Office 365

Office when and where you need it. Work anywhere, anytime, on any device. Office 365 is ready when you are.

Work for Office 365?

Learning about Office 365?

Office 365 Reviews

Ask Office 365 a Question
Showing 493 Office 365 reviews
Office 365 review by Brooklyn C.
Brooklyn C.

"Office 365"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy the high amount of storage that is available for use. I do not have to archive emails anymore. In addition, it is very user friendly. The buttons at the top have descriptive photos under them and the calendar allows you to color coordinate your schedule making it easy to prioritize your day. I can select and unselect certain colors which is helpful when I need to go back and track meetings. I find it to be extremely helpful helping me manage all of the things on my to-do list for the day and for the week. My productivity has increases substantially since I started using this software. I can never go back to anything else. I love that I can easily use it from my cell phone as well. Much of the functionality is kept when using it on your phone as if you were using it from your personal computer. When I am away, I can easily set my away message from my phone without having to log in to a computer.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the focused vs other mail tab. I am not sure how it besides what goes into your other tab, but it almost works as a secondary spam folder. I miss emails at time if I do not check it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program that I encourage all to take advantage of and really learn all that it has to offer.

Using Office 365 has resolved the low storage issue of Microsoft Outlook. The benefits of having this additional storage allows me to keep all of my emails and attachments localized to my inbox and not archive them to my desktop. This helps me with managing my work time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Office 365
Office 365 review by Caroline I.
Caroline I.

"Microsoft Office Experience Taken to Another level!"

What do you like best?

My most favourite thing about Office 365 is the fact that it is cloud-based. I am able to access my documents and the office applications(excel, word, powerpoint etc) from any device - tablet, phone, PC etc. My files are secure. In the event my computer crashes, my files are safe.

Another advantage of Office 365 is that my colleagues and I are able to collaborate on the same document without creating duplicates of the file. To me, this is a very powerful feature that makes collaboration more manageable and faster.

The closest alternative to Office 365 is Google Docs. Office 365 is better than Google Docs because it offers a familiar user experience to the Desktop Version of Microsoft office products. Google docs interface is significantly different from the desktop version of office.

What do you dislike?

The disadvantage of Office 365 is that it is pricey and most of the time the users of the application do not make use of all the functionality that comes with the application.

Another downside of Office 365 is that you have to have an internet connection for you to use the application. If the internet is slow or not available, you can't access your documents or the apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cloud is the future. Office 365 gives you the kind of flexibility and convenience you need to survive in the modern work environment.

Using Office, collaboration is much easier and efficient.

What Office Suites solution do you use?

Office 365 review by Benjamín G.
Benjamín G.

"Las mejores herramientas de colaboración: Office 365"

What do you like best?

Office 365 es el conjunto de herramientas de ofimática y servicios en la nube. Esta versión del ya conocido Microsoft Office ofrece la posibilidad de trabajar en equipo de una manera muy sencilla. Nos asegura tener siempre la última versión de Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, entre otros. Además cuenta con 1 TB en OneDrive para que puedas almacenar todo lo que necesites pudiendo compartir con cualquier persona esos archivos. Existen diferentes suscripciones como la Hogar o Estudiantes. Pero si tengo que destacar algo es que puedes usar todas estas herramientas desde la nube sin tener que instalar nada.

What do you dislike?

El problema que encuentro no es de Office 365 sino del modelo de pago que usa. La suscripción no es para toda la vida, y por tanto cuando se acabe el periodo de la licencia tendrás que volver a pagarla. Como digo, no es un problema de Office 365, pero si que es cierto que podrían modificar el modelo de negocio actual, manteniendo la suscripción pero cuando llegues al precio de lo que vale el software, dejes de pagar y puedas disfrutar de él de por vida.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Office 365 es un gran acierto por parte de Microsoft pero está dedicado al uso laboral o académico. Si eres un usuario común y quieres usar herramientas como Word o Excel, es mejor que optes por la versión normal de Office. En cambio, si formas parte de un entorno laboral o académico o eres un administrador de sistemas que quiere unificar a todos los usuarios (ya sea en una universidad o en una empresa) es mucho mejor usar la versión 365 de Office.

Utilizar Office 365 nos asegura a todo el equipo de la empresa utilizar el mismo software y la misma versión, pudiendo optimizar el tiempo en lo que se nos pide. Además podemos almacenar cosas relacionadas a nuestro trabajo en OneDrive.

Office 365 review by Francisco P.
Francisco P.

"office 365 innovation of applications together"

What do you like best?

this new version of the office has as main objective, the merger between Outlook, Skype and the office tools (Word, Excel and Power Point) it seems to me that it is something extremely amazing in the space in the cloud to be able to register your files In addition, any modification made with the documents is automatically updated in the cloud and backed up with a great innovation that either the previous version of the office is not forward, added to that the mail merge with Skype and office me it looks excellent very good

What do you dislike?

what seems bad to me, but just as subjective, is the storage space for the free version, besides, that seems to me a very complete and friendly application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

for me it would be good to make more knowledge about the improvements of this office merger, since according to my point of view there is not so much publicity

My personal experience is very happy, to have support in the cloud of my documents, in addition to be able to register my mail, along with my Skype, and to be able to watch movies and more I think it is super friendly and good the application I recommend it.

Office 365 review by Hajra S.
Hajra S.

"Hands-on Microsoft Office 365 Product"

What do you like best?

Best product for all users with Small to Business and Enterprise plans.

Easy and compatible to use with all Applications and email services.

Very Good support from Microsoft Team.

Enlarge your business by adopting these in your company.

We can collaborate multiple apps with our requirement like Shaarepoint, Onedrive and Flow feature.

Deep-dive features and functionality available inside the product.

What do you dislike?

High pricing for Enterprise plans.

If we add-on any applications to basic plans then it charged higher than a combined package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We suggest all the users to get to know and learn the product application completely before deploying and adopting in the organization environment. There is always a way present in Office 365 to get the requirement fulfilled.

We are providing Office 365 solutions to clients and using in our organization from last 5 years. We provide support for deploying a client from any platform to Office 365, it could be on-premise or IMAP environment.Office 365 makes our work easy to get in touch with clients using all Applications.

Office 365 review by Nicolas C.
Nicolas C.

"This software is a mandatory tool for all people who need to develop work papers and presentations"

What do you like best?

office 365 is a free tool for students if the University has an agreement, this makes possible to have it on the personal computer. In addition, all the necessary tools for writing articles, making presentations, creating professional diagrams, managing projects, among others, are brought together in a single platform. Ideal for people who work in companies, or students.

What do you dislike?

In some available tools it would be good to think about the collaboration with other software that allows to develop some things faster. Once I had the bad experience that one of the tools crashed and I had to format the entire computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tools are excellent, my recommendation is to learn them to use correctly and completely, since many times it is believed that the tools do not do something when in reality it is the user who has not looked for the correct option in the software

All my works, presentations and project management for different research projects are made through the pool of applications available thanks to office 365

Office 365 review by Stever Jose G.
Stever Jose G.

"solution of office packages with a monthly payment and with the latest versions of each application"

What do you like best?

have in a single tenant the administration of users, email and manage for licenses based on our user profiles that license assign and pay for what is actually used in each area and not pay licensing for a product for a number of licenses example 10 and that only 3 people use it in the company is one of the best benefits, we simply buy the solutions that we need to use and put into use measuring it by means of the reports and if this way we renew or not.

To have the facility as a user to be able to have the information from any device or from any place is something imprecindible in these times.

its use is very easy and intuitive with each one of the email, office and continuous update solutions of the latest versions.

the impllementacion and figuration to migrate from an old local platform is very simple and secure, you can host all the mail in the cloud or keep a hybrid scenario

What do you dislike?

the changes of versions of the tenant are not notified in advance, they simply change and when you enter you realize that you have to go back to review where each option is, I think microsoft should send a previous notice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not be afraid to use or pay for being Microsoft is not expensive solution. I ask you to use the 30 day test

to have all the necessary packages in a single service so that the work teams can carry out their activities in person or remotely to the offices and paying for necessarily using them because with the reports it facilitates the decision-making of what licensing we need and what use is given to each software is ideal.

Office 365 review by Joel P.
Joel P.

"Personal and Government Office 365 Use"

What do you like best?

There is no better umbrella of enterprise-grade unified communications, corporate email, collaboration on the market than Office 365. It is ridiculously easy to set up and go live with migrations from existing on-premise, hosted, or other cloud solutions.

What do you dislike?

The lower end Office 365 licenses lack the full suite of online services unless you purchase one with the full Office 365 client installations.

Office 365 for Government lacks any parity with the rest of the Office 365 customer base. It's a huge burden to deal with; your customers and you yourself expect things to be one way, but it is entirely different. Microsoft needs to step up and achieve more parity between the sectors of Office 365

Recommendations to others considering the product

For enterprise-level Office 365, set up a change management board to systematically roll out new services that are in Office 365's pipeline. Have a development tenant to kick the tires in a way that doesn't impact your production environment. Have a single architect determining how your organization uses Office 365. Be very careful what 3rd party solutions you tie to your Office 365 environment (e.g. MobileIron) Microsoft's native solutions (e.g. Intune) are almost always cheaper, better, and easier to maintain in the long run.

Greater collaboration between users to get more work done with less effort.

Office 365 review by Laura D.
Laura D.

"My Office 365 Review"

What do you like best?

This email is great! I love that it gives you access to so much that you need - email, word, note, powerpoint, and so on! It feels like the complete package. I use word and email the most. Email is great! It's got everything I need. I can open up email on one side of the screen and still see other emails coming in. If I need to add a meeting onto my calendar and I'm still in my email I can simply hit the email icon and it will take me there. I can even add additional emails onto my work email that are relevant to my job. It makes it all so much easier. I can also read my voicemails that come in and it transcribes them for me so that's a really handy option.

What do you dislike?

What I don't like is it can take some time getting used to. If you aren't a pc user, then is a learning curve you have to adjust to. Sometimes, it's not always obvious to find the action that you need. For instance, it took me a couple of tries to find the calendar app via email. There was one tab up above that said "meeting" so I thought, "great that must be it" but then it wanted me to send an email to the person I was just corresponding with and ask to schedule a meeting with him. Then there are some emails that the site automatically sends to junk mail that aren't actually junk mail and I"m still having issues trying to get them not labeled as junk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not entirely user friendly because there are so many tabs and different things you can do. If there was a way to organize it better, or create a tutorial guide for those who are using it for the first time, I think that would be really beneficial.

I use this email for my work at the library. I receive messages from my supervisors, colleagues, and on campus students and professors. My email is also linked with the main help email in the room I am working at in the university library. I can see from my desktop all the emails and calls that come in and I can answer them from there.

Office 365 review by Chandan D.
Chandan D.

"I do not need a desk. My office is in Cloud !!"

What do you like best?

Office 365 gives me the capability to access and manage my work anywhere and on any device.

Because of cloud presence all my documents and work is safe and secure.

Co-Authoring provides the capability for multiple team members to work simultaneously on any document.

Outlook365 provides enough capability as a simple mail client to manage and address mails on the go.

I can work on and update my presentations, spreadsheets and even reply to mails while travelling and / or over a mobile.

Office 365 gives you independence from the Platform and works as Apps based or Browser based application.

You can create add-ins to add any customized functionality to it.

One Drive provides enough storage and can be increased on Demand. It is safe and secured too.

One Note is great at taking notes, tracking minutes of meeting with all the formatting of Office 365 applications.

What do you dislike?

Office 365 requires a fast and stable internet connection to function properly.

All these features makes it costly compared to other competitors.

Office 365 and its app take up a great deal of memory and processor when installed and running.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Office 365 can be recommended for the following -

Work from anywhere and on any device

Content is Safe, Secure and Available always

No worries about Back Up and Data Recovery

Compatible with almost all platforms and devices.

Storing and managing content over the cloud and browser provides the edge over other client based applications.

Accessing files on the go proves beneficial and waiting time is greatly reduced. Thus increasing efficiency and productivity of the company.

Office 365 review by Mate V.
Mate V.

"Office 365 is delightful!"

What do you like best?

Integration of complementary services is very tight. Service works as expected and can be easily fine-tuned to meet your business requirements. It can be expanded and reduced regarding extensions and users very easily. The navigation and features are easy to use and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Office 365 is, sadly, relatively pricely if not overpriced regarding its competitors, especially when you take into account that some services even offer all those features for free. However, the vast number of products and services you get with a 365 subscription, if you use it well and integrate your company tightly with Office 365, justifies the price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to take your business to the next level with tightly integrated services that communicate with each other well, present your co-workers and clients with familiar tools and intuitive interfaces, Office 365 is the way to go.

Web apps, mobile apps, consistent, easy to use and manage.

Office 365 review by Erick S.
Erick S.

"Great product, only a few drawbacks that aren't frequent"

What do you like best?

Solid, standard software, updates are automatic, management of user subscriptions is easy.

What do you dislike?

Admin portals change frequently without warning. Feature updates are rolled out before they are well vetted, which sometimes brings down our ability to send and/or receive email consistently. This ability is critical for business, and waiting for changes to roll back in order for services to be restored to normal is NOT acceptable. This has only been an issue 3 times since enrolling in 2013, and the last time was 2016.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works well, but the admin piece and support team need work. Admin portal is getting better, but gets needlessly modified and I have to rediscover how to do a task, either by exploration, site search, or research on the Internet for current instructions. Online help (whether a chat or submitting a help request) staff needs work, and should speak the language of their customer well. Sometimes communication is difficult, and reliance on standard workarounds (uninstall, reinstall; inconsistent guesses or sending people on a support site or internet hunt to find their own solution to a problem; not responding to help requests in a timely manner if a problem merits immediate assistance; needing to call to reuse a valid license, etc.) is a frequent problem working with Microsoft Support team, in any capacity and for every product. This is common for most large companies, and technology vendors. Microsoft being both, and one of the largest, makes them one of the most likely to have this issue, so this is not a surprise, just something they need to focus on.

Email, productivity applications, collaboration with teams and business partners

Office 365 review by David  B.
David B.

"Office 365 is great for all types of businesses"

What do you like best?

I have been using Microsoft products for in excess of 25 years personally and within our businesses, I still personally think Microsoft makes some of the best software applications. Five years ago we upgraded our servers and mail services from on-premises equipment to Office365 cloud solutions. This change was very simple and one of the best decisions we have made. We still have full control over our services without the hassle of owning expensive servers and licensing, and of course the upkeep and maintenance of the equipment and services.

We utilise most of the Office 365 services available to us and we have very little issues with the service level.

- The software is simple to use

- Very cost effective compared to legacy solutions

- Robust

- Innovation - Microsoft are always looking at new tools or making existing processes better

- Integration - Integrates well with other 3rd parties software

- Great mobile Apps for access on the move

- Cloud-based thus reducing ownership costs.

What do you dislike?

We had one technical issue with a registered Domain on the Office 365 platform, even after deleting the domain it was showing up as still being connected on the Microsoft Exchange server. I have contacted support a dozen times and still no fix to date.

Apart from the above issue the support has been excellent, the products are robust and you get a lot of bang for your dollar.

Microsoft Office 365 services are not only saving us thousands of pounds per year by reducing our equipment costs, support costs and maintenance costs, but they are allowing us as a business to work more effectively. As a team, we can collaborate better, work from anywhere in the world and have full control of our services.

Office 365 review by Melissa K.
Melissa K.

"Great for collaboration, businesses, schools, project and program mgmt."

What do you like best?

Office 365, depending on the subscription purchased, lends an excellent platform for people who need to communicate their progress of items, tasks, assignments, projects and programs that are accomplished by large groups of people. Office 365 apps gives customers the autonomy to pick & choose which are needed and those they don't have to commit to.

What do you dislike?

When incorporating Office 365 to an on-premise, pre-existing legacy Windows operating system, such as ADFS 1.0, and higher, federation is a necessary evil if clients are already using cloud based technologies. Federating a hybrid environment has its challenges and requires personnel who know what their are doing to keep it operating smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enterprise plans are very expensive, but prove to be the best tools for any business that wants saniety checks of data retention, organization of customized lists & libraries, ease of use (from administrator's point of view) and apps that can be integrated with other 3rd party apps without compatibility issues that may be encountered with other collaboration software.

Office 365 provides a console for end users to enter their credentials and get to work, whether is it accessing emails, to collaborating with a team on Microsoft Groups or Teams. Groups is a good starting point to allow for nontechnical end users to begin working together on a project. A group is easy to create, but can be confused with Microsoft's other option, Teams. A group can create a team, but not vice versa. This is just one example of how end users can get confused with so many options made available in Office 365 with little information available to help end users understand the differences. Too many options in Office 365 that appear to accomplish the same goal offers a recipe of duplication.

Office 365 review by Prasad Z.
Prasad Z.

"Great all in package"

What do you like best?

1. The best feature is it lets me configure my mails on my phone, thus keeping me upto date.

2. It allows me to save all my documents on one drive, which a lot of times is a life saver.

3. The updates are automatically updated without a manual intervention.

4. The increased level of storage makes it easier to not delete mails.

What do you dislike?

Compatibity between 2 different versions of office 365 is a tedious task. It makes it difficult when clients have a different version than us and we are unable to use certain features.

The communicator on office 365 could be designed in a better way so that it is more UI friendly and easier to use. I understant communicator can be installed as part of the office on our system, but the issues occurs when we are using offcie 365 on another system that i not configured to use the communicator.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A good tool for business needs, and comes with a complete office package which is incredible given that even windows user is habituated to office.

One drive is one of the benefits i have realised.

Other than that record keeping is another best thing of office 365.

Office 365 review by Aaron S.
Aaron S.

"Best Software In Its Class!"

What do you like best?

The software speaks for itself as the leader in all things office. What is wonderful about the 365 is the behind the scenes updates and always the latest for you. The collaboration is enhanced. The cloud options are useful. I really like the mobile applications that sync up with everything else I am doing.

What do you dislike?

I have used this for 4 years and haven't found anything I dislike yet! I know you want to hear something bad, but I don't have anything negative to say about the use of the product. At times, the Admin side of things can be frustrating. One staffer has had issues with the download to a Surface. Yet, it was accomplished!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are tired of everyone purchasing their own software, even if it is all Office. The time it takes to upgrade and costs involved should drive you to 365. I recommend anyone to try 365. I guarantee that once you realize you do not have to purchase the next update, you will never go back!

All of our staff use the same software now so this allows for easy flow of work and more effective collaboration. We have seen financial savings. We experience less issues with office personnel having different versions and documents are then difficult to use. Now we are all on the same version all the time.

Office 365 review by Pankaj Kumar S.
Pankaj Kumar S.

"A complete package for the staffs"

What do you like best?

There are many features I like about office 365 some of them are - ability to upload files on onedrive , office and Excel documents are under one roof and out of all it is cloiud based which means we can retrieve our files where we go.

What do you dislike?

Unable to delete the entire mails through the web app, the restriction of deleting 5 emails at a time should be lifted on the web app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

All you data are available and accessable from any part of the world and there is no need to wait just connect and login and you are ready to access the files immediately it is surely a complete package for the price at which it is offered.

We are using office 365 to mail out clients, office documents are loaded to one drive for easy access and Excel files are managed directly from the office 365

Office 365 review by Nate B.
Nate B.

"Robust, Feature Rich, Typical Microsoft Issues"

What do you like best?

Office 365 is great for a Microsoft-centered application suite. The online portal gives you a place to administer nearly every aspect from creating and managing user email addresses, collaborative groups and distribution lists, searching and archiving inboxes, managing enterprise spam settings, and more.

It's a time saver to be able to go into a web portal, create a new user, assign them an email address, the entire Office suite, and additional programs like Visio and Project all from one page. No more managing your own on premise server, performing maintenance, and worrying about backups.

What do you dislike?

It's a Microsoft product which means it's prone to stupid little inconsistencies and annoyances that will quite possibly never be fixed or will perhaps be fixed, but just for awhile until it breaks again.

Want to download a pst file from a recent criteria based email search? You'll need a Microsoft browser to do that. Want to automatically buy a Visio license for a user when you assign it? Function doesn't work...6 months later - it works!!...3 weeks after that - it's broken again.

Also there have been a number of instances where I feel the task I want to accomplish should be easily performed through the portal, but there just isn't a way to do it and I have to fire up a PowerShell session to get it done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be absolutely sure you know what you want when you choose your onmicrosoft domain name, because there is no way to edit that! You're only option is to create a new one and migrate everything to it.

Office 365 is great for taking the load of your IT team by eliminating having to fudge around with their own server, maintain it, back it up, and troubleshoot it.

There is also an impressively powerful Office 365 Admin app for smartphones that notifies you of reported issues and let's you do a number of tasks related to user management from the convenience of your phone which is great for severing access for a no-heads up termination while you're out to lunch.

Office 365 review by Samuel C.
Samuel C.

"Office 365 is cutting edge!"

What do you like best?

Office 365 stays current with the newest technology and is always making improvements. I do not have to download updates; they are automatically applied. Additionally, the updates are actually relevant and helpful. The new features are relevant and useful. Microsoft has done a great job of listening to what users have wanted for years and had to implement with workarounds but now with Office 365 monthly updates can use quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

If you are not using the latest version of Office, you cannot use the newest updates. Also, if I want to utilize a function and a workmate does not have it, I cannot incorporate that functionality in my document. I understand I am using a different version of the software than them, but it makes it tedious for checking my functions or graphs, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you are on the newest version of Office software so you can take advantage of the newest implementations. Either that or have everyone on the same version so that you do not run into compatibility issues. Also, watch the update videos and try out the new features. For instance, in Excel, many of the old array formulas can now be done with standard formulas, which makes the files fun more efficiently and make editing way easier!

Most of my data reporting is completed with Office 365. I use it almost constantly. For example, I used to make box and whisker plots almost daily. In older versions of Excel, I would have to do a work around with bar graphs and a secondary axis, which took a considerable amount of research and time. Now, because of the automatic updates, I can make a box and whisker plot automatically! Also, the ability to collaborate with colleagues in real time within Excel is very helpful as we can save time completing projects by having multiple people edit documents at the same time instead of emailing a document around, losing data, re-checking, etc.

Also, it integrates great with other software, such as Short Tel communications within Outlook.

Office 365 review by Sun K.
Sun K.

"Office 365 - Finally, the Office and Email that you need and can use"

What do you like best?

Office 365 offers the complete suite of Office 2016 (and any future updates) via a subscription service. It makes sense if you regularly upgrade your version of Office whenever a new version comes out - and it includes up to 50GB of email and storage too. Even better, you can turn off your old Exchange servers.

What do you dislike?

The email services are not as inexpensive as a standard POP account, and once you start getting your software on a subscription basis you are basically captive to them forever - unless you go out and buy your own copy of software and sign up to another email service. But - it isn't that expensive, and what you get is of great value.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have Exchange server in your organization and/or older versions of Office, seriously consider moving to Office 365. The maintenance costs of Exchange server are usually higher and with more downtime on your own, this pushes the costs back on to Microsoft. Invariably, we had outages of 1-2 days every couple years with various Exchange servers and the cost to recover was usually in the thousands.

Office 365 allows us to standardize on the latest version of Office, while allowing some flexibility as to our needs. For example, the E3 enterprise subscription offers more products that aren't included in the lower level Small Business subscription - so you can pick and choose what you need - and you can do it on a user by user basis. Best of all, it allows us to retire Exchange servers - which have always been problematical, clunky, expensive to operate and maintain, and push it all back onto Microsoft. Now when there is an outage you can just sit back and wait for it to be fixed rather than put forth a herculean effort to figure out the obscure reason why it failed - often while working with Microsoft's support on their timetable and not yours.

Office 365 review by Matthew K.
Matthew K.

"A Productivity Workhorse with a Few New Tricks"

What do you like best?

It is nice to have web access to productivity apps so you can work from other machines without worrying about cached data. it is also nice to be able to have everything so integrated.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the web-versions feel laggy compared to desktop apps. If the web is down, somethings just don't work. It does not integrate with Skype to save conversations without impacting performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you start with the basic version, then upgrade as needed - there is no need for every employee to have access to all the apps if they are not using them. A good audit of existing uses should also be undertaken so you are not scrambling to provide apps after the load. Finally, migration from a legacy email to O365 should be carefully planned and executed - we had some issues with the migration process due to poor planning.

Archiving and recordkeeping are simple and easy.

Office 365 review by Shirley-Ann A.
Shirley-Ann A.

"An online platform for your typical doc processing needs"

What do you like best?

The ability to access, develop, amend and share many type of documents online. No need to log onto a personal computer. Everything is accessible even by phone.

What do you dislike?

Some functionality is absent when compared to the on-computer tools. It also takes a bit of getting used to, since the menu operates a bit differently and not everything is in the same place. But these are all expected shortcomings of an online program - we can't expect it to be the same as the desktop version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product with great functionality, and of course a name that is trusted and familiar to many. I would recommend having both the desktop version and Office 365, as there is some functionality, particularly with excel - that is not available (or easily found) on the with the online version.

It is incredibly easy to create and access documents on the go. There is no need to email documents or save them onto an external drive. Once they are saved on the cloud (OneDrive), there is no need to download/upload etc - unless it is necessary to do so. Document sharing is also easily achieved, and you can have many collaborators work on a single document at the same time. It is a great way to give a team access to all the current documents, and have it accessible at all times.

Office 365 review by Maria S.
Maria S.

"Great comprehensive system"

What do you like best?

You have access to nearly all office programs no matter where you are. You can manage nearly all of your files and programs on any device (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone). As long as can connect to the internet, you can access everything via the Cloud.

What do you dislike?

There are a few programs that you cannot access online (Access and Publisher). It would be nice if they were all available online. There is a bit of a learning curve to see how all the programs work together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the free trial before purchasing. Make sure that the setup works for you and your business. It can be a great solution, but you'll want to be sure that you understand how all the programs work together so you can get the most out of Office 365 as a whole.

It has many more features than other platforms. With database capabilities, online cloud access, and more customization options, it meets many more of our needs.

Office 365 review by Brandon P.
Brandon P.

"Future of Office = Cloud"

What do you like best?

A subscription-based solution that is always ensuring we have the latest version and features to the Office product line, along with providing Office Online, which gives my team access to Office applications via their web-browser.

What do you dislike?

Some products being released for Office 365 are disjointed - rather than easily flowing from one product to the next seamlessly, sometimes it feels jarring to move from one Office 365 product to another - when they should be the same. An example of this would be the implementation of Microsoft Teams vs Microsoft Skype.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you read as much about the product and as much online blogs/discussions in migrating from an existing on-premise solution. Office 365 is incredibly simple and easy if starting from scratch - but migration is where the majority of issues are.

As Office 365 includes Exchange, we are utilizing our Office 365 subscription to have our Exchange email in the cloud, hosted by Microsoft. This allows us to achieve better disaster recovery while keeping costs low, and giving our employees access to all that Office 365 offers us - 1TB storage via OneDrive, 100GB Exchange mailboxes, and chat collaboration through Skype to name a few.

Office 365 review by Nathan M.
Nathan M.

"Quickly becoming the only productivity software you need"

What do you like best?

The pricing is very good when compared with your other options, including on-premise Office, Exchange, and SharePoint. Exchange Online has been very well done and works like a charm. The Admin has everything you need to get things done. The browser-based versions of the Office products work well.

What do you dislike?

When using Exchange Online in a hybrid environment, the administration can be clunky. Certain things must be done via the On-Premise server, other things can only be done via the Office365 admin portal. There are features I would like added to OneDrive as well. I believe the integration with Outlook could be better, and I would love to see a password protect feature. At the very least it would be nice to be able to set sharing permissions from Outlook.

Our clients that have moved to full Office365 no longer have to worry about server costs and downtime, and no longer need to worry about keeping up with the latest versions of Office. Obviously, the Office suite is vital for most businesses.

Office 365 review by Peter W.
Peter W.

"So much software all in one package!"

What do you like best?

The shear number of software products available within Office 365, like Outlook, Word and OneDrive.

Works very well and fast with Windows 10, my organisations Operating system of choice.

Also works seamlessly with our University Single sign-on system, so it can pull in various staff and student data and control access to certain programmes.

The ability to install Office 365 on multiple PC's.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup can be confusing and time-consuming, especially on a mobile device.

The more advanced features and settings are well-hidden within the UI and can be a pain to find.

Can't install the programmes individually, so if you want just Outlook, you have to install every other programme too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Purchasing maintenance support from Microsoft is extremely useful, if only for the initial installation to make sure you set everything up correctly.

Every member of staff uses the same email client, cloud hosting and various other programmes. This makes sharing files much simpler and faster.

Due to our license, we can install Office 365 on up to 6 different PC's, meaning when a member of staff has to work at home, they have access to all of the same programmes they have at work so can complete all of the same work.

All of the programmes present in Office 365 are extremely useful for all of our staff, so having them all in one bundle is amazing value.

Office 365 review by Max M.
Max M.

"Almost Perfect"

What do you like best?

We're a heavily Microsoft-centric office, so this one's tough. The basic work suite, especially Word and Excel is a necessity, and the current offering of the 2016 apps do their job just fine, so I'll ignore those as part of what I like best.

I think that the choice to use either the fully installed app (suite) or the online versions of the apps is a really big plus, and possibly one of the biggest selling points of the subscription. We've had some major policy violations at the office with employees sharing sensitive customer data via unprotected Google Docs, to the point where we had to essentially completely block google docs, so Microsoft's options in locking down sharing methods is just plain awesome. Although the battle between Google Docs and Office Online rages on, I personally think the Office suite is a more professional solution (once you have the online sharing figured out, more about that in my dislikes).

Being on the E3 plan also gives us access to many other apps, many of which we don't even need. Teams, which I've also reviewed, is used throughout the company now. There's an app/interface called Delve, and to be honest I don't know what it does. Our collaboration centric employees however have all taken to using it, and I wish I could explain a bit more about what it does. However, when employees take initiative to start using new software on their own, that's usually a good sign, so I thought I'd mention it.

Support has been a bit slow occasionally, but they've come through on every issue so far, so I'd have to give them a thumbs up.

What do you dislike?

The implementation was a bit rough. We're a pretty tech savvy bunch in our IT team, and it seemed that we weren't really able to launch ourselves without working with a 3rd party account manager. We had a few conference calls, which we only had to get that checked off the list, they gave us what we needed and we were off.

After a few expected hiccups we ran into some features not working (say collaboration in Excel Online), because we were on a version and build that did not support it (and we were on the regular release schedule) even though this feature was heavily advertised. After plenty of research we finally figured out that Excel Online Collaboration only works as of a specific version, which is only pushed via the fast ring/monthly updates. The documentation on this was severely lacking, and we had some execs breathing down on our necks because they followed technet guides on their own and it was simply not mentioned anywhere.

The above, plus Teams feeling like a Beta with frequent issues, are the only notable issues. Having experienced similar rollouts I feel it's within the realm of a pretty standard rollout, maybe slightly on the rough side.

I can't get through this without mentioning that I hate Sharepoint. Yes, Sharepoint still exists, and it's part of Office 365. I've successfully managed to avoid any interaction with it so far, and this is aided by the fact that MS appears to have made it simple enough for users to manage their own Sharepoint sites now, and to me, that is a victory. I guess maybe that's a positive. Either way, keep Sharepoint away from me please, thanks.

OneDrive is just ok. I'm a big Dropbox fan, and OneDrive does seem like a pretty big step down from that. Maybe that's just me, but Dropbox just has the process and ease of use down. However, in OneDrive's favor, it integrates beautifully with the rest of the suite and does it a better choice, regardless of my preference. Again, another plus/minus I suppose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stick with the setup even if you hit some roadbumps, it's worth it.

Make sure you can make use of a lot of the offerings of the suite outside of the basic Office Apps, as that's where the real advantage lies. Let your users explore a bit, you might get better feedback from the switch than you expected.

Moving away from Google Docs was a major accomplishment, since controlling who shares what is a nightmare when everyone has a Google account of one form or another and shares things via their own account like their life depended on it.

Everything being hosted online also opens the door to on the fly management via their admin app, which I didn't particularly have knowledge off before we jumped right in, but it's plain awesome. I personally detest having to RDP from my phone into my office machine (personal preference I guess), but that was commonplace if it was outside work hours and I had to make a change in, say, Exchange. With the admin app, this eliminated the need for that almost entirely and changes are fast and easy.

Office 365 review by Colin D.
Colin D.

"It just makes total sense, cloud storage and the MS Office that you already use"

What do you like best?

Whilst 365 is subscription based, rather than traditional purchase of MS office, I'm not sure that this is a draw back. For an extra few pound per month, you can ensure you and your staff are using the most up to date version of 'Office'. Product updates therefore can be managed, rather than having massive disruption jumping from one version to another on the 'one time purchase' model.

What do you dislike?

Hhhhmmmm, not very much to be honest. Some features have been lost in the desktop versions, but some have been gained. I suppose I would like to see the 'web' versions having more features. IE, Outlook Web (OWA) vs Outlook Desktop, however that should be expected I presume to encourage full desktop Office purchase.

Allows me to budget for each user, across my entire site. Rather than having a 3 year cycle of site wide investment, I can budget for each user, for each year and know my exact expenditure to have the latest version of Office at every moment. And of course I can be assured that security patches and feature improvements are always deployed.

Office 365 review by Zanger P.
Zanger P.

"Fast and Reliable!"

What do you like best?

I enjoy having the online access because it keeps the various components of Office updated on a daily basis. In addition, it is a reliable set of resources that work well.

What do you dislike?

The cost is on the higher side, but I prefer using my own Office 365 account instead of the one my employer makes available for free so that I am able to maintain control of my own documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Business model of Office 365 is a great tool to get employees located in different areas or regions to be able to communicate without the cost of airfaire! It allows passive cyber-conferencing, presentation preparation without having to print out reams of paper copies of documents.

I am able to keep a greater amount of data in cloud-files through One Drive because I am able to use both my own account and my employee account. It allows me to share my document with others for editing purposes and suggestion purposes before I publish the document to my clients.

Office 365 review by Synetria S.
Synetria S.

"Forms need more feat"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that there is a cloud that allows the sharing of files within our learning community. As an educator, this eliminates some of the face to face meetings. We can create documents and share them and work on the at the same time without sending emails to each other.

What do you dislike?

I would love for the forms to have the option to add a collaborator like Google forms. The reason for needing collaborators is so that the responses can go to more than one person, they are allowed to edit, and send the form to others without permissions being attached.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please add the collaborator feature for the forms.

We are able to collaborate more. We realized that everyone does not have the same schedule to address the needs of the school. Pressing them to take time that is not available only destroys the morale. Providing opportunities to work when you are available makes everyone content.

Office 365 review by Jake S.
Jake S.

"Works great as a stand alone setup. A little more troublesome when syncing with local AD"

What do you like best?

I like that it eliminates the need for expensive onsite storage, servers, and admin staff. With office 365, our users have more mailbox storage than ever, seamless backup, and greater collaboration capability.

What do you dislike?

Syncing with our local active directory has been a nightmare. Stuff created in either environment take a long time to appear on the other (if at all). I've had to learn more PowerShell than I would have ever thought I needed just in order to make changes in the correct places and get them to sync.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you hash all of the details with your service provider prior to making the switch. The migration takes a long time and there is no going back.

Form the IT standpoint, Office 365 has solved our storage woes. We no longer have to fight for licenses and storage purchases, while at the same time, offering our employees more benefits and easier access.

Office 365 review by Faith C.
Faith C.

"Simply Amazing"

What do you like best?

Documents and spreadsheets sent in the latest Microsoft formats can show graphs and fonts incorrectly or not at all in Google Apps. Office 365 guarantees that all Microsoft Office documents will be displayed in the correct format with no missing information.

Many businesses run on a stack of Excel spreadsheets. Google’s spreadsheet application is not as full featured as Excel and can’t run Excel macros. Businesses that don’t want to spend the effort changing the way they run don’t have to with Office 365.

Everyone knows how to use Microsoft Office. Office 365 adds the benefits of cloud without staff needing to learn new ways of doing things. This means less time and money spent on retraining.

What do you dislike?

Office 365 comes with seven plans with varying restrictions. Business owners will have to decide on what features each employee requires and buy a plan to match. Extra licences are required for accessing SharePoint sites. This creates a licence management headache as employees get promoted, change roles, are hired or fired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Office 365 has been designed as an extension of the Microsoft Office desktop software. The level of cooperation or integration between Office 365 and Microsoft Office is excellent and vastly improves the ability of workers to share documents and information without overhauling work processes.

Microsoft Office is still miles ahead of any other office suite, whether it’s making sales documents with impressive layouts and graphics in Word, running multiple-sheet spreadsheets in Excel or creating presentations with all the bells and whistles in PowerPoint. Apple’s iLife suite is closest but Google Apps comes a very distant third.

Office 365 review by Tadeo G.
Tadeo G.

"Office 365 in my daily work"

What do you like best?

The new interface design is a very easy to use, clean and really interesting.

Office 365 is really conected with Office 2016, and the implementation to save the files directly to OneDrive make the things easy and better to work with collaboration with the team at the job office.

Work from anywhere in a fluid way with your favorite Office applications and follow where you left off with any device.

Use Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote on any device or in any browser.

1 TB of storage in the cloud for your Office documents and everything else.

The best thing about Office 365 is that it facilitates the possibility of using online tools, but also takes full advantage of the tools installed on the desktop,

What do you dislike?

The use in a MAC laptop is poor and is not as optimized as in Windows

The need to have a strong and stable internet connection with broadband speed

If we want to access Office 365 from any device with any operating system we can do it as long as we have a compatible browser.

The experience is not as good as it should be. For example, if we try to access from Linux with Chrome as a browser. Since Firefox 5.0 has not worked as well as it should. The truth is that without SilverLight, or its equivalent for Linux, the experience loses in speed and usability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the advanced Office applications you love in cellular devices. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and more are optimized for smaller screens

Making a better Presentations using Power Point.

The improvements made on Excel formulas

Office 365 or Google Apps? I certainly have no doubts. I prefer Office 365. Only for SharePoint Online and the possibilities it has in regards to sharing documents, calendars, etc. And also create our website is worth it. Not to mention the workflows which is one of its strengths. Here Google or works hard or has the battle lost.

Office 365 review by Sarah S.
Sarah S.

"Works Most of the Time"

What do you like best?

There are a number of functions that this program offers that are useful, but the most useful items in my estimation are that the word count is displayed at the bottom of the page, the corrections are visible right away and the program is supported by most companies. If I'm sending a resume, or something sending it in a word document is useful to most people. Being a fiction writer, having the ability to change the colors and things on the page is very useful. Unlike Open Office, you can change that after you set it and can even delete page colors. This is not true of all software. Excel can be very useful for keeping track of things, especially things that include math, or other numbers. Formulas for Excel are very useful.

What do you dislike?

You cannot open Excel by clicking on a document. It will either not open excel, or it will open Excel, but not the document you clicked on.

Word crashes quite a bit. The more windows you have open, the worse it is. I don't like that I can lose my work because I'm working on several things. Often times, my computer freezes because "word is not responding."

Shareability is the most important factor for me. Track changes is useful.

Office 365 review by Alisha R.
Alisha R.

"Office 365 a better way to communicate"

What do you like best?

I love that there is a section for clutter. It definitely minimizes the distractions of erroneous emails when trying to focus on specific tasks at work.

What do you dislike?

Share point is a bit frustrating. It would be helpful if there was an easier way to organize things within share point. Also, sometimes you go there and what you're looking for has gone missing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely try office 365. I find it helpful to be able to access everything I need from one central location.

I really like that this allows us to communicate with members our of team in various ways. The ability to create specific groups so you can communicate and collaborate with the members within a group is very helpful. I have noticed that sharing our ideas this way makes an impact and allows us to receive only messages that pertain to us and not the entire school.

Office 365 review by Paige B.
Paige B.

"Officer 365 connects your world across various means"

What do you like best?

I was new to office 365 until i came to college, from here I had to learn a new system of email since I was so used to gmail. Office 365 allows me to have my own dropbox and storage area for things that are too big to be sent. It also allows me to have access to calendars so that i can see all of my upcoming events whether it be for school or work.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the capacity for certain files. This should be increased. I often find myself not being able to send a powerpoint because the file is too big, causing me to find different means to send it. I also don't like how it can be glitchy sometimes and show me a notification for the same email twice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the layout customizable with themes.

I am using office 365 for school and work purposes. this is how hear from professors, communicate with athletes, and communicate with the club i am involved in. It is important to have this tool.

Office 365 review by Anthony S.
Anthony S.

"Office 365 is a seamless Platform for all of your business needs."

What do you like best?

The instant saving of documents that are modified in the browser is invaluable. I don't ever have to worry about losing something if my internet goes out or the power fails. Every stroke of the keyboard is saved instantly. The same goes for items modified in Office applications that are hosted on sharepoint.

The integration with Office is quick and seamless. To edit a document in the relevant application, there's a button on the top of the page to do so.

What do you dislike?

Changing a user's password is easy, but i wish it had a confirmation box for new passwords instead of a single box. Then you would know whether if the password you typed is correct or if you mistyped some aspect of it. As it is now, there's no safeguard for that.

The spam detection is kind of weak. Luckily our users are educated enough to not open emails that they don't recognize, but it seems like every week we get five to ten different emails that we blacklist.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the product! you won't regret it!

User management is simple, which makes it easy to use and easy to teach to new users.

Office 365 review by V C.
V C.

"fast and easy email platform"

What do you like best?

The best what i like at office 365 is that the sync is so fast that sometimes i cant believe how good is it.

I love how easy is to install. I love microsoft tools because since kid i was working with it, tweaking and playing arround. Now when is business is the same, but to a higher level.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the exchange interface in the Admin panel can be tricky and in this case we need to ask for help. But nothing major, sometimes needs a restart after some updates, updates can occur during the office hour so can be a pain in the a$$ when u are busy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please, is very easy to have everything in one place. If you are a small business or medium, please swtich to all in one as this will answer all your problems.

Our business emails. Without it we will be lost. We had one day a problem, there was a switch between the resellers of the product and we lost one day the license and we were lost also. Very bad in our days if you dont have such a nice email platform as Office 365

Office 365 review by Simon C.
Simon C.

"Our #1 business software!"

What do you like best?

Totally amazing software for the business. It's reliable, easy to deploy, easy to manage and totally worry free for the IT administrator. The management console is simply amazing and everything is accessible from a single web-base interface. I also really like the continuous update availability for all Office Suite products, both Windows and Mac version. Even if we use it in a smaller proportion, the mobile iPad/iPhone version of Office is great too. Finally, we are also very impressed on how Office Web App improve month after month, my guess is one day the desktop app will end of life to be replaced by online web App.

What do you dislike?

I don't have much to complain about Office 365. Over the past 3 years, we only have a few short tiny service outages and it hasn't much impact on business operations. However, one small thing we dislike is we are a French Canadian company and French sale/technical support is provided by France in a different time zone... which is not realistic nor viable, so we deal with US English service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely the best Office solution you can get.

We replaced a few outdated Office retail boxes by a centralized and up-to-date Office solution. We also ensure that we always have the latest version and ensure proper compatibility with files received from external sources. With flexible payment method (monthly or yearly), it also make expense management more easy and convenient.

Office 365 review by Anthony P.
Anthony P.

"Office done right"

What do you like best?

Office 365 allows us to easily deploy solutions to desktops, laptops and mobile devices. The ability to keep versions current and to allow all staff members to effectively collaborate with a full suite of products is key for any MSP or enduser. The ease of management is great in terms of creating users, changing passwords and allowing or adding varying component functionality.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to be able to use another email address for sign in when customers are using another hosted email plaftorm but still want office 365 for all other collaboration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use interface and full suite of collaborate products.

The biggest benefit I see is the out of the box ability to maintain current versions. Our clients have been able to take advantage of the built in SharePoint capabilities for file sharing.

Office 365 review by Nicole P.
Nicole P.

"What Other Program Is There?"

What do you like best?

I like that Office365 is so streamlined so most people in my circles seem to use it. It doesn't have too many problems and has some pretty great features when you learn to use them.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel like it takes me a while to learn how to do something in some of the programs within Office 365. For example, I think Outlook could be a little more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You really can't go wrong with this product. It's been around for as long as I can remember and pretty much everyone uses it. If you're using something else, I'm pretty positive you won't regret making the switch.

I like being able to send calendar invited to my co-workers and clients through Outlook. It's a great system to be able to keep track of everything we all have going on. Powerpoint is a great way to make clear and concise presentations that are easy to read. Word is a classic program that never disappoints for writing documents.

Office 365 review by Aretha C.
Aretha C.

"Best thing for businesses "

What do you like best?

I like how the Office 2016 apps are connected so when I'm typing a document or spreadsheet I can save and send through Outlook. I can use it anywhere with the web apps, its super convenient when checking work emails. I can use it on my desktop, phone, laptop and everythig is already there.

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes for Office 365 that I can state at this time. Have not fully use every aspect of it. I do however wish that i can incorporate publisher with word or have more temlates on word. I feel like when I'm searching for what i want i get things I don't need or didnt ask for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best productivity software available, including full installations or Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc. Looking up the cost, though I really only use it through work, it seems very cost effective for businesses. I reccommend this to any business or person individually. It has everything you need plus so much more.

Not really solving anything for what I do particularly, but the benefits of being able to access all my things for work from my other devices is very useful because my previous job i could only access things while at work. Its very beneficial and saves me time.

Office 365 review by Santhanakrishnan s.
Santhanakrishnan s.

"Office 365 - all in one tool for my business"

What do you like best?

It's very cool tool to handle email communication and one drive makes the files to be accessible from anywhere. It is very easy to take the data's from cloud and generating reports.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the web UI takes time to load the mails when searching for an older email. Also, the settings options needs to be improved a lot. A beginner cannot know which setting is placed under which option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tool from Microsoft which is a brand and does the work easy and consistent email tool to have it at work place.

We are using Office 365 as our primary tool to receive emails, one drive to save and share files, office tools to perform calculations on excel.

Also this tool is very useful when I am travelling, the mails can be easily retrieved from anywhere without data loss.

Office 365 review by Adam N.
Adam N.

"powerful and convenient"

What do you like best?

in public sector this has really helped us minimize storage on our data center and minimized downtime for cloud based storage at the same time.

What do you dislike?

takes nearly 3 hours for oir active directory attibutes and membership modifications to take effect since cutover.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at what your needs are for your imparticular position and/or company to determine if you need 365 or not. Enterprise based agencies like mine its pretty beneficial as it allowed all of our executive level branch agencies to be in the same global address list and communicate with each other, on the downside, it now takes approximately 3 hours to have a change take effect in Active Directory within attributes and membership roles.

ease of users ability to check email out of office off encrypted connections lowering some of our security token needs.

Office 365 review by John Micheal D.
John Micheal D.

"Moving To Office 365 For More Productivity, Efficiency And Greater Security "

What do you like best?

Office 365 maximizes the potential use of the cloud, making your office 365 account available to sign in flawlessly on all your products and be available to access on every device. Not only can you access it through different devices with their application, but also through the web. The user interface is also great because it uses a flat and modern aesthetic to all their products which gives it a clean and more readable items.

What do you dislike?

What I only dislike about this product is that your OneDrive cloud storage (free) have been limited to 5GB which is 15GB previously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Office 365 has everything to offer when it comes to office productivity. One application to note is the Skype for Business which syncs to your Outlook account easily and helps you to communicate efficiently.

The main business problem that we are currently solving is security issues that are concerned with hacking fake emails. The benefits that we realized is the improved security especially that you only use one account. Another one is the ease of use because you can easily sync your documents online and access them with any device.

Office 365 review by Grace M.
Grace M.

"Office365 works great for me"

What do you like best?

I have been pleasantly surprised at how much I like using Office 365. It allows me to do everything I've always done with Office, but with much easier collaboration and cloud-sharing. I am really enjoying using it.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve when getting used to Office 365 after having used regular Office for so many years, but I found it fairly easy to learn. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I absolutely recommend giving 365 a try, especially if you work in a non-colocated team.

We're using Office 365 to do everything we used to do with Office Suite--word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, etc. A lot of it is collaborative.

Office 365 review by Nathalie B.
Nathalie B.

"great tool"

What do you like best?

The fact that everything is interconnected and you only need 1 login. OneDrive is great for sharing with colleagues and for backups. I often use the online Word and Powerpoint shared documents to work on projects with my colleagues. My students use it all the time, they only need 1 login so that simplifies classroom management. They often use shared documents to collaborate.

What do you dislike?

nothing so far, it works very well for me

Recommendations to others considering the product

The tool has helped our school a lot, all teachers, admin and students use it. The logins are the same for all the different parts of Office 365 so for students it is very practical.

sharing documents online to collaborate, mailing, backup and sharing documents

Office 365 review by frauzelimar p.
frauzelimar p.

"The renovation of office365 to conquer the world"

What do you like best?

This application made the innovation of merging applications such as Skype with the well-known office tools such as: word, excel, power point; juno with your mail seems to me a very complete application, something simply useful for anyone who lives or works with the internet, this is the best application to work.

What do you dislike?

This is a very good tool, particularly I can not say anything negative, since for more you look for it gives you improvements, to be able to review your mail and to veez to be connected with Skype with the same application is amazing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you continue improving to be the vanguard of office tools

With this innovation, I started testing Skype connection, in addition to that, with the new platform you have a very wide storage capacity where you can even save videos, files, photos. In addition to that the microsoft platform gives you the ability to browse to find any information, be it movies, offers, etc. Excellent application

Office 365 review by ravindhiran K.
ravindhiran K.

"Best software tool to experience"

What do you like best?

This software is good to use and the space in one drive gives us all the data's to backed up in it. Over all it is more convenient to download and install than going to a store to find the software. Also, was a little cheaper as well! Great experience overall, super easy.

What do you dislike?

As i am using iOS device it is not Compactable with that and needs to be improved on those devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Each and every business consultants needs to experience this tool to get better in future. This tool will be helpful to back up your official data's on its cloud space.

It is very useful to sync the emails with our Gmail accounts on our device and it helps us to check emails when we are in home and replies can be done instatntly.

Office 365 review by Stacey M.
Stacey M.

"Office 365 Collaboration Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Office 365 makes it easy to access your mail and documents from anywhere at anytime. You can work collaboratively with multiple team members on the same document at the same time. Sharing is very simple, so your entire team can have access to documents you create.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it lags a bit, depending on your network bandwidth and speed. You can work off line, but to maximize its usefulness, Office 365 is meant to be used with an internet connection.

We work a lot in teams, and Office 365 makes it simple to work together without needing to be physically together. Home sick, travelling, or unable to get into the office, you can work from anywhere with anyone.

Office 365 review by Administrator

"I'm Conflicted, but overall good experience"

What do you like best?

In my opinion, Microsoft is like the iPhone... they just are the best when it comes to business productivity tools. Word, Publisher, powerpoint, excel, etc are what the industry compares everything else to because they are the best. My membership to office365 gives me access to everything both online, in the cloud, and right on my desktop. You can't beat that.

What do you dislike?

I have syncing issues on a regular basis. I share files with three other coworkers & we consistently run into issues with syncing. I spoke with our IT guys & they reminded me that that comes with any product used. So, while it is a frustrating flaw, it comes with the territory of being online. AND most of the time, we have no problems. Microsoft IS good about making sure I don't have data loss when we do have syncing issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to use this holistically. My computer died, but I save EVERYTHING in one drive & I didn't lose a single thing when I had to have the computer repaired.

we are a multi location company & microsoft allows us to (fairly) seamlessly share files and projects even from a state away. I can save a document in the regular file system on my computer & I have it set up so that it automatically updates on my coworker's desktop. It's great.

Office 365 review by Ramón G.
Ramón G.

"The best office software if you are student"

What do you like best?

Office 365 has a lot of functions that allow you to work with word, excel, powerpoint and all the software.

You pay €7 montly and you have all the software for you plus onedrive and skype calls. It's a fantastic all in one suscription if you are a single student.

Yoy can get the family suscription too but is not that cheaper.

What do you dislike?

If you have no money, there is a problem for you. You will need to play monthly or yearly plans. If you don´t use office software at all, there are other opportunities as a free software like LibreOffice.

If you can affort it, is a nice option. But only if you are using office software every day.

If you have no money, no worries. You can use the online client but you won´t have skype calls and one drive plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using office software and you need a better experience, this is your software. The tech support is nice and they will help you with all your problems.

If you can´t affort it, you can use the online client so you will have access to office (not the full version) and you will create your documents.

With Office 365, I can call 60 minutes per month using skype so, I don´t need to waste money on calls to numbers I don´t want to.

I had not enougth space on my computer, but One drive suscription helped me to get more space for my security copies.

It helped us to develope software for excel. Using the macro editor, we could do a lot of software for office and helped the company with it.

Office 365 review by Nathan F.
Nathan F.

"Best office software with no match"

What do you like best?

I use Word and Excel the most. Word is obviously just a great word processor that has features like Outline mode, which lets you very easily move paragraphs around based on their headings (I use this a LOT when drafting papers and reports). Excel is fantastic for budgeting and I make extensive use of the functions available like addition and multiplication. I've made a few PowerPoints for showcasing software features as well, and PowerPoint templates and "Design Ideas" are huge time savers.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that some of the software suite is unavailable on macOS even though you pay the same yearly fee as you do for Windows. For example, Microsoft Publisher and Microsoft Access are not available for use on macOS. There is also no native dark mode on macOS like there is on Windows, and the actual programs are less fully featured on the Mac when compared to their Windows equivalents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check what software you'll use day to day. There's different Office 365 tiers that offer different services for different price levels.

Excel spreadsheets and formulas make computing mathematical functions a breeze, so I save many man-hours just with the use of Excel functions. Word saves me design time since it's so easy to make reports look good using templates and keyboard shortcuts (Ex: Control+B for bold). Basically, the Office suite just saves me a ridiculous amount of man-hours.

Office 365 review by Gracia P.
Gracia P.

"Potenza dell'ufficio nel cloud"

What do you like best?

Non dobbiamo preoccuparci continuamente di aggiornare questo programma o che il programma, che sono appena stati aggiornati, nuovi programmi vengono aggiunti al pacchetto e abbiamo accesso immediato, senza chiederci se abbiamo bisogno di acquisire qualcosa di nuovo, possiamo giocare con qualcosa e vedere se si adatta alle nostre esigenze e se lo fa, usarlo in questo momento, abbiamo la suite di Office a portata di mano per tutto il tempo, tutti i nostri dipendenti hanno gli stessi programmi tutto il tempo, non c'è nessuno dei "Marion ha Word2007, ma Janice ha la cosa di Word 2016'. il che significa che condividere i documenti è molto più facile e i formati non vengono modificati.

What do you dislike?

A volte l'accesso ai documenti tramite il Cloud può essere lento. Outlook kinda sembra obsoleto rispetto ad altri client di posta elettronica in-the-cloud. E anche i team Microsoft devono recuperare il ritardo con i concorrenti come Hipchat e Slack. I team Microsoft e skype cercano di risolvere problemi simili, non so perché abbiamo bisogno di due strumenti diversi per questo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Riceviamo prezzi senza scopo di lucro che rendono Office 365 un ottimo rapporto qualità-prezzo per la nostra organizzazione. Se sei un non-profit passare attraverso zuppa di tecnologia per ottenere il prezzo speciale.

Sto creando documenti e fogli di calcolo per lo più, e utilizzando questi programmi per catturare i miei dati e il lavoro. Questo aiuta a facilitare la condivisione con i colleghi, in quanto la maggior parte di essi può aprire i file di Office.

Office 365 review by Angelino P.
Angelino P.

"La mejor suite de herramientas de colaboración"

What do you like best?

Office 365, en función de la suscripción adquirida, ofrece una excelente plataforma para las personas que necesitan comunicar su progreso de elementos, tareas, asignaciones, proyectos y programas que son realizados por grandes grupos de personas. Las aplicaciones de Office 365 ofrecen a los clientes la autonomía para elegir las que necesitan y aquellas que no son necesarias.

What do you dislike?

He usado Office 365 durante 2 años y no he encontrado nada que no me guste. Sé que quieres oír algo malo, pero no tengo nada negativo que decir sobre el uso del producto. A veces, el lado administrativo de las cosas puede ser frustrante. Un miembro del personal ha tenido problemas con la descarga en un equipo. Sin embargo, pudimos resolver el problema.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Todos sus datos están disponibles y accesibles desde cualquier parte del mundo por lo que no es necesario descargar nada, pues todo lo puedes realizar de manera online. No obstante, para tener la experiencia más completa, puedes bajarte la suite de aplicaciones completa, pues te asegura una calidad excepcional.

Todo nuestro personal utiliza el mismo software ahora, lo que permite un fácil flujo de trabajo y una colaboración más eficaz. Hemos visto ahorros financieros. Experimentamos menos problemas con el personal de oficina que tiene diferentes versiones y los documentos son difíciles de usar. Ahora todos usamos la misma versión y no tenemos problemas de compatibilidad.

Office 365 review by khym j.
khym j.

"Coffee"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

I can't say I dislike anything at this point. Only the adjustment from shifting to the old style format to the new, but you get used it like all the other program changes over time.

Money saver Hm dome situations. Price point with tracking sales. And as mentioned before...I can keep track of my coffee sales and products in Excel. Using the pivot table I can easily track what products go in and out. It's a good way to find waste or overuse. With employees it helps to track theft.

Office 365 review by Corey P.
Corey P.

"Great for hands-off management"

What do you like best?

We are a Microsoft partner so we love the ability to easily manage our clients Office 365 environments through the fast-client switching built into Office 365. When they need something done in their tenant, it is just a few clicks to start managing their environment. The uptime is very good and the support is great.

What do you dislike?

For those used to doing things in a local Exchange environment, they will need to learn the new way of doing things. There is usually at least a couple different ways of accomplishing things so there is a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great solution for businesses of all sizes.

Email, file storage, collaboration. The uptime is great and not having to manage any servers to support it is a great benefit.

"It's perfect"

What do you like best?

because I can connect from the online web and have all the applications and properties when I connect my account. The most used application outside the home is OneDrive, which has allowed me to have all my documentation shared with the entire company and be able to edit it outside of work.

What do you dislike?

Por ahora ninguno, ya que son muchas las ventajas que consigo al conectar mi cuenta de empresa al office 365 desde la página web e incluso en mis dispositivos. He tenido algunos problemas de sincronización pero el Servicio Técnico de mi empresa me lo ha solucionado así como las páginas web de soporte de Microsoft.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is essential in companies with more than 50 employees.

Thanks to Office 365 I have all my online documentation without any problem. It has also helped me to set up my office 365 account in my different devices and thus modify the files outside the work and be able to deliver them to my clients. The few problems I have had, I solved with Microsoft support through the web and from the IT of my company.

Office 365 review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Office 365 in Education Setting"

What do you like best?

It allows communication to be done through one suite of products that the entire district uses so there are no compatibility problems between users. Also that it houses email and calendars in one location instead of multiple programs.

What do you dislike?

Microsoft is slow to implement features or fixes in the Mac version. Can be buggy after upgrading OS on Macs. Also a steep learning curve for new users or users that are used to other programs such as the Apple Suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Getting better now that Microsoft is starting to streamline the Mac and Windows versions, but there are still some differences.

The ability to real time edit documents and pages across the district. It also allows ease of file sharing when not in the same location as other colleagues.

Office 365 review by Evan B.
Evan B.

"Lots of Features for the Office Worker"

What do you like best?

I like Microsoft Word 2016 -- I use it for almost everything. I also really like OneDrive -- I use to to not only back up my work to the cloud, but changes automatically download to other machines logged into the same OneDrive account. This means my work automatically downloads for me when I start up my home computer!

What do you dislike?

I dislike the multiple online cloud platforms that Office 365 has. OneDrive and OneNote are plenty -- it doesn't need a third cloud application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to keep your software updated to the 2016 version. 2010 and 2013 versions can be buggy and frustrating to use.

I use Office 365 to do almost all of my computer-based problems -- creating and sharing lessons, backing up important documents, etc.

Office 365 review by Angela P.
Angela P.

"Software for Those on the Road"

What do you like best?

The software gives you access to all your files normally on your desk computer, It is would be great for team collaborators on projects. If a document requires multiple hands on the piece - it is always the most recent version when you open it.

What do you dislike?

The actually application is not as user friendly for daily use. It is difficult to become useful to something different that is actually the same program. It's one thing if it is truly new but when it's more cumbersome to use - it's hard to adapt.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your office tracks job assignments, shares editing documents or need to access documents often when traveling - it would be a good purchase.

It allows for a person to access computer files when not in the office and do not have access to their own computer - it eliminates the need for remote access. Supposed to be secure.

Office 365 review by Darielys G.
Darielys G.

"My portable office. "

What do you like best?

I like to use office with my Hotmail account, because when I open office in this place I do not have to worry about saving my information, because it is saved automatically, I also have PowerPoint, Excel, Word, one drive and many more programs in one place and I can use it where and when I need it.

What do you dislike?

The only disadvantage I can mention is that people who do not have Hotmail email can not use this great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Office is a very complete application, easy to use and free ... 100% recommended.

Everything is saved automatically in Onedrive and I do not lose any important information.

Office 365 review by Administrator

"Office 365 has never been better"

What do you like best?

I like how with the correct licence you can install up to 5 copies of the latest office suite on any PC providing you know your username and password. The online office apps are great to with the ability to do most things you would normally do inside the desktop apps.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that they're are so many new apps coming out but no one really knows what they are. A beginners training guide to office 365 would be a great thing to implement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many changes to office 365 happening everyday but just bare with Microsoft, they seem to know what they're doing.

being able to access your work from anywhere in the world providing you have an internet connection. With the basic Office 365 licence by default you have a whole terabyte of one drive storage to store whatever you like. This can be increased inside the admin portal.

Office 365 review by Lourdes F.
Lourdes F.

"Gran avance en las versiones de office"

What do you like best?

se puede ejecutar en la nube, no es necesario que la tengas instalada en local para poder trabajar. se puede usar desde cualquier dispositivo independientemente que sea un móvil, tablet o pc.

What do you dislike?

hay veces que se ejecuta lento, y acaba quedándose colgada la aplicación, por lo que hay que matar procesos. en algunas ocasiones no encuentro las pestañas que necesito,

Recommendations to others considering the product

buena herramienta para trabajar, y con muchas opciones al poder ejecutarse desde la nube.

al ejecutarse en la nube es mucho mas fácil de administrar, y con una licencia se puede ejecutar en varios dispositivos. creo que de esta forma también se evita la opción de piratear las aplicaciones.

Office 365 review by Lindsay F.
Lindsay F.

"Once Stop Shop for Businesses"

What do you like best?

I love all the microsoft office products but as of lately my favorite (aside from word and excel) would be Microsoft Teams. This allows us to great groups and chat with our team members and has the ability to use GIF images which is great in the digital work.

What do you dislike?

I've found a lot of hackers/phishing have been mimicking the Office 365 sign in screen so you need to be very careful if something seems suspicious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a one stop shop that will help your business or company function and allow your employees to communicate and complete tasks and work - Office 365 is what you need in your life.

The ability to collaborate, use Microsoft products that help in daily business life: word, excel, PowerPoint, Skype, one note.

Office 365 review by sugey m.
sugey m.

"Window in the cloud. "

What do you like best?

My computer has a Linux operating system, and it is forbidden to change it to window, so my solution to use the entire Microsoft computer package was to use office 365 through my Hotmail account. Which offers me, all window programs, without downloading or changing my operating system.That's why I really like to use office 365.

What do you dislike?

I think it has many more advantages than disadvantages, but the disadvantages are that it is not totally free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good application, I recommend its use.

The benefits of office 365 is that it allows me to use window in the cloud even if my operating system is linux.

Office 365 review by Aneta R.
Aneta R.

"Office 365 review"

What do you like best?

Office 365 combines many of my favorite sites all under one login. The ability to access, correct and re-upload papers from the cloud is very convenient.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have found annoying is when items disappear during upgrades to the service. After the last upgrade, we can only find one of our sites if we revert back to the old service each time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't stress how convenient it is to have all of the Microsoft office suite online in one place and the ability to use it anywhere.

I love the ability to be out in the field, find a paper on the cloud and look at it or write an addendum to it and reload it back to the system for the next employee to find.

Office 365 review by Administrator in Broadcast Media
Administrator in Broadcast Media

"Office 365: Cohesive One-stop shop"

What do you like best?

I love how seamless Office 365 is with all of Microsoft’s products. It makes it a one-stop shop for composing documents to them send out to our team through Outlook in a way that keeps us from having two systems to switch back and forth between. We used to use Google Drive and now are trying to implement everything within 365 as microsoft is going in the right direction regarding end to end control and cohesiveness within 365 and it’s many products and add ins.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Office 365 was a bit more accessible to people who do not have personally access to 365. Google Drive is great because you can still share and send documents to users who do not necessarily have a google account and setting up one is free with free access to their versions of powerpoint, word and excel. I would like to see the ability for outside users to at least be able to interact with our documents even if they do not have microsoft products in the event that that ever becomes an issue. It’s minor, but we have communication with other teams at different schools and they all have different software set ups so this compatability would be well received.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the switch! You have more end to end control of products and the support team has been so helpful. Just stick with it even if the overhaul is time consuming because the end product is worth it.

We want to keep everything housed within the same software framework to avoid the pitfalls of conversion and incompatibility. Microsoft makes great software for word editing/processing, presenting and spreadsheeting so we love that office 365 keeps all of our document sent organized and quickly able to share among our in house team. We are able to edit and communicate and collaborate when we even are not physically together which makes 365 an asset.

Office 365 review by Carissa B.
Carissa B.

"Office 365 user for life "

What do you like best?

I like that Office 365 gives me the ability to work on projects on the go (as an author and freelance editor, this has saved my life more than once), and also the security of having all my files backed up automatically (another lifesaving measure, considering how much work can be lost with a single computer crash).

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that the features in Word Online (in-browser) are still limited even though I have a subscription. For example, if I’m editing a document and want to work on it on a device without Word installed, I can’t because Track Changes and other advanced features are unavailable in the browser version.

The ability to work on my projects on the go and on multiple devices has been a major help, especially when I’m either physically unwell and unable to use anything but my tablet, or have to unexpectedly leave home (e. g. for a family health scare), don’t have time to grab my laptop on the way out the door, and find my deadline endangered by my outing being significantly longer than I expected. With my Office 365 subscription, as long as I have my phone, my tablet, or access to a computer with an internet connection, I can keep up with my work without removing myself from where I need to be.

Office 365 review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great tools to help manage all aspects of work while allowing for group work with coworkers!"

What do you like best?

I love love my calendars, task list, projects, and have really started to utilize the sharepoint and teams aspect of office 365. The latter two have really helped with group projects or to share data. It is so handy to have a spot where multiple people working on a document can make updates in real time instead of needing to email documents back and forth. SharePoint is great and I love how it can be synced to your computer for easy access to documents.

What do you dislike?

I don’t find the email web version as easy to navigate as when downloaded to your desktop - difficult to use a task list in the web version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a one stop shop for everything you will need to manage your work email and projects!

Easy file sharing without cluttering up your email with large attachments by using sharepoint and teams.

Office 365 review by Hari P.
Hari P.

"Office 365 - A mailing tool on the Go!"

What do you like best?

It has all your basic office needs, Easy to work on the go and simultaneously on office documents work documents. Also it is compatible with our device and Pc. The product from Microsoft will always be the best and does the best.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I really dislike, everything is good when compared to our previous mail box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the latest version for all the consultants to use.Try it once and you will not regret it! most of the features liked - accessing mails from the cloud from anywhere in the world and accessing your files from the onedrive are very useful and handy....

Email, great for communications, Word process, One Drive storage, Data management, Data analytics, Presentations, Report writing.

Office 365 review by Jeff S.
Jeff S.

"The future of software is here.... with a catch"

What do you like best?

MS Office 365 provides the 'latest and greatest' versions of common MS Office applications and gives you access to new features before they are available to the general public (if you want)

What do you dislike?

You never 'own' your license. Since each license lasts one year (maybe longer depending on certain circumstances), you have to pay again and again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you purchase Office 365 for the right reasons. You may be getting a fully functional version of MS Office, but it does come at a cost.

For most companies, MS Office is the 'gold standard' when it comes to corporate communications. This license gives you access to all the main MS Office applications at a more 'reasonable' price while ensuring that you have a chance to experiment with new features which may make me more productive than using the 'standard' version of MS Office.

Office 365 review by User in Higher Education

"Great tool for efficient work"

What do you like best?

I like all the components that are all in one place (e.g. mail, calendar, word, one drive, etc.). It makes it really simple because everything is in one place and under one login. It has really made me and our program more efficient. Being able to edit documents under OneDrive simultaneously is a superb benefit and it is easy to save and share documents right from your computer.

What do you dislike?

It was a little difficult to learn at first, but overall it has become intuitive. I am sad that there isn't an app so I can read it from my phone. I currently use Googel Chrome and login to read emails. It can be a bit slow from the phone.

We can collaborate on documents together through OneDrive, we can email in the same platform, and I love the calendar integration from reading emails. It's hard to forget meetings now. The OneDrive has really allowed us to simultaneously edit documents saving time and confusion.

Office 365 review by Shawn S.
Shawn S.

"Better than gsuite"

What do you like best?

If you know exchange this is the best product its cheap and its microsoft. IT works nativly with active sync. G suite can you do that?

What do you dislike?

The web interface is kind of messy especially the admin side but you get used to it. They also change where everything is way to often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

just do it. gsuite is the only alternative and if you are running some amateur mickey mouse operation gsuite is for you. If you are a professional go with 365

Its email in the cloud. I no longer have to worry about my local exchange crashing or running out of disk space.

Office 365 review by Durga Prasad N.
Durga Prasad N.

"Great mailing tool to use"

What do you like best?

The most liked thing in this is all our mails can be synced with our mobile phones, which is very useful to reply instantly for quick resolutions and all over the product from Microsoft stands at the top. Cloud based storage and can easily be accessible from all the browsers.

What do you dislike?

I have never heard about any complaints or bugs about this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

* Calendar

* Cloud storage

* One drive

* Sharing files

Overall this tool gives us good experience.

I am able to collaborate with my coworkers from off-shore and communications can be done quickly and the documents can be shared in real time and you can feel the best when you use it.

Office 365 review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Be lost without it"

What do you like best?

New apps like Flow and Power BI help me with personal automation and analytics needs. I love the fact I can install office on up to 5 of my devices. One Drive gives me access to my files anywhere on any device.

What do you dislike?

The desktop version of Outlook can be slow at time. I hate the new Auto-save feature. I will use an old file as a template for a new file and if I forget to toggle it off or immediately save with a new name t overwrites the original.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look beyond the value provided by giving you email and the productivity suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and look at the other tools in the offering like One Drive (cloud storage), Flow (Automation), SharePoint (internal Document Sites) and others. At ~$150 user per year it is a great value.

Besides basic email communications and One Drive for cloud file storage, I leverage a lot of the lesser known apps that are part of the package. Flow allows my VIP emails to stand out in the sea of newsletters and sales emails and Power BI for easy to connect dashboards to track sales and marketing performance.

Office 365 review by Justin B.
Justin B.

"Quite happy with Office 365 ProPlus and E3. Good for real work"

What do you like best?

If you don't need official looking stuff all time and sharing documents with customers all of the time, gSuite and Google docs might work out fine. For us though, we had to have Office, and after we have that, bundling stuff started to save us money over our current providers. We switched from paying for Google email ontop of office to upgrading from ProPlus to E3. We would also save more if we dropped RingCentral and upgraded to include Skype for desk phones if we weren't grandfathered into a great deal. OneDrive included has turned out to be very useful. We changed all users' documents, pictures, favorites, etc locations to being in OneDrive so everything is backed up. We also create an admin account that shares files that replaces the file server we had. WIth the sync on demand option, users don't need to have a full copy of the 20GB share on each computer.

What do you dislike?

OneDrive's sync on demand feature doesn't work on servers, just user desktops. Share login between Microsoft websites, concurrent editing of Docs and sharing documents are much more of a hassle than Google's methods.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's not worth it just for OneDrive, but if you need at least one other item too, it's a great deal, with great quality and extensive enterprise features.

Backing up user files by moving the location of documents, pictures, etc folders, which saved money

Replacing file server with OneDrive file shares, which saved money

Bundling email and office products to save money

Great office productivity and Outlook is enjoyed by many employees with several email accounts.

Office 365 review by User in Higher Education

"If Skype and Google Docs Were Mixed Together..."

What do you like best?

I enjoy that I can now sync a Word document across multiple computers. No longer do I have to rely on a flashdrive to transport a very important paper that I'm working on between my work and home computers.

It's also nice to have important programs (email, Word, a phone system) all rolled into one.

What do you dislike?

The Office 365 online interface is confusing. The title of this review describes this product as if Skype and Google Docs were mixed together, but the results is less than the sum of its parts. It gets the job done, but is not very user friendly--especially if you're not tech-savvy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend getting to know the online user interface by actively using it before you need to complete a major project. This way, when the time comes, you'll know what you're doing. Otherwise, you might get confused.

I use Office 365 for multiple purposes: from sending and receiving emails, to writing papers, to talking on the phone. It really is a one-stop-shop for many people's business needs.

Office 365 review by Erin S.
Erin S.

"Mac User, Microsoft Product"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. All three programs have come a long way in the past years. They work seamlessly with my Mac and allow me to share projects with the rest of my office who are PC users.

What do you dislike?

For some reason, I have a lot of issues using Outlook directly on my system. Therefore, I have to log in via Google Chrome. When I update any calendar invite it sends everyone invited to the event an email, which is extremely annoying. I also do not like that a great deal of the apps cost extra.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I could not live without Excel, Powerpoint, and Word. I use these products daily to complete multiple duties. Seeing every employees calender, via Outlook, also allows me to plan events and ensure attendance at training sessions.

It allows everyone in the office to communicate and see each other's calendars. Obviously, there are also benefits using Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Excel has allowed us to create all of our estimating documents and PowerPoint is an excellent tool for our Lunch and Learn presentations.

Office 365 review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Best cloud productivity subscription service for businesses"

What do you like best?

Since Office 365 provides cloud services, I like the ability to use the service anywhere. I just need to be able to connect to the internet. I can access my email, docs, excel sheets etc. I also like the flexibility of different subscription models which give more freedom to choose the services that I need. Since the model is subscription based, I don't have to worry about upgrading licenses for new versions etc.

What do you dislike?

Different software which solve similar use-cases like Microsoft Teams and Skype. Not all the consumers would be using all the features provided by Office 365 and might not be taking full advantage of it. Might need internet infrastructure upgrade if the company doesn't have very good internet speeds as everything is in cloud. All the files would be stored in the cloud and not on local systems which would be a problem for some as the files might be prone to hacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider using Office 365 for solving the most of office productivity issues. There are many advantages to it and there is the flexibility of subscription offers. Please consider the pricing models before the migration.

Collaborate on same documents with different team members. Chat using Skype with users, colleagues and video conferencing help remote workers and teams located in various locations. Use Outlook as email service. Share design documents using Microsoft Word. Develop and share presentations using Powerpoint. Our team cannot think of not having Office 365 at work. We also use excel to solve some of the quantative problems. Also use Onedrive for storing the files.

Office 365 review by User

"A great classic that keeps its monopoly thanks to its quality and standards. "

What do you like best?

Office 365 is the complete package for home or office computers. The most liked by me are Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint, in that order. I use most of them on a daily basis, reading, editing and sharing archives on the most standard way possible between friends and colleges. It works great in computers, and good in portable devices, although it´s more difficult to use in smaller screens without a physical mouse or keyboard.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that once you buy an Office 365 package in one language, you can´t change it. Most basic functions are used in one way in spanish (bold: ctrl+n, save: ctrl+g) and the other in english (bolg: ctrl+b, save: ctrl+s), making it difficult to work in two or more computers that have the program installed in different languages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It´s always better to have Office 365 than to have any other kind of application to solve your business challenges. Office is the international tool used by almost everyone to work, write, edit, or solve problems. I would blatantly disagree with people trying to use other tools that are not compatible, or are competing to establish in the same market as Office. I personally dislike the tools offered by Google Sheets/Google Docs, and the ones that come installed with Mac computers.

All the difficulties, challenges and common tasks of my business are solved through Office: Want to crunch some numbers? Excel. Want to communicate with other people? Outlook. Want to write a letter? Word. Want to do a beautiful presentation? PowerPoint. Want to take notes? OneNote. It´s the all in one package for businesses, families, students, and teachers.

Office 365 review by Administrator

"365 provides the support and tools we need to run our business"

What do you like best?

The additional storage and unlimited online tech support, should something go awry, are the most beneficial things since the upgrade.

What do you dislike?

There are still some glitches from time to time, which I am sure will be worked out once reported. Some of our applications don't run as smoothly since the switch, but with a phone call to support, we have usually been able to get the fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While we, as an IT company, know the change can be scary, it will eventually need to be done for everyone who wishes to receive continued support from Microsoft. The additional storage space and technical support are more than enough to make this switch worthwhile.

We are an IT company. We provide IT services to clients across several states. When 365 does something we cannot immediately find a fix for, we can call the technical staff at Microsoft and, free of charge, work with them to eliminate the issue.

Office 365 review by Omer Y.
Omer Y.

"Love the subscription model"

What do you like best?

I live that I am able to use every single aspect of the Office Apps. It makes it really handy when you need them.

What do you dislike?

I wish the online collaboration was integrated better and I could edit simultaneously with my teams as we change things - like Google Docs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a basic tool to edit presentations and textfiles, I think Google Docs will be just fine. However, this is a great subscription, especially if you are using Excel or Teams.

It is the standard software everywhere so it is really useful in every aspect. It is really easy to use and the new interface is better than ever.

Office 365 review by Riddhika J.
Riddhika J.

"ALL IN ONE SUITE"

What do you like best?

For me the connectivity/availability is the best feature. I can use it from anywhere via any laptop without worrying about getting the secured connection or company laptop. The other important feature is all of my need integrated in one tool be it discussion forum for important suggestion when I am travelling at remote customer site, sharing and editing files, creating MOM online & accessing them anytime, assigning team & tasks and getting updates on the mail.

What do you dislike?

Th desktop site is somewhat superior than online version and I wish they both would be same. Also, if they can integrate the Project that will make this a WHOLE package in one.

We are using as a platform to share, access and resolve all our research and development needs. The suite has more options in one platform than any other tool we have used in the past and its quite easy to use considering the cloud capabilities.

Office 365 review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Have some money and need fast setup of office apps? Buy it"

What do you like best?

Too easy to use. Most people already used it or use it currently in companies.

What do you dislike?

Some tools are not completely integrated;

Lags in tools to search and other bugs that are hardware dependent

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you comment about Microsoft there's always the fans and the "others". Microsoft with Office 365 converted lots of the "others" world to Microsoft world. When the begun to understand that other products exist and beat them, and start to walk to the same direction, their product started to stay better.

Office tools may not be the most stable, but they just work. And now you have the cloud option for most tools, so even if you're a linux user you still may use almost everything without problem.

The administration without integrate with Active Directory is easy, but if you need to integrate, and don't have a expert near you, begin to search, cause despite the tools are easy to install, you need to pay attention to some details, as for example the first account you setup, that trial one, the name you setup, will be the name that you'll be carrying for the rest of you life,except if you cancel everything and start from zero, or negotiate with MS for a account transfer with downtime...

Became the standard toolset for Office Applications, and quickly. When you comment that everyone will have a license and that they may install in 5 devices, the adoption is fast as light for most people.

"LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!"

What do you like best?

I don't think I could function without Office 365. I use Outlook, Excel and Word every day.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything I don't like about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fantastic program. Can do so many things with it and highly recommend for anyone working in office administration.

I have a great email program however it is hard to organize things in it. I forward my email program to Outlook and work from there. In Outlook you can color code different tasks you have to do and once you are finished the task you can put a check mark beside it so you know it has been completed which helps prevent things from falling thru the cracks.

The search function in Outlook is fantastic and has saved me a lot of time helping me dig thru old emails to find important information that has been buried.

I also use excel for so many different spreadsheets, there are so many great things you can do with it.

I use it for accounting, inventory, keeping track of data etc etc.

There are a ton of other things that you can do with Microsoft 365, what I use is just the tip of the iceberg.

Office 365 review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"Office Suite That's Worth The Cost"

What do you like best?

The best part about it is the ability to either use a web based version of Office Software if it is not currently installed, or using an installed version, and being able to save to the cloud to edit documents either in the software itself or online in your web browser.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't a whole lot to not like. I guess the only thing that really sticks out though is that it doesn't include Visio. Getting Visio is a whole other subscription in itself unfortunately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other alternatives like Google Docs, Google Sheets, and so on, but with Microsoft Office 365 and its Company Integration, it just cant be beat. The features of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook, and Skype for business are just top notch.

Collaboration. Office 365 lets multiple people work on documents at once. This is probably one of the best features of this software. Benefits wise, I guess it'd be just being able to work as a team on projects in an office program.

Office 365 review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Not compatible with Macs. "

What do you like best?

I'm not a fan of Outlook. I have tried to sync it with my Mac Mail account and it often doesn't send emails. In my Mac Mail app it will say the email has sent, but I will find out from co-workers or clients that my email was never received. Then I will have to log into the browser version to re-send the email. Very annoying.

What do you dislike?

I'm a devout Mac user, so I love that all my emails go to my Mac Mail account. But after switching to Office 365 for work, my emails often get lost or some don't even send. I have to log into the online browser version to check.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Probably better for PC users, but would not recommend for Mac users.

It's supposed to offer a better email service, with swifter processing. I'm currently not impressed. It also doesn't seem to update my emails through the cloud.

Office 365 review by David W.
David W.

"Increased storage space, but loss of some functionality"

What do you like best?

Previously, my organization used Office 2013 with Outlook 2013, and either the program itself or the server could only accommodate 40 MB of mail, which was really little. Now, the storage space is much greater. Additionally,

What do you dislike?

I used to be able to connect other Mail accounts that required VPN to the account and see all of the email at the same time, but I no longer can do that. There is also no "Undo Send" feature when you have the emails popped out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the settings. You are able to change the defaults for many things, as is typical for Office applications.

Sending mail, forwarding mail, collaborating with co-workers, informing co-workers of things.

Office 365 review by Nanette P.
Nanette P.

"Takes some adjustment"

What do you like best?

I like that it's pretty fast, in theory. Like most software, once you know how to use something, it's easy, right? While I do not think that "figuring out" how to use this software is particularly intuitive, once you DO figure it out, the layout is technically faster than the email platform we were using previously.

What do you dislike?

The navigational interface is not particularly to my liking. Some things don't seem clean or neat enough, if that even makes sense. There are too many options, and too many ways to do the same things! I feel like they got a little over excited with the layout, making the over all somewhat overcrowded.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time to familiarize yourself with the program, as it won't just come naturally to you in the moment, as I assumed it would.

We switched from GoDaddy to Office 365, for speed, and organizational purposes. I've realized that's it's a far more sophisticated program.

Office 365 review by Derek I.
Derek I.

"Office 365 All the way!"

What do you like best?

Microsoft has quickly become the industry standard. Further, there is not the overbearing drinking the G-Suite kool-aid that happens with G-Suite products (forcibly trying to convert docs etc). The fact it is future proof, and constant improvements are being made as well as a user-friendly dashboard to manage users and services in one place is a big deal for me as a consultant. Further, the tutorial/help system is top notch and can be easily forwarded to all level of users which include screenshots, step-by-step, and short articles are an added plus, especially for easy migrations, implementations, and end-user training. I am a Microsoft fan!

What do you dislike?

There is not much not to like with Office 365. No software is perfect, I just choose Microsoft because the frustration/error/change levels are more accommodating and easier to swallow than other products.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to future-proof your business while minimizing downtime, I would highly recommend O365.

-Collaboration (Teams is awesome!), integrations with other software (Hubspot for instance), stability, reliability, and consistency with the environment. For instance, with G-Suite products are constantly being changed and altered and moved around and renamed which create confusion.