Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

OfficeMate

3.6
(13 reviews)

OfficeMate satisfies all of your practice management needs and maintains and manages patient demographic information that is easily entered and accessed and includes such areas as marketing, recall, and insurances.

Work for OfficeMate?

Learning about OfficeMate?

OfficeMate Reviews

Showing 12 OfficeMate reviews
OfficeMate review by Vannessa C.
Vannessa C.

"Easy, Fast Interface"

What do you like best?

You can design the aspects of your exam, enter patient information very easily, carry forward old information from the previous exam(s), and the best part is that it is fast.

What do you dislike?

The worst part is for transactions - it's hard to put in exactly what you want in a simple manner. I think it's more complicated than it needs to be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think OfficeMate is worth trying if your staff does well with computers, if you are looking to get things done in a faster manner, and if you want a system that you can customize easily. It's not the cheapest EHR system available, but it is reliable and I have not had any major issues. Occasionally it needs to be restarted if it crashes but this is rare.

Entering patient data and problems is quick and efficient. This saves tremendous time during pre-testing and during examination time.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about OfficeMate
OfficeMate review by Ammie H.
Ammie H.

"Use it everyday and it does almost everything I could ask for."

What do you like best?

I love how easy of an interface Officemate is to use. I had to learn the system very quickly and it wasn't a hard at all. I can do everything from one place, from checking patients in for appointments and scheduling them, to pulling through charges and placing eyeglass/contact lens orders. Officemate for the most part allows us to do all of that.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the occasional random errors we get. I feel like the system's code is very fragile and even one incorrect key sequence can cause a shutdown. I also wish the system for print patient documents was a little simpler and more customizable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a system that really allows a comprehensive look at patient data, from health records to billed charges, this system has been working for us perfectly for years. I highly recommend this for any office looking to simplify the process of healthcare office work.

We need a comprehensive software for daily office use. Officemate allows us to continue business as usual.

What Optometry solution do you use?

OfficeMate review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"This system is tries and true, but has some limitations."

What do you like best?

Officemate has been around for a long time, it does not look very fancy, but it is pretty user friendly. I had to learn this system on the fly, and I pretty quickly felt comfortable.

What do you dislike?

This system does limit even the administrator user in some respects, for example; items created in the ledger can never be deleted, an item that has been used in any way, or a pationt profile that has anything on it cannot be removed.

Organizing patients charges and demographics. Integrating with the EHR for billing and PQRS/MACRA.

"Overall easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the easiness of learning how to use the product. It doesn't take long to figure out how things work and the setup is done in a practical way. I came into the office not knowing a thing about the software and in only a few days I was "rockin' and rollin'".

What do you dislike?

While MOST things are easy with this product, like everything else there are a few bugs. Thankfully the ones I came across were not associated with things I had to do too often. For example, there were a few issues with the ease of being able to fix a person's fee sheet when refunds were needed.

OfficeMate has helped everything in the office to run more smoothly by being something the staff all learned to work with together. The Tech Support has been great along the way and always very friendly. It has allowed us to greatly decrease the amount of paper used in the office and kept track with day to day activities.

OfficeMate review by Shayna D.
Shayna D.

"OfficeMate good for starters."

What do you like best?

I enjoy the simplicity of the program. Inputting patient information is very easy and in your face.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that there are so many options that stay blank or are basically useless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s a good program to use if you’re starting out. I would eventually upgrade if your practice gets larger.

We use OfficeMate as a back-up program in our office. It’s useful in the sense it has patient information from previous years stored in it, so we’re able to back track 1-10 years (maybe even farther).

OfficeMate review by Melissa R.
Melissa R.

"outstanding"

What do you like best?

I like thatit talks to examwriter so everything transfers nicely.

What do you dislike?

I don't like When the system fails and you can pull customer Info

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely would reccomend

we are able to haveour patient flow throught office effortlessly.

"Decent Office Management"

What do you like best?

Once learned, Office Mate provides you with the basic patient profile storage. The best option is how you can pull VSP insurance authorizations straight through Office Mate instead of online. Would like to see this for all insurances.

What do you dislike?

The design is cluttered and has lots of unused tabs for our office. Personalization would be nice. Exam Writer is a part of Office Mate, but not much is integrated between the two of them.

We are able to have a well working EMR for our patients

OfficeMate review by User

"One place for everything"

What do you like best?

I like that this is linked with so many other software and programs that use eyefinity

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact that it's so connect with big insurance companies like VSP

Helps connect data from health records with online ordering systems for insurance

OfficeMate review by Administrator in Medical Practice
Administrator in Medical Practice

"Officemate review "

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to schedule my patients follow up appointments in advance while they are in my exam room

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of clicking and sometimes finding the correct content is challenging

Prebooking patients

OfficeMate review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Good Product. "

What do you like best?

Officemate is very user friendly, easy to navigate. It is also very convenient that you can sync with VSP.

What do you dislike?

The technology and reports are a little out dated. It would be great if you could customize more reports than you are able to do currently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great for a one location office.

Electronic health records make everything easier than all paper, easy for everyone to be able to see all updated information on a patient in real time.

OfficeMate review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Not much good to say about it"

What do you like best?

Better that using pen and pencil? There are so many better systems out there that are so much better. I don’t see the benefits of Officemate.

What do you dislike?

It’s pretty much all around a poor practice management software.

No necessity for paper charting.

OfficeMate review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Best practice management software"

What do you like best?

Has everything I need to schedule patients and the most comprehensive EHR

What do you dislike?

Sometimes TOO many options/functions. There is always something new to learn about the program

Scheduling patients, keep track of glasses and contact lens orders. I am able to easily satisfy meaningful use with ExamWriter

Learning about OfficeMate?

* We monitor all OfficeMate reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.