O'Reilly Media

O'Reilly Media provides technology and business training, knowledge, and insight designed to help companies and individuals succeed.

Work for O'Reilly Media?

Learning about O'Reilly Media?

O'Reilly Media Reviews

Showing 4 O'Reilly Media reviews
O'Reilly Media review by Sumant L.
Sumant L.

"A perfect resourceful hub"

What do you like best?

I like the video training and other learning materials that they have maintained. Those resources are hardly found anywhere and they have a bunch of e-books, videos, and other learning materials.

What do you dislike?

Today, when we have customized features for startups, so I think they should come out some really startup-centric resources where can learn from forming a good startup to its earning stage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talking about this software I think it has vast resources that can help you to develop on a personal level as well from the angle of your current business. The videos, ebooks that they have are really in-depth, well-researched and to the point. For this reason, I refer their e-books regularly and videos too. If you want to start I recommend to start with a trial initially, understand their features and then think of longer memberships. One more thing I would like to add here is that don't learn the things in hurry, ultimately you will waste your time but go step by step this way you will be able to keep track of your progress and you will also at later stage that this was something missing from your daily learnings. The best way to grow here is to start with individual plan because first hands on experience is very important.

The O'Reilly Media has published so many e-books on technical and other areas too. I have cleared many concepts referring to these resources.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Integrated Program Vendor"

What do you like best?

The assets we jointly produced were of high quality.

What do you dislike?

Long turnaround times. Some frustration with employee turnover and speed of response.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it is the right audience for your objectives. Also be sure to put strict timelines in place. Their team will not manage deadlines and you need to stay on top of them to ensure that assets are executed in a timely manner. Rely on them to improve things - such as webinar titles, abstracts, Meetup topics, etc. And really push on them to help drive audience acquisition for the programs you are running. O'Reilly requires a lot more hand-holding than the typical vendor, but the quality we have jointly produced with them is solid.

Reaching outside of our own database.

What eLearning Content solution do you use?

O'Reilly Media review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Marketing and Advertising
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Marketing and Advertising

"Average paid training platform at best"

What do you like best?

In all seriousness, this is a pretty average training platform. There are proprietary web solutions that I've used with former companies and direct screenshare/webinar platforms which can easily take the place of this for free.

What do you dislike?

It is a product without necessity. A luxury if you have a vast software budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use, but seriously, you can probably deploy this in-house.

We utilized this to train sales staff at 14 media properties on the best practices of our business operations.

O'Reilly Media review by G2 Crowd User
G2 Crowd User

"Safari Books Online"

What do you like best?

I like the accessibility and the library is rather large.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more soft skills content. The ipad app is also buddy sometimes.

Learning about O'Reilly Media?

* We monitor all O'Reilly Media reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.