NWEA Assessments

NWEA Assessments creates a personalized assessment experience by adapting to each student's learning level. You'll have assessment data-and essential information about what each student knows and is ready to learn-within 24 hours.

Work for NWEA Assessments?

Learning about NWEA Assessments?

NWEA Assessments Reviews

Ask NWEA Assessments a Question
Showing 22 NWEA Assessments reviews
NWEA Assessments review by <span>Sarah R.</span>
Sarah R.

"A Classroom Assessment Service"

What do you like best?

I like that we can drill down to the individual students and specifics skills with these test. I also like that for older students, we can still get a reading level, which is not something you can always get with testing software as many of them end at the middle school level. It is nice to be able to search students and see their whole test history.

What do you dislike?

The test results at the high school level seem unreliable as there is a growth norm of one to two points in each year of high school, but the margin of error on the test at these levels is three points above and three points below the score achieved. In addition, the writing and language test is not a writing test really, but it is a very term-specific grammar test. The growth projections for students end at tenth grade, so our juniors and seniors have no growth projections in the reports, which means all data has to be calculated by hand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest that you try taking a sample test yourself before submitting the tests to the students. It was an eye-opening experience when we as staff took the tests ourselves.

NWEA Assessment software is allowing our student growth to be determined over the course of a semester or a school year. This data is necessary for teacher evaluations from the state of Michigan in order to receive specific student funding.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about NWEA Assessments
NWEA Assessments review by <span>Victoria M.</span>
Victoria M.

"Interactive Assessment Tool"

What do you like best?

I like that every test is completely individualized and changes the rigor based upon student answers. This means that every question is uniquely tailored to accurately assess whether or not a student knows that particular set of information.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that reports take 24 hours to view - with all assessments being completed online, I would hope to see student results sooner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would take time to look over the resources for parents and teachers to become familiar with the assessment tools and reports. They are much easier to look at and use for differentiating instruction when you understand what specifically is being reported.

We are able to better differentiate and individualize our lesson plans and assessments as a school, as we now know what each student is capable of according to their RIT scores. We can use the learning continuum report to analyze specific standards that our students are capable of achieving and use that data to better inform our instruction.

What Assessment solution do you use?

NWEA Assessments review by <span>Tracy L.</span>
Tracy L.

"Essential Information for Teachers"

What do you like best?

We use NWEA Assessments, or MAP tests, to assess student achievement and growth. Teachers can pull up a variety of reports that can be used to guide and evaluate instruction. The data provided is much more helpful that the state mandated standardized testing data that we receive.

What do you dislike?

Reports do not generate instantly. Rather, you must wait a few minutes, or even longer, at times. Also, data is not available the same day a test is administered. Instead, you must wait until the next day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not know how much it costs, but I can tell you that it provides very useful data. They have even improved their reports lately to make them even better!

One problem that schools face is the lack of timely, accurate testing data. MAP tests are given three times per year; therefore, their data is crucial to day-to-day instruction. State mandated tests are not frequent enough, and take way too long to score.

NWEA Assessments review by <span>Brad O.</span>
Brad O.

"Good product, but too many options"

What do you like best?

I use it to test my students 3 times a year and when I need to put a report for an IEP. I like it because it has the reading and the math MAP scores together when I run a report. That is important for the IEP and helps parents understand the data better. I also like that I can save test sessions, so when I want to come back to a session, all the students are still there and my test session name is the same.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that the password changes everytime I quit the test session. Sometimes I need to test students throughout different times of day, so having the password reset is inconvenient. I also don’t like that there are so many options when I want to run a report; it’s hard to know what options I need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would make sure to understand every option in the student reports; they are hard to navigate.

We are using it to test students on their basic reading and math skills to see what math and English classes they belong in.

NWEA Assessments review by <span>Isabella G.</span>
Isabella G.

"Detroit Teacher using NWEA"

What do you like best?

It's great to see what the students' previous spring score was as well as their fall, winter, and spring score for the current school-year. It also shows how much the student grew from spring-to-spring and fall-to-spring as well as the class median growth. The test is different for every student based on their ability and previous score. Test can be taken in reading and math.

What do you dislike?

The transition from 1st to 2nd grade is tough because in K/1 the test is read to them, and beginning in 2nd grade, the test is no longer read to the students. Elementary data is always lower than middle school data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for teachers to track growth.

Schools can determine how successful teachers are able to grow their students and whether students themselves are growing. It's great that the test is different for every student based on their abilities.

NWEA Assessments review by <span>Danielle H.</span>
Danielle H.

"Growth and Data with NWEA"

What do you like best?

I like that I can pull up reports that show the breakdown of data for all students.

What do you dislike?

Some parts of the platform are not so intuitive and harder to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please consider providing sufficient training to users and explain how to generate reports to maximize your use of this product.

Our county is able to populate meaningful reports and data from the NWEA Assessment platform. Administering the test through this platform is rather simple overall. You do need training on some of the nuances of the program. The platform makes it pretty independent for the administrator. The main benefit of this platform are the generated reports though.

Learning about NWEA Assessments?

* We monitor all NWEA Assessments reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.