Octiv

Octiv

Octiv is a cloud-based sales productivity suite that provides a more effective way to build and deliver sales proposals, contracts, and presentations directly from CRM.

Work for Octiv?

Learning about Octiv?

Octiv Reviews

Ask Octiv a Question
Showing 207 Octiv reviews
Octiv review by <span>Leah P. C.</span>
Leah P. C.

"Octiv Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ability for it to be a repository. I also like the referenced document/asset feature. Making changes to the asset in one place updates in the templates/documents it is used in eliminates having to make those changes in multiple places, potentially missing a document that needed to be updated.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way the tasking works. I also do not like that a document/template/asset shows as modified if you click somewhere in it. We have no way of tracking whether or not the document/template/asset was actually changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Communicate with the Octiv team very clearly what your needs are for using the tool. They had a good development team when we first were introduced to Octiv and they were able to implement some of the things we needed Octiv to do to help us keep Octiv as our tool of choice. They might be able to implement immediately in some cases and it’s web based so it can go live sooner rather than later.

We want to create proposal templates that reside in a single place and are connected to the same reusable content. We want to be able to download the templates and they be immediately usable without having to do a lot of desktop publishing in order to use it. We want the templates and assets to be accessible from anywhere as we are mobile workers who are not always static at a desk

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Octiv
Octiv review by <span>Christopher V.</span>
Christopher V.

"The Benefits of Octiv Documents"

What do you like best?

My favorite things about Octiv:

- Support (my CSM Caitlin has built or touched nearly all of our documents).

- Functionality. I have used a lot of document generation tools and this one is, I think has the best:

- - multiquote ability

- - interface of querying child objects (like quote line items or opportunity line items)

- - custom integration ease with other applications: formstack and salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Buggy in browsers. I have a very real concern that when my sales reps are sending out our Sales Order for signature that the end user may or may not be able to sign because of the end user's browsers. 90-95% of my documents are signed with no problem, but having to support either/both of these processes is a real pain and you can never plan for when this issue is going to happen:

- trouble-shooting with end user via comunication with rep (restart computer, update browser, try in safari, etc.)

- printing .pdf of document and getting manual signature of recipient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are lots of good solutions out there. They all get the job done, for the most part. Octiv is the best solution I've used for:

- multiquotes

- easily configuring custom documentation

- Sales Process

- Billing Form

Wish we were using it for more (like being a content repository for the most updated marketing collateral).

What Contract Management solution do you use?

Octiv review by <span>Steven S.</span>
Steven S.

"Revolutionized our sales process!"

What do you like best?

Sales process was low-pressure. The user interface is easy-to-use, and Octiv's training/onboarding set us up for success from day one. Great company with great people!

What do you dislike?

We weren't able to integrate a payment /processor gateway but that has more to do with our current stack than a gap in Octiv's capabilities.

We used Google Docs / Word Docs for proposals prior to implementing Octiv, which caused two problems:

1) They looked terrible.

2) It was hard to maintain a standard format for proposals team-wide while still giving individual AEs the ability to customize proposals.

3) We couldn't get any intelligence (when they viewed the proposal, what they looked at, etc.)

4) Lacked an electronic signature.

Now, our proposals look great and really 'wow' prospects, they're easy to customize within pre-defined templates, our reps can follow-up based on when proposals get viewed, and our close rate has increased since we're no longer collecting scanned signature pages.

Octiv review by <span>Alyssa H.</span>
Alyssa H.

"Totally Customizable Experience with Octiv"

What do you like best?

As a web design firm, we had our team of developers create custom page templates for our Octiv proposals to fit our exact specifications and branding. Octiv's online proposal system has upgraded our sales process and viewing experience for our clients, with tools like "Ask a Question", "Submit Online Signature", and additional payment integrations that we may take advantage of in the future. Receiving notifications about clients viewing our proposals has helped me time my responses and improved overall sales. The Formstack survey integration is crucial to our business as well.

What do you dislike?

I've only had a few hiccups when updates to Octiv affect the display of the Formstack survey, or when unexpected downtime makes our proposal unviewable to clients. However, Octiv's support team is very thorough about following up with tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure if the out-of-the box version of Octiv is right for you? Seen a demo but still not convinced? Try customizing your templates and consult the Octiv team for additional integrations to make your business run smoother.

Octiv has modernized our quote process, taking us from offline PDFs that required traditional signatures to living documents with space for attachments and other integrations that make closing a deal that much quicker for us. The number of proposals I'm able to produce each day has increased since we started using Octiv, and now it takes less time to get the final sign-off from decision-makers.

Octiv review by <span>Adam S.</span>
Adam S.

"Great app for creating good looking, consistent proposals"

What do you like best?

Ease of use; mobile interface; searchable asset library; multiple templates; PDF exports; variables inside content for customization; Tracking when someone opens the document online and being able to see how much time they spent on a page is great.

What do you dislike?

The portal for viewing a proposal as a customer should be more customizable such that you can ask for more fields when logging in (e.g. Company Name)

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for generating good looking proposals consistently. It's relatively easy to create a template and provide additional optional content for proposals. We have not used the contracting/signing component but anticipate doing so in the future.

If you are looking to create a customer or partner portal with multiple documents and links, this is probably not the best tool for the job.

Consistency across proposals. Speeding up delivery of proposals. Subject matter experts do not require as much time when contributing to a proposal and can spend more time on their core responsibilities.

Octiv review by <span>Roman K.</span>
Roman K.

"Great Solution for integrating a contract process"

What do you like best?

It's integration with Salesforce has been very good. We are able to map and use Account and Opportunity objects from Salesforce directly onto the contracts our sales team uses. We are also able to track the progress of these contracts and the different status.

What do you dislike?

There isn't as much customization allowed on these templates (changing names, creating custom buttons, etc). Some feedback we have received is that the receiving party of these templates does not understand how to properly use the Octiv Document, so they use alternative methods. It's a bit difficult to setup at first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Octiv support team is fantastic and is the reason we have been successful using Octiv

Reduce the time it takes to create and send a Sales Contract.

Be able to track the progress of an Octiv Document

Integrate our Salesforce data directly onto the Sales Contract

Globalize our sales process

Octiv review by <span>Jordan A.</span>
Jordan A.

"Octiv, From Beginning to End"

What do you like best?

I love Octiv for its automation. Almost all of our documents are now completely automated through Salesforce. This saves us an incredible amount of time, and it creates consistency throughout our whole company.

What do you dislike?

At times, the Salesforce integration can be somewhat confusing. Especially when you are dealing with child and grand child objects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't just think of Octiv as a Sales Proposal tool. It is much, much more than that! If you are a company that utilizes project management tools, Octiv can be a great fit for a lot of your documents.

Currently, we have 9 different templates in Octiv. We only have 1 sales proposal in Octiv. The majority of our documents actually focus on Project Management and HR. Because of Octiv, we've been able to go completely paperless, and everything can easily be accessed online.

Octiv review by <span>Mike P.</span>
Mike P.

"Automates my proposals and clsoes deals faster. "

What do you like best?

Super simple to create proposals, know who is viewing them, and close deals. It scales great as our team has grown 300% in the last couple of months. I get insight into what my team is publishing, closing, and deals in the pipeline. TinderBox allows us to create professional looking proposals that constantly "wow" our customers.

What do you dislike?

Like all software products there are a couple things I wish I could customize like variables, etc; however, I know Octiv is hard at work and always improving/iterating the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product if you are looking for an efficient way for your reps to publish proposals and close deals.

We sell software to the early stage investing community--accelerators, venture capitalists, family offices, etc.

Octiv review by <span>Jamie L.</span>
Jamie L.

"It has been very effective in building proposals for both Sales and Client Success Team. "

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and works with Salesforce. We find that this streamlines our process by setting proper expectation for renewals when they first sign on as a customer. In the past they initial proposal would look so different from the renewal we would find ourselves spending great deal of time explaining the renewal to the client. Being able to have templates helps us in streamlining our proposal process.

What do you dislike?

Not able to edit the proposal after it has been published. Many times we are creating 2-3 versions of the same proposal and we have to copy and republish and then send new link to the client. It would be extremely helpful and a time saver if we didn't have to create a new proposal every time we make an edit. Also, we've had issues with other users not being able to view each others proposals. This makes it very difficult when a client changes ownership internally.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a plan for use and someone responsible for implementing.

Using to send proposals to clients, and it has streamlined the way we do things as a business across departments. Because it is integrated with Salesforce it can merge a lot of the information we need for renewals saving us a great deal of time and effort. We are also able to see when the client has reviewed the proposal and if they have questions which can help us in closing the renewal.

Octiv review by <span>Kristen H.</span>
Kristen H.

"Streamlining our sales process with Octiv "

What do you like best?

I love the modern and easy to use interface. Once we put in some initial work setting up our templates and adding in assets, it's been very easy to maintain and update our proposals and training process as we go. The reporting functionality is great. I love being able to see detailed analytics about the sales team as a whole and specific metrics related to each proposal. It's helped up shape what content in the proposals are important and what needs more work.

What do you dislike?

We've had some difficulties editing our proposal template. We've tried to make our proposals more image-focused and pleasing to the eye. It has been difficult to link to images within documents, but I've been able to make it work by editing the code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We researched several other products before deciding on Octiv. They did help us set up our template to what we wanted initially and trained someone in-house to train the rest of the sales team. It was really helpful for us to make sure that one-on-one time was included.

We've been able to streamline and easily customize our sales process. Not only has our sales team become more organized, but Octiv has been it easier to collaborate and constantly improve our sales proposals. Plus it's nice having proposals that can take on more of a presentation feel and look more visually appealing.

Octiv review by <span>Matthew S.</span>
Matthew S.

"Easy to learn system that helps make creating proposals a breeze!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to store various versions of the same document/proposal and make changes to the templates quickly and easily. It's user-friendly and easy to learn. Knowing when proposals are seen by your current prospects became an essential part of seeing how the proposal was performing.

What do you dislike?

Occasional formatting issues when bringing in saved assets, but usually can be solved with a few minutes of tinkering. Printing or saving as a PDF occasionally cuts off in the middle of "pages" as well which can be frustrating when clients want to print, or email a PDF version to their team, or higher ups.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely customize your templates to fit your brand, your styling, so that everything you're sending to the client is uniform.

Creating uniform, and consistent proposals among the entire sales team. Faster close times thanks to E-Signatures. Also great to know who and when proposals are viewed as you're sending and working with multiple clients. Helps to guide additional check-ins with your prospects!

Octiv review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Proposal Management with Tinderbox"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the concept of assets in Tinderbox. Assets are a collection of images, content and text snippets that can be continually revised and used by simply dragging and dropping the asset into the document. Previously, we had various pieces of content for proposals stored all over the place, making it a challenge to know what the most up-to-date content was. Tinderbox assets allow you to have one authoritative source for proposal content.

What do you dislike?

Some of the WYSIWYG editor tools (particularly tables and ordered/unordered lists) don't behave like you would expect when you export the document as a PDF or Word fie. Everything works fine in the web view of the proposals, but a lot of the bids we respond to require a PDF or Word file to be submitted. I was able to find workarounds for the issues I was experiencing, but they are not very intuitive. I had to contact Tinderbox support to resolve the issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While there is a learning curve and some little nuances to get used to, Tinderbox is a great product overall. It has helped us be more efficient and remain consistent in our messaging.

As mentioned above, I really enjoy using assets for building proposals. It not only saves a lot of time (drop and drag), but it allows me to have one authoritative source for all my proposal content. If it's in Tinderbox, it's the most recent content. It really allows us to keep our messaging consistent across all proposals.

The reporting is also a valuable tool. It allows me to see all our proposals in one place, each with a detailed history of the document (when it was created, different versions, when it was published, when it was accepted, etc.).

Octiv review by <span>Rachel R.</span>
Rachel R.

"Client for over 5 years"

What do you like best?

I like how Octove has grown and expanded their features over the years. My favorite part is how they integrate with Salesforce. It makes renewals for my team a breeze.

What do you dislike?

To get where renewals were easy it took quite a bit of customization and coding in HTML. If I could change one thing it would be to make some of those customization items easier to implement for a non-technical user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are tired of editing Word documents and want a professional looking proposal software this is the one for you -- especially if you use Salesforce.com to manage your opportunities. The workflows make our lives so much easier.

We are able to create a client renewal proposal with a few clicks. Important client and account information is merged in.

Octiv review by <span>Allie C.</span>
Allie C.

"Awesome for Salesforce users"

What do you like best?

The integration with Salesforce opportunities means that my sales reps can now generate professional proposals, targeted to different personas, in under a minute. It's been a game changer for us.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes, I've been 100% pleased with the service

Recommendations to others considering the product

I evaluated a lot of proposal tools, and to me if you're a Salesforce user this is an absolute no-brainer. It's a game changer for Salesforce users.

Problem was that reps were spending too much time creating their proposals, and what they created was not up to brand standards. Now we're sending proposals on every deal, no matter how small, and they are all marketing-approved.

Octiv review by <span>Craig B.</span>
Craig B.

"Easy to use, concise, clean and effective contract management tool. "

What do you like best?

The simplicity of application. After initial install it then becomes a simple click of a button to formulate the contracts and all of the specific nuances pertaining to the particular contract. Very easy to use and provided great tracking characteristics.

What do you dislike?

Due to the complexity of the system, on-boarding and installation was longer than we had hoped.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch a demo and there will be no looking back. We only use it for contracts, but the expansion of use is phenomenal.

For us, the contract negotiation process has become very transparent and efficient. Clients can easily access contracts, request changes, and be updated almost instantaneously.

Octiv review by <span>Dustin O.</span>
Dustin O.

"I would not longer recommend Octiv (formerly Tinderbox) [edited review]"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about Tinderbox is the ability to deliver fantastic looking quotes FAST and EASY. Not only that, but the quotes can be easily customized on a per-customer basis, and offer enough flexibility to build & organize them how you like, from a design and structured standpoint.

What do you dislike?

I have used Tinderbox (not Octiv) for over two or three years. I have submitted several support tickets to have new features added, but unfortunately nothing has been finished.

I dislike that quite often a customer clicks "Approve" on a quote and signs it electronically, but did it accidentally. Unfortunately the app is not intuitive enough for non-technical users to view the additional pages on a quote. This causes an awkward conversation when we communicate with the client to move forward with their project.

Also, we have to ability to filter the quotes we sent based on the Send Date. Instead it displays all quotes only by Activity Date. Therefore, if I wish to look at the number of quotes that we sent out in the past 30 days, I have to manually filter through all the quotes that had an Activity (like an Open Date or View Date) to get to the data I want.

Additionally, Tinderbox/Octiv does not offer the ability to require the end-user to enter in an email address. It only allows First Name, Last Name and Access Code (optional). If we were able to capture the Email Address of each person viewing the quotes we send out, we could set up little drip emails to them as part of a small marketing sequence. And even with Zapier, there is no work around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you have a high budget ($200/mo) I would not recommend using Tinderbox/Octiv. It is no longer worth the price. Even when they were priced at $45/mo, there were simple things that the software should have done, but was never implemented.

I switched to Tinderbox in 2013 because I wanted a fast way to generate nice-looking quotes and the cost was $45/mo. I received an email from Tinderbox (now Octiv) in August 2016 with a notification that the minimum price was going to be $2,000 and I had two months until the price would increase.

I WOULD NOT recommend using this company anymore like I had previously done. The price has increased by five-fold.

Octiv review by <span>Stacey W.</span>
Stacey W.

"Best in class proposals tool"

What do you like best?

Octiv is so smart and super configurable. Their support and account management team is very responsible and willing to bend over backwards to meet our wily demands.

What do you dislike?

Our team doesn't like that we can't change some of the popups and side menus that block your view of the document. There are ways to close it, but it's a difficult learning curve for some of our sales reps.

We are able to better control and document the type of proposals that are sent. Our responses for pricing and solutions no longer read like ransom notes.

Octiv review by User

"Octiv: A daily user's review"

What do you like best?

Octiv allows our organization to have all our sales collateral in one place. This saves us time and allows us to organize hundreds of documents and build professional proposals.

What do you dislike?

Since my team spends most of their day in Octiv, I dislike when there is a bug in the system that prevents us from doing our job. These bugs doesn't happen often, but when it does it slows my team down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company is looking to save time on proposal creation without adding an employee, Octiv is the way to go.

Using Octiv, our organization is able to increase the volume of proposals. We've seen an uptick in sales, which is directly correlated to the increase in proposals. Some of that has to do with the quality of our Sales Planning team, but none of it would be possible without Octiv.

Octiv review by <span>Melissa S.</span>
Melissa S.

"Great in theory, but underwhelming in practice"

What do you like best?

I like the idea of Octiv. Locking down boilerplate content in key sections of proposals, and allowing our sales team to pull from a library of approved content should make our proposal process much easier than it is today.

What do you dislike?

In practice, it's not as user-friendly as it appears. Our users struggle, and have resisted using it. Our proposal volume is low enough that the learning curve is proving to be too steep. There is also no track changes function, which is critical to our review process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Implementation was slow. Some of the challenges were on our end, but some of it was due to misunderstanding during the sales process. And actually going live has been very difficult.

Reviewing our proposals takes too long currently, because the entire document needs to be read from beginning to end. I'd love to use Octiv to solve that, but it has not been as easy as we had hoped.

Octiv review by <span>Alice F.</span>
Alice F.

"Beautiful proposals. Technical roadblocks."

What do you like best?

Beautiful presentation. It was easy to match my branding.

What do you dislike?

I did not like creating tables for my quotes. When Octiv dropped its lower-paying customers, I found another product that allowed me to create individual cost items and use them one-by-one in each quote. With Octiv, I had to create an HTML table and start over or copy a previous proposal every time, rather than inserting the items I wanted. I could insert content from the library, but not pricing items. And then I had to total them myself, rather than having it work like a spreadsheet.

Also I could not categorize a proposal as rejected or accepted myself. Only the client could, resulting in a skewed total of potential sales in the funnel when clients didn't do that.

I was always making mistakes by leaving in previous client information when I would do a Save-As with a Word doc proposal. I was hoping to solve that. I did, a little bit.

Octiv review by <span>Kathryn S.</span>
Kathryn S.

"Octiv User Experience"

What do you like best?

I like the online easy to use interface with customizeable templates.

What do you dislike?

There are limits to what the template can look like, restrictions to coding and I also feel there are several glitches with the programming that make our user experience a bit more frustrating than it needs to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider the Octiv software to be one that overall has several benefits. That being said, it is important to recognize the limits to any online proposal software before making the switch from a different product. We save time overall creating our proposals using Octiv, but as I mentioned before there are a few technical glitches that have caused stress for our company's users in the past. Some of the pages shift and resize as we work on them, and the copy and paste function does not past with the correct format, forcing us to reformat every time we do so.

We are able to create more visually pleasing sales proposals in a shorter period of time than ever before. We have also streamlined the proposal process, ensuring that the quality of all proposals we send reach our company standard.

Octiv review by <span>Jarret P.</span>
Jarret P.

"Create very nice Proposals and Quotes"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to create an attractive and professional looking proposal or quote with easy to use tools and customizable by the way of HTML.

What do you dislike?

One way communication with Salesforce.

Some customers cannot access site because of IT restrictions.

Saving a proposal or quote to PDF has some issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know your skills before hand. Determine if you would need integration assistance.

We are able to create a much more customizable quote than we could with the built in quotes module of Salesforce.

Octiv review by Administrator in Computer Hardware
Administrator in Computer Hardware

"Great Support!"

What do you like best?

I have been fortunate enough to work with some great members on the Octiv team who have helped us shape our proposals for our unique situations. My former account manager was always quick to respond and sent lots of helpful information.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are features I wish Octiv had or small glitches that are honestly easy to work around. Whenever I've brought a feature idea up to our account manager, she's taken it seriously and many times we've seen it applied in some way to the software.

It is much easier for our sales team to share and update proposals for customers. We pack a lot of information into our proposals, so Octiv does a great job organizing all the info.

Octiv review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

" We've completely changed the way we write contracts."

What do you like best?

We are able to pump out contracts more efficiently (in nearly half the time).

What do you dislike?

Customers trying to 'red line'.

One big downside of Octiv is when you already submitted your proposal, there would be no turning back or you cannot make changes about it anymore. The only way to do so is to make a new one. It still needs some tweaking. It has bugs and glitches which could be annoying sometimes.

User-friendly, easy to teach others how to use, good organizational system.

It provides an efficient platform to reduce our work and our recent document with all the primary details can be seen in the report section. Consistently we try to use the similar messages for certain category of persons or business which are much easier with Octiv.

Octiv review by <span>Jake B.</span>
Jake B.

"Octiv has been a huge asset to our team "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to quickly create sales presentations with ease. They customer service is outstanding. If i have a problem, they are always more than happy to help.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system itself is not the easiest to work in. As someone who does not work with code, it is sometimes challenging to understand 'how' the system works.

we have had the ability to quickly create presentations. Before using the Octiv System it would take us 10-15 minutes, now we can create a presentation in 5 minutes or less.

Octiv review by <span>Kam H.</span>
Kam H.

"Took Proposals to the Next Level"

What do you like best?

Morphed flat Word doc proposals into engaging online proposals with video and dynamic content. Ability for sales reps to see client/prospect engagement with the documents in invaluable. We know what content is working! Also saves a sales rep the task of asking: "have you had a chance to review the proposal?"

What do you dislike?

We would like some enhancements, especially the ability for a client to select different pricing options on one page instead of having to use multiple pages to get the job done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other decent options out there, but this seemed like the easiest to implement and have us the new, modern look and feel we were looking for.

Enhanced proposals (video, look and feel), knowing who is reviewing the proposals and what content they are engaging with, easier for administrators/marketing to update and keep fresh.

Octiv review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Beautiful Contract Management Tool!"

What do you like best?

Octiv is very user friendly, creates beautiful proposals, easy formatting of templates, and an all around great user experience.

What do you dislike?

There is a limitation where the contracts cannot be manually updated from the Open to Accepted status. This has caused some issues in our workflow and created manual steps that used to be automated for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that anyone considered Octiv determine how many of their contracts might get signed outside of Octiv. Here at TUNE, we have a lot of international clients who prefer to sign a hard copy of the contract. This has created issues for us because Octiv does not have a feature that allows us to upload the signed contract and apply the Accepted tag. We have created a workaround for this but it is not ideal.

We have been able to automate much of the contract workflow. Salespeople are able to generate agreements on their own which has streamlined the process.

Octiv review by <span>Tom M.</span>
Tom M.

"A great productivity boost."

What do you like best?

The time spent on proposal creation has dropped by 75%.

What do you dislike?

Some of our proposals get caught in our customer's spam filters. We are working on using SMTP to route our documents through the Siemens mail server to address this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are very happy with our experience with Octiv. The product is constantly being improved. Between the ease of use and the best customer experience I found during my evaluation of Octiv and their competitors I strongly endorse the company, their people, and their platform.

We now have a standardized format and an engaging customer experience. The use of a template that can adopt variables from our quoting platform makes this a very efficient system. We really get a lot of value from the insights the customer engagement statistics provide.

Octiv review by <span>Phil R.</span>
Phil R.

"Versatile, Effective and Professional-looking proposal software"

What do you like best?

I like that each proposal template is fully editable making the amount of time necessary to create a proposal less than 15 minutes. Additionally, the fact that I have visibility on when the client looks at the proposal, what pages they are looking at, and how much time they spend looking at the proposal.

What do you dislike?

The part that I dislike the most about Tinderbox is the URL sent to the client. This is silly, but with the relevance of tinder, the Dating App, I have had clients tell me that they thought I was sending them a link to m dating profile. Maybe if there was a feature to customize the URL.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple to learn, simple to implement and a time saver.

This is a clean, professional, fully controllable proposal system. This has solved the problem of sharing, via telephone a document that my clients and I can review together in real time.

The benefits I have received are: time management - this saves me many hours per week; professional looking - it is a branded clean, fully customizable system.

Octiv review by <span>Tom C.</span>
Tom C.

"Well designed technology to deliver proposals & contracts"

What do you like best?

Octiv allows you to easily create, fully customize, and maintain proposals & contracts. It's works very well sitting inside Salesforce, and has a smooth integration with Docusign for e-signature capability. Octiv pulls in dynamic data from the quote & opportunity objects to deliver professional documents for our prospects.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue we had was with the redlining functionality. In its current state, the features are very bare bones and it's difficult to track anything more that minor change requests from our prospects (which is inadequate for our use case). This really need to be improved in order for the application to work for enterprise level contracts - instead it's best for more transactional deals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend others to consider the application

We are a B2B SaaS startup

Octiv review by <span>Leah R.</span>
Leah R.

"Excellent Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The people at Octiv are very responsive when issues arise. They also work closely with us when we need system enhancements. The whole team has a very "can do" attitude.

What do you dislike?

The platform is built on HTML, which has some styling limitations.

Proposals with conditional content. Group deal proposals, which required customization in Salesforce and Octiv, but the team was very helpful walking us through the steps needed.

Octiv review by <span>Samantha O.</span>
Samantha O.

"Octiv is a great premise but has many glitches"

What do you like best?

I like the nice, clean look of proposals, the ability to save templates for different types of proposals, and the ability to track how long a client has looked at the proposal's various pages.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the software seems to glitch up any time I need to add an extra field to a pre-existing template, the fact that it's nearly impossible to answer questions that clients ask using the application, and the difficulty involved in transferring ownership of proposals in the event that the creator is no longer with the company.

It allows us to quickly send renewals and contracts to clients.

"Proposal Generation tool"

What do you like best?

We particularly like Octiv's integration with Salesforce that allows easy sync between opportunity creation to proposal generation. With the integration we can create a proposal in seconds without any cumbersome steps.

What do you dislike?

The user interface for our staff could be cleaned up, particularly around adding signers to documents. The integration with Docusign could be more robust - particularly taking advantage of the ability for docusign users to pass on their signature role.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I encourage your to really dive into the platform when installing. Understanding the product makes a huge impact in being able to enhance your experience (don't just assume their implementation is enough)

We had a significant need to upgrade our proposal generation process. Octiv has led us to faster, more creative and thorough proposals to showcase our products during the sales cycle.

Octiv review by <span>Vinny P.</span>
Vinny P.

"Great Simple Tool for Proposal & Contract Management"

What do you like best?

I like being able to set up a templates for my sales team to quickly launch a proposal/contract pulling in values from Contacts, Accounts and Opportunities.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the editor with dynamic rules is a pain but you can get around with by editing the source code.

We've been using Octiv for about 3 or 4 years. When we first made the switch we were using the old Word templates out of SFDC and waiting for prospects to hand sign and fax back. This would take days to weeks to close deals. After moving to Octiv and leveraging their out of the box eSignature capabilities cut our returned signed contracts down to minutes, hours and days.

Octiv review by <span>Robert E.</span>
Robert E.

"Octiv Makes Contracts a breeze for Sales Reps"

What do you like best?

Minimal effort is required by Reps when Salesforce records are populated properly.

What do you dislike?

The set up of documents is still somewhat complicated based on filtering criteria. For people with little or no HTML experience, this requires professional services to handle the creation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared by considering your entire process and implementation is much easier. Additionally, allow the administrator of this integration to take the time to go through the knowledge base before implementation.

This application allows us to properly convey to the client what is being agreed to and also allow redlining by the client.

Octiv review by <span>Dorian R.</span>
Dorian R.

"TinderBox Review"

What do you like best?

I think that the best thing about TinderBox proposals is the way we can track the activity on the proposals. Receiving notification when the document is viewed is an excellent way to keep tabs on the clients interest. I also enjoy the simplicity of generating the proposal.

What do you dislike?

One minor thing that can sometimes be an inconvenience is the fact that once it is published you can not go back and make changes without creating a new proposal. Often times we have a client who wants to change minor details on the proposal and instead of being able to adjust that detail we are forced to create a completely new version.

Before we had specific individuals who would create our proposals. Now that we are able to create them ourselve It is much more time efficient and effective.

Octiv review by Administrator in Think Tanks
Administrator in Think Tanks

"In constant improvement "

What do you like best?

Assets. Versions. Online document maker. Tracking.

What do you dislike?

The mobile version. Client have difficulty knowing there are different pages and sometimes the side bar is not very user friendly. I wish when saving assets ( while creating a document) that one can name the asset and also add tags to it and even place it in a certain folder ( that folder could be also linked to cloud storage) when saving; instead of just saving it and using the title from the document. When creating a new version it is better to be able to be given the option to write an email rather than it being automated. Also some clients are not very comfortable viewing on octiv so it would be interesting to add an option or to include and attach PDF version of the proposal When sending out the email and maybe even have the option to add other attachements that sometimes we do not want to include in the proposal. Also it would be better if the emails were received from clients showing them our email rather than octivs. The octiv packages have become much more expensive and We will have to terminate our contract next year given that We started using it since the days of tinderbox, We understand there are improvements as one of your representatives said like any other online service company ( We are subscribed to so many online softwares for business but never have we seen such an increase in the price) there should be some support for the first tinderbox customers who have been loyal and supporting in a way the growth of octiv, and given that over the years our assets and data base is quiet heavy as information :) also tracking should be detailed to show viewing by proposal version.

Benefits: Faster proposal creation and online proposal database. Proposal versions are very useful. andClients love the interface.

Octiv review by <span>Lindsey L.</span>
Lindsey L.

"Somewhat Flexible"

What do you like best?

Lots of features and somewhat user friendly.

What do you dislike?

If the Customer wants to redline a Word version there is no way to put that back into the system. It isn't as flexible of a tool when you need to monitor internal edits without going into a published mode which limits some of the editing options

Controls around versions and editing being down by our sales reps.

Octiv review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Good software that could be better"

What do you like best?

Having centrally stored information (assets) that can be shared across all business units around the world. Having the metrics present on the dashboard provide good oversight for users and managers on the 'health' of their sales.

Standardizing of templates at the central office improves consistency across the organization

What do you dislike?

The program could be more efficient to use as there are a few formatting issues that the team struggles with. Numbering, bullets, text formating at end of sentences. This makes the learning curves for individuals a lot longer than it should be.

There should be foreign currency edits in the dashboard for global divisions. Everything pulls from Salesforce "quoted amount" but it confuses it from USD.

Creating and customizing a front title page is difficult and not customizable. We had to implement a difficult workaround with the support team.

Uploading a word document template never seems to format correctly and getting it into the right 'blocks' is difficult.

Some functionality is difficult to access. MS word is the leader in the industry for document editing and several items could be visible on the screen to improve accessibility

The autosave feature should extend into sharepoint whenever a document is published, not just accepted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While the software is good and his its upside, be aware of the learning curve of writing proposals and the 'clunkiness'.

We are trying to become more efficient in producing proposals in a personalized manner. We have been

Octiv review by <span>Jeannie C.</span>
Jeannie C.

"Changed the way we sell"

What do you like best?

Octiv really is geared towards a Salesperson's day to day, and for that reason, it cuts down significantly on the time our reps spent making proposals and editing them.

What do you dislike?

The Salesforce setup took some time to get right for our org. Granted, we had some Salesforce things we had to workout, but it did take some tinkering.

We've solved the problem of reps taking hours to re-do proposals in Microsoft Word and PDF. We've made reps more productive and our proposals more professional in the process, and more reflective of our brand.

Octiv review by <span>Giorgio R.</span>
Giorgio R.

"Integration and customization is fantastic."

What do you like best?

The ability to customize the template and their amazing customer service team. Everyone at Ocvtiv is super helpful and have always been a blessing to work with. Amazing product supported by amazing people.

Easy integrations with Salesforce are a plus. The team seems to know where the product should be headed. It has a great admin panel that allows you to easily add and remove users.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit clunky when integrated with Salesforce behind a VPN. If using gmail or 365 type cloud services this product should be perfect for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it.

Ability to provide a consistent template for all sales rep to use the same message.

Octiv review by <span>Ryan v.</span>
Ryan v.

"Great tool, needs some refinement"

What do you like best?

Create beautiful proposals, with minimal clicks. Easily add content, assets and data from SFDC

What do you dislike?

Maintaining different versions of your proposals and quotes can be very time consuming, especially if you have a complex product matrix.

Tool was brought in house to create an all in one solution for proposal/quote creation with the ability to automate work that was being done manually. Initially the benefits were realized quickly, as the tool took 90% of the manual out. After a period of time as we began using the product more, we realized the maintenance was very time consuming. It may have been the way we used it, or our product matrix.

Octiv review by <span>Michael J. M.</span>
Michael J. M.

"TinderBox Helps Close Deals"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup, use and integrate. Works great with Salesforce. Saves my staff hours each week.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was completely white-labeled..

Allows us to know when and how is looking at our quotes. As well as the time they are spending on each page. We also love the ability for our prospects to ask questions within the tool.

Octiv review by <span>Andrea M.</span>
Andrea M.

"Tinderbox Review"

What do you like best?

The personal service of the team and attention to our requests

What do you dislike?

Some of the technical hiccups as they test new tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great support and business partners. When we have a strategy we want to implement they work with us to help develop the best solution. Overall, the experience to date has been positive. We have more work to do and I have no doubt they will do what they can to make the road easier for us as their client wherever they can.

Primarily we are trying to take some of the manual steps out of proposal generation. Integration of this tool via salesforce has helped with some basic administrative data entering to the streamlining of proposal acceptance once in the clients hands.

Octiv review by <span>Brian E.</span>
Brian E.

"Very good sales proposal generator"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use for my clients. Very easy to navigate and fairly intuitive UI.

What do you dislike?

It does take a great deal of time to build out a proposal from scratch if you are new to Tinderbox, but once you build a few templates, this is a great tool for proposal generation and sales contract management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend trying out this sales tool. We have had positive results and will continue to go with Tinderbox!

This definitely gives our proposals a much better look and allows us to align with our partner's branding in the process. It also provide us with real time feedback and business intelligence as to what is most important to our client's...pricing, value, features, etc.

Octiv review by <span>Kyle S.</span>
Kyle S.

"VitalWare Review"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the redlining process. Having the ability to keep the document relatively secure not only allows us to have an honest negotiation but also walks the customer down a path that infers our general expectations of how the process will go.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment, we are currently implementing the product. (Not Octivs fault :) )

Solving keeping the contract process as open and visible as possible. Trying to control and limit the customization reps can do to the outbound documentation. Trying to gain metrics associated with proposals, quotes and contracts sent. Are still in the process of implementing.

Octiv review by <span>Derek H.</span>
Derek H.

"Octiv Review"

What do you like best?

White label features that comes for the proposals

What do you dislike?

The text formatting issues, sometimes when you copy/paste the format is messed regardless of the formatting option you choose

Helping other agencies growth through our white label services that includes white labeled and full branded proposals for them

Octiv review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Very good SalesForce to Document/Contract automation"

What do you like best?

I like the library and ability to not only create documents from SalesForce but to include cloud images and logic behind the images.

What do you dislike?

A little bit more difficult to learn than some of the others mainly due to its increased capability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a Document Generation product for your SalesForce CRM this is the one that has the most powerful ability when it comes to generating rich media infused material.

We do Presentations, Proposals and SOW's through the software

Octiv review by <span>Tyler V.</span>
Tyler V.

"So far so Good!"

What do you like best?

It is actually really easy to get a contract signed once we have the solid template in place. Changes are simple to make, and support is pretty good.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Variables are difficult to update, and changes don't always reflect on the contract once preview is turned off in the way you think they will.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When making changes to variable linked objects, be careful that you don't mess up logic or you'll have to start over!

Making it quick and easy for people to create, send, receive, and sign contracts to get business done. Having tracking on their makes things much easier to understand who is viewing what, and if there is real traction in the business transaction.

Octiv review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great tool and easy to use! "

What do you like best?

Octiv makes the contract process for our internal staff and clients easier than ever. The electronic signature has made quite the positive impact.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I do not like about the product. We selected Octiv because it met all of our organizational needs.

Electronic Proposals were an issue we were having. There was a lot of manual back and forth between our internal staff and clients that was taking us both away from our day to day operations.

Octiv review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Tinderbox has helped to streamline and standardize our process"

What do you like best?

I like that for standard proposals, something can be put together in a matter of minutes, versus needing a day or so to have something ready for the client. It is easy to pull everything together get it out immediately to the client. The ability to track the views of the document is tied with production time for what I like best. I can easily tell if the document has been viewed, how long it was viewed for, etc. which helps me with the follow up I need to complete.

What do you dislike?

When i have an extremely customized and unique document to create, it can be a little harder to customize, but this is not a frequent issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time to ensure your customization is how you want it from the beginning. It is worth it to put the time in up front.

We are now providing consistent information to our clients since we all use the same program. We are also cutting down on turnaround times, which helps to speed up all processes. We know that clients are receiving accurate information in an extremely timely manner, which has been a game changer here. It is an important tool that the team uses on a daily basis now, and has become a crucial part of our sales process.

Octiv review by <span>Michael C.</span>
Michael C.

"Tinderbox revolutionized our sale process!"

What do you like best?

I LOVE the visibility our team has when sending proposals. The response time we have when we get notification of views has changed our sales process forever. The amount of compliments our customers have been giving us on our proposal process is remarkable. They love the ease of use, mobile capability, ability to forward, and more importantly the look and feel. Our team has a better grasp on proposals, the information for our deals is available indefinitely, and it’s helped us become more organized. It has also helped streamline our onboarding process for non-sales staff. We are excited about utilizing the new Pitch platform for more dynamic product presentations and "leave behinds." It is important that we set the tone during the prospecting process that we are innovators in our industry. By using Tinderbox we are able to set that tone.

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find a dislike. The Tinderbox platform is easy to use. They have a very quick support team that is always available.

We are able to efficiently produce and present professional, modern, and interactive sales proposals faster than ever before. We have seen a closed sale increase of over 30% from utilizing Tinderbox. Our reps have created internal competition to see who can create the best "Tinderbox" from deal to deal. The increased activity of sent proposals has been eye opening. Our reps could not live without it. We are excited for future developments and releases of Tinderbox!

Octiv review by Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services
Executive Sponsor in Information Technology and Services

"Great Tool!"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and documents are easily adjustable, you can use templates to create a contract or presentation, next to this it gives a department a good view how long people looked at the documentation.

What do you dislike?

We found a bug in the system it took over 8 weeks to solve, which was to long in my view. We did not get any response till it was solved it would have been nice to get a status update.

We wanted to have digital contracts and have a view how is viewing the documents and for how long

Octiv review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great for Sending Contracts, Not Great for Sending Presentations"

What do you like best?

The best feature of Octiv is the integration with Salesforce.

What do you dislike?

Formatting Proposal templates is extremely difficult. They aren't easy to update unless you change directly in the source code and even then, the proposals look very unprofessional. Additionally, the formatting gets completely messed up with the proposals are downloaded to PPT.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Octiv needs to have PPT downloading functionality that doesn't completely mess up the formatting.

We are using Octiv to create proposals for our sales reps to use as a sales enablement tool.

Octiv review by <span>Nicholas E.</span>
Nicholas E.

"Octiv Review"

What do you like best?

Easy Contract Management and tracking allow for full insight into finalizing a contract with a client.

What do you dislike?

Can be slow sometimes and redundant with double data entry when it crashes.

Contract management and follow up

Octiv review by User in Computer Software

"Execute contracts in the sales process"

What do you like best?

Very intuitive and easy to draft and edit. It links to Salesforce easily and you can quickly make changes as often happens at the end of a sale in the buying process. I'm able to communicate to the signer that it requires minimal effort and can be completed very quickly - even by phone. It's also great to receive notifications when someone has opened the document and track their time within the contract.

What do you dislike?

There is very little that I dislike about TinderBox. Whenever I've had to create a unique contract it's not as easy to adjust our typical contract standards and graphs within the order page.

It's the final step in the buying process - I've seen contracts turned around in a matter of minutes once I've sent it over to them because it is very clearly laid out for the signer.

Octiv review by <span>Carizza R.</span>
Carizza R.

"Convenient"

What do you like best?

Integration and automation between salesforce and formstack

What do you dislike?

Inflexible of certain changes. The process for onboarding was hard and long

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better support team and documentd

Sales process of closing and keeping the information in salesforce. Octive allows automated closing as well as stores the information

Octiv review by <span>James G.</span>
James G.

"Terrific Proposal Software"

What do you like best?

Easy to create proposals from templates and easy to share with clients and prospects. Everything is intuitive and simple to learn and use.

What do you dislike?

Not much, the software does what it's supposed to do.

Analytics on proposal views, as well as easier proposal creation.

Octiv review by <span>Brennan K.</span>
Brennan K.

"Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

integration with salesforce records and ability to streamline the sales process from proposal generation to contract signature.

What do you dislike?

some usability functions could be improved

streamlined sales process, from initial quotes and proposals to signed contracts

Octiv review by <span>Anne K.</span>
Anne K.

"TinderBox is Great"

What do you like best?

There aren't many steps that clients need to make to finalize agreements with Tinderbox. Most customers find it easy to access, navigate and accept, so I'm not spending a lot of precious time explaining how to use it. This is especially important with car dealership executives.

What do you dislike?

The description field is only used for internal use. It should be visible to the customer to explain any extra information. This caused us a huge delay in getting a customer to sign an agreement for us when they had the time to do so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This will save you time and money overall.

We're able to implement customer request quicker because they don't have to sign and fax an agreement to us. It also is helpful that we can print out or send a PDF copy of their agreement after it's been signed.

Octiv review by <span>Anthony A.</span>
Anthony A.

"Great propsal/contract software for sales teams that use Salesforce as a CRM"

What do you like best?

I like that it integrates directly into our Salesforce CRM and additionally I really like that it tracks opens so I know exactly when my client is viewing the proposal.

What do you dislike?

It can be buggy at times but overall very high quality and customizable

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

Octiv helped our sales team to go from a paper contract to an entirely electronic version and close more deals!

Octiv review by <span>Daniel B.</span>
Daniel B.

"Easy to use, and integrates seamlessly with our CRM"

What do you like best?

Not only is it easy to login and view, but it is easier for the customer to read as well. Love being able to know when they open and how long they spend looking at the proposal.

What do you dislike?

No trial period. Also knowing what security fields to leave on can pose problems

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get enough proposals to warrant the annual contract

We began using Tinderbox as a way to generate nice looking quotes, plain and simple. We were spending too much time trying to systematize proposals to meet all of the different projects for clients, and this saved a ton of time.

Octiv review by <span>Kelley B.</span>
Kelley B.

"Great Tool that integrates with Salesforce"

What do you like best?

Octiv is a great tool to use for your sales teams, you are able to build a strong integration with your CPQ in Salesforce and send your contract for signature.

What do you dislike?

Takes a long time to setup, but once you do, it is great

Having to cut and paste the actual contract into an e signature product or having to email or hand deliver a contract

Octiv review by <span>Jeff H.</span>
Jeff H.

"Octiv has improved our proposal process"

What do you like best?

The ability to standardize the content and layout of our proposals, along with the ability to see when/what parts of our proposals have been viewed by potential customers

What do you dislike?

There are no items that I can highlight as negatives

We now have a way to confirm whether our proposals are being viewed, who's viewing them, and which sections of the proposals are resonating with prospects. This helps us keep better momentum to deals and allows us to confirm that the right decision-makers are involved in the process.

Octiv review by <span>Leah S.</span>
Leah S.

"Octiv only makes sense"

What do you like best?

The convenient connection with Salesforce

What do you dislike?

So far, I can not think of anything else

Proposal writing consistency and ease. With Octiv, everything is there. A CSM doesn't have to look for content or take time to put something together.

Octiv review by <span>Jeremy T.</span>
Jeremy T.

"TinderBox Revolutionizes the Proposal Game"

What do you like best?

- We love how it integrates into Salesforce and can pull data right from the opportunity into the proposal. Then the triggers once the deal is signed creates an automated process for when we seal the deal. AUTOMATION!

- The latest update with the live editor is AWESOME! No more need to have 3 tabs open when creating a proposal.

What do you dislike?

- The formstack integration needs some work. I believe there may be a way to better transition from the signature to the payment. Also on the top where it says form I would like to be able to change it to whatever the name of the form is instead of having Form / Payments.

- I would also like deeper salesforce integration. I am not sure what it would take to have Tinderbox natively within salesforce but that is one thing with the IFRAME (especially on smaller screens) I find myself often times once the proposal is created just going to TinderBox and finishing the proposal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Last update provided major improvements and the company appears to be pushing innovation with the product. The customer service is awesome! They really make you feel like family and are there to help with your success.

- Getting paid! No more excuses with the TinderBox and Formstack integration we get paid when the proposal gets signed. We can setup any recurring profiles that are needed and charge final project fees or progressive milestone payments to the card on file per our agreement.

- E-signature. We are a digital agency. Often times we work with clients without ever having a in person correspondence. Tinderbox allows us to work 100% remotely and still make sure everything is legally binding and clearly documented.

Octiv review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Very positive and thurough"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Implementation was very thurough

What do you dislike?

Support is outsourced. My first experience with support was very challenging

Streamlined process for obtaining signed documents from our customers. We no longer have to worry about document errors or missing documents. Everything is signed with the click of one button. We also love the insight as to what the customer is doing with our documents. Before we would send a document and it would be a waiting game.

Octiv review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Professional & Reliable"

What do you like best?

Octiv allows us to share a whole variety of information and data in a way that looks professional and gets our message across easily.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally when adding a large number of PDFs to a document performance isn't 100%.

We moved from unreliable and old fashioned Word templates to a flexible and fast platform. The ability to track our customers activity on the documents, and make updates on the go has improved our efficiency greatly.

Octiv review by <span>Neena A.</span>
Neena A.

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

The support team, any issue I have they are working with me and my team to make sure it is fixed.

What do you dislike?

The glitches and upgrades. when little items are changed in the software

Efficiency, time conserving, redlining.

Octiv review by <span>Lauryn G.</span>
Lauryn G.

"Octiv review"

What do you like best?

How user friendly Octiv is and also that I can track analytics, such as who opens a proposal and which pages they have viewed and for how long.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I have issues with simple formatting and design, such as spacing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Octiv for anyone who works on proposals on a daily or weekly basis.

I use Octiv to create proposals for prospects and the main benefit has been being able to track analytics and easily and quickly create new proposals.

Octiv review by <span>Suzanne M.</span>
Suzanne M.

"Great proposal creator and great team"

What do you like best?

TinderBox fit easily into our Salesforce.com process and created attractive proposals and contracts to present to customers.

What do you dislike?

At the time, the team was still developing "redlining" capabilities that would allowed us to use the tool for more than our standard contracts.

We needed to get our standard agreements into the hands of customers more efficiently and create a system that allowed sales reps to complete a few fields to draw up an agreement. The agreements were sent to and signed by customers much faster. We went from about 1 week to 24-48 hour turnaround.

Octiv review by Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"One of our top sales tools implemented in our Salesforce environment"

What do you like best?

The integration to salesforce and the tracking capabilities or the agreement and documents.

What do you dislike?

Set up isn't as simple or easy as we hoped. You really have to nail your processes down and think through the integration and process piece before attempting to use within Salesforce environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before you purchase, make sure you have your documents thought out and ready to go. No point to purchase until you have everything in place.

Consistent contract and proposal language amongst reps. Ability to see who received and viewed our docs and for how long. If the document gets forwarded and to whom is a huge benefit to get additional power players in a deal. Our speed from order to sign increased.

Octiv review by User in Computer Software

"It works great for our companies contracts"

What do you like best?

I like the features that come along with the live status of contracts. Our sales directors use the tool on a daily basis and greatly enjoy the functionality of the solution. Live email and updates of contract stage is a great feature.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like the logo, I think it could be a lot more inviting. I think the overall functionality is pretty solid, works well for what it is designed to do. No gripes with actual functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth the value it provides, very helpful to our entire team.

We are solving contract payment issues. It really streamlines the process between sales, marketing, legal, finance, etc.

Allows our business to operate more freely around contract terms, updates, revisions, etc. Instant collaboration between all parties involved.

Octiv review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Proposal Generator"

What do you like best?

Flexibility of the platform to configure proposals the way you would like. The team at Octiv has proven to be a good partner to us.

What do you dislike?

Lack of internal conversation tools (for example, when a customer asks a question, the tool doesn't have a sophisticated method of handling those questions.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

HTML knowledge is a must.

Proposal Generation for clients. We have generally standardized the look and feel of proposals going to our customers.

Octiv review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Great concept, so-so execution. "

What do you like best?

It's pretty simple. You can build a proposal, send it for signature, and get a signed doc back. It's not hard to train new users on, and it connects to Salesforce well.

What do you dislike?

The documents rarely display properly, screen size optimization is wonky, and the WYSIWYG editor is more like What You See Is Sort of Sometimes But Regularly Not What You Get.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test it out first, make sure the product works the way you expect it to.

We needed an easy way to deliver executable contracts and proposals. Customers have been generally pleased with the overall experience, and our sales team finds it to be a fairly simple process to build and deliver proposals and contracts.

Octiv review by <span>Nicole D.</span>
Nicole D.

"Good for It's Purpose"

What do you like best?

Tinderbox offers a nice way to store content and quickly plug it into standard formats. The web-based output is attractive, simple to use and navigate, and good for what it is intended for.

What do you dislike?

I do not find its functionality to be effective for the purposes for which our business bought it. As a consulting firm, our attempt was to standardize the quality of the output. However, we must respond in totally customized ways to RFPs, exchange entire documents with subcontractors who are returning things to us in word processors, and fit our proposals into specific formats. The "export to Word" function does not export in a way that is easily edited, and so I find it does not really save much time in the end and actually creates new challenges for proposal development.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider carefully how much customization you might need beyond the features that are available.

We are attempting to solve the problem of staff using outdated or incorrect material in proposals to our clients. Tinderbox does provide a platform to store the correct versions of things all in one place.

Octiv review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Octiv for salesforce quoting "

What do you like best?

web based presentation layer + preview makes it easy to review the proposal and make tweaks to the content within the proposals.

What do you dislike?

uploading slideware still not mature and we feel still a bit limited in our ability to add images to our proposals. Some of the limitations are salesforce and not Octiv however and working within the limitations of salesforce has been a challenge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Heavily customized quote formats will require more integration and customization upfront.

Octiv has helped us take quoting from an offline, excel-based approach to an online, visible, tracked approach. This give us intelligence when customers review our proposals and also makes our company look more modern. It delivers a better CX overall.

Octiv review by <span>Michelle Z.</span>
Michelle Z.

"Tinderbox Review"

What do you like best?

Tinderbox doesn't have a high learning curve for beginners and if offers real time data. Definitely sets a standard to making effective presentations that leave good first impressions on the user's audience. There are outlines to start with and can include various external files for making attractive presentations. It is a great information management tool for growing businesses.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how the product only works some of the time and isn't fluid when multiple people are making edits. Also there is a huge clutter of options on the right side which takes away from some of the experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When using Tinderbox, make sure to identify the document fields to autofill which helps with customization and data optimization.

Tinderbox is a great solution to making professional proposals. One of the major benefits is the consistency of the appearance and the ability to sign documents electronically.

Octiv review by Administrator in Facilities Services
Administrator in Facilities Services

"Monica's Review"

What do you like best?

Overall, I think that Octiv has great customer support. I love the Webinars and training that Octiv provides.

What do you dislike?

I feel that the Assets sections and build out of proposals can feel a little clunky.

We do have clients that complain of Bid Acceptance not being clear. I think the benefit is client's recognize the level of professionalism that Octiv provides.

Octiv review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Solid Document Solution for what is out there"

What do you like best?

I like that Octiv has a very user friendly layout and is visually appealing.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that some promises that were made couldn't be fulfilled, as well as Octiv is not as integrated with DocuSign as well as we would like. A closer integration would allow for a lot more capabilities. If they are selling the licenses bundled together, there should be a closer tie between the two systems.

Sending out contracts for our sales team. We have been able to better lock down the contract software so that sales users are not able to change language.

Octiv review by Administrator

"Content Manager"

What do you like best?

Support for various types of assets - snippets for RFI answers, proposal content, etc.

What do you dislike?

Does not support multiple authors on a document, can't view presentation notes if presenting live, and bulk asset management is difficult (slow and needs to happen offline).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best used with a CRM - they tend to favor Salesforce, though others are supported.

Content management, content sharing

Octiv review by <span>Christina W.</span>
Christina W.

"Simple selling for sustainable growth"

What do you like best?

The usability of the system. It requires minimal technical set-up and is user friendly for your entire team.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes at present; no complaints. I will likely only have requests or ideas for upgrades.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a powerful proposal creation tool, without the headache of long, troublesome set-up, Tinderbox is THE solution. The ability to customize the experience for the end user/client and brand your proposals is unparalleled. We're a company that is always looking to be ahead of the game and with Tinderbox, we know our proposals will stand out against any competitor's, through ease of use, design and interactive presentation of our product.

We were using an archaic and clunky excel to word document that was not manageable or scalable. This is a time saver and we all know time is money!

"Octiv Usage"

What do you like best?

Produces clean looking dynamic proposals

What do you dislike?

We've had to trouble shoot errors in doc

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clear picture of your uses and needs to avoid having to change things after set up.

We use Octiv for our proposal generation. It has the potential to be a time saver however it is not there yet. Octiv support has be helpful with addressing our concerns as we develop this.

"Quick, simple, powerful."

What do you like best?

The usability. The ease in which you can create and send out contracts is unparalleled. I love that what used to take me hours, now takes me minutes. Hats off to whoever created the UI.

What do you dislike?

It isn't the most powerful too. If you have a long sales process and hundred upon hundreds of T and Cs then Tinderbox may not be for you. Transactional sales cycle? Tinderbox is perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most bang for your buck.

The business problem(s) we are solving is the lack of hours in the day. I need to be focused on my job, not admin work. The quicker I can spin up a proposal the quicker I can get back to closing deals.

Octiv review by <span>Jessica H.</span>
Jessica H.

"Tinderbox : Proposals in REAL TIME"

What do you like best?

The ability to create a proposal and send it out with a specialized link and content. Tinderbox brings our proposals to life and gives our prospects ALL the information they need in one link.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Other than I look forward to being able to integrate this tool with more and more tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is well worth your time. We have realized that we need our contracts to work inside Tinderbox, not Tinderbox to work with our contracts. It is a new day and age and we are re-vamping our Sales process to be on top of the market & Tinderbox allows us to do so.

We are able to track finalized contracts in our Salesforce CRM and be able to negotiate and communicate within the live proposal without voiding and canceling over and over.

"Proposals on Steroids"

What do you like best?

TinderBox has built this application for the user. The sales team has flexibility to add existing content provided by marketing or add their own custom material. Simple to clone from successful documents yet secure to ensure legal details are not modified. Tracking activity is easy to view and alerts can be set up with CRM integration. Administrators have plenty of options to ensure security is enforced between multiple types of users ranging from marketing, contract administrators, product, sales users and their managers for different hierarchical businesses.

What do you dislike?

We have submitted several of our suggestions for enhancements to TinderBox and they let us know how it is prioritized or work with us to find a resolution. As an Administrator it is sometimes hard to know which security fields should be turned on, but reaching out to support has always resolved our issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are so many options you have with TinderBox that I have not seen with other applications. Personally I feel their support team does an outstanding job and that is important when you have a vendor that cares.

We have used this application with Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online 2013 & 2015 versions and the TinderBox support team provided outstanding assistance to ensure our implementations were seamless to the users and successful. Our focus has been on integrating our complex opportunities into a proposal with marketing collateral and legal documents. Our sales team will make revisions to the proposals and can track within our CRM application the success of signed or declined proposals.

"Octiv and happiness "

What do you like best?

Simple to send and execute quotes I like how quick it is to send and receive docs.

What do you dislike?

Customization can be difficult for admin

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rely on your CSM in order to get the full value of the implementation. There was some difficulty setting up until they got involved.

Getting quotes and docs sent, reviewed, tracked and signed.

Octiv review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"I have been working with tinderbox for almost 2 years"

What do you like best?

The ability to present a lot of information to a customer that they can reference and pass on to other.

What do you dislike?

The lack of transparency of some of the formulas for templates is frustrating. It takes some trial and try again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It help present our proposals with professionalism, efficiency and communicates clearly to our customers or their decision makers.

We use it in a presenting a multi media sales quote. The customer may not know all the questions they want to ask but a list of document and information can be accessed without the phone/ email back and forth. I have seen a more informed buyer and customers that requier less follow-up

Octiv review by <span>Brad S.</span>
Brad S.

"You didn't mean sign that"

What do you like best?

I like that it is quick and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The "Accept process" is confusing for user

Before Octiv, we had all of our quotes in access, and only the person that knew how to use it, was the person that created it. This made the process very tedious and difficult, especially if you needed something quick and that person wasn't around. This made making changes very difficult.

Octiv review by <span>Aaron R.</span>
Aaron R.

"Octiv is a great tool for getting proposals and contracts to our customers"

What do you like best?

Great integration with Salesforce. Friendly UI.

What do you dislike?

Has some bugs with editing contracts/proposals. Copy and pasting, redlining, etc.

Organization of contracts.

Octiv review by <span>Korey M.</span>
Korey M.

"TinderBox - The leader in online proposal automation"

What do you like best?

I love how seamless it is for me to create a proposal and the amount of time I save with this platform. In addition, it has finally brought our sales process up to date and the online signatures is a huge aspect of this. Overall, we are pumped to be using TinderBox now, as we can streamline our proposal process and save time to devote elsewhere.

What do you dislike?

There are a few features within TB that are a bit clunky that I would like to see get cleaned up. You cannot edit a proposal once it is published and you cannot delete analytics from a proposal (to my knowledge) and these two features would be great. Aside from that, the implementation they took us through was great and the platform has been awesome thus far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would definitely tell anyone who is considering a proposal automation software to start with TB and go from there

Solving many problems with our old proposal process. We save: time, money, paper, hassle, inconvenience of email and pdf documents. The benefits are that we can now devote less time to custom proposal writing and have more time dedicated to tracking leads and next opportunities.

Octiv review by <span>Josh E.</span>
Josh E.

"Outstanding Proposal Tool that has im"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is fantastic. It didn't take long to implement to our specifications and the on-boarding team was very helpful. Also, it is very easy to train new sales reps on how to use the tool.

What do you dislike?

I have not come across anything I don't like at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a fantastic piece of software! My sales reps praise me for implementing it, and we get a lot of compliments from our prospects.

We had a very antiquated proposal process (just using an excel template). It didn't provide a good impression for prospects, and also didn't allow any visibility to myself as to what was being quoted. Now that we can quickly build out proposals using pre-built Products in Salesfoce, we can quickly and aesthetically produce awesome proposals.

Octiv review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Proposal Streamlining Software"

What do you like best?

Ability streamline the proposal process for new clients. The tracking and notification works great!

What do you dislike?

Length of required contract to use services. No trial period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you do enough proposals to warrant the annual contract. Several of their services that I was looking for turned out to be in the higher tiered plans than what I was willing to pay for. Many of their competitors don't require annual contracts and give you "starter text" to begin your proposals with. There is no library to start with at TinderBox. Your "library" is all build by you from scratch. Of course they are willing to help you with the look and feel as well as the layout of your template for "hundreds" to even "thousands" of additional dollars in fees. Companies are in business to make money, I get that, but this is certainly a premium price for something that doesn't have all of the "bells and whistles".

I was spending too much time trying to systematize my proposals to meet all of the different projects for potential clients. I've been able to greatly reduce the amount of time to create and send a proposal as well as see and track when it was viewed.

Octiv review by <span>Cindy S.</span>
Cindy S.

"Easy-to-Use, Time-Saving Document Creation Tool w/Quick Tech Support"

What do you like best?

Ignite... it's by far superior than previous versions of this tool.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything yet. The couple items I would like they are working on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an awesome tool. I would suggest that you have a few people that would use it most try it out first to make sure it's a good fit for your company, but make sure you have just one of them setup in an admin type role. It makes it more difficult to judge the effectiveness of the tool if you have more than one cook in the kitchen.

Consistency in our documents appearance and content throughout the organization. It's super easy to add snippets of text or whole content sections that we use in many of our documents that everyone has access to. The ability to allow the recipient to sign the documents digitally is a huge time-saver for them and turn around on accepted documents is much quicker. Integration with Salesforce was a must and the Formstack integration is a bonus.

Octiv review by <span>Timothy M.</span>
Timothy M.

"My Experience With Tinderbox"

What do you like best?

I like that it makes a proposal look organized. It is an easy thing to set up and Tinderbox takes care of making the proposal look appealing to the eye.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the edit proposal feature. If I realize that I had left something out or made a different mistake, it is a little time consuming to fix that error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to use Tinderbox in large account proposals where the economic buyer may not be present at the time of the meeting. Also, I recommend that anyone that uses this site utilize the Tinderbox service team if there are any difficulties. Chris Gordon has helped on several occasions if I had an issue, and the timeliness of the help cannot be matched.

Tinderbox allows me to show the core values of Ehrlich Pest Control to anyone I send the link to. The major benefit to Tinderbox is being able to have a nice looking proposal for an economic buyer that may not have been present during the initial meeting.

Octiv review by <span>Joe M.</span>
Joe M.

"Gaining visibility and streamlining contract negotiations and signing with Tinderbox"

What do you like best?

Visibility to who viewed the proposal and what they viewed.

Digital signature eliminates and paper - no printing, signing, scanning and emailing.

MSA redlines can be requested quickly and approved.

When presenting the final proposal, I have the Build section of Tinderbox open while reviewing the Preview. If changes are requested, I make them immediately and avoid a delayed signature.

What do you dislike?

The formatting could be a little better. It will auto-double space, but it's not a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very useful tool. FYI, I wasn't involved in the purchase or pricing so I have no data or opinion on Pricing and Terms.

Digital signature, redlining process, visibility into prospect interactions with the proposal.

Octiv review by <span>Katjana G.</span>
Katjana G.

"Client Success Specialist "

What do you like best?

Clean and consistent templates. Helps save time with pieces of the proposal writing.

What do you dislike?

Bad formatting. Very temperamental when I try to make edits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Work on more consistent formatting. As a user or admin would like to undo a published document

Consistent proposals are wonderful. Beyond the visual aspect, it's nice it have uniformed information to later review regardless if you are the creator or referencing the document at a later time.

Octiv review by <span>Steven J.</span>
Steven J.

"Nice, simple proposal software"

What do you like best?

The interface allows the client to easily navigate absorb info, and accept the proposal.

What do you dislike?

As with any SaaS product, there are bugs. I sometimes experience issues with syncing, and we have the general rule that only one user should be working on a proposal at a time.

We use TinderBox for SOW's. It has made the process of "filing" and reporting much easier as everything is now digital. Paper copies may be printed but it saves trees and all the headaches that come with physical paper.

Octiv review by <span>Brian M.</span>
Brian M.

"Software that drives action"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, templates, and tracking. It is simple to quickly build a quality proposal by selecting pre-loaded blocks of content. We have several templates that allow us to customize proposals depending on the needs of the prospect and can include a mix of mediums; text, video, graphics, etc. And finally, we can track when and how our prospects interact with the content we include. This insight allows us to time and deliver meaningful follow up that drives business through the pipeline.

What do you dislike?

WYSIWYG editor. I've had issues with how the editor loads on my screen and it's not as intuitive as Word for processing page breaks, indentations, and other basic editing functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've seen Tinderbox evolve and am continuously impressed with their product, level of service, and value we receive by using the software.

We've improved the quality of the proposals sent to prospects, gained significant efficiency in proposal creation, and have the ability to track interactions with our proposals that drive meaningful action during the sales cycle. We've started using Tinderbox for other types of documents beyond the proposals.

Octiv review by <span>Conner B.</span>
Conner B.

"Stellar"

What do you like best?

Dopamine-induced text messages based on document views/contract acceptance. Love the thrill of knowing we're close to a deal!

What do you dislike?

Email workflows for prospects used to be a bit limited, but now have actually come up to speed!

Streamlined the creation of proposals and contracts. Save hours per proposal.

Shortened sales cycles by limiting back and forth iwth prospects.

Learn more about Octiv