the point where I don't need to look at accounts and see if things are getting done.

Nutshell review by Samuel C.
Samuel C.

"Great Way to Manage Prospects"

What do you like best?

I like that it is customizable with goals, tasks, and the notes that link to email

What do you dislike?

I dont like how the appointments get lost within the tasks on the new dashboard. They should be prominently displayed

Keeping track of goals on a daily basis so I can strategize to hit them. I have realized how many calls/emails it actually takes to get a sale.

Nutshell review by Thomas G.
Thomas G.

"Best CRM tool out there!"

What do you like best?

The organization, and ease of connecting contracts, and prospects/leads.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is not as user friendly as I would like, and the downloading of the reports required more manual manipulation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best tool I have found.

Keeping tabs on quotes, and leads, as well as safe keeping documentation. The mobile app also makes being in an office without walls much easier.

Nutshell review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Pleasantly surprised at the ease of Nutshell"

What do you like best?

Very easy to add new companies, contacts and customize the dashboard to fit my needs.

What do you dislike?

I haven't gotten very deep into it yet, but I'd like it to be more selective on what emails are attached to Nutshell. It appears that only full conversations can be linked, and not parts of a conversation. Still investigating that though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give them a chance. Not a big name brand, but pretty powerful site.

Great way to stay connected with team members within our company to keep up on status of a client or project. Perfect when someone is on vacation.

Nutshell review by Catia P.
Catia P.

"Easy to use and portable"

What do you like best?

Is really immediate to use and easy to learn and teach. More over you can use with the application on mobile phone that helps you with calls and registration of the actions done

What do you dislike?

The increasing monthly price in the last three years

it helps me to keep in mind meetings, calls and every speech I had with my leads or clients

Nutshell review by Alisa K.
Alisa K.

"CRM with a great insights"

What do you like best?

There are some great insights you can get from nutshell by evaluating leads and finding out what works and that doesn't. The feature to record phone calls is incredible.

What do you dislike?

There is definitely a slight learning curve to understanding all the features.

Sorting out all of our leads and gaining more clients.

Nutshell review by User in Internet

"Perfect CRM for partner management"

What do you like best?

So simple and fluid between companies and contacts. I live in the platform most days each week and it's perfect for keeping a transparent track record of my accounts

What do you dislike?

The way emails get logged is still confusing to me. I don't understand the visibility settings and not sure how appointments/calendar is integrated

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect for small sales and acct management operations teams especially in ad tech

My manager is across the country so instead of CC'ing him on everything I just rely on Nutshell as a place he can go to check on my accounta

Nutshell review by Vaidyanath N.
Vaidyanath N.

"Nutshell review"

What do you like best?

Easy to add customers and leads and follow updates on leads from multiple stakeholders

What do you dislike?

Limited functionality to export reports to formats like excel

Recommendations to others considering the product

Complete sales team needs to leverage the product to realize full benefirs

Managing sales leads

Helped us streamline sales process from lead generation to follow up to deal closure

Nutshell review by Logan H.
Logan H.

"Nutshell is a solid CRM"

What do you like best?

I've tried Batchbook, Highrise, Base and Nimble in the past... Nutshell won just slightly past Base

- Ease of entering data/info... Many times with other CRMs, you click on a field to change date and it opens up a whole new page (wasting precious seconds per contact update - that add up to minutes and hours wasted).. instead, Nutshell allows for these changes with a quick click

- The automated task workflows - which is typically an upsell extra cost with other CRMS (if they offer at all)

- the iPhone app is pretty good, not amazing, but probably equal to any other CRM iOS app out there

- Great customer service - though would like the ability to call customer service one day

- I like the goal setting feature and the dashboard counter which shows progress vs goal tally

What do you dislike?

- the user interface is fine... but I prefer the more modern, bigger box look of Base and Nimble

- I think it lacks social media profile integration that some of the others seem to have - like being able to easily see what contacts are up to on LinkedIn, Facebook (part of that may be due to those social channels locking access)

- I'm not a fan of them referring to potential deals as "Leads"... I prefer the flow Base uses where Leads are random leads you don't know, Contacts are real relationships you do know and Deals are actual deals/proposals... Anyway, just a different way of looking at things... but I've adapted to how Nutshell labels these items

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good solid product and a good price. I recommend it.

- Easier to focus on what new leads/contacts need to be contacted

- Easier to share leads/contacts with team members for them to handle

- Good goal setting to see how we are progressing day to day, week to week

Nutshell review by Eric W. O.
Eric W. O.

"Perfect tool to stay on top of all customer interaction."

What do you like best?

I really like the way that all customer contact can easily be enetered into Nutshell and very quickly reviewed to stay on top of customer contacts. Also, the activities tool is very helpful to planmy time and then quickly log the synopsis of the contact and schedule any follow up activities based on the same accounts and contacts. The value I receive for my subscription rate almost seems too good. I would honestly pay 20% more for this service, especially if some of that money went to development (see the dislike section.)

What do you dislike?

I would really like to see an iPad version come out. The iPhone version is functional, but pretty clunky. iPhone app development and improvements would be nice to see as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like Nutshell because they have captured the balance of functionality and options. The ease of use makes it very easy to continue to keep my accounts and contacts up to date which makes Nutshell even more applicable to my every day business.

I no longer have to try to remember all of the personalized details of my accounts and contacts because I have the ability to look up my notes quickly. Colleagues have watched me integrate Nutshell into my business and are very impressed with its abilities.

Nutshell review by Bart P.
Bart P.

"Full Featured CRM That Doesn't Require A 3rd Party Consultant To Run "

What do you like best?

We are a manufacturer that has sales leads that are handled in-house and others that are distributed to dealers.

This creates real visibility issues. We wanted to be able to see where our leads go, what they are worth, and did they close, so we can scorecard our dealers and our in-house sales teams. This is impossible with simple CRM systems or very expensive with Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other full feature CRMs. (Their expensive because you have to hire an expert to setup these CRM systems to get this visibility.)

With Nutshell, we had that visibility on day one with no outside consultants. Using their tagging and their different market features we are easily able to track if a lead is transferred to a dealer, or handled in-house and what the results of that lead are.

The reporting is very powerful. You can easily filter by a ton of criteria to find exactly what you are looking for in seconds.

Location filtering of Accounts. (When a lead comes in that we are going to hand off to a dealer, I simply plugin the zipcode of that lead and Nutshell shows me the dealers within 5, 25, 50, 100, 250 miles.) This makes handoffs very quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

They removed the auditing feature that they used to have. This was a trail of who made what changes to leads, contacts, accounts that was nice for managers to have. Word is their bringing it back but not sure when.

Acitivities and Tasks have to be tied to a lead, contact or account. That means I can't put internal activiities in Nutshell. If I have adminstrative housekeeping tasks that I need to do, I have keep track of these in a seperate system (Outlook, Wrike, etc.) I wish I could keep track of all my tasks in Nutshell.

Their Zapier actions are very basic. I can only create a lead or contact using Zapier. I wish I could make more changes to Nutshell using Zapier.

Visibility of leads no matter where they go (in-house, or to dealers). Scorecarding our dealers. Very easy reporting.

Nutshell review by Jim V.
Jim V.

"Nutshell, a great CRM for a growing business!"

What do you like best?

Simplicity in setting up (data transfer and their staff willingness to actually assist) and learning Nutshell. Excellent features such as mapping, creating teams, duplicate removal and more.

What do you dislike?

Probably the only thing I dislike is the mobile versions so far, they are pretty good, but not as good and as thorough as the desktop version. I'm hoping there's an update in the works to make the mobile versions even better.

Better communication for my team members across the board, simple and easy to get new users up and running, time savings.

Nutshell review by User in Recreational Facilities and Services
User in Recreational Facilities and Services

"Not user friendly. It takes a long time to learn to use everything"

What do you like best?

organized and helps keep pipeline full at all times, we can see where we need to focus our attention as far as setting appointments and following up

What do you dislike?

Difficult to use. Many issues with tasks past and due today.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have patience

We are able to see where people are at at all times throughout their purchase process

Nutshell review by Bruno L.
Bruno L.

"Great CRM Software"

What do you like best?

- A simple but powerful UI/UX

- A very well documented REST API

- Beautiful Dashboards

- Great technical support and customer service

The Nutshell team has always been available for us with a short response time and great answers.

We integrated very easily with their APIs and grew our business since.

What do you dislike?

- Slowness when large number of entries are present

- Internationalization can be tricky

- More 3rd party integration would help

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try!

- Managing leads and customers

- Improving workflows

- Increasing sales

Nutshell review by User in Computer Software

"Most User Friendly CRM I have used "

What do you like best?

What I like most is the ability to add links such as Linkedin to a profile for an easy snapshot of a leads detailed information.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I cannot easily view people within a company that I have not contacted when I'm viewing the company tab. The contact date reflects the last time I contacted anyone within the company and when you manage 20+ companies it can be time consuming to click each one to view the people inside that you need to contact.

we are helping leaders within the mortgage industry recruit new producers and this system is great for tracking the hierarchy of the organization and working our way up the chain to the decision makers.

Nutshell review by David R.
David R.

"Nutshell is a very simple CRM"

What do you like best?

Very simple to use and intuitive, has lot of features I need, but certainly not all

What do you dislike?

Lacking lots of features of others CRM (power dialer, vociemail drops, add ons, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check to make sure it has all feature you need

Kepping in contact with prospects

Nutshell review by Clinton A.
Clinton A.

"A Good Start for Small Businesses"

What do you like best?

Nutshell provides you with a fairly simple interface that even the most computer illiterate person can figure out.

If you need to track leads, keep a steady contact list, or even pull a graph of your highest selling product, Nutshell truly has it all for the small business.

Paying a low price is always a positive as well!

What do you dislike?

Once you start to grow your business (medium level) you most likely will begin to outgrow Nutshell. The ease of use counteracts with the customization allowed, meaning you have to find creative avenues to display the information you need where you need it.

It also is fairly hard to add new products/manage them. It is not a recommended CRM if you have hundreds of different products.

It would be really nice if they set up an auto-email function triggered by stages/dates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to do the trial version of Nutshell before completely committing to it. Nutshell may not be the best fit for your particular business if you have hundreds of products.

We had a fairly difficult time organizing the thousands of emails that come in on a monthly basis and we use to lose track of what quotes we sent to people. Many of these email contact complicated questions with detailed quotations that take hours to put together so we were wasting an exuberant of time with repeat data entry. With Nutshell we have been able to better track our contacts, emails, and quotes and save our employees hours of repetitive data entry!

Nutshell review by Donna P.
Donna P.

"Nutshell fails to deliver on so many levels"

What do you like best?

It is inexpensive and fairly easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The actual organization of data was fragmented, requiring to look at different screens even when trying to recall basic information.. It's capacity to keep notes in line with contact/company was sketchy. Found editing fields burdensome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use FreshSales instead

Nutshell is a basic service with few benefits, even if it was free.

Nutshell review by Jade L.
Jade L.

"The best CRM for small businesses and teams !"

What do you like best?

I like the usability and ergonomy of Nutshell. It's very easy to use, even for people who never ever used a CRM before. Nutshell really improved our knowledge of our customer base !

Our most beloved feature is the "bcc@nutshell.com" option. By just adding this address in the bcc: field of an email, the email is stored in Nutshell, and the contacts created. Powerful !

But Nutshell is much more than that - there are tiny details, improving our overall experience with this tool. Gravatars and twitter handles, third-party connections (well done with Mailchimp !)... these details won me.

What do you dislike?

The mobile apps could be better - although it was improved. We are looking forward a better user experience on mobile !

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it !

After a long benchmark, and testing 5 different CRMs, the only think I can say is that I really fell in love with this CRM. Now i'm using it for months, and the love is still here ! :-)

We were really facing the problem of knowing better our customer and prospects community. Where do they live ? What do they do ? Thanks to Nutshell, we are solving that problem, and that's a relief.

Nutshell review by Tiffany M.
Tiffany M.

"Quick and Easy"

What do you like best?

Nutshell is super efficient especially on my mobile device which is where I use it the most. I'm able to go from reports to adding a company quickly and easily.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes merging clients can be tricky but once you get the hang of it it's okay

I am able to keep track of my more than 100 tasks in a day. I am also able to measure my success as well as what I need to work on.

Nutshell review by Sebastian S.
Sebastian S.

"Great CRM"

What do you like best?

Nutshell is always finding ways to improve their software by taking their customers opinions and implementing it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes companies look like they haven't been touch because there is a lead open and all of the contact is located on the lead. In my case leads can take 3 months to 2 years to close so this can cause issues when looking at who I have and "haven't" contacted.

Tracking Activity and ensuring companies are followed up with quarterly.

Nutshell review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Great Lead Management System!"

What do you like best?

Able to mass email all leads in the system.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes other than the fact that trying to add a lead using the mobile app seems like it could be easier

Lead management between 6 district locations. Able to follow up by email contained in Nutshell were it keeps records.

Nutshell review by Prescott P.
Prescott P.

"The best CRM for mobile use and nimble business development"

What do you like best?

Nutshell works best on ANY platform and across ANY mobile device. It's USER FRIENDLY. Which is a God-send in today's world of crappy sales tools.

What do you dislike?

Much like Apple, they focus on what they THINK the user experience SHOULD be... rather than consistently actually sitting with their users and implementing what they find. They have watched our team use the interface before, but I haven't seen many improvements come out of this. In fact, it's frustrating that Nutshell considers themselves to be a pre-sales tool... and NOT focused on fulfillment. This is a big problem with CRMs today... no one focused on deep business intelligence prior to contact, NOR do they assist with fulfilling either services or products effectively. They are always used as a bridge. This is yet another bridge solution, but albeit a more effective bridge than any other platform I've used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering Nutshell, you really need to consider how you're going to accept payment and fulfill orders. We build a custom backend that uses the Nutshell API, but this added another $7K in development expenses to get this platform working the way we wanted it to. However, we wouldn't trade it for the world. It's WAY better than SalesForce or Maximizer CRM. Hands down.

We're able to keep track of all of our inbound orders, and we have realized benefits of being able to quickly respond to our customers.

Nutshell review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Nutshell User for a Short Period "

What do you like best?

The Dashboard view that allows me to not only see any upcoming close dates scheduled or past due but also allows me to see my teams upcoming close dates or past due dates as well. The all in one view as soon as I log in is very helpful first thing.

What do you dislike?

Some of the changes that were recently made to Nutshell shift some of the titles of leads and/or wording around within the leads which made it a little difficult to find or follow up.

Nutshell allows me to have all leads in one central location and to once again follow up on any lead that the sales team may place within Nutshell.

Nutshell review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Its a fantastic CRM system"

What do you like best?

Tags, reporting, exporting, and integration

What do you dislike?

awful map takes top 1/3 of the screen space i wish i could turn it off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

great product, but has few limitations, like the map takes so much space, integration with vbout.com marketing software. overall pretty good for the money

Sales we manage our pipeline and interactions

Nutshell review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Main tool to track new and existing business"

What do you like best?

I like the user interface the most. It's very clean.

What do you dislike?

I've had issues with logging activities on a lead - and attached to that lead is a person - but after the lead is closed, the note/activity doesn't follow the person. I have to go into the old lead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Open it every time you start your computer to help with planning out your day!

It keeps me organized as I can prioritize better.